Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,910
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#416517 Jan 18, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a heathen because i post the truth about the church that nobody likes to hear? they made a statement,i am looking for proof of that statement and there is none,it is all man made frabrication,there is nothing written in scriptures that supports their "lie",people who are long time members are hurt by the truth that they so heartely believed in,they refuse to except the fact the church is not what it claims to be,the more you dig into it's history the uglier it gets,I can understand why they do things behind closed doors because most of what they do is would be considered illegal in most countries.And now they have a criminal (and he is no denying it)for a pope who has no idea how to be one,but then again it doesn't matter,there is a council that makes all the deccissions behind "CLOSED" doors,the world knows why he is pope and so do i,to keep him quiet,he knows exactly what was going on and who is/was doing it,and as he said,and i quote "i did it for the good of the church,i didn't think it could handle another scandal"unquote,if they were not guilty of anything why would a pope write a letter of apology to the world?? like that really helps,they lie and hide assets to keep from paying victims of abuse,they launder money for a murderous rackettering organization,and commit bank fraud,and who knows what else they have done that we don't know about yet.it is sad what has happened,a lot of people believed in the church,and they (no pun intended)got screwed,i feel sorry for catholic people,at least those who are smart enough to see the truth and get out of what i would have to call "satans church" more than gods/jesus' church just by it's despicable history,they killed for no good reason except to get people to follow it teachings and wipe out other religions and dominate the religious world,and make a very nice profit along the way.and i blame governments for letting them get away with things that the average person or company could never do.the churches reign is coming to an end slowly but suredly people are leaving in disgust of the abuse and islam has targeted the church for critisizing their religion,the bombing of churches has allready started and i doubt it will end until they get to vatican city,muslims take their religion very very seriously,the church once again made a dumb a$$ mistake that they and maybe innocent people are going to pay for.
jethro8, let me start off with I hope you're feeling comfortable.

You are no heathen. Personally, I like preston, but if he doesn't like you it does NOT matter. You ask practical questions, as do I, and people brainwashed with prior beliefs, even when they make no sense, fall apart, get angry, and take it out on the "questioner" because they feel threatened and can't debate it. You've done nothing wrong. If you ask a question, or present a scenario and they can't come up with a plausible explanation, that's THEIR problem. If they really delve into certain Catholic beliefs, they will realize a lot of "dogma" simply is not true. However, if they admit that to themselves, their house of cards would tumble and they'd know that many things they'd believed since childhood are often no more than pious legends. They cannot face truth. You and I can, and so can many others here, even if we don't like it. This pope is a total idiot and was voted in for dishonest reasons, one of them being they knew the old fool wouldn't change anything and they also wanted the stories of the sex scandals minimized. So, look at their leadership - dishonesty and sneakiness from the top down. Talk to you soon.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#416518 Jan 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Couple things Jethro.
first: I don't believe your last part of the story about the CC wanting to charge people to use their old rectory as a food shelf. You guys really want to believe it, but I'm guessing somebody has got some info wrong.
Second: The Roman Catholic Church compiled the New Testament Bible in the 4th century, using the writings they determined to be inspired to them. If you have evidence to the contrary, id like to see it.
Third: How come God said "Do not make unto thee any graven images"... Then later, commanded the Israelites to make graven images of Angels?
could it be that the first one had to do with worshiping false gods, and had nothing to do with a general rule on images themselves?
the last part i stated about the church renting out it's own building is true,to find out call the town hall of weymouth,mass. ask if they pay the church rent for the building (if they are still using it,i'm not sure)on the grounds of the immaculate conception church on broad st. in weymouth.can't say if they will tell you,but if you want the truth go to the source.as far as the commandments go they were given to moses,and it clearly states in the book of exodus that is where they appear first,you would think they would be in the very first book,but then again we don't know exactly what order things were written in,to much manhandling went on, esspecially by emporer constantine and his group of scholars,books were burned,why??,who gave them the right to do so? it is not written anywhere that man is to read every book and decide forhimself what is true and what is not,so since the commandments appear in more than one book, which do you choose? the first or second time they appear?then altered by a church created by man? if you had to choose, the first time they appear would be the true commandments to follow,and have they been altered?? we'll never know the truth unless god appears and tells us,the catholic church altered the commandments to profit from them,which they do very well at,it can not be denied they franchised/copywrited christianity along with the name catholic so no one could use the name to profit from except the church,i believe it started with pieces of wood with feathers and other trinkets added and claimed the wood was from the cross which jesus was cruxified on,and people fell for it,because they really want to believe because we are all afraid to die,Tell me what book isit written that god said to create carved images of angels??

