Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,073)

Showing posts 401,441 - 401,460 of511,924
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you consider murder a greater or lesser evil than abuse?
Really?!? Now you only want to worry about certain sins? You're worried about killing unborn babies, but don't care about abused children?
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Once a true believer dies they are forever with God, period.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:

"absent from the body present with the Lord"

This simply means following the resurrection their next waking moment will be with a glorified new body. There are no disembodied spirits floating on clouds. All who have ever lived are today in the grave awaiting Jesus' call to resurrection.

Luther understood this Bible truth

http://biblelight.net/luther-tyndale.htm

There is no immortality before then. Only Jesus has immortality. Mary is in the grave. The Catholic 'virgin mary' is some demon.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to let you know cowboy. I think you were right all along about osas.
But it was not easy to come to the conclusion. It did take me this long.
My apologies to you.
Excuse me? Hello?

well that's sad you left Him but He never left you little D, like I asked my morman friend, you no longer believe on Jesus that He paid your sin debt?

little dummy do as big dummy.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me? Hello?
well that's sad you left Him but He never left you little D, like I asked my morman friend, you no longer believe on Jesus that He paid your sin debt?
little dummy do as big dummy.
Love you sis...
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?!? Now you only want to worry about certain sins? You're worried about killing unborn babies, but don't care about abused children?
Your assumption and attempt at character assassination is completely without merit.

Will some people never be able to forgive? I have no doubt of that. Will anything short of destruction of the church be enough for some? I have no doubt. Who will be the next to blame when the problem doesnt go away? Will some get angry if prayers are asked for the abusers so that they may be healed of their sickness. Yes Will some say prayer is a waste of time and nonsense. Yes 100% approval ratings about whatever anyone does is very rare especially when you have been around for 2000 years.

Actually calls for prayer for victims, private meetings with victims, counseling, the urging of victims to come foreward, prayers, fasting and special vigils along with submissions of policies by Bishops and reports of procedures that are in place and sharing of new ideas of prevention are commonplace.

abuse victim Marie Collins spoke at a special gathering of Bishops who came together to pray and she said:

Lord, as one acquainted with great sorrows,
you know how difficult it is for us to forgive
those who have done us evil and
only your love can open ourselves to this gift:
we ask you for the strength to unite us to
the forgiveness that, from the cross, you made descend
upon sinful humanity as a healing balm,
so that also thy Church may be healed by our forgiveness.
“Forgive them.”

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/03/26/news/ca...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

possessor is not Creator

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>NO! I am serious now, you stick your nose in on a private conversation between myself, karen and LTM about how we eat bean soup and GIF came on and said that is how he does it too.
it is and was none of your business. so shove it. I dont like you and never will. 2 me, you are a heathen
I'm a heathen because i post the truth about the church that nobody likes to hear? they made a statement,i am looking for proof of that statement and there is none,it is all man made frabrication,there is nothing written in scriptures that supports their "lie",people who are long time members are hurt by the truth that they so heartely believed in,they refuse to except the fact the church is not what it claims to be,the more you dig into it's history the uglier it gets,I can understand why they do things behind closed doors because most of what they do is would be considered illegal in most countries.And now they have a criminal (and he is no denying it)for a pope who has no idea how to be one,but then again it doesn't matter,there is a council that makes all the deccissions behind "CLOSED" doors,the world knows why he is pope and so do i,to keep him quiet,he knows exactly what was going on and who is/was doing it,and as he said,and i quote "i did it for the good of the church,i didn't think it could handle another scandal"unquote,if they were not guilty of anything why would a pope write a letter of apology to the world?? like that really helps,they lie and hide assets to keep from paying victims of abuse,they launder money for a murderous rackettering organization,and commit bank fraud,and who knows what else they have done that we don't know about yet.it is sad what has happened,a lot of people believed in the church,and they (no pun intended)got screwed,i feel sorry for catholic people,at least those who are smart enough to see the truth and get out of what i would have to call "satans church" more than gods/jesus' church just by it's despicable history,they killed for no good reason except to get people to follow it teachings and wipe out other religions and dominate the religious world,and make a very nice profit along the way.and i blame governments for letting them get away with things that the average person or company could never do.the churches reign is coming to an end slowly but suredly people are leaving in disgust of the abuse and islam has targeted the church for critisizing their religion,the bombing of churches has allready started and i doubt it will end until they get to vatican city,muslims take their religion very very seriously,the church once again made a dumb a$$ mistake that they and maybe innocent people are going to pay for.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Truth wrote:
correction: far better life then this one that I "NOW" live in....
sorry
don't be sorry,everyone is afraid of the dark.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

i asked you
you not tell me
3000 years ago before Christ altar 4 horns
is that Christ altar
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
then
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

2000 Christ cross
3000 altar which one

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>NO! I am serious now, you stick your nose in on a private conversation between myself, karen and LTM about how we eat bean soup and GIF came on and said that is how he does it too.
it is and was none of your business. so shove it. I dont like you and never will. 2 me, you are a heathen
Yes i do speak up if i see something posted that i really disagree with,isn't that what a forum like this is all about?? a statement was made,catholics (most on here) seem to be afraid to speak out about the church and it's statement,i have asked dozens of questions and i get no replies because people are afraid to reply,they are raised in a church that uses fear as a way of keeping people from speaking up,i expect you to deny that or a catholic diehard will,and i don't understand how people knowing full well what they have done can remain with a church that committed such a vile act?? especially families,the only reason is they are catholic in name only, but do not attend church services except on certain holidays,judging by the empty parking lots i see,that is what is happening,it's a shame, i honestly feel sorry for catholic people who seriously believed in what is suppose to be a holy institution,but it's own history tells you other wise,it is true history it is corrobborated by multiple sources including the church itself, that they are guilty of crimes the average "joe" or buisness would go to jail/be closed down for,IT"S TIME FOR A CHANGE,no more holy diplomatic immunity,it's time people along with governments take a very close serious look into the church and it's actions,because they are deplorable,the true church of a god would no way behave in such a manner as the catholic church has,this fallibility talk is nonsense it's just an excuse the church uses to explain away the transgreations of it's priests to the popes.it is bull cookies,A true honest religious person who believes deeply in the one god theory would not sit back and allow the church to do what it has done in the past and anything that will be done in the future before it is disolved from the religious world.it will happen,not in our life time but it will eventually happen. the more people wake up to the truth the more they will leave or just stop going to church and just remain catholic in name only(which most are),ypou are not born catholic you are taught to be one,or be what ever your ancestors were,religions count on that,that is undeniable.AS i stated many times if a god existed it would be something you would know in your heart from the begining of your life,it would not have to be taught to you,it would be a feeling close to what your senses are like,and that does not happen,that is one of many reasons i have doubts about the one god theory....the world would be a better place if people including all religious groups actually practiced what they preach,you don't even have to be religious just treat people in the same manner you wished to be treated. is their a second life out there? no one knows the absolute truth,the only way that could happen is if the "god" appeared before the world for everyone to see.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a heathen because i post the truth about the church that nobody likes to hear? they made a statement,i am looking for proof of that statement and there is none,it is all man made frabrication,there is nothing written in scriptures that supports their "lie",people who are long time members are hurt by the truth that they so heartely believed in,they refuse to except the fact the church is not what it claims to be,the more you dig into it's history the uglier it gets,I can understand why they do things behind closed doors because most of what they do is would be considered illegal in most countries.And now they have a criminal (and he is no denying it)for a pope who has no idea how to be one,but then again it doesn't matter,there is a council that makes all the deccissions behind "CLOSED" doors,the world knows why he is pope and so do i,to keep him quiet,he knows exactly what was going on and who is/was doing it,and as he said,and i quote "i did it for the good of the church,i didn't think it could handle another scandal"unquote,if they were not guilty of anything why would a pope write a letter of apology to the world?? like that really helps,they lie and hide assets to keep from paying victims of abuse,they launder money for a murderous rackettering organization,and commit bank fraud,and who knows what else they have done that we don't know about yet.it is sad what has happened,a lot of people believed in the church,and they (no pun intended)got screwed,i feel sorry for catholic people,at least those who are smart enough to see the truth and get out of what i would have to call "satans church" more than gods/jesus' church just by it's despicable history,they killed for no good reason except to get people to follow it teachings and wipe out other religions and dominate the religious world,and make a very nice profit along the way.and i blame governments for letting them get away with things that the average person or company could never do.the churches reign is coming to an end slowly but suredly people are leaving in disgust of the abuse and islam has targeted the church for critisizing their religion,the bombing of churches has allready started and i doubt it will end until they get to vatican city,muslims take their religion very very seriously,the church once again made a dumb a$$ mistake that they and maybe innocent people are going to pay for.
jethro8, let me start off with I hope you're feeling comfortable.

