Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
400,561 - 400,580 of 537,289 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>

I don't care how many years you have been a priest because many don't understand the bible as well as my son did at the age of 7.
Pride and arrogance.

WOW!!

I disagree that even you understand the Bible, let alone a 7 yr old child.

Repent now LTM - there is plenty of time.

"To know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - Jesus
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it is symbolic, clay, not reality.
if a person is living in sin, and yet takes this ritual, which is religious in nature, Partakes, then they are lying to the Holy Ghost and will receive the same judgement as annias and his wife.
I think that Paul is telling you exactly what I am telling you too.
as I just told dan using his chapter, it is BELIEF in Jesus himself, that saves a person.
that piece of grain and that grape has no Saving power.
Gof God so loved the world tha He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever BELEIVETH in Him, should not perish but have everlasting life.
that verse contains all the info that any person needs to be Saved,
and it contains no reference to a piece of grain nor a grape,
only a belief in Jesus Christ. and an acceptance.
no matter what you say, I am going to come back to one and only major theme of the Bible. beleif!
Belief is important. So is actually partaking in the food as Christ commanded.
You can't simply believe in Christ but reject everything He said.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how God never makes it easy by being clear and specific.
It took a few hundred years to come up with the trinity concept.
I wish God wasn't so ambiguous, because then people might be able to agree -- on simple things. Like you don't sell indulgences and stuff like that.
And they are expensive too along with divorces.
My father in law is trying to remarry and the church is charging him $3k for the divorce, and that's because he has connections otherwise it would be close to 10k
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad
I only have a minute. But I think the problem here is more one of identifying Jesus is God and not an angel....
One cannot have happiness, blessedness without God. And that is why God came in the flesh, so that we might be blessed. If it were just an angel, then our soul would not be happy. God created man to be happy.
Hi Robert F. You are right about the angel theory which both the Jehovah Witnesses and even the 7th Day Adventists seem to think Jesus is.Of course they get it from those Scriptures that typify Jesus as the Angel of the LORD.He is like unto the Angels, in htat He is not limited to space or time,and He can be swiftly in one place within minutes or even seconds.

It is a subject that leaves us to read all of the Bible,all of what Jesus said,and to see HIM as He really is.

Satan no doubt seeks to distort the image of Christ in those who believe.But /Satan also knows that the REAL Jesus is Whom the jealousy of Satan sought to destroy in one way or another.Satan wanted as Lucifer,to not only be Archangel,but to rise above the greatness of God as stated in Isaiah.
"I will ascend beyond the stars of heaven." Anything that will lessen Jesus to be created and not from the Essence of the Father,pleases the deception of the Evil one.IT is Satan's ultimate plan to destroy every truth concerning Jesus.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief is important. So is actually partaking in the food as Christ commanded.
You can't simply believe in Christ but reject everything He said.
sorry but clay, I dont reject anything that He said but i do have a good understanding of what He meant.and that is important.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, clay but as I showed early,
Daniel wrote that in the last days, men would become much smarter than the ignorance displayed, as in the case of iggie who was so insane that he actually wanted to die, and while waiting, he wrote letters that were not considered to be very truthful, and he is one of your main apologists.
just because your catholic church forced people into not being allowed to read the bible, years ago, so of course, many things that the bible taught and said would not have been known.
this verse wasnt just added a few decade ago.lol
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
it has been in the Bible since at least 1611.lol
Are you saying we've become so smart now, that we can over rule the Apostles? ooh. I don't think I wanna go there Preston. That is asking for trouble.

Ignatius wanted to die a Martyr. He heard the gospel directly from the Apostle John.
I'm really not sure why you'd not care what this man had to say.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, clay but as I showed early,
Daniel wrote that in the last days, men would become much smarter than the ignorance displayed, as in the case of iggie who was so insane that he actually wanted to die, and while waiting, he wrote letters that were not considered to be very truthful, and he is one of your main apologists.
just because your catholic church forced people into not being allowed to read the bible, years ago, so of course, many things that the bible taught and said would not have been known.
this verse wasnt just added a few decade ago.lol
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
it has been in the Bible since at least 1611.lol
I've yet to see any proof that the CC forced people into not being allowed to read the bible.
I know they forbid private interpretation. duh. we're approaching 50,000 different Christianities as a result of this. When will it end?

Did Christ say "write some letters and give to the people and tell them to figure out what my will is"?

Man, look what the book of Revelation has done to the JW and SDA cults! And they ain't even Christians!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying we've become so smart now, that we can over rule the Apostles? ooh. I don't think I wanna go there Preston. That is asking for trouble.
Ignatius wanted to die a Martyr. He heard the gospel directly from the Apostle John.
I never said at any time that my opinion overrules what was taught in the Bible.

