Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
400,481 - 400,500 of 537,010 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Churck good friend
I presume the Revelation bible study is geared for a future(near future) apocoplypse.
However, in the past, the two witnesses were known as the Apostles Peter and Paul.(When they died, it was thought Christianity might die....)(You probably heard of Nero as 666, and Rome as the beast.)
Unfortunately, when we try and put names to the two witnesses in the future it may be another 10,000 or 100,000 years, and our understanding of scripture is still in its infancy.
who thought it was peter and Paul, sure didnt know much about those witnesses and that chapter, since they were already dead when John wrote it.

and no our understanding is not in its infancy, since it is written that in teh last days, knowledge will be increased and we have been in the last days, since the day of Pentecost.

actually, it could be GIF and muself since we work so good together.

and that is just as rediculous as to say it was Peter and paul.

the TWO witnesses are to be killed in Jeusalem, they are already dead and didnt die in Jerusalem nor did they do the miracles that is required of these Two.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>He is knowledgeable however without Wisdom.
By definition you would have to have a personal relationship with someone to make that determination.
Do you know him personally?
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And not just biblically.
Yeah, well, that too.

Just noticed something else that's funny. The atheist said we're cannibals. I thought he didn't believe in God, that it's all a myth?! LOL!! So which is it? Does He or doesn't He exist?? Can't have it both ways.

What's even funnier than that is that some idiot fundie agreed with him. Almost every time they come on here they deny God in one way or another. Then they have the nerve to tell other people they're not Christian. These folks don't know which way is up and they're judging others??
Disciple

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>who thought it was peter and Paul, sure didnt know much about those witnesses and that chapter, since they were already dead when John wrote it.
and no our understanding is not in its infancy, since it is written that in teh last days, knowledge will be increased and we have been in the last days, since the day of Pentecost.
actually, it could be GIF and muself since we work so good together.
and that is just as rediculous as to say it was Peter and paul.
the TWO witnesses are to be killed in Jeusalem, they are already dead and didnt die in Jerusalem nor did they do the miracles that is required of these Two.
You are funny, and absolutely correct.
Hey I'm tagging along again. You don't mind do you?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
God sent God down to impregnate Mary so she could give birth to God, so God would some how orchestrate his own death so he could die as God and return to heaven to be with God.
Pagan beliefs also had their trinities. Triune God in christianity is just THEIR version of what others believed in the past.
I know right, the trinity is the craziest thing ever invented. At least you are the only one on here who has common sense. If he is The father and the son and the holy spirit why go through all that drama...why not say it instead of saying,: I'm sending my son, this is my son, my father sent me. I cannot comprehend how people believe this distorted teaching. The scriptures are straight up they were not meant to be twisted into creating creatures like the 3 headed trinity monster. Unbelievable!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Snipped for idiocy.
LTM, do you ever post anything that is NOT copied slander and propaganda?
Btw, I bow down and worship the Eucharist. Because Jesus held it up and said "this is my body".
sorry, clay but ther is never areason for you or anyone to bow down and worship a piece of meal, made in whatever shape.
when you partake of that meal, then we were told to remember the sacrifice that He made for us.never ever will you or anyone else read one verse that tells you to worship that morsel of grain.

NEVER!!!!

and to HELP us to Remember, he sent back the Holy Ghost to live inside us. this God that we who are Born Again know, is large enough to create all things, yet small enough to live inside of US.

and I say this in love, no malice intended. if any person on this Forum gets Saved, really Saved, they will understand that Ritual and realize that it is a Ritual, an important one but it will never ever bring or cause Salvation to come to you.

PEOPLE NEED WHAT COMES AFTER THAT lAST SUPPER, NOT WHAT OCCURRED DURING THAT MEAL TIME.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I dont believe it will be any of the above for the reason that they have already died, or in the case of Enoch, translated.
as it is written, it is appointed unto man once to die.
I use the words of jesus, when he spoke of John the Baptist, and all fo the jew were waiting for elijah to come back to usher in the Kingdom of the Messiah and he told them that John was Elijah, not litteraly but Figurtively.
now to my opinion, I dont know who it will be,to be honest.
I think it will be Two Christians, that God has chosen a long time ago, for this special work, that are left here on Heaven aften the Rapture, and I do beleive that Heaven knows who they will be.
I think one time, that I might have been told, and a name that was given to me was of a person named john, or jonah, but it could have been given me for another reason, I just dont know. I am sorry.
Since I have been born again I have been hearing about these two witnesses.
I have been told that the two messengers, one man from the Nation of Israel, and one man from the Gentile Church because they both are witnesses for God.
Who knows we all shall see who they are in God's timing
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I know right, the trinity is the craziest thing ever invented. At least you are the only one on here who has common sense. If he is The father and the son and the holy spirit why go through all that drama...why not say it instead of saying,: I'm sending my son, this is my son, my father sent me. I cannot comprehend how people believe this distorted teaching. The scriptures are straight up they were not meant to be twisted into creating creatures like the 3 headed trinity monster. Unbelievable!
3 headed trinity monster? wow

I think it would be best Aviela, if you left the Christian Bible to the Christians. Its not for you or any JW to dictate the meanings of our scripture.

