Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
400,121 - 400,140 of 532,409 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> You do know that Lord you speak of has a name right? Sarah called her husband Lord and his name is Abraham. The apostles called God's son Jesus Lord. Now why do you have such a hard time admitting or acknowledging Jehovah's name?
4. Lord
a. God.
b. Christianity Jesus.
5.lord
a. A man of renowned power or authority.
b. A man who has mastery in a given field or activity.
c. Archaic The male head of a household.
d. Archaic A husband.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
He is also the GREAT I AM.
Exodus 3:13-14
13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel,
I AM hath sent me unto you
Do you deny that?
John 8:58 "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered,
"before Abraham was born, I am!"
Do you deny Him?
Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday
and today
and forever.
Hello there, did you know "I am" has a name.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
Eve...1 time Cain. 1 time Abel(slain) 1/2 time Seth(through Noah the promise(Jesus predicts that His second coming will be like the great flood event (Mathew 24:37)). Your vision is limited.
What I see is that you are limiting the power(Holy Spirit) in God's Word, the Bible.
You have a very specific problem with Mary, because you think any woman would have been just fine with God. In other words, what it seems is that you think of a woman as an incubator of eggs. And you seem to project that onto God as you think God Thinks women are just incubators....
Catholic teachings are quite the opposite of course, and this is why you can't tolerate them in your view of salvation....
You write, "AGAIN; IF SHE IS THE QUEEN OF HEAVEN, WHY IS SHE RUNNING FROM THE DEVIL."
Answer: To help protect Jesus from Herod in this world. And to help protect the Church from Satan in this world. So simple..........for the spiritually minded....Even for the symbolically minded. Not simple for the literal and closed minded.
You write, "....after the Day of pentecost, MARY IS NEVER MENTIONED AGAIN BY ANY WRITER. SO WHY SHOULD THIS BE AN EZCEPTION?"
The Acts by Luke; the beginning, of the (with Mary as the Eve of the) Church, and Revelation(the struggle of eschatology, with Mary as The Woman, which he spoke of while walking on the earth) which is very complex) by John. Beginning and End.
Paul wrote most of the rest of the N.T., and he was fighting/dealing with Greco-Roman myths and geneologies of gods, and antichrists. Therefore he dealt with the uniqueness of Jesus. He kept his theology simple to deal with the area and people he evangelized. So simple....
I like when you say holy spirit. I have no idea where this holy ghost came from...hehe

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>no matter what, i'm going to end up dead,no thought process, no seeing a light,no going to heaven,nor hell,no seeing a god or a devil,just going into a hole in the ground with my mother after i'm cremated.that is your fate also,except you're burial will be different than mine.there will no wake,no funeral service,no nothing just from where ever i drop dead to the furnace then in the ground,hopefully all in one day,then people will remember me and stop by the grave a few times then that will be it,your forgotten and life goes on.
Jethro,I will never forget my son,mother,grandparents or any other loved one that has passed away.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Some Christian scholars render the four-letter Name as "Jehovah," but this pronunciation is particularly unlikely. The word "Jehovah" comes from the fact that ancient Jewish texts used to put the vowels of the Name "Adonai" (the usual substitute for YHVH) under the consonants of YHVH to remind people not to pronounce YHVH as written. A sixteenth century German Christian scribe, while transliterating the Bible into Latin for the Pope, wrote the Name out as it appeared in his texts, with the consonants of YHVH and the vowels of Adonai, and came up with the word JeHoVaH, and the name stuck.
Are you posting from our literature?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
Eve...1 time Cain. 1 time Abel(slain) 1/2 time Seth(through Noah the promise(Jesus predicts that His second coming will be like the great flood event (Mathew 24:37)). Your vision is limited.
What I see is that you are limiting the power(Holy Spirit) in God's Word, the Bible.
You have a very specific problem with Mary, because you think any woman would have been just fine with God. In other words, what it seems is that you think of a woman as an incubator of eggs. And you seem to project that onto God as you think God Thinks women are just incubators....
Catholic teachings are quite the opposite of course, and this is why you can't tolerate them in your view of salvation....
You write, "AGAIN; IF SHE IS THE QUEEN OF HEAVEN, WHY IS SHE RUNNING FROM THE DEVIL."
Answer: To help protect Jesus from Herod in this world. And to help protect the Church from Satan in this world. So simple..........for the spiritually minded....Even for the symbolically minded. Not simple for the literal and closed minded.
You write, "....after the Day of pentecost, MARY IS NEVER MENTIONED AGAIN BY ANY WRITER. SO WHY SHOULD THIS BE AN EZCEPTION?"
The Acts by Luke; the beginning, of the (with Mary as the Eve of the) Church, and Revelation(the struggle of eschatology, Paul wrote most of the rest of the N.T., and he was fighting/dealing with Greco-Roman myths and geneologies of gods, and antichrists. Therefore he dealt with the uniqueness of Jesus. He kept his theology simple to deal with the area and people he evangelized. So simple....
lol, so mary helped Jesus so herod wouldnt kill him. robert, just drop it, your responses are so off base it aint funny.and they certainly are not based on what the Bible says. It is joseph that was given the job to protect Jesus not mary, and you should know that. so why try and deceive us, we know better.
{And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt(SEE THAT, IT AINT THE WILDERNESS, IS IT), and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him} see God didnt give that important job for mary to protect Jesus, it was given to Joe.

