Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595812 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Pad

Rockford, IL

#414644 Jan 11, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/a120.htm
Personally I would say that individually each protestant could be considered a denomination. That may be viewed as an attack or extreme by any Protestant, but the reality is by virtue of Sola scriptura the ONLY authority that ANY Protestant has to adhere to is that which they choose to believe scripture says. Each Protestant is a Supreme authority. In that respect Protestants hold more authority than any Pope has ever or will have.
So its a circular argument. The fact is there are far more than 30,000 using Barrets definition. The many little congregations containing 150 or so members are not listed.
Ok so if we look at individual things for example on this thread alone. Some say Baptisms is not necessary some say it is. Some say its not salvic others say it is. Some believe in infant baptism others no. Some say that baptism has nothing to do with water others do. Some say that baptism is only valid if immersed fully three times others say immersed only. Some say pouring is ok others not. Some say Sprinkling is acceptable others not. Some say it is only valid in the name of Jesus not the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Some say in the name of the Creator others the Mother of the Universe. There are more, but those are fairly significant differences. We can extend that to what the keys are, the law and various other applications.
Yet more than a few Protestants maintain they can condemn to hell other people and say they are not Christian because they do not see what they see. Each hurls they are preaching another gospel at one another. A group of people of say 15 people say they have the truth and they dont sin like those others. Sorry but the church is in the bible and there was always monarchal Bishops from the beginning. The bottom line is if there is no established authority and noone can really know the truth as many Protestants claim then how can anyone be certain of the truth. Repeatedly Protestants in here have trashed on the Early Fathers. Yet glorified the exegesis of some modern day preacher which holds portions of that which they believe.
Yeah, but you Catholics have people that grumble. Yes, we do! So did Moses, So did the Apostles and so did the people they appointed. Paul had hands laid on him and was baptized by Ananius an appointed member of the church. He didnt just have a vision and say the sinner prayer and the Apostles suddenly accepted him as an Apostle. Paul says to Timothy not to lay hands on (ordain)just anyone. Oddly enough a poster in here said that meant not to beat them up. Is that a personal interpretation? Sure is! Paul says to remember what you have learned and from whom you have learned it. The same Corinthians whom Paul wrote to with all their troubles were at it again when they had usurped their appointed Bishop. Pope Clement restored him when St John was still alive.
Those within the Catholic Church who rebel and disobey the church are being disobedient. The fact that they are seen as disobedient shows that the church is unified in teaching. Hebrews says to obey those who are over you and do not give them grief for it would be unprofitable for you. The Sola Scriptura Protestant claims the only authority is the bible and their interpretation is the supreme rule. That's not in the bible.
Thank God your not in the Bible,hot shot! You have claimed all along that protestants are a singular rebellious,each autonomous,each given to his or her own doxology,and your wrong.It is a prejudice you hold deep within your own understanding,and that has nothing to do with what God inspires in the hearts of so many to spread the gospel,outside of your Roman Catholicism.

There is a unity and God has placed it deep within the conscience of all believers.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#414645 Jan 11, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LTM. The flu bug is everywhere. The temperature tomorrow is going to 13 C in southern Ontario. So far a very good winter with above temperatures and little snow..........like last year.
Good to hear from you....
Financially distraught Illinois thanks to the Democrates,is thankfully not too cold right now,our heat bills are not as high as they normally are this time of year.We need a break here.The present administration has raised our taxes 50 dollars cross the tax board,even more in some cases.We have to pay for the blunders of our politicians.Actually our Republicans are not much different from the Democrats,they all hate each other,and in secret are buddies,eat,drink and are merry with each other,and probably laugh at the multitudes of Americans who have to pay THEIR (politicians) bills.

It is warmer here,we expect cold weather very soon,most likely a Canadian blast which we get every so often.Why are you Canadians doing better politically,have any answers to that Michael,or LTM,whoever wants to answer,please do?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414646 Jan 11, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry orphans.
The one-true church, perfect in teachings on morals -- has determined that we can't help you -- due to Holy Diplomatic Immunity. But Jesus and His one-true church love you.
Michael, this is exactly why I am HONORED to be called names by the Catholic fanatics here.
The first incidents of abuse that I heard (other than rumors for years about some priests) was in the mid 1970s, an orphanage on the east coast of Canada run by the Irish Christian brothers. Mt Cashel. The abuse stories that came out about christian brothers sexually abusing orphans were gut wrenching, and most catholics just looked the other way or never discussed it. The inquiries went on for years and many christian brothers went to jail.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Cashel_Orp...

One only has to google clergy abuse orphans and pages of websites come up.

