Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
401,341 - 401,360 of 538,968 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

Since: Nov 08

usa

#416524 Jan 18, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you consider murder a greater or lesser evil than abuse?
abuse is the more evil of the two,murder,you are killed no pain no suffering because all senses stop.abuse is a life time of pain and suffering for many who can not get beyond it through therapy,they turn to drug and alcohol abuse in many cases,my nephew did and we put a stop to it before it got to far out of control,it took about 20 yrs before he could really put it to rest, met a nice girl who seems to of helped him out a lot and they were married not to long ago.what the church allowed was pure evil,and they want to claim to be gods true church.extremely doubtful.it can not be proven in any way shape or form no matter how you try to interperate the scriptures.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#416523 Jan 18, 2013
marge wrote:
Once a true believer dies they are forever with God, period.
Romans 14:9

9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of [both] the ~~~~~dead and the living.~~~~~

usa

#416525 Jan 18, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
jethro8, let me start off with I hope you're feeling comfortable.
You are no heathen. Personally, I like preston, but if he doesn't like you it does NOT matter. You ask practical questions, as do I, and people brainwashed with prior beliefs, even when they make no sense, fall apart, get angry, and take it out on the "questioner" because they feel threatened and can't debate it. You've done nothing wrong. If you ask a question, or present a scenario and they can't come up with a plausible explanation, that's THEIR problem. If they really delve into certain Catholic beliefs, they will realize a lot of "dogma" simply is not true. However, if they admit that to themselves, their house of cards would tumble and they'd know that many things they'd believed since childhood are often no more than pious legends. They cannot face truth. You and I can, and so can many others here, even if we don't like it. This pope is a total idiot and was voted in for dishonest reasons, one of them being they knew the old fool wouldn't change anything and they also wanted the stories of the sex scandals minimized. So, look at their leadership - dishonesty and sneakiness from the top down. Talk to you soon.
i feel comfortable,doesn't bother me what i am called,i didn't write the history i post, the church created it, i just post what they try to hide or deflect themselves away from,i can understand, it is hard to deal with this problem when you spent your whole life involved with the same religion and just listened and took their word for being honest and truthful,then the darkside comes out and people just try to ignore it or do everything possible to deny it,and your right benny is pope for the very reason you stated to keep the abuse problem as low key as possible,he was in charge of the committee that over looked priest behavior so he has full knowledge of everything that went on and the church wants it kept hidden so he is pope and has diplomatic immunity,which is an injustice to all their victims as well as victims other than the church.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#416526 Jan 18, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
"absent from the body present with the Lord"
This simply means following the resurrection their next waking moment will be with a glorified new body. There are no disembodied spirits floating on clouds. All who have ever lived are today in the grave awaiting Jesus' call to resurrection.
Luther understood this Bible truth
http://biblelight.net/luther-tyndale.htm
There is no immortality before then. Only Jesus has immortality. Mary is in the grave. The Catholic 'virgin mary' is some demon.
2 Corinthians 5:1-9

5 For we know that if the earthly tent (PHYSICAL BODY) we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house (SPIRITUAL BODY) in heaven, not built by human hands.

2 Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling,(SPIRITUAL BODY)

3 because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked.

4 For while we are in this tent,(PHYSICAL BODY) we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling,(SPIRITUAL BODY) so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.

5 [[[[[Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God,]]]]] who has given us the ~Spirit as a deposit,~ guaranteeing what is to come.

6 Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body (PHYSICAL BODY) we are away from the Lord.

7 For we live by faith, not by sight.

8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body (PHYSICAL BODY) and at home with the Lord.(SPIRITUAL BODY)

9 So we make it our [goal] to please him,(DOING HIS WILL) whether we are at home in the body or away from it.

The spiritual (SPIRITUAL BODY) is not first, but the natural,(PHYSICAL BODY) and afterward the spiritual.(SPIRITUAL BODY)

usa

#416527 Jan 18, 2013
gotta go,be back later.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#416528 Jan 18, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me? Hello?
well that's sad you left Him but He never left you little D, like I asked my morman friend, you no longer believe on Jesus that He paid your sin debt?
little dummy do as big dummy.
Marge,

You wrote:

you left Him but He never left you

Think about what you just said here!!!

Fall away......

You wrote: you left Him......falling away, backslide

Can we fall away from Him???

