Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
401,521 - 401,540 of 539,237 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Dan

Omaha, NE

#416705 Jan 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The following, from the Catholic Catechism, teaches to pray to Mary. No supporting Scripture listed...because there is none. This teaching is opposite of the teaching of Christ. He, per Scripture, taught we are to to pray to the Father in His name.
“Mary is the perfect Orans prayer, a figure of the Church. When we pray to her, we are adhering with her to the plan of the Father”(Catechism 2679)
Find the section about divine worship and who gets it.
No Mary there.
Also, learn to read. "When we pray with her (not TO her, Oxbow-WITH)"
She adhered to the plan of the Father (per Scripture. Oxbow). When we pray with her, we're doing the same.
Better to be thought a fool than post on a message board and remove all doubt, Oxbow.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#416706 Jan 18, 2013
705 627
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Find the section about divine worship and who gets it.
No Mary there.
Also, learn to read. "When we pray with her (not TO her, Oxbow-WITH)"
She adhered to the plan of the Father (per Scripture. Oxbow). When we pray with her, we're doing the same.
Better to be thought a fool than post on a message board and remove all doubt, Oxbow.
I am not discussing divine worship. Am saying that Catholics are taught to pray to Mary...which is opposite of what Christ taught..

The Catechism does not teach to pray "with her"...it says, plain as day pray "to her".

Quote: When we pray to her, we are adhering with her to the plan of the Father”(Catechism 2679)

It does not, in anyway, even hint of praying "with her"...it does say "pray to her..."....and no Scripture supports that teaching...none...

FYI....Praying is one thing...adhering is an other thing....
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#416707 Jan 18, 2013
Guest wrote:
An ingenious example of speech and politics occurred recently in the United Nations
Assembly and made the world community smile.
A representative from Israel began:'Before beginning my talk I want to tell you
something about Moses. When he struck the rock and it brought forth water, he
thought,'What a good opportunity to have a bath!' He removed his clothes, put them
aside on the rock and entered the water.
When he got out and wanted to dress, his clothes had vanished. A Palestinian had
stolen them.
The Palestinian representative jumped up furiously and shouted,'What are you
talking about? The Palestinians weren't there then.'
The Israeli representative smiled and said,'And now that we have made that clear, I
will begin my speech...'
Are you serius?
That is hilarious. I'd like to see a link or something if you have it please.
preston

Waverly, OH

#416708 Jan 18, 2013
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#416709 Jan 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
705 627
<quoted text>
I am not discussing divine worship. Am saying that Catholics are taught to pray to Mary...which is opposite of what Christ taught..
The Catechism does not teach to pray "with her"...it says, plain as day pray "to her".
Quote: When we pray to her, we are adhering with her to the plan of the Father”(Catechism 2679)
It does not, in anyway, even hint of praying "with her"...it does say "pray to her..."....and no Scripture supports that teaching...none...
FYI....Praying is one thing...adhering is an other thing....
You are wasting your time. They have never admitted to it and they never will.
We've posted prayers from catholic sites that prove it. We've also brought up what you just did. If at any poin the give in they'll say " what's wrong with that?" Or something along those lines.
preston

Waverly, OH

#416710 Jan 18, 2013
they have a notice that this is not to be copied, so I am just providing a link.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#416711 Jan 18, 2013
preston wrote:
they have a notice that this is not to be copied, so I am just providing a link.
Thanks.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#416712 Jan 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Demon?
Do you know that when Mary appeared to Juan Diego at Guadalupe, Mexico and left her image on his cloak, she converted millions of indigenous Mexicans to Jesus Christ, seemingly over night?
Quite a blunder for a demon. I thought their goal was to get people AWAY from Christ.
Turning to and praying to Mary IS getting people away from Christ!

Location hidden

#416713 Jan 18, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wasting your time. They have never admitted to it and they never will.
We've posted prayers from catholic sites that prove it. We've also brought up what you just did. If at any poin the give in they'll say " what's wrong with that?" Or something along those lines.
Denying the truth does not make a lie true...but, evidently that does not apply to Catholics.

