Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,316
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Poplar Bluff, MO

#414714 Jan 11, 2013
fred wrote:
<quoted text>It is my thought that when you go into the world you become dirty for the world is dirty. and this is the reason for your ablution to me it makes me feel wonderful and yes sir you will be resurrected and will be taught the laws for a thousand years but then as you know satan will be loosened again to test you please do not fail...this final test. I think I will just wonder around and stay away from sinners.And if I might I have seen many people baptized but it was done incorrect.you must ask permission to come to the father trough the son and this is not done during most baptisms.
Where in scripture does it say that those who are in the first resurrection will be tempted when Satan is loosened for a short season. If we are raised incorruptable why would we be taught the laws when we have them in scripture now ? Do you not think our memories will be sharper and all scripture come into remembrance at that time ?
I take it that it will be those in the 2nd resurrection that will be subjected to Satan's short reign after the millenium.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#414715 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> False teachings? Are you ready to reason? Get your Bible whichever one you like.
ok, lets reason. you people claim to be witnesses of Jehovah, yet you do not acknowledge Jesus as God.

so lets look at the Bible and turn to Acts 1:8 and lets see what the Word says.

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and

{ye shall be witnesses unto me}

both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

this verse tells us that we are to be {His} witnesses, and this is Jesus speaking, yet you refuse to call Him God.

kinda hypocritical arent you?

but lets not stop there. lets look at what Luke wrote in chapter 13, verse 31.

And he(Jesus) was seen many days of them which came up with him(Jesus) from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are {his(Jesus) witnesses unto the people}.

not one time did I see the name Jehovah in connection with being witnesses.they all refer to Jesus
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#414716 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> some of it is symbolic and some literal.
If you take the 144,000 literal...then:

Revelation 14:1

14 Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and [[[[[with him 144,000 who had his name and his Fatherís name written on their foreheads.]]]]]

They would literally have the Fatherís name written on the foreheads in PLAIN sight.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414717 Jan 11, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
How can the JW organization know the EXACT number of vacancies today without any records from the first century???
Do you understand that the Book of Revelation is written in symbolic language???
The answer is indicated by the fact that, after mention of the definite number 144,000, Revelation 7:9 refers to "a great crowd, which no man was able to number." If the number 144,000 were not literal it would lack meaning as contrast to the "great crowd"." Viewing the number as literal agrees with Jesus' statement at Matthew 22:14 regarding the Kingdom of the heaves: "There are many invited, but few chosen.

Location hidden

#414718 Jan 11, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Preston,
How is your son doing???
I haven't watched the news in a while....
Is everything ok???
he completed his first semester, and is now on a break. he seems to like it ok but he isnt thrilled with the food, little meat and mostly veggies so he has lost a few pounds. he says they love him over there since he is pale skin and they like that. and he has blue eyes which is very rare over there so he has around 350 million chasing him.lol

he is going south since it is warmer down there for a few weeks and cathie is going over at his next break for a few weeks(if I pay for it, of course)
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414719 Jan 11, 2013
If you want to know truths and are too afraid to ask a witness what we believe please check us out at www.JW.org

Location hidden

#414720 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Why are you yelling

I guess that I started that since we have no way to emphasize our words, so we use caps for emphasis. BTW, since you do know me now as Preston, what is your first name. I hate to call you idiots etc without knowing you better.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414721 Jan 11, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>ok, lets reason. you people claim to be witnesses of Jehovah, yet you do not acknowledge Jesus as God.
both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
this verse tells us that we are to be {His} witnesses, and this is Jesus speaking, yet you refuse to call Him God.
And he(Jesus) was seen many days of them which came up with him(Jesus) from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are {his(Jesus) witnesses unto the people}.
not one time did I see the name Jehovah in connection with being witnesses.they all refer to Jesus
I take it your a trinitarian correct? If so reasoning would be like beating a dead horse. Jehovah, Jesus and the holy spirit are 3 different things. There are MORE scriptures that support it than in support of the trinity. I can quote you 500 scriptures and you will not agree. And its okay. I'm not trying to run in circles figuring out the demonic mystery of the trinity belief.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414722 Jan 11, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>ok, lets reason. you people claim to be witnesses of Jehovah, yet you do not acknowledge Jesus as God.
Jehovah's name was found over 7000 times in the original scriptures.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414723 Jan 11, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Why are you yelling
I guess that I started that since we have no way to emphasize our words, so we use caps for emphasis. BTW, since you do know me now as Preston, what is your first name. I hate to call you idiots etc without knowing you better.
You make your religion look bad when you talk nasty. You're not representing Jesus at all.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414724 Jan 11, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Better study and understand the Book of Revelation some more.....
I answered your question about the 144,000. Maybe you didn't see it. And good day to you..(smile)

Location hidden

#414725 Jan 11, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you even studied for yourself to understand what the leading Greek scholars say about the NWT???
I do remember what some teacher said to walter martin on a tv show once.

words to the effect it was "satanic deceitfulness" or words close to that.the jws have no one intelligent enough to cipher koine Greek into English.

I myself only know two person that are able to do translate that obselete Language into English.

one is my Pastors nephew who is a prof at a univesity in Ky and my friend Atta who teaches in a East coast university,

if you remember a few years ago when the catholic from ca wrote something to me in garbled Latin, I went onto my other forum and aksed her to transalte as I was confused because it meant two different things. she came back and gave me a correct translation and signed off with some koine Greek to me.

but I am certain that there are more than just the two that I have mentioned but none are jw's.

and there are probably more than several in the RCC.

if I remember correctly, Martin asked a jw a question in Greek and also hebrew and the jw was dumbfounded, he knew neither Language
Catholic Girl

Linthicum Heights, MD

#414726 Jan 11, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
All the congregants that attended that saw the nun turn up the Chalice and drain it.
You can call us liars as much as you please... but it does not erase the truth...
if shes did not want it publicly announced ...she should not have done it in public..
As for your patience ...I did not realize that we had that much control over you....
One thing for sure you will not/cannot censor us....no matter how angry you get.
Maybe she was cleaning up after Mass. If there's any wine left,what's she to do, throw it out? Heck no, I would have drank it also. The linens, candels and other items don't just appear, someone, usually the sacrastian or nun takes care of things. perhaps the sacrastian was busy elsehwere.\

gheesh!!!

“Son Of Maroons.”

Since: Jan 07

United Kingdom.

#414727 Jan 11, 2013
Elizabeth wrote:
As someone who is catholic and was raised in the faith, I find this truly offensive that the Pope would make a statement like this. It is making me seriously consider leaving the church. As long as popele believe in God and the holy trinity, why does it matter whether they believe as catholics, methodists, lutherans, etc? I think Benedict has gone too far with this statement and I do believe it is going to hurt the catholic church in the long run.
Jesus made it clear that the Catholic faith is not right anyway my Dear
Luke 11 verse 27&28 27.And it came to pass, as he (Jesus) spoke these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, "blessed is the womb that bare thee,and the paps which thou hast sucked". 28. But He said "Yea, rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God ,and keep it.

Location hidden

#414728 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I take it your a trinitarian correct? If so reasoning would be like beating a dead horse. Jehovah, Jesus and the holy spirit are 3 different things. There are MORE scriptures that support it than in support of the trinity. I can quote you 500 scriptures and you will not agree. And its okay. I'm not trying to run in circles figuring out the demonic mystery of the trinity belief.
is that your complete argument that you are bringing to the forum?

I present verses that indicate that we are to be witnesses of jesus and you say to me, "I take it that your a trinitarian"

thats it?

thats your best shot?

BTW there are some catholics on here who will tell you that I dont twist or try and deceive anyone with the Scriptures.

if you stay very long, you will see that 2.

Location hidden

#414729 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Jehovah's name was found over 7000 times in the original scriptures.
sorry, but that figure is inaccurate.

it is supposed to be {almost} 7000 times, get it right or go back to the second grade.

Location hidden

#414730 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I answered your question about the 144,000. Maybe you didn't see it. And good day to you..(smile)
but your answer is incorrect.the 144,000 are to be taken from the tribes of Israel, and their primary function is to preach and teach the Gospel to the Nation of Israel, that jesus christ is the Messiah.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY GENTILES AND CERTAINLY NOT A SATANIC CULT SUCH AS YOURS.

Location hidden

#414731 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
If you want to know truths and are too afraid to ask a witness what we believe please check us out at www.JW.org
for a person whose father is God, you should know Him much better.

Location hidden

#414732 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> You make your religion look bad when you talk nasty. You're not representing Jesus at all.
toda raba,lol
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414733 Jan 11, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>is that your complete argument that you are bringing to the forum?
I present verses that indicate that we are to be witnesses of jesus and you say to me, "I take it that your a trinitarian"
thats it?
thats your best shot?
BTW there are some catholics on here who will tell you that I dont twist or try and deceive anyone with the Scriptures.
if you stay very long, you will see that 2.
I am not concerned as to what Catholics think about you. I just want to clear up all the slander your throw up in air about me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Jesus saves 8,717
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Tue Jeff Brightone 1
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web