Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
401,421 - 401,440 of 533,345 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Your prophecy is heresy whether you think it is or not.
No, "a return to faith in God" is not the answer.
Knowing yourself, using honesty, will bring one closer to "God" than anything else.
Why don't you believe Jesus?
NASL

Why don't you believe in Jesus?

I abide by faith, in love, because God first loved me, and sent Jesus to be my Saviour. Now since God has shown me his Love first,
I hear his Voice, because I know Him.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Those sites are bogus.
Hey, did you hear? Evangelical ecclesial gathering groups are charging $25k per altar call! And they're not giving anyone a break either. If someone can't afford it, tough noogies. They should be ashamed (if they had any shame)!
Sounds like a Catholic FABRICATION to me.Besides Regina,there is no way that any person visiting a church would give one penny to that church to pay for their time at the altar. Collections are made usually right after the singing,and most of the time,BEFORE the main sermon.In most churches the altars are open to those who want to pray for whatever reason.

People go forward for prayer and to have united prayer for healing,of which guess what? We get sick,have many maladies and suffer the same things the rest of the planet suffers.

No one pays money for prayers of healing,nor do they pay when they go forward to receive the King of Kings. OFTEN,and in the majority of evangelical churches,hands are raised as to making a decision to accept Christ after a SERMON. The Pastor does not even invite them to the altar at that point,but says if they want to come forward and pray,fine,but to charge them money,LIE<LIE<LIE, and a typical non[-evangelical move to distort the truth,like so many things you claim we distort about RCism.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

<quoted text>
Not true again.
I've lost faith in men trying to define "God".
You haven't. In other words, you prefer to listen to fallible men, instead of "that little voice inside you".
Since I've chosen to listen to that voice and utilize what Jesus tried to teach, that puts me right where everyone should be - honest with myself and others, which puts fear outside my world.
Why are you continuing to make things up about me that are untrue?
If you think I;m shaking up your faith, you have a lot to learn about what Jesus actually taught and what your heirarchy teaches.
"fallible men"?

"He who hears you hears Me"

"I will give you the keys..."

"whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven."

"feed my sheep..."
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I would word it like this:
"The truth shows that Free is crazy"
Is that what you were trying to say?
I defend Mary.

You defile her.

Only a narcissistic slut would threaten humanity with World War because she didn't get enough devotion.

You are the Vatican put these shameful words in her mouth:

"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."

But that wasn't enough. Next you stand with a giant bully against sexually-abused orphans.

I stand with Mary and orphans.

You stand with Cardinal Law and the devil.

Amen
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Clay wrote:
The Catholic Church has had problems in every decade since Christ. There was bad Priests, Bishops and laity since day one. They all violated Catholic teachings and sinned.
It will be that way for the next 2,000 yrs too. This is the reality when you're involved in spiritual warfare. Thankfully, the Church is infallible in her teachings on faith and morals so we will always have that unbreakable pillar to guide us.
Tell us Clay -- how do one or two "bad Priests" protect themselves with diplomatic immunity?

I thought only the Church as an institution could do that.

Please explain.

(This should be good :o)
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

<quoted text>
I don't think Michael (or others) have ever expressed an interest in trying to convince anyone "to lose faith and hope".
IMO - he (like those others) posts facts that many Catholics refuse to acknowledge as truths, especially when they relate to those known problems and issues which ARE present in the RCC today.
He also agrees that with these problems and issues in the RCC, there are very few followers who have stood up and organized against those involved in those situations.
You and the other so-called "Catholics" as far as I can say (based upon your posts) you don't get involved.
In other words, you support and help pay for the abuse - through your donations and so-called 'service'. Which leads to a point that you have never answered through honesty - that you don't. Those are the semantics that you and many of those followers refuse to admit.
You aren't honest with yourself or with others in these regards.
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God." - Jesus
<quoted text>
I hope my characterisation was somewhat accurate. I apologize if I was incorrect.
Cheers!
You did good!

