Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603311 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#416576 Jan 18, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you won't be the first one Regina, I am a very much in your face person. What I have to say I say directly to the person I find fault with, I don't go behind their back.
I don't go to other people and make smart remarks about them,or poke fun when it comes to nasty things that have happened to them as children and they have had no control over.
I disgusted you because I tell you the truth and it hurts, to know everything you believed in as a child is a big fat lie.
You don't have to belong to a denomination to love and serve the Lord Regina.
Its not about you and your church or anyone else its about Jesus .
Don't flatter yourself. You're disgusting because you're an ignorant bigot who takes pride in it. You couldn't tell the truth if your life depended on it. Even with this post you're still lying; it just never stops with you.
Oh, yes, I just remembered, you once posted here that you had a serious problem in the past with telling lies. I'd forgotten about that, it explains a lot. No wonder......

Please don't talk about the Lord to me or anyone else. You have a nerve even mentioning Him in the same post with all your lies and bigotry. It's a wonder lightening doesn't strike you. Get down on your knees and ask forgiveness for your slander. Then when you're finished, you can ask me and the other Catholics here for forgiveness as well.
truth

Perth, Australia

#416577 Jan 18, 2013
if i need i remove 216 planet
3x by 3 as action will be reaction

where is that
don't say he say or she say
its warning to you

calculated 3x heaven
bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmm
where are you liked hide yourself

where?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#416578 Jan 18, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>there is no indication that any of the swine would have known it was called that it was called an abyss and you know it. the Bible was speaking of an actual event, and the writer used the word Sea, not abyss, be accurate or be quiet.
and here is what the verse says,
And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.
here we see that they said"send us into the swine", and that is where they went.
but if you wish to be specific, we can do so. since we are in northern Israel, the langauge spoken would have been Syriac, and that dialect calls it a promentory not an abyss and then they fell into the sea.
and if we really want to get technical, it possibly wasnt even the sea of galilee as one writer tells us where they were at and that place is called Gadara and some scholars believe this was the place since it also has some water that is very dangerous.so if it is that place ,the greek word doesnt enter into this.
BEST NOT TO ADD TO HIS WORD AND THEN NO CONFUSION ENTERS INTO THE DISCUSSION, DO YOU AGREE?
preston

lol....This was Gentile territory. The swine didn't know the Sea was the Abyss, but the demons sure did, since that was their home....(But figurative language is not your forte. So I will just let it go. But thank you for your insight. It gives me pause to ponder this scripture more deeply. I had only saw the surface before, then figuratively, and its moving spiritually now....

And I guess you want to make this only an event. Thats okay by me. Literal and technical meanings are acceptable....Though I see figurative and spiritual meanings....No need to discuss them.(By the way it goes to the Apocalypse, since it was part of Rome..., the Decapolis(10 heads.....lol. Sorry, preston..., the Spirit just starts flowing out of the Scripture....)

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#416579 Jan 18, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
When will you ever believe that God is the giver of EVERY THING!!!!
When will you ever believe that God has created EVERY THING!!!!
Ephesians 3:9
9 and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God,[[[[[who created all things.]]]]]
Even the very AIR that we breath belongs to him.....
Even our children belongs to him.....
So sad that you don't believe this.....
I see that you skillfully avoided all logic and hid behind a bible verse.

Do you have a child? Would you have your child die, at my hands, just so you could forgive me?

Simple logic.
truth

Perth, Australia

#416581 Jan 18, 2013
is that to much 216
-be good

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#416582 Jan 18, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I should have taken bets! I knew that was what your response would be. That's not what I said, now is it? It's okay, the fundie, LTM, made the same comment. She doesn't have a clue either.
Let me put it another way....do you think a woman has the right to choose abortion?
What does my personal opinion matter? I vote for people who hold the same opinions as I do, but in the end, the Supreme Court called the shot.

Here is my opinion, I do not like or agree with abortion as a form of birth control. But when does life begin? A Zygote, in my opinion, is not a life.

