Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,130
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#416621 Jan 18, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Why don't you believe in Jesus?
I abide by faith, in love, because God first loved me, and sent Jesus to be my Saviour. Now since God has shown me his Love first,
I hear his Voice, because I know Him.
Prove that you "know God".

Why do you continue with this charade?

Is this how you acquire followers? Through misleading them with lies?

Albuquerque, NM

#416622 Jan 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"fallible men"?
"He who hears you hears Me"
"I will give you the keys..."
"whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven."
"feed my sheep..."
Why do you believe men over Jesus?
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#416624 Jan 18, 2013
cont Matthew 8: 28-34

A word of dread and deprecation; ďArt thou come hither to torment usóto cast us out from these men, and to restrain us from doing the hurt we would do?Ē Note, To be turned out, and tied up, from doing mischief, is a torment to the devil, all whose comfort and satisfaction are manís misery and destruction. Should not we then count it our heaven to be doing well, and reckon that our torment, whether within or without, that hinders us from well-doing? Now must we be tormented by thee before the time; Note, First, There is a time in which devils will be more tormented than they are, and they know it. The great assize at the last day is the time fixed for their complete torture, in that Tophet which is ordained of old for the king, for the prince of the devils, and his angels (Isa. 30:33; Matt. 25:41); for the judgment of that day they are reserved, 2 Pet. 2:4. Those malignant spirits that are, by the divine permission, prisoners at large, walking to and fro through the earth (Job 1:7), are even now in a chain; hitherto shall their power reach, and no further; they will then be made close prisoners: they have now some ease; they will then be in torment without ease. This they here take for granted, and ask not never to be tormented (despair of relief is the misery of their case), but they beg that they may not be tormented before the time; for though they knew not when the day of judgment should be, they knew it should not be yet. Secondly, The devils have a certain fearful looking for of that judgment and fiery indignation, upon every approach of Christ, and every check that is given to their power and rage. The very sight of Christ and his word of command to come out of the man, made them thus apprehensive of their torment. Thus the devils believe, and tremble, Jas. 2:19. It is their own enmity to God and man that puts them upon the rack, and torments them before the time. The most desperate sinners, whose damnation is sealed, yet cannot quite harden their hearts against the surprise of fearfulness, when they see the day approaching.
cont

Albuquerque, NM

#416623 Jan 18, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree demons want nothing to do with Jesus they flee at the mention of His name. Because they know who He is and understands the Judgement they are already under their is no escape for them.
First of all Jesus never did anything for nothing, He freed a man from demon possession, proved to people He is who He said He is and has the power to do what only God Himself can do.
And also proved there are some people willingly follow after the things of satan.
there is more going on here then just Jesus casting legions (numerious devils) into a bunch of swines.
The demons drove the swines into the sea to flee from Jesus.
"I agree demons want nothing to do with Jesus they flee at the mention of His name."

Odd you say this, because when I mention what Jesus said, many of you run away from what he said.

Are you and others, demons?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#416625 Jan 18, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
FREE MIND says.......If Jesus died on the Cross to save 5% of humanity.
MICHAEL says.....The scriptures state that Jesus pissed off his jewish leaders so bad they wanted him dead. The only way Jesus would die is he had to become a rebel, an instigator, a trouble maker. Not what we call a role model.
.. Why would God's plan be, go down to earth and start agitating people? Create hatred, anger, and divisivness? Makes no common sense. Not to forget Jesus had a second chance. The crowd of people were given the determining factor of who would die. JESUS OR BARABAS. Right? 50/50! Jesus could have flipped a coin, but in the end Jesus lost.
How would christianity have started if the small crowd had screamed BARABAS instead of JESUS?
Sounds like the fix was already in.
No Michael,sounds like God knew the outcome before it happened,and did not interfere,because He sent His only Son to not only live for 33 years,but to die a cruel death.

It was planned from the courts of heaven in that inner SANCTUM where the Father, Son and Holy Spirit commune.That Jesus would come to us in the form of Human flesh and blood,Incarnate,and be the EMMANUEL,God with us,to live a short time,be crucified and die.

Those Jewish leaders who took part in planning the demise of Jesus,were not just acting on their own,but aided by the forces of Hell,which purposed long before the earth was created to destroy anything God does,even though for the DEVIL it was futile.

You who do not believe there is EVIL,and it being represented by a celestial being, fail to see the Dichotomy in heaven,battling for Good or Evil.We human beings are caught in the conflict,because we are created by the ONE who is all[-powerful and G O O D. Satan hates everything God creates,and he tries relentlessly to demerit[-debase,devalue all that is of God.Why such a futile task for Satan? That I cannot fully answer.

But I can say that Jesus coming to earth and giving to us the plan of God's eternal salvation was not just a CAUSE to be fought for in the realm of politics.But it was God's Kingdom coming down to us here on earth who are alienated from that Kingdom due to sin and the tireless efforts of the god of this world(Satan) to keep us from receiving that kingdom.

It is beyond all of us Michael,and you forget that in life somethings are just to big to fathom or dissect into our space of reasoning and understanding.

Albuquerque, NM

#416626 Jan 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think God blesses a protestant founded country where 55 million innocents have been butchered in the last 40 years?
Does it matter?

How do you know "He" does or doesn't?

How is this on-topic?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#416627 Jan 18, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Your post is a tab strong here,but I understand where you are coming from. The devotion or "true" worship of Mary is the bottom line to Fatima and anyother apparition of the RCC,which features of course the appearance of Mary.
Mary in those apparitions requires a lot more devotion from the Catholics,than what has even been taught regarding her for centuries. Think of it! If in fact Mary only appears to Roman Catholics, rarely to Orthodox, and never to Protestants,of course the RCC considers that because of those apparitions,The RCC is the only true and Apostolic Church. Mary is worshiped and adored as Queen of Heaven by RCs world-wide,and her appearings confirm to them that they are truly the TRUTH.
Mary does not mince words in those apparitions,she declares herself Immaculate and basically worthy of much devotion and gives to the hearers revelations,along with either a Scapular or Rosary Beads,sometimes medals.The Bible does not in any way cause the believer to go through Mary to get to Jesus,BUT,The Marian visions all confirm old traditional treatises that called the faithful to go through the Holy Virgin to get to Christ.
It is either TRUTH or the Angel of Light that Satan sends to deceive even the ELECT if possible.The hard reality of what Mary supposedly tells the persons she appears to (to do), is to build cathedrals and basilicas that bear her IMAGE to honor and adore her.Great Novenas are said often in those places where Mary supposedly appeared,and her IMAGE is the center of worship,devotion,thousands kneeling before it,and beseeching her to HEAL them of their ailments,and troubles.
Having statues with her image,and the cause of the faithful to kneel before that image,and pray to Mary either for intercession or healing and so on,along with litanies,and songs or canticles sung to her with great triumph to her person,is in direct opposition to the First Commandment of the LORD,God of Israel to Moses.
Fear not.

The prayers are to God. We believe in intercessory prayer.
LTM

#416628 Jan 18, 2013
cont Matthew 8: 28-34

Let us now see what work they made where they went, when they were turned out of the men possessed, and that was into a herd of swine, which was a good way off, Matt. 8:30. These Gergesenes, though living on the other side Jordan, were Jews. What had they to do with swine, which by the law were unclean, and not to be eaten nor touched? Probably, lying in the outskirts of the land, there were many Gentiles among them, to whom this herd of swine belonged: or they kept them to be sold, or bartered, to the Romans, with whom they had now great dealings, and who were admirers of swineís flesh. Now observe,

1. How the devils seized the swine. Though they were a good way off, and, one would think, out of danger, yet the devils had an eye upon them, to do them a mischief: for they go up and down, seeking to devour, seeking an opportunity; and they seek not long but they find. Now here,

(1.) They asked leave to enter into the swine (Matt. 8:31); they besought him, with all earnestness, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine. Hereby,[1.] They discover their own inclination to do mischief, and what a pleasure it is to them; those, therefore, are their children, and resemble them, whose sleep departeth from them, except they cause some to fall, Prov. 4:16.ďLet us go into the herd of swine, any where rather than into the place of torment, any where to do mischief.Ē If they might not be suffered to hurt men in their bodies, they would hurt them in their goods, and in that too they intend hurt to their souls, by making Christ a burthen to them: such malicious devices hath that old subtle serpent![2.] They own Christís power over them; that, without his sufferance and permission, they could not so much as hurt a swine. This is comfortable to all the Lordís people, that, though the devilís power be very great, yet it is limited, and not equal to his malice (what would become of us, if it were?) especially that it is under the control of our Lord Jesus, our most faithful, powerful friend and Saviour; that Satan and his instruments can go no further than he is pleased to permit; here shall their proud waves be stayed.

(2.) They had leave. Christ said unto them, Go (Matt. 8:32), as God did to Satan, when he desired leave to afflict Job. Note, God does often, for wise and holy ends, permit the efforts of Satanís rage, and suffer him to do the mischief he would, and even by it serve his own purposes. The devils are not only Christís captives, but his vassals; his dominion over them appears in the harm they do, as well as in the hindrance of them from doing more. Thus even their wrath is made to praise Christ, and the remainder of it he does and will restrain. Christ permitted this,[1.] For the conviction of the Sadducees that were then among the Jews, who denied the existence of spirits, and would not own that there were such beings, because they could not see them. Now Christ would, by this, bring it as near as might be to an ocular demonstration of the being, multitude, power, and malice, of evil spirits, that, if they were not hereby convinced, they might be left inexcusable in their infidelity. We see not the wind, but it would be absurd to deny it, when we see trees and houses blown down by it.[2.] For the punishment of the Gadarenes, who perhaps, though Jews, took a liberty to eat swineís flesh, contrary to the law: however, their keeping swine bordered upon evil; and Christ would also show what a hellish crew they were delivered from, which, if he had permitted it, would soon have choked them, as they did their swine. The devils, in obedience to Christís command, came out of the men, and having permission, when they were come out, immediately they went into the herd of swine. See what an industrious enemy Satan is, and how expeditious; he will lose no time in doing mischief.
cont

Albuquerque, NM

#416629 Jan 18, 2013
Robert F wrote:

I can't make you time travel back to Jesus' time, and have you talk to him or anyone else about what the Jewish people symbolically thought of the Sea of Galilee(Gennesaret).

New Age writes:
Robert - BTW - this is also from your link about the "abyss" - in the NOTES sectiona t the bottom.

"2. The disciples thought Jesus was a ghost ( Mark 6:49), consistent with the view that the sea harbored demonic forces.

Please notice even this individual is stating that Jesus was already in Spirit form, when this episode occurred.
- Either establishing he was already dead, and this was a vision someone had, or a made up story altogether.

Mark 6:49:
"49 But seeing him walking on the sea they thought that it was a specter, and cried out; "
http://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/manuscript.... Query&book=34&chapter= 6&lid=en&side=r&ve rse=49&zoomSlider=0
LTM

#416630 Jan 18, 2013
cont Matthew 8:28-34

Now observe,

1. How the devils seized the swine. Though they were a good way off, and, one would think, out of danger, yet the devils had an eye upon them, to do them a mischief: for they go up and down, seeking to devour, seeking an opportunity; and they seek not long but they find. Now here,

(1.) They asked leave to enter into the swine (Matt. 8:31); they besought him, with all earnestness, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine. Hereby,[1.] They discover their own inclination to do mischief, and what a pleasure it is to them; those, therefore, are their children, and resemble them, whose sleep departeth from them, except they cause some to fall, Prov. 4:16.ďLet us go into the herd of swine, any where rather than into the place of torment, any where to do mischief.Ē If they might not be suffered to hurt men in their bodies, they would hurt them in their goods, and in that too they intend hurt to their souls, by making Christ a burthen to them: such malicious devices hath that old subtle serpent![2.] They own Christís power over them; that, without his sufferance and permission, they could not so much as hurt a swine. This is comfortable to all the Lordís people, that, though the devilís power be very great, yet it is limited, and not equal to his malice (what would become of us, if it were?) especially that it is under the control of our Lord Jesus, our most faithful, powerful friend and Saviour; that Satan and his instruments can go no further than he is pleased to permit; here shall their proud waves be stayed.

(2.) They had leave. Christ said unto them, Go (Matt. 8:32), as God did to Satan, when he desired leave to afflict Job. Note, God does often, for wise and holy ends, permit the efforts of Satanís rage, and suffer him to do the mischief he would, and even by it serve his own purposes. The devils are not only Christís captives, but his vassals; his dominion over them appears in the harm they do, as well as in the hindrance of them from doing more. Thus even their wrath is made to praise Christ, and the remainder of it he does and will restrain. Christ permitted this,[1.] For the conviction of the Sadducees that were then among the Jews, who denied the existence of spirits, and would not own that there were such beings, because they could not see them. Now Christ would, by this, bring it as near as might be to an ocular demonstration of the being, multitude, power, and malice, of evil spirits, that, if they were not hereby convinced, they might be left inexcusable in their infidelity. We see not the wind, but it would be absurd to deny it, when we see trees and houses blown down by it.[2.] For the punishment of the Gadarenes, who perhaps, though Jews, took a liberty to eat swineís flesh, contrary to the law: however, their keeping swine bordered upon evil; and Christ would also show what a hellish crew they were delivered from, which, if he had permitted it, would soon have choked them, as they did their swine. The devils, in obedience to Christís command, came out of the men, and having permission, when they were come out, immediately they went into the herd of swine. See what an industrious enemy Satan is, and how expeditious; he will lose no time in doing mischief. Observe,

2. Whither they hurried them, when they had seized them. They were not bid to save their lives, and, therefore, they were made to run violently down a steep place into the sea, where they all perished, to the number of about two thousand, Mark 5:13.
Cont
LTM

#416631 Jan 18, 2013
Matthew 8:28-34

Note, The possession which the devil gets is for destruction. Thus the devil hurries people to sin, hurries them to that which they have resolved against, and which they know will be shame and grief to them: with what a force doth the evil spirit work in the children of disobedience, when by so many foolish and hurtful lusts they are brought to act in direct contradiction, not only to religion, but to right reason, and their interest in this world! Thus, likewise, he hurries them to ruin, for he is Apollyon and Abaddon, the great destroyer. By his lusts which men do, they are drowned in destruction and perdition. This is Satanís will, to swallow up and to devour; miserable then is the condition of those that are led captive by him at his will. They are hurried into a worse lake than this, a lake that burns with fire and brimstone.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#416632 Jan 18, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad
I have been putting more time in the Bible. There is a time to sow and a time to reap. I read slow, there is much to see....
The more I read, the more beautifully it reflects the Light of God's thoughts for us. It penetrates and illuminates. I will be finishing Matthew, and look forward into taking my time in Peter....
AMEN,and the Lord confirms His Word,especially as we see changes in our own spirit,mind and lives.Have a great day,have to run!Time to get ready for work,and so on.Most of the time I work evenings.I do not share what I do,so please don't ask. And I will not expect that information from you either. Praise the Lord! D a n.
LTM

#416633 Jan 18, 2013
Cont Matthew 8:28-34

What effect this had upon the owners. The report of it was soon brought them by the swine-herds, who seemed to be more concerned for the loss of the swine than any thing else, for they went not to tell what was befallen to the possessed of the devils, till the swine were lost, Matt. 8:33. Christ went not into the city, but the news of his being there did, by which he was willing to feel how their pulse beat, and what influence it had upon them, and then act accordingly.
commentary by Matthew Henry.
Now,(1.) Their curiosity brought them out to see Jesus. The whole city came out to meet him, that they might be able to say, they had seen a man who did such wonderful works. Thus many go out, in profession, to meet Christ for company, that have no real affection for him, nor desire to know him.

(2.) Their covetousness made them willing to be rid of him. Instead of inviting him into their city, or bringing their sick to him to be healed, they desired him to depart out of their coasts, as if they had borrowed the words of the devils, What have we to do with thee, Jesus thou Son of God? And now the devils had what they aimed at in drowning the swine; they did it, and then made the people believe that Christ had done it, and so prejudiced them against him. He seduced our first parents, by possessing them with hard thoughts of God, and kept the Gadarenes from Christ, by suggesting that he came into their country to destroy their cattle, and that he would do more hurt than good; for though he had cured two men, yet he had drowned two thousand swine. Thus the devil sows tares in Godís field, does mischief in the Christian church, and then lays the blame upon Christianity, and incenses men against that. They besought him that he would depart, lest, like Moses in Egypt, he should proceed to some other plague. Note, There are a great many who prefer their swine before their Saviour, and so come short of Christ, and salvation by him. They desire Christ to depart out of their hearts, and will not suffer his word to have a place in them, because he and his word will be the destruction of their brutish lustsóthose swine which they give up themselves to feed. And justly will Christ forsake those that thus are weary of him, and say to them hereafter, Depart, ye cursed, who now say to the Almighty, Depart from us.

Albuquerque, NM

#416635 Jan 18, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>No Michael,sounds like God knew the outcome before it happened,and did not interfere,because He sent His only Son to not only live for 33 years,but to die a cruel death.
It was planned from the courts of heaven in that inner SANCTUM where the Father, Son and Holy Spirit commune.That Jesus would come to us in the form of Human flesh and blood,Incarnate,and be the EMMANUEL,God with us,to live a short time,be crucified and die.
Those Jewish leaders who took part in planning the demise of Jesus,were not just acting on their own,but aided by the forces of Hell,which purposed long before the earth was created to destroy anything God does,even though for the DEVIL it was futile.
You who do not believe there is EVIL,and it being represented by a celestial being, fail to see the Dichotomy in heaven,battling for Good or Evil.We human beings are caught in the conflict,because we are created by the ONE who is all[-powerful and G O O D. Satan hates everything God creates,and he tries relentlessly to demerit[-debase,devalue all that is of God.Why such a futile task for Satan? That I cannot fully answer.
But I can say that Jesus coming to earth and giving to us the plan of God's eternal salvation was not just a CAUSE to be fought for in the realm of politics.But it was God's Kingdom coming down to us here on earth who are alienated from that Kingdom due to sin and the tireless efforts of the god of this world(Satan) to keep us from receiving that kingdom.
It is beyond all of us Michael,and you forget that in life somethings are just to big to fathom or dissect into our space of reasoning and understanding.
"sounds like God knew the outcome before it happened,and did not interfere,because He sent His only Son to not only live for 33 years,but to die a cruel death."

This is only an opinion - meaning you have no facts to back this up, yet you believe it to be true thru "faith".

Clearly you understand that this can apply to every one. right?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#416634 Jan 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Fear not.
The prayers are to God. We believe in intercessory prayer.
It is probably better if it were made clearer that Catholics pray for the intercession of Mary and the Saints,not t o them.But actions speak louder than words!
LTM

#416636 Jan 18, 2013
Matthew 8 :28-34
commentary was from Matthew Henry
LTM

#416637 Jan 18, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"I agree demons want nothing to do with Jesus they flee at the mention of His name."
Odd you say this, because when I mention what Jesus said, many of you run away from what he said.
Are you and others, demons?
NASL--- You mocker nothing more.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#416638 Jan 18, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree demons want nothing to do with Jesus they flee at the mention of His name. Because they know who He is and understands the Judgement they are already under their is no escape for them.
First of all Jesus never did anything for nothing, He freed a man from demon possession, proved to people He is who He said He is and has the power to do what only God Himself can do.
And also proved there are some people willingly follow after the things of satan.
there is more going on here then just Jesus casting legions (numerious devils) into a bunch of swines.
The demons drove the swines into the sea to flee from Jesus.
LTM

Yes. I agree.

There is much much more to this whole series of events with the demoniac. It is on a personal level, and large scale end-times level as well....

The territory they were in was Gentile, under the Roman Empire....
The man represents all who come to faith in Jesus, especially the Gentiles here.
The man was cured, but Jesus upsets the economy of the world in his vicinity, as he did in the Temple, and in the endtimes as well.
Jesus left the man to spread the gospel around the Gentiles. He did, and he did it well, for when Jesus returned to the territory latter, rather than getting cast out, he was welcomed by crowds....

There are lots of things to ponder in this teaching....
Dan

Omaha, NE

#416639 Jan 18, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>It is probably better if it were made clearer that Catholics pray for the intercession of Mary and the Saints,not t o them.But actions speak louder than words!
How much clearer can they make it? Should we wear sandwich signs?

They have a voluminous Catehchism that anyone on Earth can read online in their own language.

Not a single syllable in there about according divine worship to anyone but God.

Perhaps those who think otherwise and choose to opine same should do their own research, yes?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#416640 Jan 18, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I want to make sure you are honest with me and really know what you are talking about.
This is the first time, I'm wondering if you will continue.
<quoted text>
"Symbolically" - nothing more, nothing less.
But, IMO, and based upon your posts, you think it is a place where demons are collected for eternity.
Of course - like many times in the past - you only have a speculative presumption by other men to believe in.
Any video evidences of demons swimming about?
I didn't think so, either.
<quoted text>
Like I said, I ask, to see how honest you really are.
So far, you haven't been.
"Don't you think it makes you look stupid?"
- Not at all. FYI - the only stupid answer is the one not asked.
<quoted text>
Funny - a so-called Catholic using a Jewish link.
"John referred to the Abyss often in his Revelation (9:1,11, 11:7, 17:8). It is clearly the abode of the one who is the epitome of evil, Satan (Rev. 20:1-3)."
- which is not a sea
"The depths of the sea are seen as the home of demons, a place called the Abyss, the home of evil spirits, according to Jewish tradition."
- ACCORDING TO JEWISH TRADITION
- you aren't Jewish
But thanks for the link.
NASL

Sorry I have no photos for you. They appear bright in the mind, but in the environment are so dark, no light reflects off of them.

Kind of like black holes in space. Thats scientific tradition.(smile).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr Hebrewsunite 8,634
Pope hopes Turkey visit promotes peace 10 hr champion65 4
A Gentleman. Thu QUITTNER Nov27 2014 1
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Tue pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) Nov 25 God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Nov 24 Economist 1
Bagnasco controversy over sacrament comments as... Nov 23 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE