Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,793
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#414589 Jan 11, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know your brothers and sisters present the truth?
The RCC WANTS its members to be united, but they are not.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414590 Jan 11, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
The RCC WANTS its members to be united, but they are not.
So nice of you to say. Your response was better than mine..agape

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#414591 Jan 11, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>religion is called faith because there is no absolute truth/proof a god exists all we have is a single set of scriptures that resemble stories of decades earlier than the creation of christianity,being a cancer patient i can tell you with all honesty that i rely very heavily on modern technology to keep me alive and so far it has worked,i'm still here two years longer than i should be thanks to a new medication called xeloda,it is a chemo drug in pill form,that is why i'm still here,i follow doctors orders to the letter i eat right, my job supplies the exercise i need along with my little dog that drags me around all over the neighborhood when i walk her,i give her credit also for my being here because no matter how bad i feel she allways knows how to get to me and put a smile on my face,everyone should own a dog,we just might achieve world peace that way,obviously we don't know how to achieve it on our own,when in doubt "kill" seems to be mans solution to their problems,we spend more money on how to kill people than we do on how to save them,that's rediculous,if man concentrated on saving our world instead of destroying it we would have an actual garden of eden and not a mythical one. religion is blind faith,and allways will be unless an actual god appears before us while we are alive not dead.
Jethro8 - You warm my heart. I'm so glad this new med is helping you and I pray for you often. You're one of the kindest people here. And I can fully identify with how your beloved little dog can help you. My husband and I are like that; we'd always had dogs but now that we're older we have 2 "fixed" cats - a lot less work than dogs.

I think your philosophy is outstanding. Plus you're smart. And yes - until or unless an actual god appears here, religion is indeed no more than blind faith.

I hope you have a good day. HUG!

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#414592 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> So nice of you to say. Your response was better than mine..agape
I hope I didn't make you angry. I don't care about a lot of ppl here getting ticked off at me, but I like you.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#414593 Jan 11, 2013
Luke 10:26

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied.“How do you read it?”

"HOW DO YOU READ IT?"

What did Jesus even expect His enemies to do?

Jesus expected His enemies to correctly interpret the Bible by simply reading, studying it, and applying it to their lives.(obtaining the knowledge of the Word of God)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#414594 Jan 11, 2013
Jesus used THREE DANGEROUS WORDS to DEFEAT the Devil!!!

What were these THREE DANGEROUS WORDS???

Since: Nov 08

usa

#414595 Jan 11, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
I humbly ask you all to pray for my brother who lives in Ohio.
We found out he has pancreas cancer.
It doesn't look good but I know that God is in full control.
His son,my nephew died last month.
Please keep us all in your prayers.
sorry to hear about your loss of your nephew,and my best wishes to your brother in his recovery,pancreatic cancer is the most serious of cancers,but if caught in time it's possible to survive it,so never say never,tell him to stay positive,there is allways a chance.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414596 Jan 11, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL It started at 40,000 he keeps adding to the number.

Hello LTM.

Its his way of having fun. He has yet to respond with his list to verify his total.

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414597 Jan 11, 2013
preston wrote:
LOL, LOOKS LIKE I RAN THE CATHOLICS OFF.
sorry.
Preston, not to fear, its not the first time you ran anyone off, and I am sure it won't be the last.

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414598 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Who taught you from childhood that we are a Satanic cult? Do you believe everything everyone tells you? Why not go to the horses mouth and find out for yourself. If you have never studied with the witnesses for at least a year, tested the scriptures with any Bible you like to compare. Gone to a convention, experience the worldwide loving brotherhood we have where there is no race or money barrier than you're just slandering and spreading lies. Now you know how God feels about big FAT LIES don't you?
www.JW.org
Aviela says about Preston........Now you know how God feels about big FAT LIES don't you!