I think PAD just posted that very little was taught by all of the Apostles about the bread and wine.

but much was taught about belief in the ONE that God Sent.and it is that beleif that will save you not apiece of grian nor a grape.

gonna hit the sack now, will be up later. cold weather after the damp weather is klling these old bones of mine.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry but clay, I dont reject anything that He said but i do have a good understanding of what He meant.and that is important.
I say, if Our Lord meant the Eucharist to be what the first 1,600 yrs of Christianity thought it meant, and you changed it, you're in deep doo doo.

Gotta sleep. good night.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
What? You think we're denying that we worship and adore Jesus Christ? We do worship and adore Him, it's not a secret and there's nothing new about it. Christians have believed in the Real Presence for the last 2,000 years. What non-Christians believe is anybody's guess.
You also have been shown Bibical truth on here many times,according to the Holy Scriptures.
You call them lies. You also are with out excuse. When the terrible day of the Lord shall come on all those who choose to deny them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
you have been taught to tell us that about igie, but people like me believe the Bible and the bible says nothing about this kook. does it?

the Bible records over 3200 different people in the Bible, so you would think that if your statement was true, his name would easily be found. wouldnt it?
even a person(but not by name) who is as obscure as myself, can be found mentioned in the Bible, but yet this VIP for catholicism cant be found, and so you ask me to beleive this type of person, thanks but no thanks.

By the 5th century, this authentic collection had been enlarged by spurious letters, and some of the original letters had been changed with interpolations,

{{{created to posthumously enlist Ignatius as an unwitting witness in theological disputes of that age,}}} ME; THIS MEANS THAT SOMEONE LIED ABOUT HIM FOR WHATEVER REASON

{{{while the purported eye-witness account of his martyrdom is also thought to be a forgery from around the same time.}}}

{{{ A detailed but spurious account}}}SEE THIS

of Ignatius' arrest and his travails and martyrdom is the material of the Martyrium Ignatii which is presented as being an eyewitness account for the church of Antioch, and as if written by Ignatius' companions, Philo of Cilicia, deacon at Tarsus, and Rheus Agathopus, a Syrian.

BETTER TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT THE APOSTLES ACTUALLY TAUGHT.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You also have been shown Bibical truth on here many times,according to the Holy Scriptures.
You call them lies. You also are with out excuse. When the terrible day of the Lord shall come on all those who choose to deny them.
We been shown the biblical opinion of some born agains.. NOT biblical truth.
Slander and Propaganda is all you guys got.

The thing is: once your church gets caught deceiving about one teaching, it really doesn't matter if you're right on another. Your whole reputation comes crumbling down because you lied about something. And with all of Protestant land, the universal lie is sola scripture. Therefore nothing you guys have to say matters as you're already built on sand because sola scripture is unbiblical. Its a lie.
If I found out the Catholic Church was using deceit in her teachings, id cease being a Catholic right now. They have never done it.
LTM, not one single evangelical pastor can exist, UNLESS he stands up at the pulpit and lies about Catholics... I guarantee it. You got no religion LTM without using deception. Its been proven to ya countless times on here.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Rituals of people, cultures and religions are so different than others, yet still represent the similarities.
Example:
LTM posts about the monstrances, yet more than likely, she too does monstrances. Whichever days she decides to worship on, and more than likely on that day, she will pretty herself up and all dollied out, to go and worship in fellowship.
Rituals of vanity are probably just as bad as monstrances, but will LTM ever go to church in dirty clothes, or in yesterday's attire?
Who am I to speculate what a ritual is, especially when I conduct none, huh?
"To know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - Jesus
Every day is the Day the Lord has Made,
Every mornings His Grace and Mercy is fresh and new.
I worship the Lord my God every day. do you believe one day a week is good enough to thank God for all He has done.
I don't.
Those whose mind is on the Lord are in perfect peace.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you have been taught to tell us that about igie, but people like me believe the Bible and the bible says nothing about this kook. does it?
the Bible records over 3200 different people in the Bible, so you would think that if your statement was true, his name would easily be found. wouldnt it?
even a person(but not by name) who is as obscure as myself, can be found mentioned in the Bible, but yet this VIP for catholicism cant be found, and so you ask me to beleive this type of person, thanks but no thanks.
By the 5th century, this authentic collection had been enlarged by spurious letters, and some of the original letters had been changed with interpolations,
{{{created to posthumously enlist Ignatius as an unwitting witness in theological disputes of that age,}}} ME; THIS MEANS THAT SOMEONE LIED ABOUT HIM FOR WHATEVER REASON
{{{while the purported eye-witness account of his martyrdom is also thought to be a forgery from around the same time.}}}
{{{ A detailed but spurious account}}}SEE THIS
of Ignatius' arrest and his travails and martyrdom is the material of the Martyrium Ignatii which is presented as being an eyewitness account for the church of Antioch, and as if written by Ignatius' companions, Philo of Cilicia, deacon at Tarsus, and Rheus Agathopus, a Syrian.
BETTER TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT THE APOSTLES ACTUALLY TAUGHT.
Ah yes, the convenient protestant strategy on documents that conflict with them.
...find a way to throw it out!
Or
shape, mold and form it til you have the Christianity you want.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
By definition you would have to have a personal relationship with someone to make that determination.
Do you know him personally?
AFTER 3 YEAR ON HERE WITH HIM AS PERSONAL AS I DARE.......lol
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry buddy 3 does not equal 1. You keep saying father this and son that but you believe they are the same person. Now who's who confused?
The Father,the Son and the Holy Spirit are G O D.What is God? You should answer that question.But Moses was the first to come to know who God was,and IS. Did not God speak from the fiery bush and say 'I AM WHO I AM" "tell them"I AM has sent me"

God is CREATOR,and He has no beginning nor an End. We cannot imagine the extent of what is eternal.But God is Eternal,and it says in Genesis"Let Us make man in our image." God is Complete,self- contained,Almighty,and could have BEEN satisfied in H I S Person without creation.But He chose that because He sought to have relationship with beings that He would give the Pro-Creative ability to perpetuate life.

"This is My Son in Whom I am well Pleased." It is interesting that we human beings can have sons and daughters and enjoy their unique role with us as Blood relatives,yet God in the Father and the Son cannot by some reasoning on our own have that. The Father said to the Son"This day I have begotten Thee." He did not create the Son,but that the Son came from His Essence,and the fellowship they have is that of father and son,of the same BLOOD.

Only Jesus can know the extent of worshiping the Father in Spirit and in Truth,since He is called in Hebrews:"The Way,the Truth and the Life." No M a n can come to the Father above,unless he goes through the Son. As the same in many cases with human relationships.People who seek to meet a certain man may find a road block,in that the son or sons will keep them from meeting their father,without their permission or showing that the father is in their best interest.Certain cultures observe that.

JESUS is literally the:mind,body,soul and spirit of God the Father,in that He completely shares with the Apostles the reltionship of the INNER Circle as it were between the Father and the Son.Peter could not have known that Jesus was the Son of God,without the Holy Spirit,so it is the same with us.How can we know hte Son,as He continues to share the same glory with the Father,without a revelation of it by the Holy Spirit?
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I have been born again I have been hearing about these two witnesses.
I have been told that the two messengers, one man from the Nation of Israel, and one man from the Gentile Church because they both are witnesses for God.
Who knows we all shall see who they are in God's timing
Believe it or not you have come closest to the truth so far. very Good.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, if you already have Him, why do you feel that you receive HIm every week.
do you lose Him as soon as you walk out of the church?
what happens if you make Him mad and He doesnt come back next Sunday(or whenever).
what happens if you start to choke on Him and you spit Him out on the floor?
Now see, we who are Born Again, dont have those worries.
He is living inside of us, because we Believe.
which is really what it is all about, in obediance of His Word, not a piece of grain.
We receive Him at Holy Communion.

He promised this and that His Church would last until the end of days on Earth, so He will be there-He promised. All in the Bible.

Very bad form on the choking and spitting out reference. Poor breeding on your part.

If you really did obey His word in John 6, you'd believe as Catholics do-that you receive Him in the Eucharist. Now, you're mocking Him and His real presence.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it is symbolic, clay, not reality.
if a person is living in sin, and yet takes this ritual, which is religious in nature, Partakes, then they are lying to the Holy Ghost and will receive the same judgement as annias and his wife.
I think that Paul is telling you exactly what I am telling you too.
as I just told dan using his chapter, it is BELIEF in Jesus himself, that saves a person.
that piece of grain and that grape has no Saving power.
Gof God so loved the world tha He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever BELEIVETH in Him, should not perish but have everlasting life.
that verse contains all the info that any person needs to be Saved,
and it contains no reference to a piece of grain nor a grape,
only a belief in Jesus Christ. and an acceptance.
no matter what you say, I am going to come back to one and only major theme of the Bible. beleif!
"beleif" except in what Christ actually SAYS about His body and blood, several times, in John 6.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
And they are expensive too along with divorces.
My father in law is trying to remarry and the church is charging him $3k for the divorce, and that's because he has connections otherwise it would be close to 10k
Wow, you protestants are raking in a fortune! I know you're not referring to the Catholic Church, because she doesn't grant divorces, nor does she sell indulgences.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••