Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
401,401 - 401,420 of 536,752 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

first heaven
second heaven
third heaven
http://carm.org/what-does-it-mean-when-bible-...
disciple

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

A touching story I thought you guys would enjoy.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/18/lo...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't flatter yourself. You're disgusting because you're an ignorant bigot who takes pride in it. You couldn't tell the truth if your life depended on it. Even with this post you're still lying; it just never stops with you.
Oh, yes, I just remembered, you once posted here that you had a serious problem in the past with telling lies. I'd forgotten about that, it explains a lot. No wonder......
Please don't talk about the Lord to me or anyone else. You have a nerve even mentioning Him in the same post with all your lies and bigotry. It's a wonder lightening doesn't strike you. Get down on your knees and ask forgiveness for your slander. Then when you're finished, you can ask me and the other Catholics here for forgiveness as well.
Lightening strikes?!?! Their is no one to throw them! LOL! Hey, Zeus! This person over here doesn't believe right! Would you hit them with a lightening bolt?

ROTFLMAO! The year is 2013 and you still hope for a god to strike people dead? LOL!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

you are not perfectttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttt

they keep this world so long in darkness
you do this or that

if i need i will remove
who say that
its not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
i just wrote

are you for sure somebody did not know?
its ok without gramma

now
did i need cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo
to much any moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeee

do you liked be good or play god
yessssssss sirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrr
thennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

??????????
??????????
??????????
??????????
some
333333333333333333333333333333 33333333333333333333333
Do you liked God?
Which one?
How many god you have?
Fun Facts

Freeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever sat down and thought about what you believe?
You believe that a god needed his creation, to kill another one of his creations, so that the god could forgive them.
If that was not bad enough! What did the animals ever do to deserve being killed? They were killed in the flood, even though god never said that they did anything wrong. They are required by your god to be killed, just so that god could forgive man?
Does that make any sense to you?
Move ahead a few years and the animals are just not doing it for god. No matter how many animals are being killed, for god, god just cannot get enough death, so that he can forgive man.
What does he do? Depending on how you believe, he either creates a new "special" being or he splits himself into 3rd and send 1/3 of himself to Earth. To a very small community, on Earth, to be killed, just so god can forgive man. But that's not all. Not only did the jesus have to be tortured and killed, the 99% of the world that was not involved, has to blindly believe that all this happened, or they are damned to Hell!
Sit down, read through it a few times and tell me, this makes prefect sense to you.
You may have overlooked...

http://bible.cc/colossians/1-16.htm
http://bible.cc/hebrews/10-5.htm
http://bible.cc/titus/2-13.htm
Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Lightening strikes?!?! Their is no one to throw them! LOL! Hey, Zeus! This person over here doesn't believe right! Would you hit them with a lightening bolt?
ROTFLMAO! The year is 2013 and you still hope for a god to strike people dead? LOL!
??

Where did I say I "hoped" for it? It seems to me I said it was a wonder it doesn't.
Lighten up!
(no pun intended)
;)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
As an ex-Catholic, you need to get over it too. Don't they have some good shrooms in your neck if the woods? Maybe that would help.
Yes I am an ex-Catholic, that much is true.

As for me getting over it....oh I have. I've accepted the apologists as they are, and sadly regret the life you have chosen.

As for mushrooms in my part of the states - I'm not sure, I only eat muchrooms I buy from the grocer.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right, non Catholics are never guilty of using a double standard. Your poor parents....
Again, you are making a suppostion without support.

You Catholics do this often. Why?

Why don't you provide support for your far-fetched claims?

Afraid of the truths, huh?

It's okay, I know where you are in that regard.

Is this why you don't believe Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Citation please - of your comparative atatement. One that includes this comparison.
"The Sea of Galilee was known as the Abyss."
Citation please of this "truth" you supply.
"The swine did not decide to run into the Abyss. This was the only place reserved for demons to exist....(Not some invention of mine.)"
- After all,you have stated that it is '(Not some invention of mine.)'
Thanks!
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Fight or flight(citation enough)....The demon infested pigs could not prevail/fight against the Truth, and the demons fled/returned from where they came from, the Sea of Galilee, the Abyss.
Note also while in a storm, the disciples thought they saw a "ghost" walking on the water, when it was Jesus. Beneath the troubled surface was where the demons "lived".
I gave two sites to read concerning Galilee as being the Abyss.
Maybe now you see the analogy of the Titanic going down to the deep cold Atlantic?
Again you divert from providing your citation. Why?

