Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,234
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

#416322 Jan 17, 2013
Normand Guay wrote:
<quoted text>--- Clay, is that the reason that the romans killed the Saints so that the church could grow...---To kill the Saints is very sad...
---Repeat, Quote,From The Book; [ The Blood of the Martyrs ["Saints"] is the seed of the church by the Roman Catholic Fathers [Tertullian}...
preston

Waverly, OH

#416323 Jan 17, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
You have seen the show! At least the Amish Mafia are not about gay men controlling the amish community.
Living in Ohio your just down the road. Have you got a black buggy and a couple horses? GIDDYUPP!
So you Preston are saying, the 6 roman catholic priests who wrote part of the article are liars?
down the road? I live around 150 miles from Holmes Co. and yes, there really is a man named Merlin(dont know about levi in Pa)according to a mennonite that I asked last week. he told me that his relative said that merlin was Crazy. he acts like he is on TV.

yes, I do have a buggy (fringe top surrey)but it is in a local museum, and around 9 horses now but none pull a buggy.

Now as far the article, I seldom read any links that you might post. so I dont know if it is true or not. nor do I care since I am not catholic, so why should you care either?
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#416324 Jan 17, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I beleive that what Jesus said was completly true. when He used the name of Lazarus, He made the story more convincing. imo.
many people will use Scripture verses to prove or try to prove the body and soul/spirit just sleeps unti the last resurrection, but I dont believe that at all.I have seen people that have cried out by a glimpse of Hell and the flames, while they were on their death bed. and vice versa of people that have experienced Heaven or a place where they felt great peace.
I think that 1 thing is clear. a person should live like there is a hell, and prepare themselves to avoid that place, by accepting Jesus as their Savior
I believe the referrance to lazarus and the rich man is true also,
Preston I have had people try and convince me it was a fictional story.
I don't believe in soul sleep either.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#416325 Jan 17, 2013
U.S. Bishops Call For ‘Nine Days Of Prayer, Penance And Pilgrimage’ Surrounding 40th Anniversary Of Roe V. Wade

http://www.usccb.org/news/2013/13-017.cfm
preston

Waverly, OH

#416326 Jan 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the referrance to lazarus and the rich man is true also,
Preston I have had people try and convince me it was a fictional story.
I don't believe in soul sleep either.
Soul sleep is the teaching that when a person dies, his soul "sleeps" until the time of the future resurrection. In this condition, the person is not aware or conscious. The Jehovah's Witnesses and the Seventh-day Adventists hold to this doctrine. But the Jehovah's Witnesses teach annihilation. This means that after death a person ceases to exist. At the future resurrection they maintain that the soul is made again. Basically, it is a re-creation of the individual. The Seventh-day Adventists teach at the soul is simply inert and resides in the memory of God.

The primary verses used to support soul sleep are found in Ecclesiastes:

•Eccl. 9:5, For the living know they will die; but the dead do not know anything, nor have they any longer a reward, for their memory is forgotten."
•Eccl. 12:7, "then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it."
Ecclesiastes must be understood in the context of its own commentary, which says at the opening of the book, "The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem. 2 “Vanity of vanities,” says the Preacher,“Vanity of vanities! All is vanity.” 3 What advantage does man have in all his work which he does under the sun?" (Eccl. 1:1-3). The writer is telling us how things are from the human perspective, from "under the sun." He is not telling us doctrinal statements about whether or not the soul continues after death. Besides, it's a mistake to use the Old Testament to interpret the New Testament. It is the New Testament that sheds light on the Old Testament.

http://carm.org/soul-sleep

so when you see this doctrine being pushed on this forum, then you can tell who has influenced their doctrine.
the sda or the jw's, both are cults taught by satan, guest and aviela both good examples of that.
LTM

#416327 Jan 17, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You also might be interested in the fact that the third Jewish Temple- as described in Ezekiel chapter 40 and 42 - will have graven images throughout.
What do you think of that LTM? Are the Jews Pagan too for obeying what God commanded?
I'm not trying to be a smart alic. We deserve an honest explanation.

The Third Temple will not be built, till after the Grace period of the Gentile is fulfilled.
I do know that much, to make any comments on this subject one must understand Truly understand about the first and second temple.
Eziekel and Daniel both prophecy on this subject I believe.
A lot of the conflict in the middle east is because of this Temple Mount.
If you are referring to the Red Hiefer as an idol I assure you it isn't it is a living animal ready to be sacraficed when the Third Temple is built.
Prophecy also talks about a Holocost for the Jews
in the future Clay.
As I said you need an expert to understand all this and I am not an expert.
I have some things mixed up. But if the Red Heifer is of a pure line so much the Jewish nation that service in the Temple.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#416328 Jan 17, 2013
Robert F wrote:
U.S. Bishops Call For ‘Nine Days Of Prayer, Penance And Pilgrimage’ Surrounding 40th Anniversary Of Roe V. Wade
How many days of prayer for the abused children?

How many days of prayer for hiding the abusers?

How many days of prayer for outing all those involved?
LTM

#416329 Jan 17, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>
Soul sleep is the teaching that when a person dies, his soul "sleeps" until the time of the future resurrection. In this condition, the person is not aware or conscious. The Jehovah's Witnesses and the Seventh-day Adventists hold to this doctrine. But the Jehovah's Witnesses teach annihilation. This means that after death a person ceases to exist. At the future resurrection they maintain that the soul is made again. Basically, it is a re-creation of the individual. The Seventh-day Adventists teach at the soul is simply inert and resides in the memory of God.
The primary verses used to support soul sleep are found in Ecclesiastes:
•Eccl. 9:5, For the living know they will die; but the dead do not know anything, nor have they any longer a reward, for their memory is forgotten."
•Eccl. 12:7, "then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it."
Ecclesiastes must be understood in the context of its own commentary, which says at the opening of the book, "The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem. 2 “Vanity of vanities,” says the Preacher,“Vanity of vanities! All is vanity.” 3 What advantage does man have in all his work which he does under the sun?" (Eccl. 1:1-3). The writer is telling us how things are from the human perspective, from "under the sun." He is not telling us doctrinal statements about whether or not the soul continues after death. Besides, it's a mistake to use the Old Testament to interpret the New Testament. It is the New Testament that sheds light on the Old Testament.
http://carm.org/soul-sleep
so when you see this doctrine being pushed on this forum, then you can tell who has influenced their doctrine.
the sda or the jw's, both are cults taught by satan, guest and aviela both good examples of that.
Isn't re-creation an East India belief.
Paul said absent from the body is present with the Lord.
those who are not present with the Lord go to hell.
What is the differnce between hell and hells fire.
As there is no time in Heaven once we pass on all the above has already happened.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416330 Jan 17, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>down the road? I live around 150 miles from Holmes Co. and yes, there really is a man named Merlin(dont know about levi in Pa)according to a mennonite that I asked last week. he told me that his relative said that merlin was Crazy. he acts like he is on TV.
yes, I do have a buggy (fringe top surrey)but it is in a local museum, and around 9 horses now but none pull a buggy.
Now as far the article, I seldom read any links that you might post. so I dont know if it is true or not. nor do I care since I am not catholic, so why should you care either?
Preston says......so why should you care either?

Michael says.......Why should people care about Lance Armstrongs story, yet millions of americans do.

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416331 Jan 17, 2013
Robert F wrote:
Why do more american catholic women have abortions per 1,000 than do protestant women?

Maybe you should be asking that question?

....According to the Alan Guttmacher Institute, which tracks reproductive health data, non-Hispanic Catholic women of childbearing age are 29% more likely than their Protestant counterparts to have abortions (full study*). The rate is even higher--33%--if Hispanics are factored in. Another way of looking at it: while Protestant women make up about 54% of the population, they account for only 37% of the abortions. Catholic women make up 31% of the population and account for 31% of the abortions.

....Given the Catholic Church's longstanding position against abortion, one would think the abortion rate would be far lower than the population as a whole -- and yet, if anything, it seems to be higher.

....This paradox puzzles Catholic leaders on both sides of the issue--like Helen Alvare, the former chief pro-life strategist and spokeswoman for the National Conference of Catholic Bishops, and Frances Kissling, president of Catholics for Free Choice.

I myself am pro-life.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416332 Jan 17, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
How many days of prayer for the abused children?
How many days of prayer for hiding the abusers?
How many days of prayer for outing all those involved?
.....and NO investigations of any of these clergy that allowed these horrible, sinful crimes to occur, but these same bishops are now investigating the American Nuns, who brought no harm to, or molested, or hurt no one.

preston

Waverly, OH

#416333 Jan 17, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael says.......Why should people care about Lance Armstrongs story, yet millions of americans do.
sometimes scandals attract maggots like you.
Anthony MN

Eden Prairie, MN

#416334 Jan 17, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Americans don't spend their every waking moment on a discussion board obssessed with bringing down Lance Armstrong, while ignoring their wives in the prime of their retirement and generally being an obnoxious bore. Those kind of people, while denying it, have an obvious lack of fulfillment in their lives and are acting out their aggression due to an ingrained hatred and resentment. I'm sure there's a psychotherapist in your area that could help Mike.
Anthony MN

Eden Prairie, MN

#416335 Jan 17, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>sometimes scandals attract maggots like you.
lol. Good one.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416336 Jan 17, 2013
Robert F wrote:
... You appear to be a strong advocate for Pro-life. How many of these unwanted babies did you adopt?

