Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,857
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#414997 Jan 12, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
Oh, and LTM, your posts puts into perspective my objection to any Mary devotions. ONE Mediator, bible is clear on that. I do NOT bow down to her statues.
Those nasty icons mean I SHOULD bow down to her statues? LOL

NO!

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#414998 Jan 12, 2013
Look everybody! Certain (Catholics, I'm sure) do NOT believe God said there's only ONE Mediator - they know better!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#414999 Jan 12, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> All those answer are in the Bible Micheal. Don't take anything the pope says serious. You are a man of thinking skills. One day you will get your answers it will all make sense. Keep asking and you shall receive. Don't stop asking questions keep up the good work.
Aviela, you'd be surprised at how the Papacy actually works. Please read into it a little more.

My JW sister-in-law agrees. Her father has assumed more authority on the Bible and his religion then all the Popes have for Christianity combined.

Really, thats the irony. Take any elder, pastor or minister....look at the authority they claim when teaching the faith. These people have literally reversed what the Apostles taught! I guarantee you, no Pope has done anything that bold before. But you guys have!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#415000 Jan 12, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
Look everybody! Certain (Catholics, I'm sure) do NOT believe God said there's only ONE Mediator - they know better!
What Catholics would say that?

Are you sure you're not just making stuff up?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#415001 Jan 12, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>.the earliest hospitals on record was founded in Ireland, 300 B. C., by Princess Macha.(pagan hospital),, The Romans in their treatment of the sick adopted many Greek usages.Æsculapius had a temple on the island in the Tiber (291 B. C.) Catholic hospitals were segregated with separate wards for black patients.
You're confusing places for the wealthy to go and die, as hospitals.

Royalty always had a nice place for them to die.

Are you wealthy Jethro?

If not, your family would have dumped you in the wilderness to die.

The Roman Catholic Church created hospitals for the poor, sick and dying. Its what the world has to this day because the Church taught them the value of EVERY human life.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#415002 Jan 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
Wow. You're such a bigot, you apply anti Catholic remarks when someone isn't even talking about them . Aviela was speaking to Preston being 'nasty'.
as i stated it does seem to be atradition among you catholics that are on here,someone says something about the church you don't like you go off on a tirade of nasty vile responses,and i was pointing that fact out,and yes i said it's must be part of catholic tradition,since 99% of you are like that on here.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#415003 Jan 12, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews do not believe in the trinity.
..If Mary was a Jew, and practiced her faith, how could Mary remain a Jew, if Jesus was the son of God, and Jews such as Mary do not believe in sons of God?
That would make Mary a heretic of her own faith. That would also disqualify Mary as belonging to one of the jewish tribes, again Jews do not believe in sons of God.
....makes no common sense.
makes no sense.....
Agreed 100% Jews did not believe in the trinity. Have you done research and studied where the trinity came from. Its interesting. It came from Greek philosophy. The Bible speaks against philosphy of men.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#415004 Jan 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Lots of questions you have.
Maybe you could answer mine:
Why does 4gvn think God is jealous of a depiction of Mary holding Jesus?
Does 4gvn get offended by this too?
You say you are a Christian - which would be a follower of the Christ. Yet, His Mother really really bugs you. In fact, you'll go as far to say that she wasn't a virgin til her death.
I say, if she was, like all of the first 1,800 yrs of Christianity understood, then you are guilty of spreading rumors about the Blessed Mother. I would think Jesus would like to have a word with you about this someday...
Clay says........Why does 4gvn think God is jealous of a depiction of Mary holding Jesus?

Michael says.....what about this? Who copied who?

http://pocm.info/

Read that website and learn about all the customs and traditions christianity copied from previous beliefs. Why would they do that?

BUSTED!
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#415005 Jan 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Sherlayne, we have seen all sorts of mud being slung at Mary by people who claim to follow her Son.
So, if you're suggesting she was ugly, it wouldn't surprise me one bit. We have heard it all! One person even called her a slut.
We Catholics will stand up and defend Our Lords Mother. We'll even go to our deaths for it. The rest of ya will giggle at the ridicule of her.
Calling Mary a slut is blashpemy. I don't think Mary was a slut.

usa

#415006 Jan 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What's Catholicism have to do with her reply?
Jethro, you know so little about Catholicism. And when we try to show you, you just plug your ears and yell 'la la la'. I guess its better to not know the truth, otherwise you may have to change your thinking. Bigotry and ignorance go hand in hand. They need each other.
well once again like she said "you expect to get into heaven with a nsty mouth like that" and i replied in what catholics believe other wise you wouldn't do it.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#415007 Jan 12, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Those nasty icons mean I SHOULD bow down to her statues? LOL
NO!
Hello:oD

usa

#415008 Jan 12, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
Jethro, I will teach you -- directly from the document:
It is the Orthodox who are merely "defective" because they don't accept the primacy of the Pope -- God's appointed vicar.
It's the entire "sacramental Priesthood" that makes the RCC spiritually superior to all other Christian denominations. The article quotes the Church: "These ecclesial communities which, specifically because of the absence of the sacramental priesthood … cannot, according to Catholic doctrine, be called 'churches' in the proper sense," Thanks to his not turning States evidence, Cardinal Law was until his recent retirement, an esteemed Vatican leader and a symbol of this Priesthood. Any questions about the RCC's claim to spiritual superiority?
ya your right,i remember most of what you posted now.thanks for clarifying.
Clay

United States

#415009 Jan 12, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>well once again like she said "you expect to get into heaven with a nsty mouth like that" and i replied in what catholics believe other wise you wouldn't do it.
She wasn't talking to a Catholic Jethro. That's my point. You jumped into it with anti catholic guns a blazing and it didn't have anything to do with us.

usa

#415010 Jan 12, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Hello:oD
I noticed you did not answer any of my questions,any particular reason why?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#415011 Jan 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Aviela, you'd be surprised at how the Papacy actually works. Please read into it a little more.
My JW sister-in-law agrees. Her father has assumed more authority on the Bible and his religion then all the Popes have for Christianity combined.
Really, thats the irony. Take any elder, pastor or minister....look at the authority they claim when teaching the faith. These people have literally reversed what the Apostles taught! I guarantee you, no Pope has done anything that bold before. But you guys have!
Clay, the average 15 old in the kingdom hall knows more about the Bible than than Pope. I've tried to listen to what the Pope has to say and I've yet learned 1 thing from him, all he seems to do is take tours around the world and wave his lil hand. Years before I got baptised and learned the Bible I noticed his pattern. He says a few words here and there and people roll on the ground crying like he's the messiah. No one on earth should be worshiped like that. Especialy if he isn't walking on water.

usa

#415012 Jan 12, 2013
all most game time,have a good night people,be safe,be nice,be happy :) bye bye for now.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#415013 Jan 12, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Agreed 100% Jews did not believe in the trinity. Have you done research and studied where the trinity came from. Its interesting. It came from Greek philosophy. The Bible speaks against philosphy of men.
........Catholics believe the concept of a TRINITY was theirs and theirs only. Long before the Jesus story came many man/god beliefs too had trinities including women trinune Gods.

.......Not much UNIQUE about christianity. Most of their customs/traditions were practiced long before Mary screamed I am pregnant!

Check out this website. Scroll down and see what I mean.

http://www.sabbathcovenant.com/doctrine/pagan...
Clay

United States

#415014 Jan 12, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Agreed 100% Jews did not believe in the trinity. Have you done research and studied where the trinity came from. Its interesting. It came from Greek philosophy. The Bible speaks against philosphy of men.
The Trinity did not come from Greek philosophy.

However, I think its great your challenging the evangelicals on this dogma.
Because they claim sola scripture; bible alone as the sole source on Christianity. They take the bible literally. And they throw out lots of Catholic teachings because its not explicitly spelled out in scripture.
So its amusing to see them defend the Trinity dogma. And you to pick it apart. BOTH of Yous are using sola scripture to do this.
Did I say amusing or sad?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#415015 Jan 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confusing places for the wealthy to go and die, as hospitals.
Royalty always had a nice place for them to die.
Are you wealthy Jethro?
If not, your family would have dumped you in the wilderness to die.
The Roman Catholic Church created hospitals for the poor, sick and dying. Its what the world has to this day because the Church taught them the value of EVERY human life.
I the commend the church if what you say its true. But from what I experienced Catholic churches charge for their medical care. They've never treated me for free. I'm still paying hospital bills.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#415016 Jan 12, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's not what the Bible says.
"Catholics worship statues!" People still make this ridiculous claim. Because Catholics have statues in their churches, goes the accusation, they are violating God’s commandment: "You shall not make for yourself a graven image or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: you shall not bow down to them or serve them" (Ex. 20:4–5); "Alas, this people have sinned a great sin; they have made for themselves gods of gold" (Ex. 32:31).
It is right to warn people against the sin of idolatry when they are committing it. But calling Catholics idolaters because they have images of Christ and the saints is based on misunderstanding or ignorance of what the Bible says about the purpose and uses (both good and bad) of statues.
Anti-Catholic writer Loraine Boettner, in his book Roman Catholicism, makes the blanket statement, "God has forbidden the use of images in worship" (281). Yet if people were to "search the scriptures" (cf. John 5:39), they would find the opposite is true. God forbade the worship of statues, but he did not forbid the religious use of statues. Instead, he actually commanded their use in religious contexts!
Continue reading at http://www.catholic.com/tracts/do-catholics-w...
All other man/gods that came 1,000 years before the Jesus story had statues too. Many of them also worshipped their TRINITIES.
Thats rightttt!

Check them out.......scroll down and see them for yourself.

http://www.sabbathcovenant.com/doctrine/pagan...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns 33 min Stephany McDowell 1
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 49 min Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... 55 min Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says 11 hr cooldude 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 15 hr Crazy 8,687
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 15 hr Strel 83,885
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web