Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
400,261 - 400,280 of 537,069 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

how many god or lord you have?
-don't have god before me

did you do that/
yes you are..
now if you fall
yes you will
don't cry to me..

judge
diabetic
unwanted spirit guilt rejection anxiety stress unloving spirit
all roots is evil spirit
expression of filling

kidney desire

roots
roots of palm
palm is bless
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Why did he just not say I'm going to send myself and sacrifice myself. Why did Jesus tell satan: Stand behind me it is Jehovah you must worship. Why didn't he just say I am Jehovah worship me?

It takes more BLIND faith in the trinity than it does to believe Jehovah and Jesus are not the same beings. I for one don't think Jesus' intentions was to confuse the masses into thinking he was his father. The Jews in his days new he wasn't God. Jesus did not lie when he said people were going to believe strange teachings after his death.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Correction: knew...
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I read this about 35 years ag. herbert armstrong had a book out called "america in prophecy".
but I disagree with this premise and ALL jews would disagree too. I spoke about my friend Atta, she is jewsih and comes from Russia. my friend Ed's family is also from Russia and he had had a DNA that shows that he is from the tribe of Levi. if that link was true(and most of it is), Ed would not have that DNA from one of those Lost tribes.
I agree that there are many jews in America(almost as many if not more than is in Israel), but they know they are Jewish.
in Israel, is a very noted person by the name of Fruend. now that name is a spelling of the english name of Friend, which is my family tree, and I am not Jewish, nor were my family members.
lastly, when it is time, the Bible says that God will go to the four corners and bring His Children home, the church is not in the gathering since we have already been gathered, therefore it can not be people living in England and America
Yes that is the guy's name, Funny some how I knew you would know LOL.
I don't read a lot of religious books that people write.
Thank you for answering me.
My Mother's last name is Stein, Some people try to spell it Stien but its not correct. she is German with Jewish and English roots.
What church does Armstrong belong to, I don't watch T.V. evangalists either.
LTM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
So when Jesus died and there was an earthquake and a voice from heaven said this is my son was Jesus using a special mic with a Boom sound that went up to heaven and the voice came down to earth??
And the other 2 times Jehovah said from heaven this is my son when Jesus was on earth that was Jesus playing mind games so that you can come with the conclusion that Jehovah, Jesus, and the holy spirit are 3 and equal one?
How can you believe this distorted trinity belief? A child will not even fall for it.
Wow
You mean when Jesus was baptised Aviela a voice from Heaven said this is my beloved son in who I am well pleased.
God the Father's voice, God the Son in the flesh Jesus, God the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove.
All in one place at once, The Holy Trinity which you deny wow Aviela. wake up.
LTM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>shoot, I as hoping that someone knew. I never heard of it either, and all GIF did was make me hungry again.
normally cracklins are hard, so i was wondering how bread could be made out of them
You and FOL made me hungry I had go and eat, I had a nice Pork Tenderloin, baby carrots, onions, around the pork tenderloin and mushed potatoes. Juices from the meat, covering it all.
LTM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
Why did he just not say I'm going to send myself and sacrifice myself. Why did Jesus tell satan: Stand behind me it is Jehovah you must worship. Why didn't he just say I am Jehovah worship me?
It takes more BLIND faith in the trinity than it does to believe Jehovah and Jesus are not the same beings. I for one don't think Jesus' intentions was to confuse the masses into thinking he was his father. The Jews in his days new he wasn't God. Jesus did not lie when he said people were going to believe strange teachings after his death.
Aviela I think you are confused, big time.
You a have been told the gospel of Jesus Christ, and enough scritpure to prove Jesus was God in the flesh.
You are without excuse, I will not try and convince you any longer.
You are even mixing Bible scriptures up, which is ok if you are a first year Bible student but your not.
You have made up your mind your right only the Holy Ghost can convince you other wise. and open you understand to the Holy Gospel of Jesus.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

god know us our goodness as well weakness..but..i asked you
about horn altar..
turkey altar go to germane as satanic altar..read better..now where is now ..i am not member of anyone..
then
did i take your chair..noooooooo
then
did you send mouse again..why?
I CAN SEE..CRY AND PRAY TOO..
BYYYYYYYYYYYY
4GVN

Scott City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand what worship is?
ah that's it. Maybe I have been worshiping that marble image and didn't know it!! not!
God clearly meant creating statues and worshiping them. He clearly meant putting images in place of Him as a deity. That is what would make Him jealous.
God did not mean we couldn't use our artistic ability to create an image to further Glorify HIM.
Like I said, this was all already explained to you.
Your opinion is set.
Now YOU need to start explaining your logic.
Why does an image of Christ in Marys arms make God Jealous?
Why do you accuse Catholics of worshiping it, even though we testify how crazy that is?
Then explain to me exactly where is the line between veneration and worship? Do ANY catholics in all of the world EVER cross over that line? Is Mary ever 'worshipped' like God?
The literal Greek translation of the 2nd commandment does not say 'putting images in [lace of Him as deity'. The literal translation is 'Thou shalt have no other gods in My presence.'
Why do you think man's artistic ability in making images or icons somehow 'further glorifies Him.
If someone made a statue of Clay that looked nothing like Clay would you be pleased? Do you KNOW what Jesus looked like? And why do you feel that you need an image to 'hesp' you remember to worship God? Does He posses lso little of your heart and mind that you are always forgetting about Him?
And again you are ignoring the instructions regarding graven images. The scripture clearly says not to make unto thyself 'any graven images'. But why would you care what scripture says? You only care what the RCC says.
But someday you will give an account to God( not the magisterium) explaining why you chose to disregard His very detailed instructions.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>in following the advice of my lawyer, I refuse to say anything according to my rights under the 5th admendment
When your argument is weak or you have to lie, that is the best course.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
So when Jesus died and there was an earthquake and a voice from heaven said this is my son was Jesus using a special mic with a Boom sound that went up to heaven and the voice came down to earth??
And the other 2 times Jehovah said from heaven this is my son when Jesus was on earth that was Jesus playing mind games so that you can come with the conclusion that Jehovah, Jesus, and the holy spirit are 3 and equal one?
How can you believe this distorted trinity belief? A child will not even fall for it.
Wow
Some beliefs are ridiculous. ONE RELIGION for how many possible planets? A few trillion at least? LOL

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that is the guy's name, Funny some how I knew you would know LOL.
I don't read a lot of religious books that people write.
Thank you for answering me.
My Mother's last name is Stein, Some people try to spell it Stien but its not correct. she is German with Jewish and English roots.
What church does Armstrong belong to, I don't watch T.V. evangalists either.
he died a few years ago. I think the name of his ministry was worldwide church of god.

here are some views of that statement about the lost tribes which they now reject as being untrue

10. British Israelism/Anglo-Israelism.(und er Armstrong)-- Views the "lost ten tribes" of Israel as the key to prophecy. Claims that "Judah" and "Israel" always refer to the two separate nations, and that inhabitants of Great Britain are of the tribe of Ephraim, while the inhabitants of America are of the tribe of Manasseh.(Armstrong never did explain how a Britisher, by immigrating to the U.S., moves from the tribe of Ephraim to the tribe of Manasseh.) Claims that white Anglo-Saxons are the chosen people of God.

British Israelism/Anglo-Israelism.(und er Tkach)-- Late-1995, the church officially rejected the doctrine that the Anglo-Saxons descended from the tribes of Israel

The doctrinal foundation of the Worldwide Church of God was adopted from the Seventh-Day Adventists through the Church of God-7th Day. Armstrong added the Identity of Modern Israel theory which he obtained from J. H. Allen and the Jewish Feast Days

this is like the jw's"Also, the Holy Spirit is not a person, but an active force emanating from God. " marge would go bonkes on this statement.Armstrong taught that a believer could lose salvation by disobeying what Armstrong declared to be "God's command through His chosen Apostle." He wrote, "Do you want to let resentment against God's government over you NOW disqualify you -- snatch you from God's GRACE and PURPOSE for you, and cast you into a lake of fire?" (Dear Brethren Letter, May 2, 1974, p. 7).
http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Cults/arm...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
Wow
your statement is false and even achild would know that. at the time of the earthquake, a roman soldier uttered these words. TRULY, THIS WAS THE SON OF GOD

and i think it was tony curtis who said them.

you will redicule the bible now but some day, you will meet russell in hell and hate him for all eternity for the mess that his lies bought to you.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

15Jan13.....

.....Well, Christmas and New Year's has come and gone.

Ps:.....It was comforting to see that Pope Benedict XVI, while flying around the world, looked out of his window and gave his blessings.

Now, everyone everywhere, regardless of creed, will be drinking Holy Water the rest of their lives.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Jethro,I will never forget my son,mother,grandparents or any other loved one that has passed away.
then they are truly blessed people. i said what i did because noticed it happening when i go to my mothers grave,i saw the same people there for awhile,one i'll never forget a young woman (25-30) lost her baby,every time i went to see my mom she was there reading a chldrens book to her child,then one time went and she was not there and i haven't seen her since,and it's been over a year now.an elderly lady who's husband is next to my mother,came all the time to see her husband,then stopped,in this case though i think it is because she can't get there anymore,she was in her late 80's early 90's,so the g/f and i look after his grave for her,she was a nice woman,her granddaughter use to allways be with her.anyway i notice it a lot people most likely stop coming because of the pain,to know that they'll never see that person again,and the fact they are buried in the cold ground,it may get to bother people and could one reason they stop going.or they themselves passed away.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Jethro,I will never forget my son,mother,grandparents or any other loved one that has passed away.
i'll never forget my parents also,but there never seems time to go to the grave and see them,my dad is way down on the cape at a miltary base,my though is closer she is buried in the town we were born in,which i objected to,i wanted her brought to the cape and buried next to my father,but i lost the vote.everyone wanted her close by to go see her,funny thig is no one really does except me and my g/f.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
That's one interpretation.
Hojo chooses another interpretation. Hojo chooses to embrace a "church" that uses DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY as a barrier against truth and justice for thousands of orphans and deaf children.
Hojo rejects what Jesus said about those who harm children.
Hojo embraces a different view of "perfect morality."
PS --- a "church" that also uses DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY as a barrier against EU and USA bank examiners as well. This is a unique RCC interpretation of Jesus' last act as a free man on earth.
..the united nations should vote on stripping the church of this immunity,for it's not right,only the catholic church has it? no other church does? wonder how much it cost them to bribe people for the immunity.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
hey karen, have you ever sopped bean soup with corn bread and got it on your chin before?lol
you are out of line,why? what are you accomplishing here by throwing out these insults? you the forum bully?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
OK! Then quit your "babbling" about the word Catholic not being in the bible! You, jethro8 continue to "make things up" as you go along to fit your anti-catholic hostility and vindictiveness against the Historical and Biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His PROVEN One True Apostolic Universal (Catholic) Church!
other way around buddy,i don't have to make things up,all i have to do is read church history,that you and other catholics ignore,i've asked you and many others have asked for undeniable truth about the stupid,vitican statement,yet you supply no answers,you just talk chibberish,you reapeat yourself over and over again how anti-catholic we are,and you offer no proof to back your claim and the vaticans,because you CAN NOT

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Again- why don't you show me (in the bible) where every word, every phrase, every sentence (MUST BE IN THE BIBLE) in order for it to be TRUE!
Your response above is BOGUS and BUSTED!!
like i told you,constantine most likely told his group of men not to put every word in the bible, which they didn't, they burned books,why? what was in those books that he did not want the world to see,the fact that he is creating a false religion?,which he did,gods word was meant to be preached not written down,but the apostles chose to write them down,and CAN YOU prove that every thing they wrote is not in the bible?? i can.there are many books the men have stated that they are not inspired books,how do we know this? did jesus/god say so? why is the gospel of mary not there? the church holds her as an equal to god,so why leave the book out? why take out the book of ruth,thomas,sumarian and many others? we don't have the whole truth in the bible only part of it because of this.especially the part about books being burned by a pagan emporer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••