Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,782
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#415347 Jan 13, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> There is no such thing as being tortured in hell forever. Its symbolic meaning the second death it means that there is no hope to be resurrected. Its these misunderstandings of the Bible that turns people off, lack of accurate knowlegde. How can you burn something forever? That doesn't even make sense.
theer is aspirit or soul in us that will live forever, and it can not be destroyed except by God himself. therefore that lake of fire will torment it by not destroy it.

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

and since you are not Born again, you have no understanding of God and his power

Revelation 20:10
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever(WHAT PART OF THESE WORDS DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?)

Revelation 20:15
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

GUESS THAT YOUR book CHANGED THAT 2?
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#415348 Jan 13, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
lol....Of course everyone knows the scripture of Joseph being the protector of the Holy Family, and the angel in the dream....
It is your low opinion of women that is the thing that makes me cringe. You just can't even imagine that a mother can protect a child....
It just makes me wonder. I have just traveled through some "red-neck" territory, and the women are abused....And in general women in this society are abused by small minded men that are in control....literal mind without much symbolically and nothing spiritually.
Well, here is the good news. Jesus was born of a woman, and not of a man. Get used to it.
I wrote,.... "The Acts by Luke; the beginning, of the (with Mary as the Eve of the) Church, and Revelation(the struggle of eschatology, with Mary as The Woman, which he spoke of while walking on the earth) which is very complex) by John. Beginning and End."
I meant:
The beginning of the Church in Acts..., Mary was there.
The end of the struggle in Revelation..., Mary was there.
Mary is The Woman spoken by Jesus, written by John in the Gospel.
Spoken by Jesus to his mother in John 2:4, 19:26(written by John)
Also written by John 11:19-12:6 (directly) and to the end of Chapter 12 by vision/prophecy.
Where was Mary before God ?? to be His Mother she would be His creator.
You forgot Abraham, Moses, and King David, are they not part of God's Church.
In Acts the Church was impowered by the Holy Spirit, He said he had to go away but would send a comforter who would teach us all things (Who Is the comforter It is God the Holy Spirit).
Mary has no Power, She is not Queen Of Heaven, She can not hear your Prayers neither other dead people can dead people.
Regina told me once no one knows who will go to heaven till they get there, so if people don't know who is in heaven its a good chance you could be praying to someone who is in Hell.
As satan can hear you pray its a good chance you could be
conjuring up demons like King Saul did.
He got a medium to bring Samuel back from the dead : He losts his life and so did His son Jonathon.
You will bring a curse on yourself and your family.
God said we are not to pray to the dead. weather they are in heaven or hell.
And there is no purgatory, that was made up to lout people pockets.

Catholic's plainly ignore what God says 'THOU SHALL NOT DO".
DO YOU THINK YOU ARE EXEMPT FROM THE WREATH THAT IS TO COME,
AGAINST ALL THOSE WHO THINK THEY CAN ADD AND SUBTRACT FROM GOD'S HOLY SCRIPTURE OR CHANGE THEM TO SUIT YOURSELF.
I WONDER HOW THE CATHOLIC'S ARE GOING TO EXPLAIN ALL THAT, ON JUDGEMENT DAY. WELL I AM NOT TO BOTHER MYSELF WITH THAT IT ISN'T MY BUSINESS. I HAVE TO WORK OUT MY OWN SALVATION WITH FEAR AND TREMBLING.

Location hidden

#415349 Jan 13, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
We used to raise a hog every year.
We butcherd it ourself.
Well,the menfolk cleaned it and scalded and scrapoed the hairs off., The womenfolk cut up the meat and wrapped it in freezer wrap.
The saugage meat that we cut up was ground at a store.
I put the seasonings in and mixed it up good.
Made it into rolls then wrapped it.
Never tried toungue,never will,ewww!
My father in law may have ate that.
Nothing like homemade sausage.
The closest I have found to it is Swaggarty's Farm Sausage.
The farm is in Severeville,Tn.
Dolly's hometown.
dad had a little garden, that he grew nothing but the seasoning, and even years later, when we would get sausage at astore, he would go out and grind up some and put it in the meat.

I really am not kidding or trying to gross you out, try the tongue some day, I guarantee that you will like it.

and you remember the hams, them we would salt down and eat them later. scrape the salt off and usually a little mold and man was that great. I keep going and i will lift the ham out of the beans and start eating again
LTM

#415350 Jan 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in scripture is the word "bible" or "bible only" mentioned! Please back up your Protestant (personal opinionated" "pot of (made up) propaganda" with scripture!!
It is God's Holy Scripture , Moses wrote the first 5 books that was long before catholic anything.

Location hidden

#415351 Jan 13, 2013
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you like it twitching?
no sir, when that happens, I pull out my 45 and shoot that sucker again. I aint getting no blood in my mouth.I dont mind getting bean soup on my chin but that is it.
Clay

United States

#415352 Jan 13, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I decided to become a JW after going to many religions looking for answers for simple questions. Non could answer me. None. I fell in love with the non racist brotherhood the love they shown me..its beyond comprehension. Nothing in this world comes close to our faith. I have close 7millions brothers and sisters plus worldwide. The fact that they can discuss the Bible with me and not have a funky nasty attitude like some here proved that they are God's people. No one has ever cursed me out or called me the devil's child..you know the rest:oD I'm in happy land!
JWs confess they are not Christians. Right?

So why do they use the Christian Bible to determine their theology?
Its a bit like Muslims using the Book of Mormon to shape their faith!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#415353 Jan 13, 2013
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Could it be that you don't have the power to give it?
ignoramus!
To give mercy to my children? LOL!

When you have children, will you hold them accountable for things your grandparents did?

Of course not, that would be stupid and evil, right?

But in your religion, that is what your god does. Then you god demands that the grandchild start off begging for forgiveness for shit they were not around to stop!

That, my dim witted friend, is evil and stupid.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#415354 Jan 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
It is God's Holy Scripture , Moses wrote the first 5 books that was long before catholic anything.
Moses did not write the first 5 books. That has been proven to be mythology.
LTM

#415355 Jan 13, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
We used to raise a hog every year.
We butcherd it ourself.
Well,the menfolk cleaned it and scalded and scrapoed the hairs off., The womenfolk cut up the meat and wrapped it in freezer wrap.
The saugage meat that we cut up was ground at a store.
I put the seasonings in and mixed it up good.
Made it into rolls then wrapped it.
Never tried toungue,never will,ewww!
My father in law may have ate that.
Nothing like homemade sausage.
The closest I have found to it is Swaggarty's Farm Sausage.
The farm is in Severeville,Tn.
Dolly's hometown.
I remember my Mom doing that FOL, My Mom used every part of that pig. LOL
I eat no organ meat, but I love sausages.

Location hidden

#415356 Jan 13, 2013
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
The role of the true church (cc in his mind) during tribulation time.
Ok, I think that I know that answer.

guest and the jw may not think so, but i think I know.

I think that I know where the "true church" will be and also where the cc wil be, But I dont think that they are one and the same.imo.so how could I tell him and still be civil about it?

or can a person be civil and truthful at the same time? it does present a problem, but one that God could work out
Clay

United States

#415357 Jan 13, 2013
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to argue with you just to give you an illustration.
It does not affect me if the cc wants to have statues of Mary.
I think it's wrong but that's it.
Why it makes God jealous? because he says so.
God doesn't say statues of Mary make Him Jealous. That wouldn't make sense.
Statues created as deitys and put in place of God would make Him Jealous.

You may have convinced yourself that Catholics create these statues to worship as a deity, but that don't make it truth. You can't ignore 1 billion testimonies and STILL falsely accuse us. That's violating the 9th commandment on your part.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#415358 Jan 13, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>If we are buried with Christ in death then we are made/born alive again as was Christ who is the resurrection and life.
I think you people fail to see all they may be referring to.
Do you agree with the JW's that Jesus was born again?

How can Jesus Christ be a new creature in himself?

He was pure,he had no sin in him.

Location hidden

#415359 Jan 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember my Mom doing that FOL, My Mom used every part of that pig. LOL
I eat no organ meat, but I love sausages.
Ever have cracklin bread?
Clay

United States

#415360 Jan 13, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>no hipocracy here,i just do not believe what the vatican/pope believe,that the catholic is the true church,and i show the history of the church which catholics close their eyes to that proves that point.how can you have a true church when you can't even prove a god exists.
Who then, is the true Church?

Whatever group it is, has the protection of Jesus Christ on faith and moral teachings. He promised to be with them until the end of time. He promised a visible Church, not a hidden secret one, and the gates of Hell will not bring it down- and neither will a handful of screwed up Priests.

I found that Church and I ain't about to call Christ a liar. This is called real faith in Jesus, Jethro.
All other Christian groups were started by some guy or girl with a personal take on the New Testament books.
Not the Catholic Church. It was started by Jesus Christ. No? Then where did that Church go that Christ was talking about?

Location hidden

#415361 Jan 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>dad had a little garden, that he grew nothing but the seasoning, and even years later, when we would get sausage at astore, he would go out and grind up some and put it in the meat.
I really am not kidding or trying to gross you out, try the tongue some day, I guarantee that you will like it.
and you remember the hams, them we would salt down and eat them later. scrape the salt off and usually a little mold and man was that great. I keep going and i will lift the ham out of the beans and start eating again
Yes,we use to cure them with salt and they hung in the smoke house.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#415362 Jan 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in scripture is the word "bible" or "bible only" mentioned! Please back up your Protestant (personal opinionated" "pot of (made up) propaganda" with scripture!!

~~~

You are a prime candidate for the antichrist ...

already you express disbelief in the word of God and argue for its editing and revision, set forth by your
religious system...

Already Roman Catholics have accepted the antichrist
for they have already stated here in this forum the
antichrist teachings that all religions are just different ships headed for the same island...

Already... Roman Catholics here in this forum ..have denied... Jesus words when he said...

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

They Also deny the word of Jesus...when He said...

Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

~~~~

You have added in you carnal teaching that glorify the
created in place of the creator.

___

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves/YOURSELVES to be wise, they/YOU have... became fools/A FOOL...

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image

made like to corruptible man,

and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave/HASGIVEN/ them/YOU up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their/YOUR own bodies between themselves/YOURSELVES:(EECOME HOMOSEXUALS AND PERVERTS...

Rom 1:25 Who (THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH (have) changed the truth of God into a lie,(FABLES, CONJECTURE ...MADE IT CONTINGENT)

worshipped and served the creature.(MARY THE SAINTS
your IDOLS AND YOUR DYNASTY IN ROME)

more than the Creator/GOD, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#415363 Jan 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Book, chapter and verse--please where the exact word "bible or bible only appears"!!!!!
Clay

United States

#415364 Jan 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Where was Mary before God ?? to be His Mother she would be His creator.
You forgot Abraham, Moses, and King David, are they not part of God's Church.
In Acts the Church was impowered by the Holy Spirit, He said he had to go away but would send a comforter who would teach us all things (Who Is the comforter It is God the Holy Spirit).
Mary has no Power, She is not Queen Of Heaven, She can not hear your Prayers neither other dead people can dead people.
Regina told me once no one knows who will go to heaven till they get there, so if people don't know who is in heaven its a good chance you could be praying to someone who is in Hell.
As satan can hear you pray its a good chance you could be
conjuring up demons like King Saul did.
He got a medium to bring Samuel back from the dead : He losts his life and so did His son Jonathon.
You will bring a curse on yourself and your family.
God said we are not to pray to the dead. weather they are in heaven or hell.
And there is no purgatory, that was made up to lout people pockets.
Catholic's plainly ignore what God says 'THOU SHALL NOT DO".
DO YOU THINK YOU ARE EXEMPT FROM THE WREATH THAT IS TO COME,
AGAINST ALL THOSE WHO THINK THEY CAN ADD AND SUBTRACT FROM GOD'S HOLY SCRIPTURE OR CHANGE THEM TO SUIT YOURSELF.
I WONDER HOW THE CATHOLIC'S ARE GOING TO EXPLAIN ALL THAT, ON JUDGEMENT DAY. WELL I AM NOT TO BOTHER MYSELF WITH THAT IT ISN'T MY BUSINESS. I HAVE TO WORK OUT MY OWN SALVATION WITH FEAR AND TREMBLING.
Catholics believe this... Catholics believe that.. Catholics worship this... Blah Blah.

How come you can't have a religion without falsely accusing us?

My friend emails me about anti catholic slander his pastor spreads about us every week. I asked him why his pastor is so fearful of Catholicism. How come his religion can't stand on its feet without slandering Catholicism every week?

I believe the answer is that his pastor knows the truth. He looked into scripture and saw the Catholic faith. But he has a career and a congregation now. He can't let that go. He is on the pulpit trying to convince himself Catholicism is wrong, he's not trying to convince his followers!
(although he obviously is mindful of his reputation as his people leave one by one for the CC. It would be pretty embarrassing for a career minister)
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#415365 Jan 13, 2013
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
2Timothy 3:16
You keep "desperately" reading something into this verse that ANYONE can see, "is not there"! There is "nothing" in this verse that says every word MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true. You Protestants just continue to "make things up" as you go along, which is "nothing new". Nice try but this is just another one of your Protestant bible only "myths" that has absolutely "no basis of biblical truth"!!!

Poplar Bluff, MO

#415366 Jan 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Matthew 24 is for the Jewish people, the Born Again beleiver is already gone. and this Scripture proves it and it aint vague.
For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
now I aint as smart as you and the jw, so I got to try and figure this out.
first Jesus saves us and gives us salvation.
now people like you tell me that after we get saved, God kills us in the tribulation.
sumthin just dont add up 2 me.lol
wot about that scripture that tells us that we shall all be changed in a moment, in the twinkling of the eye(1/33,000 of a second), and what about around 25 years ago, scientists found in the human body a molecule that is able to be chamged in that same exact time, and they published it in their scientific journal,
I will believe what God says, rather than two idiots like you two, just saying.for it is written
"Matthew 24:4 "And Jesus answered and said unto them, "Take heed that no man deceive you."NOTICE THAT JESUS IS TALKING TO JEWS, NOT THE CHURCH.
AND THIS FURTHER CONFIRMS IT.Matthew 24:9 "Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations(SEE THAT) for my name's sake
it is appointed unto man once to die.
Absoulutely we will be changed in the twinking of an eye at the last trump on resurrection day those aleep/dead in Christ then those that remain and or alive at that time.

Aren't we wonderfully made :P

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 18 hr Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 20 hr pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... 21 hr PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••