Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
400,361 - 400,380 of 533,711 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

so what you say my faith is zero..and you say Jesus can do anything..now..he don't liked us..its ok if not..are you very proud of that fra roberto..if yes good luck to you..we will wait another evolution with hair..maybe some funny gay can created us without you fra Roberto..don't fill sorry even if we belong to smelly worms.
Are you for sure Jesus never visited any graveyards with warms..by roberto don't lose yourself because of me..to be holy you can be we don't need.
its good be stupid

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you are out of line,why? what are you accomplishing here by throwing out these insults? you the forum bully?
hey jethro, how about you doing me afavor, step back take a flying leap and kiss. when i wrote that, several of us were using a little levity to have some fun talking about FOOD. nothing else.

you are completely out of line on this one, freak.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Pat-
You can believe as you wish, but how can you simply dismiss St. Paul as a "liar" while simultaneously exhorting all of us to take Robert Green Ingersoll at face?
A bit contradictory, yes?
Because Ingersoll is not making any claims he can not support. If I claim I have won the lottery before checking my ticket am I a lair, yes or no? If you claim there is a god when you do not know if what you are caliming is true you are a lair, plain and simple. This is why honest people reject blind ignorant dishonest faith. To claim there is a god is no different than claiming there are aliens on Pluto and if you have no evidence to back up your claim you are guilty of falsehood.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks like you found your god.
I respect and admire honest rational thought. I don't worship anything, that submissive behavior is better suited to the mental slaves called theists.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>he died a few years ago. I think the name of his ministry was worldwide church of god.
here are some views of that statement about the lost tribes which they now reject as being untrue
10. British Israelism/Anglo-Israelism.(und er Armstrong)-- Views the "lost ten tribes" of Israel as the key to prophecy. Claims that "Judah" and "Israel" always refer to the two separate nations, and that inhabitants of Great Britain are of the tribe of Ephraim, while the inhabitants of America are of the tribe of Manasseh.(Armstrong never did explain how a Britisher, by immigrating to the U.S., moves from the tribe of Ephraim to the tribe of Manasseh.) Claims that white Anglo-Saxons are the chosen people of God.
British Israelism/Anglo-Israelism.(und er Tkach)-- Late-1995, the church officially rejected the doctrine that the Anglo-Saxons descended from the tribes of Israel
The doctrinal foundation of the Worldwide Church of God was adopted from the Seventh-Day Adventists through the Church of God-7th Day. Armstrong added the Identity of Modern Israel theory which he obtained from J. H. Allen and the Jewish Feast Days
this is like the jw's"Also, the Holy Spirit is not a person, but an active force emanating from God. " marge would go bonkes on this statement.Armstrong taught that a believer could lose salvation by disobeying what Armstrong declared to be "God's command through His chosen Apostle." He wrote, "Do you want to let resentment against God's government over you NOW disqualify you -- snatch you from God's GRACE and PURPOSE for you, and cast you into a lake of fire?" (Dear Brethren Letter, May 2, 1974, p. 7).
http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Cults/arm...
This is a link to the 12 tribes and the History of them.
http://jewsandjoes.com/the-10-lost-tribes-of-...
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Ingersoll is not making any claims he can not support. If I claim I have won the lottery before checking my ticket am I a lair, yes or no? If you claim there is a god when you do not know if what you are caliming is true you are a lair, plain and simple. This is why honest people reject blind ignorant dishonest faith. To claim there is a god is no different than claiming there are aliens on Pluto and if you have no evidence to back up your claim you are guilty of falsehood.
Ingersoll woudl simply say there is no God and you'd take him at face. Why do you require greater rigor for others' beliefs than you do for your own?

BTW, "I can't see God so he doesn't exist" doesn't pass for rigor.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>hey jethro, how about you doing me afavor, step back take a flying leap and kiss. when i wrote that, several of us were using a little levity to have some fun talking about FOOD. nothing else.
you are completely out of line on this one, freak.
Full of Love

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden
Please wait... Reply
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#415312 16 hrs ago
atemcowboy wrote:
hey karen, have you ever sopped bean soup with corn bread and got it on your chin before?lol

her;
Do you even have to ask that?

I'm from the south man!

We live on that stuff.

Do y'all cook your's with fat back?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
......and don't feel that I'm attempting to dissuade you from any beliefs you hold. I'm as interested in "converting" an agnostic as you are in being converted-that is, not at all.

I was simply inquiring as to how your posts presented themselves.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ingersoll woudl simply say there is no God and you'd take him at face. Why do you require greater rigor for others' beliefs than you do for your own?
BTW, "I can't see God so he doesn't exist" doesn't pass for rigor.
Stop lying. Ingersoll said the theists claim of a god is unproven, not that it has been proven false.

BTW, "I can't see God so he does exist" doesn't pass for rigor, hypocrite.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
So Armstrong was a SDA, that explains a lot. My brother-in-law use to listen to him all the time. They have magazines he left it at my house once, Nancy my friend told me his teachings were not creditable her husband was my Pastor so I didn't read any more of his stuff.
I couldn't remember his name though ,
I am going to read up and do some studying on the 12 tribes of Israel , my interest has been peaked.
I will go to the church library and get some books on it.
The Pastor who knows a lot on this subject is very elderly now and sick, I miss his teachings a lot.
But he is always up for talking on this subject God Love Him.
lock this into your favorites, they will send it to you via email, and i also receive Jerusalem post.
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/

I think that every person that loves Israel would be interested in receiving newss about that country.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
Why did he just not say I'm going to send myself and sacrifice myself. Why did Jesus tell satan: Stand behind me it is Jehovah you must worship. Why didn't he just say I am Jehovah worship me?
It takes more BLIND faith in the trinity than it does to believe Jehovah and Jesus are not the same beings. I for one don't think Jesus' intentions was to confuse the masses into thinking he was his father. The Jews in his days new he wasn't God. Jesus did not lie when he said people were going to believe strange teachings after his death.
Aviela good friend

You have 3 why questions....Thats a trinity(smile).

"Why" questions are generally pretty deep, so in a short post, almost impossible to answer except by a general answer: God did the thing and answered in a way which He found was of greatist benefit for the good of all....

In general, a faith that is easy to understand is no faith at all, but a substitute for faith. It would be more based on the knowledge and understanding, or an intellectual view, which is generally narcissitic. Gnosticism is a prime example of a faithless faith, dependent on some secret knowledge, that unites a self to Self.(And that Self is Creation)

There are some on here that sense the connection of Jesus being an angel(a part of Creation), which keeps them from knowing God in a personal way is like Gnosticism. This seperation you need to overcome/understand is the sense that JCW's are cutting the heart out of the love of God from the Trinity.

Jesus is God, and Man, not 1/2 God and 1/2 Man, but all God and all Man. And this is why those believers in Jesus in this way have an intimate relationship with God. It is a mystery that has faith always seeking more deeply a person's relationship with God.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

The agnostic athesit does not simply say, "l do not know." He goes another step, and he says, with great emphasis, that you do not know. He insists that you are trading on the ignorance of others, and on the fear of others. He is not satisfied with saying that you do not know,-- he demonstrates that you do not know, and he drives you from the field of fact -- he drives you from the realm of reason -- he drives you from the light, into the darkness of conjecture -- into the world of dreams and shadows, and he compels you to say, at last, that your faith has no foundation in fact.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

The notion that faith in Christ is to be rewarded by an eternity of bliss, while a dependence upon reason, observation and experience merits everlasting pain, is too absurd for refutation, and can be relieved only by that unhappy mixture of insanity and ignorance, called "faith."
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, The Gods
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

We have already compared the benefits of theology and science. When the theologian governed the world, it was covered with huts and hovels for the many, palaces and cathedrals for the few. To nearly all the children of men, reading and writing were unknown arts. The poor were clad in rags and skins -- they devoured crusts, and gnawed bones. The day of Science dawned, and the luxuries of a century ago are the necessities of to-day. Men in the middle ranks of life have more of the conveniences and elegancies than the princes and kings of the theological times. But above and over all this, is the development of mind. There is more of value in the brain of an average man of to-day -- of a master-mechanic, of a chemist, of a naturalist, of an inventor, than there was in the brain of the world four hundred years ago.
These blessings did not fall from the skies. These benefits did not drop from the outstretched hands of priests. They were not found in cathedrals or behind altars -- neither were they searched for with holy candles. They were not discovered by the closed eyes of prayer, nor did they come in answer to superstitious supplication. They are the children of freedom, the gifts of reason, observation and experience -- and for them all, man is indebted to man.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, "God In The Constitution"
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop lying. Ingersoll said the theists claim of a god is unproven, not that it has been proven false.
BTW, "I can't see God so he does exist" doesn't pass for rigor, hypocrite.
You're the one calling people "liar" and proclaiming your rationality as a basis for doing so. Failing to prove something to Robert Ingersoll's satisfaction isn't a universal litmus test I'm aware of.

I'd hope you'd have more arrows in the quiver than name-calling.

Guess not.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Aviela good friend
You have 3 why questions....Thats a trinity(smile).
"Why" questions are generally pretty deep, so in a short post, almost impossible to answer except by a general answer: God did the thing and answered in a way which He found was of greatist benefit for the good of all....
In general, a faith that is easy to understand is no faith at all, but a substitute for faith. It would be more based on the knowledge and understanding, or an intellectual view, which is generally narcissitic. Gnosticism is a prime example of a faithless faith, dependent on some secret knowledge, that unites a self to Self.(And that Self is Creation)
There are some on here that sense the connection of Jesus being an angel(a part of Creation), which keeps them from knowing God in a personal way is like Gnosticism. This seperation you need to overcome/understand is the sense that JCW's are cutting the heart out of the love of God from the Trinity.
Jesus is God, and Man, not 1/2 God and 1/2 Man, but all God and all Man. And this is why those believers in Jesus in this way have an intimate relationship with God. It is a mystery that has faith always seeking more deeply a person's relationship with God.
"a faith that is easy to understand is no faith at all, but a substitute for faith. It would be more based on the knowledge and understanding, or an intellectual view, which is generally narcissitic."

LOL Knowledge is the villian only to a narcissistic, self worshiping dishonest god hustler like you - but you are right faith = the opposite oif knowledge (ignorance) for to admit a belief requires faith is an admission the belief can not stand on its own merits. In other words it's pure crap.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a link to the 12 tribes and the History of them.
http://jewsandjoes.com/the-10-lost-tribes-of-...
some very good reading so I saved it into my favorites. I would give anything, well almost, to have journeyed to israel. well maybe we who have met on this forum can a homecoming meeting in Jerusalem someday
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're purposely mis reading the commandment to make a case against the Catholic Church.
Why did God command the Jews to carve graven images of Angels in that very same book of Exodus?
Are you saying God commanded you to make statues of Mary and saints? Where is this commandment?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Mother Goose blesses you!
I encourage you to stay on the level you are on with Mother Goose, Sponge Bob etc. Simply put you do not want to reach too far intellectually. You could easily get discouraged and end up in a refrigerator box condo in the slums, spouting incoherent phrases abou being molested by Orville Redinbocker.Leave Theology to the Big Dogs.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one calling people "liar" and proclaiming your rationality as a basis for doing so. Failing to prove something to Robert Ingersoll's satisfaction isn't a universal litmus test I'm aware of.
I'd hope you'd have more arrows in the quiver than name-calling.
Guess not.
You foolish death deniers are indeed all liars.

It is an established maxim and moral that he who makes an assertion without knowing whether it is true or false is guilty of falsehood, and the accidental truth of the assertion does not justify or excuse him.
-- Abraham Lincoln

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 29 min Scales Off 8,199
Vatican releases schedule for Pope's trip to Al... 3 hr Barbarian 3
If Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin dona t like th... (Nov '13) 8 hr Finish this sentence 894
Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) 16 hr fener 20
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 18 hr INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 36
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... Wed psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Tue ELIAS IBARRA 60
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••