Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
399,901 - 399,920 of 532,393 Comments Last updated 16 min ago

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Preston,
I can't tell you how happy that I am for your son....sounds like he is doing a wonderful job and I know that you are VERY proud of him.....
Hopefully. somewhere, he can get some MEAT....as in where's the BEEF....lol.....I love vegetables but I, too, need a little meat...
Pale skin and blue eyes....yea, they will go crazy over that combination.....you might get a daughter-in-law out of all of this....lol....
Oh my, Cathie will get over there and might not want to come back....I have always wanted to go and visit China just for a little stay....maybe one day my wife and I can do that....
I can tell that you are a PROUD Daddy....lol...
in some ways, I am very proud of him, but he has hurt a young lady that loved him very much, and one that our family had come to care very much for.

so for that reason, I call him a big dummy. a woman that loves a man is a rare jewel and not to be tossed aside, and some day, he might wish that he had listened to dad.

and bessides that, regie wanted me to have little catholic babies running around
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

August 18, 2012.( Romereports.com ) Rome has more obelisks than any other city in the world. There are thirteen of these tall monuments that help make up the history of ancient Rome. One of the most well known, stands in the middle of St. Peter's Square, measuring 82 feet tall and weighing 320 tons.

This obelisk was originally made in Egypt and transported to Rome in the year 37 AD by the Emperor Caligula. He then had it placed in the Circus of Nero. The Vatican obelisk remembers the martyrdom of many saints, but in particular the martyrdom of St. Peter.

In 1586 Pope Sixtus V decided to move it in front of St. Peter's Basilica.

At the top of the obelisk, there was originally a bronze sphere, which according to medieval legend, contained the remains of Julius Caesar. However, Pope Alexander VII replaced it with a cross that sits above a star.
http://www.romereports.com/palio/the-vatican-...
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, I remember talking about this with you , The post you are talking about was talking about what was in Rev, about the Harlot of Babylon , is not Mary. Its your church Rev 17
You think the lady with the 12 stars above her head is MAry, its not its referring to the 12 tribes of Israel.
No this was a different post.

You're saying the woman in revelation- a Queen with a crown who bore a child - is Israel?

Interesting. Could you tell me when this dogma was revealed to you and when?
I think the Apostle John was seeing the Blessed Mother in Heaven.
Also, series of miraculous appearances by her in different parts of the world seem to validate this. Guadalupe, Lourdes, Fatima and possibly Medjugorje to name a few. A careful study of those events would reveal the evidence we all are looking for..
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>looks like you are playing that card too?lol
I aint gonna agree with the devil, just like I dont agree with mike and his buddy.
The Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses
1. Both the Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses believe that they are the one true church.
2. The Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses have one church leader. The Roman Catholic Church has the Pope whom they claim is an apostolic succession from Peter who "holds the keys to heaven". The Jehovah's Witnesses have the President who rules with an iron hand.
3. The Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses believe that their baptism in necessary for salvation. The Roman Catholic Church is born again not by their faith but through water initiation into the Roman Catholic Church. The Jehovah's Witness is baptized into the organization after a period of study, knocking on doors, attending meeting and answering questions. After proving their loyalty, they are then baptized in the name of the Jehovah's Witnesses and must submit to them only.
4. The Roman Catholic Church and Jehovah's Witnesses base their salvation on a complicated system of works and deny salvation by faith alone.
5. Both Christian cults deny the Biblical view of the Atonement. The Roman Catholic church doctrine dictates that one must go to Purgatory to have his sins purged, Jesus just paved the way. The Jehovah's Witnesses are much like the Roman Catholics in their teachings. Jesus paved the way to salvation but we must earn it through our works.
6. The Roman Catholic Church claims visions and apparitions in an effort to add false doctrine. The Jehovah's Witness founder, Charles Taze Russell was considered a prophet and "the Laodicean Messenger". The Watchtower Society claims that God used angels to communicate with their organization.
7. The Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses believe the Bible cannot be understood today without their interpretation.
8. The Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses forbid the use of the Bible alone.
9.*The Jehovah's Witnesses used Jesuits and Roman Catholic manuscripts to aid in the translation of the New World Translation.
10. Both the Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses have a history of sexual abuse and child molestation activity in their organization.
11. Both church organizations believe that leaving their church will result in eternal damnation.
12. The Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses were in secret support of Hitler and the hatred for the Jews.
13. The Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses base some of their doctrine on pagan traditions. For The Roman Catholic Church the traditions of a goddess, rosary, pope, relics, purgatory, transubstantiation (Egyptian sun god), praying to dead people, and idol worship are all based on paganism. The Jehovah's Witnesses included a symbol of the Egyptian sun god, the zodiac sign, and pyramidology in it's doctrinal structure and teachings.
14. The Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses have changed Bible verses to teach their doctrine.
The Roman Catholic Church formed it's changes in the Vulgate:
http://www.angelfire.com/de/knowledgeoftruth/...
Now Preston, there was more than a few falsehoods you posted above. I can't speak for the J Dubs though.
You have things misrepresented about Catholicism however.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly would agree with any protestant doctrine over a Jw or SDA. But you have to admit Preston,'trinity' is not explicitly found in scripture.
a true sola scripturist technically can't believe it. Am I wrong? Wouldn't it take an Earthly authority to determine such a dogma? Well, that would be outside of scripture then.
I disagree with your assumption that the "trinity" is not found in the Bible. of course it is.

And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

In this verse alone, we find the "trinity" as has been stated a zillion times for those who wish to exploit our doctrine about one little word.

here we see that John talking about God sending him, and God told him that he would see the Holy Ghost fall on the Messiah and Jesus himself being Baptised and to further prove the Trinty is a true doctrine and FACT.John "hears" the voice of God speak highly of His Son.contrary to what the cult of jws think, teach and beleive.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No this was a different post.
You're saying the woman in revelation- a Queen with a crown who bore a child - is Israel?
Interesting. Could you tell me when this dogma was revealed to you and when?
I think the Apostle John was seeing the Blessed Mother in Heaven.
Also, series of miraculous appearances by her in different parts of the world seem to validate this. Guadalupe, Lourdes, Fatima and possibly Medjugorje to name a few. A careful study of those events would reveal the evidence we all are looking for..
it isnt dogma at all, it is fact discerned by the Dream that joseph had concerning the stars which God revealed to him representing his brothers(IE: the tribes of Israel).

Mary never gave us Jesus, and to say otherwise disagrees with the word of God, you do know that dont you.

John wasnt caring one bit about mary, she was dead and gone, his concern was about what Jesus was showing him, nothing more..

what evidence are you looking for? when jesus said "it is finished", what more does a person need?

for it is written, we walk after faith, not by sight. so these alleged sightings mean absolute nothing to a Christian.

I saw Jesus in 1965, what does that mean to you.NOTHING

read again about jacobs Ladder?

it isnt about mary

For God so loved the WORLD, that he gave(see that). John 3:16
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Read... Rev 7: 4-8
These cannot be the tribes of natural Isreal because there never was a tribe of Joseph, the tribes of Ephraim and Dan are not included in the list here, and the levites were set aside for service in connection with the temple but were not reckoned as one of the 12 tribes. See numbers 1: 4-16.)
Exodus 23:19

19 “Bring the best of the firstfruits of your soil to the house of the Lord your God.

Aren't we suppose to trust God for the rest of the harvest???

Remember "firstfruits......" refers to the first of something that will be followed by many others.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Preston, there was more than a few falsehoods you posted above. I can't speak for the J Dubs though.
You have things misrepresented about Catholicism however.
I posted a link, you would be disagreeing with it, not me.and feel free, I will discuss it with you. I dont mind.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
They believe that Jesus was born again,according to the watchtower.
She isn't answering my questions.
Why would Jesus need to be born again?
How could He become a new creature in Christ?
John 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
FOL,

lol......lol....lol....

Enough said...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, its never ok to add words to scripture. But clearly the Apostle John was speaking of HIS book, not Pauls letters or Matthews memoirs.
Also, John was not just talking about adding words or phrases to his book. He was also talking about interpretations. So when the JWs take his book of Revelation and add all sorts of meanings to it that John never intended, they are 'adding plagues' to their fate.
YEP!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Aviela wrote:
The way you all diss my faith proves to me I found the truth. The Bible claims we weren't going to be a popular bunch. So its all good. Hey only 8 survived the flood. You know what I mean jelly bean:oD
No, you haven't found the truth....

You have found and have been convinced of false teachings....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it isnt dogma at all, it is fact discerned by the Dream that joseph had concerning the stars which God revealed to him representing his brothers(IE: the tribes of Israel).
Mary never gave us Jesus, and to say otherwise disagrees with the word of God, you do know that dont you.
John wasnt caring one bit about mary, she was dead and gone, his concern was about what Jesus was showing him, nothing more..
what evidence are you looking for? when jesus said "it is finished", what more does a person need?
for it is written, we walk after faith, not by sight. so these alleged sightings mean absolute nothing to a Christian.
it isnt about mary
Then Joseph had a dream, and when he told it to his brothers, they hated him even more. And he said to them,‘Please listen to this dream which I have had; for behold, we were binding sheaves in the field, and lo, my sheaf rose up and also stood erect; and behold, your sheaves gathered around and bowed down to my sheaf.” Then his brothers said to him,“Are you actually going to reign over us? Or are you really going to rule over us?” So they hated him even more for his dreams and his words. Now he had still another dream, and related it to his brothers, and said,“Lo, I have had still another dream; and behold, the sun and the moon and eleven stars were bowing down to me.” And he related it to his father and to his brothers; and his father rebuked him and said to him,“What is this dream that you have had? Shall I and your mother and your brothers actually come to bow ourselves down before you to the ground?” And his brothers were jealous of him, but his father kept the saying in mind (Genesis 37:1-11).

The First Sign in Heaven (Rev 11:1-2)
· Woman clothed in the sun - the nation of Israel - Gen 37:9-10 (sun and moon represent Jacob and Rachel).
· Twelve stars in her head - linkage to the twelve tribes of Israel, or 12 sons of Jacob.· With child who will rule with a rod of iron (Rev 12:5)- Jesus Christ, who was born of the nation of Israel. Mat 1:1-25, Psa 2:8-9, Rev 2:27, Rev 19:15.
· The woman's queenly appearance identifies her with her promenence in God's plan, and the millennial kingdom. It also identifies her with the fulfillment of the Abrahamic Covenant - Psa 89:34-37.
The woman's travail, waiting to give birth speaks of sufferings of the nation and troublesome times at the first advent of Christ, as well as the deportations Mat 1:11, Mat 1:17, but the hatred of Satan as well.

The woman is Israelhttp://www.tojesusbeallg lory.com/2011/04/bible-study-r evelation-chapter-12.html
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>looks like you are playing that card too?lol
I aint gonna agree with the devil, just like I dont agree with mike and his buddy.
A lot of false information about the Church there, Preston. That's why I deleted it.

I thought you were going to misunderstand but took the chance anyway. I'm not playing a card; I have a specific reason for pointing it out to her. So far, she refuses to acknowledge it which in itself is the answer. Hopefully, the more astute here will pick up on it, but I'm not holding my breath.
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just more of your "same old" distorted and perverted "anti-Catholic" pollution and garbage" comments that you (and other Protestants) are so "famous for"! By-the-ways---do you work for a sanitation trash company? You must. because you "sure know how" to "dig up" junk!!!
Thank you Hojo.

I have posted FACTS -- backed by links -- including from newspapers in Ireland -- the most Catholic country on earth.

I am proud to stand with those victims against Catholic creeps.

I am proud that my words are here for all to see.

I am proud to the called names by creeps who don't want justice for thousands of deaf children and orphans who were raped for decades.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>in some ways, I am very proud of him, but he has hurt a young lady that loved him very much, and one that our family had come to care very much for.
so for that reason, I call him a big dummy. a woman that loves a man is a rare jewel and not to be tossed aside, and some day, he might wish that he had listened to dad.
and bessides that, regie wanted me to have little catholic babies running around
Hey Preston,

I am sorry that he hurt a young lady that loved him very much....hope he will learn from his experiences....

My wife had an experience with a young man that hurt her very badly......

But, I think of it like this, I told my wife, if he wouldn't have hurt you then I would not have had the chance to meet you and get married.....

Yes, a woman that loves a man is a rare jewel and not to be tossed aside....agreed!!!

Great picture of him, btw!

Yea, I know Reggie would love for you to have some little Catholics babies.....lol.....
disciple

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>welcome aboard. just imagine me 45 years younger and that is what I used to look like.lol.
he is having a ball in china. and i sometime think that he went there to get a free education, and he is forgetting that.
I can see now. For some reason my Ipad did not display the picture yesterday.
Good looking boy.
A gringo in China. I'm sure he is having a blast..
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it isnt dogma at all, it is fact discerned by the Dream that joseph had concerning the stars which God revealed to him representing his brothers(IE: the tribes of Israel).
it isnt about mary
Marian doctrine is complex. It wasn't fully clear to the first Christians. I say if God used the Roman Catholic Church to establish a Bible- 400 yrs after Jesus - then why wouldn't He also use them to clarify Marian dogma for us?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I posted a link, you would be disagreeing with it, not me.and feel free, I will discuss it with you. I dont mind.
Posting a link filled with falsehoods carries some responsibility on the persons part. I know you didn't deliberately do it....

I don't want to totally get into each accusation. Much of it was just plain old slander.
disciple

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't make a habit of speculating, predicting or foretelling the future!!...... Why don't you just "make something up" like most bible only Protestants do on this forum!!!
Based on he Bible give your opinion. You claimed to have mastered it for some 8 years. Am I wrong?
Afraid you might say the wrong thing?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Marian doctrine is complex. It wasn't fully clear to the first Christians. I say if God used the Roman Catholic Church to establish a Bible- 400 yrs after Jesus - then why wouldn't He also use them to clarify Marian dogma for us?
then explain this verse to me.

12:14 But the woman was given the two wings of a giant eagle so that she could fly out into the wilderness, to the place God prepared for her, where she is taken care of – away from the presence of the serpent – for a time, times, and half a time.

and look closely at this verse, before you answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••