Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
401,561 - 401,580 of 533,042 Comments Last updated 12 min ago
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...That's right....change course....because you don't know what the hell you're talking about. BUSTED!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA!!!!!!!
Catholic-in-denial is unable to answer honestly, so Catholic-in-denial attacks messenger.

Again...

The RCC stood against the Bill of Rights then.

Who changed?

If Catholic-in-denial actually answered, the spiritual; claim would be.... BUSTED
DWWashburn

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

You idiots don't read the bible! A priest is caught raping your sons; he turns to you and says, "There is nothing in the 10 commandments that says that I cannot have sex with your sons. Now bugger off!" And you blindly obey.
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there and done the bible only Protestant (merry-go-round circus" for over over 35 years!....It's called Protestant "confusion, chaos, and distortion of Sacred Scripture, which is all "laced with" sola scriptura heresy, in denial of TRUE Church History and Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.....YOU CAN HAVE IT--all 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent (hodge-podge) of Protestant denominations that "do nothing" but their pass personal judgement and condemnation upon any and all Christians, especially Catholics!!!
Catholic-in-denial avoids issue.

If your religion requires the use of diplomatic immunity to obstruct justice for sexually abused orphans, you might want to think about getting out of it.

No one at the Vatican denies what Catholic-in-denial denies. Vatican spin is too absurd to even use here.

FACTS are the enemy of Catholic-in-denial.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

III. CHRIST JESUS -- "MEDIATOR AND FULLNESS OF ALL REVELATION"25

God has said everything in his Word

65 "In many and various ways God spoke of old to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son."26 Christ, the Son of God made man, is the Father's one, perfect and unsurpassable Word. In him he has said everything; there will be no other word than this one. St. John of the Cross, among others, commented strikingly on Hebrews 1:1-2:

In giving us his Son, his only Word (for he possesses no other), he spoke everything to us at once in this sole Word - and he has no more to say... because what he spoke before to the prophets in parts, he has now spoken all at once by giving us the All Who is His Son. Any person questioning God or desiring some vision or revelation would be guilty not only of foolish behavior but also of offending him, by not fixing his eyes entirely upon Christ and by living with the desire for some other novelty.27

There will be no further Revelation

66 "The Christian economy, therefore, since it is the new and definitive Covenant, will never pass away; and no new public revelation is to be expected before the glorious manifestation of our Lord Jesus Christ."28 Yet even if Revelation is already complete, it has not been made completely explicit; it remains for Christian faith gradually to grasp its full significance over the course of the centuries.
http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p1s1c2a1.htm#II...
DWWashburn

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there and done the bible only Protestant (merry-go-round circus" for over over 35 years!....It's called Protestant "confusion, chaos, and distortion of Sacred Scripture, which is all "laced with" sola scriptura heresy, in denial of TRUE Church History and Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.....YOU CAN HAVE IT--all 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent (hodge-podge) of Protestant denominations that "do nothing" but their pass personal judgement and condemnation upon any and all Christians, especially Catholics!!!
Now one damn thing about the raped children and how your priests are covering up the crimes!

I wonder if Jesus raped boys, too?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
May 05
Kykkos Mother of God
The original of this icon is attributed to St. Luke (the Apostle). It is reputed to have traveled extensively before it came to rest in Cyprus where it is credited with numerous miracles and healings. Copies of this icon became commonplace in Russian in the 17th century.
http://holy-icons.com/category/ourlady/
first of all Almighty God does not have a Mother It would mean He was created.
second of all Regina, I believe with all my heart that you love the Lord, I really do.
I am just trying to show you from History and From a bibical view point that the catholic church is not the true church of God.
(NOR IS THE PROTESTANT).
Every religion on this earth has a different doctrine.
God is unchangeable. Yesterday, today, and tomorrow, He is the same to all generations.
The O.T. church started with Abraham, God made a covenant with Him. The N.T. Church Was a Blood Covenant we are under the blood of Jesus .
If I choose a religious doctrine from the many denomination, I have to ask myself am I going against the teachings of Jesus.
I have to go by what the Bible says. Regina and get under some solid bible Holy Spirit teachers.
Who preach the teachings of Jesus Christ. not what Pastor Bob, or Father So and So says.
The Holy Spirit flows like a river Regina, when you are sitting under the anointing of a Spirit Filled Preacher you know the difference , between the real thing and a fake .
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
THE THEOTOKOS
by Archbishop Dmitri of Dallas and the South
The piety of the Church gives a rather prominent place to the one whom we call the Theotokos, she who gave birth to God, the ever-virgin Mary. On August 15th, we celebrate the major feast day known as the Dormition or Falling-asleep of the Mother of God. Three weeks from that date, on September 8th, we celebrate her birth. There are, of course, other feasts in her honor, and no service of the Church fails to make reference to her. Prayers are addressed to her and hymns to her glorification are sung. In them we call her "more honorable than the cherubim and without compare more glorious than the Seraphim …"
It is difficult to understand a Christian piety that does not include the most Holy Theotokos.
http://www.orthodoxresearchinstitute.org/arti...
Mary gave birth to the Man,Son of Man,Jesus. She cannot give birth to God.The Human being with flesh and blood,is what Mary gave birth to.Her humanity was poured into His Person,and He became a living,breathing baby boy,later to become a Man with maturity.He was to be taught the ways of human life from both Mary and Joseph,all included to respectfully add to His stature as a Man.

Being God already from eternity which has no beginning with God,it is impossible for Mary to give birth to God,she is responsible and BLESSED as the woman who gave birth to the total humanity of J e s u s the Man,called in Scripture the Son of Man.That alone is the magnitude of truth that enfolds Mary as the Mother of Jesus,in VIRGIN Birth,yet clothing Him in human flesh and blood.I think that is enough for one maiden to bear.

The fact that Jesus already IS GOD gives no place for what HE obtained in Human flesh and blood from Mary.That is the glory of God Regina,that Jesus inherited flesh and blood from Mary,His humanity is due to her alone,no man had a part in it.God allowed Mary the unique role of bringing about the Incarnation through her very body,that is blessed.She has no credit in the fact that Jesus is indeed G O D with the Father and the Holy Spirit.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Jack Daniels is light; in him there is no darkness at all, says the drunk. God is your bottle of booze because you can't cope.
that's a little harsh,sarcasim is not necessary,if you have a point to make just make it like a man/woman,not like a school kid bully,there is enough of that on here from the catholics.they seem to be the worst when it comes to being harsh and nasty when you post something that they don't like.
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Filioque about the Blessed Virgin Mary????
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
(See Eastern Orthodox Icons of the Theotokos linked above.)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Again, Ironic isn't it -- that Mary's status would be the beginning of the great East-West Schism (Filioque controversy, late 500's)

No? Wasn't Mary's status one reason why the Eastern Church was against the notion that the Holy Ghost proceeds from the Father, not from the Son?

But focusing on such details is a great way to avoid real-life Facts.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic-in-denial is unable to answer honestly, so Catholic-in-denial attacks messenger.
Again...
The RCC stood against the Bill of Rights then.
Who changed?
If Catholic-in-denial actually answered, the spiritual; claim would be.... BUSTED
Good doggie....stay on this new fantasy course.....because you got caught not knowing what the hell you're talking about!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAH!!!!!
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

DWWashburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Now one damn thing about the raped children and how your priests are covering up the crimes!
I wonder if Jesus raped boys, too?
What pit are you crawling out of?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oct 27
Platytera (“More Spacious than the Heavens”) Mother of God
The Theotokos “More Spacious then the Heavens” is of the type, Our Lady of the Sign. The Theotokos is the “sign” foretold in Isaiah 7:14:“Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; behold, a virgin shall conceive in the womb, and shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Emmanuel.” The Mother of God is shown in the Orans position, that is a position of prayer or supplication. The Platytera is placed in the apse of Orthodox churches as an intermediary, supplicating God on our behalf.
http://holy-icons.com/category/ourlady/
Well you enjoy your little tin gods, As for me and my house hold we will worship the Lord God Almighty. THE MOST HIGH GOD .
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Isaiah 1:18 (KJV)

www.Christ.com
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
first of all Almighty God does not have a Mother It would mean He was created.
second of all Regina, I believe with all my heart that you love the Lord, I really do.
I am just trying to show you from History and From a bibical view point that the catholic church is not the true church of God.
(NOR IS THE PROTESTANT).
Every religion on this earth has a different doctrine.
God is unchangeable. Yesterday, today, and tomorrow, He is the same to all generations.
The O.T. church started with Abraham, God made a covenant with Him. The N.T. Church Was a Blood Covenant we are under the blood of Jesus .
If I choose a religious doctrine from the many denomination, I have to ask myself am I going against the teachings of Jesus.
I have to go by what the Bible says. Regina and get under some solid bible Holy Spirit teachers.
Who preach the teachings of Jesus Christ. not what Pastor Bob, or Father So and So says.
The Holy Spirit flows like a river Regina, when you are sitting under the anointing of a Spirit Filled Preacher you know the difference , between the real thing and a fake .
Please click on the link provided above and view the lovely Holy Icons on this wonderful *Eastern Orthodox* site.
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Free MInd wrote:
Here is a picture of how Catholic children are taught about Mary.
http://onlinecatholicstore.com/our-lady-of-fa...
Here are some of the actual words behind that picture, uttered by Mary in 1917, during World War 1 foretelling World War 2:
#1.... Where bad people go -- "Plunged in this fire were demons and souls in human form, like transparent burning embers, all blackened or burnished bronze, floating about in the conflagration, now raised into the air by the flames..."
#2... "To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."
Would Jesus really sent this Mary......
http://onlinecatholicstore.com/our-lady-of-fa...
.. to give that message to the world?
What kind of sicko would put those words in Mary's mouth and why?
The RCC, War, and Politics
BUSTED
6 negative judges so soon! Thank you.

The link is awesome when placed in context with the absurd words that the liars at the Vatican put into poor Mary's mouth.

Attention Catholics-in-Denial..........

Would YOU send YOUR MOTHER to say such things?

Don't worry. Neither did God.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask the many thousands of protestant pastors who are guilty of it.
Aside from LTM's question,what is your statement suppose to mean?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Saturday, January 19, 2013
This Morning's Meditation
C. H. Spurgeon

----------

"I sought him, but I found him not."—Song of Solomon 3:1.
TELL me where you lost the company of Christ, and I will tell you the most likely place to find Him. Have you lost Christ in the closet by restraining prayer? Then it is there you must seek and find Him. Did you lose Christ by sin? You will find Christ in no other way but by the giving up of the sin, and seeking by the Holy Spirit to mortify the member in which the lust doth dwell. Did you lose Christ by neglecting the Scriptures? You must find Christ in the Scriptures. It is a true proverb, "Look for a thing where you dropped it, it is there." So look for Christ where you lost Him, for He has not gone away. But it is hard work to go back for Christ. Bunyan tells us, the pilgrim found the piece of the road back to the Arbour of Ease, where he lost his roll, the hardest he had ever travelled. Twenty miles onward is easier than to go one mile back for the lost evidence.
Take care, then, when you find your Master, to cling close to Him. But how is it you have lost Him? One would have thought you would never have parted with such a precious friend, whose presence is so sweet, whose words are so comforting, and whose company is so dear to you! How is it that you did not watch Him every moment for fear of losing sight of Him? Yet, since you have let Him go, what a mercy that you are seeking Him, even though you mournfully groan, "O that I knew where I might find Him!" Go on seeking, for it is dangerous to be without thy Lord. Without Christ you are like a sheep without its shepherd; like a tree without water at its roots; like a sere leaf in the tempest—not bound to the tree of life. With thine whole heart seek Him, and He will be found of thee: only give thyself thoroughly up to the search, and verily, thou shalt yet discover Him to thy joy and gladness.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Vision and Darkness
January 19, 2013
When the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and behold, horror and great darkness fell upon him —Genesis 15:12