Then we have to take the baby into consideration. How many babies are born into abusive families? How many babies are not adopted? When anti-abortionist are adopting all the unwanted babies, then I will believe they care.

In cases of rape, incest, or health, I am not going to force anyone to follow my, in a perfect world, opinion. I am not going to look down on them for making their decision.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#416583 Jan 18, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Ecclesiastes 12:13
13 Now all has been heard;
here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments,
for this is the duty of all mankind.
Fact of life in which you DO NOT believe:
We are Godís created beings created in service to Him and to do His will.
A fact? Really? You believe it, so it is fact? The bible says it, so it is fact? No Truth, it is not a fact. It is a claim made by the writers of the bible.

You are incapable of sitting back and reviewing what you believe and why you believe it.

If god wanted all of us to do his will, he would walk the Earth with us and answer our questions.
truth

Perth, Australia

#416584 Jan 18, 2013
first heaven
second heaven
third heaven
http://carm.org/what-does-it-mean-when-bible-...
disciple

Temecula, CA

#416585 Jan 18, 2013
A touching story I thought you guys would enjoy.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/18/lo...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#416586 Jan 18, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't flatter yourself. You're disgusting because you're an ignorant bigot who takes pride in it. You couldn't tell the truth if your life depended on it. Even with this post you're still lying; it just never stops with you.
Oh, yes, I just remembered, you once posted here that you had a serious problem in the past with telling lies. I'd forgotten about that, it explains a lot. No wonder......
Please don't talk about the Lord to me or anyone else. You have a nerve even mentioning Him in the same post with all your lies and bigotry. It's a wonder lightening doesn't strike you. Get down on your knees and ask forgiveness for your slander. Then when you're finished, you can ask me and the other Catholics here for forgiveness as well.
Lightening strikes?!?! Their is no one to throw them! LOL! Hey, Zeus! This person over here doesn't believe right! Would you hit them with a lightening bolt?

ROTFLMAO! The year is 2013 and you still hope for a god to strike people dead? LOL!
truth

Perth, Australia

#416587 Jan 18, 2013
you are not perfectttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttt

they keep this world so long in darkness
you do this or that

if i need i will remove
who say that
its not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
i just wrote

are you for sure somebody did not know?
its ok without gramma

now
did i need cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo
to much any moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeee

do you liked be good or play god
yessssssss sirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrr
thennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

??????????
??????????
??????????
??????????
some
333333333333333333333333333333 33333333333333333333333
Do you liked God?
Which one?
How many god you have?
Fun Facts

Freeland, MI

#416588 Jan 18, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever sat down and thought about what you believe?
You believe that a god needed his creation, to kill another one of his creations, so that the god could forgive them.
If that was not bad enough! What did the animals ever do to deserve being killed? They were killed in the flood, even though god never said that they did anything wrong. They are required by your god to be killed, just so that god could forgive man?
Does that make any sense to you?
Move ahead a few years and the animals are just not doing it for god. No matter how many animals are being killed, for god, god just cannot get enough death, so that he can forgive man.
What does he do? Depending on how you believe, he either creates a new "special" being or he splits himself into 3rd and send 1/3 of himself to Earth. To a very small community, on Earth, to be killed, just so god can forgive man. But that's not all. Not only did the jesus have to be tortured and killed, the 99% of the world that was not involved, has to blindly believe that all this happened, or they are damned to Hell!
Sit down, read through it a few times and tell me, this makes prefect sense to you.
You may have overlooked...

http://bible.cc/colossians/1-16.htm
http://bible.cc/hebrews/10-5.htm
http://bible.cc/titus/2-13.htm
Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#416589 Jan 18, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Lightening strikes?!?! Their is no one to throw them! LOL! Hey, Zeus! This person over here doesn't believe right! Would you hit them with a lightening bolt?
ROTFLMAO! The year is 2013 and you still hope for a god to strike people dead? LOL!
??

Where did I say I "hoped" for it? It seems to me I said it was a wonder it doesn't.
Lighten up!
(no pun intended)
;)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#416590 Jan 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
As an ex-Catholic, you need to get over it too. Don't they have some good shrooms in your neck if the woods? Maybe that would help.
Yes I am an ex-Catholic, that much is true.

As for me getting over it....oh I have. I've accepted the apologists as they are, and sadly regret the life you have chosen.

As for mushrooms in my part of the states - I'm not sure, I only eat muchrooms I buy from the grocer.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Albuquerque, NM

#416591 Jan 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right, non Catholics are never guilty of using a double standard. Your poor parents....
Again, you are making a suppostion without support.

You Catholics do this often. Why?

Why don't you provide support for your far-fetched claims?

Afraid of the truths, huh?

It's okay, I know where you are in that regard.

Is this why you don't believe Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#416592 Jan 18, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Citation please - of your comparative atatement. One that includes this comparison.
"The Sea of Galilee was known as the Abyss."
Citation please of this "truth" you supply.
"The swine did not decide to run into the Abyss. This was the only place reserved for demons to exist....(Not some invention of mine.)"
- After all,you have stated that it is '(Not some invention of mine.)'
Thanks!
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Fight or flight(citation enough)....The demon infested pigs could not prevail/fight against the Truth, and the demons fled/returned from where they came from, the Sea of Galilee, the Abyss.
Note also while in a storm, the disciples thought they saw a "ghost" walking on the water, when it was Jesus. Beneath the troubled surface was where the demons "lived".
I gave two sites to read concerning Galilee as being the Abyss.
Maybe now you see the analogy of the Titanic going down to the deep cold Atlantic?
Again you divert from providing your citation. Why?

Making up things that are not true is misleading and causes misunderstanding.

Please provide the citation to your claims.

Thanks!

Albuquerque, NM

#416593 Jan 18, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think Michael (or others) have ever expressed an interest in trying to convince anyone "to lose faith and hope".
IMO - he (like those others) posts facts that many Catholics refuse to acknowledge as truths, especially when they relate to those known problems and issues which ARE present in the RCC today.
He also agrees that with these problems and issues in the RCC, there are very few followers who have stood up and organized against those involved in those situations.
You and the other so-called "Catholics" as far as I can say (based upon your posts) you don't get involved.
In other words, you support and help pay for the abuse - through your donations and so-called 'service'. Which leads to a point that you have never answered through honesty - that you don't. Those are the semantics that you and many of those followers refuse to admit.
You aren't honest with yourself or with others in these regards.
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God." - Jesus
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Thankyou.... NASL!
All catholics should read your post, and ask themselves why they too have been so SILENT! when the victims needed them most.
I hope my characterisation was somewhat accurate. I apologize if I was incorrect.

Cheers!

Albuquerque, NM

#416594 Jan 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you say 'no'.
I say 'I don't care what you say, as an ex-Catholic your opinions and suggestions for the Church are meaningless, you should find a more relaxing past time, like paying attention to your wife.'
Not true.

We are still part of the "Church." Thus we get a say, whether you think otherwise.

Albuquerque, NM

#416595 Jan 18, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Well, coming from someone that is programmed to think absolutely everything is relative, and relatively everything is absolute, I can see your point. But you certainly have a hard time proving anything....
I've proven my posts.

This is something I cannot say for you.

Albuquerque, NM

#416596 Jan 18, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
You called my post prophetic....That it may be. Only time will reveal it.
All I can add is that things will deteriorate more in the U.S., until/unless there is a return to faith in God.
Your prophecy is heresy whether you think it is or not.

No, "a return to faith in God" is not the answer.

Knowing yourself, using honesty, will bring one closer to "God" than anything else.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 4 hr Catholic24 84,412
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 12 hr 3Way4me 9,681
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Sun Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web