Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,666
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#415111 Jan 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't explain any verses to you. I am not an authority on sacred scripture and neither are you.
But we BOTH can go to the Church that put that verse in the Bible and ask them why its there!
If I was you, I wouldn't be reading to much into Revelation. Much of it isn't clear to us. The first Protestants sought to have that book removed from the Bible.
If they succeeded, we probably wouldn't have JWs today.
Much of the Book of Revelation has to do with the Catholic Mass. John was mystically seeing how Heaven meets Earth when the Lamb of God (Jesus) is sacrificed.
Only recently have groups claimed the Book is all about the Apocalypse. Well, its not.
The Whore of Babylon already came and gone shortly after John wrote the Book. I, AND IT SI t was Emperor Nero and he destroyed Jerusalem and killed Peter and Paul in Rome along with thousands of innocent Christians. He almost wiped out all traces of Christianity...
I dont know what you would consider an authority but here goes.

12:14 But the woman was given the two wings of a giant eagle so that she could fly out into the {wilderness}, to the place God prepared for her, where she is taken care of away from the presence of the serpent for a time, times, and half a time.

this word wilderness is a place that this woman is going to flee to(future}. now go back and read about Jesus and how the Spirit drove Him into the wilderness. this wilderness is NOT EGYPT, where joseph and mary had to flee to.it is beleived to be east of the river jordan, wher the Bible says that john Preached.Matthew 3:1.

so there is ONE example that it doesnt mean mary.

time, times, and half a time.

theses words are meaning years.

one year; times =two years; half a time=6 months total 3 and 1/2 years.

and this certainly is not the time that mary and joseph were in egypt, since the Bible doesnt give this info.

but this does correspond to the time that in the tribulation that Israel will be haunted by the devil and all of the nations of the world.

guess I aint an authority according to you, but I aint no dummy and I can add and figger.lol

{If I was you, I wouldn't be reading to much into Revelation. Much of it isn't clear to us.}

sorry, but it may be unclear to you and other catholics, but for me, i have never had any problem understanding it.

guess that you never read my earlier post that when I began to pray, the spirit of the Lord fell on me and I was able to understand and teach His Word. that happens and that is in agreement with what the bible says about the Holy Ghost helping our memory and givng us a perfect understanding.

and you are incorrect when you say that the "whore of baylon" came and went.Nero (15 December 37 9 June 68) was Roman Emperor from 54 to 68,while Most modern scholars believe teh book of revelation was written around 95 AD, with some believing it dates from around 70 AD.either 70 Ad or 95 Ad are both after nero burning rome, so you are completely WRONG.

NOTHING IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION HAS ONE IOTA TO DO WITH YOUR CATHOLIC MASS, AND IT IS A LIE TO INSINUATE THAT JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE IN THAT AREA DRANK WINE AND ATE BREAD, THIS REFERS TO YOUR RITUAL.

look at the area. it is arid to semi arid, which means that there is a dearth of potable water(still true to day and a very big problem today) so they would drink wine in place of water.

and people were poor back then so bread was a staple of their diet.

use some common sense and figure it out for yourself.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#415112 Jan 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I am daring any of them to prove this woman is mary, and to a person with some knowledge of the bible, it is clear that John was not writing about her.
this chapter deals with the History of Israel, and nothing else.
and that one verse Proves it.lol
Well I can't wait till tomorrow, I a headed to bed right now.

Location hidden

#415113 Jan 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Scriptures of God are a lamp unto my feet, I am not bi anything. I have trouble with my eyes It is late and I am tired.
I am not on here this long usually I pace my self.
I did inlarger my fonts but some else used my computer and changed them.
I will make sure I post to someone more intelligent in the future.
I am having problems with my eyes also. I am using 150% instead of tje 100% that I used to use.

in November, I had my eyes checked and the doctor said that i am starting to get cataracts. I know that it seems like I was seeing a cloud in the house.