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Hebrews 10:38-39

38 And,

“But my righteous one (CHRISTIAN) will live by faith.
And I take NO pleasure
in the one who ~~~shrinks back.”~~~(FALL AWAY)

39 But we do not BELONG to those who shrink back (FALL AWAY) and are destroyed,[[[but to those who have faith and are saved.]]]

Hebrews 10:38-39

38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back,*****my soul shall have no pleasure in him.*****

39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

*****my soul shall have no pleasure in him....*****

Think about what this means, Marge!

And, no, Disciple never left Him....he found out the false teachings of the doctrine OSAS......
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#416529 Jan 18, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>don't be sorry,everyone is afraid of the dark.
God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
Pat

Granby, CT

#416530 Jan 18, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
Jack Daniels is light; in him there is no darkness at all, says the drunk. God is your bottle of booze because you can't cope.
truth

Perth, Australia

#416531 Jan 18, 2013
Did light belong to someone before but stolen?

Maybe deference elements can created light.
truth

Perth, Australia

#416532 Jan 18, 2013
Did wicket people can created memory lose?
Why they are holy if they are not holy where they will go?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#416533 Jan 18, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Jack Daniels is light; in him there is no darkness at all, says the drunk. God is your bottle of booze because you can't cope.
lol......

You couldn't be farther from the truth.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#416534 Jan 18, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus’ blood overcomes all the darkness of sin.
preston

Waverly, OH

#416535 Jan 18, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always agreed with this but still believe most of the time we are 'asleep in Jesus' or 'resting', till the GLORIOUS DAY OF THE LORD!
asleep in Jesus would mean taht we died as a Believer, and resting means the same thing, but I sincerely doubt if we will be resting vey much in Heaven, there is work to do there also, to Prepare the guests that are coming later.
preston

Waverly, OH

#416536 Jan 18, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a heathen because i post the truth about the church that nobody likes to hear? they made a statement,
the statement that you made was about me being a bully on this forum because karen and I were talking about eating bean soup and it dribbling on my chin, and I asked her if she had the same problem, so that was none of your business with you acting smart about it.

as far as you being a heathen, look up what the word means.never mind, I did it 4 U.

3. Informal
a. One who is regarded as irreligious, uncivilized, or unenlightened.
in your case, "irreligious".
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#416537 Jan 18, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying is not the same as disagreement.
You people always try to whitewash your false witness by pretending that it's nothing more than a difference of opinion.
Then you cry bloody murder when you're called on it. Grow up.
You're not worth getting angry over. You do disgust me, however.
Well you won't be the first one Regina, I am a very much in your face person. What I have to say I say directly to the person I find fault with, I don't go behind their back.
I don't go to other people and make smart remarks about them,or poke fun when it comes to nasty things that have happened to them as children and they have had no control over.
I disgusted you because I tell you the truth and it hurts, to know everything you believed in as a child is a big fat lie.
You don't have to belong to a denomination to love and serve the Lord Regina.
Its not about you and your church or anyone else its about Jesus .
truth

Perth, Australia

#416538 Jan 18, 2013
i return from funeral today..just come 30 minutes early..but i fill resting place oh my god..i did not say nothing to my companion after all they not understood not necessary explain anything..complete spirit from other side line of resting graveyards..yes ahhhhhhh complete going toward meeee oh my god why me?..i can't sleep!I don't liked go on funeral no.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416539 Jan 18, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Your assumption and attempt at character assassination is completely without merit.
Will some people never be able to forgive? I have no doubt of that. Will anything short of destruction of the church be enough for some? I have no doubt. Who will be the next to blame when the problem doesnt go away? Will some get angry if prayers are asked for the abusers so that they may be healed of their sickness. Yes Will some say prayer is a waste of time and nonsense. Yes 100% approval ratings about whatever anyone does is very rare especially when you have been around for 2000 years.
Actually calls for prayer for victims, private meetings with victims, counseling, the urging of victims to come foreward, prayers, fasting and special vigils along with submissions of policies by Bishops and reports of procedures that are in place and sharing of new ideas of prevention are commonplace.
abuse victim Marie Collins spoke at a special gathering of Bishops who came together to pray and she said:
Lord, as one acquainted with great sorrows,
you know how difficult it is for us to forgive
those who have done us evil and
only your love can open ourselves to this gift:
we ask you for the strength to unite us to
the forgiveness that, from the cross, you made descend
upon sinful humanity as a healing balm,
so that also thy Church may be healed by our forgiveness.
“Forgive them.”
http://bangordailynews.com/2011/03/26/news/ca...
Dust, stop the denial. You are better than that.

