Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,769
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416340 Jan 17, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do more american catholic women have abortions per 1,000 than do protestant women?
Maybe you should be asking that question?
....According to the Alan Guttmacher Institute, which tracks reproductive health data, non-Hispanic Catholic women of childbearing age are 29% more likely than their Protestant counterparts to have abortions (full study*). The rate is even higher--33%--if Hispanics are factored in. Another way of looking at it: while Protestant women make up about 54% of the population, they account for only 37% of the abortions. Catholic women make up 31% of the population and account for 31% of the abortions.
....Given the Catholic Church's longstanding position against abortion, one would think the abortion rate would be far lower than the population as a whole -- and yet, if anything, it seems to be higher.
....This paradox puzzles Catholic leaders on both sides of the issue--like Helen Alvare, the former chief pro-life strategist and spokeswoman for the National Conference of Catholic Bishops, and Frances Kissling, president of Catholics for Free Choice.
I myself am pro-life.
I am pro-choice. I prefer the USA and Canada not to look like any Catholic-majority society.

Thankfully, Brazil, Argentina, and other Catholic countries are waking up.

But really, the horse is out of the stable on this one. Morning-after pills, etc.

But someone had a point. Where are the prayer vigils for generations of raped orphans? Easier for the pious ones tell others what to do it seems. Easier than actually walking one's talk.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416341 Jan 17, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>down the road? I live around 150 miles from Holmes Co. and yes, there really is a man named Merlin(dont know about levi in Pa)according to a mennonite that I asked last week. he told me that his relative said that merlin was Crazy. he acts like he is on TV.
yes, I do have a buggy (fringe top surrey)but it is in a local museum, and around 9 horses now but none pull a buggy.
Now as far the article, I seldom read any links that you might post. so I dont know if it is true or not. nor do I care since I am not catholic, so why should you care either?
...... For a poster who claims that his computer will NOT ALLOW him to give other posters NEGATIVE JUDGEES!, you sure give out a lot!(LOL)!!

You are not fooling anyone Preston aka attemcowboy..

Truth is the best policy, and someone like you who claims to be a positive spectacle in his own church, can't be trusted to tell the truth about judging posters.

BUSTED! again! Presto
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416342 Jan 17, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Free Mind
You are confused. When seeking justice, one must be prudent and temperate.
By your logic. Everyone involved in a religion must pay for the crimes of a few. In a sense this is true. But then also, because there are crimes in the U.S., we must all be imprisoned and pay fines for every criminal. And the U.S. government must be responsible for its citizens, therefore the U.S. government must be dismantled.
What I am saying is that your justice is not prudent and temperate. It is driven by rage.
In the nature of government, it is rather inherent for its existence to protect the people it governs. The same is true for religion. Within each system, both are to work within moral laws for justice,and do so with prudence and temperance with courage.
Robert good friend...

Read your own words again. I will reply directly.

You are saying that somehow the RCC -- your words: "work within moral laws for justice, and do so with prudence and temperance with courage."

Robert good friend... listen to yourself. I spoke of the RCC's use of diplomatic immunity:

1... against sexually abused orphans,

2... against sexually abused deaf children,

3... and against bank examiners in the EU and USA.

And again, you refer to that as -- your words: "moral," "justice", "prudence," and "temperance with courage."

You be the judge Robert. Nuf said.
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

#416343 Jan 17, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus cares for His plant using the blood of Martyrs.
That is a far-ranging thought :o)
Thank you Jesus!
--- Free Mind, the killing of the SAINTS is not very nice...
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416344 Jan 17, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
I am pro-choice. I prefer the USA and Canada not to look like any Catholic-majority society.
Thankfully, Brazil, Argentina, and other Catholic countries are waking up.
But really, the horse is out of the stable on this one. Morning-after pills, etc.
But someone had a point. Where are the prayer vigils for generations of raped orphans? Easier for the pious ones tell others what to do it seems. Easier than actually walking one's talk.
The roman catholic church is a mans world.

The church leaders ALWAYS dumps on women.

... The american catholic nuns.....DUMPED ON!

...Women having abortions, DUMPED ON!, but no action against their husbands or boyfriends who are 50% responsible.

.....Women are NOT allowed to have any policy making abilities in the church.....DUMPED ON!

.....The use of contraception is always directed towards women. DUMPED ON!

....If women are good enough to be baptized, why are women not good enough to be ordained clergy? DUMPED ON!

.....Women must wear hats in church, men don't have to. DUMPED ON!

It has been stated several times that the Bishops/Cardinals in Rome are women haters!

Need I say more?

Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416345 Jan 17, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I do feel sorry for catholics. They know their faith and practice their belief, but have no idea whats going on in the "ENGINE ROOM" of mother church that many catholic seminaries across america often only accepted gay men to the seminary, and cliques were formed to keep straight men out.
The story I posted, includes dialogue from 6 roman catholic priests who tell their stories.
The most important entity in the church is TRUST. Lance Armstrong lost his trust to america, but is not even close to being compared to the mistrust of whats been going on behind the scenes in catholic seminaries across the nation and around the world.
Until catholics stand up and demand answers, mistrust will only grow more prevalent. Very sad indeed.
Agreed.

They will attack you personally.

They will attack your motives.

They will attack your family.

They do so because you present cold, hard facts ON TOPIC -- and they cannot refute.

They cannot refute so they attack -- "Why are you here," blah, blah.

Anyone who defends a great power from justice for sexually-abused orphans is a creep.

Thank you for the great links -- ON TOPIC, Irrefutable FACTS.

The creeps hate it.

Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416346 Jan 17, 2013
Normand Guay wrote:
<quoted text>--- Free Mind, the killing of the SAINTS is not very nice...
As we see in the Bible, God always seems to have to break a few eggs to make an omelet.

How else could Jesus nurture and grow His Church?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416347 Jan 17, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>sometimes scandals attract maggots like you.
Presto! The scandal stories must be told.

Tell us another war story. We thank you for your years of service.

See how nice I am to you?
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416348 Jan 17, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Free Mind
You are confused. When seeking justice, one must be prudent and temperate.
By your logic. Everyone involved in a religion must pay for the crimes of a few. In a sense this is true. But then also, because there are crimes in the U.S., we must all be imprisoned and pay fines for every criminal. And the U.S. government must be responsible for its citizens, therefore the U.S. government must be dismantled.
What I am saying is that your justice is not prudent and temperate. It is driven by rage.
In the nature of government, it is rather inherent for its existence to protect the people it governs. The same is true for religion. Within each system, both are to work within moral laws for justice,and do so with prudence and temperance with courage.
Thanks Rob.

I know what the Church says. Many church websites make it very clear.

http://www.archny.org/pastoral/faq---annulmen...

I know it pains you how matter-of-fact it has become. I believe most Priests feel the same way.

Is it a money-maker? On the surface, it seems easy and cheap. So certainly not.

In my experience, I had two friends go through the process and both needed to appeal. Both were ultimately granted, but at a cost far higher than "cheap." In fact, many thousands.

But is that really the point?

Whether it's for money or another reason, like bolstering RCC membership -- the rhetorical question is -- are 60,000 annulments/year in the USA "perfect teachings on morals?"
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416349 Jan 17, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
They will attack you personally.
They will attack your motives.
They will attack your family.
They do so because you present cold, hard facts ON TOPIC -- and they cannot refute.
They cannot refute so they attack -- "Why are you here," blah, blah.
Anyone who defends a great power from justice for sexually-abused orphans is a creep.
Thank you for the great links -- ON TOPIC, Irrefutable FACTS.
The creeps hate it.
Now they know how Jesus felt. He did good deeds and still no one believed..........and it took decades for people to realize he was right and they were wrong.

I am sure my redemption will come one day from Mother Anthony, HOJO, CLAY, Sister ReginaM. and others.

