Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699452 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#416191 Jan 16, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow and they say they don't worship Mary.
If it looks like a duck sounds like a duck It is a duck .
In this case and abomination to Almighty God.
No. There's no worship.

Here's an example of what you call 'and [sic] abomination' from the prayers;

" and I give myself entirely to Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Wisdom, to carry my cross after Him all the days of my life, and to be more faithful to Him than I have ever been before."

" my only desire being to love your divine Son, Jesus. "

"My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
My Spirit rejoices in God my Saviour
For He has looked with favour on His lowly servant."

Every prayer to Mary is asking her to pray to her Son on our behalf. Every prayer is asking her to help us worship her Son more devoutly. Where is the abomination in that?
John

Ireland

#416192 Jan 16, 2013
And how has anyone outside the Catholic Church got the right to talk about abominations to God, when their very remaining outside His Church is itself an abomination?
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416193 Jan 16, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston aka (attemcowboy) says.....
......it is and was none of your business. so shove it. I dont like you and never will. 2 me, you are a heathen.
Michael says.......you always have something nice to say. Its good, your christian upbringing taught you to be so polite to others.
UNBELIEVABLE!
Is this guy a character from the movie MASH?

Godless buffoons all!
truth

Lesmurdie, Australia

#416194 Jan 16, 2013
free mind
Please tell me about mind.
Mind nonstop working even when you sleep..why is like that?!
What your diploma say about that?
disciple

Murrieta, CA

#416195 Jan 16, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Another lie from Presto the Great Apostle. lol I never said the church does not grant indulgences. The church does not grant indulgences for money which in context is what Regina was saying as well against the false accusations of Disciple. Then I posted several myths all of which Protestants in here have stated incorrectly because you dont care if you post lies. Dont post to me or about me Preston as you are incapable of telling the truth. You can hitch your wagon to other geniuses like LTM. lol I do notice several of the Protestants need to tell us how smart you are because obviously it isnt recognized by anyone but you. You better check with LTM to see if you are as smart as her. lol
All true life stories picked up from true catholics. Regina asked for more info and I gave it.
There's more I have an ex coworker and a friend who lives south of San Diego closed to the border. He got divorce some 20 years ago and wants to re marry now. I don't know if he was married in TJ or SD. He is doing the same thing my father in law is doing in Colombia which is paying the cc to get it done.
Deny it all you want, it won't go away.
The bigger picture is that you have nothing to say and ignoring completely the article about admiring and parading a corpse.
Selling and/or buying divorce, indulgences and who knows what else is over and done. I said what I had to and it is absolutely true.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416196 Jan 16, 2013
John wrote:
And how has anyone outside the Catholic Church got the right to talk about abominations to God, when their very remaining outside His Church is itself an abomination?
That's assuming that the RCC is the "ONLY one-true" church appointed and guided by Jesus.

The question is -- where's the beef?

After 2000 years, we should have ample real-world evidence to support that lofty claim.

Let's see? Only about 5% of humanity today are PRACTICING Catholics. The RCC is embroiled in sex-abuse and banking scandals. It uses "diplomatic immunity bestowed by Mussolini to block justice for sexually abused orphans.

This isn't the kind of real-world evidence we were expecting.

Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416197 Jan 16, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>well since they have many times before,why change now.
I think that cheesy religious claims should be taught in school.

Start with the absurd lie known as the Three Secrets of Fatima.

In the first, Mary terrorizes children with a horrific view of Hell.

In the second, Mary threatens humanity with WW2 unless she gets enough devotion.

School children would love to learn about these things.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416198 Jan 16, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times have you and other catholics on here posted that you DON'T PRAY TO MARY you pray WITH MARY?
I see a lot of praying TO Mary here.
http://www.catholic.org/prayers/prayer.php...
BUSTED!
Good Catholic link... Catholic.org .

"A Child's Prayer To Mary"

Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416199 Jan 16, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
you guys will stop at nothing to undermine Jesus Christ and the awesome gift He have us in the Eucharist.
You sound like little demons questioning all angles of our faith- trying to pull us away from the bread of life.
You have no authority to reverse this dogma nor countless others.
After 2000 years of real-life observations, 95% of humanity says your claim is BS.

While your "perfect morals teacher" was fighting against concepts such as democracy, the rule of law, human rights, and other quaint concepts, a bunch of "heretics" were building the foundation of modern democracies.

Jesus didn't die on the Cross to save 5% of mankind using a corrupt institution. That is absurd.

Stop making Jesus out to be an idiot.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#416200 Jan 16, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
It is sad when a person has the line between fantasy and reality blurred by religious indoctrination.
It would be so nice to hear what you propose the human race would do with:carnage,rape,murder,child abuse,theft,despots who take over nations and governments? That is just for starters.It seems that law-abiding,and many religious to say the least have formed great nations like this one.Not that those things I asked about are not at times overwhelming,but you spout off continually that we are in a dream world,fantasy land,with believing in GOD. Well it is a fact that atheists and agnostic types like yourself have no solutions to dealing with deep tragedies,and ultimately d e a t h itself.

You have little to comfort bereaved with,and no matter how much you believe that there is NO G o d,it will never put a dent on the fact that the whole universe,and especially this planet everyday proves that an Intelligent MIND is behind every aspect of life and human development.The human body is so complicated,yet every bit of it is wondrously made,and formed for the best of what human beings enjoy.

You have every right to voice your opinions no doubt,but you spend much time throwing stones at those who believe in an Awesome and wonderful God,who is able to destroy both body and soul.Jesus warned us "Do not fear those who can kill the body,but fear Him who can destroy both body and soul."You think that living in a G o d LESS world that we would all be better off,but I strongly disagree with you.

You can have a God less society if you move to Communist nations,but in those countries men and women who believe in God are under constant scrutiny,often debased,and many are incarcerated,and some even killed.It is a well known fact,and we know that persecution of religious peoples is a common practice in Communist Atheist counties to date. The former Soviet Union has been one of the worst offenders,for 75 years all religion was under powerful persecution.Labor Camps were formed by the thousands to incarcerate,men and women,who were religious and taught their children about God. Many of the children of religious parents were sent to places where they were fed a daily diet of Atheist propaganda,many of those children suffered abuse,rape,and some were killed

Your atheism does not hold one iota of life and comfort for both Body and Soul.All that is moral in us is contained within the soul. Sorry if you do not believe we do not have souls. But all that is good,moral and of a higher calling in human beings is in the soul and spirit.You can believe what you want,life has proven these things exist and continue to uphold,and bring human beings to a higher level of CONSCIENCE,dignity and human compassion.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416201 Jan 16, 2013
Someone please explain.... why Jesus would use a fascist dictator to bestow up His supposed church the power of diplomatic immunity?

Please explain in light of the fact that this power has been used to:

--- avoid investigations of banking scandals

--- avoid justice for sexually abused orphans

--- avoid justice for abused deaf children

Someone please explain why Jesus would ever be behind these CHURCH (not individual) actions?
Pad

Fishers, IN

#416202 Jan 16, 2013
"Sorry if you do not believe we do not have souls." the first NOT is an error.I make mistakes,I am a human being.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#416203 Jan 16, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Catholic link... Catholic.org .
"A Child's Prayer To Mary"
How utterly despicable! What a travesty! What an abomination!!!
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#416204 Jan 16, 2013
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
All true life stories picked up from true catholics. Regina asked for more info and I gave it.
There's more I have an ex coworker and a friend who lives south of San Diego closed to the border. He got divorce some 20 years ago and wants to re marry now. I don't know if he was married in TJ or SD. He is doing the same thing my father in law is doing in Colombia which is paying the cc to get it done.
Deny it all you want, it won't go away.
The bigger picture is that you have nothing to say and ignoring completely the article about admiring and parading a corpse.
Selling and/or buying divorce, indulgences and who knows what else is over and done. I said what I had to and it is absolutely true.
You are probably confusing annulment with divorce and that has already been gone around several times in here and what that entails.

First, do not assume I read nor have the time to respond to all the nonsense people post in here most of which has been addressed numerous times. Second the issue at hand is the claim that indulgences are granted for money not that you even understand what an indulgence is let alone believe it. I did not read any article nor do I care to, but until you demonstrate that you even have a clue what an indulgence entails it is not worthy of time. Again however the issue is the truth of your false claims that the church accepts money for indulgences. Furthermore your claim the church sells divorces. lol

Please provide proof from any official Catholic source that this is a teaching or practice. Heresay about what someone you know may or may not have said is not proof. You have made the accusation so it is on you to prove your assertion. If some rogue were too practice that they would be reprimanded, but truth is not your strong suit.

I will give you little help.

ISSUE: What does the Catholic Church teach about remarriage after divorce? Can divorced and remarried Catholics substitute their personal judgment for a Church annulment? Can divorced and remarried Catholics receive Holy Communion?

RESPONSE: The Catholic Church does not permit the practice of divorce and remarriage under any circumstances. As our Lord says,“The man who divorces his wife and marries another is guilty of adultery against her. And if a woman divorces her husband and marries another, she is guilty of adultery too”(Mk. 10:11-12). One can be an innocent victim of divorce, and serious circumstances may warrant a separation of spouses, but remarriage is morally wrong.[1]

http://www.cuf.org/faithfacts/details_view.as...
MICHAEL

Canada

#416205 Jan 16, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this guy a character from the movie MASH?
Godless buffoons all!
FREE MIND says.....Is this guy a character from the movie MASH?

MICHAEL says. YUP! He was KLINGER!.........
MICHAEL

Canada

#416206 Jan 16, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>It would be so nice to hear what you propose the human race would do with:carnage,rape,murder,child abuse,theft,despots who take over nations and governments? That is just for starters.It seems that law-abiding,and many religious to say the least have formed great nations like this one.Not that those things I asked about are not at times overwhelming,but you spout off continually that we are in a dream world,fantasy land,with believing in GOD. Well it is a fact that atheists and agnostic types like yourself have no solutions to dealing with deep tragedies,and ultimately d e a t h itself.
You have little to comfort bereaved with,and no matter how much you believe that there is NO G o d,it will never put a dent on the fact that the whole universe,and especially this planet everyday proves that an Intelligent MIND is behind every aspect of life and human development.The human body is so complicated,yet every bit of it is wondrously made,and formed for the best of what human beings enjoy.
You have every right to voice your opinions no doubt,but you spend much time throwing stones at those who believe in an Awesome and wonderful God,who is able to destroy both body and soul.Jesus warned us "Do not fear those who can kill the body,but fear Him who can destroy both body and soul."You think that living in a G o d LESS world that we would all be better off,but I strongly disagree with you.
You can have a God less society if you move to Communist nations,but in those countries men and women who believe in God are under constant scrutiny,often debased,and many are incarcerated,and some even killed.It is a well known fact,and we know that persecution of religious peoples is a common practice in Communist Atheist counties to date. The former Soviet Union has been one of the worst offenders,for 75 years all religion was under powerful persecution.Labor Camps were formed by the thousands to incarcerate,men and women,who were religious and taught their children about God. Many of the children of religious parents were sent to places where they were fed a daily diet of Atheist propaganda,many of those children suffered abuse,rape,and some were killed
Your atheism does not hold one iota of life and comfort for both Body and Soul.All that is moral in us is contained within the soul. Sorry if you do not believe we do not have souls. But all that is good,moral and of a higher calling in human beings is in the soul and spirit.You can believe what you want,life has proven these things exist and continue to uphold,and bring human beings to a higher level of CONSCIENCE,dignity and human compassion.
Why are American Jails/prisons busting!! at the seems filled with christians?

I'm just sayin!

http://current.com/community/92831935_atheist...

Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416207 Jan 16, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
How utterly despicable! What a travesty! What an abomination!!!
Nothing wrong with teaching a child to pray to Mary. Pray to whoever you want.

You guys are the ones denying it, not me.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#416208 Jan 16, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad good friend
Here is the hope. Because people seek in faith to serve God, but in themselves may incorrectly understand, these people serve God's purpose.
In a certain respect, we are all heretical, because we do not have a perfect understanding all the time of God's Will, since we are only human. Even Jesus didn't know the time of his return.
It is for this reason that we hope in God, because we know He is trustworthy, and will accomplish in us, what we fail to do.
And if we go astray in understanding, God will go and get us, and reveal himself, as he did on the road to Emmaus.
God's goodness will overcome evil.
Well said,and could be applied to all our arguements.BUT,thank God,we have His Word,and as never before that Word needs to be taken off the shelf and read,and applied to our spiritual conscience as well.

Thank you for your comment,I will heed it for myself!
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#416209 Jan 16, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are American Jails/prisons busting!! at the seems filled with christians?
I'm just sayin!
"Atheists Supply Less Than 1% Of Prison Populations, While Christians Make Up 75%."

It's ashamed that 75% of Christians give the other 25% a bad name.
truth

Lesmurdie, Australia

#416210 Jan 16, 2013
Who is real?
I mean real..long time ago in matrix is evil..now..still you have time..who is real?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Apr 18 G-Tee 10,755
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr 12 Wisdom of Ages 1
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Apr 5 dubiecatholicarch... 3
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Apr 5 helpful links 40
News 'Hell does not exist,' says Pope Francis Apr 5 thepopeonthetwit 3
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb '18 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb '18 Leary 43