usa

#416519 Jan 18, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times have you and other catholics on here posted that you DON'T PRAY TO MARY you pray WITH MARY?
I see a lot of praying TO Mary here.
http://www.catholic.org/prayers/prayer.php...
BUSTED!
they'll deny it but you can also find prayers to mary in their first communion hand book which i have a copy of......did you see the post where i have been declared the forum heathen? speak the truth and you shall be punished,lie and a great reward awaits you! must be another catholic tradition,there is so many to keep track of.

usa

#416520 Jan 18, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
FREE MIND.... I NEVER SAID that I approve of ANY sin--- IN or OUT of the Church...... You have become an "expert" at "making things up and distorting the truth" which is typical of most bible only Protestants..... You, like other, anti-Catholic (condemning and judgemental bible only "buffoons" will "twist, distort, misrepresent, exaggerate and SAY or DO ANTHING" (in order to keep your vengeance, deception, hate and hostility --"heated up" against the TRUTH of the TRUE FACTS, regarding Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church......Spreading your Protestant (anti-catholic)(propaganda)ven om is about all that your "bible only (half-truth, half-heresy) Christian beliefs" are based upon.....You and others have proven, over and over and over again...that.NONE OF YOU Protestants on this forum, can exist--without attacking (OUR CATHOLIC FAITH, OUR CATHOLIC CHURCH (established by Jesus HIMSELF and the historical and biblical PROVEN TRUTH OF Our Lord Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church(the Bride of Christ)
(established by Jesus HIMSELF and the historical and biblical PROVEN TRUTH OF Our Lord Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church(the Bride of Christ) JETHRO:you say this all the time but you never show where it is written that jesus says that his church is the catholic church,which is utterly rediculous since he is jewish,and the book of mathew which you constantly rely on does not mention the word catholic,and to quote jesus directly he clearly states quote "MY CHURCH" unquote,now tell me how you conclude from that he is talking about the catholic church?? and the fact apostpolic succession does not exist? it's time to either show this authentic proof you allways talk about or just admit the fact "the true fact" that you nor anyone else can prove the catholic church is as you said the bride of christ. there is not one scrap of paper that says any name to his church except from a man named ignatius.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#416521 Jan 18, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to let you know cowboy. I think you were right all along about osas.
But it was not easy to come to the conclusion. It did take me this long.
My apologies to you.
Praise the Lord that you have found out about the false teachings of OSAS.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#416522 Jan 18, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always agreed with this but still believe most of the time we are 'asleep in Jesus' or 'resting', till the GLORIOUS DAY OF THE LORD!
1 Thessalonians 5:10

10 He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him.

usa

#416524 Jan 18, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you consider murder a greater or lesser evil than abuse?
abuse is the more evil of the two,murder,you are killed no pain no suffering because all senses stop.abuse is a life time of pain and suffering for many who can not get beyond it through therapy,they turn to drug and alcohol abuse in many cases,my nephew did and we put a stop to it before it got to far out of control,it took about 20 yrs before he could really put it to rest, met a nice girl who seems to of helped him out a lot and they were married not to long ago.what the church allowed was pure evil,and they want to claim to be gods true church.extremely doubtful.it can not be proven in any way shape or form no matter how you try to interperate the scriptures.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#416523 Jan 18, 2013
marge wrote:
Once a true believer dies they are forever with God, period.
Romans 14:9

9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of [both] the ~~~~~dead and the living.~~~~~

usa

#416525 Jan 18, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
jethro8, let me start off with I hope you're feeling comfortable.
You are no heathen. Personally, I like preston, but if he doesn't like you it does NOT matter. You ask practical questions, as do I, and people brainwashed with prior beliefs, even when they make no sense, fall apart, get angry, and take it out on the "questioner" because they feel threatened and can't debate it. You've done nothing wrong. If you ask a question, or present a scenario and they can't come up with a plausible explanation, that's THEIR problem. If they really delve into certain Catholic beliefs, they will realize a lot of "dogma" simply is not true. However, if they admit that to themselves, their house of cards would tumble and they'd know that many things they'd believed since childhood are often no more than pious legends. They cannot face truth. You and I can, and so can many others here, even if we don't like it. This pope is a total idiot and was voted in for dishonest reasons, one of them being they knew the old fool wouldn't change anything and they also wanted the stories of the sex scandals minimized. So, look at their leadership - dishonesty and sneakiness from the top down. Talk to you soon.
i feel comfortable,doesn't bother me what i am called,i didn't write the history i post, the church created it, i just post what they try to hide or deflect themselves away from,i can understand, it is hard to deal with this problem when you spent your whole life involved with the same religion and just listened and took their word for being honest and truthful,then the darkside comes out and people just try to ignore it or do everything possible to deny it,and your right benny is pope for the very reason you stated to keep the abuse problem as low key as possible,he was in charge of the committee that over looked priest behavior so he has full knowledge of everything that went on and the church wants it kept hidden so he is pope and has diplomatic immunity,which is an injustice to all their victims as well as victims other than the church.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#416526 Jan 18, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
"absent from the body present with the Lord"
This simply means following the resurrection their next waking moment will be with a glorified new body. There are no disembodied spirits floating on clouds. All who have ever lived are today in the grave awaiting Jesus' call to resurrection.
Luther understood this Bible truth
http://biblelight.net/luther-tyndale.htm
There is no immortality before then. Only Jesus has immortality. Mary is in the grave. The Catholic 'virgin mary' is some demon.
2 Corinthians 5:1-9

5 For we know that if the earthly tent (PHYSICAL BODY) we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house (SPIRITUAL BODY) in heaven, not built by human hands.

2 Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling,(SPIRITUAL BODY)

3 because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked.

4 For while we are in this tent,(PHYSICAL BODY) we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling,(SPIRITUAL BODY) so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.

5 [[[[[Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God,]]]]] who has given us the ~Spirit as a deposit,~ guaranteeing what is to come.

6 Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body (PHYSICAL BODY) we are away from the Lord.

7 For we live by faith, not by sight.

8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body (PHYSICAL BODY) and at home with the Lord.(SPIRITUAL BODY)

9 So we make it our [goal] to please him,(DOING HIS WILL) whether we are at home in the body or away from it.

The spiritual (SPIRITUAL BODY) is not first, but the natural,(PHYSICAL BODY) and afterward the spiritual.(SPIRITUAL BODY)

usa

#416527 Jan 18, 2013
gotta go,be back later.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#416528 Jan 18, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me? Hello?
well that's sad you left Him but He never left you little D, like I asked my morman friend, you no longer believe on Jesus that He paid your sin debt?
little dummy do as big dummy.
Marge,

You wrote:

you left Him but He never left you

Think about what you just said here!!!

Fall away......

You wrote: you left Him......falling away, backslide

Can we fall away from Him???

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Hebrews 10:38-39

38 And,

“But my righteous one (CHRISTIAN) will live by faith.
And I take NO pleasure
in the one who ~~~shrinks back.”~~~(FALL AWAY)

39 But we do not BELONG to those who shrink back (FALL AWAY) and are destroyed,[[[but to those who have faith and are saved.]]]

Hebrews 10:38-39

38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back,*****my soul shall have no pleasure in him.*****

39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

*****my soul shall have no pleasure in him....*****

Think about what this means, Marge!

And, no, Disciple never left Him....he found out the false teachings of the doctrine OSAS......
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#416529 Jan 18, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>don't be sorry,everyone is afraid of the dark.
God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
Pat

Granby, CT

#416530 Jan 18, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
Jack Daniels is light; in him there is no darkness at all, says the drunk. God is your bottle of booze because you can't cope.
truth

Perth, Australia

#416531 Jan 18, 2013
Did light belong to someone before but stolen?

Maybe deference elements can created light.
truth

Perth, Australia

#416532 Jan 18, 2013
Did wicket people can created memory lose?
Why they are holy if they are not holy where they will go?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#416533 Jan 18, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Jack Daniels is light; in him there is no darkness at all, says the drunk. God is your bottle of booze because you can't cope.
lol......

You couldn't be farther from the truth.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#416534 Jan 18, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus’ blood overcomes all the darkness of sin.
preston

Waverly, OH

#416535 Jan 18, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always agreed with this but still believe most of the time we are 'asleep in Jesus' or 'resting', till the GLORIOUS DAY OF THE LORD!
asleep in Jesus would mean taht we died as a Believer, and resting means the same thing, but I sincerely doubt if we will be resting vey much in Heaven, there is work to do there also, to Prepare the guests that are coming later.
preston

Waverly, OH

#416536 Jan 18, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a heathen because i post the truth about the church that nobody likes to hear? they made a statement,
the statement that you made was about me being a bully on this forum because karen and I were talking about eating bean soup and it dribbling on my chin, and I asked her if she had the same problem, so that was none of your business with you acting smart about it.

as far as you being a heathen, look up what the word means.never mind, I did it 4 U.

3. Informal
a. One who is regarded as irreligious, uncivilized, or unenlightened.
in your case, "irreligious".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 min Crazy 8,539
Voices: In Cuba, a new church, a ray of hope 19 hr Dan Winchester 3
Pope pushes back at creationists Thu SpaceBlues 1
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Wed ELIAS IBARRA 47
Pope condemns gay equality laws (Feb '10) Wed kent 70
German Bishop: Gays a Condemned to Hella (Jun '10) Wed tonyintoronto 65
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Oct 27 Atheist Silurist 23

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE