Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599555 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Pad

Rockford, IL

#416634 Jan 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Fear not.
The prayers are to God. We believe in intercessory prayer.
It is probably better if it were made clearer that Catholics pray for the intercession of Mary and the Saints,not t o them.But actions speak louder than words!
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#416636 Jan 18, 2013
Matthew 8 :28-34
commentary was from Matthew Henry
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#416637 Jan 18, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"I agree demons want nothing to do with Jesus they flee at the mention of His name."
Odd you say this, because when I mention what Jesus said, many of you run away from what he said.
Are you and others, demons?
NASL--- You mocker nothing more.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#416638 Jan 18, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree demons want nothing to do with Jesus they flee at the mention of His name. Because they know who He is and understands the Judgement they are already under their is no escape for them.
First of all Jesus never did anything for nothing, He freed a man from demon possession, proved to people He is who He said He is and has the power to do what only God Himself can do.
And also proved there are some people willingly follow after the things of satan.
there is more going on here then just Jesus casting legions (numerious devils) into a bunch of swines.
The demons drove the swines into the sea to flee from Jesus.
LTM

Yes. I agree.

There is much much more to this whole series of events with the demoniac. It is on a personal level, and large scale end-times level as well....

The territory they were in was Gentile, under the Roman Empire....
The man represents all who come to faith in Jesus, especially the Gentiles here.
The man was cured, but Jesus upsets the economy of the world in his vicinity, as he did in the Temple, and in the endtimes as well.
Jesus left the man to spread the gospel around the Gentiles. He did, and he did it well, for when Jesus returned to the territory latter, rather than getting cast out, he was welcomed by crowds....

There are lots of things to ponder in this teaching....
Dan

Omaha, NE

#416639 Jan 18, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>It is probably better if it were made clearer that Catholics pray for the intercession of Mary and the Saints,not t o them.But actions speak louder than words!
How much clearer can they make it? Should we wear sandwich signs?

They have a voluminous Catehchism that anyone on Earth can read online in their own language.

Not a single syllable in there about according divine worship to anyone but God.

Perhaps those who think otherwise and choose to opine same should do their own research, yes?

Location hidden

#416640 Jan 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Because I want to make sure you are honest with me and really know what you are talking about.
This is the first time, I'm wondering if you will continue.
<quoted text>
"Symbolically" - nothing more, nothing less.
But, IMO, and based upon your posts, you think it is a place where demons are collected for eternity.
Of course - like many times in the past - you only have a speculative presumption by other men to believe in.
Any video evidences of demons swimming about?
I didn't think so, either.
<quoted text>
Like I said, I ask, to see how honest you really are.
So far, you haven't been.
"Don't you think it makes you look stupid?"
- Not at all. FYI - the only stupid answer is the one not asked.
<quoted text>
Funny - a so-called Catholic using a Jewish link.
"John referred to the Abyss often in his Revelation (9:1,11, 11:7, 17:8). It is clearly the abode of the one who is the epitome of evil, Satan (Rev. 20:1-3)."
- which is not a sea
"The depths of the sea are seen as the home of demons, a place called the Abyss, the home of evil spirits, according to Jewish tradition."
- ACCORDING TO JEWISH TRADITION
- you aren't Jewish
But thanks for the link.
NASL

Sorry I have no photos for you. They appear bright in the mind, but in the environment are so dark, no light reflects off of them.

Kind of like black holes in space. Thats scientific tradition.(smile).

Location hidden

#416641 Jan 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Prove that you "know God".
Why do you continue with this charade?
Is this how you acquire followers? Through misleading them with lies?
NASL

God left me His calling card. It describes what His Business is, and His Qualifications. Its called the Bible. If you find one, read it.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#416642 Jan 18, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>It is probably better if it were made clearer that Catholics pray for the intercession of Mary and the Saints,not t o them.But actions speak louder than words!
Pad-

Here's a scenario I'll write using logic employed by many protestants on this board. I'm in quotation marks here.

"Pad's church sacrifices poodles and prays to the entrails".

You might ask where I'd heard such a thing.

"I read it on a website from John Blogger"

You-Is John Blogger a member of my church?

"No".

Where did he tell you he heard that?

"Another non-member of your church on the radio"

Here's what my church believes-see (cites source actaully FROM your church)? It doesn't say that. We don't do that.

"Oh-I never thought to actually look at the source".

Well, I better do a better job of telling people I don't do what I don't do already.
----------

See what I mean?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#416643 Jan 18, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
"Mocker"?

What is this title?

Is this something you know for sure? How is this, when you and I have never met?

Why are you making up things about me and causing yourself to lie?

According to Jesus or "God", lying is bad, and Jesus will say "I've never known you."

Are you sure you want to go through life with this applied to you?

Of course you do, because an apology is out fo the question, huh?

Albuquerque, NM

#416644 Jan 18, 2013

"I agree demons want nothing to do with Jesus they flee at the mention of His name."
Odd you say this, because when I mention what Jesus said, many of you run away from what he said.
Are you and others, demons?
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW LTM - you didn't answer my question, but only diverted from it, and pushed that diversion back to me.

Well are you? You have run away from the words of Jesus that I've presented?

Location hidden

#416645 Jan 18, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>AMEN,and the Lord confirms His Word,especially as we see changes in our own spirit,mind and lives.Have a great day,have to run!Time to get ready for work,and so on.Most of the time I work evenings.I do not share what I do,so please don't ask. And I will not expect that information from you either. Praise the Lord! D a n.
Dan

Do have a blessed day.

The changes are of course growth, and trimming to be like Jesus.

The fruit and gifts of the Holy Spirit make the labor joyful.

Our Father is pleased, in doing His Good Will.

Albuquerque, NM

#416646 Jan 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
How much clearer can they make it? Should we wear sandwich signs?
They have a voluminous Catehchism that anyone on Earth can read online in their own language.
Not a single syllable in there about according divine worship to anyone but God.
Perhaps those who think otherwise and choose to opine same should do their own research, yes?
....yes I agree...like Robert F, LTM, preston, and even FoL.

All of whom have said they "know" what "God" does and doesn't do.

In the least, you have admitted that you can't attain that knowledge, which is honesty.

Thanks you for that portion.

Albuquerque, NM

#416647 Jan 18, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Sorry I have no photos for you. They appear bright in the mind, but in the environment are so dark, no light reflects off of them.
Kind of like black holes in space. Thats scientific tradition.(smile).
Of course you don't.

Albuquerque, NM

#416648 Jan 18, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
God left me His calling card. It describes what His Business is, and His Qualifications. Its called the Bible. If you find one, read it.
Bullshite.

Man created the Bible.

Strike 1.

Location hidden

#416649 Jan 18, 2013
Robert F wrote:
I can't make you time travel back to Jesus' time, and have you talk to him or anyone else about what the Jewish people symbolically thought of the Sea of Galilee(Gennesaret).
New Age writes:
Robert - BTW - this is also from your link about the "abyss" - in the NOTES sectiona t the bottom.
"2. The disciples thought Jesus was a ghost ( Mark 6:49), consistent with the view that the sea harbored demonic forces.
Please notice even this individual is stating that Jesus was already in Spirit form, when this episode occurred.
- Either establishing he was already dead, and this was a vision someone had, or a made up story altogether.
Mark 6:49:
"49 But seeing him walking on the sea they thought that it was a specter, and cried out; "
http://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/manuscript.... Query&book=34&chapter= 6&lid=en&side=r&ve rse=49&zoomSlider=0
NASL

Like so many other times, what the disciples thought was wrong, and Jesus made a teaching on faith out of their misconceptions. You are reading incorrectly. It is what they thought, and not what actually was real.

Jesus was not dead, or a spectre when he walked on the water. Neither was Peter when he got out of the boat, and Jesus pulled him up.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416650 Jan 18, 2013
Pad wrote:
Why would the Creator of the Universe need intercession or advice -- from anyone about anything?

Absurd.

Location hidden

#416651 Jan 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Of course you don't.
I don't have a camera fast enough to take their picture. They move faster than the speed of light....

Location hidden

#416652 Jan 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Bullshite.
Man created the Bible.
Strike 1.
NASL

Man manipulates the Creation, he does not Create.

Umpire overules your call. Ball 1
Dan

Omaha, NE

#416653 Jan 18, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would the Creator of the Universe need intercession or advice -- from anyone about anything?
Absurd.
Yes, you are absurd.

God doesn't require the intercession.

We do.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416654 Jan 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
FM-
Very disappointing here.
Reduced to a gadfly, resorting to calling the Virgin Mary names to evoke a response?
Don't be so pathetic.
Why lie and claim Mary said this?

"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."

Mary? World War 2?

All miraculously announced after the fact! Why?

The RCC uses Mary like a pimp. The pimp dresses her up and then uses her in an immoral way for his gain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 52 min Big Al 256
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 3 hr Tricky little mon... 84,300
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web