...How could catholics COLLECTIVELY standby,do and say nothing to offending clergy in their parish or diocese, when the followers learned that their clergy covered up the worst despictable crimes and sin, that other clergy had committed, yet still shouting from the pulpit at every mass to the followers, to never! commit the same sins and crimes they themselves the clergy were hiding, and on top of that these lying, coverup clergy just 5 minutes later, give themselves holy communion, instructing the followers they could NEVER receive communion, with such sins on their souls.

makes no common sense.

...Instead of doing the right thing and questioning their church leaders, they attack anyone who brings the topic up.

makes no common sense.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM
Commentary by Matthew Henry "The devils have nothing to do with Christ as a Saviour; they neither have, nor hope for any benefit from him. Oh the depth of this mystery of Divine love; that fallen man has so much to do with Christ, when fallen angels have nothing to do with him! Heb 2:16."
This is the reason the swine/demons ran into the Sea of Galilee, known as the Abyss....I am glad this writer mentions it, but didn't understand the whole spiritual intent of this teaching in context.
I agree demons want nothing to do with Jesus they flee at the mention of His name. Because they know who He is and understands the Judgement they are already under their is no escape for them.
First of all Jesus never did anything for nothing, He freed a man from demon possession, proved to people He is who He said He is and has the power to do what only God Himself can do.
And also proved there are some people willingly follow after the things of satan.
there is more going on here then just Jesus casting legions (numerious devils) into a bunch of swines.
The demons drove the swines into the sea to flee from Jesus.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus died on the Cross to save 5% of humanity, then it might begin to make sense.
Otherwise, this church is a social, moral, and ethical failure.
That's why Catholics immigrate TO REFORMATION societies and AWAY FROM totalitarian Catholic societies.
So true a statement here as to the fact that many Catholics around the world have left their countries to come to the US and Canada. Countries where Roman Catholicism is the STATE religion.And that can be rephrased as being a country that upholds the Roman Catholic Church in their Parliament,even though the Church may not have political control over the country. Such is the case in many South and Central American countries,the Phillipines,Spain,and Portugal.Yet those governments are strongly influenced by the Catholic Church.

Ireland is strongly influenced by Roman Catholicism,but not politically run by the Church itself. We see more of that to date in most countries where the RCCh was dominant and ONCE the ruler of that nation.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus died on the Cross to save 5% of humanity, then it might begin to make sense.
Otherwise, this church is a social, moral, and ethical failure.
That's why Catholics immigrate TO REFORMATION societies and AWAY FROM totalitarian Catholic societies.
FREE MIND says.......If Jesus died on the Cross to save 5% of humanity.

MICHAEL says.....The scriptures state that Jesus pissed off his jewish leaders so bad they wanted him dead. The only way Jesus would die is he had to become a rebel, an instigator, a trouble maker. Not what we call a role model.

.. Why would God's plan be, go down to earth and start agitating people? Create hatred, anger, and divisivness? Makes no common sense. Not to forget Jesus had a second chance. The crowd of people were given the determining factor of who would die. JESUS OR BARABAS. Right? 50/50! Jesus could have flipped a coin, but in the end Jesus lost.

How would christianity have started if the small crowd had screamed BARABAS instead of JESUS?

Sounds like the fix was already in.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>So true a statement here as to the fact that many Catholics around the world have left their countries to come to the US and Canada. Countries where Roman Catholicism is the STATE religion.And that can be rephrased as being a country that upholds the Roman Catholic Church in their Parliament,even though the Church may not have political control over the country. Such is the case in many South and Central American countries,the Phillipines,Spain,and Portugal.Yet those governments are strongly influenced by the Catholic Church.
Ireland is strongly influenced by Roman Catholicism,but not politically run by the Church itself. We see more of that to date in most countries where the RCCh was dominant and ONCE the ruler of that nation.
Do you think God blesses a protestant founded country where 55 million innocents have been butchered in the last 40 years?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
I defend Mary.
You defile her.
Only a narcissistic slut would threaten humanity with World War because she didn't get enough devotion.
"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."
But that wasn't enough. Next you stand with a giant bully against sexually-abused orphans.
Amen
FM-

Very disappointing here.

