Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
399,441 - 399,460 of 532,440 Comments Last updated 23 min ago

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:
I humbly ask you all to pray for my brother who lives in Ohio.
We found out he has pancreas cancer.
It doesn't look good but I know that God is in full control.
His son,my nephew died last month.
Please keep us all in your prayers.
sorry to hear about your loss of your nephew,and my best wishes to your brother in his recovery,pancreatic cancer is the most serious of cancers,but if caught in time it's possible to survive it,so never say never,tell him to stay positive,there is allways a chance.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL It started at 40,000 he keeps adding to the number.

Hello LTM.

Its his way of having fun. He has yet to respond with his list to verify his total.

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
LOL, LOOKS LIKE I RAN THE CATHOLICS OFF.
sorry.
Preston, not to fear, its not the first time you ran anyone off, and I am sure it won't be the last.

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Who taught you from childhood that we are a Satanic cult? Do you believe everything everyone tells you? Why not go to the horses mouth and find out for yourself. If you have never studied with the witnesses for at least a year, tested the scriptures with any Bible you like to compare. Gone to a convention, experience the worldwide loving brotherhood we have where there is no race or money barrier than you're just slandering and spreading lies. Now you know how God feels about big FAT LIES don't you?
www.JW.org
Aviela says about Preston........Now you know how God feels about big FAT LIES don't you!

Michael responds. Don't forget Aviela, its Prestons job to call people LIARS. Ask gif, and KAYMARIE.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Dan! "Denial of Truth" are the three words have (conveniently) "escaped" the Protestant vocabulary of their 42,000+ contradicting (hodge-podge) of inconsistent denominations!!
"Denial of Truth" perfect fit for the catholic church as well,you have a criminal for a pope,a vatican council that seems to think lying is not a sin, yet you apply "Denial of Truth" to everyone but the devils playground (the c.c.)
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

preston wrote:
<quoted text>I guess that you aint caught on yet.
I dont like your church, nor you either if you are in it and you are. is that plain enough for you?
people like you and my nephew that serve the devil, are not on my most popular individuals to invite for a cookout.
I would split a pepsi with anthony much quicker than I would with my own nephew.
PRESTON says......I would split a pepsi with anthony much quicker than I would with my own nephew.

MICHAEL says...

How sad, you determine friendships based solely on ones religious belief. How shallow is that?

.... I will bet when the bullits were flying in Nam' all the allies were YOUR FRIENDS regardless of religious affiliation.

How cheap are you? You wouldn't give Anthony his own pepsi?

UNBELIEVABLE!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

preston wrote:
<quoted text>HistoryUnlike Peter and other apostles in the early Christian church, who devotedhoped that his refusal to accept financial support would build general, Nehemiah was cupbearer to the King, Esther was a great ruler of her people, and Luke was a physician. Even Jesus himself worked as a carpenter (see Mark 6:3).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tentmaking
edited for space.

You do know Preston that long before the catholic fathers who many were ex-pagans they too worshipped a TRINITY of their gods.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/760...

Preston....

....It is a well confirmed historical fact! that beginning in about 130 A.D. many of the Catholic Church Fathers- the Apologists- were converts from paganism and trained pagan philosophers. These included Justin Martyr (ca. 100-165), Tatian (ca. 200) and Theophilus of Antioch (ca. 160-200). Indeed their knowledge of the Old Testament came through their readings of the philosopher Philo. Tertullian explicitly employed written works of pagan philosophers in support of his Christian philosophy (De Test. Animae I). Such fathers as Justin Martyr (Apol. I, 4, 5, 7, 20) and Athenagoras (ca. 177)(Supplic. 5, 6), in order to defend Christianity, stated that they were following some of the practices advocated by the best of the pagan philosophers. Clement of Alexandria (ca. 150-215) actually undertook to create a new Christian philosophy he termed the 'true philosophy'[Trinitarianism](St rom. II, 11)" (Robert A. Hermann, "Oneness, The Trinity, And Logic".

Catholicism created the trinity from the pagan philosophy.

Sorry!

You didn't know this and you are a preacher? OMG!
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
PRESTON says......I would split a pepsi with anthony much quicker than I would with my own nephew.
MICHAEL says...
How sad, you determine friendships based solely on ones religious belief. How shallow is that?
.... I will bet when the bullits were flying in Nam' all the allies were YOUR FRIENDS regardless of religious affiliation.
How cheap are you? You wouldn't give Anthony his own pepsi?
UNBELIEVABLE!
Agent Orange maybe.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

preston wrote:
<quoted text>WHO CARES?
THE MAIN THING IS THAT i WOULDNT SET DOWN And SHARE ANYTHING WITH THE DEVIL AND YOU.LOL
Preston.......check this out below? Look closely, see any comparisons?

Read the story in the website. It will enlighten you.

http://pocm.info/

Has christianity ever created any customs/traditions on their own that hadn't been customs/traditons of others that came 1,000 years before?

....something is terribly wrong!
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>religion is called faith because there is no absolute truth/proof a god exists all we have is a single set of scriptures that resemble stories of decades earlier than the creation of christianity,being a cancer patient i can tell you with all honesty that i rely very heavily on modern technology to keep me alive and so far it has worked,i'm still here two years longer than i should be thanks to a new medication called xeloda,it is a chemo drug in pill form,that is why i'm still here,i follow doctors orders to the letter i eat right, my job supplies the exercise i need along with my little dog that drags me around all over the neighborhood when i walk her,i give her credit also for my being here because no matter how bad i feel she allways knows how to get to me and put a smile on my face,everyone should own a dog,we just might achieve world peace that way,obviously we don't know how to achieve it on our own,when in doubt "kill" seems to be mans solution to their problems,we spend more money on how to kill people than we do on how to save them,that's rediculous,if man concentrated on saving our world instead of destroying it we would have an actual garden of eden and not a mythical one. religion is blind faith,and allways will be unless an actual god appears before us while we are alive not dead.
Good post.

Like you, and in fact, like the most religious here, I rely on modern medical science when the chips are down.

If any religion is "peaceful," I haven't seen it. Buddhism maybe, but the Abraham regions are certain not "peace."

Best wishes,

Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

A few Priests here and a few Priests there are NOT the issue.

Catholics-in-denial wish it were.

It's the WORLDWIDE, DECADES LONG, INSTITUTIONAL COVER-UP that is the issue.

Jesus would not stand for such a thing from his "only true" church.

Jesus has self-respect.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Agent Orange maybe.
...ya! but just half!

Anthony goes to Prestons house. Preston says, Anthony would you like to split a pepsi with me? Anthony says, what? I can't have my own....who splits a small bottle of soda? How cheap are you?

Preston and Regina M. claim that their web brousers won't allow them to give negative judgies, but how coinicidental is it that whenever I post about them, I get negative judgies when everyone one else says "good post Michael"

...they are not truthful, yet boast about their righteousness.

I am sure he knows how to mix agent orange. Those war guys know all the secrets.

hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
edited for space.
You do know Preston that long before the catholic fathers who many were ex-pagans they too worshipped a TRINITY of their gods.
http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/760...
Preston....
....It is a well confirmed historical fact! that beginning in about 130 A.D. many of the Catholic Church Fathers- the Apologists- were converts from paganism and trained pagan philosophers. These included Justin Martyr (ca. 100-165), Tatian (ca. 200) and Theophilus of Antioch (ca. 160-200). Indeed their knowledge of the Old Testament came through their readings of the philosopher Philo. Tertullian explicitly employed written works of pagan philosophers in support of his Christian philosophy (De Test. Animae I). Such fathers as Justin Martyr (Apol. I, 4, 5, 7, 20) and Athenagoras (ca. 177)(Supplic. 5, 6), in order to defend Christianity, stated that they were following some of the practices advocated by the best of the pagan philosophers. Clement of Alexandria (ca. 150-215) actually undertook to create a new Christian philosophy he termed the 'true philosophy'[Trinitarianism](St rom. II, 11)" (Robert A. Hermann, "Oneness, The Trinity, And Logic".
Catholicism created the trinity from the pagan philosophy.
Sorry!
You didn't know this and you are a preacher? OMG!
Yes--"well confirmed" by the National Inquirer--which "parallels everything that you post on this forum.!!
DOUBLE BUSTED AND UNBELIEVABLE!!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Free MInd wrote:
A few Priests here and a few Priests there are NOT the issue.
Catholics-in-denial wish it were.
It's the WORLDWIDE, DECADES LONG, INSTITUTIONAL COVER-UP that is the issue.
Jesus would not stand for such a thing from his "only true" church.
Jesus has self-respect.
I am surprised Jesus with the help of the holy spirit, secretly, haven't gone around to all the catholic churches and removed any likeness of Jesus statues from churches that have been involved in sex abuse coverups?
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Imagine this....

