Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,332
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#414917 Jan 12, 2013
Question -- When is diplomatic immunity immoral and disgusting?

Answer -- When it is used by any state or organization in order to avoid justice for thousands of deaf and orphaned young rape victims.

Question -- what is even worse than that?

Answer -- when diplomatic immunity is used by a church of God claiming "perfect teachings on morals" - against deaf and orphaned rape victims.

True -- some creeps defend this use.

Creepy.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#414918 Jan 12, 2013
Dear wrote:
Orthodox is the only true church!!!
Does the Orthodox Church have a bank and diplomatic immunity?

Nope.

Sorry, that's the new 21st century standard for "true church."
Pad

Rockford, IL

#414919 Jan 12, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Well of course she felt uncomfortable. I mean its not like you know who you're praying too. You probably pray to the trinity god.You do know the trinity belief came from the pagans don't you?
And you have settled for being in the same par with the Muslims,Hindus,and every other religion that believes Jesus is a Prophet,a good man,a godly man,a cosmic man,a messenger sent by God(Allah,Krishna,and whoever else).You have settled for one man that started the JW movement from Britain first,Rutherford,and of course Russel as well,who your organization was once called ((Russelites).

He changed the Scriptures to suit his theory that Jesus is a lesser god,read it for yourself in JOHN chapter One. Aviela, you were once a RC?

When I see Jehovah Witnesses,I see an organization that follows after those two men who started and furthered the LIE,that God(Jehovah) is no different from the Allah of Islam.Jesus is a super hero or star for your group.

I have never met a Jehovah Witness who could explain the Virgin Birth,nor could even attempt to explain how Jesus is just a superhero with no father.

Aviela,it is one thing to believe that JESUS is Unique,but it is another to KNOW that He is the SON of G o d,Son of Jehovah,Son of Elohim,Son of the God of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob.He is the Son that is the only Begotten of the Father in glory(This day I have begotten Thee) as stated in the Psalms.

Why settle for a superhero when you can have the SON who is worshiped by the Angels,glorified by His own Father?

Why settle for being one with the Muslims,and all those who deny the Deity of the Christ,Who was,and IS and IS to Come?

Explain to us Aviela WHO and W H A T Jesus is,and don't forget the Virgin Birth,the becoming human and having flesh and bones? Don't forget John the Apostle's warning that if we do not believe Jesus came in the flesh we are anti[-Christ.What does that mean? I noticed that you never replied to my other posts to you.
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#414920 Jan 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
$1,000 dollar question:
who on this Topix forum embarrasses themselves everyday with repeated 'news stories' from the viral world... trying to pass it off as fact?
Michael.
Yes mike, I came back for a few posts. But due to a couple unrelenting idiots, this forum is ruined. It used to an an engaging debate about theology.
Now its a participation in you and frees psychological issues. For that, I don't feel good about it.
I suppose after the first twenty child sexual abuse posts from you two today, I'll log off. Then of course, you morons will think you won the argument. lol
It reminds me of the arguments I had with my sister when I was kids. She would just repeat 'I know you are, but what am I. I know you are, but what am i". Of course, I walked away, and she thought she won the argument. lol That's Mike and Free right there.
Links to news stories you can't refute, so you call names.

If the stories were not true, they wouldn't bother you so much.

We are here for you Clay.

Yes, we post the truth and one day, the truth will set you free -- free from having to stand against orphan rape victims. Wouldn't that be nice to be on the side of morality!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414921 Jan 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
$1,000 dollar question:
who on this Topix forum embarrasses themselves everyday with repeated 'news stories' from the viral world... trying to pass it off as fact?
Michael.
Yes mike, I came back for a few posts. But due to a couple unrelenting idiots, this forum is ruined. It used to an an engaging debate about theology.
Now its a participation in you and frees psychological issues. For that, I don't feel good about it.
I suppose after the first twenty child sexual abuse posts from you two today, I'll log off. Then of course, you morons will think you won the argument. lol
It reminds me of the arguments I had with my sister when I was kids. She would just repeat 'I know you are, but what am I. I know you are, but what am i". Of course, I walked away, and she thought she won the argument. lol That's Mike and Free right there.
No Clay, its about those that agree with you and those that don't. When someone has a different opinion you stomp off in a hissy fit, and declare you are not coming back.

I hope you learned your lesson while your tears dried up. Any more outbursts of anger and your time out will be two weeks in your room, and your computer will locked down.

Its not a catholic world, its a world of millions of opinions, and yours is no more important than anyone elses.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#414922 Jan 12, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Bless you Clay, I am here for you.
Speaking of "debate," let's do so -- but this time, try to stay on topic instead of making personal attacks.
Using personal attacks IS INDEED running away and avoiding the point.
Personal attacks DO MAKE IT APPEAR that you cannot refute and have lost the debate.
So obviously you can't respond to the RCC's shameful use of Mary as a pit bull -- oops, not official church teaching -- sorry I forgot.
OK, please defend the RCC's use of Diplomatic Immunity in order to avoid accountability in the rape of deaf children and orphans.
Why would any Church, especially the RCC have a need reason use Diplomatic Immunity in such a manner?
Why do you believe that this is moral and something Jesus would condone?
Direct question -- I say it is immoral, shameful, and makes the Vatican looks guilty as heck. Most of humanity agrees with me.
Here's your chance to man-up. Why are we wrong?
I have no clue what you're talking about. Really, Free. I have on clue.

Could you answer my question: Why do you care so much about the Catholic Church and her teachings? No ones forcing you to an Catholic..

How come you don't go after Mormonism, they also think they are the true church?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414923 Jan 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
lol Free..
replying to your last line "unless people like Michael and myself can wake up the faithful"
Is that what you think you're doing?
I'm sorry man, but becoming an ignorant brick wall doesn't do anything to advance your agenda.
You may think Catholics walk away from a debate with you because you 'won the argument'. But the fact is, we walk away because WE won the argument. Yes. We clearly provided a legitimate counter argument to you and exhausted all avenues of discussion. There is nothing more to discuss. Its not our fought you two are to stupid to see you been defeated.
Case in point: your Mary at Fatima thing you been talking about for over a year now has been fairly contested. You ignore it and march forward.
And if you think for a second, that I or any Catholic walks away from a discussion about child sexual abuse wit you or Michael, because you two clowns defeated us, is nothing short of hilarious!
You two are the biggest morons to ever log onto Topix. You're pretty much ruining this thread with non stop robotic posts about the same thing every day. You have serious psychological issues, and its out on the table for all of the internet world to see.
So, go ahead and think you're on some weird mission with Michael, it only adds to the comical display of ignorance.
When you left we all threw a party. Things were great for a few days.

We knew you were lurking, and we knew you would be back to do what you do best!, insult anyone non-catholic.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414924 Jan 12, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
And all stories written outside the bible by writers or historians, you won't see anything about a Jesus son of God at ALL!.
something is terribly wrong!
Hello Michael!(Waves)
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414925 Jan 12, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
No Clay, its about those that agree with you and those that don't. When someone has a different opinion you stomp off in a hissy fit, and declare you are not coming back.
I hope you learned your lesson while your tears dried up. Any more outbursts of anger and your time out will be two weeks in your room, and your computer will locked down.
Its not a catholic world, its a world of millions of opinions, and yours is no more important than anyone elses.
I think I'm the only non CAtholic here. I think outside the box. I'm not the popular chick in town..hehe

While they think I'm going to hell for drinking wine. I enjoy my *Moscato* every once in a while:oD
truth

Perth, Australia

#414926 Jan 12, 2013
long time ago in matrix is evil..
now
you are against me
against my people too
confidential talk and conspiracy which i know for that..you can't hide nothing at all.

no they don't liked real god..all of them is long time ago against real creator..
they sending false prophets as they are false long time ago..
truth

Perth, Australia

#414927 Jan 12, 2013
your law is not my law
psalm 22 will tell you about liars

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#414928 Jan 12, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Robert, I believe that Jehovah is the alpha and omega Jesus' father. Jesus came to earth to die for us and sanctify his father's name. The holy spirit is Jehovah's active force.
Aviela good friend

By what you write,(correct me if I am wrong), that Jehovah is outside of Creation, and that Jesus is the first part of Creation.( I am not clear on if you believe Jehovah and/or Jesus made/created the heavens and the earth.)

If this is the case, then is humanity made in the image of Jehovah, or Jesus, or both?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#414929 Jan 12, 2013
4GVN wrote:
Catholics will tell you that they don't place too much emphasis on Mary, but drive through any catholic neighborhood and see who is prominent in every front yard.
There is not a day that goes by when I do not view EWTN. It does have good programming,and so on.O f course I expect that teachings and prayers and so on include Mary.If I did not want to see that ,naturally I should not even watch EWTN.But the reality is,the veneration and doctrines that point to Mary's intercession and major role of being INTERCESSOR between Jesus and us is very apparent.