Michael responds. Don't forget Aviela, its Prestons job to call people LIARS. Ask gif, and KAYMARIE.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#414599 Jan 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Dan! "Denial of Truth" are the three words have (conveniently) "escaped" the Protestant vocabulary of their 42,000+ contradicting (hodge-podge) of inconsistent denominations!!
"Denial of Truth" perfect fit for the catholic church as well,you have a criminal for a pope,a vatican council that seems to think lying is not a sin, yet you apply "Denial of Truth" to everyone but the devils playground (the c.c.)
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414600 Jan 11, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I guess that you aint caught on yet.
I dont like your church, nor you either if you are in it and you are. is that plain enough for you?
people like you and my nephew that serve the devil, are not on my most popular individuals to invite for a cookout.
I would split a pepsi with anthony much quicker than I would with my own nephew.
PRESTON says......I would split a pepsi with anthony much quicker than I would with my own nephew.

MICHAEL says...

How sad, you determine friendships based solely on ones religious belief. How shallow is that?

.... I will bet when the bullits were flying in Nam' all the allies were YOUR FRIENDS regardless of religious affiliation.

How cheap are you? You wouldn't give Anthony his own pepsi?

UNBELIEVABLE!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414601 Jan 11, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>HistoryUnlike Peter and other apostles in the early Christian church, who devotedhoped that his refusal to accept financial support would build general, Nehemiah was cupbearer to the King, Esther was a great ruler of her people, and Luke was a physician. Even Jesus himself worked as a carpenter (see Mark 6:3).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tentmaking
edited for space.

You do know Preston that long before the catholic fathers who many were ex-pagans they too worshipped a TRINITY of their gods.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/760...

Preston....

....It is a well confirmed historical fact! that beginning in about 130 A.D. many of the Catholic Church Fathers- the Apologists- were converts from paganism and trained pagan philosophers. These included Justin Martyr (ca. 100-165), Tatian (ca. 200) and Theophilus of Antioch (ca. 160-200). Indeed their knowledge of the Old Testament came through their readings of the philosopher Philo. Tertullian explicitly employed written works of pagan philosophers in support of his Christian philosophy (De Test. Animae I). Such fathers as Justin Martyr (Apol. I, 4, 5, 7, 20) and Athenagoras (ca. 177)(Supplic. 5, 6), in order to defend Christianity, stated that they were following some of the practices advocated by the best of the pagan philosophers. Clement of Alexandria (ca. 150-215) actually undertook to create a new Christian philosophy he termed the 'true philosophy'[Trinitarianism](St rom. II, 11)" (Robert A. Hermann, "Oneness, The Trinity, And Logic".

Catholicism created the trinity from the pagan philosophy.

Sorry!

You didn't know this and you are a preacher? OMG!
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#414602 Jan 11, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
PRESTON says......I would split a pepsi with anthony much quicker than I would with my own nephew.
MICHAEL says...
How sad, you determine friendships based solely on ones religious belief. How shallow is that?
.... I will bet when the bullits were flying in Nam' all the allies were YOUR FRIENDS regardless of religious affiliation.
How cheap are you? You wouldn't give Anthony his own pepsi?
UNBELIEVABLE!
Agent Orange maybe.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414603 Jan 11, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>WHO CARES?
THE MAIN THING IS THAT i WOULDNT SET DOWN And SHARE ANYTHING WITH THE DEVIL AND YOU.LOL
Preston.......check this out below? Look closely, see any comparisons?

Read the story in the website. It will enlighten you.

http://pocm.info/

Has christianity ever created any customs/traditions on their own that hadn't been customs/traditons of others that came 1,000 years before?