You are no heathen. Personally, I like preston, but if he doesn't like you it does NOT matter. You ask practical questions, as do I, and people brainwashed with prior beliefs, even when they make no sense, fall apart, get angry, and take it out on the "questioner" because they feel threatened and can't debate it. You've done nothing wrong. If you ask a question, or present a scenario and they can't come up with a plausible explanation, that's THEIR problem. If they really delve into certain Catholic beliefs, they will realize a lot of "dogma" simply is not true. However, if they admit that to themselves, their house of cards would tumble and they'd know that many things they'd believed since childhood are often no more than pious legends. They cannot face truth. You and I can, and so can many others here, even if we don't like it. This pope is a total idiot and was voted in for dishonest reasons, one of them being they knew the old fool wouldn't change anything and they also wanted the stories of the sex scandals minimized. So, look at their leadership - dishonesty and sneakiness from the top down. Talk to you soon.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Couple things Jethro.
first: I don't believe your last part of the story about the CC wanting to charge people to use their old rectory as a food shelf. You guys really want to believe it, but I'm guessing somebody has got some info wrong.
Second: The Roman Catholic Church compiled the New Testament Bible in the 4th century, using the writings they determined to be inspired to them. If you have evidence to the contrary, id like to see it.
Third: How come God said "Do not make unto thee any graven images"... Then later, commanded the Israelites to make graven images of Angels?
could it be that the first one had to do with worshiping false gods, and had nothing to do with a general rule on images themselves?
the last part i stated about the church renting out it's own building is true,to find out call the town hall of weymouth,mass. ask if they pay the church rent for the building (if they are still using it,i'm not sure)on the grounds of the immaculate conception church on broad st. in weymouth.can't say if they will tell you,but if you want the truth go to the source.as far as the commandments go they were given to moses,and it clearly states in the book of exodus that is where they appear first,you would think they would be in the very first book,but then again we don't know exactly what order things were written in,to much manhandling went on, esspecially by emporer constantine and his group of scholars,books were burned,why??,who gave them the right to do so? it is not written anywhere that man is to read every book and decide forhimself what is true and what is not,so since the commandments appear in more than one book, which do you choose? the first or second time they appear?then altered by a church created by man? if you had to choose, the first time they appear would be the true commandments to follow,and have they been altered?? we'll never know the truth unless god appears and tells us,the catholic church altered the commandments to profit from them,which they do very well at,it can not be denied they franchised/copywrited christianity along with the name catholic so no one could use the name to profit from except the church,i believe it started with pieces of wood with feathers and other trinkets added and claimed the wood was from the cross which jesus was cruxified on,and people fell for it,because they really want to believe because we are all afraid to die,Tell me what book isit written that god said to create carved images of angels??

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times have you and other catholics on here posted that you DON'T PRAY TO MARY you pray WITH MARY?
I see a lot of praying TO Mary here.
http://www.catholic.org/prayers/prayer.php...
BUSTED!
they'll deny it but you can also find prayers to mary in their first communion hand book which i have a copy of......did you see the post where i have been declared the forum heathen? speak the truth and you shall be punished,lie and a great reward awaits you! must be another catholic tradition,there is so many to keep track of.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
FREE MIND.... I NEVER SAID that I approve of ANY sin--- IN or OUT of the Church...... You have become an "expert" at "making things up and distorting the truth" which is typical of most bible only Protestants..... You, like other, anti-Catholic (condemning and judgemental bible only "buffoons" will "twist, distort, misrepresent, exaggerate and SAY or DO ANTHING" (in order to keep your vengeance, deception, hate and hostility --"heated up" against the TRUTH of the TRUE FACTS, regarding Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church......Spreading your Protestant (anti-catholic)(propaganda)ven om is about all that your "bible only (half-truth, half-heresy) Christian beliefs" are based upon.....You and others have proven, over and over and over again...that.NONE OF YOU Protestants on this forum, can exist--without attacking (OUR CATHOLIC FAITH, OUR CATHOLIC CHURCH (established by Jesus HIMSELF and the historical and biblical PROVEN TRUTH OF Our Lord Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church(the Bride of Christ)
(established by Jesus HIMSELF and the historical and biblical PROVEN TRUTH OF Our Lord Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church(the Bride of Christ) JETHRO:you say this all the time but you never show where it is written that jesus says that his church is the catholic church,which is utterly rediculous since he is jewish,and the book of mathew which you constantly rely on does not mention the word catholic,and to quote jesus directly he clearly states quote "MY CHURCH" unquote,now tell me how you conclude from that he is talking about the catholic church?? and the fact apostpolic succession does not exist? it's time to either show this authentic proof you allways talk about or just admit the fact "the true fact" that you nor anyone else can prove the catholic church is as you said the bride of christ. there is not one scrap of paper that says any name to his church except from a man named ignatius.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to let you know cowboy. I think you were right all along about osas.
But it was not easy to come to the conclusion. It did take me this long.
My apologies to you.
Praise the Lord that you have found out about the false teachings of OSAS.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always agreed with this but still believe most of the time we are 'asleep in Jesus' or 'resting', till the GLORIOUS DAY OF THE LORD!
1 Thessalonians 5:10

10 He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you consider murder a greater or lesser evil than abuse?
abuse is the more evil of the two,murder,you are killed no pain no suffering because all senses stop.abuse is a life time of pain and suffering for many who can not get beyond it through therapy,they turn to drug and alcohol abuse in many cases,my nephew did and we put a stop to it before it got to far out of control,it took about 20 yrs before he could really put it to rest, met a nice girl who seems to of helped him out a lot and they were married not to long ago.what the church allowed was pure evil,and they want to claim to be gods true church.extremely doubtful.it can not be proven in any way shape or form no matter how you try to interperate the scriptures.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

marge wrote:
Romans 14:9

9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of [both] the ~~~~~dead and the living.~~~~~

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 401,441 - 401,460 of511,924
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••