Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,425
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#415037 Jan 12, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>well once again like she said "you expect to get into heaven with a nsty mouth like that" and i replied in what catholics believe other wise you wouldn't do it.
jethro, what clay saidd to you was true.

avie was speaking about me and to me. she seems to think that because I call her church a satanic cult, that is being nasty.

I call it the truth.

she doesnt like it because I speak anout my no good nephew who wont even visit him mom nor help to take care of her. and her other son died last year of Liver problems, so except for cathie, she has no one else to help her.

and the Bible speaks very clearly about not helping and taking care of widows and orphans
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415038 Jan 12, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM. has stated this a dozen times in the past. She keeps coming back for more. Because deep down inside she REALLY likes us.
I sense a trembling desire in her heart, attracted like a moth to a flame.

Sophisticated Canadians do that to old women.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415039 Jan 12, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
LAUGHING OUTLOUD!!
How many times have you stated that in the past? Maybe 20?? Don't post to them she says.
We bring factual stories about priests/bishops, we post their names including their parishes who have done terrible things. But instead of you saying thankyou Michael for telling us, you standby them and bad talk us for telling these stories that you should know about.
Makes no common sense!
We might disagree on theology, but that is no reason to be so self righteous and hateful of others. God would not approve of such a thing.
.... Sooner or later you will again! post back to us, because deep down you REALLY do, like us.
Facts backed by links.

More facts backed by links.

Why the Vatican's diplomatic immunity days are numbered

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/col...

The Irish know how the Vatican hides from accountability in the sex abuse scandal there.

Priests can't claim diplomatic immunity. Only THE CHURCH can do so.

Location hidden

#415040 Jan 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Trinity did not come from Greek philosophy.
However, I think its great your challenging the evangelicals on this dogma.
Because they claim sola scripture; bible alone as the sole source on Christianity. They take the bible literally. And they throw out lots of Catholic teachings because its not explicitly spelled out in scripture.
So its amusing to see them defend the Trinity dogma. And you to pick it apart. BOTH of Yous are using sola scripture to do this.
Did I say amusing or sad?
lol, threw in the white towel by indic ating that she can challenge those of us who have challenged you catholics for several.

Guess what, she cant, I have already shown that she doesnt know much about the bible, and her statemnt that a 12 y/o knows more Bible than your pope is very funny. they are taught to give answers to certain questions that the unlearned person might ask. to delve deeper and she is lost.

for instance, her saying that the name jevohah was changed over 7000 times in the KJV, a fact not known by the normal novice. when in reality the correct nuumer was LESS than 7000. and in relaity, what does that prove? it is a stat, nothing more. it certainly doesnt prove that she KNOWS God, and since they dont accept Jesus as the ONLY begotten Son of God, they dont know Him either.

Karen was making mincemeat out of jw's years ago on other forums.lol just as she will do to avie. and look at PAD twice asking ehr to give him and answer and she hasnt.

WHY NOT? for one simple reason and LTM has already hit on it, PAD got her out of her comfort level and if the answer isnt in that litle black book that LTM spoke about, jw's are lost.

she aint your savior, come to embarress us with her great store of knowledge, she will twist and deceive, that is the way of the devil

STICK AROUND AND DONT RUN OFF. YOU WILL SEE
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415041 Jan 12, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> The answer is indicated by the fact that, after mention of the definite number 144,000, Revelation 7:9 refers to "a great crowd, which no man was able to number." If the number 144,000 were not literal it would lack meaning as contrast to the "great crowd"." Viewing the number as literal agrees with Jesus' statement at Matthew 22:14 regarding the Kingdom of the heaves: "There are many invited, but few chosen.
When viewed as symbolic, and not literal, this number unites with the other symbols in Rev Chapter 7 and Rev Chapter 14, as to provide cheer and comfort for struggling saints (the care and love of God for all who obey Him.)
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#415042 Jan 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
its also funny the Slut post mysteriously disappeared a few months later.
I remember quite well how no evangelical on here spoke up to defend Our Lords Mother.
Someone implied Mary was an ugly woman. Lets see if any evangelical defend her.
Clay, I remember talking about this with you , The post you are talking about was talking about what was in Rev, about the Harlot of Babylon , is not Mary. Its your church Rev 17
You think the lady with the 12 stars above her head is MAry, its not its referring to the 12 tribes of Israel.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415043 Jan 12, 2013
The RCC has used Holy Diplomatic immunity to avoid accountability in various banking scandals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_for_Wo...

Jesus would NEVER claim as his ONLY TRUE such a shameless organization.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415044 Jan 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>he completed his first semester, and is now on a break. he seems to like it ok but he isnt thrilled with the food, little meat and mostly veggies so he has lost a few pounds. he says they love him over there since he is pale skin and they like that. and he has blue eyes which is very rare over there so he has around 350 million chasing him.lol
he is going south since it is warmer down there for a few weeks and cathie is going over at his next break for a few weeks(if I pay for it, of course)
Hey Preston,

I can't tell you how happy that I am for your son....sounds like he is doing a wonderful job and I know that you are VERY proud of him.....

Hopefully. somewhere, he can get some MEAT....as in where's the BEEF....lol.....I love vegetables but I, too, need a little meat...

Pale skin and blue eyes....yea, they will go crazy over that combination.....you might get a daughter-in-law out of all of this....lol....

Oh my, Cathie will get over there and might not want to come back....I have always wanted to go and visit China just for a little stay....maybe one day my wife and I can do that....

I can tell that you are a PROUD Daddy....lol...

Location hidden

#415045 Jan 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
its also funny the Slut post mysteriously disappeared a few months later.
I remember quite well how no evangelical on here spoke up to defend Our Lords Mother.
Someone implied Mary was an ugly woman. Lets see if any evangelical defend her.
sometimes clay, remarks dont even need to be addressed, when the sourse in considered.

but I do remember the flack that I got when i spoke about Mary being a surrogate mother, and I gave Medical reasons as to why this is true. and also I used the dictionary to prove my statement is true.

yet some wanted to burn me at the stake or worse, and even some such as PAD disagreed with me, which is ok, I dont expect everyone to have the same level of understand that I posess. and in fact, reg even posted acatholic cleric that was actually agreeing with me assessment of how God used Mary.

and my words never took away from Mary and how God used her, all it did was clarify what transpired.

BTW, Jesus was not a clark gable, if He was, people might have followed him for solely that reason
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415046 Jan 12, 2013
QUESTION FOR CATHOLICS....

What do these 3 have in common?

.... Children at schools for the deaf

.... Orphans on many continents

.... Bank examiners in Europe and the U.S.A.

ANSWER........

The "Holy" Vatican used diplomatic immunity to avoid being held accountable for crimes against all three.

FACT......

Jesus would never appoint or guide such creeps.
Clay

United States

#415047 Jan 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, threw in the white towel by indic ating that she can challenge those of us who have challenged you catholics for several.
Guess what, she cant, I have already shown that she doesnt know much about the bible, and her statemnt that a 12 y/o knows more Bible than your pope is very funny. they are taught to give answers to certain questions that the unlearned person might ask. to delve deeper and she is lost.
for instance, her saying that the name jevohah was changed over 7000 times in the KJV, a fact not known by the normal novice. when in reality the correct nuumer was LESS than 7000. and in relaity, what does that prove? it is a stat, nothing more. it certainly doesnt prove that she KNOWS God, and since they dont accept Jesus as the ONLY begotten Son of God, they dont know Him either.
Karen was making mincemeat out of jw's years ago on other forums.lol just as she will do to avie. and look at PAD twice asking ehr to give him and answer and she hasnt.
WHY NOT? for one simple reason and LTM has already hit on it, PAD got her out of her comfort level and if the answer isnt in that litle black book that LTM spoke about, jw's are lost.
she aint your savior, come to embarress us with her great store of knowledge, she will twist and deceive, that is the way of the devil
STICK AROUND AND DONT RUN OFF. YOU WILL SEE
I certainly would agree with any protestant doctrine over a Jw or SDA. But you have to admit Preston,'trinity' is not explicitly found in scripture.
a true sola scripturist technically can't believe it. Am I wrong? Wouldn't it take an Earthly authority to determine such a dogma? Well, that would be outside of scripture then.
LTM

#415048 Jan 12, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Great link
"...... the "Statue of Liberty" is nothing more than a mammoth idol of the Hecate goddess. In Ptolemaic Alexandria and elsewhere during the Hellenistic period, she appears as a three-faced goddess associated with magic, witchcraft, and curses. Today she is claimed as a goddess of witches and in the context of Hellenic Polytheistic Reconstructionism."
"She closely parallels the Roman goddess Trivia."
That is correct Free MInd I was going to say something before but its to deep for some on here. Read up on the The Washington Monument is the most prominent structure in Washington, D.C. The 555-foot, 5-1/8" marble obelisk , There is one at the vatican and others around the world you will be surprise what you will learn about it.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415049 Jan 12, 2013

Location hidden

#415050 Jan 12, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Aviela! Waving....
So what do you think about no Catholic calling you a cultist or otherwise disrespecting your beliefs??
Any thoughts about that?
looks like you are playing that card too?lol

I aint gonna agree with the devil, just like I dont agree with mike and his buddy.

The Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses

1. Both the Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses believe that they are the one true church.

2. The Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses have one church leader. The Roman Catholic Church has the Pope whom they claim is an apostolic succession from Peter who "holds the keys to heaven". The Jehovah's Witnesses have the President who rules with an iron hand.

3. The Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses believe that their baptism in necessary for salvation. The Roman Catholic Church is born again not by their faith but through water initiation into the Roman Catholic Church. The Jehovah's Witness is baptized into the organization after a period of study, knocking on doors, attending meeting and answering questions. After proving their loyalty, they are then baptized in the name of the Jehovah's Witnesses and must submit to them only.

4. The Roman Catholic Church and Jehovah's Witnesses base their salvation on a complicated system of works and deny salvation by faith alone.

5. Both Christian cults deny the Biblical view of the Atonement. The Roman Catholic church doctrine dictates that one must go to Purgatory to have his sins purged, Jesus just paved the way. The Jehovah's Witnesses are much like the Roman Catholics in their teachings. Jesus paved the way to salvation but we must earn it through our works.

6. The Roman Catholic Church claims visions and apparitions in an effort to add false doctrine. The Jehovah's Witness founder, Charles Taze Russell was considered a prophet and "the Laodicean Messenger". The Watchtower Society claims that God used angels to communicate with their organization.

7. The Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses believe the Bible cannot be understood today without their interpretation.

8. The Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses forbid the use of the Bible alone.

9.*The Jehovah's Witnesses used Jesuits and Roman Catholic manuscripts to aid in the translation of the New World Translation.

10. Both the Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses have a history of sexual abuse and child molestation activity in their organization.

11. Both church organizations believe that leaving their church will result in eternal damnation.

12. The Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses were in secret support of Hitler and the hatred for the Jews.

13. The Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses base some of their doctrine on pagan traditions. For The Roman Catholic Church the traditions of a goddess, rosary, pope, relics, purgatory, transubstantiation (Egyptian sun god), praying to dead people, and idol worship are all based on paganism. The Jehovah's Witnesses included a symbol of the Egyptian sun god, the zodiac sign, and pyramidology in it's doctrinal structure and teachings.

14. The Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses have changed Bible verses to teach their doctrine.

The Roman Catholic Church formed it's changes in the Vulgate:

http://www.angelfire.com/de/knowledgeoftruth/...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#415051 Jan 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I do remember what some teacher said to walter martin on a tv show once.
words to the effect it was "satanic deceitfulness" or words close to that.the jws have no one intelligent enough to cipher koine Greek into English.
I myself only know two person that are able to do translate that obselete Language into English.
one is my Pastors nephew who is a prof at a univesity in Ky and my friend Atta who teaches in a East coast university,
if you remember a few years ago when the catholic from ca wrote something to me in garbled Latin, I went onto my other forum and aksed her to transalte as I was confused because it meant two different things. she came back and gave me a correct translation and signed off with some koine Greek to me.
but I am certain that there are more than just the two that I have mentioned but none are jw's.
and there are probably more than several in the RCC.
if I remember correctly, Martin asked a jw a question in Greek and also hebrew and the jw was dumbfounded, he knew neither Language
Yea, I cannot even tell you all that is wrong with the NWT....but people insist on following it.....

The Holy Spirit has already perfectly revealed the Word of God and Christians should reject entirely JW and the Watchtower translation.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#415052 Jan 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, I remember talking about this with you , The post you are talking about was talking about what was in Rev, about the Harlot of Babylon , is not Mary. Its your church Rev 17
You think the lady with the 12 stars above her head is MAry, its not its referring to the 12 tribes of Israel.
Nope, that's not it. Different post entirely. If you don't know what you're talking about, keep out of it.

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are certain things hard to be understood, which the unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, to their own destruction.
LTM

#415053 Jan 12, 2013
Egyptian

See also: List of obelisks in Rome

Pylon of the Temple of Luxor with the remaining obelisk (of two) in front (the second is in the Place de la Concorde in Paris).

Obelisk of Pharaoh Senusret I, Al-Maalla area of Al-Matariyyah district in Heliopolis, Cairo
Obelisks were prominent in the architecture of the ancient Egyptians, who placed them in pairs at the entrance of temples. The word "obelisk" as used in English today is of Greek rather than Egyptian origin because Herodotus, the Greek traveller, was one of the first classical writers to describe the objects. A number of ancient Egyptian obelisks are known to have survived, plus the "Unfinished Obelisk" found partly hewn from its quarry at Aswan. These obelisks are now dispersed around the world, and fewer than half of them remain in Egypt.

The earliest temple obelisk still in its original position is the 20.7 m / 68 ft high 120 tons[3] red granite Obelisk of Senusret I of the XIIth Dynasty at Al-Matariyyah part of Heliopolis.[4]

The obelisk symbolized the sun god Ra, and during the brief religious reformation of Akhenaten was said to be a petrified ray of the Aten, the sundisk. It was also thought that the god existed within the structure
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#415054 Jan 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct Free MInd I was going to say something before but its to deep for some on here. Read up on the The Washington Monument is the most prominent structure in Washington, D.C. The 555-foot, 5-1/8" marble obelisk , There is one at the vatican and others around the world you will be surprise what you will learn about it.
http://saintpetersbasilica.org/Exterior/Obeli...
LTM

#415055 Jan 12, 2013
The Ancient Romans were strongly influenced by the obelisk form, to the extent that there are now more than twice as many obelisks standing in Rome as remain in Egypt. All fell after the Roman period except for the Vatican obelisk and were re-erected in different locations.

The tallest Egyptian obelisk is in the square in front of the Lateran Basilica in Rome at 105.6 feet tall and a weight of 455 tons.[6]

Not all the Egyptian obelisks in the Roman Empire were set up at Rome. Herod the Great imitated his Roman patrons and set up a red granite Egyptian obelisk in the hippodrome of his new city Caesarea in northern Judea. This one is about 40 feet tall and weighs about 100 tons.[7] It was discovered by archaeologists and has been re-erected at its former site.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415056 Jan 12, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
No Clay, its about those that agree with you and those that don't. When someone has a different opinion you stomp off in a hissy fit, and declare you are not coming back.
I hope you learned your lesson while your tears dried up. Any more outbursts of anger and your time out will be two weeks in your room, and your computer will locked down.
Its not a catholic world, its a world of millions of opinions, and yours is no more important than anyone elses.
Well said.

Clay needs to understand that we are only here for him.

No one wants to be a creep.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 4 hr kent 83,903
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 11 hr Mr Sir 8,694
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Fri Cat74 11
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Dec 17 cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web