Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,980)

Showing posts 399,581 - 399,600 of529,783
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Oh, the irony!

lol...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I am not concerned as to what Catholics think about you. I just want to clear up all the slander your throw up in air about me.
ok, lets reason about this. where did I slander you? I dont even know you. but you are a hypocrite and that is evident, isnt it?
why dont you tell people what your nick means?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>ok, lets reason about this. where did I slander you? I dont even know you. but you are a hypocrite and that is evident, isnt it?
why dont you tell people what your nick means?
If your Preston you said I worship the devil.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> From experience trinitarians will have you go in circles for a whole semester.
Show me in the Bible where you find the word trinity.
does the fact that the word "trinity" is not in the Bible take away from God, the Holy Ghost and Jesus.

try again. and how can you say that you acknowledge that jesus is the Son of God and then fester over a word
Sock Puppy

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
We acknowledge that Jesus is the son of God.

I suppose by "we" you mean some denomination like the JW.

Jesus is Jehovah

Throughout the Bible you will find Jesus is not only the Son of God but also God "the beginning and the last".
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>but your answer is incorrect.the 144,000 are to be taken from the tribes of Israel, and their primary function is to preach and teach the Gospel to the Nation of Israel, that jesus christ is the Messiah.
IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY GENTILES AND CERTAINLY NOT A SATANIC CULT SUCH AS YOURS.
when Jesus died the curtains of the temple were torn open as a representation that the gentiles were invited into the heavenly kingdom.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>does the fact that the word "trinity" is not in the Bible take away from God, the Holy Ghost and Jesus.
try again. and how can you say that you acknowledge that jesus is the Son of God and then fester over a word
have you done the trinity research? Biblical and secular?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, but that figure is inaccurate.
it is supposed to be {almost} 7000 times, get it right or go back to the second grade.
You're right, my mistake. And who is this Jehovah that the Bible speaks about?

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>what do you think of a man that wont even take care or visit his own mother? he wants her put into a nursing home. if cathie is working, then my sister has to sleep in a chair, because she cant lift herself into her bed. and this worthless son will not drive 5 miles to help her, all because she is a Christian, and I cant lift her, she is to heavy for me.
I think it's sad,especially him living that close.

Sadly, there are times that it can't be helped,especially if the children are elderly themselves and are not able to take care of them.

I have a cousin that is a JW's.

He's the only oe in our family that is a JW.

It broke his mothers ( my aunts) heart when he joined them.

When he and his wife and children moved down from Mich after my aunt passed away,they built a beautiful home on his dad's property and his dad lived with them.His dad was Primitive Baptist.
After my aunt passed away,whenever anyone of us sent his dad a Christmas card,he would not get them.

That is infringing on his dads beliefs.

We told him that we sent one every year and he told us he didn't get them.

I don't think he realized that his son didn't believe in celebrating Christmas.

So sad.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If you take the 144,000 literal...then:
Revelation 14:1
14 Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and [[[[[with him 144,000 who had his name and his Fatherís name written on their foreheads.]]]]]
They would literally have the Fatherís name written on the foreheads in PLAIN sight.
Read... Rev 7: 4-8

These cannot be the tribes of natural Isreal because there never was a tribe of Joseph, the tribes of Ephraim and Dan are not included in the list here, and the levites were set aside for service in connection with the temple but were not reckoned as one of the 12 tribes. See numbers 1: 4-16.)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> when Jesus died the curtains of the temple were torn open as a representation that the gentiles were invited into the heavenly kingdom.
yep, but there will come a time that God turns back to His Children, and that time comes after the church is taken out and you that follow false teachers will be left behind, while God is dealing with israel

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Robert, I believe that Jehovah is the alpha and omega Jesus' father. Jesus came to earth to die for us and sanctify his father's name. The holy spirit is Jehovah's active force.
Yes,He did come in the flesh.

Revelation 17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not;

I am the first and the last:

18 I am he that liveth,

>>>>>and was dead;

and, behold,

>>>>I am alive for evermore, Amen;

and have the keys of hell and of death
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>does the fact that the word "trinity" is not in the Bible take away from God, the Holy Ghost and Jesus.
The trinity is not a Bible teaching it came from Greek philosophy. Paul had clearly recognized the danger of such contamination and perversion of the good news when he wrote to the Galatians and Colossian Christians: "Look out: perhaps there may someone who will carry you off as his prey through the philosophy and empty deceptions according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ."__Galatians 1: 7-9; Colossians 2:8; 1 Corinthians 1:22,23.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
You do know what the Bible says what will happen to those who add words to the scriptures right?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

I'll be back, gotta get my groove on to the *Bee Gees* on the radio...fever night fever night fever....hey!!

:oD
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Okay I'm back, what were we talking about? Allrighty then everyone sit down and relax, everything is going to be okay. Take a deep breath and chill...(smile)
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>yep, but there will come a time that God turns back to His Children, and that time comes after the church is taken out and you that follow false teachers will be left behind, while God is dealing with israel
Can you please quote a scripture that makes this statement.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Read... Rev 7: 4-8
These cannot be the tribes of natural Isreal because there never was a tribe of Joseph, the tribes of Ephraim and Dan are not included in the list here, and the levites were set aside for service in connection with the temple but were not reckoned as one of the 12 tribes. See numbers 1: 4-16.)
The sad part is you're 100 % right - based on sola scripture.
Preston is also 100% right - based on sola scripture.
Guest, 4gvn and Confrint are right too.

The problem of course is: Sola Scripture doesn't exist. Its an invention that men made up 1,600 yrs after Christ. It happened soon after the Bible became available to the laity because of the invention of the printing press.

Basically,

1. You have to think Christ started a conspiracy faith- that He never fully revealed to His Apostles. He quietly waited until the printing press was invented to let the common folk decide His ministry.

2. You all are using someone else's scripture to dictate their faith... or what you *think* their faith should be, based on the books they determined to be a part of their scripture.

3. why don't you take the Mormons Bible or the Koran and twist their religion around?

4. I know you mean well, but the New Testament Canon is a Catholic Bible. It was gathered, edited compiled and safeguarded by the Church. It does not belong to the JW people.
In fact, its really ironic that you guys are so trusting of the Roman Catholic Churchs declaration on the books.. How do you even know its a legitimate collection of writings? How do you know the Apostles wrote it?
You're relying on the authority of the Catholic Church to make such a declaration. Then, you beat them over the head with those same books they declared as inspired. Man, get your own books and label them inspired..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> You do know what the Bible says what will happen to those who add words to the scriptures right?
again, you need to go back to the second grade.

that concerns only the Book of revelation. read the 22 Chapter.lol.

you dont seem to have learned much in your Bible studies.

tell us again what your nick means.LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> You don't know because no one was trying to sale you anything.
Lie number #7
No he isn't lying.

I remember them asking me to give a quarter for them when they came to my house UNINVITED back in the 70's.

The man argued with me about Jesus' return and I got my Bible and told him to open his and when I used God's Holy Word to prove what I said,he left.

They might not ask for money now,but back then they did.

Do you still have to keep records of the houses that you go to and send them to the governing body?

Can you tell me what was the point in that?

Don't you know that a child of God can tell people the Gospel message without a governing body that tells you what to say?

You should be able to explain your belief without relying on the watchtower sources.

So far,every JW's that I have ever conversed with, copy and paste the watchtower teachings when they answer my questions.

I am not relying on what ex JW's say.
I am relying on what the JW's do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 399,581 - 399,600 of529,783
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••