.....How many catholics who march in front of hospitals with their "PRO-LIFE" placards went into the hospital asking if they could adopt an unwanted infant?

Because the catholic church is such a strong advocate for PRO-LIFE why haven't networks been established across the country for catholics to adopt these unwanted babies?

Its easy for a clergy member to speak from the pulpit regarding abortion, but we do know, and its MORE IMPORTANT that action speaks louder than words.

I see very little action.

Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416337 Jan 17, 2013
Normand Guay wrote:
<quoted text>---Repeat, Quote,From The Book; [ The Blood of the Martyrs ["Saints"] is the seed of the church by the Roman Catholic Fathers [Tertullian}...
Jesus cares for His plant using the blood of Martyrs.

That is a far-ranging thought :o)

Thank you Jesus!
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416338 Jan 17, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
... You appear to be a strong advocate for Pro-life. How many of these unwanted babies did you adopt?
.....How many catholics who march in front of hospitals with their "PRO-LIFE" placards went into the hospital asking if they could adopt an unwanted infant?
Because the catholic church is such a strong advocate for PRO-LIFE why haven't networks been established across the country for catholics to adopt these unwanted babies?
Its easy for a clergy member to speak from the pulpit regarding abortion, but we do know, and its MORE IMPORTANT that action speaks louder than words.
I see very little action.
Mexico City is a backward cesspool, just as Jesus intended.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416339 Jan 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Americans don't spend their every waking moment on a discussion board obssessed with bringing down Lance Armstrong, while ignoring their wives in the prime of their retirement and generally being an obnoxious bore. Those kind of people, while denying it, have an obvious lack of fulfillment in their lives and are acting out their aggression due to an ingrained hatred and resentment. I'm sure there's a psychotherapist in your area that could help Mike.
Thankyou MOTHER ANTHONY!.....(LOL)

Why don't you address the issue? Seminaries in america that formed cliques of gay men, keeping straight men out of the clergy? Shouldn't you know why?

Why do you FEAR to learn that things are not always squeeky clean like you want them to be?

6 Roman catholic priests tell their story......

..Father Andrew Greeley
..Father Donald Cozzens
..Father Andrew Walker
..Father John Trigilio
..Father John Delesparo
..Father Wayne Hurst

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/...

I have always stated there is a perverted sub-culture within the ranks of the clergy. The news during the past several years confirms this.

Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416340 Jan 17, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do more american catholic women have abortions per 1,000 than do protestant women?
Maybe you should be asking that question?
....According to the Alan Guttmacher Institute, which tracks reproductive health data, non-Hispanic Catholic women of childbearing age are 29% more likely than their Protestant counterparts to have abortions (full study*). The rate is even higher--33%--if Hispanics are factored in. Another way of looking at it: while Protestant women make up about 54% of the population, they account for only 37% of the abortions. Catholic women make up 31% of the population and account for 31% of the abortions.
....Given the Catholic Church's longstanding position against abortion, one would think the abortion rate would be far lower than the population as a whole -- and yet, if anything, it seems to be higher.
....This paradox puzzles Catholic leaders on both sides of the issue--like Helen Alvare, the former chief pro-life strategist and spokeswoman for the National Conference of Catholic Bishops, and Frances Kissling, president of Catholics for Free Choice.
I myself am pro-life.
I am pro-choice. I prefer the USA and Canada not to look like any Catholic-majority society.

Thankfully, Brazil, Argentina, and other Catholic countries are waking up.

But really, the horse is out of the stable on this one. Morning-after pills, etc.

But someone had a point. Where are the prayer vigils for generations of raped orphans? Easier for the pious ones tell others what to do it seems. Easier than actually walking one's talk.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416341 Jan 17, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>down the road? I live around 150 miles from Holmes Co. and yes, there really is a man named Merlin(dont know about levi in Pa)according to a mennonite that I asked last week. he told me that his relative said that merlin was Crazy. he acts like he is on TV.
...... For a poster who claims that his computer will NOT ALLOW him to give other posters NEGATIVE JUDGEES!, you sure give out a lot!(LOL)!!

You are not fooling anyone Preston aka attemcowboy..

Truth is the best policy, and someone like you who claims to be a positive spectacle in his own church, can't be trusted to tell the truth about judging posters.

BUSTED! again! Presto

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Crazy 8,298
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 5 hr KidlatNgayon 81
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••