Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646503 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#415673 Jan 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
we're not worshipping the grain Preston. We are worshiping Jesus Christ.
no, it is not worship of Christ, you yourself said that you worship that ritual, and that is worship of the Creation.

that is a feel good experience without the Experience(of being Born Again).

If you or anyone gets saved and feels, really feels the Holy Ghost, you and them will finally know the difference,

and then this ritual will be realized by you what it really means.

it is done in remembrance and thanksgiving for His sacrifice. it is the real Blood that we ALL need to experience, not a grape
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415674 Jan 14, 2013
Deuteronomy 17:6

6 On the testimony of two or three witnesses a person is to be put to death, but no one is to be put to death on the testimony of only one witness.

Deuteronomy 19:15

15 One witness is not enough to convict anyone accused of any crime or offense they may have committed. A matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.

Zechariah 4:11-14

11 Then I asked the angel,“What are these two olive trees on the right and the left of the lampstand?”

12 Again I asked him,“What are these two olive branches beside the two gold pipes that pour out golden oil?”

13 He replied,“Do you not know what these are?”

“No, my lord,” I said.

14 So he said,“These are the two who are anointed to serve the Lord of all the earth.”

Jeremiah 5:14

14 Therefore this is what the Lord God Almighty says:

“Because the people have spoken these words,
I will make my words in your mouth a fire
and these people the wood it consumes.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#415675 Jan 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Rob, you are not understanding the Holy Scriptures, you are wrong!!!!
I don't care how many years you have been a priest because many don't understand the bible as well as my son did at the age of 7.
I never condemned anyone I have posted evidence right from catholic information it self and you don't beleive me.
What is wrong with you people, who is decieving who.
I didn't write that stuff your catholic fathers did.
Your church is the whore of Babylon, its leaders is (BAAL) satan the father of liars himself, the door way to hell is in the vatican, at the throne of the anti christ the very seat the Pope sits with the upside down cross.
Wait....Rob F is a Priest??

Location hidden

#415676 Jan 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't venerate statues and artwork.
It IS pleasing to the eye-they're beautiful.
The works and the work to create them are done for the glory of God.
I agree Dan, many are beautiful.

doesnt mean that I am going to bow down in front of one, tho.

How about you?

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#415677 Jan 14, 2013
Pope Is a Huge Hit on Twitter

"The Holy Father’s successful first month of tweeting, amassing 2.5 million followers in eight languages, is hailed as an evangelization breakthrough.

by CNA/EWTN NEWS 01/11/2013 Comment

Pope Benedict XVI's background on Twitter.

VATICAN CITY — Pope Benedict XVI’s mass of 2.5 million followers in eight languages during his first month on Twitter has one Vatican priest calling the pontiff’s online presence “a new frontier” of evangelization.

Father Paolo Padrini, a collaborator of the Pontifical Council for Social Communications, said it is good that the Pope has so many followers, but it even more important that the Pope “seeks to co-exist and share on Twitter.”

“Being present in social media is evangelizing, if just for the fact that he is present with his words,” he told CNA Jan. 11."

Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/pope-is-...
ReginaM

Lakehurst, NJ

#415678 Jan 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>thanks, you proved that what others on here are writing are WRONG. it is to be eaten, not WORSHIPPED.
IT IS THE CREATOR WHO IS TO BE WORSHIPPED NOT THE CREATION(THE GRAIN AND THE FRUIT)
That's right, we worship Jesus.

Your beliefs regarding the Eucharist and the Blessed Sacrament are new-fangled. Christians never believed as you people do. You've been lied to by those who must rationalize their rejection of Christ and His church by demonizing it. I'm not saying this to be mean or offensive, but I'm obligated to tell you the truth.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#415679 Jan 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree Dan, many are beautiful.
doesnt mean that I am going to bow down in front of one, tho.
How about you?
You certainly could bow down as long as your intention is to pray and worship God.
God being God, would know if you are worshiping the stone or marble.

“Happy 2016!!”

#415680 Jan 14, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
It says the first followers of the Way(Jesus) were first called Christians at Antioch.
Nothing about 'catholics', and so sad you take credit for the Bible which you don't follow.
Don't listen to LTM, she must have you convinced that the church was called 'The Way' it was not. All new Christians were of the same mind and followed Jesus’ way. Catholics are of the same 'mind.' It was first called Catholic in the first century by St Ignatius...b/c we are Universal [Catholic, all over the world.]

No marge, it you guys that don't follow the Bible... we go by what Jesus taught the Apostles, to this day.

Be thankful we Catholics gave you the Bible!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415681 Jan 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>no, it is not worship of Christ, you yourself said that you worship that ritual, and that is worship of the Creation.
that is a feel good experience without the Experience(of being Born Again).
If you or anyone gets saved and feels, really feels the Holy Ghost, you and them will finally know the difference,
and then this ritual will be realized by you what it really means.
it is done in remembrance and thanksgiving for His sacrifice. it is the real Blood that we ALL need to experience, not a grape
We receive Christ at Holy Communion-not a wafer.

See John 6.
ReginaM

Lakehurst, NJ

#415682 Jan 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care how many years you have been a priest because many don't understand the bible as well as my son did at the age of 7.
I never condemned anyone I have posted evidence right from catholic information it self and you don't beleive me.
Your church is the whore of Babylon, its leaders is (BAAL) satan the father of liars himself, the door way to hell is in the vatican, at the throne of the anti christ the very seat the Pope sits with the upside down cross.
Is that the son you were just having so much trouble with?!(See what happens when you lie about Christ's church??!!)

I don't care if this remark is lacking in substance or not....you are one whacked out broad! Come to think of it, this is the most substantial thing anyone has said here in a very long time!