Whenever God gives a vision to a Christian, it is as if He puts him in “the shadow of His hand”(Isaiah 49:2). The saint’s duty is to be still and listen. There is a “darkness” that comes from too much light-that is the time to listen. The story of Abram and Hagar in Genesis 16 is an excellent example of listening to so-called good advice during a time of darkness, rather than waiting for God to send the light. When God gives you a vision and darkness follows, wait. God will bring the vision He has given you to reality in your life if you will wait on His timing. Never try to help God fulfill His word. Abram went through thirteen years of silence, but in those years all of his self-sufficiency was destroyed. He grew past the point of relying on his own common sense. Those years of silence were a time of discipline, not a period of God’s displeasure. There is never any need to pretend that your life is filled with joy and confidence; just wait upon God and be grounded in Him (see Isaiah 50:10-11).

Do I trust at all in the flesh? Or have I learned to go beyond all confidence in myself and other people of God? Do I trust in books and prayers or other joys in my life? Or have I placed my confidence in God Himself, not in His blessings?“I am Almighty God ...”— El-Shaddai, the All-Powerful God (Genesis 17:1). The reason we are all being disciplined is that we will know God is real. As soon as God becomes real to us, people pale by comparison, becoming shadows of reality. Nothing that other saints do or say can ever upset the one who is built on God.

Bible in One Year: Genesis 46-48; Matthew 13:1-30
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Mary gave birth to the Man,Son of Man,Jesus. She cannot give birth to God.The Human being with flesh and blood,is what Mary gave birth to.Her humanity was poured into His Person,and He became a living,breathing baby boy,later to become a Man with maturity.He was to be taught the ways of human life from both Mary and Joseph,all included to respectfully add to His stature as a Man.
Being God already from eternity which has no beginning with God,it is impossible for Mary to give birth to God,she is responsible and BLESSED as the woman who gave birth to the total humanity of J e s u s the Man,called in Scripture the Son of Man.That alone is the magnitude of truth that enfolds Mary as the Mother of Jesus,in VIRGIN Birth,yet clothing Him in human flesh and blood.I think that is enough for one maiden to bear.
The fact that Jesus already IS GOD gives no place for what HE obtained in Human flesh and blood from Mary.That is the glory of God Regina,that Jesus inherited flesh and blood from Mary,His humanity is due to her alone,no man had a part in it.God allowed Mary the unique role of bringing about the Incarnation through her very body,that is blessed.She has no credit in the fact that Jesus is indeed G O D with the Father and the Holy Spirit.
Oh, dear, not that old heresy again!

Dan, my darling, if you believe that Jesus was not truly God and truly man, including when He was in the womb, then you would be espousing a non-Christian belief. I'm trying to word this nicely, but the truth is you wouldn't be considered a Christian. Please read about the Nestorian heresy.

"After Nicaea a third Christological heresy arose, called Nestorianism (428 A.D.), which proposed two persons in Christ, rather than two natures in one person. Mary would then be the mother of the human person of Christ only, and therefore not the mother of God. Nestorianism was condemned by the third ecumenical council, held in Ephesus (431 A.D.). In substance, the council infallibly declared that Jesus was "according to his divinity, born of the Father before all ages, and in these last days, according to his humanity, born of the Virgin Mary for us and for our salvation ... A union was made of the two natures ... In accord with this understanding of the unconfused union we confess that the Holy Virgin is the Mother of God (<Theotokos>, God-Bearer), through God the Word's being incarnate and becoming man, and, from this conception, His joining to Himself the temple assumed from her." The foregoing statement is taken from a letter of St. Cyril, bishop of Alexandria (444 A.D.), who presided over the Council of Ephesus."
http://www.ewtn.com/library/ANSWERS/fr90203.h...
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Wisdom from Oswald Chambers
The emphasis to-day is placed on the furtherance of an organization; the note is,“We must keep this thing going.” If we are in God’s order the thing will go; if we are not in His order, it won’t.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Ecko 8,182
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••