Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,910
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416379 Jan 17, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Persecuted? On a topix board?? Get real and stop your melodramatic whining!
Don't worry, sweetie, Michael will bake you some cookies. Seems he considers that part of his wifely duties.
FINALLY. one of the Dense Ones gets it!!!

Trying to "destroy the Catholic Church?" Hello??

Per the old coot's own words -- "Get real and stop your melodramatic whining!"

FINALLY!

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#416380 Jan 17, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears the problem is just starting as the barbaric culture in which we live, and now is the New Dark Age, will take a long time from which the Church teachings will reawaken, and be able to re-establish a moral base to build a new society....
I suspect that other societies will arise sooner than this one. On a societal level resistance to accepting there is even a problem here is evidence that the slide downhill will continue. I think it is the result of being dual-minded in our approach.
Prophetic statements?...WOW!

When did you leave Christianity?

Because right now, you are being heretical to your belief.

Please stop misleading others with bogus claims.
Anthony MN

Eden Prairie, MN

#416381 Jan 17, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony says....... The sexual revolution starting in the late '60's resulted in a lot of new age hippies running the seminaries in the '70's and '80's.
Michael says......and these "SEXUAL REVOLUTION" priests from the 60s/70s/80s are NOW! the bishops and cardinals who run the catholic church TODAY!!.
Below from the end November 2010. Bishops conference.
http://culturecampaign.blogspot.ca/2010/11/us...
BUSTED! again!
lol. I don't think you read/understood this article. A bishop, from that era, who is a moderate/liberal, was PASSED OVER in favor of a much more conservative bishop, also of that era, who is an outspoken critic of the hippie-faction, gay priests, women's ordination, etc. And it's all coming from the top. Pope Benedict is cleaning house of the gay hippie priests and bishops, the radical feminist, abortion supporting, gay rights nuns and the "lavender" seminary faculties. It's pissing them all off, and you too. Get over it. Don't worry about it, you're not Catholic anymore.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#416382 Jan 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's important for me to tell you that. I certainly would want to know.
The SELF-importance an individual places upon him/herself is only marred by the self-righteousness that goes along with it.

Why don't you believe Jesus?
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#416383 Jan 17, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone's posting a lot of blah, blah, blah, but no one is answering the question.
Do you consider murder a greater or lesser evil than abuse?
And a bonus question just for you: Do you believe in contraception?
Which is worst to kill the body, or tho kill both body and soul.
preston

Waverly, OH

#416384 Jan 17, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Persecuted? On a topix board?? Get real and stop your melodramatic whining!
Don't worry, sweetie, Michael will bake you some cookies. Seems he considers that part of his wifely duties.
regardless of what mike says.

GREEN CHECKMARK.

when I make a spelling errors(which is often), my computer goes to teh last line, and i have to go up to where more errors are, and start looking again for more. and many times when I scroll down, I get kicked off of IE, losing the Tab.I use a refurbished tower and someone really never brought it up to date.

and sometimes, when I go back to insert a letter, another letter is deleted and I have to type the whole paragraph or sentance over again.

and I have seen several people that have said they cant judge posts, but if he thinks that I can, great, gives him more to worry about. he is like some old bitty that doesnt have anything else to do, just like those amish ladies that "gossip" since they dont have TV to watch, according to jolin(or whatever his name is).BUT ALL OF THEM KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON CONCERNING THIS SHOW.LOL
Anthony MN

Eden Prairie, MN

#416385 Jan 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you for real. How many innocents heart and soul were destroy because of your catholic church Regina.
Some of them just babies, and you want to come on here and use that as an arguement your sick lady.
your church fathers were not happy to just kill people but to torture people bring them to the brink of death then revive them and torment them all over again
Beware of those who destroy both the body and the soul.
How many souls have the catholic church killed Regina.
How many children lost faith in God because of your church,
Woe on to them who cause on of my little ones to lose faith,
It would be better that they put a millstone around their neck and drown in the sea, then it will be for them on Judgement Day.
You, for one, should know that more innocent children have had their lives ruined, their souls 'killed' by so-called born again protestant pastors than Catholic priests.