An employee at a foreign embassy gets away with raping a child at a School for the Deaf -- because the employee is able to use the cover of diplomatic immunity.

Catholics would be outraged.

Unless it's their own church that provides the diplomatic immunity.

Catholics then rationalize -- "individual sinner, not the church."

Hello? Jesus' hand-picked teacher of "perfect" morality?

Sorry. More rationalization is required.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes--"well confirmed" by the National Inquirer--which "parallels everything that you post on this forum.!!
DOUBLE BUSTED AND UNBELIEVABLE!!
HOJO.......The Encyclopedia Britannica, Micropedia Volume 11, page 928, gives us the following facts about the trinity.

......TRINITY, in Christian doctrine, the unity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as three persons in one Godhead.

...... Neither the word Trinity nor the explicit doctrine appears in the New Testament, or the Old Testament, nor did Jesus and his followers intend to contradict the Shema in the Old Testament:

"Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord" (Deuteronomy 6:4). The doctrine developed gradually over several centuries and through many controversies.

.....Did you know HOJO that the Apostles creed was not formed or created by the apostles? It was invented by the RCC.

.....something is terribly wrong HOJO!
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> You say you were a pastor? Say ain't so? And this is how you talk to people? This is the perfect example why I won't go to your church. If this is the way pastors talk to folks I'd rather sit next to an alligator.
What church do you think Preston is in?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Wait a minute!! Who is copying who?

http://pocm.info/
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I am surprised Jesus with the help of the holy spirit, secretly, haven't gone around to all the catholic churches and removed any likeness of Jesus statues from churches that have been involved in sex abuse coverups?
lol Jesus can't be happy.

Imagine, "Holy diplomatic immunity" being used to avoid accountability in the abuse of children at orphanages!

Catholics must hate those poor orphans for making waves.

Oh well, "just a few sinners here and there" -- protected by an institution with the power of diplomatic immunity.

But the Church didn't abuse any orphans.

The church is still perfect, right?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you are stating a falsehood here,nowhere in the book of mathew do you find the word catholic or universal,all that is stated is "MY CHURCH",that is not proof jesus is talking about a particular church,that is a man made conclussion. if it were the true church it would not have had to use the brutality that it did to get people to believe and follow it's false traditions,which have been handed down from generation to generation,most catholics are catholic because their ancestors were,they were raised to be catholic,they did not choose it,they were told what to believe,i see it all the time when i go to my brothers house or deal with my g/f's family and from talking to people i meet,the younger generations are not finding the truth on their own they are being told what it is and it's WRONG! people should be left alone to make their own choices not have a religion forced upon them,that is why you had 1.168 billion catholics at one time,but thanks to their own stupidity,they'll be none.
For the (unteenth time)The word "Catholic" doesn't have to be in the bible to know that Jesus Christ (one and only) Church was Universal (Catholic) at that time. Church History proves over and over and over again that it was Jesus'(One-Universal-Catholic) Apostolic Church. The are not just "cradle Catholics" that make up the 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world, but now in the 21st century Protestants and bible only believers are "converting in great numbers" to the One True Apostolic Catholic Church of Jesus Christ---(rejecting liberalism, secular humanism, political correctness and a "degradation" of immoral" and (false bible teachings that are polluting the Protestant Churches, with abortion, gay marriage, euthenasia, embroyonic stem cell research, etc. Since you jethro8, continue to remain on the "outside of the TRUTH" always looking in, it is only YOU that has the ability to deal with your (on-going) hate, hostility, vengeance and animosity against the PROVEN biblical and historical TRUTH of Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••