I have posted a video on this forum, from CNN, showing Catholics praying to Mary...but that convinced no Catholics that what they were seeing and hearing was the truth!!!!

Go figga....
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#416714 Jan 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying the truth does not make a lie true...but, evidently that does not apply to Catholics.
I have posted a video on this forum, from CNN, showing Catholics praying to Mary...but that convinced no Catholics that what they were seeing and hearing was the truth!!!!
Go figga....
No worries......
Romans 14:11

Poplar Bluff, MO

#416715 Jan 18, 2013
Happy Sabbath !!!!

Location hidden

#416716 Jan 18, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries......
Romans 14:11
What does that have to do with Catholics praying to Mary???!!!

Poplar Bluff, MO

#416717 Jan 18, 2013
The Ark of the Covenant found in Jerusalem -- New meaning to prophecies concerning Christ.

Excellent documentry.

truth

Perth, Australia

#416718 Jan 19, 2013
suze suze he not forget tears hebrew 5;7
psalm 22
Dan

Omaha, NE

#416719 Jan 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Go figga....
Mary isn't worshipped.
We pray for her intercession.
Old news.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#416720 Jan 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary isn't worshipped.
We pray for her intercession.
Old news.
Its amazing we actually need to explain that. They rely so much on slander and bearing false witness.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416721 Jan 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its amazing we actually need to explain that. They rely so much on slander and bearing false witness.
How is it slander when people post Catholic links to verify the claim?

You are the one slandering Mary by claiming a blatant lie -- made up by the Vatican to help Hitler and Mussolini in their invasion of Russia -- is somehow true.

These mystical lies about Mary might be cute, until one actually looks at the details.

Praising whose who used the name of Mary to back the invasion of Russia and the murder of millions is something few Americans would do.

BTW -- it backfired. Communism expanded because the Vatican side lost.

Too bad.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416723 Jan 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nothing... Free called the Blessed Mother a narcisisst slut last yr. Then erased it. Then lied about saying it. Then re worded it.
No Protestant came to Marys defense. As long as it was trashing the Church, they were cool with it.
Some people are so stupid... they don't realize they are stupid.
1... How does a individual poster erase a post on Topix?

2... No Protestant came to Mary's defense" for one simple reason. No one said what you claim.

3... Catholic morality 101 = lie whenever one pleases and claim something absurd, like "he erased the post."

When the immoral, Mary-hating buffoon figures out how to erase a Topix post by himself, I hope he lets us know.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA

PS -- In 1917, Mary NEVER said what the foolish Vatican claims. It was a lie to give moral support to Mussolini and Hitler in the early stages of their invasion of Russia.

Victory seemed assured in 1941, at the time the Church Marian lie was released.

Millions of innocent Russian peasants died in the next few months, but then the weather changed. Oops.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416724 Jan 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I read your link and it was painfully sad. Every time I run into such slander it strengthens my faith and I know I indeed belong to the true Church.
You should know that whoever is responsible for that link is likely going to hell for deceiving people like you.
Can any of you guys function at all without bearing false witness?? That's a red flag right there soc. If your religion needs to lie to exist, then get out of it!!!
If your religion requires the use of diplomatic immunity to obstruct justice for sexually abused orphans, you might want to think about getting out of it.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416725 Jan 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd respond if you cited the quote.
Again, running the vitriol to provoke a response. Very middle school of you, FM.
Just provide information and I'll respond.
I have cited the quote a number of times. You can easily find it.

Look up "Second Secret Of Fatima"
Again, it all sounds so dreamy until one actually looks at the facts.

This was supposedly given to the Vatican in 1917, but wasn't released until 1941 -- after the fact.

"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."

Mary? World War 2?

All miraculously announced after the fact! Why?

The RCC uses Mary like a pimp. The pimp dresses her up and then uses her in an immoral way for his gain.

If you read the full text, you will see an obvious attempt to please Mussolini during the early stages of the invasion of Russia.

Today, the same disgusting creeps fight against sexually abused orphans. Enough of this BS from supposedly superior the 'ONE-TRUE' church of Hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes 9 hr ELIAS IBARRA 47
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 28 Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Aug 28 ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••