Perhaps you'd like the Mormon bible to pick apart? Or the Koran?
LTM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, clay but ther is never areason for you or anyone to bow down and worship a piece of meal, made in whatever shape.
when you partake of that meal, then we were told to remember the sacrifice that He made for us.never ever will you or anyone else read one verse that tells you to worship that morsel of grain.
NEVER!!!!
and to HELP us to Remember, he sent back the Holy Ghost to live inside us. this God that we who are Born Again know, is large enough to create all things, yet small enough to live inside of US.
and I say this in love, no malice intended. if any person on this Forum gets Saved, really Saved, they will understand that Ritual and realize that it is a Ritual, an important one but it will never ever bring or cause Salvation to come to you.
PEOPLE NEED WHAT COMES AFTER THAT lAST SUPPER, NOT WHAT OCCURRED DURING THAT MEAL TIME.
Amen .
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, clay but ther is never areason for you or anyone to bow down and worship a piece of meal, made in whatever shape.
NEVER!!!!
we're not worshipping the grain Preston. We are worshiping Jesus Christ.
LTM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
That's okay, she doesn't understand it anyway. She's biblically illiterate.
Bible Lite! That's about right.
I guess I get no credit for posting from what the catholic's preached and printed themselves eh. LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Apostles never taught that, one of your Popes did Clay that is the thing. Keep reading you will come to it.
And notice it is taken from the catholic encyclopetia, not Protestant.
The catholic pagan religion has changed the incorruptable things of God in to corruptable things. Use common sense Clay how can Jesus be in a wafer, your not that dunce are you.
I googled the word, no use to show it to the catholics, they have been lied to for centuries, but the word simply means Thanksgiving, and that is not what the catholcis do, they worship that ritual while Chrsitians give thanks for His Sacrifice.

the Greek noun &#949;&#8016;&#967 ;&#945;&#961;&#953 ;&#963;&#964;&#943 ;&#945; (eucharistia), meaning "thanksgiving", is not used in the New Testament as a name for the rite;[5] however, the related verb is found in New Testament texts concerning the Last Supper,[6][7][8] including the earliest:[5]
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Free Mind
I looked at the links....All of it is inuendo. So no need to get into it.
Paul used his status as a Roman citizen to escape being stoned to death in Jerusalem. That is to say, he used his national status of being a Roman citizen.
Likewise, when it happened that a priest in one country served in another, and was sent back to his country of origin(whether knowing or not knowing he had done criminal acts), the Church cannot be held responsible for that individual's acts....
Paul a Roman citizen did a lot of traveling, and was unjustly accused but would have been killed in Jerusalem, by plotters, and/or the Jewish authorities.
Prists often travel to different countries, and can be unjusly accused....etc, etc....
Point proven.
Robert good friend,

How do you prove a point when you don't even address it.

You claim the links I presented are all innuendo. PBS? Irish news links? I am not sure what you are saying other than attacking the messengers.

Back to the truth -- backed by news links and others.

FACT: Cardinal Law left the USA and is spending the remaining years at the Vatican. Strangely in over 10 years, the good Cardinal hasn't even visited his home country. You say it is just "innuendo" that Law is using diplomatic immunity to avoid testifying in over 100 child sex-abuse cases.

That's completely absurd. You know it. You just can't admit it.

FACT: the RCC uses diplomatic immunity to avoid having officials give court testimony in cases involving the abuse of orphans at in the USA, Ireland, and Australia.

If this were "innuendo," why not jump at the chance to testify under oath?

Sorry Robert good buddy, the government of Ireland didn't break diplomatic relations with the Vatican because of "innuendo."

You have proven you can run fact with your eyes closed.

This is a board proclaiming the spiritual superiority of the Catholic Church.

Under this headline, you defend using diplomatic immunity against justice for sexually abused children. That's what the RCC calls moral?

No thanks. Even most Irish are feed up. Shame on you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, actually they did teach it:
1 Corinthians 11:27 Therefore whosoever shall eat this bread, or drink the chalice of the Lord unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and of the blood of the Lord.
thanks, you proved that what others on here are writing are WRONG. it is to be eaten, not WORSHIPPED.

IT IS THE CREATOR WHO IS TO BE WORSHIPPED NOT THE CREATION(THE GRAIN AND THE FRUIT)
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry buddy your venerations of creation that pleases your eye Is worshipping creation and does not glorify God.
'pleases the eye' come on you know that's wrong.
No hate here but truth in love.
We don't venerate statues and artwork.

It IS pleasing to the eye-they're beautiful.

The works and the work to create them are done for the glory of God.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Catholic Morals on Parade....

Under a headline proclaiming the spiritual superiority of the RCC, true believers defend using diplomatic immunity against justice for sexually abused children.

What does this say about the "superior" Catholic moral system?

It is amazing to watch Catholics compare events in Paul's life to the most powerful religious organization on earth using diplomatic immunity to avoid justice.

Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to be an honest man Dan only then will you know what it feels like to have some self respect.
I WAS being honest.

You can be smart without putting people down. Usually, putting people down is simply what people do when they have nothing of substance to say.

I'm sure you're not that guy, but don't make us guess.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, well, that too.
Just noticed something else that's funny. The atheist said we're cannibals. I thought he didn't believe in God, that it's all a myth?! LOL!! So which is it? Does He or doesn't He exist?? Can't have it both ways.
What's even funnier than that is that some idiot fundie agreed with him. Almost every time they come on here they deny God in one way or another. Then they have the nerve to tell other people they're not Christian. These folks don't know which way is up and they're judging others??
The fundamentalists here share the same hatred of the Catholic Church, so "if you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas.".....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
You are funny, and absolutely correct.
Hey I'm tagging along again. You don't mind do you?
glad to have you to watch my back.

beats Bob ford.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Hey kids! Step right up!

See the RCC's perfect teaching on morals in action.

Google "Catholic church diplomatic immunity"

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHA

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••