Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,027
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Pat

Granby, CT

#415468 Jan 14, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>God Bless You
Mother Goose blesses you!
truth

Perth, Australia

#415469 Jan 14, 2013
thousand thousand thousand thousand 1/8 from 24 hours..are you for sure you going listen that..no..are you going be scare..no be honest with you not why should beeeeeeeeee
how many thousand from 3 o'clock toward 6 in morning

please tell me where you can be with 1/8 from whole
or 1/4 from half way
if you know
72 and 72 multiplay 3 hearts 144 000
rest is 72 multiplay 3x hearts 72 000
where left only one 1000
if you know one Jesus Christ day is 1000 human years
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415470 Jan 14, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I am a JW I am in Jehovah's earthly organisation and I'm very proud of that. You all want to come up with these so called horrific stories of what some JW did to you. Now if you want to go there I can give you a list of what horrible Catholics did to me. I mean I can go on and on, and on, and on, and on for a whole semester but I'm not here for that. I post to answer misconceptions you people have about JW BELIEFS not PERSONALITY traits And if you feel uncomfortable talking about the NWT let's discuss the King James Bible I have no problem discussing the scriptures.
You wrote:

I am in Jehovah's earthly organisation

We (Christians) are in the world, but NOT of this world....

2 Timothy 4:18

18 The Lord will [[[rescue]]] me from every evil attack and ~~~will bring me safely to his HEAVENLY kingdom.~~~ To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Hebrews 11:16

16 Instead, they were longing for a BETTER country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a CITY for them.

Better country-A HEAVENLY ONE.....for he has prepared a CITY for them....

NOT here on earth....
Pat

Granby, CT

#415471 Jan 14, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:
I am in Jehovah's earthly organisation
We (Christians) are in the world, but NOT of this world....
2 Timothy 4:18
18 The Lord will [[[rescue]]] me from every evil attack and ~~~will bring me safely to his HEAVENLY kingdom.~~~ To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Hebrews 11:16
16 Instead, they were longing for a BETTER country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a CITY for them.
Better country-A HEAVENLY ONE.....for he has prepared a CITY for them....
NOT here on earth....
It's amusing how the dishonest theist so often picks a dishonest user name like "truth" or "dr reality" etc. They are trying to convince themselves they are not not lying idiots is all.
truth

Perth, Australia

#415472 Jan 14, 2013
pray for your enimy as for yourself
yes i can hear that every day
to be stupid or idiot is not nice
eh what can we do..nothing
did you hear for abuse power no if not tell me how all police ministers judges become rich as well all friends of them secret or not..must be god love them very much all of them holy..
Are you for sure they are holy?

its ok if you think
remember all angels and demons will fall..are you for sure its not like that?
yes it is..now
you need say sin my sin my bigest sin..or you will say my son my son my bigest son...
must be very fumnny your corupt city full of gold

fire as brime all will fall pade velika razvratnica your belove city..
byyyyyyyyyyy
Clay

United States

#415474 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amusing how the dishonest theist so often picks a dishonest user name like "truth" or "dr reality" etc. They are trying to convince themselves they are not not lying idiots is all.
What's amusing is Atheist come up with far more whacked theories than any believer in God can.
My favorite is the one about aliens from a different galaxy coming here millions of yrs ago and planting DNA to kickstart life. lol

Or a comet slamming into Earth and then lightening sparked life- which later evolved into human beings as a result of some fish species having sex with a weird land creature....then another comet destroyed that and then a monkey had sex with a cave man. rotflol.
Pat

Granby, CT

#415475 Jan 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What's amusing is Atheist come up with far more whacked theories than any believer in God can.
My favorite is the one about aliens from a different galaxy coming here millions of yrs ago and planting DNA to kickstart life. lol
Or a comet slamming into Earth and then lightening sparked life- which later evolved into human beings as a result of some fish species having sex with a weird land creature....then another comet destroyed that and then a monkey had sex with a cave man. rotflol.
If they believe in those things blindly, absent of evidence then theya re just as screwed up as any thiest who holds blind unsupported beliefs.

Atheists and theists generally do not argue over the merits of believing in aliens on Pluto, or in leprechauns. We rarely dispute what is or is not valid evidence for something outside the scope of religion (death denial). It is ONLY in matters that conflict with the theists cherished death denial mythology that these disagreements arise. This clearly proves the hypocrisy, dishonesty and ignorance of the theist. Theists prove every day they are capable of logical rational thought. They serve on juries every day using normal reasoning and logic. Theists do not all beleive in bigfoot, psychics, goblins and dragons. They use normal reasoning to reject all these other unsupported beliefs. The ONLY time the theists throw reason out the window is when it comes to facing their mortality, then they use no reason at all in order to adopt their irrational mythology and avoid facing death honestly.A theist is just a dishonest coward who refuses to face death like an adult, nothing more.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415476 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
What man has ever created himself?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415477 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
If they believe in those things blindly, absent of evidence then theya re just as screwed up as any thiest who holds blind unsupported beliefs.
Atheists and theists generally do not argue over the merits of believing in aliens on Pluto, or in leprechauns. We rarely dispute what is or is not valid evidence for something outside the scope of religion (death denial). It is ONLY in matters that conflict with the theists cherished death denial mythology that these disagreements arise. This clearly proves the hypocrisy, dishonesty and ignorance of the theist. Theists prove every day they are capable of logical rational thought. They serve on juries every day using normal reasoning and logic. Theists do not all beleive in bigfoot, psychics, goblins and dragons. They use normal reasoning to reject all these other unsupported beliefs. The ONLY time the theists throw reason out the window is when it comes to facing their mortality, then they use no reason at all in order to adopt their irrational mythology and avoid facing death honestly.A theist is just a dishonest coward who refuses to face death like an adult, nothing more.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415478 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did morality find its beginning?
Clay

United States

#415479 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that we (Catholics anyway) do not claim that God can be scientifically proven in a lab- nor has the Church ever claimed God to be anything other than the mysterious, supernatural creator of all things.
Its you guys that turn and and demand us to prove God in a science lab - when that is not even our claim.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#415480 Jan 14, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>like i told you,constantine most likely told his group of men not to put every word in the bible,
"most likely"??? That sounds like the "majority of personal opinionated" answers, which you have become an "expert" at arriving at your distorted (so called) Church History facts and conclusions. You can believe ANYTHING and in ANYWAY you want! Makes "absolutely--no difference to me"!!I'll stick to the TRUTH of TRUE Church History with Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church from the documented historical writings from those who "know the truth"---(the Apologistic History authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant), the biographies and manuscripts from the Lives of the Saints (in the Church) and the
writings from the Early Church Fathers of the Catholic Church handed down for 2000 years, verified (overwhelmingly) by Church Historian Experts who spend their entire lives, confirming and researching TRUE Church History.----You can continue to rely on your (quote)----- "most likely"---- assumptions, suppositions and "crap-shoot" ---(anti-catholic) "hack" writers in order to keep your "hostility, vengeance and hate" (heated up) against the PROVEN TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church!---
Pat

Granby, CT

#415481 Jan 14, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever hear of sex?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#415482 Jan 14, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
RUN CATHOLICS, RUN!!
FACT: Matthew, Mark and Luke ALL agree.
There is no such thing as HOLY Diplomatic Immunity from justice for children.
Catholics here cannot look this reality in the eye.
A few Priests cannot invoke diplomatic immunity. It is the church that makes a claim of immunity on behalf of "a few priests."
There is no way in Hell that Jesus would guide such a travesty of justice.
BUSTED and deservedly so.
WHO CARES!! We as Catholic, quote frankly< don't give one "iota" as to what you believe, because when bible only Protestants,like you, have become "so ingrainly stuck" on attacking and spreading your "distorted heretical trash opinions) against the Catholic Church and 2000 years of the TRUTH of TRUE (Universal-Catholic) Church of Jesus Christ, no amount of dialogue or discussion will change the "bondage" that you have chosen to "shackle your mind, heart and soul in! We as Catholics will continue to pray that
God will lead you to the TRUTH and out of your bondage of vengeance and hate!!!
Pat

Granby, CT

#415483 Jan 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that we (Catholics anyway) do not claim that God can be scientifically proven in a lab- nor has the Church ever claimed God to be anything other than the mysterious, supernatural creator of all things.
Its you guys that turn and and demand us to prove God in a science lab - when that is not even our claim.
You claim there is a god and you no more know this is true than you know if there are aliens on Pluto. You are guilty of a lie and the burden of proof is on you to back up your claim or accept that you are a liar no different from me where I to claim there are aliens on Pluto.

It is an established maxim and moral that he who makes an assertion without knowing whether it is true or false is guilty of falsehood, and the accidental truth of the assertion does not justify or excuse him.-- Abraham Lincoln
Pat

Granby, CT

#415484 Jan 14, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did morality find its beginning?
Morality are the rules of human group co-operation. They exist in us because they are a benefit to our survival. Civilization could not occur without these rules of co-operation. They evolved in us through natural selection like any other useful trait.
4GVN

Scott City, MO

#415485 Jan 14, 2013
Clay, can you explain to me exactly where is the line between veneration and worship? Do ANY catholics in all of the world EVER cross over that line? Is Mary ever 'worshipped' like God?
The literal Greek translation of the 2nd commandment does not say 'putting images in [lace of Him as deity'. The literal translation is 'Thou shalt have no other gods in My presence.'
Why do you think man's artistic ability in making images or icons somehow 'further glorifies Him.
If someone made a statue of Clay that looked nothing like Clay would you be pleased? Do you KNOW what Jesus looked like? And why do you feel that you need an image to 'hesp' you remember to worship God? Does He posses lso little of your heart and mind that you are always forgetting about Him?
And again you are ignoring the instructions regarding graven images. The scripture clearly says not to make unto thyself 'any graven images'. But why would you care what scripture says? You only care what the RCC says.
But someday you will give an account to God( not the magisterium) explaining why you chose to disregard His very detailed instructions.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415486 Jan 14, 2013
4GVN wrote:
Clay, can you explain to me exactly where is the line between veneration and worship? Do ANY catholics in all of the world EVER cross over that line? Is Mary ever 'worshipped' like God?
The literal Greek translation of the 2nd commandment does not say 'putting images in [lace of Him as deity'. The literal translation is 'Thou shalt have no other gods in My presence.'
Why do you think man's artistic ability in making images or icons somehow 'further glorifies Him.
If someone made a statue of Clay that looked nothing like Clay would you be pleased? Do you KNOW what Jesus looked like? And why do you feel that you need an image to 'hesp' you remember to worship God? Does He posses lso little of your heart and mind that you are always forgetting about Him?
And again you are ignoring the instructions regarding graven images. The scripture clearly says not to make unto thyself 'any graven images'. But why would you care what scripture says? You only care what the RCC says.
But someday you will give an account to God( not the magisterium) explaining why you chose to disregard His very detailed instructions.
How on Earth would Clay or anyone know if anyone actually worships Mary?

Statuary or artwork is not more "idolatry" than a protestant church or person festooned with a cross.

The Bible doesn't forbid statuary anyway. You say so yourself:

"The literal Greek translation of the 2nd commandment does not say 'putting images in [lace of Him as deity'. The literal translation is 'Thou shalt have no other gods in My presence.'"

Put the tract down and think.
4GVN

Scott City, MO

#415487 Jan 14, 2013
The Catholic Church long ago began making allowances for the idolatrous use of images by the way they reference the Ten Commandments. In the Catholic catechism and in most official Catholic documents, the first and second commandments are combined and then summarized with “I am the Lord your God. You shall not have other gods beside Me.” Suspiciously absent is what comprises the second commandment in the Protestant numbering of the Ten Commandments:“You shall not make any graven images.”

While it is understandable for “you shall not make any graven images” to be considered an aspect of “you shall not have other gods beside me,” based on the history of idolatry involving graven images throughout biblical and extra-biblical history, it seems unwise to not include “you shall not make any graven images” in every listing of the Ten Commandments. The omission seems especially suspicious in light of the fact that the Roman Catholic Church has long been accused of the idolatrous use of graven images.

There are good reasons for not using images in worship. First of all, the use of physical images to “aid” worship violates the command to worship God “in spirit and in truth”(John 4:23-24). Also, no one knows what God looks like, and John 1:18 is clear concerning this truth:“No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.” And, because God is Spirit (John 4:24a), it is irreverent to delineate Him as an iconic representation. No one alive knows what Jesus Christ looked like in the flesh, and, since there were no cameras when He walked the earth, the only description of His appearance is found in Isaiah 53:2-3, which says that He had “no stately form or majesty.”
4GVN

Scott City, MO

#415488 Jan 14, 2013
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth..........
The instructions are explicitly clear, and those who love the Lord do NOT seek to find a reason to disregard such clear teaching.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Thu Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Sep 18 pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Sep 18 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 17 Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••