Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 541,903
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Nov 08

usa

#415447 Jan 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't say statues of Mary make Him Jealous. That wouldn't make sense.
Statues created as deitys and put in place of God would make Him Jealous.
You may have convinced yourself that Catholics create these statues to worship as a deity, but that don't make it truth. You can't ignore 1 billion testimonies and STILL falsely accuse us. That's violating the 9th commandment on your part.
i have witnessed people bowing to these idols and praying to them,strictly forbidden,but the church changed the commandments without authority in order to make money."“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth,You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God,.....funny how you don't see this in the catholic version of the commandments,simply because of "MONEY",You shall not make for yourself a carved image or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath. "you going to say this does not apply to the iodols made by catholic owned factories?"

Since: Nov 08

usa

#415448 Jan 14, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
Where in scripture is Marion doctrine even mentioned? please back up your assertions with scripture.
Where in scripture is the word "bible" or "bible only" mentioned! Please back up your Protestant (personal opinionated" "pot of (made up) propaganda" with scripture!!........JETHRO:he asked to a straight forward question,why don't you answer him?instead you pull the old b.s. routine and try to deflect it away by asking a question in return,knowing full well you can not answer his.....here is another question,who gave constantine the authority to burn "possibly holy books?" what is the pagan/christian church hidding? can you give me a straight answer? "doubtful".

Since: Nov 08

usa

#415449 Jan 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Who then, is the true Church?
Whatever group it is, has the protection of Jesus Christ on faith and moral teachings. He promised to be with them until the end of time. He promised a visible Church, not a hidden secret one, and the gates of Hell will not bring it down- and neither will a handful of screwed up Priests.
I found that Church and I ain't about to call Christ a liar. This is called real faith in Jesus, Jethro.
All other Christian groups were started by some guy or girl with a personal take on the New Testament books.
Not the Catholic Church. It was started by Jesus Christ. No? Then where did that Church go that Christ was talking about?
jesus is the head of the church where he is present so is his church,since he is a spirit so is his church it is sitting in his fathers kingdom,and he sits in the chair of the true church for no man is perfect enough to take up such a position,if you read mathew like POPE HOJO does"16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven" he is giving him the keys to the church which lies in heaven. can you think of another interpratation to that statement? to me it makes sense jesus is handing him the keys to his church in heaven (if the one god theory is true).
Clay

United States

#415450 Jan 14, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> jesus is the head of the church where he is present so is his church,since he is a spirit so is his church it is sitting in his fathers kingdom,and he sits in the chair of the true church for no man is perfect enough to take up such a position,if you read mathew like POPE HOJO does"16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven" he is giving him the keys to the church which lies in heaven. can you think of another interpratation to that statement? to me it makes sense jesus is handing him the keys to his church in heaven (if the one god theory is true).
You're saying Jesus is handing Peter the keys, so Jesus can build His Church..... in Heaven?
That lacks logic.
Clay

United States

#415451 Jan 14, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i have witnessed people bowing to these idols and praying to them,strictly forbidden,but the church changed the commandments without authority in order to make money."“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth,You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God,.....funny how you don't see this in the catholic version of the commandments,simply because of "MONEY",You shall not make for yourself a carved image or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath. "you going to say this does not apply to the iodols made by catholic owned factories?"
Man, you're one 911 conspiracy Christianity guy, Jethro.

Ok, I get how people could THINK we're worshipping statutes at first glance.
If I just stumbled into America and walked pass the Lincoln Memorial, perhaps i would think those guys were worshiping that large figure. Many folks bow their heads in front of it in prayer.

I just think you're so filled with self hate and bigotry towards the Church, that you cling onto whatever negative things about them that is out there.

If I say the Catholic Church fed 4,000 homeless yesterday in the Twin Cities and opened up their doors for them to sleep in the basement.(which they did) you'd say "I'm sure it was a stupid sandwich and a fruit cup and they probably made em sleep on the floor"

project home

cathedralsaintPaul.org
truth

Perth, Australia

#415452 Jan 14, 2013
How many planets?..please explain meaning!
We as human don't be interesting on other way only how many inhabitant or have security for our life..did all trillions stars have life as us noooooooooooo
We are less then half from what others know..we are not even interesting know more or hide what others or small number know.
Over 216 is that to much know which life or possibility life..or in which condition..small medium large..how much small how much medium how much large?
3x 24+1=25
its precious when you drove with 3x heart
map its so beautiful
by my lovely dreamers
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415453 Jan 14, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i have witnessed people bowing to these idols and praying to them,strictly forbidden,but the church changed the commandments without authority in order to make money."“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth,You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God,.....funny how you don't see this in the catholic version of the commandments,simply because of "MONEY",You shall not make for yourself a carved image or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath. "you going to say this does not apply to the iodols made by catholic owned factories?"
According to the most important miracle in RCC history...

As a Catholic, here's how can you be saved.

"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart."

Goddess Mary, 1917

Would the Catholic church lie?
Clay

United States

#415454 Jan 14, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> My bad. I thought you were Catholic. You all sound the same. You all believe in the trinity, torture in hell fire and celebrate holidays traditions of men and you think you're all going to heaven. Same thing right?
your image of those things is where the problem lays.
You vision God as a tall old guy with a white beard. But the creator is the light, Sun, love, life and a whole lot of other things not described in human language. Jesus is the human manifestation of God.
"I and the father are one".

You envision Hell as physical torture in fire, with Demons stabbing you with pitch forks, because that's the only way we know how to describe it. Its most likely just eternal separation from God by our own free will. There is no love there, because God is not there.

Finally, I don't think any Christian believes if they celebrate Christmas they're going to Heaven!
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415455 Jan 14, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>..the united nations should vote on stripping the church of this immunity,for it's not right,only the catholic church has it? no other church does? wonder how much it cost them to bribe people for the immunity.
The RCC didn't have to bribe a lot of people.

All the RCC had to do was keep praising Mussolini and keep doing his bidding.

When you sleep with murderous dictators, good thing happen.

Wait!!! Maybe in retrospect the gifts from Mussolini -- statehood, immunity from crime, a bank, etc.-- were NOT true gifts after all?

Maybe they were sent by God to show the world what a creepy church this impostor is?

As a percentage of world population, the RCC has fewer than half the practicing membership that it had before WW2.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415456 Jan 14, 2013
RUN CATHOLICS, RUN!!

FACT: Matthew, Mark and Luke ALL agree.

There is no such thing as HOLY Diplomatic Immunity from justice for children.

Catholics here cannot look this reality in the eye.

A few Priests cannot invoke diplomatic immunity. It is the church that makes a claim of immunity on behalf of "a few priests."

There is no way in Hell that Jesus would guide such a travesty of justice.

BUSTED and deservedly so.
Clay

United States

#415457 Jan 14, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> If all the pastor does is talk bad about Catholics then he doesn't know the Bible and doesn't know what to teach.The Bible is a book of Jewels..never ending knowledge. A beautiful treasure hunt:oD
No Aviela. The Bible is NOT a treasure hunt. I know many believe it is a secret hidden treasure map, that they need to decipher by isolating verse after verse and criss crossing book after book to unlock the hidden meaning of Christ and His ministry.
Its 72 books written by men with human thought entwined with divine insights from God to help the reader understand God. Some are prophetic; some are historical accounts; others are poems; and some are simple letters and memoirs of these men.
The New Testament is a Catholic book.... gathered, compiled, edited and labeled by the Roman Catholic Church in the 4th century. Some writings were left out, some were not. Our monks hand copied the books that were put in- for a thousand yrs, before Catholics invented a printing press.
Pat

Granby, CT

#415458 Jan 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, you're one 911 conspiracy Christianity guy, Jethro.
Ok, I get how people could THINK we're worshipping statutes at first glance.
If I just stumbled into America and walked pass the Lincoln Memorial, perhaps i would think those guys were worshiping that large figure. Many folks bow their heads in front of it in prayer.
I just think you're so filled with self hate and bigotry towards the Church, that you cling onto whatever negative things about them that is out there.
If I say the Catholic Church fed 4,000 homeless yesterday in the Twin Cities and opened up their doors for them to sleep in the basement.(which they did) you'd say "I'm sure it was a stupid sandwich and a fruit cup and they probably made em sleep on the floor"
project home
cathedralsaintPaul.org
The catholic church is a hate group like the KKK is a hate group. Asserting that everybody that does not join our Jesus group goes to hell is BIGOTRY, the desire of the catholic church to want to discriminate against gay couples is BIGOTRY and HATE and if you are part of this group you are part of the problem.
Clay

United States

#415459 Jan 14, 2013
.....and Aviela, its still "The word of God". We wholeheartedly believe that. God inspired the writers with divine insights.
But it is NOT a literal written recording of an audible voice from God that the authors copied.
Pat

Granby, CT

#415460 Jan 14, 2013
Atheists and theists do not argue over the merits of believing in aliens on Pluto, or leprechauns. We rarely dispute what is or is not valid evidence for something outside the scope of religion (death denial). It is ONLY in matters that conflict with the theists cherished death denial mythology that these disagreements arise. This clearly proves the hypocrisy, dishonesty and ignorance of that which is called religious faith. Faith is no virtue, it's the lack of it. All god hustlers are nothing but two bit liars selling false hope to cowards who refuse to face their own mortality honestly.

It is an established maxim and moral that he who makes an assertion without knowing whether it is true or false is guilty of falsehood, and the accidental truth of the assertion does not justify or excuse him.
-- Abraham Lincoln
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415461 Jan 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
your image of those things is where the problem lays.
You vision God as a tall old guy with a white beard. But the creator is the light, Sun, love, life and a whole lot of other things not described in human language. Jesus is the human manifestation of God.
"I and the father are one".
You envision Hell as physical torture in fire, with Demons stabbing you with pitch forks, because that's the only way we know how to describe it. Its most likely just eternal separation from God by our own free will. There is no love there, because God is not there.
Finally, I don't think any Christian believes if they celebrate Christmas they're going to Heaven!
I wonder how mankind got such a distorted vision of Hell?

The "first secret" of Fatima...

"Our Lady showed us a great sea of fire which seemed to be under the earth. Plunged in this fire were demons and souls in human form, like transparent burning embers, all blackened or burnished bronze, floating about in the conflagration, now raised into the air by the flames that issued from within themselves together with great clouds of smoke, now falling back on every side like sparks in a huge fire, without weight or equilibrium, and amid shrieks and groans of pain and despair, which horrified us and made us tremble with fear."

Now you say Hell may be just a absence from God.

Was Mary lying at Fatima?

I wish the creepy catholic leaders would get their ever-changing story straight.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415462 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
The catholic church is a hate group like the KKK is a hate group. Asserting that everybody that does not join our Jesus group goes to hell is BIGOTRY, the desire of the catholic church to want to discriminate against gay couples is BIGOTRY and HATE and if you are part of this group you are part of the problem.
Stop insulting the KKK.

At least the KKK doesn't use diplomatic tricks to shield their leaders from justice for orphans, deaf children, and bank examiners.

(Google "catholic church diplomatic immunity" and see.)
Pat

Granby, CT

#415463 Jan 14, 2013
Hell is nothing more than the terrified mindset of the cowardly theist who is unable to cope with thier own mortality honestly.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415464 Jan 14, 2013
Aviela wrote:
So when Jesus died and there was an earthquake and a voice from heaven said this is my son was Jesus using a special mic with a Boom sound that went up to heaven and the voice came down to earth??
And the other 2 times Jehovah said from heaven this is my son when Jesus was on earth that was Jesus playing mind games so that you can come with the conclusion that Jehovah, Jesus, and the holy spirit are 3 and equal one?
How can you believe this distorted trinity belief? A child will not even fall for it.
Wow
You are one very confused person....or better yet, one misled person by false teachings.....

When the day was done, when Jesus was crucified.....what the Centurion was "looking at" wasn’t judgment!

What was the Centurion "looking at???"

He was looking at God’s mercy....

He was looking at God’s love.....

He was looking at Jesus, His Son!!!!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#415465 Jan 14, 2013


please explain why 72..
24
24
24
72

how become..why
what stay there

procent of 3 heart
is about what
one down one up.one from other side but down..now
still is nothing
216
72 up 72 down on some place
other are cross on other side 72
for all of them know only one
72 and 72 144 000
how much left
cross over 72 000 or 73 000
2 heart is alltogether 144 000
72 000 or 1000 extra

now show that on map heavenly
as universal body..
Are you for sure you will be save
are you one of them..did you see ever one of them as highly position..if you are one of them tell me about 1000 last where they are or who they are..
i never see anyone
did you see someone of them
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415466 Jan 14, 2013
Aviela wrote:
Why did he just not say I'm going to send myself and sacrifice myself. Why did Jesus tell satan: Stand behind me it is Jehovah you must worship. Why didn't he just say I am Jehovah worship me?
It takes more BLIND faith in the trinity than it does to believe Jehovah and Jesus are not the same beings. I for one don't think Jesus' intentions was to confuse the masses into thinking he was his father. The Jews in his days new he wasn't God. Jesus did not lie when he said people were going to believe strange teachings after his death.
1 Peter 1:1-2

1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,

To God’s elect, exiles scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia,

2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of [[[God the Father,]]] through the sanctifying [[[work of the Spirit,]]] to be [[[obedient to Jesus Christ]]] and sprinkled with his blood:

Grace and peace be yours in abundance.

God the Father

Work of the Holy Spirit

Obedient to Jesus Christ

The Apostle Peter begins to give us (Christians) a unique view of the trinity, the Father, Spirit and Son.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Fri pazuzu 68
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 12 Married in 8,293
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••