“Happy 2016!!”

#415683 Jan 14, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
I know the scripture well.
-
And, yes. They make up stuff as they go along. Once proven illogical they must continue to create new stuff to explain the old stuff.
-
Cum "ex cathedra" ...
-
Always trying to reconcile their *belief system* with 'truth'.
-
They fall short, don't you think?
You DO NOT KNOW your Scripture at all.

What you do is add your own spin on it.. your own interpretation.

Actually its you that falls more then short!! lol
ReginaM

Lakehurst, NJ

#415684 Jan 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait....Rob F is a Priest??
Don't confuse her with the facts, lol.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#415685 Jan 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.

Someone's hitting the 5 Hour Energy shots right now.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415686 Jan 14, 2013
Elijah

2 Kings 2:11

11 As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.

1 Kings 17:1

17 Now Elijah the Tishbite, from Tishbe in Gilead, said to Ahab,“As the Lord, the God of Israel, lives, whom I serve, there will be neither dew nor rain in the next few years except at my word.”

Luke 4:25

25 I assure you that there were many widows in Israel in Elijah’s time, when the sky was shut for three and a half years and there was a severe famine throughout the land.

James 5:17-18

17 Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years.

18 Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops.

Malachi 3:1-3

3 “I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you desire, will come,” says the Lord Almighty.

2 But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears? For he will be like a refiner’s fire or a launderer’s soap.

3 He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; he will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver. Then the Lord will have men who will bring offerings in righteousness,

Malachi 4:5-6

5 “See, I will send the prophet Elijah to you before that great and dreadful day of the Lord comes.

6 He will turn the hearts of the parents to their children, and the hearts of the children to their parents; or else I will come and strike the land with total destruction.”

“Happy 2016!!”

#415687 Jan 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Scriptures belong to God. The Bible is for all people to all people from God .It is neither catholic or protestant.
No one said it didn’t belong to God.
There is Catholic [original ] and Protestant [16th century] Bible.
It was the Catholics, the first Christians that translated it.
You can deny it all you want, that will not change the true fact!
MICHAEL

Canada

#415688 Jan 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
All really scintillating, but I'm really curious as to why believeing in the Trinity now is cause for alarm from LTM.
Michael says.......

.. Scriptures from the New Testament records Jesus saying: ""Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good–except God alone." (Mark 10:18)"

...If Jesus doesn't consider himself as "good", then how can any person with common sense, put him on the same level as GOD Almighty?

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#415689 Jan 14, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
lol Somebody called you "the spawn of the devil"?
Is that as bad as being "unenlightened"? lol
:o)

Still trying to figure that out, because, I for one of many, know that my Mom and Dad are very loving people.

Now then....you ask...."as bad as being unenlightened?"
A: I wouldn't know, I've always been enlightened!*winks*

“Happy 2016!!”

#415691 Jan 14, 2013
guest wrote:
-
-
-
-
IF THE POPE SAID, "CALL NO MAN YOUR FATHER" Catholics would listen to him.
-
-
And yet they ignore Jesus when HE said, "Call No Man Your Father."
-
-
You’ve read this before….
Q.
“Why do Catholics call their priests "Father" despite the fact that Christ said: "Call no man on earth your father; for one is your Father, who is in heaven"!(Matt. 23:9).“

A.
“Catholics call their priests "Father" because in all matters pertaining to Christ's holy faith they perform the duties of a father, representing God. The priest is the agent of the Christian's supernatural birth and sustenance in the world. "Father" is a title which does not conflict in the slightest with Matthew 23:9. Christ forbids the Christian to acknowledge any fatherhood which conflicts with the Fatherhood of God. But Christ does not forbid Christians to call His own representatives by the name of "Father." Catholic priests share in the priesthood of Jesus Christ (not a human priesthood), and their sacred ministry partakes of the Fatherhood of God.

Like St. Paul (himself a Catholic priest), every Catholic priest can refer to the souls he

has spiritually begotten as his children in Christ.(1 Cor. 4:14). St. Paul considered

himself to be the spiritual father, in Christ, of the Corinthians: "For if you have ten

thousand instructors in Christ, yet not many fathers. For in Christ Jesus, by the gospel, I

have begotten you." (I Cor. 4:15). The title of "Father" is entirely proper for an ordained

priest of Jesus Christ.”

Jesus also said call no one teacher. We do that don’t we?

Another quote by guest ……..

“Who has more authority?
-
The Pope?
-
or Jesus Christ, The Infallible Son of God?”[end quote]

Jesus gave our first Pope Peter His authority on earth. Read the Bible…do not skip pages.. You’ll find the answers there.
Luke 10:16...
“He who listens to you listens to me, and he who reject you rejects me”

And…

Matt. 28, 19: Go ye therefore, and teach ALL NATIONS, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
ReginaM

Lakehurst, NJ

#415692 Jan 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
What? You think we're denying that we worship and adore Jesus Christ? We do worship and adore Him, it's not a secret and there's nothing new about it. Christians have believed in the Real Presence for the last 2,000 years. What non-Christians believe is anybody's guess.

Location hidden

#415690 Jan 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
We receive Christ at Holy Communion-not a wafer.
See John 6.
no, you dont, you receive christ when you get saved.

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Roman 8:9

and that chapter doesnt say that you will receive Christ in that grain, it says that you will receive life if you BELEIVE on Him.

it is always, BELIEF.

not a piece of grain, if it was only grain, then His death was useless, God could have just stopped right there.

and you can beleive all day long that that piece of grain is jesus, but it isnt nor will it ever be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 24 Crazy 10,159
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 54
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May '16 Bullet Proof Pope 1
More from around the web