....something is terribly wrong!
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#414604 Jan 11, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>religion is called faith because there is no absolute truth/proof a god exists all we have is a single set of scriptures that resemble stories of decades earlier than the creation of christianity,being a cancer patient i can tell you with all honesty that i rely very heavily on modern technology to keep me alive and so far it has worked,i'm still here two years longer than i should be thanks to a new medication called xeloda,it is a chemo drug in pill form,that is why i'm still here,i follow doctors orders to the letter i eat right, my job supplies the exercise i need along with my little dog that drags me around all over the neighborhood when i walk her,i give her credit also for my being here because no matter how bad i feel she allways knows how to get to me and put a smile on my face,everyone should own a dog,we just might achieve world peace that way,obviously we don't know how to achieve it on our own,when in doubt "kill" seems to be mans solution to their problems,we spend more money on how to kill people than we do on how to save them,that's rediculous,if man concentrated on saving our world instead of destroying it we would have an actual garden of eden and not a mythical one. religion is blind faith,and allways will be unless an actual god appears before us while we are alive not dead.
Good post.

Like you, and in fact, like the most religious here, I rely on modern medical science when the chips are down.

If any religion is "peaceful," I haven't seen it. Buddhism maybe, but the Abraham regions are certain not "peace."

Best wishes,

Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#414605 Jan 11, 2013
A few Priests here and a few Priests there are NOT the issue.

Catholics-in-denial wish it were.

It's the WORLDWIDE, DECADES LONG, INSTITUTIONAL COVER-UP that is the issue.

Jesus would not stand for such a thing from his "only true" church.

Jesus has self-respect.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414606 Jan 11, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Agent Orange maybe.
...ya! but just half!

Anthony goes to Prestons house. Preston says, Anthony would you like to split a pepsi with me? Anthony says, what? I can't have my own....who splits a small bottle of soda? How cheap are you?

Preston and Regina M. claim that their web brousers won't allow them to give negative judgies, but how coinicidental is it that whenever I post about them, I get negative judgies when everyone one else says "good post Michael"

...they are not truthful, yet boast about their righteousness.

I am sure he knows how to mix agent orange. Those war guys know all the secrets.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#414607 Jan 11, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
edited for space.
You do know Preston that long before the catholic fathers who many were ex-pagans they too worshipped a TRINITY of their gods.
http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/760...
Preston....
....It is a well confirmed historical fact! that beginning in about 130 A.D. many of the Catholic Church Fathers- the Apologists- were converts from paganism and trained pagan philosophers. These included Justin Martyr (ca. 100-165), Tatian (ca. 200) and Theophilus of Antioch (ca. 160-200). Indeed their knowledge of the Old Testament came through their readings of the philosopher Philo. Tertullian explicitly employed written works of pagan philosophers in support of his Christian philosophy (De Test. Animae I). Such fathers as Justin Martyr (Apol. I, 4, 5, 7, 20) and Athenagoras (ca. 177)(Supplic. 5, 6), in order to defend Christianity, stated that they were following some of the practices advocated by the best of the pagan philosophers. Clement of Alexandria (ca. 150-215) actually undertook to create a new Christian philosophy he termed the 'true philosophy'[Trinitarianism](St rom. II, 11)" (Robert A. Hermann, "Oneness, The Trinity, And Logic".
Catholicism created the trinity from the pagan philosophy.
Sorry!
You didn't know this and you are a preacher? OMG!
Yes--"well confirmed" by the National Inquirer--which "parallels everything that you post on this forum.!!
DOUBLE BUSTED AND UNBELIEVABLE!!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414608 Jan 11, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
A few Priests here and a few Priests there are NOT the issue.
Catholics-in-denial wish it were.
It's the WORLDWIDE, DECADES LONG, INSTITUTIONAL COVER-UP that is the issue.
Jesus would not stand for such a thing from his "only true" church.
Jesus has self-respect.
I am surprised Jesus with the help of the holy spirit, secretly, haven't gone around to all the catholic churches and removed any likeness of Jesus statues from churches that have been involved in sex abuse coverups?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Gee-Tee 8,537
Voices: In Cuba, a new church, a ray of hope 10 hr Dan Winchester 3
Pope pushes back at creationists 20 hr SpaceBlues 1
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Wed ELIAS IBARRA 47
Pope condemns gay equality laws (Feb '10) Wed kent 70
German Bishop: Gays a Condemned to Hella (Jun '10) Wed tonyintoronto 65
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Oct 27 Atheist Silurist 23

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE