Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 582,897
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#416714 Jan 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying the truth does not make a lie true...but, evidently that does not apply to Catholics.
I have posted a video on this forum, from CNN, showing Catholics praying to Mary...but that convinced no Catholics that what they were seeing and hearing was the truth!!!!
Go figga....
No worries......
Romans 14:11

Poplar Bluff, MO

#416715 Jan 18, 2013
Happy Sabbath !!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#416716 Jan 18, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries......
Romans 14:11
What does that have to do with Catholics praying to Mary???!!!

Poplar Bluff, MO

#416717 Jan 18, 2013
The Ark of the Covenant found in Jerusalem -- New meaning to prophecies concerning Christ.

Excellent documentry.

truth

Perth, Australia

#416718 Jan 19, 2013
suze suze he not forget tears hebrew 5;7
psalm 22
Dan

Omaha, NE

#416719 Jan 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying the truth does not make a lie true...but, evidently that does not apply to Catholics.
I have posted a video on this forum, from CNN, showing Catholics praying to Mary...but that convinced no Catholics that what they were seeing and hearing was the truth!!!!
Go figga....
Mary isn't worshipped.
We pray for her intercession.
Old news.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#416720 Jan 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary isn't worshipped.
We pray for her intercession.
Old news.
Its amazing we actually need to explain that. They rely so much on slander and bearing false witness.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416721 Jan 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its amazing we actually need to explain that. They rely so much on slander and bearing false witness.
How is it slander when people post Catholic links to verify the claim?

You are the one slandering Mary by claiming a blatant lie -- made up by the Vatican to help Hitler and Mussolini in their invasion of Russia -- is somehow true.

These mystical lies about Mary might be cute, until one actually looks at the details.

Praising whose who used the name of Mary to back the invasion of Russia and the murder of millions is something few Americans would do.

BTW -- it backfired. Communism expanded because the Vatican side lost.

Too bad.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416723 Jan 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nothing... Free called the Blessed Mother a narcisisst slut last yr. Then erased it. Then lied about saying it. Then re worded it.
No Protestant came to Marys defense. As long as it was trashing the Church, they were cool with it.
Some people are so stupid... they don't realize they are stupid.
1... How does a individual poster erase a post on Topix?

2... No Protestant came to Mary's defense" for one simple reason. No one said what you claim.

3... Catholic morality 101 = lie whenever one pleases and claim something absurd, like "he erased the post."

When the immoral, Mary-hating buffoon figures out how to erase a Topix post by himself, I hope he lets us know.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA

PS -- In 1917, Mary NEVER said what the foolish Vatican claims. It was a lie to give moral support to Mussolini and Hitler in the early stages of their invasion of Russia.

Victory seemed assured in 1941, at the time the Church Marian lie was released.

Millions of innocent Russian peasants died in the next few months, but then the weather changed. Oops.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416724 Jan 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I read your link and it was painfully sad. Every time I run into such slander it strengthens my faith and I know I indeed belong to the true Church.
You should know that whoever is responsible for that link is likely going to hell for deceiving people like you.
Can any of you guys function at all without bearing false witness?? That's a red flag right there soc. If your religion needs to lie to exist, then get out of it!!!
If your religion requires the use of diplomatic immunity to obstruct justice for sexually abused orphans, you might want to think about getting out of it.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416725 Jan 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd respond if you cited the quote.
Again, running the vitriol to provoke a response. Very middle school of you, FM.
Just provide information and I'll respond.
I have cited the quote a number of times. You can easily find it.

Look up "Second Secret Of Fatima"
Again, it all sounds so dreamy until one actually looks at the facts.

This was supposedly given to the Vatican in 1917, but wasn't released until 1941 -- after the fact.

"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."

Mary? World War 2?

All miraculously announced after the fact! Why?

The RCC uses Mary like a pimp. The pimp dresses her up and then uses her in an immoral way for his gain.

If you read the full text, you will see an obvious attempt to please Mussolini during the early stages of the invasion of Russia.

Today, the same disgusting creeps fight against sexually abused orphans. Enough of this BS from supposedly superior the 'ONE-TRUE' church of Hell.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416726 Jan 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I just thought I'd ask because you seem to echo Freemind assetion that Jesus is really impressed with the USA. I mean, if wealth, material possessions and the freedom to slaughter babies in the womb is so much more Jesus's ideal, then yes, He must've blessed this country with protestant leaders who have been at the forefront of it all...
If you hate the USA so much and love Catholic America so much, I have good news for you.

There are millions of folks in the Catholic south who would love to trade places with you.

There is nothing standing in your way! Walk your talk.

Ummmm? I thought not. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416727 Jan 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd respond if you cited the quote.
Again, running the vitriol to provoke a response. Very middle school of you, FM.
Just provide information and I'll respond.
OK...

You could easily find it for yourself (Second Secret of Fatima), but here's another one for you to run from.

How does an individual claim diplomatic immunity unless invoked by an institutional authority.

Roman Catholic Church 101...

