Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 545,156
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415456 Jan 14, 2013
RUN CATHOLICS, RUN!!

FACT: Matthew, Mark and Luke ALL agree.

There is no such thing as HOLY Diplomatic Immunity from justice for children.

Catholics here cannot look this reality in the eye.

A few Priests cannot invoke diplomatic immunity. It is the church that makes a claim of immunity on behalf of "a few priests."

There is no way in Hell that Jesus would guide such a travesty of justice.

BUSTED and deservedly so.
Clay

United States

#415457 Jan 14, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> If all the pastor does is talk bad about Catholics then he doesn't know the Bible and doesn't know what to teach.The Bible is a book of Jewels..never ending knowledge. A beautiful treasure hunt:oD
No Aviela. The Bible is NOT a treasure hunt. I know many believe it is a secret hidden treasure map, that they need to decipher by isolating verse after verse and criss crossing book after book to unlock the hidden meaning of Christ and His ministry.
Its 72 books written by men with human thought entwined with divine insights from God to help the reader understand God. Some are prophetic; some are historical accounts; others are poems; and some are simple letters and memoirs of these men.
The New Testament is a Catholic book.... gathered, compiled, edited and labeled by the Roman Catholic Church in the 4th century. Some writings were left out, some were not. Our monks hand copied the books that were put in- for a thousand yrs, before Catholics invented a printing press.
Pat

Granby, CT

#415458 Jan 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, you're one 911 conspiracy Christianity guy, Jethro.
Ok, I get how people could THINK we're worshipping statutes at first glance.
If I just stumbled into America and walked pass the Lincoln Memorial, perhaps i would think those guys were worshiping that large figure. Many folks bow their heads in front of it in prayer.
I just think you're so filled with self hate and bigotry towards the Church, that you cling onto whatever negative things about them that is out there.
If I say the Catholic Church fed 4,000 homeless yesterday in the Twin Cities and opened up their doors for them to sleep in the basement.(which they did) you'd say "I'm sure it was a stupid sandwich and a fruit cup and they probably made em sleep on the floor"
project home
cathedralsaintPaul.org
The catholic church is a hate group like the KKK is a hate group. Asserting that everybody that does not join our Jesus group goes to hell is BIGOTRY, the desire of the catholic church to want to discriminate against gay couples is BIGOTRY and HATE and if you are part of this group you are part of the problem.
Clay

United States

#415459 Jan 14, 2013
.....and Aviela, its still "The word of God". We wholeheartedly believe that. God inspired the writers with divine insights.
But it is NOT a literal written recording of an audible voice from God that the authors copied.
Pat

Granby, CT

#415460 Jan 14, 2013
Atheists and theists do not argue over the merits of believing in aliens on Pluto, or leprechauns. We rarely dispute what is or is not valid evidence for something outside the scope of religion (death denial). It is ONLY in matters that conflict with the theists cherished death denial mythology that these disagreements arise. This clearly proves the hypocrisy, dishonesty and ignorance of that which is called religious faith. Faith is no virtue, it's the lack of it. All god hustlers are nothing but two bit liars selling false hope to cowards who refuse to face their own mortality honestly.

It is an established maxim and moral that he who makes an assertion without knowing whether it is true or false is guilty of falsehood, and the accidental truth of the assertion does not justify or excuse him.
-- Abraham Lincoln
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415461 Jan 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
your image of those things is where the problem lays.
You vision God as a tall old guy with a white beard. But the creator is the light, Sun, love, life and a whole lot of other things not described in human language. Jesus is the human manifestation of God.
"I and the father are one".
You envision Hell as physical torture in fire, with Demons stabbing you with pitch forks, because that's the only way we know how to describe it. Its most likely just eternal separation from God by our own free will. There is no love there, because God is not there.
Finally, I don't think any Christian believes if they celebrate Christmas they're going to Heaven!
I wonder how mankind got such a distorted vision of Hell?

The "first secret" of Fatima...

"Our Lady showed us a great sea of fire which seemed to be under the earth. Plunged in this fire were demons and souls in human form, like transparent burning embers, all blackened or burnished bronze, floating about in the conflagration, now raised into the air by the flames that issued from within themselves together with great clouds of smoke, now falling back on every side like sparks in a huge fire, without weight or equilibrium, and amid shrieks and groans of pain and despair, which horrified us and made us tremble with fear."

Now you say Hell may be just a absence from God.

Was Mary lying at Fatima?

I wish the creepy catholic leaders would get their ever-changing story straight.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415462 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
The catholic church is a hate group like the KKK is a hate group. Asserting that everybody that does not join our Jesus group goes to hell is BIGOTRY, the desire of the catholic church to want to discriminate against gay couples is BIGOTRY and HATE and if you are part of this group you are part of the problem.
Stop insulting the KKK.

At least the KKK doesn't use diplomatic tricks to shield their leaders from justice for orphans, deaf children, and bank examiners.

(Google "catholic church diplomatic immunity" and see.)
Pat

Granby, CT

#415463 Jan 14, 2013
Hell is nothing more than the terrified mindset of the cowardly theist who is unable to cope with thier own mortality honestly.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415464 Jan 14, 2013
Aviela wrote:
So when Jesus died and there was an earthquake and a voice from heaven said this is my son was Jesus using a special mic with a Boom sound that went up to heaven and the voice came down to earth??
And the other 2 times Jehovah said from heaven this is my son when Jesus was on earth that was Jesus playing mind games so that you can come with the conclusion that Jehovah, Jesus, and the holy spirit are 3 and equal one?
How can you believe this distorted trinity belief? A child will not even fall for it.
Wow
You are one very confused person....or better yet, one misled person by false teachings.....

When the day was done, when Jesus was crucified.....what the Centurion was "looking at" wasn’t judgment!

What was the Centurion "looking at???"

He was looking at God’s mercy....

He was looking at God’s love.....

He was looking at Jesus, His Son!!!!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#415465 Jan 14, 2013

please explain why 72..

how become..why
what stay there

procent of 3 heart
is about what
one down one up.one from other side but down..now
still is nothing
72 up 72 down on some place
other are cross on other side 72
for all of them know only one
72 and 72 144 000
how much left
cross over 72 000 or 73 000
2 heart is alltogether 144 000
72 000 or 1000 extra

now show that on map heavenly
as universal body..
Are you for sure you will be save
are you one of them..did you see ever one of them as highly position..if you are one of them tell me about 1000 last where they are or who they are..
i never see anyone
did you see someone of them
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415466 Jan 14, 2013
Aviela wrote:
Why did he just not say I'm going to send myself and sacrifice myself. Why did Jesus tell satan: Stand behind me it is Jehovah you must worship. Why didn't he just say I am Jehovah worship me?
It takes more BLIND faith in the trinity than it does to believe Jehovah and Jesus are not the same beings. I for one don't think Jesus' intentions was to confuse the masses into thinking he was his father. The Jews in his days new he wasn't God. Jesus did not lie when he said people were going to believe strange teachings after his death.
1 Peter 1:1-2

1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,

To God’s elect, exiles scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia,

2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of [[[God the Father,]]] through the sanctifying [[[work of the Spirit,]]] to be [[[obedient to Jesus Christ]]] and sprinkled with his blood:

Grace and peace be yours in abundance.

God the Father

Work of the Holy Spirit

Obedient to Jesus Christ

The Apostle Peter begins to give us (Christians) a unique view of the trinity, the Father, Spirit and Son.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#415467 Jan 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>any person on here can Google "sod Pottage" and see if THEY come up with my words of it being "goat stew".so how would I know that to be the case, the answer is obvious, I am intelligent.
first, he had many herds, both sheep and goats.
now he would probably not eat Mutton since they depended on that animal for their clothing, so that eliminates that animal , leaving goat.
so how could I determine that it was meat instead of just veggies, again, the answer is obvious(at least to me). he was faint or tired and weak(the heat in that area does drain a person), so to strengthen his body, he needed to put "MEAT" into his system.
all of that together, which probably took me 5 seconds or so(much longer to type it than to think i).
another example of the Kings english is the word "let". this word is only used today in the sport of tennis. and in the Bible it refers to the Holy Ghost holding back the devil.
and as far as me using newer translations.not in a million years. God proved this KJV back in 1982 when i first got Saved. He has never proved those newer books.
I woke up one morning bothered about Cathie, so I went to my moms and called her at the Hospital and she started crying and told me how rough a night her dad had.before I left home, God told me to take my Bible that I would need it. and when I walked into the ICU, I heard the noise that he was making and another patient told me it was this way all night.God told me to put one hand on him and teh otehr on my Bible and so I did and to Pray for him. when I began, teh spirit came out of that Bible into me and thru me, shortly, I ended my prayer with these words:Lord , I commend his soul into your hands".and then cathie and teh otehr nurses came in but they werent needed, God had touched him and saved his soul,too.
I dont need your new books, this One suits God just right.lol
and me!
God Bless You
Pat

Granby, CT

#415468 Jan 14, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>God Bless You
Mother Goose blesses you!
truth

Perth, Australia

#415469 Jan 14, 2013
thousand thousand thousand thousand 1/8 from 24 hours..are you for sure you going listen that..no..are you going be scare..no be honest with you not why should beeeeeeeeee
how many thousand from 3 o'clock toward 6 in morning

please tell me where you can be with 1/8 from whole
or 1/4 from half way
if you know
72 and 72 multiplay 3 hearts 144 000
rest is 72 multiplay 3x hearts 72 000
where left only one 1000
if you know one Jesus Christ day is 1000 human years
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415470 Jan 14, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I am a JW I am in Jehovah's earthly organisation and I'm very proud of that. You all want to come up with these so called horrific stories of what some JW did to you. Now if you want to go there I can give you a list of what horrible Catholics did to me. I mean I can go on and on, and on, and on, and on for a whole semester but I'm not here for that. I post to answer misconceptions you people have about JW BELIEFS not PERSONALITY traits And if you feel uncomfortable talking about the NWT let's discuss the King James Bible I have no problem discussing the scriptures.
You wrote:

I am in Jehovah's earthly organisation

We (Christians) are in the world, but NOT of this world....

2 Timothy 4:18

18 The Lord will [[[rescue]]] me from every evil attack and ~~~will bring me safely to his HEAVENLY kingdom.~~~ To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Hebrews 11:16

16 Instead, they were longing for a BETTER country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a CITY for them.

Better country-A HEAVENLY ONE.....for he has prepared a CITY for them....

NOT here on earth....
Pat

Granby, CT

#415471 Jan 14, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:
I am in Jehovah's earthly organisation
We (Christians) are in the world, but NOT of this world....
2 Timothy 4:18
18 The Lord will [[[rescue]]] me from every evil attack and ~~~will bring me safely to his HEAVENLY kingdom.~~~ To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Hebrews 11:16
16 Instead, they were longing for a BETTER country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a CITY for them.
Better country-A HEAVENLY ONE.....for he has prepared a CITY for them....
NOT here on earth....
It's amusing how the dishonest theist so often picks a dishonest user name like "truth" or "dr reality" etc. They are trying to convince themselves they are not not lying idiots is all.
truth

Perth, Australia

#415472 Jan 14, 2013
pray for your enimy as for yourself
yes i can hear that every day
to be stupid or idiot is not nice
eh what can we do..nothing
did you hear for abuse power no if not tell me how all police ministers judges become rich as well all friends of them secret or not..must be god love them very much all of them holy..
Are you for sure they are holy?

its ok if you think
remember all angels and demons will fall..are you for sure its not like that?
yes it is..now
you need say sin my sin my bigest sin..or you will say my son my son my bigest son...
must be very fumnny your corupt city full of gold

fire as brime all will fall pade velika razvratnica your belove city..
byyyyyyyyyyy
Clay

United States

#415474 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amusing how the dishonest theist so often picks a dishonest user name like "truth" or "dr reality" etc. They are trying to convince themselves they are not not lying idiots is all.
What's amusing is Atheist come up with far more whacked theories than any believer in God can.
My favorite is the one about aliens from a different galaxy coming here millions of yrs ago and planting DNA to kickstart life. lol

Or a comet slamming into Earth and then lightening sparked life- which later evolved into human beings as a result of some fish species having sex with a weird land creature....then another comet destroyed that and then a monkey had sex with a cave man. rotflol.
Pat

Granby, CT

#415475 Jan 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What's amusing is Atheist come up with far more whacked theories than any believer in God can.
My favorite is the one about aliens from a different galaxy coming here millions of yrs ago and planting DNA to kickstart life. lol
Or a comet slamming into Earth and then lightening sparked life- which later evolved into human beings as a result of some fish species having sex with a weird land creature....then another comet destroyed that and then a monkey had sex with a cave man. rotflol.
If they believe in those things blindly, absent of evidence then theya re just as screwed up as any thiest who holds blind unsupported beliefs.

Atheists and theists generally do not argue over the merits of believing in aliens on Pluto, or in leprechauns. We rarely dispute what is or is not valid evidence for something outside the scope of religion (death denial). It is ONLY in matters that conflict with the theists cherished death denial mythology that these disagreements arise. This clearly proves the hypocrisy, dishonesty and ignorance of the theist. Theists prove every day they are capable of logical rational thought. They serve on juries every day using normal reasoning and logic. Theists do not all beleive in bigfoot, psychics, goblins and dragons. They use normal reasoning to reject all these other unsupported beliefs. The ONLY time the theists throw reason out the window is when it comes to facing their mortality, then they use no reason at all in order to adopt their irrational mythology and avoid facing death honestly.A theist is just a dishonest coward who refuses to face death like an adult, nothing more.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415476 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
What man has ever created himself?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholic Church the only body 'effectively acti... 2 hr QUITTNER Oct 1 2014 2
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Lorenzo 8,333
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 8 hr QUITTNER Oct 1 2014 15
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Tue Delilahblue 171
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Sep 29 Sherlayne 21
Catholics react to pope remarks on gays, abortion (Sep '13) Sep 29 Gapin Garrika 12
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Sep 26 KidlatNgayon 88

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE