Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,117
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#415007 Jan 12, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Those nasty icons mean I SHOULD bow down to her statues? LOL
NO!
Hello:oD

Since: Nov 08

usa

#415008 Jan 12, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
Jethro, I will teach you -- directly from the document:
It is the Orthodox who are merely "defective" because they don't accept the primacy of the Pope -- God's appointed vicar.
It's the entire "sacramental Priesthood" that makes the RCC spiritually superior to all other Christian denominations. The article quotes the Church: "These ecclesial communities which, specifically because of the absence of the sacramental priesthood … cannot, according to Catholic doctrine, be called 'churches' in the proper sense," Thanks to his not turning States evidence, Cardinal Law was until his recent retirement, an esteemed Vatican leader and a symbol of this Priesthood. Any questions about the RCC's claim to spiritual superiority?
ya your right,i remember most of what you posted now.thanks for clarifying.
Clay

United States

#415009 Jan 12, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>well once again like she said "you expect to get into heaven with a nsty mouth like that" and i replied in what catholics believe other wise you wouldn't do it.
She wasn't talking to a Catholic Jethro. That's my point. You jumped into it with anti catholic guns a blazing and it didn't have anything to do with us.

usa

#415010 Jan 12, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Hello:oD
I noticed you did not answer any of my questions,any particular reason why?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#415011 Jan 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Aviela, you'd be surprised at how the Papacy actually works. Please read into it a little more.
My JW sister-in-law agrees. Her father has assumed more authority on the Bible and his religion then all the Popes have for Christianity combined.
Really, thats the irony. Take any elder, pastor or minister....look at the authority they claim when teaching the faith. These people have literally reversed what the Apostles taught! I guarantee you, no Pope has done anything that bold before. But you guys have!
Clay, the average 15 old in the kingdom hall knows more about the Bible than than Pope. I've tried to listen to what the Pope has to say and I've yet learned 1 thing from him, all he seems to do is take tours around the world and wave his lil hand. Years before I got baptised and learned the Bible I noticed his pattern. He says a few words here and there and people roll on the ground crying like he's the messiah. No one on earth should be worshiped like that. Especialy if he isn't walking on water.

usa

#415012 Jan 12, 2013
all most game time,have a good night people,be safe,be nice,be happy :) bye bye for now.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#415013 Jan 12, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Agreed 100% Jews did not believe in the trinity. Have you done research and studied where the trinity came from. Its interesting. It came from Greek philosophy. The Bible speaks against philosphy of men.
........Catholics believe the concept of a TRINITY was theirs and theirs only. Long before the Jesus story came many man/god beliefs too had trinities including women trinune Gods.

.......Not much UNIQUE about christianity. Most of their customs/traditions were practiced long before Mary screamed I am pregnant!

Check out this website. Scroll down and see what I mean.

http://www.sabbathcovenant.com/doctrine/pagan...
Clay

United States

#415014 Jan 12, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Agreed 100% Jews did not believe in the trinity. Have you done research and studied where the trinity came from. Its interesting. It came from Greek philosophy. The Bible speaks against philosphy of men.
The Trinity did not come from Greek philosophy.

However, I think its great your challenging the evangelicals on this dogma.
Because they claim sola scripture; bible alone as the sole source on Christianity. They take the bible literally. And they throw out lots of Catholic teachings because its not explicitly spelled out in scripture.
So its amusing to see them defend the Trinity dogma. And you to pick it apart. BOTH of Yous are using sola scripture to do this.
Did I say amusing or sad?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#415015 Jan 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confusing places for the wealthy to go and die, as hospitals.
Royalty always had a nice place for them to die.
Are you wealthy Jethro?
If not, your family would have dumped you in the wilderness to die.
The Roman Catholic Church created hospitals for the poor, sick and dying. Its what the world has to this day because the Church taught them the value of EVERY human life.
I the commend the church if what you say its true. But from what I experienced Catholic churches charge for their medical care. They've never treated me for free. I'm still paying hospital bills.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#415016 Jan 12, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's not what the Bible says.
"Catholics worship statues!" People still make this ridiculous claim. Because Catholics have statues in their churches, goes the accusation, they are violating God’s commandment: "You shall not make for yourself a graven image or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: you shall not bow down to them or serve them" (Ex. 20:4–5); "Alas, this people have sinned a great sin; they have made for themselves gods of gold" (Ex. 32:31).
It is right to warn people against the sin of idolatry when they are committing it. But calling Catholics idolaters because they have images of Christ and the saints is based on misunderstanding or ignorance of what the Bible says about the purpose and uses (both good and bad) of statues.
Anti-Catholic writer Loraine Boettner, in his book Roman Catholicism, makes the blanket statement, "God has forbidden the use of images in worship" (281). Yet if people were to "search the scriptures" (cf. John 5:39), they would find the opposite is true. God forbade the worship of statues, but he did not forbid the religious use of statues. Instead, he actually commanded their use in religious contexts!
Continue reading at http://www.catholic.com/tracts/do-catholics-w...
All other man/gods that came 1,000 years before the Jesus story had statues too. Many of them also worshipped their TRINITIES.
Thats rightttt!

Check them out.......scroll down and see them for yourself.

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#415017 Jan 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Trinity did not come from Greek philosophy.
However, I think its great your challenging the evangelicals on this dogma.
Because they claim sola scripture; bible alone as the sole source on Christianity. They take the bible literally. And they throw out lots of Catholic teachings because its not explicitly spelled out in scripture.
So its amusing to see them defend the Trinity dogma. And you to pick it apart. BOTH of Yous are using sola scripture to do this.
Did I say amusing or sad?
TRINITIES!!

LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#415018 Jan 12, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Calling Mary a slut is blashpemy. I don't think Mary was a slut.
Actually no one Called Mary The Mother of Jesus a slut.

They were calling the Harlot of Babylon who claimed to be the Queen of Heaven the sungoddess .
Not one christian on this form would call Mary a slut.
Catholic's have a way of twisting everything a person says.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#415019 Jan 12, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
Look everybody! Certain (Catholics, I'm sure) do NOT believe God said there's only ONE Mediator - they know better!
I didn't realize you were such a good Christian.
So tell us, do you think prayer should be allowed in public schools?
Why do you say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas"? Isn't Jesus the reason for the season?
What are your views on same-sex marriage?
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#415020 Jan 12, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I noticed you did not answer any of my questions,any particular reason why?
No answers LOL
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#415021 Jan 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually no one Called Mary The Mother of Jesus a slut.
They were calling the Harlot of Babylon who claimed to be the Queen of Heaven the sungoddess .
Not one christian on this form would call Mary a slut.
Catholic's have a way of twisting everything a person says.
Your buddy, the atheist, called her a slut. And not one of your objected except for Karen.

Fundies have a way of twisting everything a Catholic says.

I'm still waiting for Aviela to acknowledge that not one Catholic here has called her a cultist. Nor have we made any other disparaging remarks about her beliefs.

Do you think she's a cultist *except* for when she makes derogatory comments about the Church?
Clay

United States

#415022 Jan 12, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Clay, the average 15 old in the kingdom hall knows more about the Bible than than Pope. I've tried to listen to what the Pope has to say and I've yet learned 1 thing from him, all he seems to do is take tours around the world and wave his lil hand. Years before I got baptised and learned the Bible I noticed his pattern. He says a few words here and there and people roll on the ground crying like he's the messiah. No one on earth should be worshiped like that. Especialy if he isn't walking on water.
Our current Pope is one of the best theologians in the world. You probably have a difficult time following his words because he is that good. The Bible is vast. Catholicism is vast too, because much of the Catholic faith derives from the Old Testament. Jews would understand our Mass before an evangelical would. Its 2,000 yrs old and wonderfully reveals the Old testament flowing into the New.

btw, every summer I take a moment to talk with the JWs when they stop by. I do quite well too.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#415023 Jan 12, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I the commend the church if what you say its true. But from what I experienced Catholic churches charge for their medical care. They've never treated me for free. I'm still paying hospital bills.
You went to a church for medical care??? No wonder you're confused. Next time, try a hospital!
Clay

United States

#415024 Jan 12, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your buddy, the atheist, called her a slut. And not one of your objected except for Karen.
Fundies have a way of twisting everything a Catholic says.
I'm still waiting for Aviela to acknowledge that not one Catholic here has called her a cultist. Nor have we made any other disparaging remarks about her beliefs.
Do you think she's a cultist *except* for when she makes derogatory comments about the Church?
its also funny the Slut post mysteriously disappeared a few months later.
I remember quite well how no evangelical on here spoke up to defend Our Lords Mother.

Someone implied Mary was an ugly woman. Lets see if any evangelical defend her.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#415025 Jan 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Our current Pope is one of the best theologians in the world. You probably have a difficult time following his words because he is that good. The Bible is vast. Catholicism is vast too, because much of the Catholic faith derives from the Old Testament. Jews would understand our Mass before an evangelical would. Its 2,000 yrs old and wonderfully reveals the Old testament flowing into the New.
btw, every summer I take a moment to talk with the JWs when they stop by. I do quite well too.
Clay, what has the Pope done for you lately? I must say I respect your calm demeaner on here. I'm guilty of getting fiesty. I'm working on it:oD
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#415026 Jan 12, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
Great link

"...... the "Statue of Liberty" is nothing more than a mammoth idol of the Hecate goddess. In Ptolemaic Alexandria and elsewhere during the Hellenistic period, she appears as a three-faced goddess associated with magic, witchcraft, and curses. Today she is claimed as a goddess of witches and in the context of Hellenic Polytheistic Reconstructionism."

"She closely parallels the Roman goddess Trivia."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... 4 hr Barbarian 4
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Sep 18 Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Sep 18 pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Sep 18 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 17 Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••