Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
401,461 - 401,480 of 537,111 Comments Last updated 17 min ago

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

"I agree demons want nothing to do with Jesus they flee at the mention of His name."
Odd you say this, because when I mention what Jesus said, many of you run away from what he said.
Are you and others, demons?
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL--- You mocker nothing more.
BTW LTM - you didn't answer my question, but only diverted from it, and pushed that diversion back to me.

Well are you? You have run away from the words of Jesus that I've presented?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>AMEN,and the Lord confirms His Word,especially as we see changes in our own spirit,mind and lives.Have a great day,have to run!Time to get ready for work,and so on.Most of the time I work evenings.I do not share what I do,so please don't ask. And I will not expect that information from you either. Praise the Lord! D a n.
Dan

Do have a blessed day.

The changes are of course growth, and trimming to be like Jesus.

The fruit and gifts of the Holy Spirit make the labor joyful.

Our Father is pleased, in doing His Good Will.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
How much clearer can they make it? Should we wear sandwich signs?
They have a voluminous Catehchism that anyone on Earth can read online in their own language.
Not a single syllable in there about according divine worship to anyone but God.
Perhaps those who think otherwise and choose to opine same should do their own research, yes?
....yes I agree...like Robert F, LTM, preston, and even FoL.

All of whom have said they "know" what "God" does and doesn't do.

In the least, you have admitted that you can't attain that knowledge, which is honesty.

Thanks you for that portion.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Sorry I have no photos for you. They appear bright in the mind, but in the environment are so dark, no light reflects off of them.
Kind of like black holes in space. Thats scientific tradition.(smile).
Of course you don't.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
God left me His calling card. It describes what His Business is, and His Qualifications. Its called the Bible. If you find one, read it.
Bullshite.

Man created the Bible.

Strike 1.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
I can't make you time travel back to Jesus' time, and have you talk to him or anyone else about what the Jewish people symbolically thought of the Sea of Galilee(Gennesaret).
New Age writes:
Robert - BTW - this is also from your link about the "abyss" - in the NOTES sectiona t the bottom.
"2. The disciples thought Jesus was a ghost ( Mark 6:49), consistent with the view that the sea harbored demonic forces.
Please notice even this individual is stating that Jesus was already in Spirit form, when this episode occurred.
- Either establishing he was already dead, and this was a vision someone had, or a made up story altogether.
Mark 6:49:
"49 But seeing him walking on the sea they thought that it was a specter, and cried out; "
http://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/manuscript.... Query&book=34&chapter= 6&lid=en&side=r&ve rse=49&zoomSlider=0
NASL

Like so many other times, what the disciples thought was wrong, and Jesus made a teaching on faith out of their misconceptions. You are reading incorrectly. It is what they thought, and not what actually was real.

Jesus was not dead, or a spectre when he walked on the water. Neither was Peter when he got out of the boat, and Jesus pulled him up.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>It is probably better if it were made clearer that Catholics pray for the intercession of Mary and the Saints,not t o them.But actions speak louder than words!
Why would the Creator of the Universe need intercession or advice -- from anyone about anything?

Absurd.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

<quoted text>
Of course you don't.
I don't have a camera fast enough to take their picture. They move faster than the speed of light....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Bullshite.
Man created the Bible.
Strike 1.
NASL

Man manipulates the Creation, he does not Create.

Umpire overules your call. Ball 1
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would the Creator of the Universe need intercession or advice -- from anyone about anything?
Absurd.
Yes, you are absurd.

God doesn't require the intercession.

We do.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
FM-
Very disappointing here.
Reduced to a gadfly, resorting to calling the Virgin Mary names to evoke a response?
Don't be so pathetic.
Why lie and claim Mary said this?

"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."

Mary? World War 2?

All miraculously announced after the fact! Why?

The RCC uses Mary like a pimp. The pimp dresses her up and then uses her in an immoral way for his gain.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>No of course not,and the truth be known Anthony,we are going to face a lot more hardship in this nation because of the INFANTICIDE of our unborn.It is just as much a blight and an abomination to all non[-Catholic Christians who love and worship Christ.AND besides Anthony what you see in America today is not a Protestant stronghold,but a diversified hodge-podge of pluralism,not protestantism or Reformer faith.
Our great Awakenings in this country called for the true and living worship of Christ,that kept the morals of our peoples,but now we have atheism,homosexuality and a government that along with world motives,are seeking to delete large populations through abortion.BECAUSE they are fearful that over[-population will destroy the world.
We stand with the RCC against Abortion,and especially against partial birth abortions that our illustrious president again re-enstated from Bush.
I just thought I'd ask because you seem to echo Freemind assetion that Jesus is really impressed with the USA. I mean, if wealth, material possessions and the freedom to slaughter babies in the womb is so much more Jesus's ideal, then yes, He must've blessed this country with protestant leaders who have been at the forefront of it all...
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Only individuals are granted diplomatic immunity.
Not unless invoked by an institutional authority.

Understand Roman Catholic Church 101...

Q... What institutional authority uses diplomatic immunity to keep individuals from testifying in court cases involving sexually abused orphans?

A... Jesus only appointed Church, Perfect teachings on morals.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."
Mary? World War 2?
The RCC uses Mary like a pimp. The pimp dresses her up and then uses her in an immoral way for his gain.
I'd respond if you cited the quote.

Again, running the vitriol to provoke a response. Very middle school of you, FM.

Just provide information and I'll respond.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

<quoted text>
Does it matter?
How do you know "He" does or doesn't?
How is this on-topic?
Pad was writing in support of Freemind's contention that Jesus loves the protestant founded and operated USA better than the poor Catholic countries where abortion is illegal, they don't have chronic obesity problems, lots of material wealth, plastic surgeons and lawyers on retainer, reality TV shows, etc...

But there's that double-standard again.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Not unless invoked by an institutional authority.
Understand Roman Catholic Church 101...
Q... What institutional authority uses diplomatic immunity to keep individuals from testifying in court cases involving sexually abused orphans?
A... Jesus only appointed Church, Perfect teachings on morals.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Citation, please?

And I'm sure that the citation will be pertinent to an individual.

But, go ahead.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are absurd.
God doesn't require the intercession.
We do.
Nice spin.

OK, why would the Creator of the Universe need intercession or advice ABOUT YOU -- from anyone?

Or maybe you are saying it's just a feel-good thing, but otherwise it serves no Heavenly purpose. In this case, we agree.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Fear not.
The prayers are to God. We believe in intercessory prayer.
The following, from the Catholic Catechism, teaches to pray to Mary. No supporting Scripture listed...because there is none. This teaching is opposite of the teaching of Christ. He, per Scripture, taught we are to to pray to the Father in His name.

“Mary is the perfect Orans prayer, a figure of the Church. When we pray to her, we are adhering with her to the plan of the Father”(Catechism 2679)

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Ezekiel

The Borders and Divisions of the Land

¶ Thus saith the Lord GOD; This shall be the border, whereby ye shall inherit the land according to the twelve tribes of Israel: Joseph shall have two portions.

And ye shall inherit it, one as well as another: concerning the which I lifted up mine hand to give it unto your fathers: and this land shall fall unto you for inheritance.

¶ And this shall be the border of the land toward the north side, from the great sea, the way of Hethlon, as men go to Zedad;

Hamath, Ber'othah, Sibra'im, which is between the border of Damascus and the border of Hamath: Ha'zar–hat'ticon, which is by the coast of Hau'ran.

And the border from the sea shall be Ha'zar–e'nan, the border of Damascus, and the north northward, and the border of Hamath. And this is the north side.

¶ And the east side ye shall measure from Hau'ran, and from Damascus, and from Gil'e-ad, and from the land of Israel by Jordan, from the border unto the east sea. And this is the east side.

¶ And the south side southward, from Tamar even to the waters of strife in Kadesh, the river to the great sea. And this is the south side southward.

¶ The west side also shall be the great sea from the border, till a man come over against Hamath. This is the west side.

¶ So shall ye divide this land unto you according to the tribes of Israel.

And it shall come to pass, that ye shall divide it by lot for an inheritance unto you, and to the strangers that sojourn among you, which shall beget children among you: and they shall be unto you as born in the country among the children of Israel; they shall have inheritance with you among the tribes of Israel.

And it shall come to pass, that in what tribe the stranger sojourneth, there shall ye give him his inheritance, saith the Lord GOD.
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary? World War 2?
These statements from Our Lady of Lourdes? Showing the children what hell looked like... anyway my complaint here is the last few sentences. This is the Blessed Mother you are speaking of. Not a good description from you about Jesus' mother. How would you like it if someone spoke of your mother this way. I hope you ask for forgiveness.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••