Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 668018 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#415863 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>yep, you got that right, just a bunch of sinners {thinking Jesus} for His Sacrifice,
BUT UNLIKE YOU DAN, WE ARE SINNERS {SAVED} BY GRACE.
you are saved by that piece of grain.
guess which one God will accept into heaven?
I received the grace of salvation at my baptism. That was probably a mid-meeting swim for you guys.

RE: heaven, I like my chances better than people who reject His word and assail people who accept it.

Just saying.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415864 Jan 15, 2013
Jesus is the Bread of Life.....

Spiritual or Physical....

Of course, it is SPIRITUAL....

Jesus is the satisfaction of our spiritual needs....all of them!!!!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415865 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Read it before many times Dan and like everytime I read it, I start at the beginning of the chapter so I understand the context.
Read it again, I guess, because you still aren't getting it.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#415866 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>yep, you got that right, just a bunch of sinners {thinking Jesus} for His Sacrifice,
BUT UNLIKE YOU DAN, WE ARE SINNERS {SAVED} BY GRACE.
you are saved by that piece of grain.
guess which one God will accept into heaven?
So my profession per Romans 10:9 doesn't mean anything? What else does a sinner have to do, join your holiness group?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#415867 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
A person who is conscious of grave sin can avail themselves of the Sacrament of Confession to receive absolution.
You're privy to the former Cardinal's confession schedule?
BUT THAT VERSE GOES ON TO SAY THAT HE MUST AT THE EARLIEST OPPORTUNITY CONFESS HIS SINS.

Law has never done that yet to anyones knowledge and your church continues to protect him thru diplomatic immunity as has been said on here many times lately.

law is a public figure so show us his confession of guilt. you cant for one simple reason, the dirt from your church hiding him couldnt be hidden any longer, could it?

the crimes(not sins)would then be exposed, and all of the catholics that he gave communion to, would be worried for their soul,as well as they should.

look it is very simple to get Saved, repent of your sins and ask the Lord to have mercy on your soul and accept that mercy, and from that time on, you dont have to wory about a sinful priest or a sinful Pastor, YOU WILL KNOW WHAT GOD HAS DONT FOR YOU IN FORGIVING YOU,

that is what some Protestants on this forum have done and they can tell you that what I say to you is the truth.

you put your TRUST in that piece of grain, I put my trust in His Sacrifice
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415868 Jan 15, 2013
Can our spiritual needs be satisfied by anything in this material world???

Absolutely NOT!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415869 Jan 15, 2013
Will shopping cure a guilty conscience full of sin???

Absolutely NOT!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415870 Jan 15, 2013
Ecclesiastes 3:11

11 He has made everything beautiful in its time.[[[[[He has also set eternity in the human heart;]]]]]~~~yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.~~~
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415871 Jan 15, 2013
Do we understand that our 'spiritual needs' are far more important than our physical needs???

Matthew 4:4

4 Jesus answered,“It is written:‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every WORD that comes from the mouth of God.’

Jesus is the 'bread of life'....His WORD!!!

Location hidden

#415872 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I received the grace of salvation at my baptism. That was probably a mid-meeting swim for you guys.
RE: heaven, I like my chances better than people who reject His word and assail people who accept it.
Just saying.
well, I guess that you and Christians dont have much in common then, because we received His grace when we got Saved.

I got saved on 8/25/82, was filled with the Holy Ghost on 8/27/82, baptised 9 months and one day later than that.

so at your baptism, all you got was wet, nothing more.

and I wouldnt like to have your chances as my chance of Salvtion, and since I stand for His Word, I reject those like you who make mockery out of it because they have been lied to and wrongly taught.

when you find out that you have been lied to, it will be to late, and thru eternity, you will remember the words from this old country boy.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#415873 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's more sad than funny...
Christ is in Heaven seated at the right hand of the Father and not in a bowl at the local catholic church.
More sad and funny than every evangelical who picks up a KJV and recites the sinner's prayer and proclaims Jesus is now IN him and has been made a new creation and is guided by the Holy Spirit unto all righteousness and is guaranteed heaven?

I think our claims are more reasonable, especially since Jesus clearly says it and clearly does not say the same about about evangelical claims.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415874 Jan 15, 2013
Deuteronomy 8:3

3 He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.

...to teach you that man does NOT live on bread alone .....

but on EVERY WORD that comes from the mouth of the Lord...
ReginaM

Lakehurst, NJ

#415875 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>look, you asked him for that info, he GAVE it 2 u
and it didnt take him "very long", did it?
people dont know other people on here, yet we assume that when they say something it is lies just because they dont attend the church that we belong to.
he made a statement and you disagreed, you can do that but when you asked him for that info, you KNEW in your heart that he wouldnt give it to you,well you were WRONG, now YOU need to contact them like you said that you would do. even tho it will be a waste of time, since they will stonewall you or lie(if it is the truth, and as long as he has been on here, Disciple has shown himself to be a honorable person).
and even when he got mad at me for exposing another person, I still considered him a smart person with integrity, a trait somewhat lacking on this forum.
Now you said that you would do it, so do it.
LOL, wrong, Preston. I was hoping he would give me the information, not that I need it. Now you're saying you won't accept the answer if it's contrary to what he said! What a shocker! A fundie denying the truth is no surprise to anyone. The fact remains that he or his relative lied. The Church does not grant divorces, nor does she sell indulgences. Not in this country or any other country. The Bishop told me.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#415876 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight....(I'm laughing as I type)...you don't believe in people being caught up into the clouds but you do believe Jesus' actual body is sitting in a bowl during a catholic mass? funny stuff.....
I guess you don't believe Christ walked on water or turned the water into wine then?

Your rapture concept is new, is it not? I'm talking about the 'left behind' crap and not the actual last day of Earth.

You guys get caught up into Heaven and the rest of the world - including Catholics - have to suffer for awhile. Right?
I say you added to the Book of Revelation.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415877 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>BUT THAT VERSE GOES ON TO SAY THAT HE MUST AT THE EARLIEST OPPORTUNITY CONFESS HIS SINS.
Law has never done that yet to anyones knowledge and your church continues to protect him thru diplomatic immunity as has been said on here many times lately.
law is a public figure so show us his confession of guilt. you cant for one simple reason, the dirt from your church hiding him couldnt be hidden any longer, could it?
the crimes(not sins)would then be exposed, and all of the catholics that he gave communion to, would be worried for their soul,as well as they should.
look it is very simple to get Saved, repent of your sins and ask the Lord to have mercy on your soul and accept that mercy, and from that time on, you dont have to wory about a sinful priest or a sinful Pastor, YOU WILL KNOW WHAT GOD HAS DONT FOR YOU IN FORGIVING YOU,
that is what some Protestants on this forum have done and they can tell you that what I say to you is the truth.
How the hell do you know when Law confessed?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415878 Jan 15, 2013
He who eats this bread will live forever.

Physical bread.....NO!!!

Spiritual bread....YES!!!

Digest the TRUTH which Jesus taught in the WORD OF GOD....

Location hidden

#415880 Jan 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
In your theology sin is sin, so it doesn't matter if you had an impure thought or murdered your adulterous lover.
Which means of course that God doesn't hear the prayers of protestant preachers either, unless you claim to be sinless.
well, unlike your priests, when and before we partake, we have Prayer, and make SURE nothing is between God and ourself. if it is, we take care of it right then by asking for forgiveness, which isnt hard to do.

and like others on here, I have seen some people take more time at prayer than others, when that happens, we gather around that person and lift them up by praying for them.

WE CARE!

and then we can give our thankgiving by partaking in remembrance of His sacrifice which is the ONLY way it is done.

that is what he meant and his followers taught that 2.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#415881 Jan 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's more sad than funny...
Christ is in Heaven seated at the right hand of the Father and not in a bowl at the local catholic church.
Yes it is sad that you do not understand scripture nor the power of God and limit Him to a singular place.

The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ? Because there is one bread, we who are many are one body, for we all partake of the one bread. 1 Cor. 10:16-17

For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said,'This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.' In the same way also the cup, after supper, saying,'This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.' For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of profaning the body and blood of the Lord. 1 Cor. 11:23-27

"'The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not communion of the Blood of Christ?' Very trustworthily and awesomely does he say it. For what he is saying is this:'What is in the cup is that which flowed from His side, and we partake of it.' He called it a cup of blessing because when we hold it in our hands that is how we praise Him in song, wondering and astonished at His indescribable Gift, blessing Him because of His having poured out this very Gift so that we might not remain in error, and not only for His having poured out It out, but also for His sharing It with all of us." "Homilies on the First Letter to the Corinthians" [24,1] ca. 392 A.D. St John Chrysostom
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#415879 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>BUT THAT VERSE GOES ON TO SAY THAT HE MUST AT THE EARLIEST OPPORTUNITY CONFESS HIS SINS.
"BUT THAT VERSE GOES ON TO SAY THAT HE MUST AT THE EARLIEST OPPORTUNITY CONFESS HIS SINS.

Law has never done that yet ..."

You don't know that Preston. Should his confession be public? Why? Do evangelicals confess all of their sins publically?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#415882 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
were you 3 months old too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 13 hr Alt Right Sucks 334
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Married in 10,389
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jan 14 Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec '16 KenJr26 1
More from around the web