I will reply directly to your 3 questions.

Q1... Dust asks -- "Will some people never be able to forgive?"

A1... Free answers -- For most of the victims, probably not. For forgiveness, rest of the world wants the exact same thing the RCC say wants. Start with a full confession. The penance and atonement come later.

Be honest with yourself and others -- using diplomatic immunity on three fronts is a long way from a FULL CONFESSION. What happened in Ireland recently? Start with a FULL CONFESSION.

Q2... Dust -- "Will anything short of destruction of the church be enough for some?"

A2... Free Mind -- See Answer #1. No Dust, start with a FULL CONFESSION. Stop using diplomatic immunity and other tactics to block the honest-to-God truth.

Q3... Dust -- "Who will be the next to blame when the problem doesn't go away?"

A3... Free Mind -- This is denial, pure and simple and it hardly makes sense. The RCC has been the one to point fingers... the American media, over-zealous police, society in general, blah, blah. The RCC and Dust need to stop playing the victim. See A#1.

In conclusion....

The largest child sex-abuse scandal and COVER-UP in world history has EVERYTHING to do with the TOPIC OF THIS BOARD.

The "ONLY TRUE" thing may have worked when few humans could read and never ventured more than 12 miles from were they were born. But the Age of Knowledge has doomed those absurd old mystical claims forever.

The RCC has painted itself into a corner. Dust, help change this delusional old church for the better.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#416541 Jan 18, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
We can pray for people all the time, husbands, wifes, children, friends.
For salvation, healing etc. but these people we pray for must be a live and we are never to pray to them.- Yes Agree
Nor are we to dead people Agree
Nor are we to pray for dead.- Disagree
Once a person soul leaves the body they are either in heaven with the Lord or they are in Hell, and will remind there for all eternity. Disagree. Their Spirit/breath goes back to God which gave it. The Body goes back to the earth and all thoughts persish til resurrection day.
To day is the day of Salvation, chose this day to do good not evil. Agree today is the day we decide to say yes to the Lord or Deny him.
(Disagree. Their Spirit/breath goes back to God which gave it. The Body goes back to the earth and all thoughts persish til resurrection day.)

Agree. LOL
truth

Perth, Australia

#416540 Jan 18, 2013
About planets..yes..i think i don't know what stay in my subconsciousness=as reserve as filling i touching something unknown..oh..i think we have huge huge and huge planet with soul where resting soul which we can't count on Earth.
I liked that you understood even if i can't express myself on your diploma way.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416542 Jan 18, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Your assumption and attempt at character assassination is completely without merit.
Will some people never be able to forgive? I have no doubt of that. Will anything short of destruction of the church be enough for some? I have no doubt. Who will be the next to blame when the problem doesnt go away? Will some get angry if prayers are asked for the abusers so that they may be healed of their sickness. Yes Will some say prayer is a waste of time and nonsense. Yes 100% approval ratings about whatever anyone does is very rare especially when you have been around for 2000 years.
Actually calls for prayer for victims, private meetings with victims, counseling, the urging of victims to come foreward, prayers, fasting and special vigils along with submissions of policies by Bishops and reports of procedures that are in place and sharing of new ideas of prevention are commonplace.
abuse victim Marie Collins spoke at a special gathering of Bishops who came together to pray and she said:
Lord, as one acquainted with great sorrows,
you know how difficult it is for us to forgive
those who have done us evil and
only your love can open ourselves to this gift:
we ask you for the strength to unite us to
the forgiveness that, from the cross, you made descend
upon sinful humanity as a healing balm,
so that also thy Church may be healed by our forgiveness.
“Forgive them.”
http://bangordailynews.com/2011/03/26/news/ca...
Dust-in-denial writes -- "Actually calls for prayer for victims, private meetings with victims, counseling, the urging of victims to come foreward, prayers, fasting and special vigils along with submissions of policies by Bishops and reports of procedures that are in place and sharing of new ideas of prevention are commonplace."

One hand does one thing while the other hand does another. While all the prayers, fasting and vigils have been gloriously happening, the other hand has been blocking investigations on many fronts.

Stop the denial. Denial doesn't work. THINK -- Ireland didn't break diplomatic relations with the Vatican because there were not enough prayer vigils.

How does the RCC honestly counsel victims without first providing a full confession to the world?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••