Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650380 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#415900 Jan 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
More sad and funny than every evangelical who picks up a KJV and recites the sinner's prayer and proclaims Jesus is now IN him and has been made a new creation and is guided by the Holy Spirit unto all righteousness and is guaranteed heaven?
I think our claims are more reasonable, especially since Jesus clearly says it and clearly does not say the same about about evangelical claims.
Yeah.

"Christ can come into me upon my prayer, but He can't do what He says at least a half-dozen times in John 6. I'm all about the Bible, too-did I mention that?"
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415899 Jan 15, 2013
The life giving ability that Jesus offers and gives to us is connected with His WORDS.

John 6:63

63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life.

Spirit gives life......SPIRITUAL

the flesh counts for nothing.....PHYSICAL

the WORDS are FULL of the SPIRIT and LIFE....SPIRITUAL
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#415901 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>well, unlike your priests, when and before we partake, we have Prayer, and make SURE nothing is between God and ourself. if it is, we take care of it right then by asking for forgiveness, which isnt hard to do.
and like others on here, I have seen some people take more time at prayer than others, when that happens, we gather around that person and lift them up by praying for them.
WE CARE!
and then we can give our thankgiving by partaking in remembrance of His sacrifice which is the ONLY way it is done.
that is what he meant and his followers taught that 2.
Look Preston, you are unfamiliar with the mass and have zero knowledge as to whether a priest goes to confession before saying mass if they are concious of grave sin. I can tell you that they do. You can protest til the cows come home, but you're wrong. Period.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#415902 Jan 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
The life giving ability that Jesus offers and gives to us is connected with His words.
John 6:45
45 It is written in the Prophets:‘They will all be TAUGHT by God.’ Everyone who has HEARD the Father and learned from Him comes to me.
Dishonest Death Deniers UNITE!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415903 Jan 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't - it is just a symbolic representation within the mass.
....and yes, they are corruptible.
You are delusional.
Self.

That's your stock response, right?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#415904 Jan 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
More sad and funny than every evangelical who picks up a KJV and recites the sinner's prayer and proclaims Jesus is now IN him and has been made a new creation and is guided by the Holy Spirit unto all righteousness and is guaranteed heaven?
I think our claims are more reasonable, especially since Jesus clearly says it and clearly does not say the same about about evangelical claims.
Romans 10:9 9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

**from the heart Tony...from the heart, not eating a cracker or even on the faith of your parents.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#415905 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I received the grace of salvation at my baptism. That was probably a mid-meeting swim for you guys.
I like how you compare your infant baptism - in which you don't do any swimming at all, and are pretty much unaware of what was going on - to the "mid-meeting swim" that you pin on the Protestants.

In the least, they at least were able to enjoy it, where you didn't.

Location hidden

#415907 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Transcripts of peoples confessions at Church aren't published.
Why would you concern yourself over communion Law distributed? Is sin transmittable from crackers? That's what communion is to you. You just told me Christ was incorruptible, so a Catholic has no concern over this. They received Christ, not a cracker with "cooties" or whatever.
You're throwing so much mud that you can't keep track of your own positions.
Maybe you should have cut speed reading class and gone to remedial comprehension instead.
comprehension?

WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT PUBLISHING THEM?

THEY ONLY HAVE TO BE ADMITTED, not published in Readers digest.lol.

YOU GOT NOTHING FROM COMMUNION SINCE YOU PUT NOTHING INTO IT.

Bilical truth is not mud. the lies that you have been taught are worse than mud. mud you can wash off, BUT THE BLOOD OF JESUS CANT BE WASHED OFF.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415906 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>well, unlike your priests, when and before we partake, we have Prayer, and make SURE nothing is between God and ourself. if it is, we take care of it right then by asking for forgiveness, which isnt hard to do.
and like others on here, I have seen some people take more time at prayer than others, when that happens, we gather around that person and lift them up by praying for them.
WE CARE!
and then we can give our thankgiving by partaking in remembrance of His sacrifice which is the ONLY way it is done.
that is what he meant and his followers taught that 2.
Hey, Mensa

Priests pray before the Eucharist at Mass.

Any other pearls of wisdom forthcoming from the old country boy?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415908 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not limited to a singular place. He just doesn't come in the form of a cracker.
What other limitations does God have that you've placed upon Him? Is there a list you can share?

Location hidden

#415909 Jan 15, 2013
this is to stupid to even read any more. later.

Albuquerque, NM

#415910 Jan 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
Jesus is the Bread of Life.....
Spiritual or Physical....
Of course, it is SPIRITUAL....
Jesus is the satisfaction of our spiritual needs....all of them!!!!!!
Incorrect.

This may be the case for you, but not others.

But then again, you don't even utilize all of what Jesus taught, so you really haven't rcvd all the details about what Jesus can or cannot do.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#415911 Jan 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
Can our spiritual needs be satisfied by anything in this material world???
Absolutely NOT!!!
Yes it can - when one is being honest with themself and others.

Albuquerque, NM

#415912 Jan 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
Can our spiritual needs be satisfied by anything in this material world???
Absolutely NOT!!!
BTW - another error in your thought pattern is thinking that materialism is spiritualism or some sort of it.

It isn't.

Maybe you should get rid of all your material belongings to see what kind of spiritual enlightenment you will receive.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#415913 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not a "piece of grain".
He is present body and blood in the Eucharist, just as He said He was in John 6. He didn't say "If you eat a cracker and drinkk grape juice while thinking of me, you will have eternal life".
He appears in the Eucharist because He promised He would.
He's probably unhappy that you don't take Him at His word.
Ye must be born-again of God's Spirit to see the kingdom of God, Jesus said, His WORDS are Spirit, and they are LIFE.

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: >the words< that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Your the one that doesn't take Jesus for His word, Dan.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415914 Jan 15, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Can your death denying fairytales save you from your eternal death?
Absolutely NOT!!!
It is so SAD when a person CANNOT discern between the physical and spiritual.....

Lost forever.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415915 Jan 15, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus getting crucified for the sins of others accomplish anything at all?
Absolutely NOT!!! No different than an innocent man going to the electric chair absolves the actual criminal for his crime.
It is so SAD when a person CANNOT discern between the physical and spiritual.....

Lost forever.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415916 Jan 15, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
You would have to be able to fathom what god has done in order to make such a calim. More bible dishonesty...

Lost forever.....
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415917 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 10:9 9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
**from the heart Tony...from the heart, not eating a cracker or even on the faith of your parents.
So, you can bring salvation upon yourself by praying, but Christ cannot do as He said He would in John 6.

Interesting. You won't limit yourself as to the means of brimging about your own salvation, but you'd happily disabuse Christ of His silly notions He mentions multiple times in John 6.

Should we be praying to you instead? Seems like you believe you have more power than Christ.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415918 Jan 15, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
We do understand that some people can not cope with death very well and they need these fairytales to get through life and the more fanatic the believer is the more doubt he has.

Lost forever.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web