Q... What institutional authority uses diplomatic immunity to keep individuals from testifying in court cases involving sexually abused orphans?

A... Jesus only appointed Church, Perfect teachings on morals.

You can find that too if you tried.

But somehow, they never lift a finger to find the actual facts. Shocker!!!!!!
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416728 Jan 19, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
These statements from Our Lady of Lourdes? Showing the children what hell looked like... anyway my complaint here is the last few sentences. This is the Blessed Mother you are speaking of. Not a good description from you about Jesus' mother. How would you like it if someone spoke of your mother this way. I hope you ask for forgiveness.
Catholic Girl, please read the post again.

I NEVER SAID DESCRIBED MARY THAT WAY.

THE VATICAN DID SO WHEN IT PUT SHAMEFUL WORDS IN HER MOUTH.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Secrets_of...

Words supposedly given in 1917, but not released until later.

Did anyone lie? If not, then PRETEND YOUR OWN MOTHER used the same words and see how it sounds.

DUH!!!!!!!!!! Would YOU say anything like that to humanity?

Neither did Mary.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416729 Jan 19, 2013
How quickly true believers set the facts aside in order to make sense of their lies.

Memo to "spiritually superior" Catholics in denial....

When you come here under a banner claiming religious superiority, then expect to be BUSTED.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#416730 Jan 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Demon?
Do you know that when Mary appeared to Juan Diego at Guadalupe, Mexico and left her image on his cloak, she converted millions of indigenous Mexicans to Jesus Christ, seemingly over night?
Quite a blunder for a demon. I thought their goal was to get people AWAY from Christ.
why don't you read the link Clay,
This is who the catholic church has representing Mary the Mother of Jesus.

It was so strongly written in the paganistic mind the image of the Mother Goddess with a child in her arms, that when the days of the great falling away came, the portrait of Isis and the child Horus was accepted not only in popular opinion, but by formal episcopal sanction, as the portrait of the Virgin and son. Representations of Isis and her child were often enclosed in framework of flowers. This practice too was applied to Mary who is often pictured the same way, as those who have studied Medieval Art well known.

The Egyptian goddess Isis was often represented as standing on the crescent moon with twelve stars surrounding her head. There is another woman mentioned with twelve stars in the Bible, but its not Mary. But it was also adopted to Mary (left). This adoption was to satisfy the superstitions of the heathen mind. And even as the pagans had statues of Goddess, so likewise, statues were made of Mary, even though the scriptures forbid such a practice! In some cases, the very same statues had been worshipped as Isis, were simply renamed as Mary and the Christ child- and the old worship continued! "When Christianity triumphed", says one writer, "these painting and figures became those of the Madonna and child without any break in continuity: No archaeologist, in fact, can now tell whether some of these objects represent the one or the other." Not only has this deceived them but it is deceiving and uniting the world.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#416731 Jan 19, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
May 05
Kykkos Mother of God

The original of this icon is attributed to St. Luke (the Apostle). It is reputed to have traveled extensively before it came to rest in Cyprus where it is credited with numerous miracles and healings. Copies of this icon became commonplace in Russian in the 17th century.
http://holy-icons.com/category/ourlady/
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#416732 Jan 19, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oct 27
Platytera (“More Spacious than the Heavens”) Mother of God

The Theotokos “More Spacious then the Heavens” is of the type, Our Lady of the Sign. The Theotokos is the “sign” foretold in Isaiah 7:14:“Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; behold, a virgin shall conceive in the womb, and shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Emmanuel.” The Mother of God is shown in the Orans position, that is a position of prayer or supplication. The Platytera is placed in the apse of Orthodox churches as an intermediary, supplicating God on our behalf.
http://holy-icons.com/category/ourlady/
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416733 Jan 19, 2013
Here is a picture of how Catholic children are taught about Mary.

http://onlinecatholicstore.com/our-lady-of-fa...

Here are some of the actual words behind that picture, uttered by Mary in 1917, during World War 1 foretelling World War 2:

#1.... Where bad people go -- "Plunged in this fire were demons and souls in human form, like transparent burning embers, all blackened or burnished bronze, floating about in the conflagration, now raised into the air by the flames..."

#2... "To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."

Would Jesus really sent this Mary......

http://onlinecatholicstore.com/our-lady-of-fa...

.. to give that message to the world?

What kind of sicko would put those words in Mary's mouth and why?

The RCC, War, and Politics

BUSTED
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416734 Jan 19, 2013
Prove that Fatima is not an RCC "infallible" (not "official") teaching.

Please provide a list of the RCC's amazing "unchangeable infallible teachings" to show us that Fatima is not on there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 42 min SeekingTruth 9,177
News Armenian Genocide: Turkey To Convert Hagia Sofi... 3 hr Chuck 4
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... 20 hr Erkek Turk 19
News Turkish Leaders Invoke Crusades, Inquisition in... Sat Chuck 22
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Sat dollarsbill 84,037
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Apr 16 ELIAS IBARRA 51
News Pope calls Armenian slaughter '1st genocide of ... Apr 15 SpaceBlues 3
More from around the web