Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679315 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#415925 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>comprehension?
WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT PUBLISHING THEM?
THEY ONLY HAVE TO BE ADMITTED, not published in Readers digest.lol.
YOU GOT NOTHING FROM COMMUNION SINCE YOU PUT NOTHING INTO IT.
Bilical truth is not mud. the lies that you have been taught are worse than mud. mud you can wash off, BUT THE BLOOD OF JESUS CANT BE WASHED OFF.
You did-

"show us his confession of guilt"

How else would I "show" you unless it was published somewhere?

You don't know a damn thing about what I put into communion.

I have yet to see "biblical truth" in any of your posts. Just wild accusations, so many that you now can't keep track of what they are (See your post I'm responding to here).
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415926 Jan 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It is so SAD when a person CANNOT discern between the physical and spiritual.....
Lost forever.....
It's REALLY SAD when someone posts the same thing three or four times.

You can stop pressing "Post comment" now.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#415927 Jan 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It is so SAD when a person CANNOT discern between the physical and spiritual.....
Lost forever.....
Lost forever = I'm scared so I'll cling to the fairytale and pretend I'm not a mammal but rather half mammal half ghost.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#415929 Jan 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Lost forever.....
Magic magic magic!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#415928 Jan 15, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
you may not have considered...
"...that these facts were miraculous and true.
In 1970-71, and taken up again partly in 1981, there took place a scientific investigation by the most illustrious scientist Prof. Odoardo Linoli, eminent Professor in Anatomy and Pathological Histology and in Chemistry and Clinical Microscopy. He was assisted by Prof. Ruggero Bertelli of the University of Siena. The analyses were conducted with absolute and unquestionable scientific precision, and they were documented with a series of microscopic photographs. These analyses sustained the following conclusions:
The Flesh is real flesh. The Blood is real Blood.
The Flesh and the Blood belong to the human species.
The Flesh consists of the muscular tissue of the heart..."
http://www.michaeljournal.org/eucharist3.htm
Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
:o)

WOW!! I think I may be one of these creatures!!

Thanks Fun!

:o)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#415930 Jan 15, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Ye must be born-again of God's Spirit to see the kingdom of God, Jesus said, His WORDS are Spirit, and they are LIFE.
"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: >the words< that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
Your the one that doesn't take Jesus for His word, Dan.
Did Jesus's flesh suffering on the cross profiteth nothing?

"This IS My body, this IS My blood"
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415931 Jan 15, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Ye must be born-again of God's Spirit to see the kingdom of God, Jesus said, His WORDS are Spirit, and they are LIFE.
"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: >the words< that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
Your the one that doesn't take Jesus for His word, Dan.
Right. Silly me. I'll tear John 6 out of my bible now.

Help me out here- Did you shred yours or recycle it?
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#415932 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not limited to a singular place. He just doesn't come in the form of a cracker.
Yes they were symbolically getting sick and dying and profaning the Lord from partaking unworthily cracker snacks once in a while not whenever they met as they did from the beginning. They just told jokes and said here you can have some of mine or traded them for peanut butter sandwitches. ;0 The real reason the were getting sick is why a govt agency was set up to investigate the snacks they were having. ;0 The first FDA if you will. That is on the internet not now so it must be true. Good stuff for a bible alone posts we are so familiar with from you Protestants. lol
Pat

East Granby, CT

#415933 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you can bring salvation upon yourself by praying, but Christ cannot do as He said He would in John 6.
Interesting. You won't limit yourself as to the means of brimging about your own salvation, but you'd happily disabuse Christ of His silly notions He mentions multiple times in John 6.
Should we be praying to you instead? Seems like you believe you have more power than Christ.
Salvation by making silent wishes? COME ON! You don't really believe that horse poop do you? Do you really think you have telepathic powers to send silent wishes and that an invisible sky wizard cares and will work his magic for you? You just prove that every church is a lunatic asylum.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#415934 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What other limitations does God have that you've placed upon Him? Is there a list you can share?
I don't limit God...I just don't degrade Him and think He comes in the form of a cracker.

Albuquerque, NM

#415935 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Self.
That's your stock response, right?
At least you are paying some amount of attention. Thansk for reading my posts!

"Self. That's your stock response, right?"

It is usually the only response. Do you know of something else that causes you to do the things you do?

But you can't see past the pulpit to understand that.

Like I said, you are delusional, especially when you think a manufactured wafer and manufactured wine are 'uncorruptible".

Why don't you believe Jesus?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415936 Jan 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that? Why do you think you're the authority on what's taught in the bible?
Yes, I am unfamiliar with the evangelical sinner's prayer. But I am aware that evangelical preachers tell their new recruits to recite one just before they 'get saved'. I was not present when Cardinal Law went to confession, neither were you, so I would avoid making statements of fact if I were you.
Once again, is it easier to believe that a person can hold the KJV in their hands, say some words and miraculously have Jesus in them, become a new creation, be infallbly guided by the Holy Spirit and be guaranteed eternal salvation no matter what they do for the rest of their lives OR that the bread is Jesus, as He said in scripture?
Anthony-

You're well-intentioned, but it's a bit early to warn atemcowboy against making statements of fact. He hasn't made any yet.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#415937 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 10:9 9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
**from the heart Tony...from the heart, not eating a cracker or even on the faith of your parents.
So you believe St. Paul, but not Jesus? Why Chuck?
Truth

East Granby, CT

#415938 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's REALLY SAD when someone posts the same thing three or four times.
You can stop pressing "Post comment" now.
Sorry Dan, I'm just a mentally disturbed dishonest troll. I can't help myself.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#415940 Jan 15, 2013
The inner defenses are unconscious. They consist of a kind of magic aura which the mind builds around cherished belief. Arguments which penetrate into the magic aura are not dealt with rationally but by a specific type of pseudo-reasoning. Absurdities and contradictions are made acceptable by specious rationalizations.
-- Arthur Koestler
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#415939 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you can bring salvation upon yourself by praying, but Christ cannot do as He said He would in John 6.
Interesting. You won't limit yourself as to the means of brimging about your own salvation, but you'd happily disabuse Christ of His silly notions He mentions multiple times in John 6.
Should we be praying to you instead? Seems like you believe you have more power than Christ.
I don't bring anything to myself friend...Christ came to me.

Maybe that's why you're trouble in your thinking. It's all what you do and not what Christ did.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#415941 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't limit God...I just don't degrade Him and think He comes in the form of a cracker.
With a world full of morally challenged and violent humans and their never ending stupidity God has degraded himself.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#415942 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
from the heart Dan....a 3 month old child cannot do this..sorry
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415943 Jan 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus's flesh suffering on the cross profiteth nothing?
"This IS My body, this IS My blood"
"Approved" Church miracles + physical evidence = ability to prove with DNA testing.

So prove it.

Nope! That's why it's called faith. No proof. Even the Rcc knows these miracles make for good show, but nothing more.

Albuquerque, NM

#415944 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What other limitations does God have that you've placed upon Him? Is there a list you can share?
Robert F and FoL and many others, also have this exact problem - they know the mind of "God" and express it openly, too.

Maybe you shouldn't just characterize a single individual as you see fit, when there have been many so-called "Christians" expressing the same "knowing".

I peronally think you all are delusional in this regard, and should see a psychiatrist to fix this blatantly incorrect, invalid assumption.

I'm just waiting when you will embark upon saying what "God" knows.

Let's have it Dan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 1 hr superwilly 84,712
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... 5 hr Eric 9
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Mr Sir 10,546
News Why did Melania Trump wear a head covering at t... 22 hr nanoanomaly 1
News What is up with that strange photo of President... Sat Chilli J 14
News Pope's Egypt visit offers chance to improve Cat... May 26 BB Board 1
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... May 23 WhollyConcrete 8
More from around the web