I always knew that was the case,but since three years ago when watching EWTN,it has been reinforced in my mind that Catholicism will never settle for the Biblical account of Mary.The emphasis on Mary is more than we could even imagine.The Catholics cannot separate themselves from it,and they totally identify themselves through Mary first to her Son. If that is not worship? I don't know what is. People think worship is just going to a service or Mass and saying or praying to God,and singing songs to Him,and lifting their hearts in praise to Him,that is true.But worship is also an attitude of the heart,and meditation to ONE beyond your physical space.

Mary is no less praised and worshiped than Jesus is,if you go through her first than she is worshiped,adored and glorified in your mind when you than go to her Son,the Lord Jesus. I think that when Catholics claim Mary is not worhiped,they are literally lying to themselves,or in the case of many they do not realize what they are doing.How is that so?

My point here is that MARY is worshiped,adored and glorified by every Catholic,whether they believe so in their hearts or not.Because by virtue of how they place her in the PRAYER and meditation of seeking to go to JESUS,she has to be venerated beyond any other human being.

The Catholics here all deny such things,than they are missing out on what many of their saints for centuries have not only stated but practiced,the full worship to the Arch as they call her.The difference between the ARCH of the Covenant which in and of itself was not worshiped,is that Mary being typified as such IS worshiped. Catholics deny it all you want,it is so.It is in every breath of what you espouse H e r to be,not only Blessed,but the O n e you must go through to get to her Son.You must venerate her,and so every litany said in every Novena,and every canticle sang to her with glorious pomp of her being Spouse to the Holy Spirit,Mother of God,and glorious Queen of Heaven and the Angels,is pure W o r s h i p, loud and clear.We cannot deny that is what you are doing but yet you do,actually that is shameful on your(Catholics) part,because you say one thing but do another.

I am not criticizing or vilifying the worship of Mary here,I am stating the obvious,Catholics worship her,and deny they do.That is shameful!
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414930 Jan 12, 2013
Just because a religion is rich, popular and its been around for a long time doesnt make it right. If that were the case Jesus would not have been CALLING OUT the Pharisees and Sadducees. So don't think for once that all religions are good and direct you to God. What I notice here many of you are caught up in the riches and glory of the Pope. The traditions of men, the fact that you can run your own program and do as you please because you lack faith and have no fear of the consequences that false religion will experience when Jesus comes and crumbles them to pieces.

Just saying;o)
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414931 Jan 12, 2013
I want to answer all your questions and slander you make about my faith. But I can only take one question at a time and so por favor be patient with me...I only have 2 hands. Like I said before I'm not here to try and convert anyone but to clear Jehovah's name.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#414932 Jan 12, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael:"its a world of millions of opinions,and yours is no more important than anyone elses." Of coruse I agree with that,and remember that for yourself as well.AND I know sir that my opinion is often just an opinion as well. It takes a little humility to back off and not argue a point,to further your own opinion.

We often are not fully right or fully wrong,most of us are in the middle,looking both ways,trying to find a safe ground to voice our opinion without being viewed as an idiot and so on.

I love Christianity because although we have many opinions,we still have the final Word,that God has given to us through the Scriptures.In that we find common ground and the basis for our New Birth in Christ,who gave us Eternal Life,if we believe on Him. That is why I am not anti[-Catholic,prot,or anti anything Christian,even the cults have their good points and safe place in the Christian faith.Although the cults will have a rude awakening when they find out that believing Jesus is not Divine could cost them everything they so strived for within their organizations.(Just an opinion)!

I cannot condemn anyone to hell.It is not my place,but I can warn a person that rejecting Jesus as the Son of the Living God,Incarnate,could be a decision you will R E G R E T.

You have been on this forum a long time Michael,somehow, you must down deep share a little of what we believe,or you would not spend so much time with us?

You may say NO,but how can you constantly read our affirmation of faith,and continue on such a hard road of unbelief,(many atheists have come on here and left)?You are a former Catholic as the majority of those who challenge the Catholics on this forum.Nothing ever taught to you took root?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#414933 Jan 12, 2013
Aviela wrote:
I want to answer all your questions and slander you make about my faith. But I can only take one question at a time and so por favor be patient with me...I only have 2 hands. Like I said before I'm not here to try and convert anyone but to clear Jehovah's name.
That is good ,dear Aviela,you should try to defend the LORD,and His greatness,and all that He is.We as believers have the greater opportunity to prove Him who is Good,by being Good ourselves,and living in His righteousness.Remember though Aviela,that the Apostle Peter discovered that Jesus was Whom He said He was by the Holy Spirit,revelation.That is how we know that Jesus is not only Sent by the Father,but also One with the Father.

Were you once a RC?
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#414934 Jan 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no clue what you're talking about. Really, Free. I have on clue.
Could you answer my question: Why do you care so much about the Catholic Church and her teachings? No ones forcing you to an Catholic..
How come you don't go after Mormonism, they also think they are the true church?
Clay, I'd suggest you stop answering them. They're attention junkies. Every time someone replies to them, it releases dopamine in their tiny little brain and they get a rush like an addict. Mikey starts yapping and nipping at ankles, and that other thing starts braying at the top of its lungs...lol! Just scroll past their posts, most people do.

The Catholic Church is the biggest threat to militant atheists because she speaks out the loudest against their agendas. She keeps God in the public eye, and they want Him removed. They're not as threatened by the fundies because they're too scattered, splintered, fractured to make a difference. They're never the first to speak out, but usually follow in the Church's footsteps. So, of course, the Church is their prime target. Nevertheless, if you go to one of the fundie threads here, you'll see them do the same thing, maybe worse.

I wouldn't worry about Heckle and Jeckle if I were you. Dan and Anthony wiped the floor with them, so they're having a hissy fit. Just talk around them; have discussions with other people. IOW, ignore them...like everybody else does.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414935 Jan 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad, Michael may be more enlighten about this then me . I am not into politics. I voted twice in my life the first for Joe Clark , they throw him out after a few months, then Bob Ray he nearly bankrupted the country. LOL
Our Gas, oil, hydro, all went up too. rents are through the roof I can tell you that. any where from $850,00 to a $1000,00 a month for a 1 bedroom apt plus heat and hydro. Alot of people use the soup kitchens and food banks
People up here have wood stoves, but even a core of wood is very expensive unless you go out and cut your own which some people have done just better not do it on crowned land.
I have been well looked after Pad my children help alot.
What really hit alot of retired folks after saving for years so they could have a comfortable retirement the government decided to tax their RRSP, in a sense they stole their life savings. It added up to thousands of dollars that was a bitter pill to swallow.
Then they gave themselves a big pay rise.
Hi LTM.......It doesn't matter what political party is in power, they always find a way to squander billions dollars, create scandals, and fail to live up to their promises.

Every political power have their own agendas and it isn't taking care of the people who pay the bills, its their party agendas.

Pad

Rockford, IL

#414936 Jan 12, 2013
Aviela wrote:
Just because a religion is rich, popular and its been around for a long time doesnt make it right. If that were the case Jesus would not have been CALLING OUT the Pharisees and Sadducees. So don't think for once that all religions are good and direct you to God. What I notice here many of you are caught up in the riches and glory of the Pope. The traditions of men, the fact that you can run your own program and do as you please because you lack faith and have no fear of the consequences that false religion will experience when Jesus comes and crumbles them to pieces.
Just saying;o)
Jesus will not crumble that which is His,but He will refine it,with fire.

We read in the Scriptures the WAY,and we read the perfect Will of the Father to have us go to Him through His Dear Son.When a believer repents and is baptized,he or she enters a Covenant with the Father through the everlasting will of the Son as well. The Father and the Son have the same Will,Purpose and Desire.The Holy Spirit reveals all of that to us when we become believers and WALK in the Will of G o d.(Jehovah,Yahweh,Yahoveh,YHWH ).

These things we find in Scripture,and when the Holy Spirit illumines us,we can with the Scripture confirm both,that agree to the glory of the Father and the Son.

Organizations,denominations and churches have been around since the beginning of the Apostolic VISION,to make deisciples of all Nations.

We all claim that we are right naturally,but the fact is IN Christ we are all the same.He is not divided,even though we may be.Your organization of course claims it is the only one,and that it alone is the true Apostolic Vision of Christ.Also the Mormons definitely claim the same.Every so[-called Christian group and church and so on claim they have the pure-unadulterated Word of God,and use it and practice it with great devotion and purpose.

But what we do when we are exclusive about it,is to say that Jesus alone started our group and we are the only ones who know His Will in regards to the human race.When in fact the Lord through the Holy Spirit brings conviction of heart,reveals sin,and requires us to REPENT.Than we enter the New Covenant in His Blood,which makes us in right standing with Him.

It is not an organization that identifies us with Christ,it is His precious Blood that cleanses us from sin that identifies us with Him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence 1 hr QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 2
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Jesus saves 8,717
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web