Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,112
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#415669 Jan 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I get no credit for posting from what the catholic's preached and printed themselves eh. LOL
Taking credit for someone else's work is plagiarism, or stealing. You want credit for theft?
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#415670 Jan 14, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM
Rev 12:1
"And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:"
So you are saying "...from Ur of the Chaldees, with the symbol of the Babylonian sun god Shamash within the crescent of the moon goddess Nanna." is from where Christianity has its origin.
I would say you stand on the line of absolute rejection of the Bible. You have so polluted yourself with hatred of Catholicism that you will condemn even the Bible in order to make yourself known....
The people you are quoting. Do you know their intent? These are fanatics. This verse in Rev. condemns them already. Please do not add to them your soul.
Please bear in mind, you are polluting yourself. I am not doing this to you. It is your choice to pursue the direction of your journey. The more you condemn, the more you will be condemned....The more you judge, the more you will be judged....
Rob, you are not understanding the Holy Scriptures, you are wrong!!!!
I don't care how many years you have been a priest because many don't understand the bible as well as my son did at the age of 7.
I never condemned anyone I have posted evidence right from catholic information it self and you don't beleive me.
What is wrong with you people, who is decieving who.
I didn't write that stuff your catholic fathers did.
Your church is the whore of Babylon, its leaders is (BAAL) satan the father of liars himself, the door way to hell is in the vatican, at the throne of the anti christ the very seat the Pope sits with the upside down cross.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#415671 Jan 14, 2013
Aviela wrote:
Why did he just not say I'm going to send myself and sacrifice myself. Why did Jesus tell satan: Stand behind me it is Jehovah you must worship. Why didn't he just say I am Jehovah worship me?
It takes more BLIND faith in the trinity than it does to believe Jehovah and Jesus are not the same beings. I for one don't think Jesus' intentions was to confuse the masses into thinking he was his father. The Jews in his days new he wasn't God. Jesus did not lie when he said people were going to believe strange teachings after his death.
Aviela,BECAUSE Jesus is not Jehovah,nor is He the Father,but the S o n. 1 x 1 x 1= One,there is no addition in the Godhead,but the multiplication equation that keeps one,but a plural one that has 3 distinct compnents in the one. God is the TITLE for the Father[-the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Out of the very mouth of Jehovah are His what? W O R D S.Those words are distinctly His,no one else's.Out of the very Essence of the Father, the Son was begotten,and through the W o r d.Since God is not Man that, He cannot lie, God's W o r d is pure and full truth,Jesus is called the Way, the Truth and the Life.It is by the very word or words of our mouths that we declare who and what we are,how we believe,how we live and so on.Since we are created in the Image and Likeness of God(who said"Let US make man in our image...")we and creation was created by the VERY Word of speaking forth.

But Jesus is actually from the Essence of God,of His loins as it were,His O N L Y Son of His Eternal Being.Jesus in the state of human kind declares the Perfect Will of His Father,because He is the only Son who ALONE can accomplish that,and in the human form of true felsh and blood,yet God with us,EMMANUEL.

We often forget Aviela,how God is far above us,not limited in size to our frame,but OMNIPRESENT.He is All in all, and His Son in the Person of Jesus is within the frame of our reference in that He is limited to our size,not equal to His Father while in that state of being a MAN. But who else could possibly know the Will of the Father,who is Omnipresent,and omniscient,than the W o r d of the Living God,J e s u s.

The Bible says Jesus is from the very beginning with the Father,that means that Jesus like His Father has no beginning Eternal, not made or created,but always with the Father.As the Divine W o r d,Jesus always was with the Father.It is a mystery we have to take by faith Aviela in realizing, the fact that God the Father sent His only Son to the world that in Him we have eternal life. It is G o d the Eternal Spirit who lives and dwells in the Godhead, and is distinctly three P e r s o n s: Father-Son and Holy Spirit.

Who can fathom the magnitude of this most sacred mystery of our LORD,and His Christ,in the Power of the Holy Spirit?

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

#415672 Jan 14, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
edited for space.
You do know Preston that long before the catholic fathers who many were ex-pagans they too worshipped a TRINITY of their gods.
http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/760...
Preston....
....It is a well confirmed historical fact! that beginning in about 130 A.D. many of the Catholic Church Fathers- the Apologists- were converts from paganism and trained pagan philosophers. These included Justin Martyr (ca. 100-165), Tatian (ca. 200) and Theophilus of Antioch (ca. 160-200). Indeed their knowledge of the Old Testament came through their readings of the philosopher Philo. Tertullian explicitly employed written works of pagan philosophers in support of his Christian philosophy (De Test. Animae I). Such fathers as Justin Martyr (Apol. I, 4, 5, 7, 20) and Athenagoras (ca. 177)(Suppli
in order to defend Christianity, stated that they were following some of the practices advocated by the best of the pagan philosophers. Clement of Alexandria (ca. 150-215) actually undertook to create a new Christian philosophy he termed the 'true philosophy'[Trinitarianism](St rom. II, 11)" (Robert A. Hermann, "Oneness, The Trinity, And Logic".

Catholicism created the trinity from the pagan philosophy.
Sorry!
You didn't know this and you are a preacher? OMG!
Your quote...

"Catholicism created the trinity from the pagan philosophy."

Catholics did NOT create the Trinity from pagan believes....lol
you are such a nut. Its created by God!!!

The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.
That's the Trinity, duh!

“ This doctrine of the Trinity was formulated over time, which fulfills the words of Jesus in John 16:12-13:

"I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come."

Jesus said…..
‘The Father and I are ONE”

“Holy Trinity was manifested all at once on earth, in Matthew 3:13-17:

Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John, to be baptized by him. John would have prevented him, saying, "I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?" But Jesus answered him, "Let it be so now; for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness." Then he consented. And when Jesus was baptized, he went up immediately from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and alighting on him; and lo, a voice from heaven, saying, "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased."

In the above verses, the person of Jesus Christ was present, the person of the Holy Spirit was present as a dove, and the person of the Father was present as a voice from Heaven.

Some false religions, like the Jehovah's Witnesses, teach a heresy that the Holy Spirit isn't a person, but is rather some kind of invisible force like electricity or something. John 14:17 says:

even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him; you know him, for he dwells with you, and will be in you.

Notice how Jesus Himself refers to the Holy Spirit with personal pronouns. He doesn't refer to the Holy Spirit as "it". Other false religions, like the Unitarians, deny the existence of the Trinity in their very name, the UNI - tarians. No bible believing Christian should listen to anything these people have to say. Denying the fact that there are three persons in one God is very unbiblical. Another heretical religion, the Mormons, teach that God is not one God, but three separate gods.”

zzzzzzz on that class too???

Notice how you quoted ‘ converts from paganism’, praying that you are touched by ‘The Spirit' of God and may God convert you too.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#415673 Jan 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
we're not worshipping the grain Preston. We are worshiping Jesus Christ.
no, it is not worship of Christ, you yourself said that you worship that ritual, and that is worship of the Creation.

that is a feel good experience without the Experience(of being Born Again).

If you or anyone gets saved and feels, really feels the Holy Ghost, you and them will finally know the difference,

and then this ritual will be realized by you what it really means.

it is done in remembrance and thanksgiving for His sacrifice. it is the real Blood that we ALL need to experience, not a grape
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415674 Jan 14, 2013
Deuteronomy 17:6

6 On the testimony of two or three witnesses a person is to be put to death, but no one is to be put to death on the testimony of only one witness.

Deuteronomy 19:15

15 One witness is not enough to convict anyone accused of any crime or offense they may have committed. A matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.

Zechariah 4:11-14

11 Then I asked the angel,“What are these two olive trees on the right and the left of the lampstand?”

12 Again I asked him,“What are these two olive branches beside the two gold pipes that pour out golden oil?”

13 He replied,“Do you not know what these are?”

“No, my lord,” I said.

14 So he said,“These are the two who are anointed to serve the Lord of all the earth.”

Jeremiah 5:14

14 Therefore this is what the Lord God Almighty says:

“Because the people have spoken these words,
I will make my words in your mouth a fire
and these people the wood it consumes.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#415675 Jan 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care how many years you have been a priest because many don't understand the bible as well as my son did at the age of 7.
I never condemned anyone I have posted evidence right from catholic information it self and you don't beleive me.
Your church is the whore of Babylon, its leaders is (BAAL) satan the father of liars himself, the door way to hell is in the vatican, at the throne of the anti christ the very seat the Pope sits with the upside down cross.
Wait....Rob F is a Priest??

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#415676 Jan 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't venerate statues and artwork.
It IS pleasing to the eye-they're beautiful.
The works and the work to create them are done for the glory of God.
I agree Dan, many are beautiful.

doesnt mean that I am going to bow down in front of one, tho.

How about you?

#415677 Jan 14, 2013
Pope Is a Huge Hit on Twitter

"The Holy Father’s successful first month of tweeting, amassing 2.5 million followers in eight languages, is hailed as an evangelization breakthrough.

by CNA/EWTN NEWS 01/11/2013 Comment

Pope Benedict XVI's background on Twitter.

VATICAN CITY — Pope Benedict XVI’s mass of 2.5 million followers in eight languages during his first month on Twitter has one Vatican priest calling the pontiff’s online presence “a new frontier” of evangelization.

Father Paolo Padrini, a collaborator of the Pontifical Council for Social Communications, said it is good that the Pope has so many followers, but it even more important that the Pope “seeks to co-exist and share on Twitter.”

“Being present in social media is evangelizing, if just for the fact that he is present with his words,” he told CNA Jan. 11."

Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/pope-is-...
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#415678 Jan 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>thanks, you proved that what others on here are writing are WRONG. it is to be eaten, not WORSHIPPED.
IT IS THE CREATOR WHO IS TO BE WORSHIPPED NOT THE CREATION(THE GRAIN AND THE FRUIT)
That's right, we worship Jesus.

Your beliefs regarding the Eucharist and the Blessed Sacrament are new-fangled. Christians never believed as you people do. You've been lied to by those who must rationalize their rejection of Christ and His church by demonizing it. I'm not saying this to be mean or offensive, but I'm obligated to tell you the truth.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#415679 Jan 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree Dan, many are beautiful.
doesnt mean that I am going to bow down in front of one, tho.
How about you?
You certainly could bow down as long as your intention is to pray and worship God.
God being God, would know if you are worshiping the stone or marble.

#415680 Jan 14, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
It says the first followers of the Way(Jesus) were first called Christians at Antioch.
Nothing about 'catholics', and so sad you take credit for the Bible which you don't follow.
Don't listen to LTM, she must have you convinced that the church was called 'The Way' it was not. All new Christians were of the same mind and followed Jesus’ way. Catholics are of the same 'mind.' It was first called Catholic in the first century by St Ignatius...b/c we are Universal [Catholic, all over the world.]

No marge, it you guys that don't follow the Bible... we go by what Jesus taught the Apostles, to this day.

Be thankful we Catholics gave you the Bible!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415681 Jan 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>no, it is not worship of Christ, you yourself said that you worship that ritual, and that is worship of the Creation.
that is a feel good experience without the Experience(of being Born Again).
If you or anyone gets saved and feels, really feels the Holy Ghost, you and them will finally know the difference,
and then this ritual will be realized by you what it really means.
it is done in remembrance and thanksgiving for His sacrifice. it is the real Blood that we ALL need to experience, not a grape
We receive Christ at Holy Communion-not a wafer.

See John 6.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#415682 Jan 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the son you were just having so much trouble with?!(See what happens when you lie about Christ's church??!!)

I don't care if this remark is lacking in substance or not....you are one whacked out broad! Come to think of it, this is the most substantial thing anyone has said here in a very long time!

#415683 Jan 14, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
I know the scripture well.
-
And, yes. They make up stuff as they go along. Once proven illogical they must continue to create new stuff to explain the old stuff.
-
Cum "ex cathedra" ...
-
Always trying to reconcile their *belief system* with 'truth'.
-
They fall short, don't you think?
You DO NOT KNOW your Scripture at all.

What you do is add your own spin on it.. your own interpretation.

Actually its you that falls more then short!! lol
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#415684 Jan 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait....Rob F is a Priest??
Don't confuse her with the facts, lol.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415685 Jan 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.

Someone's hitting the 5 Hour Energy shots right now.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415686 Jan 14, 2013
Elijah

2 Kings 2:11

11 As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.

1 Kings 17:1

17 Now Elijah the Tishbite, from Tishbe in Gilead, said to Ahab,“As the Lord, the God of Israel, lives, whom I serve, there will be neither dew nor rain in the next few years except at my word.”

Luke 4:25

25 I assure you that there were many widows in Israel in Elijah’s time, when the sky was shut for three and a half years and there was a severe famine throughout the land.

James 5:17-18

17 Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years.

18 Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops.

Malachi 3:1-3

3 “I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you desire, will come,” says the Lord Almighty.

2 But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears? For he will be like a refiner’s fire or a launderer’s soap.

3 He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; he will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver. Then the Lord will have men who will bring offerings in righteousness,

Malachi 4:5-6

5 “See, I will send the prophet Elijah to you before that great and dreadful day of the Lord comes.

6 He will turn the hearts of the parents to their children, and the hearts of the children to their parents; or else I will come and strike the land with total destruction.”

#415687 Jan 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Scriptures belong to God. The Bible is for all people to all people from God .It is neither catholic or protestant.
No one said it didn’t belong to God.
There is Catholic [original ] and Protestant [16th century] Bible.
It was the Catholics, the first Christians that translated it.
You can deny it all you want, that will not change the true fact!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#415688 Jan 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
All really scintillating, but I'm really curious as to why believeing in the Trinity now is cause for alarm from LTM.
Michael says.......

.. Scriptures from the New Testament records Jesus saying: ""Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good–except God alone." (Mark 10:18)"

...If Jesus doesn't consider himself as "good", then how can any person with common sense, put him on the same level as GOD Almighty?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr MARRIEDN2UHOP 8,296
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 4 hr KidlatNgayon 72
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••