No offense to catholics but there has been a perverted sub culture within the catholic clergy for centuries, and with the advent of the internet we are now finding out.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#414648 Jan 11, 2013
preston wrote:
Ignatius died around 115 A.D. and he quoted Matthew. Therefore Matthew had to be written before he died.
and since you catholics place so much empahsis on this kook, then we can assume that the writings of the Apostles were already in place before any RCC was formed from the Actual early Christian Church.
so quit saying that jesus NEVE INSTRUCTED any Apsolte to write down His Words.
this is as childish an argument that could ever been given for whatever reason.
it has nothing to do with the FACT that they thought it was very important for all future generations to know as much as possilbe about this man called Jesus, Our Savior.
what are you catholics trying to prove by saying that he never told them to write anything down?
what profit is there for your church to insist that that is very important in Gods Plan?
are you wishing and wanting people to remain ignorant concerning what He really said? a la JW's?
would that not benefit satan much more than Jesus?
preston

I think most people believe they are "chosen" by God, and then seek to justify it by works.

Some groups are more paranoid about this situation(being chosen and justification by faith) than others. It is a paranoia based on fear. This isn't all bad, as it helps preserve group integrity(lol that ole esprit de corps of the military) to a degree and prevents the diluting of the faith into mere speculation and curiosity.

Rather it is better to be known for love, than for fear.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#414649 Jan 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
For the (unteenth time)The word "Catholic" doesn't have to be in the bible to know that Jesus Christ (one and only) Church was Universal (Catholic) at that time. Church History proves over and over and over again that it was Jesus'(One-Universal-Catholic) Apostolic Church. The are not just "cradle Catholics" that make up the 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world, but now in the 21st century Protestants and bible only believers are "converting in great numbers" to the One True Apostolic Catholic Church of Jesus Christ---(rejecting liberalism, secular humanism, political correctness and a "degradation" of immoral" and (false bible teachings that are polluting the Protestant Churches, with abortion, gay marriage, euthenasia, embroyonic stem cell research, etc. Since you jethro8, continue to remain on the "outside of the TRUTH" always looking in, it is only YOU that has the ability to deal with your (on-going) hate, hostility, vengeance and animosity against the PROVEN biblical and historical TRUTH of Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church
Amen hojo!!!

Happy New Year.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#414650 Jan 11, 2013
Catholics can expect a another flow of new converts in the near future.
Ding dong the bells are gonna ring!!!

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...

Famous Church's Bells To Ring For Same-Sex Couples
by The Associated Press
January 10, 2013 1:52 AM

WASHINGTON (AP)— The Washington National Cathedral had been ready to embrace same-sex marriage for some time, though it took a series of recent events and a new leader for the prominent, 106-year-old church to announce Wednesday that it would begin hosting such nuptials.

The key development came last July when the Episcopal Church approved a ceremony for same-sex unions at its General Convention in Indianapolis, followed by the legalization of gay marriage in Maryland, which joined the District of Columbia. The national church made a special allowance for marriage ceremonies in states where gay marriage is legal.”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#414651 Jan 11, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
lol....Come on. You can't judge a denomination by some screwball relative, or even a "clique" within a denomination....
Matt Chapter 13 lets God and the angels seperate them out of the church in the end. But it is best to correct them if you can.
robert, what God told me was many years ago. his not taking care of his mom is right now.

I will go with what God told me about their false cult.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414652 Jan 11, 2013
Hi Robert!(Waves):oD

Location hidden

#414653 Jan 11, 2013
reggie, my baby boy in China.

Location hidden

#414654 Jan 11, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
Its an argument over who owns the apostles, Prots or Roman Catholics. Rather it should be who has the capacity to understand them.
Its not a matter of counting pros and cons to a viewpoint, and the one with the most wins. Rather it is the one who has faith that seeks understanding wins.
yesterday, I posted a link that showed that all catholics use that old cliche about jesus never told anyone to write anything down, and so everyone must see that He did indeed say to write His Words down.

if the apostles didnt write letters to the churches, we would have no or little info about His life, and rather than pull that cliche out every so often, we should be thankfull that they did write His Words.

Location hidden

#414655 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I give you the time of day not because I think you're interested in truths, but because I want to I want to clear up the slander you speak against us. Now I caught you 4 LIES. We don't sell magazines. We give give them out free if someone chooses to donate for the worldwide preaching work then we will accept donations. But there is no prize tag on our literature. We give millions of Bibles away for free.
Aug, 21, 1982, some jw's came to my door and we talked for awhile and then they TRIED TO SELL ME THEIR MAGAZINES, WHEN I DECLINED THEN THEY TRIED TO LEAVE THEM WITH ME.

and then i kicked them out, I just wanted to hear their lies.lol.

and as far as your Bible,you would have to give them away, no Christian would ever want to buy one

unless it is to see how the devil has changed the Word of God.

Location hidden

#414656 Jan 11, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
I think most people believe they are "chosen" by God, and then seek to justify it by works.
Some groups are more paranoid about this situation(being chosen and justification by faith) than others. It is a paranoia based on fear. This isn't all bad, as it helps preserve group integrity(lol that ole esprit de corps of the military) to a degree and prevents the diluting of the faith into mere speculation and curiosity.
Rather it is better to be known for love, than for fear.
lots of people, lots of years ago, had lots of fear for your church.

none have ever had any fear for my denomination, nor has any church ever been coerced into joining our denomination. those who join, join in love and fellowship

Location hidden

#414657 Jan 11, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
lol....Come on. You can't judge a denomination by some screwball relative, or even a "clique" within a denomination....
Matt Chapter 13 lets God and the angels seperate them out of the church in the end. But it is best to correct them if you can.
robert , spend some time studying this cult before you judge me.

DO JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES SHUN FAMILY MEMBERS WHO LEAVE?— Does the Bible Support the Jehovah’s Witness practice of shunning?

A common trait among cults and destructive religious groups is the practice of “shunning” members who leave (disassociate) or get expelled (disfellowshipped or excommunicated) for wrongdoing. While these groups often assert that the practice of shunning (prohibiting all unnecessary communication with ex-members) is a “loving” form of spiritual punishment, many question the validity of this claim. The Jehovah’s Witnesses have a long history of shunning family members and friends who leave their religion and the carnage this has practice has left behind in the lives of many broken families is irreconcilable as the following statement from an ex-Jehovah’s Witness testifies.

http://4witness.org/jehovahs_witness/jw-shunn...

some time ago, a coworker(a jw) gave me a rough time over my brother(who was a county commiss) and he said that my brother used his influence to keep this jw from seeing his children(even tho ALL OF THEM WERE ADULTS,LOL). AND HE SPOKE PRETTY BAD ABOUT MY BROTHER, AND I AGREED WITH IT, AS I TOLD HIM THAT MY BROTEHR HAD HIS MARRIAGE BROKEN UP BY ANOTHER MAN AND HE SHOULDNT HAVE DONE THAT TO THAT GUY.

NOW THAT TRAMP THAT HE MARRIED GOT HIM INTO THE JW"S AND STEINER AND HIM BECAME VERY GOOD FRIENDS.AND AS FOR MY BROTHER, i JUST LAUGHED AT HIM BECAUSE i KNEW HOW STEINER TALKED ABOUT HIM FOR SO LONG.

And I treat my brother the same way that I would treat any other follower of the devil, he isnt allowed to darken my door, nor would I invite him inside, just as I wouildnt invite satan to come in, there is no difference
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414658 Jan 11, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Aug, 21, 1982, some jw's came to my door and we talked for awhile and then they TRIED TO SELL ME THEIR MAGAZINES, WHEN I DECLINED THEN THEY TRIED TO LEAVE THEM WITH ME.
and then i kicked them out, I just wanted to hear their lies.lol.
and as far as your Bible,you would have to give them away, no Christian would ever want to buy one
unless it is to see how the devil has changed the Word of God.
And so how much were the magazines?

Location hidden

#414659 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> And so how much were the magazines?
dont know and dont care. I aint stupid enough to make deals with the devil. God was dealing with me and He wanted me to hear their lies.and they didnt like it when I reached and picked up a Bible.lol
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#414660 Jan 11, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
The first incidents of abuse that I heard (other than rumors for years about some priests) was in the mid 1970s, an orphanage on the east coast of Canada run by the Irish Christian brothers. Mt Cashel. The abuse stories that came out about christian brothers sexually abusing orphans were gut wrenching, and most catholics just looked the other way or never discussed it. The inquiries went on for years and many christian brothers went to jail.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Cashel_Orp...
One only has to google clergy abuse orphans and pages of websites come up.
No offense to catholics but there has been a perverted sub culture within the catholic clergy for centuries, and with the advent of the internet we are now finding out.
How many times has that same story been repeated on 5 Continent.
?

Imagine if Jesus' "only" church had a shred of morality. The pattern would have been exposed decades ago.

As you point out, it took the Internet and the Information Age before the RCC suddenly became concerned about their own morals.

I'm amazed this church still has 4% to 5% of humanity believing in the absurd.

But some people still believe the earth is flat, Communism works, and Big Foot is real.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414661 Jan 11, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>robert , spend some time studying this cult before you judge me.
DO JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES SHUN FAMILY MEMBERS WHO LEAVE?— Does the Bible Support the Jehovah’s Witness practice of shunning?
A common trait among cults and destructive religious groups is the practice of “shunning” members who leave (disassociate) or get expelled (disfellowshipped or excommunicated) for wrongdoing. While these groups often assert that the practice of shunning (prohibiting all unnecessary communication with ex-members) is a “loving” form of spiritual punishment, many question the validity of this claim. The Jehovah’s Witnesses have a long history of shunning family members and friends who leave their religion and the carnage this has practice has left behind in the lives of many broken families is irreconcilable as the following statement from an ex-Jehovah’s Witness testifies.
some time ago, a coworker(a jw) gave me a rough time over my brother(who was a county commiss) and he said that my brother used his influence to keep this jw from seeing his children(even tho ALL OF THEM WERE ADULTS,LOL). AND HE SPOKE PRETTY BAD ABOUT MY BROTHER, AND I AGREED WITH IT, AS I TOLD HIM THAT MY BROTEHR HAD HIS MARRIAGE BROKEN UP BY ANOTHER MAN AND HE SHOULDNT HAVE DONE THAT TO THAT GUY.
NOW THAT TRAMP THAT HE MARRIED GOT HIM INTO THE JW"S AND STEINER AND HIM BECAME VERY GOOD FRIENDS.AND AS FOR MY BROTHER, i JUST LAUGHED AT HIM BECAUSE i KNEW HOW STEINER TALKED ABOUT HIM FOR SO LONG.
And I treat my brother the same way that I would treat any other follower of the devil, he isnt allowed to darken my door, nor would I invite him inside, just as I wouildnt invite satan to come in, there is no difference
Unrepentant adulteres, fornicators, liars theives..ect get disfellowshiped. The congregations are to be kept clean. If you have a Bible take the time and read this scriptures from your OwN Bible. This is nothing new under the sun it happened in Paul's day.

Location hidden

#414662 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> I give you the time of day not because I think you're interested in truths, but because I want to I want to clear up the slander you speak against us. Now I caught you 4 LIES. We don't sell magazines. We give give them out free if someone chooses to donate for the worldwide preaching work then we will accept donations. But there is no prize tag on our literature. We give millions of Bibles away for free.
I didnt write that link, I just posted it for all to see how you people lie so much.

In reaction to recent Supreme Court decision:{Witnesses to STOP Selling Books and Magazines}ME:NOW THAT IS AS PLAIN AS PLAIN CAN BE
Much of the following information was provided to Watchman Fellowship by Randy Watters of Bethel Ministries, and David Reed of Comments From The Friends.

Starting March 1st, Jehovah's Witnesses in the USA will no longer distribute books and magazines for a specified contribution.

A special announcement was made at all Kingdom Halls (Jehovah's Witness meeting places) around February 25th, outlining a new policy of distributing their literature "on a complete donation basis."

Monetary transactions for books and magazines at Witness' Kingdom Halls will also cease. Literature for door-to-door canvassing will be distributed to members without cost.

However, contribution boxes will be placed nearby for free-will donations.

Previously, Witness members purchased their literature at local Kingdom Halls and received reimbursement when they sold these items to the public.

People obtaining Watchtower literature from Witness canvassers will be asked if they would like to make a small donation. This, however, will not be a precondition of obtaining literature, as in the past.

Witnesses in other countries will continue the sale of literature as before.

Witness critics cite the January 17th Supreme Court decision which ruled that sales taxes could be levied on materials distributed by Jimmy Swaggart Ministries, as a possible reason for the change.

The Watchtower Society, parent organization for Jeho¬vah's Witnesses, had filed legal papers in the in support of Swaggart, according to UPI reports.

The Watchtower's letter, dated February 9th was obviously designed to avoid any tax problem, for the new policy is only in force in the USA.

http://www.watchman.org/jw/jwstop.htm .

BTW, you ought to know how much they sell for, you got to buy them first and then try and get your money back.lol

Location hidden

#414663 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Unrepentant adulteres, fornicators, liars theives..ect get disfellowshiped. The congregations are to be kept clean. If you have a Bible take the time and read this scriptures from your OwN Bible. This is nothing new under the sun it happened in Paul's day.
what your satanic cult does and what you say are two diferent animals, just like you lying about not selling your perverted magazines.lol
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414664 Jan 11, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>robert , spend some time studying this cult before you judge me.
Figures, you're straight out posting apostate stuff from EX WITNESSES. Those are the ones who scream, hoot, curse, yell at us and picket outside our conventions. No I know you're really posting lies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Crazy 9,526
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... 13 hr 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Mon The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web