Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#415537 Jan 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
So Armstrong was a SDA, that explains a lot. My brother-in-law use to listen to him all the time. They have magazines he left it at my house once, Nancy my friend told me his teachings were not creditable her husband was my Pastor so I didn't read any more of his stuff.
I couldn't remember his name though ,
I am going to read up and do some studying on the 12 tribes of Israel , my interest has been peaked.
I will go to the church library and get some books on it.
The Pastor who knows a lot on this subject is very elderly now and sick, I miss his teachings a lot.
But he is always up for talking on this subject God Love Him.
lock this into your favorites, they will send it to you via email, and i also receive Jerusalem post.
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/

I think that every person that loves Israel would be interested in receiving newss about that country.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#415538 Jan 14, 2013
Aviela wrote:
Why did he just not say I'm going to send myself and sacrifice myself. Why did Jesus tell satan: Stand behind me it is Jehovah you must worship. Why didn't he just say I am Jehovah worship me?
It takes more BLIND faith in the trinity than it does to believe Jehovah and Jesus are not the same beings. I for one don't think Jesus' intentions was to confuse the masses into thinking he was his father. The Jews in his days new he wasn't God. Jesus did not lie when he said people were going to believe strange teachings after his death.
Aviela good friend

You have 3 why questions....Thats a trinity(smile).

"Why" questions are generally pretty deep, so in a short post, almost impossible to answer except by a general answer: God did the thing and answered in a way which He found was of greatist benefit for the good of all....

In general, a faith that is easy to understand is no faith at all, but a substitute for faith. It would be more based on the knowledge and understanding, or an intellectual view, which is generally narcissitic. Gnosticism is a prime example of a faithless faith, dependent on some secret knowledge, that unites a self to Self.(And that Self is Creation)

There are some on here that sense the connection of Jesus being an angel(a part of Creation), which keeps them from knowing God in a personal way is like Gnosticism. This seperation you need to overcome/understand is the sense that JCW's are cutting the heart out of the love of God from the Trinity.

Jesus is God, and Man, not 1/2 God and 1/2 Man, but all God and all Man. And this is why those believers in Jesus in this way have an intimate relationship with God. It is a mystery that has faith always seeking more deeply a person's relationship with God.
Pat

Granby, CT

#415539 Jan 14, 2013
The agnostic athesit does not simply say, "l do not know." He goes another step, and he says, with great emphasis, that you do not know. He insists that you are trading on the ignorance of others, and on the fear of others. He is not satisfied with saying that you do not know,-- he demonstrates that you do not know, and he drives you from the field of fact -- he drives you from the realm of reason -- he drives you from the light, into the darkness of conjecture -- into the world of dreams and shadows, and he compels you to say, at last, that your faith has no foundation in fact.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll
Pat

Granby, CT

#415540 Jan 14, 2013
The notion that faith in Christ is to be rewarded by an eternity of bliss, while a dependence upon reason, observation and experience merits everlasting pain, is too absurd for refutation, and can be relieved only by that unhappy mixture of insanity and ignorance, called "faith."
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, The Gods
Pat

Granby, CT

#415541 Jan 14, 2013
We have already compared the benefits of theology and science. When the theologian governed the world, it was covered with huts and hovels for the many, palaces and cathedrals for the few. To nearly all the children of men, reading and writing were unknown arts. The poor were clad in rags and skins -- they devoured crusts, and gnawed bones. The day of Science dawned, and the luxuries of a century ago are the necessities of to-day. Men in the middle ranks of life have more of the conveniences and elegancies than the princes and kings of the theological times. But above and over all this, is the development of mind. There is more of value in the brain of an average man of to-day -- of a master-mechanic, of a chemist, of a naturalist, of an inventor, than there was in the brain of the world four hundred years ago.
These blessings did not fall from the skies. These benefits did not drop from the outstretched hands of priests. They were not found in cathedrals or behind altars -- neither were they searched for with holy candles. They were not discovered by the closed eyes of prayer, nor did they come in answer to superstitious supplication. They are the children of freedom, the gifts of reason, observation and experience -- and for them all, man is indebted to man.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, "God In The Constitution"
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415542 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop lying. Ingersoll said the theists claim of a god is unproven, not that it has been proven false.
BTW, "I can't see God so he does exist" doesn't pass for rigor, hypocrite.
You're the one calling people "liar" and proclaiming your rationality as a basis for doing so. Failing to prove something to Robert Ingersoll's satisfaction isn't a universal litmus test I'm aware of.

I'd hope you'd have more arrows in the quiver than name-calling.

Guess not.
Pat

Granby, CT

#415543 Jan 14, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Aviela good friend
You have 3 why questions....Thats a trinity(smile).
"Why" questions are generally pretty deep, so in a short post, almost impossible to answer except by a general answer: God did the thing and answered in a way which He found was of greatist benefit for the good of all....
In general, a faith that is easy to understand is no faith at all, but a substitute for faith. It would be more based on the knowledge and understanding, or an intellectual view, which is generally narcissitic. Gnosticism is a prime example of a faithless faith, dependent on some secret knowledge, that unites a self to Self.(And that Self is Creation)
There are some on here that sense the connection of Jesus being an angel(a part of Creation), which keeps them from knowing God in a personal way is like Gnosticism. This seperation you need to overcome/understand is the sense that JCW's are cutting the heart out of the love of God from the Trinity.
Jesus is God, and Man, not 1/2 God and 1/2 Man, but all God and all Man. And this is why those believers in Jesus in this way have an intimate relationship with God. It is a mystery that has faith always seeking more deeply a person's relationship with God.
"a faith that is easy to understand is no faith at all, but a substitute for faith. It would be more based on the knowledge and understanding, or an intellectual view, which is generally narcissitic."

LOL Knowledge is the villian only to a narcissistic, self worshiping dishonest god hustler like you - but you are right faith = the opposite oif knowledge (ignorance) for to admit a belief requires faith is an admission the belief can not stand on its own merits. In other words it's pure crap.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#415544 Jan 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a link to the 12 tribes and the History of them.
http://jewsandjoes.com/the-10-lost-tribes-of-...
some very good reading so I saved it into my favorites. I would give anything, well almost, to have journeyed to israel. well maybe we who have met on this forum can a homecoming meeting in Jerusalem someday
marge

Ames, IA

#415545 Jan 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're purposely mis reading the commandment to make a case against the Catholic Church.
Why did God command the Jews to carve graven images of Angels in that very same book of Exodus?
Are you saying God commanded you to make statues of Mary and saints? Where is this commandment?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#415546 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Mother Goose blesses you!
I encourage you to stay on the level you are on with Mother Goose, Sponge Bob etc. Simply put you do not want to reach too far intellectually. You could easily get discouraged and end up in a refrigerator box condo in the slums, spouting incoherent phrases abou being molested by Orville Redinbocker.Leave Theology to the Big Dogs.
Pat

Granby, CT

#415547 Jan 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one calling people "liar" and proclaiming your rationality as a basis for doing so. Failing to prove something to Robert Ingersoll's satisfaction isn't a universal litmus test I'm aware of.
I'd hope you'd have more arrows in the quiver than name-calling.
Guess not.
You foolish death deniers are indeed all liars.

It is an established maxim and moral that he who makes an assertion without knowing whether it is true or false is guilty of falsehood, and the accidental truth of the assertion does not justify or excuse him.
-- Abraham Lincoln

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#415549 Jan 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Full of Love
Since: Feb 08
8,840
Location hidden
Please wait... Reply
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#415312 16 hrs ago
atemcowboy wrote:
hey karen, have you ever sopped bean soup with corn bread and got it on your chin before?lol
her;
Do you even have to ask that?
I'm from the south man!
We live on that stuff.
Do y'all cook your's with fat back?
guest first brought up the word "sop", and since I was eating some bean soup and since this is how we do it, grab a piece of corn bread, dip it in the beans and go to town, and if you drop the bread in the beans, not a biggie. use your own method to get it out. since I am civilized, I get it out the best way I can.

another piece of bread works, but a spoon is the easiest.

the point was, that even tho this word "sop" was centuries old, the practice is still the same as it was back at the Lords Supper.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415548 Jan 14, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying God commanded you to make statues of Mary and saints? Where is this commandment?
Straw man.

Neither Clay nor anyone else said it was required.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415550 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
You foolish death deniers are indeed all liars.
It is an established maxim and moral that he who makes an assertion without knowing whether it is true or false is guilty of falsehood, and the accidental truth of the assertion does not justify or excuse him.
-- Abraham Lincoln
Sheesh.

Go the agnostic boards and swap spit with them.

I'll even tell them you're the most well-informed, rational smiter of the faithful ever and that if he could, Ingersoll himself would come out of his grave so you two could hit his old lecture circuit together.

Better?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#415551 Jan 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one calling people "liar" and proclaiming your rationality as a basis for doing so. Failing to prove something to Robert Ingersoll's satisfaction isn't a universal litmus test I'm aware of.
I'd hope you'd have more arrows in the quiver than name-calling.
Guess not.
DAN, the phrase "arrows in a quiver" is Biblical but it represents the Children that a man has.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415552 Jan 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What's amusing is Atheist come up with far more whacked theories than any believer in God can.
My favorite is the one about aliens from a different galaxy coming here millions of yrs ago and planting DNA to kickstart life. lol
Or a comet slamming into Earth and then lightening sparked life- which later evolved into human beings as a result of some fish species having sex with a weird land creature....then another comet destroyed that and then a monkey had sex with a cave man. rotflol.
???

Even though it did for years, the Catholic Church does not dispute evolution today.

dum dee dum.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#415553 Jan 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>DAN, the phrase "arrows in a quiver" is Biblical but it represents the Children that a man has.
Preston...let me pick your brain

Last night in bible study we were talking about the two witnesses in Revelation 11. I heard Moses, Elijah, John the Baptist, Enoch, Abraham....

who do you think they are?

To be honest I'm not even sure
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415554 Jan 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>DAN, the phrase "arrows in a quiver" is Biblical but it represents the Children that a man has.
Or this:

Idiom Definitions for 'Arrow in the quiver'

----------

An arrow in the quiver is a strategy or option that could be used to achieve your objective.

Read more at http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/...
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415555 Jan 14, 2013
RUN CATHOLICS, RUN!! But they can't run from this.

FACT: Matthew, Mark and Luke ALL agree.

There is no such thing as HOLY Diplomatic Immunity from justice for children.

Catholics here cannot look this reality in the eye.

Individual Priests cannot invoke diplomatic immunity. It is the church that makes a claim of immunity on behalf of "priests."

There is no way in Hell that Jesus would guide such a travesty of justice.

Next.....

What are the fruits of Catholicism?
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415556 Jan 14, 2013
What are the fruits of Roman Catholicism???

Let's compare Catholic and non-Catholic societies in the Americas.

Here wee see the fruits of Catholicism:

more poverty

more crime

fewer basic human rights

more corruption

more drugs

shorter average life span

Ain't Catholicism great!!!:o)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... 1 min ELIAS IBARRA 10
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 45 min Jaimie 84,129
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Mr Sir 9,206
News Woman excommunicated from Catholic Church calls... 4 hr Sicko 3
News Pinoys in NY prepare for Calungsod's sainthood (Aug '12) Sun untilthelighttak ... 209
News Pope on free speech: What about turning the oth... Sat KristoFMYsagun 11
News Cuban bishop says news of papal visit brings 'h... May 1 the AWSOME Cowboy 1
More from around the web