Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 544,972
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

Chicago, IL

#415658 Jan 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, clay but ther is never areason for you or anyone to bow down and worship a piece of meal, made in whatever shape.
when you partake of that meal, then we were told to remember the sacrifice that He made for us.never ever will you or anyone else read one verse that tells you to worship that morsel of grain.
NEVER!!!!
and to HELP us to Remember, he sent back the Holy Ghost to live inside us. this God that we who are Born Again know, is large enough to create all things, yet small enough to live inside of US.
and I say this in love, no malice intended. if any person on this Forum gets Saved, really Saved, they will understand that Ritual and realize that it is a Ritual, an important one but it will never ever bring or cause Salvation to come to you.
PEOPLE NEED WHAT COMES AFTER THAT lAST SUPPER, NOT WHAT OCCURRED DURING THAT MEAL TIME.
we're not worshipping the grain Preston. We are worshiping Jesus Christ.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#415659 Jan 14, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
That's okay, she doesn't understand it anyway. She's biblically illiterate.
Bible Lite! That's about right.
I guess I get no credit for posting from what the catholic's preached and printed themselves eh. LOL

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#415660 Jan 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Apostles never taught that, one of your Popes did Clay that is the thing. Keep reading you will come to it.
And notice it is taken from the catholic encyclopetia, not Protestant.
The catholic pagan religion has changed the incorruptable things of God in to corruptable things. Use common sense Clay how can Jesus be in a wafer, your not that dunce are you.
I googled the word, no use to show it to the catholics, they have been lied to for centuries, but the word simply means Thanksgiving, and that is not what the catholcis do, they worship that ritual while Chrsitians give thanks for His Sacrifice.

the Greek noun &#949;&#8016;&#967 ;&#945;&#961;&#953 ;&#963;&#964;&#943 ;&#945; (eucharistia), meaning "thanksgiving", is not used in the New Testament as a name for the rite;[5] however, the related verb is found in New Testament texts concerning the Last Supper,[6][7][8] including the earliest:[5]
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415661 Jan 14, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Free Mind
I looked at the links....All of it is inuendo. So no need to get into it.
Paul used his status as a Roman citizen to escape being stoned to death in Jerusalem. That is to say, he used his national status of being a Roman citizen.
Likewise, when it happened that a priest in one country served in another, and was sent back to his country of origin(whether knowing or not knowing he had done criminal acts), the Church cannot be held responsible for that individual's acts....
Paul a Roman citizen did a lot of traveling, and was unjustly accused but would have been killed in Jerusalem, by plotters, and/or the Jewish authorities.
Prists often travel to different countries, and can be unjusly accused....etc, etc....
Point proven.
Robert good friend,

How do you prove a point when you don't even address it.

You claim the links I presented are all innuendo. PBS? Irish news links? I am not sure what you are saying other than attacking the messengers.

Back to the truth -- backed by news links and others.

FACT: Cardinal Law left the USA and is spending the remaining years at the Vatican. Strangely in over 10 years, the good Cardinal hasn't even visited his home country. You say it is just "innuendo" that Law is using diplomatic immunity to avoid testifying in over 100 child sex-abuse cases.

That's completely absurd. You know it. You just can't admit it.

FACT: the RCC uses diplomatic immunity to avoid having officials give court testimony in cases involving the abuse of orphans at in the USA, Ireland, and Australia.

If this were "innuendo," why not jump at the chance to testify under oath?

Sorry Robert good buddy, the government of Ireland didn't break diplomatic relations with the Vatican because of "innuendo."

You have proven you can run fact with your eyes closed.

This is a board proclaiming the spiritual superiority of the Catholic Church.

Under this headline, you defend using diplomatic immunity against justice for sexually abused children. That's what the RCC calls moral?

No thanks. Even most Irish are feed up. Shame on you.

Location hidden

#415662 Jan 14, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, actually they did teach it:
1 Corinthians 11:27 Therefore whosoever shall eat this bread, or drink the chalice of the Lord unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and of the blood of the Lord.
thanks, you proved that what others on here are writing are WRONG. it is to be eaten, not WORSHIPPED.

IT IS THE CREATOR WHO IS TO BE WORSHIPPED NOT THE CREATION(THE GRAIN AND THE FRUIT)
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415663 Jan 14, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry buddy your venerations of creation that pleases your eye Is worshipping creation and does not glorify God.
'pleases the eye' come on you know that's wrong.
No hate here but truth in love.
We don't venerate statues and artwork.

It IS pleasing to the eye-they're beautiful.

The works and the work to create them are done for the glory of God.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415664 Jan 14, 2013
Catholic Morals on Parade....

Under a headline proclaiming the spiritual superiority of the RCC, true believers defend using diplomatic immunity against justice for sexually abused children.

What does this say about the "superior" Catholic moral system?

It is amazing to watch Catholics compare events in Paul's life to the most powerful religious organization on earth using diplomatic immunity to avoid justice.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#415665 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to be an honest man Dan only then will you know what it feels like to have some self respect.
I WAS being honest.

You can be smart without putting people down. Usually, putting people down is simply what people do when they have nothing of substance to say.

I'm sure you're not that guy, but don't make us guess.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#415666 Jan 14, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, well, that too.
Just noticed something else that's funny. The atheist said we're cannibals. I thought he didn't believe in God, that it's all a myth?! LOL!! So which is it? Does He or doesn't He exist?? Can't have it both ways.
What's even funnier than that is that some idiot fundie agreed with him. Almost every time they come on here they deny God in one way or another. Then they have the nerve to tell other people they're not Christian. These folks don't know which way is up and they're judging others??
The fundamentalists here share the same hatred of the Catholic Church, so "if you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas.".....

Location hidden

#415667 Jan 14, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
You are funny, and absolutely correct.
Hey I'm tagging along again. You don't mind do you?
glad to have you to watch my back.

beats Bob ford.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415668 Jan 14, 2013
Hey kids! Step right up!

See the RCC's perfect teaching on morals in action.

Google "Catholic church diplomatic immunity"

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHA
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#415669 Jan 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I get no credit for posting from what the catholic's preached and printed themselves eh. LOL
Taking credit for someone else's work is plagiarism, or stealing. You want credit for theft?
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#415670 Jan 14, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM
Rev 12:1
"And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:"
So you are saying "...from Ur of the Chaldees, with the symbol of the Babylonian sun god Shamash within the crescent of the moon goddess Nanna." is from where Christianity has its origin.
I would say you stand on the line of absolute rejection of the Bible. You have so polluted yourself with hatred of Catholicism that you will condemn even the Bible in order to make yourself known....
The people you are quoting. Do you know their intent? These are fanatics. This verse in Rev. condemns them already. Please do not add to them your soul.
Please bear in mind, you are polluting yourself. I am not doing this to you. It is your choice to pursue the direction of your journey. The more you condemn, the more you will be condemned....The more you judge, the more you will be judged....
Rob, you are not understanding the Holy Scriptures, you are wrong!!!!
I don't care how many years you have been a priest because many don't understand the bible as well as my son did at the age of 7.
I never condemned anyone I have posted evidence right from catholic information it self and you don't beleive me.
What is wrong with you people, who is decieving who.
I didn't write that stuff your catholic fathers did.
Your church is the whore of Babylon, its leaders is (BAAL) satan the father of liars himself, the door way to hell is in the vatican, at the throne of the anti christ the very seat the Pope sits with the upside down cross.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#415671 Jan 14, 2013
Aviela wrote:
Why did he just not say I'm going to send myself and sacrifice myself. Why did Jesus tell satan: Stand behind me it is Jehovah you must worship. Why didn't he just say I am Jehovah worship me?
It takes more BLIND faith in the trinity than it does to believe Jehovah and Jesus are not the same beings. I for one don't think Jesus' intentions was to confuse the masses into thinking he was his father. The Jews in his days new he wasn't God. Jesus did not lie when he said people were going to believe strange teachings after his death.
Aviela,BECAUSE Jesus is not Jehovah,nor is He the Father,but the S o n. 1 x 1 x 1= One,there is no addition in the Godhead,but the multiplication equation that keeps one,but a plural one that has 3 distinct compnents in the one. God is the TITLE for the Father[-the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Out of the very mouth of Jehovah are His what? W O R D S.Those words are distinctly His,no one else's.Out of the very Essence of the Father, the Son was begotten,and through the W o r d.Since God is not Man that, He cannot lie, God's W o r d is pure and full truth,Jesus is called the Way, the Truth and the Life.It is by the very word or words of our mouths that we declare who and what we are,how we believe,how we live and so on.Since we are created in the Image and Likeness of God(who said"Let US make man in our image...")we and creation was created by the VERY Word of speaking forth.

But Jesus is actually from the Essence of God,of His loins as it were,His O N L Y Son of His Eternal Being.Jesus in the state of human kind declares the Perfect Will of His Father,because He is the only Son who ALONE can accomplish that,and in the human form of true felsh and blood,yet God with us,EMMANUEL.

We often forget Aviela,how God is far above us,not limited in size to our frame,but OMNIPRESENT.He is All in all, and His Son in the Person of Jesus is within the frame of our reference in that He is limited to our size,not equal to His Father while in that state of being a MAN. But who else could possibly know the Will of the Father,who is Omnipresent,and omniscient,than the W o r d of the Living God,J e s u s.

The Bible says Jesus is from the very beginning with the Father,that means that Jesus like His Father has no beginning Eternal, not made or created,but always with the Father.As the Divine W o r d,Jesus always was with the Father.It is a mystery we have to take by faith Aviela in realizing, the fact that God the Father sent His only Son to the world that in Him we have eternal life. It is G o d the Eternal Spirit who lives and dwells in the Godhead, and is distinctly three P e r s o n s: Father-Son and Holy Spirit.

Who can fathom the magnitude of this most sacred mystery of our LORD,and His Christ,in the Power of the Holy Spirit?

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

#415672 Jan 14, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
edited for space.
You do know Preston that long before the catholic fathers who many were ex-pagans they too worshipped a TRINITY of their gods.
http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/760...
Preston....
....It is a well confirmed historical fact! that beginning in about 130 A.D. many of the Catholic Church Fathers- the Apologists- were converts from paganism and trained pagan philosophers. These included Justin Martyr (ca. 100-165), Tatian (ca. 200) and Theophilus of Antioch (ca. 160-200). Indeed their knowledge of the Old Testament came through their readings of the philosopher Philo. Tertullian explicitly employed written works of pagan philosophers in support of his Christian philosophy (De Test. Animae I). Such fathers as Justin Martyr (Apol. I, 4, 5, 7, 20) and Athenagoras (ca. 177)(Suppli
in order to defend Christianity, stated that they were following some of the practices advocated by the best of the pagan philosophers. Clement of Alexandria (ca. 150-215) actually undertook to create a new Christian philosophy he termed the 'true philosophy'[Trinitarianism](St rom. II, 11)" (Robert A. Hermann, "Oneness, The Trinity, And Logic".

Catholicism created the trinity from the pagan philosophy.
Sorry!
You didn't know this and you are a preacher? OMG!
Your quote...

"Catholicism created the trinity from the pagan philosophy."

Catholics did NOT create the Trinity from pagan believes....lol
you are such a nut. Its created by God!!!

The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.
That's the Trinity, duh!

“ This doctrine of the Trinity was formulated over time, which fulfills the words of Jesus in John 16:12-13:

"I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come."

Jesus said…..
‘The Father and I are ONE”

“Holy Trinity was manifested all at once on earth, in Matthew 3:13-17:

Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John, to be baptized by him. John would have prevented him, saying, "I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?" But Jesus answered him, "Let it be so now; for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness." Then he consented. And when Jesus was baptized, he went up immediately from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and alighting on him; and lo, a voice from heaven, saying, "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased."

In the above verses, the person of Jesus Christ was present, the person of the Holy Spirit was present as a dove, and the person of the Father was present as a voice from Heaven.

Some false religions, like the Jehovah's Witnesses, teach a heresy that the Holy Spirit isn't a person, but is rather some kind of invisible force like electricity or something. John 14:17 says:

even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him; you know him, for he dwells with you, and will be in you.

Notice how Jesus Himself refers to the Holy Spirit with personal pronouns. He doesn't refer to the Holy Spirit as "it". Other false religions, like the Unitarians, deny the existence of the Trinity in their very name, the UNI - tarians. No bible believing Christian should listen to anything these people have to say. Denying the fact that there are three persons in one God is very unbiblical. Another heretical religion, the Mormons, teach that God is not one God, but three separate gods.”

zzzzzzz on that class too???

Notice how you quoted ‘ converts from paganism’, praying that you are touched by ‘The Spirit' of God and may God convert you too.

Location hidden

#415673 Jan 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
we're not worshipping the grain Preston. We are worshiping Jesus Christ.
no, it is not worship of Christ, you yourself said that you worship that ritual, and that is worship of the Creation.

that is a feel good experience without the Experience(of being Born Again).

If you or anyone gets saved and feels, really feels the Holy Ghost, you and them will finally know the difference,

and then this ritual will be realized by you what it really means.

it is done in remembrance and thanksgiving for His sacrifice. it is the real Blood that we ALL need to experience, not a grape
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415674 Jan 14, 2013
Deuteronomy 17:6

6 On the testimony of two or three witnesses a person is to be put to death, but no one is to be put to death on the testimony of only one witness.

Deuteronomy 19:15

15 One witness is not enough to convict anyone accused of any crime or offense they may have committed. A matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.

Zechariah 4:11-14

11 Then I asked the angel,“What are these two olive trees on the right and the left of the lampstand?”

12 Again I asked him,“What are these two olive branches beside the two gold pipes that pour out golden oil?”

13 He replied,“Do you not know what these are?”

“No, my lord,” I said.

14 So he said,“These are the two who are anointed to serve the Lord of all the earth.”

Jeremiah 5:14

14 Therefore this is what the Lord God Almighty says:

“Because the people have spoken these words,
I will make my words in your mouth a fire
and these people the wood it consumes.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#415675 Jan 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Rob, you are not understanding the Holy Scriptures, you are wrong!!!!
I don't care how many years you have been a priest because many don't understand the bible as well as my son did at the age of 7.
I never condemned anyone I have posted evidence right from catholic information it self and you don't beleive me.
What is wrong with you people, who is decieving who.
I didn't write that stuff your catholic fathers did.
Your church is the whore of Babylon, its leaders is (BAAL) satan the father of liars himself, the door way to hell is in the vatican, at the throne of the anti christ the very seat the Pope sits with the upside down cross.
Wait....Rob F is a Priest??

Location hidden

#415676 Jan 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't venerate statues and artwork.
It IS pleasing to the eye-they're beautiful.
The works and the work to create them are done for the glory of God.
I agree Dan, many are beautiful.

doesnt mean that I am going to bow down in front of one, tho.

How about you?

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

#415677 Jan 14, 2013
Pope Is a Huge Hit on Twitter

"The Holy Father’s successful first month of tweeting, amassing 2.5 million followers in eight languages, is hailed as an evangelization breakthrough.

by CNA/EWTN NEWS 01/11/2013 Comment

Pope Benedict XVI's background on Twitter.

VATICAN CITY — Pope Benedict XVI’s mass of 2.5 million followers in eight languages during his first month on Twitter has one Vatican priest calling the pontiff’s online presence “a new frontier” of evangelization.

Father Paolo Padrini, a collaborator of the Pontifical Council for Social Communications, said it is good that the Pope has so many followers, but it even more important that the Pope “seeks to co-exist and share on Twitter.”

“Being present in social media is evangelizing, if just for the fact that he is present with his words,” he told CNA Jan. 11."

Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/pope-is-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Scales Off 8,320
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 6 hr inC - iglesia ni ... 12
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Mon Sherlayne 21
Catholics react to pope remarks on gays, abortion (Sep '13) Mon Gapin Garrika 12
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Sep 26 KidlatNgayon 88
Pope Faces Serious Islamic Threat on Albanian Trip Sep 24 VIVA EVROPA 1
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... Sep 21 Barbarian 4

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE