Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,471
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416391 Jan 17, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Michael, you and I are now "gay" --- because that's all they have.
If you or I were on a Catholic Forum, they might have a point. But they fail to remember the TOPIC of this board.
Is their "ONE-TRUE" Church spiritually superior... or not?
Obviously NOT, because their only come-backs are "gay," idiot," etc.
That make me proud.
We are persecuted by creeps - for defending TRUTH, JUSTICE, and AMERICA.
Keep up the great work sir.
Catholics don't even follow the good ways of Jesus. Did Jesus ask the blind man if he was gay or a pimp? Of course not, he fixed him right up. But what about all the other blind men/women in jerusulem that didn't meet Jesus? Oh well too bad for them.

When Jesus fed exactly 5,000 hungry people loaves and fishes, did he sort out the gays, lesbians, crooks, and limbless people and put them in a seperate group? Of course not, he fed them all, and sent them on their way.

Catholics have gotten right off track of what their mankind obligations are. Helping everyone in need, not making fun or discrediting marginal people.

If the roman catholic church didn't fall into the scandal pit every few months I would only be recording good news about the church. Nobody is interested in good news stories.

How many newspapers, and news agencies would still be in business if they weren't cranking out daily scandals, murders, rapes, plane crashes, and earthquakes. BAD NEWS SELLS!

It won't work, as long as the church keeps cranking out scandals I will report them.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#416392 Jan 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is worst to kill the body, or tho kill both body and soul.
Why are you having such a difficult time answering the question?

The atheist person, Black Swan or whomever, saw fit to counter Robert's post about the Church's pro-life position with something about prayers for abuse victims. He is unaware that the Church does pray for them, so his response didn't have the dramatic effect he was hoping for. He also fails to see the connection, as do you and Little Miss Mikey-Poo. There's also a connection between contraception and abortion, which of course connects to euthanasia, making a stop-over at such places as abuse in all its forms.

There's a bigger picture here and it appears the Catholic Church is the only one to see it, and has seen it for many, many years.

See Pope Paul VI's Encyclical Letter "Humanae Vitae".
http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/paul_vi/enc...
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#416393 Jan 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. I don't think you read/understood this article. A bishop, from that era, who is a moderate/liberal, was PASSED OVER in favor of a much more conservative bishop, also of that era, who is an outspoken critic of the hippie-faction, gay priests, women's ordination, etc. And it's all coming from the top. Pope Benedict is cleaning house of the gay hippie priests and bishops, the radical feminist, abortion supporting, gay rights nuns and the "lavender" seminary faculties. It's pissing them all off, and you too. Get over it. Don't worry about it, you're not Catholic anymore.
I like how Fr Z refers to the National Catholic Repoter as Fishwrap. lol http://wdtprs.com/blog/2012/10/archbp-nienste...
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416394 Jan 17, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>regardless of what mike says.
GREEN CHECKMARK.
when I make a spelling errors(which is often), my computer goes to teh last line, and i have to go up to where more errors are, and start looking again for more. and many times when I scroll down, I get kicked off of IE, losing the Tab.I use a refurbished tower and someone really never brought it up to date.
and sometimes, when I go back to insert a letter, another letter is deleted and I have to type the whole paragraph or sentance over again.
and I have seen several people that have said they cant judge posts, but if he thinks that I can, great, gives him more to worry about. he is like some old bitty that doesnt have anything else to do, just like those amish ladies that "gossip" since they dont have TV to watch, according to jolin(or whatever his name is).BUT ALL OF THEM KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON CONCERNING THIS SHOW.LOL
If you have a cheap computer and it doesn't work properly, than sell one of your 9 horses and get up to speed. We can't wait for posters who don't have spell check, and can't type sentences or paragraphs properly because your 1979 computer with serial number 000001 isn't working right.

Interesting, we can give you judgees but you can't give them back.

You are not fooling anyone Presto!

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416395 Jan 17, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>woodrow, my pastor always told us that jesus is hidden in the OT, and revealed in the NT. works for me.
people can take a verse here or there and make a doctrine out of it, but that isnt how it is supposed to be
Preston says......woodrow, my pastor always told us that jesus is hidden in the OT.

Michael says.......so you are going to tell Jewish people who wrote the OT that they wrote THEIR OWN BOOK wrong, and interpret their own book incorrectly?(lol) and tell the NT writers that they were right?(lol)

What authority is this Woodrow? Who would name their kid Woodrow?

If Jews do not believe in sons of God, why would Jesus be hiding in the OT?(lol)

ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#416396 Jan 17, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I like how Fr Z refers to the National Catholic Repoter as Fishwrap. lol http://wdtprs.com/blog/2012/10/archbp-nienste...
LOL, I know, I love when he says that!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416397 Jan 17, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
FACT: Did you know that millions of roman catholics read the fishwrap? Did you know that Catholic nun Sister Maureen Fiedler and other catholic nuns, write columns in the fishwrap and sister Fieldr is also on over 70 radio stations across america broadcast into loving catholic homes and the voice of the NUNS IN AMERICA?.......Did you know that many roman catholic priests also comment in the NATIONAL CATHOLIC REPORTER.

The fishwrap gets a lot of attention, from catholics who call it the fishwrap.

LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#416398 Jan 17, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>woodrow, my pastor always told us that jesus is hidden in the OT, and revealed in the NT. works for me.
people can take a verse here or there and make a doctrine out of it, but that isnt how it is supposed to be
I agree with that too, Preston.
Anthony MN

Eden Prairie, MN

#416399 Jan 17, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Fr. Z is great. So is Archbp. Nienstedt (he confirmed by youngest son a few years ago).

Fr. Z. "We have the promise of the Lord that Hell would not prevail. He did not promise that Hell would not prevail in the USA."

;0)
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416400 Jan 17, 2013

Catholics in New Jersey ANGRY!

.....Priests kicked out of parish in NJ because the diocese won't pay the parishes bills.

http://ncronline.org/news/faith-parish/new-je...

unbelievable!

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416401 Jan 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Fr. Z is great. So is Archbp. Nienstedt (he confirmed by youngest son a few years ago).
Fr. Z. "We have the promise of the Lord that Hell would not prevail. He did not promise that Hell would not prevail in the USA."
;0)
The catholic church is deeply divided today between RIGHT WING APOLOGIST catholics like you who do what you are told, and the vast majority today of liberal catholics who aren't afraid of change, and not afraid to speak up on issues.

Remember just 40 years ago, conservative catholics were the vast majority and ruled the church..... What happened?

Today we have priests forming UNIONS. Nuns defying the vatican, and these are the MOST holy of catholics, and wanting to open the windows of the church to let the old stale air out.

When the holiest members of your church are going against the status quo of your church leaders, what happens next?

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416402 Jan 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. I don't think you read/understood this article. A bishop, from that era, who is a moderate/liberal, was PASSED OVER in favor of a much more conservative bishop, also of that era, who is an outspoken critic of the hippie-faction, gay priests, women's ordination, etc. And it's all coming from the top. Pope Benedict is cleaning house of the gay hippie priests and bishops, the radical feminist, abortion supporting, gay rights nuns and the "lavender" seminary faculties. It's pissing them all off, and you too. Get over it. Don't worry about it, you're not Catholic anymore.
Not pissing me off. Thats good news!

LTM

#416403 Jan 17, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>loosen up on reggie, she is really a good person. your disagreement is with what her church teaches or believes, and shouldnt be used as a personal attack on her or anyone else that is catholic.
she defends her faith and beliefs just as i do or you.dont blame her for that. ok?
Preston, I use to think like that towards Regina also.
She befriend me, I thought we were close.
When I went to another thread I really wasn't going to come back on here.
When I did Regina was over here shooting me in the back, and poking fun at me with Anthony.
I lost respect for her for that pretending to be one thing and turned out to be another.
I believe she is some one else who was on here too, but I can't remember the name, its not StarC.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416404 Jan 17, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Free Mind
No. I am saying you must use prudence and temperance when justice is involved.
Just because someone is accused does not mean it happens. Therefore, one must use prudence when dealing with such matters, and not condemn individuals or whole organizations on account of a few....
When an injustice is done, then it can be dealt with. Prevention is an easy word to say. And the trust issue will be a long time coming....

Robert, I agree 100%-- "Just because someone is accused does not mean it happens."

So why use diplomatic immunity to stop an investigation?

And never forget, single individuals do not have immunity. That is only granted at the institutional level.

Are you sure we're talking about the Church that claims to be uniquely guided by Jesus, "perfect teachings" on faith and morals?

Because if we're talking about THAT Church, sorry but God is greater than that, so the claim has to be wrong.

Robert, stop making excuses for obvious wrongs?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#416405 Jan 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
?
Follow along NASaL.
Oh I am.

I can see how you think you are self-important, when in fact you really aren't that special.

