Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670240 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#415843 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You should get your money back or something from Sears. They took one hell of a long time to put tires on your car for you have to read the entire Book of Revelation while you waited.
I'm calling BS.
sorry, old chap, but I started reading while I was 4 y/o. started first grade at 5, skipped the 3rd grade, graduated high school at the age of 16.and anyone that knows me knows that I am a very fast reader, so you lose. dont act asinine when you know NOTHING about me.

there are only a few chapters, it was not like I read the whole 66 books at one setting, and just to help you out, I have had almost a photographic memory, and at 70. my old mind still functions pretty good.in fact,I dont even know you, but it is better than yours.lol
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#415844 Jan 15, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the whole Rapture concept was a universally accepted dogma by the Evangelical born agains. I even saw a movie about it, "Left Behind".
http://catholicbridge.com/catholic/raptured_c...
ReginaM

Lakehurst, NJ

#415845 Jan 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you a question Anthony, for a person to recieve from the Communion Table is a Holy spiritual experince.
We must make our self right before God.
What about the person who is serving you from the communion table ,
Priest, In our church we have Deacons who pass the communion plate and unfermented new wine , along the pews to the people.
We all parttake of it together, After prayer and a short sermon of the importants of what it means to recieve it with out being in right standing with God.
How many times a day does a priest give Communion some of the Priest, were practising Homosexuals , child abuser's among many other things, and other priest and the pope knew they were,which means the priest should not have even been in the pulpit.
and how does a priest who is gulity of all the crimes mentioned
call The Spirit of the Living God to come down and be in the wafer.
The communion table would be polluted by the hands of the people guilty of abusing Gods innocent and shedding their blood.
So go and chew on that for awhile Anthony.
How many times have you and other catholic's recieved the
Eucharist from polluted bloody hands, of priests who have sexually abused young children, or a practising Homosexual.
'FOOD FOR THOUGHT" EH.
First and most importantly, the efficacy of the sacrament does not depend on the state of the soul of the priest who administers it. The sacraments are efficacious by Divine institution (Divine = God), not by the power of man. Man has no such power.

Second, you have absolutely no idea, none, nada, zero, if any priest administered any sacrament with unconfessed mortal sin on his soul. You're trying to play God, LTM. That's dangerous territory, be careful.

As far as others "knowing", you're promulgating your twisted opinion as fact. And you keep promulgating it over and over and over. Again, be careful. You're being guided by a spirit, and it's not the Holy Spirit.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415846 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, old chap, but I started reading while I was 4 y/o. started first grade at 5, skipped the 3rd grade, graduated high school at the age of 16.and anyone that knows me knows that I am a very fast reader, so you lose. dont act asinine when you know NOTHING about me.
there are only a few chapters, it was not like I read the whole 66 books at one setting, and just to help you out, I have had almost a photographic memory, and at 70. my old mind still functions pretty good.in fact,I dont even know you, but it is better than yours.lol
Sure. Everyone's a Mensa member on a message board.

Evelyn Wood would be so proud of you right now.

It's not your rate of reading that's of concern, rather your rate of comprehension.

Location hidden

#415847 Jan 15, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
That he spoke the truth? You'll have a very long wait then, I'm afraid. Very long.
look, you asked him for that info, he GAVE it 2 u

and it didnt take him "very long", did it?

people dont know other people on here, yet we assume that when they say something it is lies just because they dont attend the church that we belong to.

he made a statement and you disagreed, you can do that but when you asked him for that info, you KNEW in your heart that he wouldnt give it to you,well you were WRONG, now YOU need to contact them like you said that you would do. even tho it will be a waste of time, since they will stonewall you or lie(if it is the truth, and as long as he has been on here, Disciple has shown himself to be a honorable person).

and even when he got mad at me for exposing another person, I still considered him a smart person with integrity, a trait somewhat lacking on this forum.

Now you said that you would do it, so do it.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415848 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LTM presented some food for thoght for you catholics and I shall speak on them too.
the Bible is clear that no sinners prayers will be heard by God,with one exception, the sinners prayer for forgiveness,john 9:31
therefore it stands to reason that no Priest can pray and ask God to change that grain into the body of Christ, if he is a homosexual, a child abuser, a thief, etc. those prayers will not be answered so there will be no "mystical" change. it still remains a piece of grain and a grape.
and please dont come back like an idiot and say these crimes also occur in Protestant churches since our Churches are not proclaiming this idiocy, like your church does.
YOU CANT HAVE A HOLY CHURCH IF YOUR CLERICS ARE NOT HOLY THEMSELVES, you cant have a holy ritual if your clerics are blemished themselves
LTM's comments were uninformed blather. If you're as smart as you insist you are, I'd unhitch myself from her wagon right now.

Your insistence on limiting Almighty God in accord with mortal foible is puzzling. You certainly wouldn't ascribe a sinless nature to any human being, would you? You aren't intimating that your ministers are without human flaw, are you?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415849 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LTM presented some food for thoght for you catholics and I shall speak on them too.
the Bible is clear that no sinners prayers will be heard by God,with one exception, the sinners prayer for forgiveness,john 9:31
therefore it stands to reason that no Priest can pray and ask God to change that grain into the body of Christ, if he is a homosexual, a child abuser, a thief, etc. those prayers will not be answered so there will be no "mystical" change. it still remains a piece of grain and a grape.
and please dont come back like an idiot and say these crimes also occur in Protestant churches since our Churches are not proclaiming this idiocy, like your church does.
YOU CANT HAVE A HOLY CHURCH IF YOUR CLERICS ARE NOT HOLY THEMSELVES, you cant have a holy ritual if your clerics are blemished themselves
Do you believe that Christ is uncorruptible?

That was my statement. Agree or disagree?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#415850 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
In your theology sin is sin, so it doesn't matter if you had an impure thought or murdered your adulterous lover.

Which means of course that God doesn't hear the prayers of protestant preachers either, unless you claim to be sinless.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#415851 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious as to what "spritual experience" LTM and her fellow congregants receive from "communing" with a cracker and some grape juice.
How "right with God" does one need to be to eat a cracker?
I have to assume they're appetizers for the donuts, pastries and coffee served afterwards during "fellowship"....

Location hidden

#415852 Jan 15, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
First and most importantly, the efficacy of the sacrament does not depend on the state of the soul of the priest who administers it. The sacraments are efficacious by Divine institution (Divine = God), not by the power of man. Man has no such power.
Second, you have absolutely no idea, none, nada, zero, if any priest administered any sacrament with unconfessed mortal sin on his soul. You're trying to play God, LTM. That's dangerous territory, be careful.
As far as others "knowing", you're promulgating your twisted opinion as fact. And you keep promulgating it over and over and over. Again, be careful. You're being guided by a spirit, and it's not the Holy Spirit.
do YOU really believe that WE are this ignorant or naive that we can beleive that cardinal law doesnt know his sins, when the whole world DOES?
{
CIC Can. 916 A person who is conscious of grave sin is not to celebrate Mass}

or receive the body of the Lord without previous sacramental confession unless there is a grave reason and there is no opportunity to confess; in this case the person is to remember the obligation to make an act of perfect contrition which includes the resolution of confessing as soon as possible.

even a garbage collecter wouldnt pick up that trash.it stinks so much.

yet you expect us to believe it?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#415853 Jan 15, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
It also comes out of their mouths. You could shovel it. Gross, but there you have it. That's what comes of going out and starting your
No surprise to me or "anyone"----Regina! These Protestant "bible only" heretical and judgmental hypocrites (on this forum) are so indoctrinated and duped in "anti-catholic hate and hostility" that discussing or debating ANYTHING regarding the TRUE TEACHINGS of the Catholic Church is a "total waste of time"!!They have become "so desperate" in their hate, that they will say "anything, do, invent or dig up" ANY and ALL of the anti-catholic "exaggerated and distorted trash" they can find in order to "feed their insecure (1/2 truth Christian beliefs) and to (hopelessly) "elevate" their own (sinking) bible only boat of half-truth, half-heresy Christianity, which has "absolutely no basis" of biblical or historical truth to back up their own prodigal son" rebelliousness. We as Catholics, as well as the other 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world ALL KNOW the TRUTH of Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church (regardless) of what these Protestant (propagandists) continue to "sprew out" on this forum.
Discussion is "useless"!....Prayer is the only way that Our Lord can change the hearts, minds and souls of Protestants who live their (so-called Christianity) in anti-catholic "hate"!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415854 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
No man has now or had "clean hands" save for Christ, and He's not here with us now in the flesh.

Thus, your "communion" ritual is render even more devoid of signficance than it was by virtue of your denial of His Real Presence. It's a bunch of sinners having a mid-meeting snack, by your definition.

Have at it.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#415855 Jan 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to assume they're appetizers for the donuts, pastries and coffee served afterwards during "fellowship"....
I guess so. Tides one over, I suppose.

Location hidden

#415856 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that Christ is uncorruptible?
That was my statement. Agree or disagree?
I sure do, but I dont make Him into a piece of Grain. he is in Heaven, not a piece of grain.

give thanks for His sacrifice, but dont insult His Sacrifice.

but for any person to think that some sinner like many of your clerics can pray and call Him down from His Fathers throne is stupid, plain and simple.

jan 1965, I SAW Jesus as He was sitting besides me, I didnt see a piece of Grain, I saw Him.

Nor did I call Him down from Heaven, He came to save my life, and He did.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415857 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>do YOU really believe that WE are this ignorant or naive that we can beleive that cardinal law doesnt know his sins, when the whole world DOES?
{
CIC Can. 916 A person who is conscious of grave sin is not to celebrate Mass}
or receive the body of the Lord without previous sacramental confession unless there is a grave reason and there is no opportunity to confess; in this case the person is to remember the obligation to make an act of perfect contrition which includes the resolution of confessing as soon as possible.
even a garbage collecter wouldnt pick up that trash.it stinks so much.
yet you expect us to believe it?
A person who is conscious of grave sin can avail themselves of the Sacrament of Confession to receive absolution.

You're privy to the former Cardinal's confession schedule?

Location hidden

#415858 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No man has now or had "clean hands" save for Christ, and He's not here with us now in the flesh.
Thus, your "communion" ritual is render even more devoid of signficance than it was by virtue of your denial of His Real Presence. It's a bunch of sinners having a mid-meeting snack, by your definition.
Have at it.
yep, you got that right, just a bunch of sinners {thinking Jesus} for His Sacrifice,

BUT UNLIKE YOU DAN, WE ARE SINNERS {SAVED} BY GRACE.

you are saved by that piece of grain.

guess which one God will accept into heaven?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#415859 Jan 15, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did not mock the bread of the presence so perhaps you should try not mocking the Lord and his church as funny as that may be to you.
It's more sad than funny...

Christ is in Heaven seated at the right hand of the Father and not in a bowl at the local catholic church.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415860 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I sure do, but I dont make Him into a piece of Grain. he is in Heaven, not a piece of grain.
but for any person to think that some sinner like many of your clerics can pray and call Him down from His Fathers throne is stupid, plain and simple.
jan 1965, I SAW Jesus as He was sitting besides me, I didnt see a piece of Grain, I saw Him.
He's not a "piece of grain".

He is present body and blood in the Eucharist, just as He said He was in John 6. He didn't say "If you eat a cracker and drinkk grape juice while thinking of me, you will have eternal life".

He appears in the Eucharist because He promised He would.

He's probably unhappy that you don't take Him at His word.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#415861 Jan 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep laughing.
35 Then Jesus declared,“I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”
41 At this the Jews there began to grumble about him because he said,“I am the bread that came down from heaven.” 42 They said,“Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How can he now say,‘I came down from heaven’?”
43 “Stop grumbling among yourselves,” Jesus answered. 44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets:‘They will all be taught by God.’[d] Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me. 46 No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father. 47 Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. 50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”
52 Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves,“How can this man give us his flesh to eat?”
53 Jesus said to them,“Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” 59 He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.
Read it before many times Dan and like everytime I read it, I start at the beginning of the chapter so I understand the context.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415862 Jan 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I sure do, but I dont make Him into a piece of Grain. he is in Heaven, not a piece of grain.
If He's uncorruptible (and omnipotent), what prevents Him from being present in the Eucharist? Not AT, IN the Eucharist.

All clerics are sinners. Every one of them, everywhere. Their sin prevents God from doing something He promised He'd do? This is the statement you've made.

Explain how this is possible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
News Pope illuminates 'tree' via Tablet (Dec '11) Feb 11 Phart Seasonally 23
News Giant John Paul II statuea (Apr '13) Feb 11 Phart Loudly 41
More from around the web