Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599554 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#415640 Jan 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What if Jesus Christ is fully present in the Eucharist like the Apostles taught? Then would you still say its idolatry?
The Apostles never taught that, one of your Popes did Clay that is the thing. Keep reading you will come to it.
And notice it is taken from the catholic encyclopetia, not Protestant.
The catholic pagan religion has changed the incorruptable things of God in to corruptable things. Use common sense Clay how can Jesus be in a wafer, your not that dunce are you.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#415641 Jan 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
And note this decree concerning the Most Holy Sacrament of the Eucharist from the thirteenth session of the Council of Trent, October 11th, 1551:
Chapter V
THE WORSHIP AND VENERATION TO BE SHOWN TO
THIS MOST HOLY SACRAMENT
There is, therefore, no room for doubt that all the faithful of Christ may, in accordance with a custom always received in the Catholic Church, give to this most holy sacrament in veneration the worship of latria, which is due to the true God.
Source: The Canons and Decrees of the Council of Trent, Translated and introduced by Rev. H. J. Schroeder, O.P., Published by Tan Books and Publishers, INC., Rockford Illinois, 61105,© 1978, ISBN: 0-89555-074-1, page 76.
Here is the Thirteenth Session of Trent online. See Chapter V.
----------
Dominicae Cenae - On the Mystery and Worship of the Eucharist, promulgated by John Paul II On February 24, 1980 To All the Bishops of the Church.
I love Eucharistic Adoration! Will try to make it this week as there is a 24-Hour Adoration Chapel in a nearby parish. Oh, and when the Blessed Sacrament is exposed as it is for adoration, we don't simply genuflect or bow, we get down on both knees before taking our seat in the pew. Also, Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament is never to be left alone. Whenever the Blessed Sacrament is exposed, there is always someone present. Parishioners sign up for an hour at a time in parishes that have 24-hour adoration. Yes, that's right, there's someone with Jesus at every hour of the day and night. "Could you not watch one hour with me?"
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#415642 Jan 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Apostles never taught that, one of your Popes did Clay that is the thing. Keep reading you will come to it.
The catholic pagan religion has changed the incorruptable things of God in to corruptable things. Use common sense Clay how can Jesus be in a wafer, your not that dunce are you.
The ( reserved ) Blessed Sacrament serves as a focal point of devotion.

Because, as Catholics, we believe that Christ is truly and substantially present in the Eucharist, the Blessed Sacrament is given the same adoration and devotion that is accorded to Christ.

At the beginning of the exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, a priest or deacon removes the sacred host from the tabernacle and places it in the Monstrance on the Altar for adoration by the faithful. "Monstrance" is the vessel used in the Church to display the consecrated Eucharistic Host, during Eucharistic adoration or benediction. The word monstrance comes from the Latin word monstrare, meaning "to expose". It is known in Latin as an Ostensorium. When a consecrated host is placed in the monstrance, It is said to be a solemn exposition.

When the Monstrance contains the Sacred Host, the priest does not touch it with his bare hands, but instead, holds it with a humeral veil, a wide band of cloth that covers his shoulders (humera) and has pleats on the inside in which he places his hands.

At all other times, the reserved Sacrament is kept locked in the Tabernacle, so that the faithful may pray in the presence of the Sacrament.

"Perpetual Adoration" is Eucharistic Adoration round the clock (that is, twenty-four hours a day). A "Holy Hour" is "Eucharistic Adoration of Reparation" which lasts for about an hour.

Adoration ceremonies traditionally include Scripture readings, hymns, prayers and time for silent adoration.
http://www.catholic-church.org/kuwait/euchari...
Clay

Chicago, IL

#415643 Jan 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You say the Apostles never taught that. Their students - who also wrote - say different.

Who should I believe? LTM? Or someone who sat at the dinner table with the Apostles and heard the Gospel directly?

Its a tough choice LTM, but I think I'm going to have to go with them.
Not to mention, I've partook in the Eucharist, so I know its legit.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#415644 Jan 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus waits for us in this Sacrament of Love
“In the sacred Host, He is present, the true treasure, always waiting for us.
Only by adoring this Presence do we learn how to receive Him properly.”

What is Eucharistic Adoration?

Understood simply, Eucharistic Adoration is adoring or honouring the Eucharistic Presence of Christ. In a deeper sense, it involves "the contemplation of the Mystery of Christ truly present before us".

During Eucharistic Adoration, we "watch and wait", we remain "silent" in His Presence and open ourselves to His Graces which flow from the Eucharist ... By worshiping the Eucharistic Jesus, we become what God wants us to be! Like a magnet, The Lord draws us to Himself and gently transforms us.

In its fullest essence ... Eucharistic Adoration is "God and Man reaching out for each other, at the same time!"

The Eucharist is: Jesus truly present - Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity!

At the moment of Consecration, during the Mass, the "gifts" of bread and wine are transformed into the actual Body and Blood of Christ, at the Altar. This means that they are not only spiritually transformed, but rather are actually (substantially) transformed into the Body and Blood of Christ. The elements retain the appearance of bread and wine, but are indeed the actual Body and Blood of Christ. This is what is meant by Real Presence: the actual, physical presence of Jesus in the Eucharist.

Christ instituted this Holy Sacrament of the Eucharist in order to remain with mankind until the end of time (Jn. 14:18).
http://www.catholic-church.org/kuwait/euchari...
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#415645 Jan 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, actually they did teach it:

1 Corinthians 11:27 Therefore whosoever shall eat this bread, or drink the chalice of the Lord unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and of the blood of the Lord.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#415646 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
All you do is prove you have a malfunctioning brain.
"I think it easier to believe...."
Exactly, you are mentally very lazy and opt for what is easier to believe over what is rational to believe. Magic magic magic! That's your world simple man's world view. Evolution has left you theists behind.
Believe it or not... I love reading comments from Atheist. You guys are amusing. We can always count on a insult... its comical. It reminds me of the South Park episode with your Pope, Richard Dawkins. In the story, Mr Dawkins was a nice guy til he fell in love with Mrs. Garrison - who used to be a guy. Richard then learned from her, how to be a prick. Hilarious.

of course, you enjoy the anonymity of the internet and wouldn't say it to anyone's face. Not mine anyway..lol
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#415647 Jan 14, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
That's okay, she doesn't understand it anyway. She's biblically illiterate.
Bible Lite! That's about right.
And not just biblically.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#415648 Jan 14, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston...let me pick your brain
Last night in bible study we were talking about the two witnesses in Revelation 11. I heard Moses, Elijah, John the Baptist, Enoch, Abraham....
who do you think they are?
To be honest I'm not even sure
I dont believe it will be any of the above for the reason that they have already died, or in the case of Enoch, translated.

as it is written, it is appointed unto man once to die.

I use the words of jesus, when he spoke of John the Baptist, and all fo the jew were waiting for elijah to come back to usher in the Kingdom of the Messiah and he told them that John was Elijah, not litteraly but Figurtively.

now to my opinion, I dont know who it will be,to be honest.

I think it will be Two Christians, that God has chosen a long time ago, for this special work, that are left here on Heaven aften the Rapture, and I do beleive that Heaven knows who they will be.

I think one time, that I might have been told, and a name that was given to me was of a person named john, or jonah, but it could have been given me for another reason, I just dont know. I am sorry.

Location hidden

#415649 Jan 14, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Churck good friend
I presume the Revelation bible study is geared for a future(near future) apocoplypse.
However, in the past, the two witnesses were known as the Apostles Peter and Paul.(When they died, it was thought Christianity might die....)(You probably heard of Nero as 666, and Rome as the beast.)
Unfortunately, when we try and put names to the two witnesses in the future it may be another 10,000 or 100,000 years, and our understanding of scripture is still in its infancy.
who thought it was peter and Paul, sure didnt know much about those witnesses and that chapter, since they were already dead when John wrote it.

and no our understanding is not in its infancy, since it is written that in teh last days, knowledge will be increased and we have been in the last days, since the day of Pentecost.

actually, it could be GIF and muself since we work so good together.

and that is just as rediculous as to say it was Peter and paul.

the TWO witnesses are to be killed in Jeusalem, they are already dead and didnt die in Jerusalem nor did they do the miracles that is required of these Two.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#415650 Jan 14, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>He is knowledgeable however without Wisdom.
By definition you would have to have a personal relationship with someone to make that determination.
Do you know him personally?
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#415651 Jan 14, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And not just biblically.
Yeah, well, that too.

Just noticed something else that's funny. The atheist said we're cannibals. I thought he didn't believe in God, that it's all a myth?! LOL!! So which is it? Does He or doesn't He exist?? Can't have it both ways.

What's even funnier than that is that some idiot fundie agreed with him. Almost every time they come on here they deny God in one way or another. Then they have the nerve to tell other people they're not Christian. These folks don't know which way is up and they're judging others??
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#415652 Jan 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>who thought it was peter and Paul, sure didnt know much about those witnesses and that chapter, since they were already dead when John wrote it.
and no our understanding is not in its infancy, since it is written that in teh last days, knowledge will be increased and we have been in the last days, since the day of Pentecost.
actually, it could be GIF and muself since we work so good together.
and that is just as rediculous as to say it was Peter and paul.
the TWO witnesses are to be killed in Jeusalem, they are already dead and didnt die in Jerusalem nor did they do the miracles that is required of these Two.
You are funny, and absolutely correct.
Hey I'm tagging along again. You don't mind do you?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#415653 Jan 14, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
God sent God down to impregnate Mary so she could give birth to God, so God would some how orchestrate his own death so he could die as God and return to heaven to be with God.
Pagan beliefs also had their trinities. Triune God in christianity is just THEIR version of what others believed in the past.
I know right, the trinity is the craziest thing ever invented. At least you are the only one on here who has common sense. If he is The father and the son and the holy spirit why go through all that drama...why not say it instead of saying,: I'm sending my son, this is my son, my father sent me. I cannot comprehend how people believe this distorted teaching. The scriptures are straight up they were not meant to be twisted into creating creatures like the 3 headed trinity monster. Unbelievable!

Location hidden

#415654 Jan 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Snipped for idiocy.
LTM, do you ever post anything that is NOT copied slander and propaganda?
Btw, I bow down and worship the Eucharist. Because Jesus held it up and said "this is my body".
sorry, clay but ther is never areason for you or anyone to bow down and worship a piece of meal, made in whatever shape.
when you partake of that meal, then we were told to remember the sacrifice that He made for us.never ever will you or anyone else read one verse that tells you to worship that morsel of grain.

NEVER!!!!

and to HELP us to Remember, he sent back the Holy Ghost to live inside us. this God that we who are Born Again know, is large enough to create all things, yet small enough to live inside of US.

and I say this in love, no malice intended. if any person on this Forum gets Saved, really Saved, they will understand that Ritual and realize that it is a Ritual, an important one but it will never ever bring or cause Salvation to come to you.

PEOPLE NEED WHAT COMES AFTER THAT lAST SUPPER, NOT WHAT OCCURRED DURING THAT MEAL TIME.
LTM

#415655 Jan 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I dont believe it will be any of the above for the reason that they have already died, or in the case of Enoch, translated.
as it is written, it is appointed unto man once to die.
I use the words of jesus, when he spoke of John the Baptist, and all fo the jew were waiting for elijah to come back to usher in the Kingdom of the Messiah and he told them that John was Elijah, not litteraly but Figurtively.
now to my opinion, I dont know who it will be,to be honest.
I think it will be Two Christians, that God has chosen a long time ago, for this special work, that are left here on Heaven aften the Rapture, and I do beleive that Heaven knows who they will be.
I think one time, that I might have been told, and a name that was given to me was of a person named john, or jonah, but it could have been given me for another reason, I just dont know. I am sorry.
Since I have been born again I have been hearing about these two witnesses.
I have been told that the two messengers, one man from the Nation of Israel, and one man from the Gentile Church because they both are witnesses for God.
Who knows we all shall see who they are in God's timing
Clay

Chicago, IL

#415656 Jan 14, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I know right, the trinity is the craziest thing ever invented. At least you are the only one on here who has common sense. If he is The father and the son and the holy spirit why go through all that drama...why not say it instead of saying,: I'm sending my son, this is my son, my father sent me. I cannot comprehend how people believe this distorted teaching. The scriptures are straight up they were not meant to be twisted into creating creatures like the 3 headed trinity monster. Unbelievable!
3 headed trinity monster? wow

I think it would be best Aviela, if you left the Christian Bible to the Christians. Its not for you or any JW to dictate the meanings of our scripture.

Perhaps you'd like the Mormon bible to pick apart? Or the Koran?
LTM

#415657 Jan 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, clay but ther is never areason for you or anyone to bow down and worship a piece of meal, made in whatever shape.
when you partake of that meal, then we were told to remember the sacrifice that He made for us.never ever will you or anyone else read one verse that tells you to worship that morsel of grain.
NEVER!!!!
and to HELP us to Remember, he sent back the Holy Ghost to live inside us. this God that we who are Born Again know, is large enough to create all things, yet small enough to live inside of US.
and I say this in love, no malice intended. if any person on this Forum gets Saved, really Saved, they will understand that Ritual and realize that it is a Ritual, an important one but it will never ever bring or cause Salvation to come to you.
PEOPLE NEED WHAT COMES AFTER THAT lAST SUPPER, NOT WHAT OCCURRED DURING THAT MEAL TIME.
Amen .
Clay

Chicago, IL

#415658 Jan 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, clay but ther is never areason for you or anyone to bow down and worship a piece of meal, made in whatever shape.
NEVER!!!!
we're not worshipping the grain Preston. We are worshiping Jesus Christ.
LTM

#415659 Jan 14, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
That's okay, she doesn't understand it anyway. She's biblically illiterate.
Bible Lite! That's about right.
I guess I get no credit for posting from what the catholic's preached and printed themselves eh. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 1 hr Tricky little mon... 84,300
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 2 hr Paul Porter1 255
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web