Reduced to a gadfly, resorting to calling the Virgin Mary names to evoke a response?

Don't be so pathetic.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us Clay -- how do one or two "bad Priests" protect themselves with diplomatic immunity?
I thought only the Church as an institution could do that.
Please explain.
(This should be good :o)
Only individuals are granted diplomatic immunity.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
I defend Mary.
You defile her.
Amen
Your post is a tab strong here,but I understand where you are coming from. The devotion or "true" worship of Mary is the bottom line to Fatima and anyother apparition of the RCC,which features of course the appearance of Mary.

Mary in those apparitions requires a lot more devotion from the Catholics,than what has even been taught regarding her for centuries. Think of it! If in fact Mary only appears to Roman Catholics, rarely to Orthodox, and never to Protestants,of course the RCC considers that because of those apparitions,The RCC is the only true and Apostolic Church. Mary is worshiped and adored as Queen of Heaven by RCs world-wide,and her appearings confirm to them that they are truly the TRUTH.

Mary does not mince words in those apparitions,she declares herself Immaculate and basically worthy of much devotion and gives to the hearers revelations,along with either a Scapular or Rosary Beads,sometimes medals.The Bible does not in any way cause the believer to go through Mary to get to Jesus,BUT,The Marian visions all confirm old traditional treatises that called the faithful to go through the Holy Virgin to get to Christ.

It is either TRUTH or the Angel of Light that Satan sends to deceive even the ELECT if possible.The hard reality of what Mary supposedly tells the persons she appears to (to do), is to build cathedrals and basilicas that bear her IMAGE to honor and adore her.Great Novenas are said often in those places where Mary supposedly appeared,and her IMAGE is the center of worship,devotion,thousands kneeling before it,and beseeching her to HEAL them of their ailments,and troubles.

Having statues with her image,and the cause of the faithful to kneel before that image,and pray to Mary either for intercession or healing and so on,along with litanies,and songs or canticles sung to her with great triumph to her person,is in direct opposition to the First Commandment of the LORD,God of Israel to Moses.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Matthew 8

Verses 28-34

We have here the story of Christís casting the devils out of two men that were possessed. The scope of this chapter is to show the divine power of Christ, by the instances of his dominion over bodily diseases, which to us are irresistible; over winds and waves, which to us are yet more uncontrollable; and lastly, over devils, which to us are most formidable of all. Christ has not only all power in heaven and earth and all deep places, but has the keys of hell too. Principalities and powers were made subject to him, even while he was in his estate of humiliation, as an earnest of what should be at his entrance into his glory (Eph. 1:21); he spoiled them, Col. 2:15. It was observed in general (Matt. 8:16), that Christ cast out the spirits with his word; here we have a particular instance of it, which have some circumstances more remarkable than the rest. This miracle was wrought in the country of the Gergesenes; some think, they were the remains of the old Girgashites, Deut. 7:1. Though Christ was sent chiefly to the lost sheep of the house of Israel, yet some sallies he made among the borderers, as here, to gain this victory over Satan, which was a specimen of the conquest of his legions in the Gentile world.

Now, besides the general instance which this gives us of Christís power over Satan, and his design against him to disarm and dispossess him, we have here especially discovered to us the way and manner of evil spirits in their enmity to man. Observe, concerning this legion of devils, What work they made where they were, and where they went.

I. What work they made where they were; which appears in the miserable condition of these two that were possessed by them; and some think, these two were man and wife, because the other Evangelists speak but of one.

1. They dwelt among the tombs; thence they came when the met Christ. The devil having the power of death, not as judge, but as executioner, he delighted to converse among the trophies of his victory, the dead bodies of men; but there, where he thought himself in the greatest triumph and elevation, as afterwards in Golgotha, the place of a skull, did Christ conquer and subdue him. Conversing among the graves increased the melancholy and frenzy of the poor possessed creatures, and so strengthened the hold he had of them by their bodily distemper, and also made them more formidable to other people, who generally startle at any thing that stirs among the tombs.

2. They were exceeding fierce; not only ungovernable themselves, but mischievous to others, frightening many, having hurt some; so that no man durst pass that way. Note, The devil bears malice to mankind, and shows it by making men spiteful and malicious one to another. Mutual enmities, where they should be mutual endearments and assistances, are effects and evidences of Satanís enmity to the whole race; he makes one man a wolf, a bear, a devil, to anotheróHomo homini lupus. Where Satan rules in a man spiritually, by those lusts that war in the members, pride, envy, malice, revenge, they make him as unfit for human society, as unworthy of it, and as much an enemy to the comfort of it, as these poor possessed creatures were.

3. They bid defiance to Jesus Christ, and disclaimed all interest in him, Matt. 8:29. It is an instance of the power of God over the devils, that, notwithstanding the mischief they studied to do by and to these poor creatures, yet they could not keep them from meeting Jesus Christ, who ordered the matter so as to meet them. It was his overpowering hand that dragged these unclean spirits into his presence, which they dreaded more than any thing else: his chains could hold them, when the chains that men made for them could not. But being brought before him, they protested against his jurisdiction, and broke out into a rage, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God?
Cont
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think God blesses a protestant founded country where 55 million innocents have been butchered in the last 40 years?
No of course not,and the truth be known Anthony,we are going to face a lot more hardship in this nation because of the INFANTICIDE of our unborn.It is just as much a blight and an abomination to all non[-Catholic Christians who love and worship Christ.AND besides Anthony what you see in America today is not a Protestant stronghold,but a diversified hodge-podge of pluralism,not protestantism or Reformer faith.

Our great Awakenings in this country called for the true and living worship of Christ,that kept the morals of our peoples,but now we have atheism,homosexuality and a government that along with world motives,are seeking to delete large populations through abortion.BECAUSE they are fearful that over[-population will destroy the world.

We stand with the RCC against Abortion,and especially against partial birth abortions that our illustrious president again re-enstated from Bush.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

cont Matthew 8: 28-34

One word that the devil spoke like a saint; he addressed himself to Christ as Jesus the Son of God; a good word, and at this time, when it was a truth but in the proving, it was a great word too, what flesh and blood did not reveal to Peter, Matt. 16:17. Even the devils know, and believe, and confess Christ to be the Son of God, and yet they are devils still, which makes their enmity to Christ so much the more wicked, and indeed a perfect torment to themselves; for how can it be otherwise, to oppose one they know to be the Son of God? Note, It is not knowledge, but love, that distinguishes saints from devils. He is the first-born of hell, that knows Christ and yet hates him, and will not be subject to him and his law. We may remember that not long since the devil made a doubt whether Christ were the Son of God or not, and would have persuaded him to question it (Matt. 4:3), but now he readily owns it. Note, Though Godís children may be much disquieted in an hour of temptation, by Satanís questioning their relation to God as a Father, yet the Spirit of adoption shall at length clear it up to them so much to their satisfaction, as to set it even above the devilís contradiction.

(2.) Two words that he said like a devil, like himself.

[1.] A word of defiance; What have we to do with thee? Now, First, It is true that the devils have nothing to do with Christ as a Saviour, for he took not on him the nature of the angels that fell, nor did he lay hold on them (Heb. 2:16); they are in no relation to him, they neither have, nor hope for, any benefit by him. O the depth of this mystery of divine love, that fallen man hath so much to do with Christ, when fallen angels have nothing to do with him! Surely here was torment enough before the time, to be forced to own the excellency that is in Christ, and yet that he has no interest in him. Note, It is possible for me to call Jesus the Son of God, and yet have nothing to do with him. Secondly, It is as true, that the devils desire not to have any thing to do with Christ as a Ruler; they hate him, they are filled with enmity against him, they stand in opposition to him, and are in open rebellion against his crown and dignity. See whose language they speak, that will have nothing to do with the gospel of Christ, with his laws and ordinances, that throw off his yoke, that break his bands in sunder, and will not have him to reign over them; that say to the Almighty Jesus, Depart from us: they are of their father the devil, they do his lusts, and speak his language. Thirdly, But it is not true, that the devils have nothing to do with Christ as a Judge, for they have, and they know it. These devils could not say, What hast thou to do with us? could not deny that the Son of God is the Judge of devils; to his judgment they are bound over in chains of darkness, which they would fain shake off, and shake off the thought of.
cont

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
citation, citation....Why do you ask for them since you don't believe anything that is not direct firsthand to/of yourself?
Because I want to make sure you are honest with me and really know what you are talking about.

This is the first time, I'm wondering if you will continue.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't make you time travel back to Jesus' time, and have you talk to him or anyone else about what the Jewish people symbolically thought of the Sea of Galilee(Gennesaret).
"Symbolically" - nothing more, nothing less.

But, IMO, and based upon your posts, you think it is a place where demons are collected for eternity.

Of course - like many times in the past - you only have a speculative presumption by other men to believe in.

Any video evidences of demons swimming about?

I didn't think so, either.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
So why ask? Don't you think it makes you look stupid? I don't want that....
Like I said, I ask, to see how honest you really are.

So far, you haven't been.

"Don't you think it makes you look stupid?"
- Not at all. FYI - the only stupid answer is the one not asked.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't you just Google it....Sea of Galilee Abyss?
Oh well, I guess I will start you off...,just start with this article, it ties in well with Sea of Galilee, Abyss, Satan, demons......
http://followtherabbi.com/guide/detail/sea-of...
Funny - a so-called Catholic using a Jewish link.

"John referred to the Abyss often in his Revelation (9:1,11, 11:7, 17:8). It is clearly the abode of the one who is the epitome of evil, Satan (Rev. 20:1-3)."
- which is not a sea

"The depths of the sea are seen as the home of demons, a place called the Abyss, the home of evil spirits, according to Jewish tradition."
- ACCORDING TO JEWISH TRADITION
- you aren't Jewish

But thanks for the link.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Why don't you believe in Jesus?
I abide by faith, in love, because God first loved me, and sent Jesus to be my Saviour. Now since God has shown me his Love first,
I hear his Voice, because I know Him.
Prove that you "know God".

Why do you continue with this charade?

Is this how you acquire followers? Through misleading them with lies?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"fallible men"?
"He who hears you hears Me"
"I will give you the keys..."
"whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven."
"feed my sheep..."
Why do you believe men over Jesus?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

cont Matthew 8: 28-34

A word of dread and deprecation; ďArt thou come hither to torment usóto cast us out from these men, and to restrain us from doing the hurt we would do?Ē Note, To be turned out, and tied up, from doing mischief, is a torment to the devil, all whose comfort and satisfaction are manís misery and destruction. Should not we then count it our heaven to be doing well, and reckon that our torment, whether within or without, that hinders us from well-doing? Now must we be tormented by thee before the time; Note, First, There is a time in which devils will be more tormented than they are, and they know it. The great assize at the last day is the time fixed for their complete torture, in that Tophet which is ordained of old for the king, for the prince of the devils, and his angels (Isa. 30:33; Matt. 25:41); for the judgment of that day they are reserved, 2 Pet. 2:4. Those malignant spirits that are, by the divine permission, prisoners at large, walking to and fro through the earth (Job 1:7), are even now in a chain; hitherto shall their power reach, and no further; they will then be made close prisoners: they have now some ease; they will then be in torment without ease. This they here take for granted, and ask not never to be tormented (despair of relief is the misery of their case), but they beg that they may not be tormented before the time; for though they knew not when the day of judgment should be, they knew it should not be yet. Secondly, The devils have a certain fearful looking for of that judgment and fiery indignation, upon every approach of Christ, and every check that is given to their power and rage. The very sight of Christ and his word of command to come out of the man, made them thus apprehensive of their torment. Thus the devils believe, and tremble, Jas. 2:19. It is their own enmity to God and man that puts them upon the rack, and torments them before the time. The most desperate sinners, whose damnation is sealed, yet cannot quite harden their hearts against the surprise of fearfulness, when they see the day approaching.
cont

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 min Hebrewsunite 8,193
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 1 hr INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 31
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 5 hr psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 11 hr ELIAS IBARRA 60
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••