Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,499
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#415546 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Mother Goose blesses you!
I encourage you to stay on the level you are on with Mother Goose, Sponge Bob etc. Simply put you do not want to reach too far intellectually. You could easily get discouraged and end up in a refrigerator box condo in the slums, spouting incoherent phrases abou being molested by Orville Redinbocker.Leave Theology to the Big Dogs.
Pat

Granby, CT

#415547 Jan 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one calling people "liar" and proclaiming your rationality as a basis for doing so. Failing to prove something to Robert Ingersoll's satisfaction isn't a universal litmus test I'm aware of.
I'd hope you'd have more arrows in the quiver than name-calling.
Guess not.
You foolish death deniers are indeed all liars.

It is an established maxim and moral that he who makes an assertion without knowing whether it is true or false is guilty of falsehood, and the accidental truth of the assertion does not justify or excuse him.
-- Abraham Lincoln

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#415549 Jan 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Full of Love
Since: Feb 08
Location hidden
Please wait... Reply
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#415312 16 hrs ago
atemcowboy wrote:
hey karen, have you ever sopped bean soup with corn bread and got it on your chin before?lol
her;
Do you even have to ask that?
I'm from the south man!
We live on that stuff.
Do y'all cook your's with fat back?
guest first brought up the word "sop", and since I was eating some bean soup and since this is how we do it, grab a piece of corn bread, dip it in the beans and go to town, and if you drop the bread in the beans, not a biggie. use your own method to get it out. since I am civilized, I get it out the best way I can.

another piece of bread works, but a spoon is the easiest.

the point was, that even tho this word "sop" was centuries old, the practice is still the same as it was back at the Lords Supper.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415548 Jan 14, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying God commanded you to make statues of Mary and saints? Where is this commandment?
Straw man.

Neither Clay nor anyone else said it was required.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415550 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
You foolish death deniers are indeed all liars.
It is an established maxim and moral that he who makes an assertion without knowing whether it is true or false is guilty of falsehood, and the accidental truth of the assertion does not justify or excuse him.
-- Abraham Lincoln
Sheesh.

Go the agnostic boards and swap spit with them.

I'll even tell them you're the most well-informed, rational smiter of the faithful ever and that if he could, Ingersoll himself would come out of his grave so you two could hit his old lecture circuit together.

Better?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#415551 Jan 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one calling people "liar" and proclaiming your rationality as a basis for doing so. Failing to prove something to Robert Ingersoll's satisfaction isn't a universal litmus test I'm aware of.
I'd hope you'd have more arrows in the quiver than name-calling.
Guess not.
DAN, the phrase "arrows in a quiver" is Biblical but it represents the Children that a man has.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415552 Jan 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What's amusing is Atheist come up with far more whacked theories than any believer in God can.
My favorite is the one about aliens from a different galaxy coming here millions of yrs ago and planting DNA to kickstart life. lol
Or a comet slamming into Earth and then lightening sparked life- which later evolved into human beings as a result of some fish species having sex with a weird land creature....then another comet destroyed that and then a monkey had sex with a cave man. rotflol.
???

Even though it did for years, the Catholic Church does not dispute evolution today.

dum dee dum.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#415553 Jan 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>DAN, the phrase "arrows in a quiver" is Biblical but it represents the Children that a man has.
Preston...let me pick your brain

Last night in bible study we were talking about the two witnesses in Revelation 11. I heard Moses, Elijah, John the Baptist, Enoch, Abraham....

who do you think they are?

To be honest I'm not even sure
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415554 Jan 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>DAN, the phrase "arrows in a quiver" is Biblical but it represents the Children that a man has.
Or this:

Idiom Definitions for 'Arrow in the quiver'

----------

An arrow in the quiver is a strategy or option that could be used to achieve your objective.

Read more at http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/...
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415555 Jan 14, 2013
RUN CATHOLICS, RUN!! But they can't run from this.

FACT: Matthew, Mark and Luke ALL agree.

There is no such thing as HOLY Diplomatic Immunity from justice for children.

Catholics here cannot look this reality in the eye.

Individual Priests cannot invoke diplomatic immunity. It is the church that makes a claim of immunity on behalf of "priests."

There is no way in Hell that Jesus would guide such a travesty of justice.

Next.....

What are the fruits of Catholicism?
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415556 Jan 14, 2013
What are the fruits of Roman Catholicism???

Let's compare Catholic and non-Catholic societies in the Americas.

Here wee see the fruits of Catholicism:

more poverty

more crime

fewer basic human rights

more corruption

more drugs

shorter average life span

Ain't Catholicism great!!!:o)
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415557 Jan 14, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
RUN CATHOLICS, RUN!! But they can't run from this.
FACT: Matthew, Mark and Luke ALL agree.
There is no such thing as HOLY Diplomatic Immunity from justice for children.
Catholics here cannot look this reality in the eye.
Individual Priests cannot invoke diplomatic immunity. It is the church that makes a claim of immunity on behalf of "priests."
There is no way in Hell that Jesus would guide such a travesty of justice.
Next.....
What are the fruits of Catholicism?
Matthew, Mark and Luke never addressed ANY type of diplomatic immunity.

I can look that reality in the eye.
Clay

United States

#415558 Jan 14, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying God commanded you to make statues of Mary and saints? Where is this commandment?
I never said that.

I DID however, say that God commanded Israel to make graven images of Angels.(Exodus 25: 18-20)

Did Israel worship them? Did they believe God told them to worship the Angels?

Gods jealous of anything that is idolatry. He is not jealous of a image of Mary holding Jesus you knuckle head. ;-)
Clay

United States

#415559 Jan 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Straw man.
Thank you Dan.
marge

Ames, IA

#415560 Jan 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Straw man.
So then you do it to cause division and separation with those who think its sinful?
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#415561 Jan 14, 2013
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a smart man.
He is knowledgeable however without Wisdom.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415562 Jan 14, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
What are the fruits of Roman Catholicism???
Let's compare Catholic and non-Catholic societies in the Americas.
Here wee see the fruits of Catholicism:
more poverty
more crime
fewer basic human rights
more corruption
more drugs
shorter average life span
Ain't Catholicism great!!!:o)
That old warhorse post is years old, FM.

Put it out to pasture.
4GVN

Scott City, MO

#415563 Jan 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The commandment on graven imagery pertains to idolatry.
Period.
Whoever's the author of this paste-up isn't licensed to add that line to every commandment, regardless of whoever has accused the Catholic Church of idolatry.
Again, as you doubtless use graven images (money and/or a cross) in your daily life, you acknowledge this reality.
When one seeks to give attributes to any crreated being and place them spiritually on a higher plain than all others and give them super titles such as 'Queen of Heaven', Holy Father, Arch bishop etc. one is attempting to deify that person. When one attributes to a created being that are to be attributed to God alone, the same is true. This has been a progressive process in the RCC. When Mary is ascribed as being sinless (just like Jesus) when Mary was said to have been raised bodily(just like Jesus) when Mary is oft referred to as 'co-meditor', co-redeemer and such, the RCC has sought to elevate her well above what the scriptures do. And to say the very least, it fringes on idolatry. And it takes away from the all sufficiency of Jesus Christ.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#415564 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Morality are the rules of human group co-operation. They exist in us because they are a benefit to our survival. Civilization could not occur without these rules of co-operation. They evolved in us through natural selection like any other useful trait.
Pat

Nations and civilizations come and go. Born live die. They do not promote evolution.

So if morality evolved from natural selection, and natural selection came from chemicals, and chemicals from atoms, atoms from sub-atomic particles, then you must think protons and electrons, and oxygen, and rocks, and plants, planets and suns are moral....

All these things come and go by natural processes. To say these processes are moral is illogical. Likewise to anthropomorphize these processes into the biological and natural world is more in line with a narcissistic attitude.

I think it easier to believe that God made man in his own image, and that human beings are moral creatures.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415565 Jan 14, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
So then you do it to cause division and separation with those who think its sinful?
No.

People who think it's "sinful" are using the imagery as a proxy for their hatred of the Catholic Church and attempting to cause the division and separation you mention here.

We "do it" because it pleases the eye and glorifies God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 12 hr kent 83,903
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 19 hr Mr Sir 8,694
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Fri Cat74 11
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Dec 17 cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web