Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675535 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415985 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
I just got tired of having to scroll down the same post half a dozen times.
Preston and Chuck don't vex me.
Dan,

I know it is cold where you are at....

Just open you a can of Campbells soup and crackers and think things over....

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#415986 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
If thats another quote from that Jesus Christ guy, just ignore it like John 6. I'll pretend it's not there too. Does that help?
Well you, like many of your so-called fellow followers have already with many teachings, what is just one more?

Why don't you believe Jesus?
Pat

East Granby, CT

#415987 Jan 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
God's Word is NOT that hard to understand....
True, it's hard to get confused over nothing.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#415988 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>well here is ONE preacHer that doesnt tell people what to saay to get saved. NO ONE TOLD ME EITHER.
I have spoke on this before. one time, I was asked to come and talk to man(as mean as they come too)after talking to him, the Spirit fell in his home, and I asked him if he wanted to pray, and while wer were praying for him he told me taht he didnt know how to pray and I then told him that when i got saved, I didnt know how either.
and so, i made it very simple for him when i told him that all he had to do was ask God to come into his life.and he did.
AND HE DID.
very simple and if a person wants God in their life, it will work for them too.
that man died a week or so after that. but his reward is the same as a man that has known God for 50 years.
and that man was never baptised, nor did he ever take communion.
Nice anecdote here but it has nothing to do with your claim that Cardinal Law did not repent and confess his sins.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415989 Jan 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what your denomination teaches, but all these fundamentalists say their crackers are merely symbolic. Since when is SPIRITUAL the same as symbolic? The bible never says spiritual and symbolic are the same....
Tony,

When you understand the difference between physical bread and spiritual bread.....

But Simon Peter answered Him,ôLord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.

Many of His disciples missed the whole point, but NOT the Apostle Peter.

Pat

East Granby, CT

#415990 Jan 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure are PAT.....thanks for finally admitting it....
But of course we knew it all along...
Life along hillbilly highway....

Albuquerque, NM

#415991 Jan 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus's flesh suffering on the cross profiteth nothing?
"This IS My body, this IS My blood"
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
"Approved" Church miracles + physical evidence = ability to prove with DNA testing.
So prove it.
Nope! That's why it's called faith. No proof. Even the Rcc knows these miracles make for good show, but nothing more.
Like the teachings of Jesus, they'll believe anything that is told to them without proof.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#415992 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Been here, done that.
Need a response from you still on how Christ is unable to fulfill His promise in John 6.
Dan...I noticed you like to cuss. Do you normally cuss when you are sharing John 6?

Actually..I knew it would come out sooner or later. That's how catholics roll...lol
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415993 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>well here is ONE preacHer that doesnt tell people what to saay to get saved. NO ONE TOLD ME EITHER.
I have spoke on this before. one time, I was asked to come and talk to man(as mean as they come too)after talking to him, the Spirit fell in his home, and I asked him if he wanted to pray, and while wer were praying for him he told me taht he didnt know how to pray and I then told him that when i got saved, I didnt know how either.
and so, i made it very simple for him when i told him that all he had to do was ask God to come into his life.and he did.
AND HE DID.
very simple and if a person wants God in their life, it will work for them too.
that man died a week or so after that. but his reward is the same as a man that has known God for 50 years.
and that man was never baptised, nor did he ever take communion.
Let me get this straight:

"well here is ONE preacHer that doesnt tell people what to saay to get saved" you say, before launching into an abridged version of "ATEM's Old Time Gospel Hour" whereupon you tell us:

"i told him that all he had to do was ask God to come into his life.and he did.
AND HE DID."

....and then, you go on to tell us the man is in Heaven.

You really should proofread your posts.
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#415995 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Eucharist is the body and blood of Christ, thus uncorruptible.
Chew on that, wiseass.
so it doesn't matter to you that a person of such low moral standing and capable of such evils is handing out communion to you and how many others every day.
Woe onto you , you hypocrites and scribes.
who call evil good, and good evil.

Location hidden

#415994 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He came at your bidding. You cited scripture so I'd know it happened that way.
In the same post, you let us know that you'd limit Christ's ability to fufill His promise in John 6. How does that work, exactly? You said He can't be present but you haven't explained how.
bidding? youuse words and you dont even know what they mean.

{A demand that something be done; a command}

Prayer to God cant be a command, so dont be so stupid.

Dictionaries define "repent" as "to feel sorry for sin and seek forgiveness." But the parable of the prodigal son shows that repentance is more than this. The process of repentance includes:

1. The recognition of and acceptance of personal responsibility for sin.

2. A sincere feeling of remorse and sorrow for having sinned.

3. A conscious decision to stop the wrong-doing.

4. An actual "turning away from" the sin. This is a change of direction in behavior.

5. A confession of sin and a humble request for forgiveness. The request for forgiveness is made to the one who has been hurt by the sin.

6. An offer to make amends for the hurt that was caused by the sin.

Repentance is not just an intellectual exercise of "feeling sorry" for sins. Repentance involves a "turning" or "reorientation" of one's life. The evidence of that change is seen in the "fruit," or how a person lives. John the Baptist told those who came to confess their sins that they must "bear fruit that befits (evidences) repentance" (Matthew 3:8).
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415996 Jan 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you, like many of your so-called fellow followers have already with many teachings, what is just one more?
Self.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#415997 Jan 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe Arthur?
Absolutely.

Atheists and theists do not argue over the merits of believing in aliens on Pluto, or leprechauns. We rarely dispute what is or is not valid evidence for something outside the scope of religion (death denial). Theists prove every day that they can and do use normal reasoning. They can even serve on juries! It is ONLY in matters that conflict with the theists cherished death denial mythology that these disagreements arise. This clearly proves the hypocrisy and dishonesty of the theist, attempting to protect their cherished beliefs.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415998 Jan 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan,
I know it is cold where you are at....
Just open you a can of Campbells soup and crackers and think things over....
The soup sounds good but I'll save the crackers for LTM and atem's communion service.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#415999 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you suppose the world has changed. I say because of sin...what do you say?
I say human behavior has not changed very much in the last 50,000 years.

Albuquerque, NM

#416000 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He knows everything. He's God. The whole "omniscient" thing.
I don't know what He knows, because I'm not God.
The contradiction in this post, clearly displays your lack of intelligence.

How do yo know "He knows everything?"

How do you know "He" is actually of the make gender?

Omniscience ('infinite knowledge') is a paradox in itself.
a. if you say you don't know what "God" knows, then how do you know "He" is omniscient?

You seem confused and unlearned in this aspect.

Albuquerque, NM

#416001 Jan 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It is so SAD when a person CANNOT discern between the physical and spiritual.....
Lost forever.....
Do you need some help?

Location hidden

#416002 Jan 15, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really want to go there 'wafer boy'. You are being stupid.
chill out and leave the insults alone
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#416003 Jan 15, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I say human behavior has not changed very much in the last 50,000 years.
You should see the shocked look on my face.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#416004 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>look at what I say amd the difference between them and what you say.
you say they Pray, that means nothing to me.
now look at my words and see how completely different that they are.
well, unlike your priests, when and before we partake, we have Prayer, and {{{make SURE nothing is between God and ourself.}}} if it is, we take care of it right then by asking for forgiveness, which isnt hard to do.
Law hasnt done that or else he would be held accountable for his sins and misdeeds,
finally I am pleased that you recognize that I am much smarter than the average bear.lol
You held court earlier and told me they didn't pray, now you're comparing the prayers?

What prayers does a Catholic priest say at the Eucharist? Show me.

I'd say you're about as smart as the average bear.

They can't read, comprehend or string a cogent sentence together either. They, like you, also have no earthly idea as to what Law has confessed and what he hasn't. They, unlike you, are quiet about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Mr Sir 10,518
News Pope Francis meets 4 Imams to open a Christian-... Apr 21 Joe 30
News Pope opens free laundromat for the poor Pope Fr... Apr 12 True Christian wi... 1
News Role of women in the modern Catholic Church 'un... Apr 9 South Knox Hombre 1
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) Apr 7 Teana Trump 53
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Mar 31 whirlingmerc 9
News Pope Francis will do 'everything he can' to vis... Mar 31 Gods r Delusions ... 1
More from around the web