and she couldnt have helped him to protect the church since the church had not had its charter signed by God yet.lol

kinda funny that John wouldnt be more explicit than what you are referring to.
if you cant recognize that this is in the tribulation, thousands of years after the death of jesus and mary, you are lost.

mary couldnt be the eve of the church since there is no eve in the first place. the Apostles and those 70 were charter members and mary was voted in later, 50 days after jesus was Resurrected. and that Is Bible.

this statement of yours is so obtuse that even I cant cipher it.

"with Mary as The Woman, which he spoke of while walking on the earth) which is very complex) by John. Beginning and End."

the bottom line is this, Jesus is speaking of Israel, and how God will protect her from the nations and the false religions(since we , the Born Again Christian are already gone) that are tying to destroy her. by theri attempt to destroy the Jews and israel, they think that will be pleasing God, because of the lie that is told that the jews killed jesus
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>YOU LIE,IT IS NOT AUTHENTICATED IN THE BOOK OF MATHEW AS YOU CLAIM,NOWHERE IN THE BOOK DO YOU SEE A PASSAGE WHERE JESUS CALLS "MY CHURCH" CATHOLIC.it's a fairytale taught to you by man made false church traditions.
That's one interpretation.

Hojo chooses another interpretation. Hojo chooses to embrace a "church" that uses DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY as a barrier against truth and justice for thousands of orphans and deaf children.

Hojo rejects what Jesus said about those who harm children.

Hojo embraces a different view of "perfect morality."

PS --- a "church" that also uses DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY as a barrier against EU and USA bank examiners as well. This is a unique RCC interpretation of Jesus' last act as a free man on earth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

hey karen, have you ever sopped bean soup with corn bread and got it on your chin before?lol

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>did you see my post about the field goal and topix got all bent out of shape. thought I was cussing or soemthing.
Did you see my post asking why I would be required to ask my creator for mercy?

Why do you call god, god the father? He is nothing like a father.

My children don't ask me for mercy.

There is nothing that my children could do that I would torture them for eternity over.

My children have seen me from their birth. I never hid from them and demanded that they believe in me.

When my children do something wrong, I am right there to correct them and to explain to them why it is wrong.

Your god is not a father but any means. You need to call him something else.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Are you posting from our literature?
nope, i dont read your trash, nor do i get it since i am not out to the farm where i have a wood stove.I use a gell to start a fire, dont wish to ruin my stove with the trash that new york puts out.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> J is used to pronounce in english.
Aviela good friend

I have seen you are weathering the storm on this thread. I really commend you for your patience.

I am somewhat amused by it all. I think it best for you to be also....

Now you may understand my initial reluctance to converse with you, as so few on here are willing to converse. There is much in the way of condemning/accussing going on here. And to me it is not so much out of understanding from a searching faith, but rather out of a sense of vainglory(boastfulness). And a bit to rigid for me at times....

From today's intercession of Evening prays, this is for you....

"Christ, Chosen One of God, you did not break the crushed reed or extinguish the wavering flame,
have mercy on all who are seeking you in good faith.
Lord, send forth your Spirit upon us."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text>I like when you say holy spirit. I have no idea where this holy ghost came from...hehe
did John the baptist use the words "holy spirit" or the words "Holy Ghost" in Matthew 3:11-12 ?
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>what i say about catholics are based on their man made pagan/christian traditions,what they/you believe in is found nowhere in the bible/scriptures,catholocism is a baby religion it's only 2000 yrs old,and created by a pagan emporer and about 100 learned men. who put the two religions together to keep the people of the empire happy. don't understand why it's so hard to understand with people,it is not gods/jesus' church or religion.there's plenty of history to prove it and nothing that states otherwise.there is not one passage anywhere in the bible or scriptures where jesus says his church is the catholic church,only man says that.and that is meaningless.
He doesn't seem to understand faith.

He thinks that "proof" is a book created by the Catholic church, somehow saying that God had put them in charge 400 years earlier.

Sure it sounds crazy, but let's keep an OPEN MIND and see how the "appointed by God, One-True" thing has worked out.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, not bad maybe for 600 years.

After that, not so good.

The claim is BUSTED.
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
FREE MIND says......Mary has seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go.
Michael says......another croc! More scare tactics more fear.
If the souls of POOR SINNERS go to hell, does that mean were all heading to hell if catholics keep saying "WE ARE ALL SINNNERS"
I have a hazmat suit ready just in case.
Yes, typical RCC scare tactics. This time, Mary is supposedly scaring the daylights out of 3 delusional little girls.

Imagine using Mary as a prop to scare young children -- and in the next sentence, explaining why God created World War 2.

I can imagine the mad scientist in a B-movie making those scary and threatening statements. But humble Mary of the Bible?

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Sock Puppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose by "we" you mean some denomination like the JW.
Jesus is Jehovah
Throughout the Bible you will find Jesus is not only the Son of God but also God "the beginning and the last".
This can be explained by looking at identical twins when the fertilized egg splits. One God the father being spirit and God the Son being spirit enter and was concieved by Marys egg making him fully Human and fully God. Was Christ there from the beginning yes. They both pocess the Spirit of truth obe physical one spiritual.

We were made in Gods image male and female in which God being neither solely male or soley female however we find in some species that can replicate and multiply as a single cell being without a mate.(I hope I stated that correctly ..lol).
Eve being made from Adams rib was done so using only XX chromozones man carrying both the XY male amd female the same image or shadow of which the same nature of Gods spiritual being.
This is why mankind will be saved by Child bearing that lead to the birth of Christ.

This also explains how God the Father and God the Son are as one.
All we have to do is look at Gods creation for an explanation of the Spiritual.
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

No Catholic here dares to confront this reality.

Matthew, Mark and Luke ALL report the same teaching of Jesus -- "whoever would harm one of these little ones, it would be better for him if he had a heavy weight fastened about his neck and be thrown into the sea" (or similar)

Matthew, Mark and Luke ALL agree.

There is no such thing as HOLY Diplomatic Immunity from justice for children.

Google 'Catholic church Diplomatic immunity.'

Catholics here cannot look this reality in the eye.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
Norma told cathie that mike hasnt been to see her in the Nursing home.
that kind of Religion is not of God but belongs to the devil
when mom died, we had the funeral at her church, Over normas complaint because of Mike.

and mike stood outside the church with his wife, crying. and he was afraid to go in because of his religion. mike was their first grandchild, and couldnt show enough respect for a woman that loved him like a son. at the hospital a few hours before she died, she spoke to me and told me that she wanted to go home and mike told her that she was to sick. and tears came into her eyes and she wispered to me. he doesnt understand, I want to go home and her eyes looked heavenward.

and a few hours later, God called her and told her that she was welcome into His Home. and now she is with her husband, two children that died earlier and my little baby boy, jerrod..

she didnt just go to sleep and that is it. there is a better life if a person only seeks it.

and there is another life, and a person doesnt have to do anything to inherit it, just do nothing and you will achieve it.
amen

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

......he walked on water? So what, the jETs) fly in spacecraft and time travel and control their world with mind power..........he split the sea.....? Not even close. Good story for a child. Adults need to grow up and face reality!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, so mary helped Jesus so herod wouldnt kill him. robert, just drop it, your responses are so off base it aint funny.and they certainly are not based on what the Bible says. It is joseph that was given the job to protect Jesus not mary, and you should know that. so why try and deceive us, we know better.
{And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt(SEE THAT, IT AINT THE WILDERNESS, IS IT), and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him} see God didnt give that important job for mary to protect Jesus, it was given to Joe.
and she couldnt have helped him to protect the church since the church had not had its charter signed by God yet.lol
kinda funny that John wouldnt be more explicit than what you are referring to.
if you cant recognize that this is in the tribulation, thousands of years after the death of jesus and mary, you are lost.
mary couldnt be the eve of the church since there is no eve in the first place. the Apostles and those 70 were charter members and mary was voted in later, 50 days after jesus was Resurrected. and that Is Bible.
this statement of yours is so obtuse that even I cant cipher it.
"with Mary as The Woman, which he spoke of while walking on the earth) which is very complex) by John. Beginning and End."
the bottom line is this, Jesus is speaking of Israel, and how God will protect her from the nations and the false religions(since we , the Born Again Christian are already gone) that are tying to destroy her. by theri attempt to destroy the Jews and israel, they think that will be pleasing God, because of the lie that is told that the jews killed jesus
preston

lol....Of course everyone knows the scripture of Joseph being the protector of the Holy Family, and the angel in the dream....

It is your low opinion of women that is the thing that makes me cringe. You just can't even imagine that a mother can protect a child....

It just makes me wonder. I have just traveled through some "red-neck" territory, and the women are abused....And in general women in this society are abused by small minded men that are in control....literal mind without much symbolically and nothing spiritually.

Well, here is the good news. Jesus was born of a woman, and not of a man. Get used to it.

I wrote,.... "The Acts by Luke; the beginning, of the (with Mary as the Eve of the) Church, and Revelation(the struggle of eschatology, with Mary as The Woman, which he spoke of while walking on the earth) which is very complex) by John. Beginning and End."

I meant:
The beginning of the Church in Acts..., Mary was there.
The end of the struggle in Revelation..., Mary was there.

Mary is The Woman spoken by Jesus, written by John in the Gospel.

Spoken by Jesus to his mother in John 2:4, 19:26(written by John)
Also written by John 11:19-12:6 (directly) and to the end of Chapter 12 by vision/prophecy.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

(waves to everyone and says)Hello!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••