Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,855
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#415365 Jan 13, 2013
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
2Timothy 3:16
You keep "desperately" reading something into this verse that ANYONE can see, "is not there"! There is "nothing" in this verse that says every word MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true. You Protestants just continue to "make things up" as you go along, which is "nothing new". Nice try but this is just another one of your Protestant bible only "myths" that has absolutely "no basis of biblical truth"!!!

Poplar Bluff, MO

#415366 Jan 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Matthew 24 is for the Jewish people, the Born Again beleiver is already gone. and this Scripture proves it and it aint vague.
For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
now I aint as smart as you and the jw, so I got to try and figure this out.
first Jesus saves us and gives us salvation.
now people like you tell me that after we get saved, God kills us in the tribulation.
sumthin just dont add up 2 me.lol
wot about that scripture that tells us that we shall all be changed in a moment, in the twinkling of the eye(1/33,000 of a second), and what about around 25 years ago, scientists found in the human body a molecule that is able to be chamged in that same exact time, and they published it in their scientific journal,
I will believe what God says, rather than two idiots like you two, just saying.for it is written
"Matthew 24:4 "And Jesus answered and said unto them, "Take heed that no man deceive you."NOTICE THAT JESUS IS TALKING TO JEWS, NOT THE CHURCH.
AND THIS FURTHER CONFIRMS IT.Matthew 24:9 "Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations(SEE THAT) for my name's sake
it is appointed unto man once to die.
Absoulutely we will be changed in the twinking of an eye at the last trump on resurrection day those aleep/dead in Christ then those that remain and or alive at that time.

Aren't we wonderfully made :P

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#415367 Jan 13, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I decided to become a JW after going to many religions looking for answers for simple questions. Non could answer me. None. I fell in love with the non racist brotherhood the love they shown me..its beyond comprehension. Nothing in this world comes close to our faith. I have close 7millions brothers and sisters plus worldwide. The fact that they can discuss the Bible with me and not have a funky nasty attitude like some here proved that they are God's people. No one has ever cursed me out or called me the devil's child..you know the rest:oD I'm in happy land!
I don't have an attitude,I just care,that's all.

Of course when you discuss your NWT with others that believe as you,your gonna agree.

You have an attitude towards the ones who do not believe as you.

That is why you are here.

You know that we believe in the diety of Christ.

You deny His diety.

How can you do that?

He died for our sins.

Would your friends die for you?

I have never called anyone a child of the devil,but I had a JW of call me one.

God as my witness,she called me that.
She told me I was like my father the devil.

Great witnessing huh?

Shge went by the name of Student.

She said she had not been baptized into the Org.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#415368 Jan 13, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever have crackling bread?
~~~

Crackling Corn pone... is the tasty..

With pinto beans cooked with fat Back...

Collard greens, or turnip salad with black-eyed peas.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#415369 Jan 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Book, chapter and verse--please where the exact word "bible or bible only appears"!!!!!
what point are u trying to make HOJO?

the bible is a compliation of letters written by most of the Apostles to different churches, or their rendition and recollections of what occured during the lifetime of jesus, so why would be so mockful?

this is the Word of God and should be shown our utmost respect.

and if you or anyone else claims to be a Christian, then it should be a book that sets your lifestyle, and one that you follow it to a tee.

But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God(that is sola scripture)

Location hidden

#415370 Jan 13, 2013
so I got hungry again and am eating scalloped potatoes and baked pork cchop.

at this rate, I will get my lost weight back very quickly

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#415371 Jan 13, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course when you discuss your NWT with others that believe as you,your gonna agree.
You deny His diety.
How can you do that?
He died for our sins.
Great witnessing huh?
~~~

Do yo remember the mass baptism of Jw's in New York city years ago,

when they turned a fire hose on a group of them?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#415372 Jan 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
and if you or anyone else claims to be a Christian, then it should be a book that sets your lifestyle, and one that you follow it to a tee.
That is easy to say, when you don't read that bible. jesus stated very clearly that all of god's laws are to be followed.

Do you follow them?

Of course not! You don't even try.

Location hidden

#415373 Jan 13, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I decided to become a JW after going to many religions looking for answers for simple questions. Non could answer me. None. I fell in love with the non racist brotherhood the love they shown me..its beyond comprehension. Nothing in this world comes close to our faith. I have close 7millions brothers and sisters plus worldwide. The fact that they can discuss the Bible with me and not have a funky nasty attitude like some here proved that they are God's people. No one has ever cursed me out or called me the devil's child..you know the rest:oD I'm in happy land!
You wrote:

I fell in love with the non racist brotherhood

I fell in love with Jesus.

He's the one who died for my sins.

He's the one that loved me so good that he save my soul.

He can save your's too,

No brotherhood can save you dear.

Look to Jesus.

I pray you ponder on this.

Not a brotherhood.

The gospel message is about salvation.

Without it,we cannot enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Poplar Bluff, MO

#415374 Jan 13, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you agree with the JW's that Jesus was born again?
How can Jesus Christ be a new creature in himself?
He was pure,he had no sin in him.
True but he was made sin.

2 Corinthians 5:21

King James Version (KJV)

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Do you dny Christ dies and rose again quickened by the spirit and resurrected.

Location hidden

#415375 Jan 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Do yo remember the mass baptism of Jw's in New York city years ago,
when they turned a fire hose on a group of them?
No,I don't remember that.
I will check into that though.

Location hidden

#415376 Jan 13, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
You deny His diety.
How can you do that?
He died for our sins.
Great witnessing huh?
I have never shared this before but here goes. I had not been saved very long when a friend asked me to go to the hopistal and pray for a woman. after terry talked to her, he asked me to lead in Prayer, karen, the look of that womans face changed and her voice did to and she called me a name(dust storm wouldnt like it if I said it). it was like the devil took possession of her, and a curtain seem to fall between me and her.so i left the room and when terry came out, he told me that she was a jw.

I said one time on this forum that the devil knows me, and that experience is what has led me to believe that.

as it is written, And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

well this spirit knew me(not my name, but my office or job if you will)
truth

Perth, Australia

#415377 Jan 13, 2013
We don't have nothing against anyone.
We say here..what we can trust..we say ..I trust in you Jesus.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#415378 Jan 13, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
You deny His diety.
How can you do that?
He died for our sins.
Great witnessing huh?
I am a JW I am in Jehovah's earthly organisation and I'm very proud of that. You all want to come up with these so called horrific stories of what some JW did to you. Now if you want to go there I can give you a list of what horrible Catholics did to me. I mean I can go on and on, and on, and on, and on for a whole semester but I'm not here for that. I post to answer misconceptions you people have about JW BELIEFS not PERSONALITY traits And if you feel uncomfortable talking about the NWT let's discuss the King James Bible I have no problem discussing the scriptures.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#415379 Jan 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in scripture is the word "bible" or "bible only" mentioned! Please back up your Protestant (personal opinionated" "pot of (made up) propaganda" with scripture!!
~~~
You are a prime candidate for the antichrist ...
already you express disbelief in the word of God
Wrong again Confrinting, which is "nothing new" to any of us Catholics who know the TRUTH....You are partially correct in that "I (do) express disbelief-----but disbelief in your "continued bogus "distorting" of the "true meaning and interpretation" of the word of God, of which you have become "an expert at"!! The fact is that both you and I know that "nowhere in the Bible" is the word bible or bible only found (ANYWHERE)! In addition--"nowhere" in the bible does it say the the bible is the "only source of truth" that God chose to transmit His divine word..You distort the word of God just like you do everything else!!... Quoting a bunch of bible verses and "Making things up" regarding the true interpretation of what those verses actually mean, is what you do best!! You are not fooling anyone but yourself with your persistent "distorting,and mis-using of Gods Word, in order to "neatly fit" into your condescending anti-catholic aversion,hatred and hostility that has corrupted your heart, mind and soul. I know the Protestant "bible only" pyramid game of bible verses, very well, after being indoctrinated by it for over 35 years, before coming to the biblical and historical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church. I/WE as Catholics, continue to pray (each day) at Daily Mass for you Orville, 4GVN, Michael, jethro8, justachristian1, PAD, LTM and the rest of you Protestants, agnostics and atheists, that God will lead you out your anti-catholic condemnation and judgmental hatred and bring you to TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church--the bride of Christ

Location hidden

#415380 Jan 13, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>True but he was made sin.
2 Corinthians 5:21
King James Version (KJV)
21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Do you dny Christ dies and rose again quickened by the spirit and resurrected.
your last statement is not Biblical,
He was never resurrected by the spirit.

for it is written.

I have Power to lay my life down and I have Power to take it up again.He is God, he never had to be quickened by the spirit

Location hidden

#415381 Jan 13, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
No,I don't remember that.
I will check into that though.
I laughed at that. he might be joking.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#415383 Jan 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Matthew 24 is for the Jewish people, the Born Again beleiver is already gone. and this Scripture proves it and it aint vague.
For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
now I aint as smart as you and the jw, so I got to try and figure this out.
first Jesus saves us and gives us salvation.
now people like you tell me that after we get saved, God kills us in the tribulation.
sumthin just dont add up 2 me.lol
wot about that scripture that tells us that we shall all be changed in a moment, in the twinkling of the eye(1/33,000 of a second), and what about around 25 years ago, scientists found in the human body a molecule that is able to be chamged in that same exact time, and they published it in their scientific journal,
I will believe what God says, rather than two idiots like you two, just saying.for it is written
"Matthew 24:4 "And Jesus answered and said unto them, "Take heed that no man deceive you."NOTICE THAT JESUS IS TALKING TO JEWS, NOT THE CHURCH.
AND THIS FURTHER CONFIRMS IT.Matthew 24:9 "Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations(SEE THAT) for my name's sake
----------
Revelation 6:11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and brothers who were to be killed as they had been was completed.

Rev: 7

13And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, Who are these who are arrayed in white robes? and from where did they come?

14And I said unto him, Sir, you know. And he said to me, These are they who came out of the great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

15Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sits on the throne shall dwell among them.

16They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun strike them, nor any heat.

17For the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Daniel 11:35 Some of the wise will stumble, so that they may be refined, purified and made spotless until the time of the end, for it will still come at the appointed time.
truth

Perth, Australia

#415382 Jan 13, 2013
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#415384 Jan 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>what point are u trying to make HOJO?
the bible is a compliation of letters written by most of the Apostles to different churches, or their rendition and recollections of what occured during the lifetime of jesus, so why would be so mockful?
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God(that is sola scripture)
The point is that you Protestants are the ones claiming that "every word, every phrase, and every sentence MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true. WHERE DOES IT SAY THIS.,,,In addition, the other point is that, "please show us Catholics" (in the bible) book, chapter and verse, where God chose to transmit His divine authoritative Word--ONLY IN THE BIBLE!..This discussion "only" came up because Protestants (over and over and over again) make the claim that the word Catholic is not in the bible!!...And my point is "so what"! Not every word has to be in the bible in order for it to be true, regarding the word Catholic!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says 9 hr cooldude 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 13 hr Crazy 8,687
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 13 hr Strel 83,885
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
Vatican infighting over NSW priest Dec 14 Rev Tony Abbott 4
Pope Condemns Homosexual Behavior (Dec '08) Dec 14 kent 10,604
Pope says 'paradise is open to all of God's cre... Dec 13 True Christian wi... 2
More from around the web