......but until then I can't help it if the church keeps blundering! We must know the truth.

thankyou for your support!
Anthony MN

Eden Prairie, MN

#416350 Jan 17, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Thankyou MOTHER ANTHONY!.....(LOL)
Why don't you address the issue? Seminaries in america that formed cliques of gay men, keeping straight men out of the clergy? Shouldn't you know why?
Why do you FEAR to learn that things are not always squeeky clean like you want them to be?
6 Roman catholic priests tell their story......
..Father Andrew Greeley
..Father Donald Cozzens
..Father Andrew Walker
..Father John Trigilio
..Father John Delesparo
..Father Wayne Hurst
http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/...
I have always stated there is a perverted sub-culture within the ranks of the clergy. The news during the past several years confirms this.
That's an old story. The sexual revolution starting in the late '60's resulted in a lot of new age hippies running the seminaries in the '70's and '80's. They're being run out and are all but gone now. Sorry to burst your bubble.

And actually the Vatican has been very aggressively behind cleaning up the slime in the seminaries.

From the NYT;

"Investigators appointed by the Vatican have been instructed to review each of the 229 Roman Catholic seminaries in the United States for "evidence of homosexuality" and for faculty members who dissent from church teaching, according to a document prepared to guide the process."

Good info here;

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2009/01/released-vatic...

Of course Mikey, we know that you really don't have a problem with dissenting gay priests. In fact, we know you think the Church should embrace active homosexual priests. We also know that your only interst in these issues is for the purpose of attacking the Church and faithful Catholics. You should get some counselling for your obssession.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#416351 Jan 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't re-creation an East India belief.
Paul said absent from the body is present with the Lord.
those who are not present with the Lord go to hell.
What is the differnce between hell and hells fire.
As there is no time in Heaven once we pass on all the above has already happened.
LTM

A note here. I don't think of hell as being a "hot" place in the sense we think of as hot. Rather, as an abyss.

It is the place that the swine ran when the Legion and demons when Jesus cast them out....

Also in Rev 9. It speaks of the abyss....

My opinion is that it is a dimly lit isolation, of self-torment. It is described well in Dante's Inferno. The deeper one goes, one becomes so frozen in that isolation, that one is unable to be aware of anything except personal torment.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416352 Jan 17, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Mexico City is a backward cesspool, just as Jesus intended.
......and in the middle east, God gave the Muslims all the camels, and the underground OIL that WE! need.

Life is just not fair!
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416353 Jan 17, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
The roman catholic church is a mans world.
The church leaders ALWAYS dumps on women.
... The american catholic nuns.....DUMPED ON!
...Women having abortions, DUMPED ON!, but no action against their husbands or boyfriends who are 50% responsible.
.....Women are NOT allowed to have any policy making abilities in the church.....DUMPED ON!
.....The use of contraception is always directed towards women. DUMPED ON!
....If women are good enough to be baptized, why are women not good enough to be ordained clergy? DUMPED ON!
.....Women must wear hats in church, men don't have to. DUMPED ON!
It has been stated several times that the Bishops/Cardinals in Rome are women haters!
Need I say more?
The status of women and slaves have both changed since the early Iron Age.

Today the Church says slavery was wrong but simply a product of ancient culture.

On the other hand, discrimination against women is divinely inspired -- and certainly not a product of ancient culture.

Guess who is being left behind in the dustbin of history?
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#416354 Jan 17, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
How many days of prayer for the abused children?
How many days of prayer for hiding the abusers?
How many days of prayer for outing all those involved?
Do you consider murder a greater or lesser evil than abuse?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416355 Jan 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an old story. The sexual revolution starting in the late '60's resulted in a lot of new age hippies running the seminaries in the '70's and '80's. They're being run out and are all but gone now. Sorry to burst your bubble.
And actually the Vatican has been very aggressively behind cleaning up the slime in the seminaries.
From the NYT;
"Investigators appointed by the Vatican have been instructed to review each of the 229 Roman Catholic seminaries in the United States for "evidence of homosexuality" and for faculty members who dissent from church teaching, according to a document prepared to guide the process."
Good info here;
http://wdtprs.com/blog/2009/01/released-vatic...
Of course Mikey, we know that you really don't have a problem with dissenting gay priests. In fact, we know you think the Church should embrace active homosexual priests. We also know that your only interst in these issues is for the purpose of attacking the Church and faithful Catholics. You should get some counselling for your obssession.
Anthony, Thanks for reading my posts!

You tell us you own and operate 2 businesses during the day, yet you seem to post on this forum all morning/afternoon. When you go home, how do you tell your wife you had a hard day at work when nothing actually got done?

If you belong to the church, and you help pay the bills of the church, shouldn't you know all the good and all the bad ......of the church?

I would want to know.



Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#416356 Jan 17, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Rob.
I know what the Church says. Many church websites make it very clear.
http://www.archny.org/pastoral/faq---annulmen...
I know it pains you how matter-of-fact it has become. I believe most Priests feel the same way.
Is it a money-maker? On the surface, it seems easy and cheap. So certainly not.
In my experience, I had two friends go through the process and both needed to appeal. Both were ultimately granted, but at a cost far higher than "cheap." In fact, many thousands.
But is that really the point?
Whether it's for money or another reason, like bolstering RCC membership -- the rhetorical question is -- are 60,000 annulments/year in the USA "perfect teachings on morals?"
Free Mind

I was writing on justice for child abuse....

But I think you have a valid point with respect to annulments.

There are to many of them.

Around 3000 in the 1960s
Around 60,000 now!

Why?

This society has become barbaric. And those who think we are so advanced....Jeesh....The children are not able to think, because they are not taught how to think....

The results are that this nation's descent is all around but few see. The Church can do little against the wind of these times, but hold on to its faith.

It appears the problem is just starting as the barbaric culture in which we live, and now is the New Dark Age, will take a long time from which the Church teachings will reawaken, and be able to re-establish a moral base to build a new society....

I suspect that other societies will arise sooner than this one. On a societal level resistance to accepting there is even a problem here is evidence that the slide downhill will continue. I think it is the result of being dual-minded in our approach.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#416357 Jan 17, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you consider murder a greater or lesser evil than abuse?
The abusers took away the lives of untold thousands of the very children they sexually abused, mostly CATHLOLIC boys. Many committed suicide, many needed psycological help, but you wouldn't tell us that. These victims screamed for help, yet no one responded, INCLUDING the bishops who had first hand knowledge SHAMEFUL!

Why didn't you walk with placards in front of your bishops mansion when abuses were going on in your own dioceses to stop the pain and agony of children? SILENCE!

I am pro-life, but abortions will go on in hospitals or back alleyways as they once did. Its a terrible situation.



Anthony MN

Eden Prairie, MN

#416359 Jan 17, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, Thanks for reading my posts!
You tell us you own and operate 2 businesses during the day, yet you seem to post on this forum all morning/afternoon. When you go home, how do you tell your wife you had a hard day at work when nothing actually got done?
If you belong to the church, and you help pay the bills of the church, shouldn't you know all the good and all the bad ......of the church?
I would want to know.
To date you have not posted a single negative issue about the Church that I'm not already aware of. What amazes you is that people have enough faith Jesus to accept the failings of men and believe that His Church will not succumb to the unrelenting attacks from outside AND inside.

I think you're jealous and resentful of people that have that strong faith which you clearly lack. I think it's important for me to tell you that. I certainly would want to know.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#416358 Jan 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an old story. The sexual revolution starting in the late '60's resulted in a lot of new age hippies running the seminaries in the '70's and '80's. They're being run out and are all but gone now. Sorry to burst your bubble.
And actually the Vatican has been very aggressively behind cleaning up the slime in the seminaries.
From the NYT;
"Investigators appointed by the Vatican have been instructed to review each of the 229 Roman Catholic seminaries in the United States for "evidence of homosexuality" and for faculty members who dissent from church teaching, according to a document prepared to guide the process."
Good info here;
http://wdtprs.com/blog/2009/01/released-vatic...
Of course Mikey, we know that you really don't have a problem with dissenting gay priests. In fact, we know you think the Church should embrace active homosexual priests. We also know that your only interst in these issues is for the purpose of attacking the Church and faithful Catholics. You should get some counselling for your obssession.
He not only doesn't have a problem with them, he supports them wholeheartedly. Let's face it, anyone who's on this board 24/7 the way he and his tootsie-pie are doesn't have a wife, at least not one who's a female. That kind of anger against the Church comes almost exclusively from the 'gay' community. It's pretty obvious that those two are flaming!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 16 hr PopeIsDemon 83,903
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Mr Sir 8,723
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Dec 26 QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web