Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603748 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#416677 Jan 18, 2013
----------
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary
11:11-21 The gospel is the greatest riches of every place where it is. As therefore the righteous rejection of the unbelieving Jews, was the occasion of so large a multitude of the Gentiles being reconciled to God, and at peace with him; the future receiving of the Jews into the church would be such a change, as would resemble a general resurrection of the dead in sin to a life of righteousness. Abraham was as the root of the church. The Jews continued branches of this tree till, as a nation, they rejected the Messiah; after that, their relation to Abraham and to God was, as it were, cut off. The Gentiles were grafted into this tree in their room; being admitted into the church of God. Multitudes were made heirs of Abraham's faith, holiness and blessedness. It is the natural state of every one of us, to be wild by nature. Conversion is as the grafting in of wild branches into the good olive. The wild olive was often ingrafted into the fruitful one when it began to decay, and this not only brought forth fruit, but caused the decaying olive to revive and flourish. The Gentiles, of free grace, had been grafted in to share advantages. They ought therefore to beware of self-confidence, and every kind of pride or ambition; lest, having only a dead faith, and an empty profession, they should turn from God, and forfeit their privileges. If we stand at all, it is by faith; we are guilty and helpless in ourselves, and are to be humble, watchful, afraid of self-deception, or of being overcome by temptation. Not only are we at first justified by faith, but kept to the end in that justified state by faith only; yet, by a faith which is not alone, but which worketh by love to God and man.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#416678 Jan 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh goodie. You have lots of company. Why not leave us alone?
It is (impossible) for non-catholics to leave Catholics alone. It is a "necessity for themj to keep up their distortion, lies and deceit regarding the Catholic faith --since there is "NOTHING" "bible only" that can hold up or stand on its own without attacking the TRUTH of the historical and biblical TRUTH of the Catholic Church. Protestants are "forever" attempting to "prove or disprove" something--ANYTHING that is Protestant or Catholic. The problem is they cannot do either one. They are "forever" --------BLOWING "protestant polluted" SMOKE" in their own "frustration and desperation"!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#416679 Jan 18, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

"I agree demons want nothing to do with Jesus they flee at the mention of His name."
Odd you say this, because when I mention what Jesus said, many of you run away from what he said.
Are you and others, demons?
<quoted text>
BTW LTM - you didn't answer my question, but only diverted from it, and pushed that diversion back to me.
Well are you? You have run away from the words of Jesus that I've presented?
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL, I don't answer you question, your questions are not clear..
Of course you don't.

I betcha, you don't even do any of research of my questions either.

Maybe you should just sit back and let the adults discuss the issues then, okay?
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words I don't know what you are talking about..
Of course you don't becuase you are lazy to do the research of the facts, and would rather just play Bible follower with your local pastor.

Maybe you should be in the "Why should Jesus Love Me?" forum. It seems there are many others just like you - those who don't believe what Jesus stated, but are actually one of those running away from those who are telling you what Jesus said.
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you do either, unless you are trying to tell me man is their own god.
Which I don't believe.
Oh LTM, you are far from accurate, again.

BTW - where did you get that I stated "unless you are trying to tell me man is their own god."
.....I haven't.

Your just like Anthony, Robert and others, with putting words into my mouth that weren't ever said, because you can't face the truth of what I have presented.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#416680 Jan 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your opinion.
You are welcome for my fact.
Ole Fred

Shawnee, OK

#416681 Jan 18, 2013
marge wrote:
Once a true believer dies they are forever with God, period.
And just how do you know this...
Ole Fred

Shawnee, OK

#416682 Jan 18, 2013
You can run from the truth but can not hide.

The creator The Person that made you all made this beautiful world that man has destroyed through sin.
His name Is Yahweh Man Made him A god

Now what is so hard to understand this And I know very well the scripture say's You will cause them to for get my name And the world has.

The dead sea scrolls does not read god it reads YHWH....
And the reason I guess no one Understands this is you have never reverenced Yahweh only A man made God And Also Only A few are called and chosen to even Understand his name. Much less his Laws Of love and peace.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#416683 Jan 18, 2013
<quoted text>
There you go again, making a conclusion on an event that was:
a. recorded many years after the supposed occurrance
b. exclaiming it was real, even when you weren't there to verify
+ "believing other men"
What evidence do you have to justify and correlate these occurrances actually occurred?
NASL

citation please, that citation of the Bible is not to be used.

Location hidden

#416684 Jan 18, 2013
<quoted text>
BTW - I was only using the link you provided as evidence.
As you can see, your evidence is lacking correlation and justification.
But what do you care, you beleive what men tell you to believe.
*sighs*
NASL

A heavy rock thrown in the ocean goes to the bottom.

Location hidden

#416685 Jan 18, 2013
<quoted text>
No - men created the Bible.
1st Base Ump verified it.
NASL

Since you say men created....You make men god.

God is the Creator, not man.

Home Run! Score. Your catcher missed the ball, and the runner on third came in....Game over.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#416686 Jan 18, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>clay, no post from Topix can be erased except by a moderator and I have yet to see one on this forum.
But certainly freemi cant erase it by himself.
"Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator".
so if a lot of people complained about it, a moderator might have removed it.and as far as him saying it, I wouldnt doubt it one bit, he will say anything to stir up trouble.and if they felt strongly enbough to remove teh post, they would have removed him aalso.imo
if I were you, I would consider the source and move on. most of us know what kind of creeps that these three are(mike and jethro). they are not protestant nor catholic so they have no dog in this discussion
I didn't know that about a moderator. I figured it would be easy to remove a post...especially one with a curse word in it.
Regardless, its gone. And I stand by what he said about Mary AND how he worded it. Honestly, Preston, I was so saddened when I read it, that one does not forget it. That's why I have no problem 'risking' bearing false witness.
Since that remark, I don't really care if I offend him or not. I have zero respect for such a person.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#416687 Jan 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know that about a moderator. I figured it would be easy to remove a post...especially one with a curse word in it.
Regardless, its gone. And I stand by what he said about Mary AND how he worded it. Honestly, Preston, I was so saddened when I read it, that one does not forget it. That's why I have no problem 'risking' bearing false witness.
Since that remark, I don't really care if I offend him or not. I have zero respect for such a person.
those with true faith
are never worry about removing other posters or ban poster for their vicious langauge

if your faith is for sure builded on the hard rock, for sure nobody is able to remove this rock and destroy your rcc temple?

but you are not heart believer,you are unsecure and not able already to prevent failure of your RCC as moral dung

and your unsecurity try to groudge and direct your hate against oposers of your dead beliefs leading you nowhere

you delusions are not able to restore already lost reality of TRUE HEAVENLY CHURCH RESIDING IN HEAVEN 2 THESS 2;1
NOT ON THIS EARTH,OR VATICAN CITY OF NONSENSE PAST 2000 YEARS.

never forget 0 respect is begining of alphabet leading to the nr 1 of respect
preston

Waverly, OH

#416688 Jan 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with you. our diffences with how we look at mary doesnt come into play, regardless of any differences, she is the MOTHER of our Savior, and deserves our admiration and respect.

I dont worry myself as to how I talk to any of those three, I have nothing but contempt and i dont mind showing it.

as far as jethro, I know that he constantly attacks HOJO and your church but that isnt what I hold against him.

He has blasphemed the Word of God to many times for me to ever have any respect for him and so I dont.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#416689 Jan 18, 2013

The Catholic 'virgin mary' is a demon not the biblical & historical Mary mother of Jesus.

Isis Simiramis

www.babylonmysteryreligion.com/motherandchild...
Clay

Chicago, IL

#416690 Jan 18, 2013
socci wrote:
The Catholic 'virgin mary' is a demon not the biblical & historical Mary mother of Jesus.
Isis Simiramis
Wow. Demon?
Do you know that when Mary appeared to Juan Diego at Guadalupe, Mexico and left her image on his cloak, she converted millions of indigenous Mexicans to Jesus Christ, seemingly over night?
Quite a blunder for a demon. I thought their goal was to get people AWAY from Christ.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#416691 Jan 18, 2013
socci wrote:
Isis Simiramis
I read your link and it was painfully sad. Every time I run into such slander it strengthens my faith and I know I indeed belong to the true Church.
You should know that whoever is responsible for that link is likely going to hell for deceiving people like you.
Can any of you guys function at all without bearing false witness?? That's a red flag right there soc. If your religion needs to lie to exist, then get out of it!!!
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#416692 Jan 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
Wow. Demon?
Do you know that when Mary appeared to Juan Diego at Guadalupe, Mexico and left her image on his cloak, she converted millions of indigenous Mexicans to Jesus Christ, seemingly over night?
Quite a blunder for a demon. I thought their goal was to get people AWAY from Christ.

There's many problems with what you say & believe about this. The Mexicans were converted to believe in the Pope, not Jesus. It was not Mary since she is dead and in the grave with all others who have ever lived.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#416693 Jan 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
I read your link and it was painfully sad. Every time I run into such slander it strengthens my faith and I know I indeed belong to the true Church.
You should know that whoever is responsible for that link is likely going to hell for deceiving people like you.
Can any of you guys function at all without bearing false witness?? That's a red flag right there soc. If your religion needs to lie to exist, then get out of it!!!

Well somebody is lying, this is true. The biblical trinity or Godhead does not include Mary thus it is the Roman Church that propagates lies.

This may be a better link..

http://toolong.com

Clay

Chicago, IL

#416694 Jan 18, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
There's many problems with what you say & believe about this. The Mexicans were converted to believe in the Pope, not Jesus. It was not Mary since she is dead and in the grave with all others who have ever lived.
Mexicans were not converted to believe in the Pope instead of Jesus.
What kinda dumb statement is that?
Clay

Chicago, IL

#416695 Jan 18, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Well somebody is lying, this is true. The biblical trinity or Godhead does not include Mary thus it is the Roman Church that propagates lies.
This may be a better link..
http://toolong.com
The Biblical Trinity wouldn't include Mary because she is not God. The Roman Catholic Church doesn't teach such a thing about Mary.
You guys teach that the RCC teaches it, but that doesn't mean they do!
We treat Mary the same way Our Lord Jesus Christ treated her. We go to her just the teenage Jesus did when He needed assistance.

Poplar Bluff, MO

#416696 Jan 18, 2013
socci wrote:
Isis Simiramis
yep another way satan decieves. Instead of worshiping the Father/Yahweh and the Son/Christ they focus on the mother and son.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 45 min Mr_SKY 84,435
News Archbishop assails Trump over birthright citize... 1 hr Catholic24 6
News Pope eases church rule on abortion forgiveness 1 hr Catholic24 41
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Mr Sir 9,686
News Pope: Priests in Holy Year can absolve - sin of... Wed Catholic24 8
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Aug 30 Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
More from around the web