Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,142
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#414654 Jan 11, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
Its an argument over who owns the apostles, Prots or Roman Catholics. Rather it should be who has the capacity to understand them.
Its not a matter of counting pros and cons to a viewpoint, and the one with the most wins. Rather it is the one who has faith that seeks understanding wins.
yesterday, I posted a link that showed that all catholics use that old cliche about jesus never told anyone to write anything down, and so everyone must see that He did indeed say to write His Words down.

if the apostles didnt write letters to the churches, we would have no or little info about His life, and rather than pull that cliche out every so often, we should be thankfull that they did write His Words.

Location hidden

#414655 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I give you the time of day not because I think you're interested in truths, but because I want to I want to clear up the slander you speak against us. Now I caught you 4 LIES. We don't sell magazines. We give give them out free if someone chooses to donate for the worldwide preaching work then we will accept donations. But there is no prize tag on our literature. We give millions of Bibles away for free.
Aug, 21, 1982, some jw's came to my door and we talked for awhile and then they TRIED TO SELL ME THEIR MAGAZINES, WHEN I DECLINED THEN THEY TRIED TO LEAVE THEM WITH ME.

and then i kicked them out, I just wanted to hear their lies.lol.

and as far as your Bible,you would have to give them away, no Christian would ever want to buy one

unless it is to see how the devil has changed the Word of God.

Location hidden

#414656 Jan 11, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
I think most people believe they are "chosen" by God, and then seek to justify it by works.
Some groups are more paranoid about this situation(being chosen and justification by faith) than others. It is a paranoia based on fear. This isn't all bad, as it helps preserve group integrity(lol that ole esprit de corps of the military) to a degree and prevents the diluting of the faith into mere speculation and curiosity.
Rather it is better to be known for love, than for fear.
lots of people, lots of years ago, had lots of fear for your church.

none have ever had any fear for my denomination, nor has any church ever been coerced into joining our denomination. those who join, join in love and fellowship

Location hidden

#414657 Jan 11, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
lol....Come on. You can't judge a denomination by some screwball relative, or even a "clique" within a denomination....
Matt Chapter 13 lets God and the angels seperate them out of the church in the end. But it is best to correct them if you can.
robert , spend some time studying this cult before you judge me.

DO JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES SHUN FAMILY MEMBERS WHO LEAVE?— Does the Bible Support the Jehovah’s Witness practice of shunning?

A common trait among cults and destructive religious groups is the practice of “shunning” members who leave (disassociate) or get expelled (disfellowshipped or excommunicated) for wrongdoing. While these groups often assert that the practice of shunning (prohibiting all unnecessary communication with ex-members) is a “loving” form of spiritual punishment, many question the validity of this claim. The Jehovah’s Witnesses have a long history of shunning family members and friends who leave their religion and the carnage this has practice has left behind in the lives of many broken families is irreconcilable as the following statement from an ex-Jehovah’s Witness testifies.

http://4witness.org/jehovahs_witness/jw-shunn...

some time ago, a coworker(a jw) gave me a rough time over my brother(who was a county commiss) and he said that my brother used his influence to keep this jw from seeing his children(even tho ALL OF THEM WERE ADULTS,LOL). AND HE SPOKE PRETTY BAD ABOUT MY BROTHER, AND I AGREED WITH IT, AS I TOLD HIM THAT MY BROTEHR HAD HIS MARRIAGE BROKEN UP BY ANOTHER MAN AND HE SHOULDNT HAVE DONE THAT TO THAT GUY.

NOW THAT TRAMP THAT HE MARRIED GOT HIM INTO THE JW"S AND STEINER AND HIM BECAME VERY GOOD FRIENDS.AND AS FOR MY BROTHER, i JUST LAUGHED AT HIM BECAUSE i KNEW HOW STEINER TALKED ABOUT HIM FOR SO LONG.

And I treat my brother the same way that I would treat any other follower of the devil, he isnt allowed to darken my door, nor would I invite him inside, just as I wouildnt invite satan to come in, there is no difference
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414658 Jan 11, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Aug, 21, 1982, some jw's came to my door and we talked for awhile and then they TRIED TO SELL ME THEIR MAGAZINES, WHEN I DECLINED THEN THEY TRIED TO LEAVE THEM WITH ME.
and as far as your Bible,you would have to give them away, no Christian would ever want to buy one
And so how much were the magazines?

Location hidden

#414659 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> And so how much were the magazines?
dont know and dont care. I aint stupid enough to make deals with the devil. God was dealing with me and He wanted me to hear their lies.and they didnt like it when I reached and picked up a Bible.lol
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#414660 Jan 11, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
The first incidents of abuse that I heard (other than rumors for years about some priests) was in the mid 1970s, an orphanage on the east coast of Canada run by the Irish Christian brothers. Mt Cashel. The abuse stories that came out about christian brothers sexually abusing orphans were gut wrenching, and most catholics just looked the other way or never discussed it. The inquiries went on for years and many christian brothers went to jail.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Cashel_Orp...
One only has to google clergy abuse orphans and pages of websites come up.
No offense to catholics but there has been a perverted sub culture within the catholic clergy for centuries, and with the advent of the internet we are now finding out.
How many times has that same story been repeated on 5 Continent.
?

Imagine if Jesus' "only" church had a shred of morality. The pattern would have been exposed decades ago.

As you point out, it took the Internet and the Information Age before the RCC suddenly became concerned about their own morals.

I'm amazed this church still has 4% to 5% of humanity believing in the absurd.

But some people still believe the earth is flat, Communism works, and Big Foot is real.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414661 Jan 11, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>robert , spend some time studying this cult before you judge me.
DO JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES SHUN FAMILY MEMBERS WHO LEAVE?— Does the Bible Support the Jehovah’s Witness practice of shunning?
A common trait among cults and destructive religious groups is the practice of “shunning” members who leave (disassociate) or get expelled (disfellowshipped or excommunicated) for wrongdoing. While these groups often assert that the practice of shunning (prohibiting all unnecessary communication with ex-members) is a “loving” form of spiritual punishment, many question the validity of this claim. The Jehovah’s Witnesses have a long history of shunning family members and friends who leave their religion and the carnage this has practice has left behind in the lives of many broken families is irreconcilable as the following statement from an ex-Jehovah’s Witness testifies.
some time ago, a coworker(a jw) gave me a rough time over my brother(who was a county commiss) and he said that my brother used his influence to keep this jw from seeing his children(even tho ALL OF THEM WERE ADULTS,LOL). AND HE SPOKE PRETTY BAD ABOUT MY BROTHER, AND I AGREED WITH IT, AS I TOLD HIM THAT MY BROTEHR HAD HIS MARRIAGE BROKEN UP BY ANOTHER MAN AND HE SHOULDNT HAVE DONE THAT TO THAT GUY.
NOW THAT TRAMP THAT HE MARRIED GOT HIM INTO THE JW"S AND STEINER AND HIM BECAME VERY GOOD FRIENDS.AND AS FOR MY BROTHER, i JUST LAUGHED AT HIM BECAUSE i KNEW HOW STEINER TALKED ABOUT HIM FOR SO LONG.
And I treat my brother the same way that I would treat any other follower of the devil, he isnt allowed to darken my door, nor would I invite him inside, just as I wouildnt invite satan to come in, there is no difference
Unrepentant adulteres, fornicators, liars theives..ect get disfellowshiped. The congregations are to be kept clean. If you have a Bible take the time and read this scriptures from your OwN Bible. This is nothing new under the sun it happened in Paul's day.

Location hidden

#414662 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I give you the time of day not because I think you're interested in truths, but because I want to I want to clear up the slander you speak against us. Now I caught you 4 LIES. We don't sell magazines. We give give them out free if someone chooses to donate for the worldwide preaching work then we will accept donations. But there is no prize tag on our literature. We give millions of Bibles away for free.
I didnt write that link, I just posted it for all to see how you people lie so much.

In reaction to recent Supreme Court decision:{Witnesses to STOP Selling Books and Magazines}ME:NOW THAT IS AS PLAIN AS PLAIN CAN BE
Much of the following information was provided to Watchman Fellowship by Randy Watters of Bethel Ministries, and David Reed of Comments From The Friends.

Starting March 1st, Jehovah's Witnesses in the USA will no longer distribute books and magazines for a specified contribution.

A special announcement was made at all Kingdom Halls (Jehovah's Witness meeting places) around February 25th, outlining a new policy of distributing their literature "on a complete donation basis."

Monetary transactions for books and magazines at Witness' Kingdom Halls will also cease. Literature for door-to-door canvassing will be distributed to members without cost.

However, contribution boxes will be placed nearby for free-will donations.

Previously, Witness members purchased their literature at local Kingdom Halls and received reimbursement when they sold these items to the public.

People obtaining Watchtower literature from Witness canvassers will be asked if they would like to make a small donation. This, however, will not be a precondition of obtaining literature, as in the past.

Witnesses in other countries will continue the sale of literature as before.

Witness critics cite the January 17th Supreme Court decision which ruled that sales taxes could be levied on materials distributed by Jimmy Swaggart Ministries, as a possible reason for the change.

The Watchtower Society, parent organization for Jeho¬vah's Witnesses, had filed legal papers in the in support of Swaggart, according to UPI reports.

The Watchtower's letter, dated February 9th was obviously designed to avoid any tax problem, for the new policy is only in force in the USA.

http://www.watchman.org/jw/jwstop.htm .

BTW, you ought to know how much they sell for, you got to buy them first and then try and get your money back.lol

Location hidden

#414663 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Unrepentant adulteres, fornicators, liars theives..ect get disfellowshiped. The congregations are to be kept clean. If you have a Bible take the time and read this scriptures from your OwN Bible. This is nothing new under the sun it happened in Paul's day.
what your satanic cult does and what you say are two diferent animals, just like you lying about not selling your perverted magazines.lol
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414664 Jan 11, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>robert , spend some time studying this cult before you judge me.
Figures, you're straight out posting apostate stuff from EX WITNESSES. Those are the ones who scream, hoot, curse, yell at us and picket outside our conventions. No I know you're really posting lies.
fred

Piedmont, OK

#414665 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> The scriptures talk about meeting together to encourage incite and love one another. It talks about elders directing the flock, etc how are we to do that if we serve God solo running our own program?
Hard question to answer because all churches are a mixture of righteousness and evil.and no one is on the same page I know elders And I am One but we do not worship a man made god we worship Yahweh who is not a god and people can look over my post all they want but it will not change the fact that mortal man changed his name and made him A god.

In case you did not know...the words lord god baal was added to his name because the divine reverence of his name was believed to be to holy to be spoken so man changed his name and made him a god the very thing he warns you not to worship god and or gods and he says you will cause them to forget my name and the world has.....no one can prove this wrong so they continue their god worship rev 12/9 is so true.I think one must pray to the creator for understanding.god worship must be destroyed....

Location hidden

#414666 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Unrepentant adulteres, fornicators, liars theives..ect get disfellowshiped. The congregations are to be kept clean. If you have a Bible take the time and read this scriptures from your OwN Bible. This is nothing new under the sun it happened in Paul's day.
HOW ABOUT TELLING THE tRUTH?

Disfellowshipping Sins:

•Reading Anti-JW literature
•Criticizing the teachings of the Watchtower
•Communicating with Ex-JWs
•Gambling
•Smoking
•Blood Transfusions
•Dating a non-Jehovah’s Witness, and many other offenses not mentioned in the Bible as disfellowshipping offenses

An unrepentant Jehovah’s Witness is disfellowshipped without the input of the congregation. A Jehovah’s Witness who commits “unclean conduct” according to the Watchtower’s guidelines is disfellowshipped by a “judicial committee” made of up three Jehovah’s Witness elders. This decision is made behind closed doors without the input of others in the congregation

Disfellowshipped Jehovah’s Witnesses are not to be considered “brothers” in the faith, but rather enemies to be “hated” with “Godly hatred”(WT 6-15-1980, p. 8 and WT 10-1-1993, p. 13). Ex-Jehovah’s Witnesses are told that they have lost their salvation and have no hope of future resurrection unless they return to the Watchtower organization before their physical death.

Unless the member is appointed as a qualified “elder,” all communication between Jehovah’s Witness members and Ex-Jehovah’s Witnesses is strictly prohibited. Referencing 2 John 10 to support this practice, the Watchtower takes this passage out of context. This verse speaks of not greeting/welcoming false teachers into the first century “house” churches to proclaim their false gospel message to church members. This passage has nothing to do with how to treat a disfellowshipped “brother.

NOW FROM THE bIBLE;

While “association” with an expelled “brother” is limited (2 Thessalonians 3:6, 14; 1 Corinthians 5:11), they are still allowed to be spoken to and “admonished” to turn from their sinful ways (2 Thessalonians 3:15). There is no indication in any of these Scriptures that only “elders” are allowed to communicate with expelled “brothers.” James 5:19-20:“My brethren, if any among you strays from the truth and one turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of SINS.

There is no command in Scripture to shun those who leave the Christian faith (1 John 2:19). While those who cause divisions (Romans 16:17) or promote false doctrines (Titus 3:10) are to be watched and “rejected” if they do not repent after being warned, there is no command to stop communicating with ex-believers.

For more information see:

WHAT IS A CULT?- Key Facts You Should Know About Cults and Mind Control

Are Jehovah's Witnesses a cult?

Why do people leave cults?

Disfellowshipped but Saved by Jehovah!- Anne Marie's Story ( 4jehovah.org )

fred

Piedmont, OK

#414667 Jan 11, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>I BELIEVE I AREADY DONE that when I confessed and accepted Christ as my Saviour was Baptised has he commanded as an action of my faith and entered his rest and will wait in my lot til the ressurection when I will be raised incorruptable and go through the thousand year rest with Christ prior to the 2nd resurrection unto judgement.
It is my thought that when you go into the world you become dirty for the world is dirty. and this is the reason for your ablution to me it makes me feel wonderful and yes sir you will be resurrected and will be taught the laws for a thousand years but then as you know satan will be loosened again to test you please do not fail...this final test. I think I will just wonder around and stay away from sinners.And if I might I have seen many people baptized but it was done incorrect.you must ask permission to come to the father trough the son and this is not done during most baptisms.

Location hidden

#414668 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Figures, you're straight out posting apostate stuff from EX WITNESSES. Those are the ones who scream, hoot, curse, yell at us and picket outside our conventions. No I know you're really posting lies.
who should know better than those who have escaped the snares of the devil and your cult?lol
fred

Piedmont, OK

#414669 Jan 11, 2013
Why can no one see they changed his name and made him a god ????????? and does he not warn you about god worship he don't even want to be in the same category as gods...do you not think that revelation 12/9 does not pertain to you.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#414670 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Because I know what we teach, how we speak. We are united as one. There is no division among our teachings. No witness will ever knock on a door and say: Hey let's talk about the Holy Ghost!! Its just not going to happen. We don't use the word Holy Ghost in the ministry. We say: Holy Spirit.
I thought you guys say His active force.

I asked you a few weeks ago if you have been born again,you never answered,unless I missed it.

Also,what about 'ol Taz?
What about all the failed predictions of the end of time.
Rememeber 1975?

Why do you all keep changing?

'ol Taz used the KJV,what happened with that?

They changed God's Holy Word by omitting very inportant verses in order to deny the diety of Christ our Saviour.

Also,they have added to His Word.

Just look up the history of the JW's.

Deut. 18:22, "If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him." If someone makes a false prophecy, and they have claimed to be a prophet of God, then they are false prophets and are not to be listened to. Do the Witnesses claim to be the prophet of God? Yes, they do.

In 1972 the Jehovah's Witness Watchtower claimed to be the prophet of God.

http://carm.org/jehovahs-witnesses-and-their-...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#414671 Jan 11, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Aug, 21, 1982, some jw's came to my door and we talked for awhile and then they TRIED TO SELL ME THEIR MAGAZINES, WHEN I DECLINED THEN THEY TRIED TO LEAVE THEM WITH ME.
Hey Preston,

I, too, have spoke with these people.....

I have asked them so many questions in which they have NO answers.....

Just more false teachers.....

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#414672 Jan 11, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>sorry to hear about your loss of your nephew,and my best wishes to your brother in his recovery,pancreatic cancer is the most serious of cancers,but if caught in time it's possible to survive it,so never say never,tell him to stay positive,there is allways a chance.
Thank you Jethro.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#414673 Jan 11, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>dont know and dont care. I aint stupid enough to make deals with the devil. God was dealing with me and He wanted me to hear their lies.and they didnt like it when I reached and picked up a Bible.lol
lol........

I didn't even have a bible when they confronted me.....

Just fired a lot of questions at me with NO answers in return....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 19 hr Jesus saves 8,717
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Tue Jeff Brightone 1
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Tue USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Tue woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web