Maybe you should follow a little closer to what I'm posting to better understand your shortcomings when it comes to religion.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416406 Jan 17, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics don't even follow the good ways of Jesus. Did Jesus ask the blind man if he was gay or a pimp? Of course not, he fixed him right up. But what about all the other blind men/women in jerusulem that didn't meet Jesus? Oh well too bad for them.
When Jesus fed exactly 5,000 hungry people loaves and fishes, did he sort out the gays, lesbians, crooks, and limbless people and put them in a seperate group? Of course not, he fed them all, and sent them on their way.
Catholics have gotten right off track of what their mankind obligations are. Helping everyone in need, not making fun or discrediting marginal people.
If the roman catholic church didn't fall into the scandal pit every few months I would only be recording good news about the church. Nobody is interested in good news stories.
How many newspapers, and news agencies would still be in business if they weren't cranking out daily scandals, murders, rapes, plane crashes, and earthquakes. BAD NEWS SELLS!
It won't work, as long as the church keeps cranking out scandals I will report them.
We know that most Catholics aren't into this superior morality thing.

Most don't attend Mass regularly and could care less about the absurd "ONLY TRUE PERFECT" claim.

Then there are the RCC fundies here, who ask no questions and stand with Goliath against justice for orphans and deaf children.

These are known as "creeps."

Ireland had to break diplomatic relations before the creep leadership saw the light and shed a little creepiness. But here, the creeps are still in denial.
LTM

#416407 Jan 17, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you having such a difficult time answering the question?
The atheist person, Black Swan or whomever, saw fit to counter Robert's post about the Church's pro-life position with something about prayers for abuse victims. He is unaware that the Church does pray for them, so his response didn't have the dramatic effect he was hoping for. He also fails to see the connection, as do you and Little Miss Mikey-Poo. There's also a connection between contraception and abortion, which of course connects to euthanasia, making a stop-over at such places as abuse in all its forms.
There's a bigger picture here and it appears the Catholic Church is the only one to see it, and has seen it for many, many years.
See Pope Paul VI's Encyclical Letter "Humanae Vitae".
http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/paul_vi/enc...
I would rather see what God says on this matter Regina, as I find catholic's do not have a clear view on what is or isn't scriptual.
I don't believe in abortion it is the murder of the innocent.
I just feel a church that preaches against it as murder and its views on homosexuality, should check out their own back yard first.
The abuse against children, for ions by the cathoic , who have murdered and destroyed the souls of these children have no right to judge others.
They employ pedophiles as well as homosexuals.
They have also killed and raped innocent children.
LTM

#416408 Jan 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston, I use to think like that towards Regina also.
She befriend me, I thought we were close.
When I went to another thread I really wasn't going to come back on here.
When I did Regina was over here shooting me in the back, and poking fun at me with Anthony.
I lost respect for her for that pretending to be one thing and turned out to be another.
I believe she is some one else who was on here too, but I can't remember the name, its not StarC.
I remembered the name Sarah that was her name.
That's not to say you are not suppose to be friends with her Preston, personally I don't like her.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#416409 Jan 17, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
If abortions are on the front burner of the church, why not start addressing the issue where they are most prevalent? Catholic women.
Yes I have posted this before, not sure who I posted it to.
I am sure the over 400,000 posts on this forum have covered every facet of the catholic church hundreds of times over.
Why is my topic any different? You started the thread about abortion and I am sure this is not your first time posting about it.
Michael

Your fallacy is an argument of repetition. I have seen you post this at least a dozen times....You have exhausted all logic in the situation.

You think you are a herald as some sort of righteous person, when in fact you are anti-Christ and anti-God. That is, you think your conscience guides(should/must guide) the world.

You don't enlighten. You condemn. And in doing so, you condemn yourself. Its just that simple.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#416410 Jan 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I remembered the name Sarah that was her name.
That's not to say you are not suppose to be friends with her Preston, personally I don't like her.
May I chime in?

I think the big problem is you guys are friendly when its a one on one thing. But then your true colors come out when you trash the Church and preach that Catholics are not 'born again' and are going to Hell.
If you considered Regina a friend, you wouldn't bear false witness against her, by claiming she worships Mary (among other accusations)

Same with me LTM. How can I be respectful when its one lie after another thrown at me and what I believe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Married in 8,512
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... 10 hr Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sat ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1
The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Has One Weal... (Jan '14) Oct 10 QUITTNER Oct 10 2014 8

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE