Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
399,861 - 399,880 of 533,294 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Sherlayne wrote:
Look everybody! Certain (Catholics, I'm sure) do NOT believe God said there's only ONE Mediator - they know better!
I didn't realize you were such a good Christian.
So tell us, do you think prayer should be allowed in public schools?
Why do you say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas"? Isn't Jesus the reason for the season?
What are your views on same-sex marriage?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I noticed you did not answer any of my questions,any particular reason why?
No answers LOL
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually no one Called Mary The Mother of Jesus a slut.
They were calling the Harlot of Babylon who claimed to be the Queen of Heaven the sungoddess .
Not one christian on this form would call Mary a slut.
Catholic's have a way of twisting everything a person says.
Your buddy, the atheist, called her a slut. And not one of your objected except for Karen.

Fundies have a way of twisting everything a Catholic says.

I'm still waiting for Aviela to acknowledge that not one Catholic here has called her a cultist. Nor have we made any other disparaging remarks about her beliefs.

Do you think she's a cultist *except* for when she makes derogatory comments about the Church?
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Clay, the average 15 old in the kingdom hall knows more about the Bible than than Pope. I've tried to listen to what the Pope has to say and I've yet learned 1 thing from him, all he seems to do is take tours around the world and wave his lil hand. Years before I got baptised and learned the Bible I noticed his pattern. He says a few words here and there and people roll on the ground crying like he's the messiah. No one on earth should be worshiped like that. Especialy if he isn't walking on water.
Our current Pope is one of the best theologians in the world. You probably have a difficult time following his words because he is that good. The Bible is vast. Catholicism is vast too, because much of the Catholic faith derives from the Old Testament. Jews would understand our Mass before an evangelical would. Its 2,000 yrs old and wonderfully reveals the Old testament flowing into the New.

btw, every summer I take a moment to talk with the JWs when they stop by. I do quite well too.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I the commend the church if what you say its true. But from what I experienced Catholic churches charge for their medical care. They've never treated me for free. I'm still paying hospital bills.
You went to a church for medical care??? No wonder you're confused. Next time, try a hospital!
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your buddy, the atheist, called her a slut. And not one of your objected except for Karen.
Fundies have a way of twisting everything a Catholic says.
I'm still waiting for Aviela to acknowledge that not one Catholic here has called her a cultist. Nor have we made any other disparaging remarks about her beliefs.
Do you think she's a cultist *except* for when she makes derogatory comments about the Church?
its also funny the Slut post mysteriously disappeared a few months later.
I remember quite well how no evangelical on here spoke up to defend Our Lords Mother.

Someone implied Mary was an ugly woman. Lets see if any evangelical defend her.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Our current Pope is one of the best theologians in the world. You probably have a difficult time following his words because he is that good. The Bible is vast. Catholicism is vast too, because much of the Catholic faith derives from the Old Testament. Jews would understand our Mass before an evangelical would. Its 2,000 yrs old and wonderfully reveals the Old testament flowing into the New.
btw, every summer I take a moment to talk with the JWs when they stop by. I do quite well too.
Clay, what has the Pope done for you lately? I must say I respect your calm demeaner on here. I'm guilty of getting fiesty. I'm working on it:oD
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
Great link

"...... the "Statue of Liberty" is nothing more than a mammoth idol of the Hecate goddess. In Ptolemaic Alexandria and elsewhere during the Hellenistic period, she appears as a three-faced goddess associated with magic, witchcraft, and curses. Today she is claimed as a goddess of witches and in the context of Hellenic Polytheistic Reconstructionism."

"She closely parallels the Roman goddess Trivia."
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Clay, what has the Pope done for you lately? I must say I respect your calm demeaner on here. I'mt guilty of getting fiesty. I'm working on it:oD
Thank you.

What has the Pope done for me lately?

Nothing I know of. Although he prays daily for us and we do the same for him.

But the Papacy has carried the faith from the Apostles to our generation. Remember Aviela, we had no New Testament until the 4th century. And it was a Pope who put the stamp of approval on it. Thus giving every one - including JWs - a Bible.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember quite well how no evangelical on here spoke up to defend Our Lords Mother.
Karen spoke up, she was the only one. She saw his post and knew what his game was. He still plays it. Recently he called Jesus a jerk or some such thing. He pushes the envelope hoping for a response and then denies he said it based on the way he phrased the sentence. Karen caught onto that, too. Now he'll do it again because we brought it up. I'm telling you, ignore them. They're going to try everything to get you to respond to them, even going so far as to pretend they really want to 'discuss' something. Some of the fundies fall for that. The think they're truly "seeking" God and they try to convert them, LOL! All those two are interested in is barking and braying :):):)
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Clay, what has the Pope done for you lately? I must say I respect your calm demeaner on here. I'm guilty of getting fiesty. I'm working on it:oD
Hello, Aviela! Waving....

So what do you think about no Catholic calling you a cultist or otherwise disrespecting your beliefs??

Any thoughts about that?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You went to a church for medical care??? No wonder you're confused. Next time, try a hospital!
Did I say I went to the church? Or are you doing just trying to jump in the kool aid?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't realize you were such a good Christian.
So tell us, do you think prayer should be allowed in public schools?
Why do you say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas"? Isn't Jesus the reason for the season?
What are your views on same-sex marriage?
Jesus has nothing to do with Bad Satan.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I have a question for you. did you have a choice about being baptized? and are you happy about that choice? remember despite the catholic church believes it's ok to lie (i say tis because they do it so much),it is a sin,so be honest.
Yes, Jethro, I had a choice about being baptized....

I was so sorry about my sins in my life that I cried....I knew that I had to make it right with God....

Yes, Jethro, I am very happy about my life time commitment to God.....

Three WONDERFUL things happened in my life....

#1 - being baptized into the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.....

#2 - marrying my WONDERFUL wife....

#3 - watching our three children being born and raising them to be GREAT citizens and WONDERFUL Christian men and woman....
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again I am forced to defend BOTH the TRUTH and the Blessed MARY.

The only post that "disappeared" was the one in Clay's mind.

I happily post again the VERIFIABLE TRUTH that make Clay and Regina spin false indignation.

FACT: in the so-called "2nd Secret of Fatima," the Church lies when it makes Mary SOUND LIKE a narcissistic slut -- devotion to "my sacred heart" or 50,000,000 will die in WW2.

FACT: Here is an quote from Mary's supposed "devotion to me or else" threat.

"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."

The Blessed Mary supposedly said those words in 1917, but the Vatican only informed the world in 1941 -- AFTER WW2 had already begun.

I claim the Blessed Mary would NEVER THREATEN mankind with World War, for any reason period!!!

I defend Mary against creeps who make her sound like a self-centered narcissistic slut.

PS -- these are the same group of creeps who use diplomatic immunity to avoid accountability in the rape of orphans.

I welcome the indignation of such creeps. I am certain most moral humans do as well.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Aviela, you'd be surprised at how the Papacy actually works. Please read into it a little more.
My JW sister-in-law agrees. Her father has assumed more authority on the Bible and his religion then all the Popes have for Christianity combined.
Really, thats the irony. Take any elder, pastor or minister....look at the authority they claim when teaching the faith. These people have literally reversed what the Apostles taught! I guarantee you, no Pope has done anything that bold before. But you guys have!
your statement leaves a lot to be desired Clay, at no time have I ever demanded that what you or any other person must beleive and follow.

would you say the same about any pope that has served your church?I would not presume to speak for any teacher/preacher other than myself, but as for me, I have found over the years that when we begin to study His Word, we have Prayer first, and I have found that after Prayer, I begin to feel His Spirit as he comes to Help me with His Word. if that happens with others ,they could answer for themselves.

and as I looked over your post again, I saw something that I feel needs to be addressed"the authority they claim when teaching the faith".

first and foremost, Bible teachers DONT TEACH the "faith". faith is something that a individual possess, it is singular and has nothing to do with any church or denomiation. a better word for you to grasp might be "doctrinal issues".

and since I am a free spirit, I dont teach doctrine either, it also is not Biblical. I teach about the verses that we are studying, sometimes in the Historical realm, and sometimes in what is considered a spiritual Revelation. I very seldom teach about Prophecy, since that usually is over a laymans head. and on that subject, it is over those who think they actually know about Bible Prophecy(TV type people)
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Karen spoke up, she was the only one. She saw his post and knew what his game was. He still plays it. Recently he called Jesus a jerk or some such thing. He pushes the envelope hoping for a response and then denies he said it based on the way he phrased the sentence. Karen caught onto that, too. Now he'll do it again because we brought it up. I'm telling you, ignore them. They're going to try everything to get you to respond to them, even going so far as to pretend they really want to 'discuss' something. Some of the fundies fall for that. The think they're truly "seeking" God and they try to convert them, LOL! All those two are interested in is barking and braying :):):)
To claim that Jesus wants or even allows "His ONLY Church" to use diplomatic immunity to avoid justice in the rape deaf children and orphans...

... make Jesus sound like a jerk.

That is what is called a "self-evident truth." You can't refute, so you twist and lie.

LMAO how no one can give a post number to back up the charges against me. Those posts "mysterious disappear."

Again, no self-respecting God would stand for the nonsense in "His" Church. Even the Government of Ireland stands with me on this. They broke diplomatic relations with the Vatican because the know Jesus isn't a jerk too.
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
If I walked into a catholic church and an old italian or German lady was there and I asked if they prayed TO! THE VIRGIN MARY they would say YES!
You have engrained in your mind an image of Jesus, Mary and some of the saints as to what they appear to you. If I cut a picture out of a magazine and said to you this is your father you would call me a liar, and if I showed you a picture of a short balding man with a hunchback and said to you look at my picture of Jesus you would call me a LIAR and blasphemer.
Its all engrained in your mind.....the church has brainwashed your thinking and the images of you believe, and in reality what doesn't really exist.
Since 1917, every Pope without exception has made a pilgrimage to Fatima.

Here is what Mary supposedly said about how to save souls from Hell:

"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart."

Or else World War Two, but that's another story.

Just worship Mary's Heart.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>well once again like she said "you expect to get into heaven with a nsty mouth like that" and i replied in what catholics believe other wise you wouldn't do it.
jethro, what clay saidd to you was true.

avie was speaking about me and to me. she seems to think that because I call her church a satanic cult, that is being nasty.

I call it the truth.

she doesnt like it because I speak anout my no good nephew who wont even visit him mom nor help to take care of her. and her other son died last year of Liver problems, so except for cathie, she has no one else to help her.

and the Bible speaks very clearly about not helping and taking care of widows and orphans
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM. has stated this a dozen times in the past. She keeps coming back for more. Because deep down inside she REALLY likes us.
I sense a trembling desire in her heart, attracted like a moth to a flame.

Sophisticated Canadians do that to old women.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••