Making up things that are not true is misleading and causes misunderstanding.

Please provide the citation to your claims.

Thanks!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I don't think Michael (or others) have ever expressed an interest in trying to convince anyone "to lose faith and hope".
IMO - he (like those others) posts facts that many Catholics refuse to acknowledge as truths, especially when they relate to those known problems and issues which ARE present in the RCC today.
He also agrees that with these problems and issues in the RCC, there are very few followers who have stood up and organized against those involved in those situations.
You and the other so-called "Catholics" as far as I can say (based upon your posts) you don't get involved.
In other words, you support and help pay for the abuse - through your donations and so-called 'service'. Which leads to a point that you have never answered through honesty - that you don't. Those are the semantics that you and many of those followers refuse to admit.
You aren't honest with yourself or with others in these regards.
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God." - Jesus
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Thankyou.... NASL!
All catholics should read your post, and ask themselves why they too have been so SILENT! when the victims needed them most.
I hope my characterisation was somewhat accurate. I apologize if I was incorrect.

Cheers!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you say 'no'.
I say 'I don't care what you say, as an ex-Catholic your opinions and suggestions for the Church are meaningless, you should find a more relaxing past time, like paying attention to your wife.'
Not true.

We are still part of the "Church." Thus we get a say, whether you think otherwise.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Well, coming from someone that is programmed to think absolutely everything is relative, and relatively everything is absolute, I can see your point. But you certainly have a hard time proving anything....
I've proven my posts.

This is something I cannot say for you.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
You called my post prophetic....That it may be. Only time will reveal it.
All I can add is that things will deteriorate more in the U.S., until/unless there is a return to faith in God.
Your prophecy is heresy whether you think it is or not.

No, "a return to faith in God" is not the answer.

Knowing yourself, using honesty, will bring one closer to "God" than anything else.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
SORRY PRESTON HAD TO ERASE SOME OF YOUR POST
I was just reading about this today.
The story of Jesus casting the legion of demons into a herd of pigs is found in Matthew 8:30-37; Mark 5:1-20; and Luke 8:27-38. Only Matthew mentions the more prominent of the two demoniacs involved. Demoniacs were persons whose minds came under the control of an evil spirit or spirits. That such phenomena were especially prominent during the days of Christ’s earthly ministry is consistent with Satan’s efforts to counteract God’s program. It also allows us to witness the spiritual warfare in which our Savior was constantly engaged. Demons knew exactly who Jesus was—"Son of God"—and were aware of their ultimate doom (Matthew 8:28-29).
As Jesus was traveling in the hilly region east of the Jordan River, the path of this man who was controlled by demons and lived among the tombs crossed that of Jesus. Because of the physical strength the demons gave the man, he was able to break and throw off the chains with which people tried to bind him. When the demons begged Jesus to let them go into a herd of pigs, He gave them permission. They entered the pigs, rushed down the steep bank into the lake, and were drowned. Jesus thereby made known His authority and thwarted whatever evil purpose the demons had.
Why the demons begged to be allowed to enter the swine is unclear from the account. It could be because they didn’t want to leave the area where they had been successful in doing their mischief among the people. Perhaps they were drawn to the unclean animals because of their own filthiness. The demons may have made this strange request because it was their last chance to avoid confinement in the Abyss, the place of confinement to which evil spirits are doomed (Revelation 9:1-6). Whatever their reasoning, it is clear from the account that demons had little power of their own and were unable to do anything without Jesus’ permission. As Christians, we can take comfort in the knowledge that the forces of the enemy of our souls are under the complete control of God and can only act in ways He allows.
The Bible doesn’t explain to us Jesus’ reasoning, but displaying His sovereign power over demons could be one reason why Jesus sent them into the pigs. If the pigs’ owners were Jews, Jesus could have been rebuking them for violating Mosaic law which forbids Jews from eating or keeping unclean animals such as swine (Leviticus 11:7). If the swineherds were Gentiles, perhaps Jesus was using this miraculous event to show them the malice of evil spirits under whose influence they lived, as well as displaying His own power and authority over creation. In any case, the owners were so terrified to be in the presence of such spiritual power that they made no demand for restitution for the loss of their property and begged Jesus to leave the region. The people were awe-struck but unrepentant—they wanted no more of Jesus Christ. This shows the hardness of their hearts and their desire to remain in sin. The healed demoniac, on the other hand, demonstrated the true faith and repentance of a changed heart and begged to be allowed to follow Jesus. Perhaps the unmistakable difference between the saved and the unsaved was an object lesson for the disciples and all who witnessed the event.
(shortened for a response...)
www.gotquestions.org - Bible Questions Answered
LTM

Commentary by Matthew Henry "The devils have nothing to do with Christ as a Saviour; they neither have, nor hope for any benefit from him. Oh the depth of this mystery of Divine love; that fallen man has so much to do with Christ, when fallen angels have nothing to do with him! Heb 2:16."

This is the reason the swine/demons ran into the Sea of Galilee, known as the Abyss....I am glad this writer mentions it, but didn't understand the whole spiritual intent of this teaching in context.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You, like Mike and Freemind, left the Church long before the abuse scandal came to light. You lost your faith and hope and want us to join you. It's not gonna happen, sorry. Tilt at some other windmill.
Not true again.

I've lost faith in men trying to define "God".

You haven't. In other words, you prefer to listen to fallible men, instead of "that little voice inside you".

Since I've chosen to listen to that voice and utilize what Jesus tried to teach, that puts me right where everyone should be - honest with myself and others, which puts fear outside my world.

Why are you continuing to make things up about me that are untrue?

If you think I;m shaking up your faith, you have a lot to learn about what Jesus actually taught and what your heirarchy teaches.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>I certainly dont agree with hismpremise that this water was the only place reserved for demons.
but here is a Bible vese that might clarify WHY they junped into the water.
When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none.
so they must need water at one time or another.
and we oftimes hear of "sea monsters' such as Loch Ness and more mythical or legendary creatures than are or have been spoken of.
How are men to know what an unclean or clean spirit feels like?

Literally, if one is to research the "spirit", one will find evidence of both good and bad types, but not all bad are "bad" and seem to be trying to make amends. Of course this is speculative by all means, but there is eveidence to support boths sides.

Which would also negate this passage completely.

Cheers!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Citation please - of your comparative atatement. One that includes this comparison.
"The Sea of Galilee was known as the Abyss."
Citation please of this "truth" you supply.
"The swine did not decide to run into the Abyss. This was the only place reserved for demons to exist....(Not some invention of mine.)"
- After all,you have stated that it is '(Not some invention of mine.)'
Thanks!
<quoted text>
Again you divert from providing your citation. Why?
Making up things that are not true is misleading and causes misunderstanding.
Please provide the citation to your claims.
Thanks!
NASL

citation, citation....Why do you ask for them since you don't believe anything that is not direct firsthand to/of yourself?

I can't make you time travel back to Jesus' time, and have you talk to him or anyone else about what the Jewish people symbolically thought of the Sea of Galilee(Gennesaret). So why ask? Don't you think it makes you look stupid? I don't want that....

Can't you just Google it....Sea of Galilee Abyss?
Oh well, I guess I will start you off...,just start with this article, it ties in well with Sea of Galilee, Abyss, Satan, demons......

http://followtherabbi.com/guide/detail/sea-of...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

<quoted text>
I've proven my posts.
This is something I cannot say for you.
NASL

lol. Yes you have proven your posts..., creation/creature is your god. Self/self you call it.

Hmmmm. Oh well, I am not trying to prove anything anyway....
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Anthony think only church going people are generous with their time and money?
"The Bubble boy" needs to get into the real world where everyday good people live and do good deeds everyday.
I think he has told me now maybe 15-20 times that he isn't going to post to many anymore. What a phoney!
He cannot defend absurdity with reason. His assumed spiritual superiority has its drawbacks.

Truth and reality can be especially pesky.

His having to take the side of a big bully against sexually-abused orphans can't be easy for him either.

Of course he replies. He is calling for help. He needs your understanding.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Claypool says.....The Catholic Church has had problems in every decade since Christ. There was bad Priests, Bishops and laity since day one. They all violated Catholic teachings and sinned.
It will be that way for the next 2,000 yrs too.
MICHAEL says..... If the Catholic church was a business, it would have gone out of business 1,990 years ago, according to your description.
...Is the church that dysfunctional that it can't learn from its mistakes?......and according to you, the same mistakes will continue for another 2,000 years.
What a poor track record. Is no one in the church correcting mistakes as they happen?
UNBELIEVABLE!
If Jesus died on the Cross to save 5% of humanity, then it might begin to make sense.

Otherwise, this church is a social, moral, and ethical failure.

That's why Catholics immigrate TO REFORMATION societies and AWAY FROM totalitarian Catholic societies.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••