Location hidden

#415114 Jan 12, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Intelligent people don't snap and get upset when a family member is trying to comfort them with beautiul scriptures. Sounds like you might be bipolar.
lol, do some activity on your eyes and your brain.

he said my dad was asleep, as in soul sleep, that isnt Scripture,according to jesus who told us about the rich man,
truth

Perth, Australia

#415115 Jan 12, 2013
you calculated as well you serving your bos who is what?hi hi hi
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#415116 Jan 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
lETS SEE ALL OF YOUR EARLY LEADERS HAVE MADE WRONG DOOSDAY PREDICTIONS ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE ANOTHER ONE AVIELA.
SURVIVE ARMEGGEDON , NOW WHERE DID I HEAR THAT BEFORE OH YES MORMONS BELIEVE THAT.
I MET A FORMER J W PASTOR IN MY YOUNGER DAYS HE TOLD ME MAY THINGS ABOUT YOUR CHURCH, AND WHY HE LEFT.
THE BIBLE DIDN'T GO ALONG WITH WHAT THE JW TAUGHT. I believe JW is a spin off of the catholic church , is it not.
I will have to check that out for myself.
Exorcizamus te, omnis immunde spiritus, omni satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis legio, omnis congregatio et secta diabolica, in nomini et virtute Domini nostri Jesu Christi, eradicare et effugare a Dei Ecclesia, ab animabus ad imaginem Dei conditis ac pretioso divini Agni sanguini redemptis.

Exorcizo te, immunde spiritus, in nomine Dei Patris omnipotentis, et in nomine domini nostri, Iesu Christi, et in nomine Spiritus Sancti.
truth

Perth, Australia

#415117 Jan 12, 2013
did you looking from street..boy..what you want..you can't have what ever and so ever..its not Israel how you express yourself..
it is who is real.

now you are liar who try investigated..about what..throne which not belong to others as well not created from who posses..possessor are not Creator..byyyyyyyyyy
LTM

#415118 Jan 12, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Were in these scriptures do you get the trinity? Hold on to that thought. I'm going to the gym to work on my fitness. When I get home later tonight let's break each scripture down. None of these scriptures support the trinity. The father is Jehovah, the son is Jesus and the holy spirit is God's active force.
The Father is one person, the Son is another person, and the Holy Spirit is another Person ,{The Holy Trinity} 3 people in One Holy Righteous God. Tomorrow bedtime for this old girl.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#415119 Jan 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I dont know what you would consider an authority but here goes.
12:14 But the woman was given the two wings of a giant eagle so that she could fly out into the {wilderness}, to the place God prepared for her, where she is taken care of away from the presence of the serpent for a time, times, and half a time.
this word wilderness is a place that this woman is going to flee to(future}. now go back and read about Jesus and how the Spirit drove Him into the wilderness. this wilderness is NOT EGYPT, where joseph and mary had to flee to.it is beleived to be east of the river jordan, wher the Bible says that john Preached.Matthew 3:1.
so there is ONE example that it doesnt mean mary.
time, times, and half a time.
theses words are meaning years.
one year; times =two years; half a time=6 months total 3 and 1/2 years.
and this certainly is not the time that mary and joseph were in egypt, since the Bible doesnt give this info.
but this does correspond to the time that in the tribulation that Israel will be haunted by the devil and all of the nations of the world.
guess I aint an authority according to you, but I aint no dummy and I can add and figger.lol
{If I was you, I wouldn't be reading to much into Revelation. Much of it isn't clear to us.}
sorry, but it may be unclear to you and other catholics, but for me, i have never had any problem understanding it.
guess that you never read my earlier post that when I began to pray, the spirit of the Lord fell on me and I was able to understand and teach His Word. that happens and that is in agreement with what the bible says about the Holy Ghost helping our memory and givng us a perfect understanding.
and you are incorrect when you say that the "whore of baylon" came and went.Nero (15 December 37 9 June 68) was Roman Emperor from 54 to 68,while Most modern scholars believe teh book of revelation was written around 95 AD, with some believing it dates from around 70 AD.either 70 Ad or 95 Ad are both after nero burning rome, so you are completely WRONG.
NOTHING IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION HAS ONE IOTA TO DO WITH YOUR CATHOLIC MASS, AND IT IS A LIE TO INSINUATE THAT JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE IN THAT AREA DRANK WINE AND ATE BREAD, THIS REFERS TO YOUR RITUAL.
look at the area. it is arid to semi arid, which means that there is a dearth of potable water(still true to day and a very big problem today) so they would drink wine in place of water.
and people were poor back then so bread was a staple of their diet.
use some common sense and figure it out for yourself.
Sounds like the person(s) who wrote Revelations had taken a strong dose of Haldol
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#415120 Jan 12, 2013
Rev 12: 1-5: A great and wondrous sign appeared in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth. Then another sign appeared in heaven; an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads. His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth so that he might devour her child the moment it was born. She gave birth to a son, a male child, who will rule all the nations with an iron sceptre. And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne.

I once read this passage to a group of born-again fundamentalists who had not been pre-prepared with an acceptable Protestant "interpretation". Their reaction? A shocked "but that's Mary!" It was quite obvious to all of them.

However Protestant Bible scholars, realising the implications of recognising the figure here to be Mary often simply just deny it. For some reason fundamentalist Protestants looking for a female image in Revelation, prefer the scarlet woman of Revelation 17. Revelation 12 makes them squirm, and they strain to find another interpretation. The main two are:

1. The Woman in this Passage represents the Church. The twelve stars are the twelve Apostles.

2. The Woman represents Israel. The stars are the twelve tribes.

BOTH INTERPRETATIONS SUFFER FROM SEVERAL MAJOR FLAWS.

1st. If the Woman is taken to represent the Church, then we face the immediate paradox of the Church giving birth to Jesus! This is clearly nonsense.

2nd If the Woman is taken as Israel, we have an exalted Israel. Yet Israel was not exalted at the time of Jesus's birth. Most of Israel was astray.

3rd. Neither interpretation is a simple, literal reading of the text. If Protestant scholars have agreed on one thing it is that we must look for the clear, obvious interpretation of a bible text. Who is the woman who gave birth to Jesus? Jesus's Mother. Simple.

4th. Both alternative interpretations are contextually wrong. For all the other figures in this passage represent individuals, not ideas or classes of people. The Child is clearly Jesus, the Dragon is clearly Satan, each star swept out of the sky is one of the rebel angels who followed Satan. Later in the passage, we find Michael and his angels, and also the Beast - the Antichrist. The Woman is the only figure in the passage who, according to some, is not the individual stated in the text, but a collective representation.

5th. Conversely, when Israel, Christians or the Church appear elsewhere in Revelation, they do not appear as personifications. They appear in literal form, as groups of individuals. See Rev 7.4: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel; Rev 7.9:..a great multitude that no-one could count...; Rev 12.17:..the rest of her offspring - those who obey God's commandments.... Even where the Church appears as the Bride of Christ, and a female personification would be expected, we do not get one. Instead of appearing as a woman, the Church appears as a City - the new Jerusalem. Rev 21: 9-10.

6th. If there is any doubt as to what a symbolic personage in Revelation might represent, or if a veiled meaning is intended, that meaning is immediately explained in the text. The Lamb is defined as the Lord of Lords, the Dragon is Satan. The Heads of the Beast are Kings. However no such explanation is given with respect to the Woman, underlining that the obvious meaning is the one that is intended.

(Con't)
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#415121 Jan 12, 2013
7th. If we look at the reference to the Sun, Moon and Stars in this passage, we can compare it with Joseph's dream in Genesis, which so angered his brothers. In the dream the Sun, Moon and Stars represented his father, Isaac, his mother, and his eleven brothers. Together with Joseph, this gives us the total of 12 stars which appear in the Revelation vision. Since Joseph and his brothers were the forebears of Israel, the Sun, Moon and stars can indeed be taken to represent Israel. BUT in Revelation the Sun, Moon and Stars are not the subjects of the Vision. They instead form the adornments of the woman. This indicates that although the Woman is linked with Israel, she is quite clearly NOT Israel.

8th. The Woman of Revelation 12 is introduced as a great sign in Heaven. Where else in the bible can we see a Woman announced as a great sign. Look at Isaiah 7:14 "Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son." We can see that this is exactly the same sign as in Revelation 12, confirming that the Woman in both occurrences is Mary.

THE ONE WHO FITS PERFECTLY

It is possible that there are subsidiary meanings to the figure of the Woman - as there are to some other figures in Revelation. But the obvious primary meaning - that the woman giving birth to Jesus is actually Jesus' mother - must be accepted. The only reason that Protestant scholars fight so hard against it, is that it conflicts with their deep-seated anti-Mary bias.

Subsidiary meanings then fit in and harmonize. Mary, although Mother of Jesus is also part of the church and Mother of all Christians (Rev 12:17). Hence the 12 stars representing the twelve apostles. Mary is also true Daughter of Israel and of the royal line of David. The twelve stars therefore also represent the twelve tribes of Israel. Mary thus forms a key transition, and link, between Israel and the Church. Neither of the Protestant interpretations fully links the parenthood of Jesus, the parenthood of Christians, the twelve Apostles and the twelve tribes. Only Mary fulfills all the requirements of this passage.
http://www.ourladyweb.com/mary-defended.html
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#415124 Jan 12, 2013
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on he Bible give your opinion. You claimed to have mastered it for some 8 years. Am I wrong?
Afraid you might say the wrong thing?
Again---why don't you ask your other 42,000+ Protestant, inconsistent, contradiction and conflicting denominations. Each one will give their own distorted "personal opinionated hodge-podge" of (mis-interpretation) and "spin" of each bible verse.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#415122 Jan 12, 2013
Aviela wrote:
LOL! You folks trip me out. You yell, scream get your stockings in a bunch. You're mad at witnesses but you don't even know why. Do you ever sit and wonder what makes you so angry?
lol. Thats because you're using sola scripture to debunk their sola scripture.
They can't say Jack squat about your interpretations, because you have every bit of a 'right' as them to interpret the Bible how you see it, under the false doctrine of private interpretation and scripture alone.
LTM

#415123 Jan 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I am having problems with my eyes also. I am using 150% instead of tje 100% that I used to use.
in November, I had my eyes checked and the doctor said that i am starting to get cataracts. I know that it seems like I was seeing a cloud in the house.
I don't know what is going on Preston the other day I was on here and I lost complete focus, I was seeing 3 of everything .
I think the tumor which is on the front lobe left side has cross over to the other half. Its suppose to be stable, but if I turn to fast or bend over I lose my balance, I have passed right out .
I get so dizzy it makes me sick to my stomach, I am going for an MRI they won't remove it because it is laying on the big blood vessel down the centre of the brain. Its not cancer but it is causing me problems. I am taking seizers now sometimes 3-4 a day. I can feel them coming on .
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#415125 Jan 12, 2013
When people get married and they say the two become one flesh. Does that mean they become one person? No what it means they are 2 separate beings but are united in the commitment of marriage and are together in all things, united together as one. Same as Jesus and Jehovah. They are two separate beings but are united together as one. In all things. Same thoughts same goals..etc.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#415126 Jan 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Father is one person, the Son is another person, and the Holy Spirit is another Person ,{The Holy Trinity} 3 people in One Holy Righteous God. Tomorrow bedtime for this old girl.
I was never good in math but 3 does not equal 1. At least I know that much:oD

G'nite~
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#415127 Jan 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. Thats because you're using sola scripture to debunk their sola scripture.
They can't say Jack squat about your interpretations, because you have every bit of a 'right' as them to interpret the Bible how you see it, under the false doctrine of private interpretation and scripture alone.
Oh Clay, you seem like a nice guy. Please don't tell me you're going to run off with the trinity monster. I mean the thing has 3 heads. Aren't you scared?..hehe

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#415128 Jan 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what is going on Preston the other day I was on here and I lost complete focus, I was seeing 3 of everything .
I think the tumor which is on the front lobe left side has cross over to the other half. Its suppose to be stable, but if I turn to fast or bend over I lose my balance, I have passed right out .
I get so dizzy it makes me sick to my stomach, I am going for an MRI they won't remove it because it is laying on the big blood vessel down the centre of the brain. Its not cancer but it is causing me problems. I am taking seizers now sometimes 3-4 a day. I can feel them coming on .
LTM - I am so sorry to hear that! I hope you improve.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#415129 Jan 12, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I was never good in math but 3 does not equal 1. At least I know that much:oD
G'nite~
Same here, Aviela :)
truth

Perth, Australia

#415130 Jan 12, 2013
Who is widow?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey 2 hr Serkan Turkbayram 6
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Mon Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE