Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
399,481 - 399,500 of 532,934 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I hope you saw my apology..a few days ago. I'm sorry if I offended you. I answered your question and when to post it..topix swallowed it up...agape
Aviela new friend

Yes I did see your apology, though it was unnecessary, as I was not offended.

If sometimes you write a post, it is good to COPY it before you post. This is especially true when it is a lengthy or a long time before it is posted. The you can PASTE it if necessary, so you won't be disappointed at losing it....

In general, I will listen and respond to the best of my ability.
I have a rather low threshold for those that are dogmatic, and merely respond like a robot. Human beings were made to think. It is therefore to my advantage to think, and it is my hope others do likewise.

Although we each come with our own bias in a discussion, I find it beneficial to use reason and faith regarding scripture within a context, rather than "shredding" and abusing scripture for justifying my understanding....I hope you may do likewise.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>yes, when I deal with the devil and his friends, I am very outspoken.
your elders dont get anything because it goes to the higher ups.
Witnesses to STOP Selling Books and Magazines
Much of the following information was provided to Watchman Fellowship by Randy Watters of Bethel Ministries, and David Reed of Comments From The Friends.
Starting March 1st, Jehovah's Witnesses in the USA will no longer distribute books and magazines for a specified contribution.
A special announcement was made at all Kingdom Halls (Jehovah's Witness meeting places) around February 25th, outlining a new policy of distributing their literature "on a complete donation basis."
Monetary transactions for books and magazines at Witness' Kingdom Halls will also cease. Literature for door-to-door canvassing will be distributed to members without cost.
However, contribution boxes will be placed nearby for free-will donations.
Previously, Witness members purchased their literature at local Kingdom Halls and received reimbursement when they sold these items to the public.
People obtaining Watchtower literature from Witness canvassers will be asked if they would like to make a small donation. This, however, will not be a precondition of obtaining literature, as in the past.
I guess that those magazines make good starters for fire places.lol
when no one wants to buy them and the pack of wolves have to keep them,lol
I give you the time of day not because I think you're interested in truths, but because I want to I want to clear up the slander you speak against us. Now I caught you 4 LIES. We don't sell magazines. We give give them out free if someone chooses to donate for the worldwide preaching work then we will accept donations. But there is no prize tag on our literature. We give millions of Bibles away for free.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Exposing Preston's slander. I've caught him in 5 lies so far and they keep coming by the minute.
Here is the lies he's made about my faith that he knows NOTHING about.

1) His nephew worships the devil because he quoted Preston a scripture that he cannot refute. The scripture is found in Preston's Bible but he refuses to look it up.

2) We have deacons in our kingdom hall

3) A sister showed up at his door and said: she wanted to talk about the holy ghost

4) Our elders are greedy yet not ONE elder gets paid a dime for doing God's will to sheperd the flock

5) That he knows the Bible, Preston talks out of the side of his neck and doesn't think before he speaks. He DOES NOT know the Bible.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Every heresy from the beginning believed they were spiritually minded. No Catholic has ever said the scripture is not God breathed or inspired. Just because Protestants twist what is said does not make it true. You know very well the Catholic church does not believe it can go against scripture. We do however believe that Holy Tradition has always been a part of the Church as it was for the Jews and furthermore is necessary for proper interpretation. Protestants scholars have to admit the reality of the sigificants of Tradition in the early Church and they do. How would anyone know which books were spurrious or to include in the bible if it had not been for the Church and those appointed in succession to guide it and Hold Fast to the traditions they had been taught? Do you know what the criteria was when they were determining what was scripture and what was not? Why were the gnostic gospels rejected? Who gave Protestants the authority to determine what books they deem apocryphal? Isn't it obvious that early on the heresies all used scripture to justify their doctrines? Every single protestant who adheres to sola scriptura claims the right to interpret scripture and thus become supreme authorities of what the bible really says.
However Jesus DID NOT instruct the Apostles to write everything down and put it in a book that would be the sole rule of faith and each individual could interpret to their own destruction. He did not say which books were scripture as none of them were even written yet. Hebrews does not say Obey the book that is over you and do not give it grief unless someone disagrees with you then go out and start another church.
Paul tells Timothy not to ordain just anyone. Does that sound like a practice many Protestant sects follow? He did not hand out bibles. Furthermore the book of revelation is not the bible it is that book and there are multitudes of what people believe on that. It was also controversial that it was scripture and Luther most definitely wanted it gone. Now here is a Protestant site that argues when and to whom that book was written.
http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/revelation.html
Dust Storm

I understand your concern over heresy.

But here is the point, it is not for us to judge. Rather Matthew 13 describes the kingdom of heaven in many ways. But especially that it is left up to God and the angels to seperate the good and the bad.

Note within your own worship space there will be some seperated....

Obviously, the scripures, though not the fullness of the deposit of faith has within them enough for an understanding of salvation. This is the case, otherwise we could not consider the encycliccal writings that they are "relatives"(I am writing about some of the Protestants). Even though in general Protestants with great difficulty can accept that "some" Catholics might be saved.(smile).

So it would be better for them to believe illictly, and have them saved, than to not believe and have them lost....

Let God sort it out in the end. While we are alive in this world it is better then to encourage and warn each other with the scriptures.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Preston's lie number #6

We sale literature. No we don't.

By the time I apply my mascara and do a couple of errands when I come back Preston would have allready made 101 lies by 5 o'clock.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

;oD

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>I can depend on what God has told me.
the day of my dad funeral, my nephew said not to worry, he was only sleeping, and as I started to disagree with him(a deacon in your cult), God spoke to me and said these words."he is not a child of mine", therfore it follows, if you dont belong to God, you belong to the devil, and he surely does. to treat his mother like he does, he doesnt visit her, wishes nothing else for her but for her to be put in a nursing home. he is filth and it runs in your satanic church.
Question: "What does the Bible say about caring for our old parents?"
Answer: The Bible has much to say about caring for elderly parents and other family members who are not able to care for themselves. The early Christian church acted as the social services agency for other believers. They cared for the poor, the sick, the widows and the orphans who had no one else to care for them. Christians who had family members in need were expected to meet those needs. Unfortunately, caring for our parents in their old age is no longer an obligation that many of us are willing to accept.
The elderly can be seen as burdens rather than blessings. Sometimes we are quick to forget the sacrifices our parents made for us when they are in need of care themselves. Instead of taking them into our homes—whenever that is safe and feasible—we put them in retirement communities or nursing homes, sometimes against their will. We may not value the wisdom they have acquired through living long lives, and we can discredit their advice as “outdated.”
When we honor and care for our parents, we are serving God as well. The Bible says,“The church should care for any widow who has no one else to care for her. But if she has children or grandchildren, their first responsibility is to show godliness at home and repay their parents by taking care of them. This is something that pleases God very much....But those who won't care for their own relatives, especially those living in the same household, have denied what we believe. Such people are worse than unbelievers”(1 Timothy 5:3-4, 8).
WORSE THAN UNBELIEVERS. FITS MIKE TO A TEE.
http://www.gotquestions.org/caring-for-old-pa...
preston

lol....Come on. You can't judge a denomination by some screwball relative, or even a "clique" within a denomination....

Matt Chapter 13 lets God and the angels seperate them out of the church in the end. But it is best to correct them if you can.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Michael hows the weather down your way, its crazy up here we had such cold weather then it was 10 above yesterday now we have freezing rain and zone.
The flu bug has been flying around since before christmas, I am glad I had my shot. I feel a little under the weather but not sick like the rest.
Hi LTM. The flu bug is everywhere. The temperature tomorrow is going to 13 C in southern Ontario. So far a very good winter with above temperatures and little snow..........like last year.

Good to hear from you....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

preston wrote:
<quoted text>you wrote{Just because Protestants twist what is said does not make it true}\\I NEVER TWISTED ANYTHING.
REGGIE SAID THAT JESUS NEVER TOLD ANYONE TO WRITE SOMETHING DOWN. AND THAT IS SOMETHING THAT MOST OF YOU CATHOLICS HAVE SAID TIME AND TIME AGAIN ON THIS FORUM AND IT IS NOT TRUE.
AND I POSTED ONE VERSE INDICATING OTHERWISE.
LET GOD BE TRUE.
preston

Its an argument over who owns the apostles, Prots or Roman Catholics. Rather it should be who has the capacity to understand them.

Its not a matter of counting pros and cons to a viewpoint, and the one with the most wins. Rather it is the one who has faith that seeks understanding wins.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/a120.htm
Personally I would say that individually each protestant could be considered a denomination. That may be viewed as an attack or extreme by any Protestant, but the reality is by virtue of Sola scriptura the ONLY authority that ANY Protestant has to adhere to is that which they choose to believe scripture says. Each Protestant is a Supreme authority. In that respect Protestants hold more authority than any Pope has ever or will have.
So its a circular argument. The fact is there are far more than 30,000 using Barrets definition. The many little congregations containing 150 or so members are not listed.
Ok so if we look at individual things for example on this thread alone. Some say Baptisms is not necessary some say it is. Some say its not salvic others say it is. Some believe in infant baptism others no. Some say that baptism has nothing to do with water others do. Some say that baptism is only valid if immersed fully three times others say immersed only. Some say pouring is ok others not. Some say Sprinkling is acceptable others not. Some say it is only valid in the name of Jesus not the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Some say in the name of the Creator others the Mother of the Universe. There are more, but those are fairly significant differences. We can extend that to what the keys are, the law and various other applications.
Yet more than a few Protestants maintain they can condemn to hell other people and say they are not Christian because they do not see what they see. Each hurls they are preaching another gospel at one another. A group of people of say 15 people say they have the truth and they dont sin like those others. Sorry but the church is in the bible and there was always monarchal Bishops from the beginning. The bottom line is if there is no established authority and noone can really know the truth as many Protestants claim then how can anyone be certain of the truth. Repeatedly Protestants in here have trashed on the Early Fathers. Yet glorified the exegesis of some modern day preacher which holds portions of that which they believe.
Yeah, but you Catholics have people that grumble. Yes, we do! So did Moses, So did the Apostles and so did the people they appointed. Paul had hands laid on him and was baptized by Ananius an appointed member of the church. He didnt just have a vision and say the sinner prayer and the Apostles suddenly accepted him as an Apostle. Paul says to Timothy not to lay hands on (ordain)just anyone. Oddly enough a poster in here said that meant not to beat them up. Is that a personal interpretation? Sure is! Paul says to remember what you have learned and from whom you have learned it. The same Corinthians whom Paul wrote to with all their troubles were at it again when they had usurped their appointed Bishop. Pope Clement restored him when St John was still alive.
Those within the Catholic Church who rebel and disobey the church are being disobedient. The fact that they are seen as disobedient shows that the church is unified in teaching. Hebrews says to obey those who are over you and do not give them grief for it would be unprofitable for you. The Sola Scriptura Protestant claims the only authority is the bible and their interpretation is the supreme rule. That's not in the bible.
Thank God your not in the Bible,hot shot! You have claimed all along that protestants are a singular rebellious,each autonomous,each given to his or her own doxology,and your wrong.It is a prejudice you hold deep within your own understanding,and that has nothing to do with what God inspires in the hearts of so many to spread the gospel,outside of your Roman Catholicism.

There is a unity and God has placed it deep within the conscience of all believers.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LTM. The flu bug is everywhere. The temperature tomorrow is going to 13 C in southern Ontario. So far a very good winter with above temperatures and little snow..........like last year.
Good to hear from you....
Financially distraught Illinois thanks to the Democrates,is thankfully not too cold right now,our heat bills are not as high as they normally are this time of year.We need a break here.The present administration has raised our taxes 50 dollars cross the tax board,even more in some cases.We have to pay for the blunders of our politicians.Actually our Republicans are not much different from the Democrats,they all hate each other,and in secret are buddies,eat,drink and are merry with each other,and probably laugh at the multitudes of Americans who have to pay THEIR (politicians) bills.

It is warmer here,we expect cold weather very soon,most likely a Canadian blast which we get every so often.Why are you Canadians doing better politically,have any answers to that Michael,or LTM,whoever wants to answer,please do?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry orphans.
The one-true church, perfect in teachings on morals -- has determined that we can't help you -- due to Holy Diplomatic Immunity. But Jesus and His one-true church love you.
Michael, this is exactly why I am HONORED to be called names by the Catholic fanatics here.
The first incidents of abuse that I heard (other than rumors for years about some priests) was in the mid 1970s, an orphanage on the east coast of Canada run by the Irish Christian brothers. Mt Cashel. The abuse stories that came out about christian brothers sexually abusing orphans were gut wrenching, and most catholics just looked the other way or never discussed it. The inquiries went on for years and many christian brothers went to jail.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Cashel_Orp...

One only has to google clergy abuse orphans and pages of websites come up.

No offense to catholics but there has been a perverted sub culture within the catholic clergy for centuries, and with the advent of the internet we are now finding out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

preston wrote:
Ignatius died around 115 A.D. and he quoted Matthew. Therefore Matthew had to be written before he died.
and since you catholics place so much empahsis on this kook, then we can assume that the writings of the Apostles were already in place before any RCC was formed from the Actual early Christian Church.
so quit saying that jesus NEVE INSTRUCTED any Apsolte to write down His Words.
this is as childish an argument that could ever been given for whatever reason.
it has nothing to do with the FACT that they thought it was very important for all future generations to know as much as possilbe about this man called Jesus, Our Savior.
what are you catholics trying to prove by saying that he never told them to write anything down?
what profit is there for your church to insist that that is very important in Gods Plan?
are you wishing and wanting people to remain ignorant concerning what He really said? a la JW's?
would that not benefit satan much more than Jesus?
preston

I think most people believe they are "chosen" by God, and then seek to justify it by works.

Some groups are more paranoid about this situation(being chosen and justification by faith) than others. It is a paranoia based on fear. This isn't all bad, as it helps preserve group integrity(lol that ole esprit de corps of the military) to a degree and prevents the diluting of the faith into mere speculation and curiosity.

Rather it is better to be known for love, than for fear.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
For the (unteenth time)The word "Catholic" doesn't have to be in the bible to know that Jesus Christ (one and only) Church was Universal (Catholic) at that time. Church History proves over and over and over again that it was Jesus'(One-Universal-Catholic) Apostolic Church. The are not just "cradle Catholics" that make up the 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world, but now in the 21st century Protestants and bible only believers are "converting in great numbers" to the One True Apostolic Catholic Church of Jesus Christ---(rejecting liberalism, secular humanism, political correctness and a "degradation" of immoral" and (false bible teachings that are polluting the Protestant Churches, with abortion, gay marriage, euthenasia, embroyonic stem cell research, etc. Since you jethro8, continue to remain on the "outside of the TRUTH" always looking in, it is only YOU that has the ability to deal with your (on-going) hate, hostility, vengeance and animosity against the PROVEN biblical and historical TRUTH of Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church
Amen hojo!!!

Happy New Year.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Catholics can expect a another flow of new converts in the near future.
Ding dong the bells are gonna ring!!!

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...

Famous Church's Bells To Ring For Same-Sex Couples
by The Associated Press
January 10, 2013 1:52 AM

WASHINGTON (AP)— The Washington National Cathedral had been ready to embrace same-sex marriage for some time, though it took a series of recent events and a new leader for the prominent, 106-year-old church to announce Wednesday that it would begin hosting such nuptials.

The key development came last July when the Episcopal Church approved a ceremony for same-sex unions at its General Convention in Indianapolis, followed by the legalization of gay marriage in Maryland, which joined the District of Columbia. The national church made a special allowance for marriage ceremonies in states where gay marriage is legal.”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
lol....Come on. You can't judge a denomination by some screwball relative, or even a "clique" within a denomination....
Matt Chapter 13 lets God and the angels seperate them out of the church in the end. But it is best to correct them if you can.
robert, what God told me was many years ago. his not taking care of his mom is right now.

I will go with what God told me about their false cult.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Hi Robert!(Waves):oD

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

reggie, my baby boy in China.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
Its an argument over who owns the apostles, Prots or Roman Catholics. Rather it should be who has the capacity to understand them.
Its not a matter of counting pros and cons to a viewpoint, and the one with the most wins. Rather it is the one who has faith that seeks understanding wins.
yesterday, I posted a link that showed that all catholics use that old cliche about jesus never told anyone to write anything down, and so everyone must see that He did indeed say to write His Words down.

if the apostles didnt write letters to the churches, we would have no or little info about His life, and rather than pull that cliche out every so often, we should be thankfull that they did write His Words.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I give you the time of day not because I think you're interested in truths, but because I want to I want to clear up the slander you speak against us. Now I caught you 4 LIES. We don't sell magazines. We give give them out free if someone chooses to donate for the worldwide preaching work then we will accept donations. But there is no prize tag on our literature. We give millions of Bibles away for free.
Aug, 21, 1982, some jw's came to my door and we talked for awhile and then they TRIED TO SELL ME THEIR MAGAZINES, WHEN I DECLINED THEN THEY TRIED TO LEAVE THEM WITH ME.

and then i kicked them out, I just wanted to hear their lies.lol.

and as far as your Bible,you would have to give them away, no Christian would ever want to buy one

unless it is to see how the devil has changed the Word of God.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Hebrewsunite 8,181
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Sat Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••