Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683631 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#416007 Jan 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
so it doesn't matter to you that a person of such low moral standing and capable of such evils is handing out communion to you and how many others every day.
Woe onto you , you hypocrites and scribes.
who call evil good, and good evil.
No, it doesn't matter as it has no effect on Christ who is present in the sacrament.

My priest is a sinful man same as me and you and your minister. Your minister serves you crackers and grape juice and calls it "communion". I actually am blessed as I am able to partake in the Body and Blood of Christ and be one with Him.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#416008 Jan 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony,
When you understand the difference between physical bread and spiritual bread.....
But Simon Peter answered Him,“Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.
Many of His disciples missed the whole point, but NOT the Apostle Peter.
I understand the difference between spiritual and physical. Do you understand the difference between spiritual and symbolic?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#416009 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan...I noticed you like to cuss. Do you normally cuss when you are sharing John 6?
Actually..I knew it would come out sooner or later. That's how catholics roll...lol
When did I "cuss"?

If I did, I guess its better to cuss while sharing John 6 than smile while ignoring it.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#416010 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep....He speaks spiritually. Lol...not eating a cracker
It's all about the heart Dan...faith in Him...ring any bells???
Ok. Does that mean you think Jesus is spiritually present in your crackers and grape juice or just symbolically?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#416011 Jan 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice anecdote here but it has nothing to do with your claim that Cardinal Law did not repent and confess his sins.
it is easy to say that while here in the us, givng communion, and still living in sin, he hadnt REPENTED, if he had, he would have admitted his crimes and faced up to them as a Christian, instead he chose to flee from the Authorities

therefore while living in sin, his prayers would not have been answered and that piece of grain stayed exactly what it is in the first place, and those people received nothing.

exactly opposite of Christianity, which has Jesus land God living already in their heart
Dan

Omaha, NE

#416012 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>bidding? youuse words and you dont even know what they mean.
{A demand that something be done; a command}
Prayer to God cant be a command, so dont be so stupid.
Dictionaries define "repent" as "to feel sorry for sin and seek forgiveness." But the parable of the prodigal son shows that repentance is more than this. The process of repentance includes:
1. The recognition of and acceptance of personal responsibility for sin.
2. A sincere feeling of remorse and sorrow for having sinned.
3. A conscious decision to stop the wrong-doing.
4. An actual "turning away from" the sin. This is a change of direction in behavior.
5. A confession of sin and a humble request for forgiveness. The request for forgiveness is made to the one who has been hurt by the sin.
6. An offer to make amends for the hurt that was caused by the sin.
Repentance is not just an intellectual exercise of "feeling sorry" for sins. Repentance involves a "turning" or "reorientation" of one's life. The evidence of that change is seen in the "fruit," or how a person lives. John the Baptist told those who came to confess their sins that they must "bear fruit that befits (evidences) repentance" (Matthew 3:8).
Chuck told me that he prayed and God saved him. Not before-when Chuck prayed is when God saved him. Chuck brought it about himself, according to him. God, according to Chuck, is a hopeful suitor knocking on our hearts waiting for us to do something.

Chuck didn't mention repentance, to my recollection.
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#416013 Jan 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget, statistically speaking it's more likely that your pastor is a pedophile (i.e., your own father) than a Catholic priest.
It isn't by the power or holiness of the priest that the bread and wine is changed into the body and blood of Christ. No priest, bishop or pope has that kind of power or perfect holiness.
While I chew LTM, give me the name and address of your little group because I want to get myself up there to join since you have a pastor who is completely sinless. Oh, wait, you mean your pastors and congregants aren't sinless? Well then, you who are without sin...
, who holds up the wafer and the cup of wine Anthony, I have seen a priest do that, then say it is the flesh and blood of Christ.
If I am wrong please inlighting me.
My father has been dead many years Anthony, I have beable to put that behind me and forgive my father. What I am so glad to know is He made His peace with God before He died as did my Mom.
I was beside my Moms bed when she past, her eyes were shiny like she saw soemthing so beautiful, my sister said she was looking around the room she sort of rised up in bed to get a closer look.
By the way my father was a pentecostal preacher,I am not pentecost.
I am a born again Spirit filled believer in God the Father, God the Son And God the Holy Spirit, I ALMIGHTY .
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#416014 Jan 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
so it doesn't matter to you that a person of such low moral standing and capable of such evils is handing out communion to you and how many others every day.
Are your preachers sinless when they're preaching and praying over you? Does God hear their prayers? Are you sinless when you pray and does He hear your words?
ReginaM

Lakehurst, NJ

#416015 Jan 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you claiming to be of higher "moral standing" than other people? Incapable of "such evils"?

9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed:‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said,‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

(Instead of reading Genesis tonight, I'd suggest you spend as much time as possible prayerfully studying this teaching of Christ and how it applies to you.)
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#416016 Jan 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. Does that mean you think Jesus is spiritually present in your crackers and grape juice or just symbolically?
I don't think anything of grape juice and crackers. When we have communion, I remember the sacrifice of Christ...I ain't eatin Him
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#416018 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>who ever told you that the word"rapture" was added 75 years ago has lied to you, and who told told you that a word was added is also lying to you.
Paul knew Greek and he knew the "concept" of Gods People not being killed by God Himself, as will happen to many people.the first church that I began to attend back in 1982 was studying Revelations(no Sunday school books, they went verse by verse until the whole Bible was studied and then started all over again). now this should have been way over a young converts head but I had read the whole book at Sears while waiting to get tires put on my car, so I was somewhat familiar with it.and the verses that we were on concerned the destruction of 1/3 of the people at one time, and the question was asked, why 1/3 at a time. and when noone could answer < i did.
and I told the class that man had tried to destroy 1/3 of the Trinity and now God was punishing the world for that crime, and unlike man, who really couldnt kill God, since he is Alive today, God could kill man, and He will some day, but we who are alive when the Trump sounds, will not have to face the Judgement that God pronounces on this World, we will be safe in the Bosom of Abraham.
Just as Jesus called Lazarus, he will call us and we will leave. if he<Jesus> had just said "come forth", every dead person would have "come forth". I believe that, He has that Power.
I took it to mean 1/3 of the angel followed satan. Thanks for sharing that. Preston.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#416019 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck told me that he prayed and God saved him. Not before-when Chuck prayed is when God saved him. Chuck brought it about himself, according to him. God, according to Chuck, is a hopeful suitor knocking on our hearts waiting for us to do something.
Chuck didn't mention repentance, to my recollection.
My apologies...I assumed you knew about repentance. Tell me what you do know and we can start there.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#416020 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it is easy to say that while here in the us, givng communion, and still living in sin, he hadnt REPENTED, if he had, he would have admitted his crimes and faced up to them as a Christian, instead he chose to flee from the Authorities
therefore while living in sin, his prayers would not have been answered and that piece of grain stayed exactly what it is in the first place, and those people received nothing.
exactly opposite of Christianity, which has Jesus land God living already in their heart
Are you sinless when you pray and does He hear your words?

The Cardinal and every priest prays for forgiveness of their sins before every consecration, but it is not they or by their power that the bread and wine is changed.

Location hidden

#416021 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight:
"well here is ONE preacHer that doesnt tell people what to saay to get saved" you say, before launching into an abridged version of "ATEM's Old Time Gospel Hour" whereupon you tell us:
"i told him that all he had to do was ask God to come into his life.and he did.
AND HE DID."
....and then, you go on to tell us the man is in Heaven.
You really should proofread your posts.
what i said is not the "sinners prayer" ,
But as chuck told you, you can find a sinners prayer in the Book of Romans. we call it the "roman road".when you use all of the corresponding verses.and chuck, 4gvn all know what I am talking about.

Dan.here is a sample of it, now read it and compare it to the few words that I said to Bob.

Salvation Prayer
Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness.

I believe that your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin.

You said in Your Holy Word, Romans 10:9 that if we confess the Lord our God and believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead, we shall be saved.

Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. With my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior and according to His Word, right now I am saved.

Thank you Jesus for your unlimited grace which has saved me from my sins. I thank you Jesus that your grace never leads to license, but rather it always leads to repentance. Therefore Lord Jesus transform my life so that I may bring glory and honor to you alone and not to myself.

Thank you Jesus for dying for me and giving me eternal life.
Amen.If you just said this prayer and you meant it with all your heart, we believe that you just got saved and are born again.

and since I never heard him utter one word,similiar to these words, it still was a sinners prayer, if he took my advice, and he did, he is in heaven. and Dan, bob left a testimony behind(UNLIKE LAW). a few days while he was in the hospital, one of the nurses(a christian) called cathie and said that bob was in ther and she remarked about how his demeanor had changed so much. I told her that I had visited with bob a few days ago and that I believed that he had accepted Christ in his life

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#416022 Jan 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"grows up in the world, and gets knocked about" - odd choice of words considering all religions seem to get "knocked about".
You have Catholics against the Protestants.
You have many individuals (various religions) against Islam, because of a bad few.
Your sad tale is nothing new. Yet "you" - that's right, your Self places you in the downtrodden wallowing. People like you are the reasons we were in the Dark Ages for so long.
IMO - you are no different than the terrorists of other religions, thinking that an organization has power over others. Oh it does, but only for those who allow it to be so. Self.
<quoted text>
Citation please.
- evidence that specifically shows "God" doing this.
+ videos are bonus points!!
I disagree.
<quoted text>
Ah-ha!! We are back to Self.
Why do you deny this Entity?
<quoted text>
WOW!! Now you are saying that "God" is limited.
Hmmmm.....
Citation please. Please show me the evidence of where you know the mind of "God", in that "He" is able to do this.
Why do you think you know what "God" can or cannot do?
<quoted text>
Citation please.
Do you even read what you post, before you make these claims?
<quoted text>
Oh - I see.....backpedaling with "the evidence is plain".
Yeah - now y ou are being more truthful - thanks. An honest person would admit that they truly don't know what "God" can or cannot do.
You are almost there. I can see the honesty peeking through the shell now. This is a perfect example of how you can hone your honesty.
<quoted text>
Self is "god-like" and in some eyes, a "part of God displaced" and returns to its source only through death.
No being in our world knows the vastness of the One true Creator.
- if you say you do "know" Him, they you are a liar.
To be more specific, duality has always existed - light/darkness -- good /evil -- positive/negative....but, womewhere through your past (however the way you learned what you believe [Self]), you ended up refusing to admit to this, because you sternly believe that "good" created "evil" ("God" creating the Universe).
<quoted text>
Nah - we've always been in the game - but now, it is a whole new ballgame.
NASL

No....I am kind of stuck in the High Medieval Ages, not the Dark Ages....The New Dark Age has already returned, and you can't see(but you sense it, I know you do), because its so dark. It always happens after major devastating wars. In our times, the last 100 years murdered more people than all ages before....I only live here as a pleasure for God.

It is obvious that the Mind of God gave man free-will. It is just as obvious that in order to have free-will, that God allows sin.

(Likewise, I profess to being a Christian. And not as some faction or fraction of a Christian.)

If you want to say that God who can only do good, allowed free-will, in order to do good, then I understand. But God permits/allows evil, without being and doing evil. In short God does not sin, but can by overwhelming goodness overcome evil....

Evil is permitted in Creation. That is why in Gnosticism, Self is unified with Creation, there is no end of evil. In the Christian view when one is united to God, there is no evil.

Do you understand why I always call Gnosticism dark now? It is part of Creation.(We are in a New Dark Age.)Satan appears bright(enlightened) to the mind(in our Age as knowledge and technology), as the mind is so easily deceived, no matter how right and justifed one "thinks" one is, and how much "peace"(self-centere d/narcissism) one experiences....

Don't worry too much, everyone needs to learn this lesson, then understand, and grow wise....

Location hidden

#416023 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The soup sounds good but I'll save the crackers for LTM and atem's communion service.
sorry, but we dont eat crackers. we eat unleavend bread made from wheat.the women make it and it is broke by myself and other ministers or elders.

and after this service, foot washing is observed.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#416024 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think anything of grape juice and crackers. When we have communion, I remember the sacrifice of Christ...I ain't eatin Him
That's nice. In your services you aren't consuming the body and blood of Christ, it is, in fact, just crackers and grape juice. You'd have to convert to the Catholic or Orthodox faith in order to receive Him in the Eucharist.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#416025 Jan 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
, who holds up the wafer and the cup of wine Anthony, I have seen a priest do that, then say it is the flesh and blood of Christ.
If I am wrong please inlighting me.
My father has been dead many years Anthony, I have beable to put that behind me and forgive my father. What I am so glad to know is He made His peace with God before He died as did my Mom.
I was beside my Moms bed when she past, her eyes were shiny like she saw soemthing so beautiful, my sister said she was looking around the room she sort of rised up in bed to get a closer look.
By the way my father was a pentecostal preacher,I am not pentecost.
I am a born again Spirit filled believer in God the Father, God the Son And God the Holy Spirit, I ALMIGHTY .
They do indeed hold up the chalice and host and proclaim it to be the body and blood of Christ, which at that point it is. This makes sense as the priest does everything else at Mass also.

I'm assuming that you have some difficulty with this relatively simple act as well.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#416026 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies...I assumed you knew about repentance. Tell me what you do know and we can start there.
I know about repentance. I said you hadn't mentioned it in our prior discourse.

Location hidden

#416027 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You held court earlier and told me they didn't pray, now you're comparing the prayers?
What prayers does a Catholic priest say at the Eucharist? Show me.
I'd say you're about as smart as the average bear.
They can't read, comprehend or string a cogent sentence together either. They, like you, also have no earthly idea as to what Law has confessed and what he hasn't. They, unlike you, are quiet about it.
this question is so easy to answer, lol

What prayers does a Catholic priest say at the Eucharist.

UNANSWERED PRAYERS.LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Wed Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
News Pope Francis says 2,000 sex abuse cases backlog... Jul 10 Samoht 7
More from around the web