Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
400,081 - 400,100 of 539,058 Comments Last updated 10 min ago
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#415245 Jan 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>let me challenge you on the Bible. go get you a Jewish masoretic Holy Scripture, and compare it to your version(aint about to call it a Bible), then compare it to a KJV.
the Masoretic texxt and teh KJV are almost identical which is why old steiner gave it back to me pretty quick(as i knew that he would). you flakes arent allowed to know the truth.
I'm not trying to challange you. The word of God should be discussed in a peaceful manner. Its what the scriptures say. What I know is that the Jews stopped using Jehovah's name because they came up with superstitious idea that his name was too holy to use in conversation and I haven't met many Jews who are fond of Jesus. And so I don't know the point you're trying to make.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#415246 Jan 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I give my opinion based on my Biblical knowledge, and it is up to you or anyone else to accept it or reject it.
I am not responsible if you accept it and get saved, and I am not responsible if you choose to not accept His Mercy on your soul.
it all lays on your shoulders not mine.my shoulders are not broad enough to bear your sins and others.
Why would I need a creator's mercy? That just a bit stupid.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#415247 Jan 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You thought Preston was Catholic? lol
He just calls out the hypocrisy amongst you guys, that's all. None of you will admit it, but you are all doctrinally a mess. He has guts to stand up when he sees deception.
no hipocracy here,i just do not believe what the vatican/pope believe,that the catholic is the true church,and i show the history of the church which catholics close their eyes to that proves that point.how can you have a true church when you can't even prove a god exists.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#415248 Jan 13, 2013
The Watchtower;

1.Zion’s Wt, 1/15/1892, pg 1355, reprint...“battle” is definitely marked in Scripture as October, 1914.

2.The Time is at Hand, 1908, pg 101...the “battle of the great day of God Almighty”(Rev.16:14) which will end in A.D. 1914, with the complete overthrow of earth’s present rulership, is already commenced.

Millions now Living Will Never Die, 1920, pg. 89, 90Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old...."

FROM AWAKE Magazine;

Aw, 5/22/1969, pg 15If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things......all evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years.

....as a young person you will never fulfill any career that this system offers.

If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career.

But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!

They blamed other religions for setting dates and called them false prophets. 1.Light 1930, pg 47,
They have been prophesying particularly since 1918, and everyone knows that their prophecies to date have not come to pass; and that alone is strong evidence that they are false prophets

They blamed others,lol.

Paradise Restored 1972, pg 353,354, Jehovah, the God of the true prophets, will put all false prophets to shame either by not fulfilling the false prediction of such self-assuming prophets or by having his own prophecies fulfilled in a way opposite to that predicted by the false prophets.

False prophets will try to hide who they really are.

HELLO????

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#415249 Jan 13, 2013
http://smilegodlovesyou.org/names.html

the many names of God. aint none taken away as avie is lying about.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#415250 Jan 13, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the JW's told me that they don't celebrate Thanksgiving.
She said a neighbor brought her some turkey on Thanksgiving day and that she accepted it.
One would think that they would not be allowed to accept it because it was part of Thanksgiving.
LOL well FOL. Food is food and turkey is good eating.

Location hidden

#415251 Jan 13, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not trying to challange you. The word of God should be discussed in a peaceful manner. Its what the scriptures say. What I know is that the Jews stopped using Jehovah's name because they came up with superstitious idea that his name was too holy to use in conversation and I haven't met many Jews who are fond of Jesus. And so I don't know the point you're trying to make.
lol, man have you been lied to.

on my other forum, when the talk is about God, it is L_rd, and why should that bother any chriatian if they or anyone else feels that God and His Name is Holy. and they show that respect to His Holy Nmae.

guess that you havent had a close experience with God that will mkae you feel that the floor should be removed becuase you cant get low enough and humble yourself in His Presence.

WELL I HAVE.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415252 Jan 13, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>ok you say christian men and women,so your not catholic??
No, I am not catholic....
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#415253 Jan 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry retractions I said [God's church is a denomination]
I meant to say isn't a denomination.
God's Church, which Jesus Christ HIMSELF initiated, formed and authenicated in Matthew 16:13-21 was, is and will always be His biblically authenticated (one and only) Apostolic Universal (referred to as Catholic in 045AD). This is the same Church that His Apostles taught in Antioch (Acts 2) which had Bishops, Deacons, Priests and Elders (also Acts 2). It is the same heirarchical, authoritative, visible Church that Paul referred to in his letters that he wrote to the (visible0 Churches in Philippi, Galatia, Ephesis, Thessalonica, Corrinth,and on and on. This is the same Church that is referred to over 30 times in the New Testament.--The Catholic Church is NOT a denomination, because it is the (one and only) True Church that Jesus (HIMSELF) initiate and formed! Denominations began with the Reformation and the dividing fracturing, and splintering that followed Martin Luther.

1.Luther (eliminated some original books of the bible)
2.Zwingli (eliminated and rejected the Eucharist)
3.Knox (threw out some of the Sacraments)
4.Wesley (each one rejected something to start a new denomination
5.Huss " " "
6.Cromwell " " "
7.Wycliff " " "
8.(Beginning with the A's " "
Advent Christian Church
Advent Christian Conference
Advent Christian Conference of Japan
Adventist Church
Adventists of the True Remnant
Africa Christian network
Africa Evangelical Church
Africa Evangelical Church of Malawi
Africa Gospel Church
Africa Gospel Unity Church
Africa Inland Church
African Apostolic Church of Johane Maranke
African Apostolic Church of Johane Masowe
African Apostolic Church of Nigeria & Benin
African Apostolic Church St Simon & St Johane
African Apostolic Faith Mission
African Assemblies of God
African Baptist Assembly Malawi
African Born Full Gospel Apostolic Ch
African Brotherhood Church
African Catholic Church
African Christian Church & Schools
African Christians Fellowship
African Church
African Church Mission
African Church of Jesus Christ in Kenya
African Church of the Holy Spirit
African Church The
African Congregational Church
African Covenant Church
African Disciples of Christ
African Divine Church
African Evangelical Presbyterian Ch
African Faith Tabernacle Church
African Free Presb Church of Zimbabwe
African Full Gospel Church
African Gospel Church
African Holy Zionist Church
African Independent Church of Kenya
African Independent Pentecostal Church of Africa
African Interior Church
African Methodist Church in Zimbabwe
African Methodist Episcopal Church
African Methodist Episcopal Zion Ch
African Mission of Holy Ghost Church
African National Church
African National/International Church.....
55.- 41,992 The rest of the A's through Z
41,993. Confrinting
41,994. Orville
41,995. 4GVN
41,996. OLDJG
41,997. justachristian1
41,998. New Age
41,999. Marge
42,000.+ Whomever on this forum that we missed

The Catholic Church (has never, nor will ever be) a part of this list, because the term "denomination refers to "particular branches of the Christian Church".. Jesus Christ is the "Head of His (one and only TRUE Universal (Catholic) Church, which is (the TRUE VINE) which is HIS BRIDE--the ONE TRUE CHURCH.... Protestant Churches are the "branches" that have rejected the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the FAITH as the Prodigal Son chose to do by his own defiance and rebelliousness, in Luke 15:11

Location hidden

#415254 Jan 13, 2013
The Name of God

----------

Please note: This page contains the Name of God. If you print it out, please treat it with appropriate respect.

Click to jump to:
The Significance of Names
The Names of God
Writing the Name of God
Pronouncing the Name of God
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/J...

looks like you got caught in another of your lies.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415255 Jan 13, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Have you checked out the King James Bible it restored Jehovah's name almost 7000 times. We all know satan wants God's named blocked but its not going to happend. You will hear about his name whether it makes you cringe or not.
I will never block the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit....

Why would you cringe at their names?
Clay

United States

#415256 Jan 13, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
Where in scripture is Marion doctrine even mentioned? please back up your assertions with scripture.
I encourage you to seek out a Catholic website.

catholic.com

catholicanswers.com

I'm not interested right now to get into a trap from you.(btw, I have no problem debating my way out of it either) right now I'm going to the movies.

However,

Marian doctrine...

start with: Jesus is God.

God and sin do not combine to make the perfect manifestation of himself.

Mary is the new eve.

look into how God delivered His covenant with the Jews using an Ark that was so Holy, they wouldn't even look at it.
Then look at how God delivered His covenant with the Christians using another Ark (Mary).

Finally, research a series of miraculous events the last few hundred yrs, where God used Mary to bring people to His Son -and succeeded.

Guadalupe, Lourdes, Fatima, and lately (but not official) Medjagorje.

Good luck and God Bless.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415257 Jan 13, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> When you get some extra $$ invest in a Bible that hasn't beem tampered with by satan. One with the original writtings of the scrolls.
Ever heard of plural pronouns in the bible.....
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#415258 Jan 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, man have you been lied to.
on my other forum, when the talk is about God, it is L_rd, and why should that bother any chriatian if they or anyone else feels that God and His Name is Holy. and they show that respect to His Holy Nmae.
guess that you havent had a close experience with God that will mkae you feel that the floor should be removed becuase you cant get low enough and humble yourself in His Presence.
WELL I HAVE.
You do know that Lord you speak of has a name right? Sarah called her husband Lord and his name is Abraham. The apostles called God's son Jesus Lord. Now why do you have such a hard time admitting or acknowledging Jehovah's name?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#415259 Jan 13, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>what i say about catholics are based on their man made pagan/christian traditions,what they/you believe in is found nowhere in the bible/scriptures,catholocism is a baby religion it's only 2000 yrs old,and created by a pagan emporer and about 100 learned men. who put the two religions together to keep the people of the empire happy. don't understand why it's so hard to understand with people,it is not gods/jesus' church or religion.there's plenty of history to prove it and nothing that states otherwise.there is not one passage anywhere in the bible or scriptures where jesus says his church is the catholic church,only man says that.and that is meaningless.
Where does it say "in the bible" that every word, every phrase, every sentence MUST be in the bible in order for it to be TRUE. This, jethro8 is "YOUR assumption, your assursion, your opinion" and the Protestant bible only believers "make the same claim"! Until you have proven that everything MUST BE IN THE BIBLE in order for it to be true, you my friend are "wasting everyones time" with your "unproven "rif-raf" of nonsense!!!
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#415260 Jan 13, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I will never block the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit....
Why would you cringe at their names?
What's their names? And why aren't you using it. Everything must be called by its name.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#415261 Jan 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I dont have to forgive him, he has done nothing to me, but he is a low life scum bag not to take care of his mother, as the bible tells him to do. of course, your book probably left that part out since it interferes with the seperation that your chuch enforces on you kooks.
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
guess that your religion aint very pure, but of course we already knew that.
I don't know all your family buisness or care to know for that matter, but just dealing with you in these few days I can see how you slander, lie, and exaggerate and so I don't believe a penny coming out of your mouth.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415262 Jan 13, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> You do know that Lord you speak of has a name right? Sarah called her husband Lord and his name is Abraham. The apostles called God's son Jesus Lord. Now why do you have such a hard time admitting or acknowledging Jehovah's name?
You need to learn some languages...

Does the Letter "J" exist in Hebrew, Latin or Greek?

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#415263 Jan 13, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Have you checked out the King James Bible it restored Jehovah's name almost 7000 times. We all know satan wants God's named blocked but its not going to happend. You will hear about his name whether it makes you cringe or not.
He is also the GREAT I AM.

Exodus 3:13-14
13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel,

I AM hath sent me unto you

Do you deny that?

John 8:58 "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered,

"before Abraham was born, I am!"

Do you deny Him?

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday
and today
and forever.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#415264 Jan 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I give my opinion based on my Biblical knowledge, and it is up to you or anyone else to accept it or reject it.
I am not responsible if you accept it and get saved, and I am not responsible if you choose to not accept His Mercy on your soul.
it all lays on your shoulders not mine.my shoulders are not broad enough to bear your sins and others.
no matter what, i'm going to end up dead,no thought process, no seeing a light,no going to heaven,nor hell,no seeing a god or a devil,just going into a hole in the ground with my mother after i'm cremated.that is your fate also,except you're burial will be different than mine.there will no wake,no funeral service,no nothing just from where ever i drop dead to the furnace then in the ground,hopefully all in one day,then people will remember me and stop by the grave a few times then that will be it,your forgotten and life goes on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••