Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,003)

Showing posts 400,041 - 400,060 of530,180
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the lost tribes have nothing to do with england or any other nation. a few days ago, news from Israel was that many jews were returning from other countries such as India(where I beleive Andrew was martyered) and this group was considered one of the lost tribes that were taken into captivity by Babylon. Judah, the tribe where Jesus came from from, was not taken nor was Israel. with Benjamin being joined together with Judah, which is why Paul knew what tribe that he came from.
I will see if I can dig up that news about this tribe being returned to israel
I found this on the internet,
I can't remember the name of the guy and I closed the link

5. End-time rise and fall of Israel and Judah

" Israel" was the new name God gave the biblical patriarch Jacob in Genesis 32. The 12 tribes of Israel were descended from his 12 sons. These tribes later formed a united kingdom.

It's been almost 3,000 years since the kingdom of Israel was split in two. Ten of the 12 tribes of Israel rebelled against King Rehoboam, the son of King Solomon and grandson of King David. The Bible continued to refer to these 10 tribes as Israel while the other two tribes (Judah and Benjamin) that remained loyal to David's descendants were known as the kingdom of Judah or simply Judah.

Sometimes Israel is referred to as the northern kingdom and Judah as the southern kingdom. Dominant among the northern tribes were to be the descendants of Jacob's son Joseph through his sons Ephraim and Manasseh—prophesied by Jacob to be the chief nations of the world in the last days (Genesis 49:1
, 22-26; compare Deuteronomy 33:13-17

Cont.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Atemcowboy- cont:
).
About 200 years after the kingdom split, the northern tribes of Israel fell to Assyria and were deported by the Assyrians to the northern parts of their empire. Often referred to now as the lost tribes, they later migrated northwest across Europe, eventually settling in new homelands far from the Middle East.
The kingdom of Judah fell to Babylon more than a century after Israel's deportation, but its people were not lost to history. We know them today as the Jews.
The name Ephraim is sometimes used representatively in Scripture for the entire northern kingdom, though it can also refer solely to the descendants of Joseph's son of that name—prophesied to become a "multitude of nations" (Genesis 48:19
). Remarkably, this promise to Ephraim was fulfilled in the British Empire and Commonwealth.
Ephraim's older brother Manasseh was also prophesied to become a great nation (same verse), separating himself from the multitude of nations. This prophecy would be fulfilled in the formation, growth and dominance of the United States of America.
In a revealing prophecy regarding the United States and Britain, Jacob (Israel) said, "Let my name be named upon them" (verse 16). References to " Israel" in end-time prophecy often refer to the United States or the English-speaking countries of the British Empire or both. Sometimes " Israel" can mean all 12 tribes. We have to look at specific verses in their context to see which is meant.
"Judah," however, always refers to the Jews, the descendants of the house or kingdom of Judah. We must also understand that the modern nation called Israel is really Judah, made up of Jews.(For much more detail, download or request our free booklet The United States and Britain in Bible Prophecy .)
Understanding this critical part of biblical history will help us more fully comprehend a passage of Scripture in the book of Hosea, which is a prophecy about Ephraim (the multitude of nations—Great Britain and some of those nations that came out of her). It warns of destruction to follow the end-time ascendancy of the Israelite nations.
In Hosea 5 we read a prophecy that mentions Israel, Ephraim and Judah: "The pride of Israel testifies to his face; therefore Israel and Ephraim stumble in their iniquity; Judah also stumbles with them" (verse 5). The prophecy continues: "With their flocks and herds they shall go to seek the Lord, but they will not find Him; He has withdrawn Himself from them. They have dealt treacherously with the Lord, for they have begotten pagan children. Now a New Moon shall devour them and their heritage" (verses 6-7).
New moons occur a month apart. A new moon "devouring" them would seem to mean that Israel, Ephraim and Judah will all fall within one month.
This prophecy was not fulfilled in ancient times. As already mentioned, ancient Judah fell to Babylon more than a century after Israel fell to Assyria. Yet in the end it appears they will fall together—within one month of each other. This prophecy remains to be fulfilled.
Remember that Israel gave his name to Ephraim and Manasseh, the ancestors in turn of the British and American peoples. As Ephraim is mentioned separately in this prophecy, the reference to " Israel" must apply to the United States, which is now the more dominant of the two nations.
For two centuries prior to World War II, the roles were reversed with the multitude of nations—the British Empire—a greater power than the single nation, the United States. But today America is the greater.
"Judah" refers to the Jewish people, particularly those who now constitute the modern nation in the Middle East that calls itself Israel.
Here then is a prophecy regarding all three nations—the United States, Britain and Israel (Judah). According to this prophecy, it appears that all three will fall within the span of a month. Verse 6 shows these nations turning back to God, but finding it's too late. Because of their sins, He will let them suffer defeat and collapse.
cont
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Cont---

This prophecy could not have been fulfilled until after the rise of Britain and the United States as world powers in the 19th century and the formation of the Jewish state of Israel in the 20th.
Lest the idea seem outlandish, consider that Israel and the United States are perhaps the most maligned and criticized nations on earth. Among Muslim hard-liners, America is commonly called "the great Satan" and Israel and Britain "the little Satans."
disciple

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, I encourage you to keep proclaiming that 'Catholics worship Mary'.
This ridiculous accusation is bringing people out of your cult and into Catholicism.
It brought myself away from your doorstep and back into the Church because I recognized the lie and thanks be to God, I knew to steer clear of you guys..
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santuario_del_Ce...
Clay

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
All Marian doctrine is made up by the Catholic church (more accurately the pope) and there is no basis in scripture.
-
Jesus Christ said, "The Father is greater than I am." John 14:28
-
-
<quoted text>
-
Christ realized who he is and he told everyone so they would also know. If you ignore the words of Christ himself and believe the pope instead, you are believing man rather than God.
-
Again, Jesus Christ said, "The Father is greater than I am." John 14:28
-
-
<quoted text>
-
Why did the pope say Mary was without sin? Christ never did. Not once.
-
-
<quoted text>
-
Jesus did not make his mother without sin.
-
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23
-
-
Clay, there has to be a standard to follow. It doesn't need to be written in stone, like the 10 commandments (which the church tried to rewrite) but there has to be a record of what Jesus said. The church has tried to rewrite what Jesus said, too.
-
The church has tried to add to the Word of God to suit itself. You can't do that.
-
The reason is because you get an entirely different belief system that what Christ taught. You can't do that. You have to listen to God, rather than men. You don't get to make up stuff as you go along. It isn't Christian that way. You are not following Christ, that way. You are following the pope and he is not qualified to change the Word of God.
-
Don't you understand? only God is qualified to change his word.
Actually, Marian doctrine is so deep rooted in scripture, that Evangelicals can't see it. You guys barely scratch the surface of scripture. Do you guys even study the Old Testament? Do you read the writings of the men the Apostles ordained?

You need to do those things to be a serious Christian.
Right now you fail to see things cuz you're so fixed on verse chapter verse of the New Testament. Heck, you think its all that's revealed about Jesus!
That tells me you don't have a clue.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>for your reference,and to answer your question.
He said He was going to make a great nation out of one,
look at my reply to You and you will see that Israel was just at that time, one of the tribes, now that nation in its entirety,is called Israel.and some day, when jesus comes back, she will see her place as a great nation
tho today, people want to use the name of the "west bank", the jews call it Juda and sammaria
Wow I guess I am off , I am trying to remember that guys name where I got that piece from. Maybe you will know him from his work.
disciple

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct the TRUTH of the Word of God is not wasted---however 42,000+ Protestant "personal "conflicting and contradicting" (opinions) of 42,000 different "inconsistent" (so-called) truths---ARE-(definitely)--A WASTE OF TIME!!!
You need to post the contradiction to prove your point.
But this is the route you took, I merely asked you to tell us the role of your church in tribulation time and you decided to skid all the way to your point of the ever increasing number of denominations.
Post the question to cowboy and I'll prove to you that the interpretation we have is the same.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
QUOTE who="Clay"<quoted text>
All Marian doctrine is rooted in this fact: her Son is God made manifest. Jesus is God.
"How does that in any way define "Marion doctrine"? It does not.
Once you realize who Christ is, its easy to understand who Mary is.
Why did Christ bring His Mother into Heaven without suffering death?
ANSWER: He did not. This is just a product of roman catholic fables. Nothing in all of scripture indictates any such thing.
Why did God (Christ) make His Mother without the blemish of sin?
Because He could. If anyone of us had the ability to make our Mother that way, we would have. But we couldn't. Jesus could and He did.
ANSWER: Again your belies are based on fables with no hint of scripurat evidence. In fact with no evidence from any where.
Your beliefs are quite simply fairy tales. And your devotion and worship of Mary detracts from the all suffciency of the SAVIOUR.
Catholics on this forum have spent yrs fending off accusation after accusation. We never even sweat. Truth is awesome when you're on its side.
Every question you ask us has a pre determined answer by you. You ain't budging.
I think its fair if you start answering some of our questions. You can't just keep on your ignorant march without any accountability!

So, why does a statue of Jesus make God Jealous?

"thou shall not make unto thee any graven images... "

If that is a blanket statement by God on the use of statues, then why did He command the Jews to make statues of angels in Ex 25 : 18-20

Evidently a statue of an angel does not make Him Jealous, but a statue of Mary does???

please explain.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

disciple wrote:
I don't speak Spanish so I don't know what your link says.
Maybe you can answer this sense 4gvn won't..

Why does an image of Mary offend you?

Why does it make God Jealous?

Why did God command the Jews to make religious carvings of Angels?

Why, after billions of Catholics testify to that we don't worship statues, do you STILL accuse us of it?
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Preston I did read this and agree with you.
Catholic's have made the bible all about them, but don't understand it or believe it is all about Jesus Christ.
How they could possibly make that scritpure about Mary I will never know. We can only hope the Holy Spirit will open their heart to understand what He is saying and teaching the church of Christ,
which isn't the catholic church.
I want to get back to you about Josephs 2 sons. When Jacob gave them His Blessing and past over his own sons, He said He was going to make a great nation out of one, USA. And one of many nations which became the British Commonwealth, which is many nation.
Is this where the lost tribes of Israel were scattered.
I think I am a little off here just want to clear it up in my mind.
Preston I think you are very gifted, I really do I am totally in agreement with your teachings.
If the Catholic Church is not the one started by Christ, then which one of you 42,000 are?

This is very very important LTM, because Jesus clearly started a Church that He promised to protect from the gates of Hell. Thus, the Apostles clearly started a Church and those they ordained wrote much about Bishops, Priests and Deacons and the Magistrium that was started by the Apostles.

So, where did this Church that Christ promised to be with til the end of the world, go?

please answer
4GVN

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't speak Spanish so I don't know what your link says.
Maybe you can answer this sense 4gvn won't..
Why does an image of Mary offend you?
Why does it make God Jealous?
Why did God command the Jews to make religious carvings of Angels?
Why, after billions of Catholics testify to that we don't worship statues, do you STILL accuse us of it?
The simple fact is that you do not understand what constitutes worship. You have no understanding of when your devotion crosses the line. And you most definately elevate Mary to a super human status far above any other human being.
Why do you chose to totally disregard the 2nd commandment and the prohibition of making images in the church.
If you insist that God didn't mean what He claearly said, then it is your obligation to tell us what you believe He did mean. Not to simply disregard the instructions.
The simple fact is that God did prohibit the use of icons and statues. The simple ONLY time we can not follow those instructions is when God himself gives other instructions as in the Old Testament. It you do not have other specific instructions from God himself, you are violating the instructions He has given. They aren't just suggestions, they are 'commandments'.
So you tell us what GOD 'DID MEAN' and why you refuse to follow His commandments.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
atemcowboy
Since this is part of apocolyptic writings, and is highly symbolic, and visionary, I think it would be hard to prove anything about this scripture, except anyone that follows the likes of the Hal Lindsey's interpretting our very finite views into this vast domain a vision(apocolyptic and prophetic)of scripture is very deceived, and in the end will be disillusioned from their view....
This being the case .
Perhaps it speaks more forcefully that it is Mary within the context of the whole Chapter. First because she is the Mother of Jesus as mentioned at the beginning of the Chapter.
Another aspect. Mary as the Mother of the Church. And also as she is our Mother, she is also our sister.
God in Je. a while fleeingnd since it ism prophecysus is our Father(if you have seen me, you have seen the Father), and Jesus is also our elder brother. Thus God is Father and brother. Mary can be our Mother(note she was at the beginning of the Church in Acts at Pentecost) and sister....
It would therefore be very difficult for you to seperate the Blessed Mary out of this verse....
looking at your latter statement, it isnt the least bit difficult for me to seperate mary out of this verse.

after the Day of pentecost, MARY IS NEVER MENTIONED AGAIN BY ANY WRITER. SO WHY SHOULD THIS BE AN EZCEPTION?

the Bible says this; no prophecy is of private interpretation: therefore it follows that neither you nor your church can claim this is referring to mary.and since this is prophecy, it stands to reason that mary and joseph had returned from Egypt many years ago, and since egypt is not ever Considered the Wilderness, your rational is very flawed. and since the woman flees into the wilderness, and the Bible is clear that the wilderness is close to the jordan river, and they never went there at any time, nor can you prove it.

and even tho, this is symbolic, it must agree with and harmonize with otehr part or parts of the Bible, and it does when you compare the dream of joseph and God tells us what that dream meant.

so I dont believe that I had a hard time proving what is actually meant.

I am not a false prophet like hal lindsay is. I dont bend the Bible to fit my thoughts and beleifs, as the rcc has done. my beliefs must agree with what thus saith the Lord or I am wrong.

"I feel obliged to say that this single verse could represent Eve, Mary, and the Church when it speaks of the woman"

be my guest but if you feel obliged to lie and be deceitful, what will it profit you.

first eve was dead, mary was dead, and the church(Born Again Believers) doesnt have to hide to stay alive. in fact. the Church will not be here during that time of Tribulation as every Christian knows.for it is written, God has not appointed us unto wrath. we , the church, will be safe and secure in a place that satan and this world can not harm us.

and If you robert get saved, you will not have to face this time either. and i can say that easily. if you were Saved, you wouldnt try and claim that this is mary.lol.

stop and think about it. If mary is the queen of heaven already, what in the world is she doing having to run from the devil.LOL

your words to me are foolish and unlearned, as much as you wish to be very knowlegable about His word.

AGAIN; IF SHE IS THE QUEEN OF HEAVEN, WHY IS SHE RUNNING FROM THE DEVIL.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

again, here is a word from that outdated KJV.

SOP.

and that is what I am getting ready to do with some bean soup and corn bread.

and you got to know how to do it. when it dribbles on your chin, you use your finger and take it off your chin and stick your finger in your mouth and lick it off, and if it drops down on your shirt(and it will) see above.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Does your church teach you how to survive armeggedon?
No, I am not worried about surviving Armeggedon because this world will be destroyed by fire....

We will NOT be coming back to live on this earth.....

And the saved will be living in heaven...

There WILL BE NO earthly reign...
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>The simple fact is that you do not understand what constitutes worship. You have no understanding of when your devotion crosses the line. And you most definately elevate Mary to a super human status far above any other human being.
Why do you chose to totally disregard the 2nd commandment and the prohibition of making images in the church.
If you insist that God didn't mean what He claearly said, then it is your obligation to tell us what you believe He did mean. Not to simply disregard the instructions.
The simple fact is that God did prohibit the use of icons and statues. The simple ONLY time we can not follow those instructions is when God himself gives other instructions as in the Old Testament. It you do not have other specific instructions from God himself, you are violating the instructions He has given. They aren't just suggestions, they are 'commandments'.
So you tell us what GOD 'DID MEAN' and why you refuse to follow His commandments.
I don't understand what worship is?
ah that's it. Maybe I have been worshiping that marble image and didn't know it!! not!

God clearly meant creating statues and worshiping them. He clearly meant putting images in place of Him as a deity. That is what would make Him jealous.

God did not mean we couldn't use our artistic ability to create an image to further Glorify HIM.

Like I said, this was all already explained to you.
Your opinion is set.

Now YOU need to start explaining your logic.

Why does an image of Christ in Marys arms make God Jealous?

Why do you accuse Catholics of worshiping it, even though we testify how crazy that is?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, I encourage you to keep proclaiming that 'Catholics worship Mary'.
This ridiculous accusation is bringing people out of your cult and into Catholicism.
It brought myself away from your doorstep and back into the Church because I recognized the lie and thanks be to God, I knew to steer clear of you guys..
You bought into the deception Clay the lies, they are promising something but can't deliever.
Don't build your house on the sands, the Rock of your salvation is Jesus Christ not Mary.
Your have had the True Gospel of Jesus Christ preached to you many times on here you have no excuse.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
Cont---
This prophecy could not have been fulfilled until after the rise of Britain and the United States as world powers in the 19th century and the formation of the Jewish state of Israel in the 20th.
Lest the idea seem outlandish, consider that Israel and the United States are perhaps the most maligned and criticized nations on earth. Among Muslim hard-liners, America is commonly called "the great Satan" and Israel and Britain "the little Satans."
I read this about 35 years ag. herbert armstrong had a book out called "america in prophecy".

but I disagree with this premise and ALL jews would disagree too. I spoke about my friend Atta, she is jewsih and comes from Russia. my friend Ed's family is also from Russia and he had had a DNA that shows that he is from the tribe of Levi. if that link was true(and most of it is), Ed would not have that DNA from one of those Lost tribes.

I agree that there are many jews in America(almost as many if not more than is in Israel), but they know they are Jewish.

in Israel, is a very noted person by the name of Fruend. now that name is a spelling of the english name of Friend, which is my family tree, and I am not Jewish, nor were my family members.

lastly, when it is time, the Bible says that God will go to the four corners and bring His Children home, the church is not in the gathering since we have already been gathered, therefore it can not be people living in England and America
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
again, here is a word from that outdated KJV.
SOP.
and that is what I am getting ready to do with some bean soup and corn bread.
and you got to know how to do it. when it dribbles on your chin, you use your finger and take it off your chin and stick your finger in your mouth and lick it off, and if it drops down on your shirt(and it will) see above.
I know you lick it off.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Jethro, I had a choice about being baptized....
I was so sorry about my sins in my life that I cried....I knew that I had to make it right with God....
Yes, Jethro, I am very happy about my life time commitment to God.....
Three WONDERFUL things happened in my life....
#1 - being baptized into the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.....
#2 - marrying my WONDERFUL wife....
#3 - watching our three children being born and raising them to be GREAT citizens and WONDERFUL Christian men and woman....
ok you say christian men and women,so your not catholic??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to post the contradiction to prove your point.
But this is the route you took, I merely asked you to tell us the role of your church in tribulation time and you decided to skid all the way to your point of the ever increasing number of denominations.
Post the question to cowboy and I'll prove to you that the interpretation we have is the same.
If HOJO asked me, I would be obligated to tell him the truth, and at that time, he might reconsider and add me to that list of people on here that he doesnt like.lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 400,041 - 400,060 of530,180
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••