Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
401,481 - 401,500 of 532,640 Comments Last updated 12 min ago
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

God doesn't need intercession.......we do!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Like so many other times, what the disciples thought was wrong, and Jesus made a teaching on faith out of their misconceptions. You are reading incorrectly. It is what they thought, and not what actually was real.
Jesus was not dead, or a spectre when he walked on the water. Neither was Peter when he got out of the boat, and Jesus pulled him up.
There you go again, making a conclusion on an event that was:

a. recorded many years after the supposed occurrance
b. exclaiming it was real, even when you weren't there to verify
+ "believing other men"

What evidence do you have to justify and correlate these occurrances actually occurred?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Like so many other times, what the disciples thought was wrong, and Jesus made a teaching on faith out of their misconceptions. You are reading incorrectly. It is what they thought, and not what actually was real.
Jesus was not dead, or a spectre when he walked on the water. Neither was Peter when he got out of the boat, and Jesus pulled him up.
BTW - I was only using the link you provided as evidence.

As you can see, your evidence is lacking correlation and justification.

But what do you care, you beleive what men tell you to believe.

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Man manipulates the Creation, he does not Create.
Umpire overules your call. Ball 1
No - men created the Bible.

1st Base Ump verified it.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad was writing in support of Freemind's contention that Jesus loves the protestant founded and operated USA better than the poor Catholic countries where abortion is illegal, they don't have chronic obesity problems, lots of material wealth, plastic surgeons and lawyers on retainer, reality TV shows, etc...
But there's that double-standard again.
I was responding to your post to him.

You claim to know "God".

I disagree.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
God doesn't need intercession.......we do!
Who then will condemn us? No one--for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God's right hand, interceding for us.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Why lie and claim Mary said this?
"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."
Mary? World War 2?
All miraculously announced after the fact! Why?
The RCC uses Mary like a pimp. The pimp dresses her up and then uses her in an immoral way for his gain.
lol. day 400... free posted the s a m e thing again!
yawn.

What do you care what three little lies said Mary said?
In fact, why do you even care about anything Catholic?

Bottom line: you don't have the mental capacity to understand anything about Marian doctrine.

Mary is a powerful intercessor. But she only can assist us if we choose via our free will, to ask her.
God respects our free will. Mary or any other Saint has to respect our free will as well.
We caused ww2 .. plain and simple. Do not blame anyone else because your bigotry has clouded any hope of normalcy for the mind that's free. lol
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
These statements from Our Lady of Lourdes? Showing the children what hell looked like... anyway my complaint here is the last few sentences. This is the Blessed Mother you are speaking of. Not a good description from you about Jesus' mother. How would you like it if someone spoke of your mother this way. I hope you ask for forgiveness.
That's nothing... Free called the Blessed Mother a narcisisst slut last yr. Then erased it. Then lied about saying it. Then re worded it.
No Protestant came to Marys defense. As long as it was trashing the Church, they were cool with it.

Some people are so stupid... they don't realize they are stupid.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
"I agree demons want nothing to do with Jesus they flee at the mention of His name."
Odd you say this, because when I mention what Jesus said, many of you run away from what he said.
Are you and others, demons?
<quoted text>
BTW LTM - you didn't answer my question, but only diverted from it, and pushed that diversion back to me.
Well are you? You have run away from the words of Jesus that I've presented?
NASL, I don't answer you question, your questions are not clear.
In other words I don't know what you are talking about.
I don't think you do either, unless you are trying to tell me man is their own god.
Which I don't believe.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

<quoted text>
I was responding to your post to him.
You claim to know "God".
I disagree.
Thanks for your opinion.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nothing... Free called the Blessed Mother a narcisisst slut last yr. Then erased it. Then lied about saying it. Then re worded it.
No Protestant came to Marys defense. As long as it was trashing the Church, they were cool with it.
Clay that is not true, I did come to Mary's defence.
Mary isn't catholic and neither is Jesus , they are Jewish.
That is why Jesus is called the King of the Jews.
All who's adopted into God's Family,(BORN AGAIN) are Grafted into the true vine. WHICH MAKES US WHAT????
lOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR ANSWER.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
clay, no post from Topix can be erased except by a moderator and I have yet to see one on this forum.

But certainly freemi cant erase it by himself.

"Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator".

so if a lot of people complained about it, a moderator might have removed it.and as far as him saying it, I wouldnt doubt it one bit, he will say anything to stir up trouble.and if they felt strongly enbough to remove teh post, they would have removed him aalso.imo

if I were you, I would consider the source and move on. most of us know what kind of creeps that these three are(mike and jethro). they are not protestant nor catholic so they have no dog in this discussion
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>(established by Jesus HIMSELF and the historical and biblical PROVEN TRUTH OF Our Lord Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church(the Bride of Christ) JETHRO:you say this all the time but you never show where it is written that jesus says that his church is the catholic church,which is utterly rediculous since he is jewish,and the book of mathew which you constantly rely on does not mention the word catholic,and to quote jesus directly he clearly states quote "MY CHURCH" unquote,now tell me how you conclude from that he is talking about the catholic church?? and the fact apostpolic succession does not exist? it's time to either show this authentic proof you allways talk about or just admit the fact "the true fact" that you nor anyone else can prove the catholic church is as you said the bride of christ. there is not one scrap of paper that says any name to his church except from a man named ignatius.
It is ALL recorded, authenticated and verified over and over again in TRUE Apostolic Church History, handed down nearly 2000 years ago from the documented writings of the Early Church Fathers, the biographical Lives of the Saints and the Apologistic Historian authors (both Catholic and Protestant.........(Read it Jethro8!!!!.... You might learn something!!!!...... The problem with you Jethro8 is that your "bogus heretical history writers" are (permanently) stuck on as much "anti-catholic hate & hostility" as you are and will "dig up" as many "myths and history legends" ---they can "make up" and will "SAY AND WRITE ANYTHING" in order to distort and twist the truth of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY.---- "BLOWING (contaminated & perverted history) SMOKE" is about the only thing that you Protestants, atheists and agnostics can rely upon , in order to keep up their vindictive hearts, minds and souls (heated up) in attacking the REAL TRUTH of the Catholic Church.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

----------
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary
11:11-21 The gospel is the greatest riches of every place where it is. As therefore the righteous rejection of the unbelieving Jews, was the occasion of so large a multitude of the Gentiles being reconciled to God, and at peace with him; the future receiving of the Jews into the church would be such a change, as would resemble a general resurrection of the dead in sin to a life of righteousness. Abraham was as the root of the church. The Jews continued branches of this tree till, as a nation, they rejected the Messiah; after that, their relation to Abraham and to God was, as it were, cut off. The Gentiles were grafted into this tree in their room; being admitted into the church of God. Multitudes were made heirs of Abraham's faith, holiness and blessedness. It is the natural state of every one of us, to be wild by nature. Conversion is as the grafting in of wild branches into the good olive. The wild olive was often ingrafted into the fruitful one when it began to decay, and this not only brought forth fruit, but caused the decaying olive to revive and flourish. The Gentiles, of free grace, had been grafted in to share advantages. They ought therefore to beware of self-confidence, and every kind of pride or ambition; lest, having only a dead faith, and an empty profession, they should turn from God, and forfeit their privileges. If we stand at all, it is by faith; we are guilty and helpless in ourselves, and are to be humble, watchful, afraid of self-deception, or of being overcome by temptation. Not only are we at first justified by faith, but kept to the end in that justified state by faith only; yet, by a faith which is not alone, but which worketh by love to God and man.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh goodie. You have lots of company. Why not leave us alone?
It is (impossible) for non-catholics to leave Catholics alone. It is a "necessity for themj to keep up their distortion, lies and deceit regarding the Catholic faith --since there is "NOTHING" "bible only" that can hold up or stand on its own without attacking the TRUTH of the historical and biblical TRUTH of the Catholic Church. Protestants are "forever" attempting to "prove or disprove" something--ANYTHING that is Protestant or Catholic. The problem is they cannot do either one. They are "forever" --------BLOWING "protestant polluted" SMOKE" in their own "frustration and desperation"!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

"I agree demons want nothing to do with Jesus they flee at the mention of His name."
Odd you say this, because when I mention what Jesus said, many of you run away from what he said.
Are you and others, demons?
<quoted text>
BTW LTM - you didn't answer my question, but only diverted from it, and pushed that diversion back to me.
Well are you? You have run away from the words of Jesus that I've presented?
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL, I don't answer you question, your questions are not clear..
Of course you don't.

I betcha, you don't even do any of research of my questions either.

Maybe you should just sit back and let the adults discuss the issues then, okay?
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words I don't know what you are talking about..
Of course you don't becuase you are lazy to do the research of the facts, and would rather just play Bible follower with your local pastor.

Maybe you should be in the "Why should Jesus Love Me?" forum. It seems there are many others just like you - those who don't believe what Jesus stated, but are actually one of those running away from those who are telling you what Jesus said.
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you do either, unless you are trying to tell me man is their own god.
Which I don't believe.
Oh LTM, you are far from accurate, again.

BTW - where did you get that I stated "unless you are trying to tell me man is their own god."
.....I haven't.

Your just like Anthony, Robert and others, with putting words into my mouth that weren't ever said, because you can't face the truth of what I have presented.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your opinion.
You are welcome for my fact.
Ole Fred

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

marge wrote:
Once a true believer dies they are forever with God, period.
And just how do you know this...
Ole Fred

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

You can run from the truth but can not hide.

The creator The Person that made you all made this beautiful world that man has destroyed through sin.
His name Is Yahweh Man Made him A god

Now what is so hard to understand this And I know very well the scripture say's You will cause them to for get my name And the world has.

The dead sea scrolls does not read god it reads YHWH....
And the reason I guess no one Understands this is you have never reverenced Yahweh only A man made God And Also Only A few are called and chosen to even Understand his name. Much less his Laws Of love and peace.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

<quoted text>
There you go again, making a conclusion on an event that was:
a. recorded many years after the supposed occurrance
b. exclaiming it was real, even when you weren't there to verify
+ "believing other men"
What evidence do you have to justify and correlate these occurrances actually occurred?
NASL

citation please, that citation of the Bible is not to be used.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 14 min Crazy 8,128
More 23 hr True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Thu Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Thu ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••