Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,329
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Nov 08

usa

#415223 Jan 13, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Jethro, I had a choice about being baptized....
I was so sorry about my sins in my life that I cried....I knew that I had to make it right with God....
Yes, Jethro, I am very happy about my life time commitment to God.....
Three WONDERFUL things happened in my life....
#1 - being baptized into the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.....
#2 - marrying my WONDERFUL wife....
#3 - watching our three children being born and raising them to be GREAT citizens and WONDERFUL Christian men and woman....
ok you say christian men and women,so your not catholic??

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#415224 Jan 13, 2013
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to post the contradiction to prove your point.
But this is the route you took, I merely asked you to tell us the role of your church in tribulation time and you decided to skid all the way to your point of the ever increasing number of denominations.
Post the question to cowboy and I'll prove to you that the interpretation we have is the same.
If HOJO asked me, I would be obligated to tell him the truth, and at that time, he might reconsider and add me to that list of people on here that he doesnt like.lol
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415225 Jan 13, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> The trinity is not found in the Bible. The word trinity is not even in the Bible. Do you what the theme of the Bible is?
And neither is JW in the bible....

2 Corinthians 13:14

14 May the [[[grace of the Lord Jesus Christ,]]] and the [[[love of God,]]] and the [[[fellowship of the Holy Spirit]]] be with you all.

Grace of the Lord Jesus Christ.....

Love of God.....

Fellowship of the Holy Spirit.....

Location hidden

#415226 Jan 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you lick it off.
Yep, and I just did.lol.

you cant sop bean soup without getting it on your chin
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#415227 Jan 13, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
14 May the [[[grace of the Lord Jesus Christ,]]] and the [[[love of God,]]] and the [[[fellowship of the Holy Spirit]]] be with you all.
Love of God.....
Have you checked out the King James Bible it restored Jehovah's name almost 7000 times. We all know satan wants God's named blocked but its not going to happend. You will hear about his name whether it makes you cringe or not.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#415228 Jan 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Catholic Church is not the one started by Christ, then which one of you 42,000 are?
This is very very important LTM, because Jesus clearly started a Church that He promised to protect from the gates of Hell. Thus, the Apostles clearly started a Church and those they ordained wrote much about Bishops, Priests and Deacons and the Magistrium that was started by the Apostles.
So, where did this Church that Christ promised to be with til the end of the world, go?
please answer
NONE : of the 42,000 earthy church are the true church of Christ.
that said I believe a realm of God's true church sits in every denomination .
You don't get it Clay , God's church is a denomination, or is it swayed by every doctrine, it is taught and lead by the Holy Spirit.
God reigns from Heaven on earth.
He sees all and knows all.

usa

#415229 Jan 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
No answers LOL
I think she is upset because i do not care for her religion,and being an honest person,i had to say/speak the truth on how i feel about jehovahs,nothing personal against her,like i said she is probably a great person,but i don't agree with her religious beliefs,espeacially when people are allowed to die needlessly in a belief that can not be 100% proven it is true.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#415230 Jan 13, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Love of God.....
When you get some extra $$ invest in a Bible that hasn't beem tampered with by satan. One with the original writtings of the scrolls.

usa

#415231 Jan 13, 2013
anyone watch the seahawks-falcons game?? it was a great one,falcons were very lucky to walk away with a win.

usa

#415232 Jan 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>jethro, what clay saidd to you was true.
avie was speaking about me and to me. she seems to think that because I call her church a satanic cult, that is being nasty.
I call it the truth.
she doesnt like it because I speak anout my no good nephew who wont even visit him mom nor help to take care of her. and her other son died last year of Liver problems, so except for cathie, she has no one else to help her.
and the Bible speaks very clearly about not helping and taking care of widows and orphans
then in that case if you call someone elses religion names,then you should not get upset when someone trash talks your beliefs,if what you say is what you call "the truth".
LTM

#415233 Jan 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
NONE : of the 42,000 earthy church are the true church of Christ.
that said I believe a realm of God's true church sits in every denomination .
You don't get it Clay , God's church is a denomination, or is it swayed by every doctrine, it is taught and lead by the Holy Spirit.
God reigns from Heaven on earth.
He sees all and knows all.
Sorry retractions I said [God's church is a denomination]

I meant to say isn't a denomination.

Location hidden

#415234 Jan 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Catholic Church is not the one started by Christ, then which one of you 42,000 are?
This is very very important LTM, because Jesus clearly started a Church that He promised to protect from the gates of Hell. Thus, the Apostles clearly started a Church and those they ordained wrote much about Bishops, Priests and Deacons and the Magistrium that was started by the Apostles.
So, where did this Church that Christ promised to be with til the end of the world, go?
please answer
Clay we are still here, you just dont wish to join us.

when Jesus said you must repent and be Born Again, so the person that does that is now part of His church.

nothing else is required or asked of you than that.Avie asked me what the "theme" of the bible is because she thought that I wouldnt know,and in fact she didnt know until I told her.

from Genesis through Revelation, there is a Scarlet thread, and that is Blood. it took the shedding of Blood for adam and eve to be covered.

it takes the same shed Blood of Jesus to cover our sins. the sprinkling of warer will not and can not do that. Only His Blood.

BTW, I have always preferred to preach out of the OT. once when i was first starting, my pastor spoke about how young ministers wouldnt Preach out of Psalms. so when I got up to preach(with knees knocking) I told the church to turn to Psalms and I Preached that morning about the kine in Basham
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#415235 Jan 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand what worship is?
Anti-Catholic Protestants like 4GVN don't have any logic!
It is all based upon vengeance, animosity and (ingrained) vindictiveness toward the Catholic Church and the fact that "each Protestant" is (all over the place) when it comes to rationalism and (in particular) when it comes to the TRUTH of Church History and the TRUE interpretation of Sacred Scripture...All bible only (rationale) is predicated and supported by a "pyramid of bible verses" that is based upon "relative truth".(what each person thinks is truth--becomes the truth for them). This is why there continues to be a growing list (each day) over 42,000+ inconsistent) Protestant denominations) As one bible verse (what I think) interpretation after another is disproved, the Protestant "pyramid" begins to "crumble" and it leads to another denomination of "relative truth" which has little or no truth at all.. BEEN THERE!! DONE THAT!!--for over 35 years! This is why, it is a "total waste of time" to play the Protestant "question and answer"--merry-go-round-- circus (game) with ANY of them! Protestants are not here to learn "anything" about the TRUTH of the Catholic faith--- except to spread their anti-catholic "heretical bible only distortion,condemnation, judgement and vengeance against the Historical and Biblical TRUTH of our PROVEN Catholic Faith and against Jesus Christ HIMSELF manifested in His One True Apostolic Catholic Church. God is not, has never been and will never be the author of Protestant "relative truth" (half-truth, half-heresy) Christianity that is "infected" by confusion and chaos!!

Location hidden

#415236 Jan 13, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>then in that case if you call someone elses religion names,then you should not get upset when someone trash talks your beliefs,if what you say is what you call "the truth".
I give my opinion based on my Biblical knowledge, and it is up to you or anyone else to accept it or reject it.

I am not responsible if you accept it and get saved, and I am not responsible if you choose to not accept His Mercy on your soul.

it all lays on your shoulders not mine.my shoulders are not broad enough to bear your sins and others.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#415237 Jan 13, 2013
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>you will like this, may have to do 2 replys.
It is VERY strict. You would have more freedom going to jail.
Become a Jehovah's Witness and you can't...
Celebrate Mother's Day,Father's Day, Grandparent's Day
Birthdays Thanksgiving New Year's Eve or Day Christmas Halloween Easter Flag Day Independence Day (Fourth of July) Hanukkah St. Patrick's Day Valentine's Day
"Any" Holiday Sing any Holiday Songs Eat Turkey on Thanksgiving Create Holiday artwork in school
Join the Boy ScoutsJoin the Girl Scouts Buy Girl Scout Cookies Become a Cheerleader Attend class reunions (No "Worldly" association) Go to the school prom
Play School Sports (No competition allowed) Play
Professional Sports
Join any organization that has ties to Christianity
Shop at the Salvation Army Volunteer for the Salvation Army
Donate to Relief Organizations like the Red Cross, Salvation Army, Charities and more Shop at Church run thrift stores
Shop at Church Garage Sales Shop at any Store that has Christian ties Contribute to the Red Cross Attend a Church School
Join the YMCA Join the MilitaryBecome a Police Officer
Attend Alcoholics Anonymous Have any job with a gun
Strike against a Company Salute the Flag
Can't Stand at Public Events while others are Standing to salute the Flag Sing the National Anthem Go to War
Wear Clothing Associated with War; e.g. Combats or Army Tops Learn karate Vote (Conscience matter now to please Governments, you will be ostracized if you do)
Run for any Public Office Campaign for a Candidate
Contribute to the Presidential Campaign Fund on your tax return Can join union, but not participate in its affairs
Run for class president Join Sororities or Fraternities
Participate in holiday parties at school
Buy lottery tickets Gamble Play Bingo Can't buy a raffle ticket Date without supervision - young or old Watch R rated movies Cannot work on another Church if it's a regular customer Own a religious picture or statue Smoke cigarettes, pipes or a cigars Sell cigarettes, pipes or a cigars Accept Blood Donate Blood Store your own blood before an operation
Wear blue jeans or casual clothes to the Kingdom Hall
Wear pants to the Kingdom Hall if you are a female
Wear skirts or dresses that are above the knee at any time
Wear any type of long hair if you are a man
Wear a beard in some Kingdom Halls and areas (judged hard) Pierce ears if male, other body parts if female
Have any tattoos Say curse words Can't be hypnotized
Get divorced unless scriptural (adultery or fornication is committed by one partner) if you do divorce cannot remarry unless ex fornicates first Toast drinks (pagan origin)
Throw rice at a wedding (pagan origin) Say "Bless You" when someone sneezes Say "Good Luck!", "Wish me Luck", "I was Lucky" or "You were Lucky"
Tell ghost stories Practice Yoga Own a Smurf Eat Lucky Charms Cereal (References to Magical)
Throw a penny into a wishing well Read Horoscopes Promote anything Superstitious
Have wind charms because they represent a pagan symbol for scaring away demons
One of the JW's told me that they don't celebrate Thanksgiving.
She said a neighbor brought her some turkey on Thanksgiving day and that she accepted it.

One would think that they would not be allowed to accept it because it was part of Thanksgiving.

Location hidden

#415238 Jan 13, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> When you get some extra $$ invest in a Bible that hasn't beem tampered with by satan. One with the original writtings of the scrolls.
let me challenge you on the Bible. go get you a Jewish masoretic Holy Scripture, and compare it to your version(aint about to call it a Bible), then compare it to a KJV.

the Masoretic texxt and teh KJV are almost identical which is why old steiner gave it back to me pretty quick(as i knew that he would). you flakes arent allowed to know the truth.
LTM

#415239 Jan 13, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I think she is upset because i do not care for her religion,and being an honest person,i had to say/speak the truth on how i feel about jehovahs,nothing personal against her,like i said she is probably a great person,but i don't agree with her religious beliefs,espeacially when people are allowed to die needlessly in a belief that can not be 100% proven it is true.
she isn't even spell right God's name has no vowels , if she was to be honest she has no knowledge at all.

Well to be honest I lost a sister to blood transfusion she got tinted blood.
She got Hepatitis C , suffered 15 years before she past on.
In 1985 I had an operation, I had to be tested for a year or more
For H-C and HIV, scary time.
H-C can lay dorment for years before it will raise its ugly head many people could be walking around with it and don't know it.
If I was going to have an operation now I would get the Doctor to take several pints from me before hand.
They will do that now over a period of a couple of months, they like me at the blood bank I have O positive I can give my blood to anyone.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#415240 Jan 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Clay we are still here, you just dont wish to join us.
when Jesus said you must repent and be Born Again, so the person that does that is now part of His church.
nothing else is required or asked of you than that.Avie asked me what the "theme" of the bible is because she thought that I wouldnt know,and in fact she didnt know until I told her.
from Genesis through Revelation, there is a Scarlet thread, and that is Blood. it took the shedding of Blood for adam and eve to be covered.
it takes the same shed Blood of Jesus to cover our sins. the sprinkling of warer will not and can not do that. Only His Blood.
BTW, I have always preferred to preach out of the OT. once when i was first starting, my pastor spoke about how young ministers wouldnt Preach out of Psalms. so when I got up to preach(with knees knocking) I told the church to turn to Psalms and I Preached that morning about the kine in Basham
You told me? Sorry I missed your post I was enjoying some yummy garlic bread.

Have you made the peace with your nephew or are you still bitterly angy at him? You know what Jehovah says: if you cannot forgive others he will not forgive you.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#415241 Jan 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>let me challenge you on the Bible. go get you a Jewish masoretic Holy Scripture, and compare it to your version(aint about to call it a Bible), then compare it to a KJV.
the Masoretic texxt and teh KJV are almost identical which is why old steiner gave it back to me pretty quick(as i knew that he would). you flakes arent allowed to know the truth.
Hi Preston! Hold on a sec. Don't want to get spaghetti sauce on my cute top?:oD

usa

#415242 Jan 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get to decide what Catholics believe. I see allot of finger pointing towards us; people telling us what we believe instead of asking us. How many posts start out,'Catholics think that...
Catholics believe in ... Catholicism is..'
you guys hate what you think is the Catholic Church, not what IS the Catholic Church.
what i say about catholics are based on their man made pagan/christian traditions,what they/you believe in is found nowhere in the bible/scriptures,catholocism is a baby religion it's only 2000 yrs old,and created by a pagan emporer and about 100 learned men. who put the two religions together to keep the people of the empire happy. don't understand why it's so hard to understand with people,it is not gods/jesus' church or religion.there's plenty of history to prove it and nothing that states otherwise.there is not one passage anywhere in the bible or scriptures where jesus says his church is the catholic church,only man says that.and that is meaningless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 14 min Mr Sir 8,694
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 18 hr Cat74 11
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 20 hr kent 83,896
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Thu Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Thu Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Wed cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web