And the Church fathers were not torturing anyone you goof ball.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#416386 Jan 17, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert good friend...
Read your own words again. I will reply directly.
You are saying that somehow the RCC -- your words: "work within moral laws for justice, and do so with prudence and temperance with courage."
Robert good friend... listen to yourself. I spoke of the RCC's use of diplomatic immunity:
1... against sexually abused orphans,
2... against sexually abused deaf children,
3... and against bank examiners in the EU and USA.
And again, you refer to that as -- your words: "moral," "justice", "prudence," and "temperance with courage."
You be the judge Robert. Nuf said.
Free Mind

No. I am saying you must use prudence and temperance when justice is involved.

Just because someone is accused does not mean it happens. Therefore, one must use prudence when dealing with such matters, and not condemn individuals or whole organizations on account of a few....

When an injustice is done, then it can be dealt with. Prevention is an easy word to say. And the trust issue will be a long time coming....
Anthony MN

Eden Prairie, MN

#416387 Jan 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask the many thousands of protestant pastors who are guilty of it.
Anthony MN

Eden Prairie, MN

#416388 Jan 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
The SELF-importance an individual places upon him/herself is only marred by the self-righteousness that goes along with it.
Why don't you believe Jesus?
?

Follow along NASaL.
preston

Waverly, OH

#416389 Jan 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen I agree.(it's a mistake to use the Old Testament to interpret the New Testament. It is the New Testament that sheds light on the Old Testament.)
woodrow, my pastor always told us that jesus is hidden in the OT, and revealed in the NT. works for me.

people can take a verse here or there and make a doctrine out of it, but that isnt how it is supposed to be
preston

Waverly, OH

#416390 Jan 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you for real. How many innocents heart and soul were destroy because of your catholic church Regina.
Some of them just babies, and you want to come on here and use that as an arguement your sick lady.
your church fathers were not happy to just kill people but to torture people bring them to the brink of death then revive them and torment them all over again
Beware of those who destroy both the body and the soul.
How many souls have the catholic church killed Regina.
How many children lost faith in God because of your church,
Woe on to them who cause on of my little ones to lose faith,
It would be better that they put a millstone around their neck and drown in the sea, then it will be for them on Judgement Day.
loosen up on reggie, she is really a good person. your disagreement is with what her church teaches or believes, and shouldnt be used as a personal attack on her or anyone else that is catholic.

she defends her faith and beliefs just as i do or you.dont blame her for that. ok?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416391 Jan 17, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Michael, you and I are now "gay" --- because that's all they have.
If you or I were on a Catholic Forum, they might have a point. But they fail to remember the TOPIC of this board.
Is their "ONE-TRUE" Church spiritually superior... or not?
Obviously NOT, because their only come-backs are "gay," idiot," etc.
That make me proud.
We are persecuted by creeps - for defending TRUTH, JUSTICE, and AMERICA.
Keep up the great work sir.
Catholics don't even follow the good ways of Jesus. Did Jesus ask the blind man if he was gay or a pimp? Of course not, he fixed him right up. But what about all the other blind men/women in jerusulem that didn't meet Jesus? Oh well too bad for them.

When Jesus fed exactly 5,000 hungry people loaves and fishes, did he sort out the gays, lesbians, crooks, and limbless people and put them in a seperate group? Of course not, he fed them all, and sent them on their way.

Catholics have gotten right off track of what their mankind obligations are. Helping everyone in need, not making fun or discrediting marginal people.

If the roman catholic church didn't fall into the scandal pit every few months I would only be recording good news about the church. Nobody is interested in good news stories.

How many newspapers, and news agencies would still be in business if they weren't cranking out daily scandals, murders, rapes, plane crashes, and earthquakes. BAD NEWS SELLS!

It won't work, as long as the church keeps cranking out scandals I will report them.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#416392 Jan 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you having such a difficult time answering the question?

The atheist person, Black Swan or whomever, saw fit to counter Robert's post about the Church's pro-life position with something about prayers for abuse victims. He is unaware that the Church does pray for them, so his response didn't have the dramatic effect he was hoping for. He also fails to see the connection, as do you and Little Miss Mikey-Poo. There's also a connection between contraception and abortion, which of course connects to euthanasia, making a stop-over at such places as abuse in all its forms.

There's a bigger picture here and it appears the Catholic Church is the only one to see it, and has seen it for many, many years.

See Pope Paul VI's Encyclical Letter "Humanae Vitae".
http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/paul_vi/enc...
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#416393 Jan 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. I don't think you read/understood this article. A bishop, from that era, who is a moderate/liberal, was PASSED OVER in favor of a much more conservative bishop, also of that era, who is an outspoken critic of the hippie-faction, gay priests, women's ordination, etc. And it's all coming from the top. Pope Benedict is cleaning house of the gay hippie priests and bishops, the radical feminist, abortion supporting, gay rights nuns and the "lavender" seminary faculties. It's pissing them all off, and you too. Get over it. Don't worry about it, you're not Catholic anymore.
I like how Fr Z refers to the National Catholic Repoter as Fishwrap. lol http://wdtprs.com/blog/2012/10/archbp-nienste...
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416394 Jan 17, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>regardless of what mike says.
GREEN CHECKMARK.
when I make a spelling errors(which is often), my computer goes to teh last line, and i have to go up to where more errors are, and start looking again for more. and many times when I scroll down, I get kicked off of IE, losing the Tab.I use a refurbished tower and someone really never brought it up to date.
and sometimes, when I go back to insert a letter, another letter is deleted and I have to type the whole paragraph or sentance over again.
and I have seen several people that have said they cant judge posts, but if he thinks that I can, great, gives him more to worry about. he is like some old bitty that doesnt have anything else to do, just like those amish ladies that "gossip" since they dont have TV to watch, according to jolin(or whatever his name is).BUT ALL OF THEM KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON CONCERNING THIS SHOW.LOL
If you have a cheap computer and it doesn't work properly, than sell one of your 9 horses and get up to speed. We can't wait for posters who don't have spell check, and can't type sentences or paragraphs properly because your 1979 computer with serial number 000001 isn't working right.

Interesting, we can give you judgees but you can't give them back.

You are not fooling anyone Presto!

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416395 Jan 17, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>woodrow, my pastor always told us that jesus is hidden in the OT, and revealed in the NT. works for me.
people can take a verse here or there and make a doctrine out of it, but that isnt how it is supposed to be
Preston says......woodrow, my pastor always told us that jesus is hidden in the OT.

Michael says.......so you are going to tell Jewish people who wrote the OT that they wrote THEIR OWN BOOK wrong, and interpret their own book incorrectly?(lol) and tell the NT writers that they were right?(lol)

What authority is this Woodrow? Who would name their kid Woodrow?

If Jews do not believe in sons of God, why would Jesus be hiding in the OT?(lol)

ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#416396 Jan 17, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I like how Fr Z refers to the National Catholic Repoter as Fishwrap. lol http://wdtprs.com/blog/2012/10/archbp-nienste...
LOL, I know, I love when he says that!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416397 Jan 17, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
FACT: Did you know that millions of roman catholics read the fishwrap? Did you know that Catholic nun Sister Maureen Fiedler and other catholic nuns, write columns in the fishwrap and sister Fieldr is also on over 70 radio stations across america broadcast into loving catholic homes and the voice of the NUNS IN AMERICA?.......Did you know that many roman catholic priests also comment in the NATIONAL CATHOLIC REPORTER.

The fishwrap gets a lot of attention, from catholics who call it the fishwrap.

LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#416398 Jan 17, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>woodrow, my pastor always told us that jesus is hidden in the OT, and revealed in the NT. works for me.
I agree with that too, Preston.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr Crazy 8,631
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... 16 hr pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) 18 hr God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Mon Economist 1
Bagnasco controversy over sacrament comments as... Nov 23 RevKen 1
Bagnasco 'agrees with pope' Nov 23 RevKen 2
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Nov 21 KidlatNgayon 65

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE