Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,049
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414576 Jan 11, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I can depend on what God has told me.
the day of my dad funeral, my nephew said not to worry, he was only sleeping

When you have time while you're drinking your pepsi look this scripture up in any Bible
1 Thessalonians 4:13 Morever brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant concerning those who are sleeping [in death]; that YOU may not sorrow just as the rest do who have no hope.

And so your nephew quoted a scripture to console you and from that you gathered that he's a devil worshiper? Are you saying the scriptures come from the devil? I can show you other scriptures that says the same thing.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414577 Jan 11, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol, you havent caught me in any lies.
as far as the Holy Ghost name is concerned, i use it both ways and am not afraid to say the word ghost.lol
If she said spirit, I could and would say that we were talking about the Holy Ghost.THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME.
so stay on this forum if you like and in time, you will see that my words are Truth and not exagerated in the least. JUST CAUSE YOU DONT LIKE THEM, DONT MAKE THEM LIES.
I have no doubt that all of you are taught the same, and they are lies straight from the devil.
and as far as your comment about my pastor being Paid. I was my Pastor and i never took a salary. but if I did, that would be Biblical as i showed in that link abbout Peter et al being supported by that early church, and also it is vindicated bythese words.
"the laborer is worthy of his hire" and could be expected to enjoy the bounty of others who do work in various jobs, and pay into teh upkeep of the church.
if your satanic cult doesnt p[ay a minister, i can easily understand that, the devil talks a good talk but he doesnt support his people, he allows you to ride that rollercoaster straight into hell when he will go 2, and not only that, I would pay your minister either, liars are cheap today.lol
and to not pay them doesnt mean that you are a godly church either,. since we know that you are not.
You say you were a pastor? Say ain't so? And this is how you talk to people? This is the perfect example why I won't go to your church. If this is the way pastors talk to folks I'd rather sit next to an alligator.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#414578 Jan 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus founded HIS Church---(Matthew 16:13-21)----HIS One True Apostolic (Universal-Catholic) Church--the Bride of Christ--that has existed and proven for over 2000 years. Jesus founded "only one" Church....YOU founded your Church,(not Jesus) which is man-made, conflicting and inconsistently contradicting with the ALL of the other 42,000+ Protestant (bible only)sects and cults!!God has not and is not the author of your bible only Protestant "confusion and chaos".
you are stating a falsehood here,nowhere in the book of mathew do you find the word catholic or universal,all that is stated is "MY CHURCH",that is not proof jesus is talking about a particular church,that is a man made conclussion. if it were the true church it would not have had to use the brutality that it did to get people to believe and follow it's false traditions,which have been handed down from generation to generation,most catholics are catholic because their ancestors were,they were raised to be catholic,they did not choose it,they were told what to believe,i see it all the time when i go to my brothers house or deal with my g/f's family and from talking to people i meet,the younger generations are not finding the truth on their own they are being told what it is and it's WRONG! people should be left alone to make their own choices not have a religion forced upon them,that is why you had 1.168 billion catholics at one time,but thanks to their own stupidity,they'll be none.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414579 Jan 11, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I guess that you aint caught on yet.
I dont like your church, nor you either if you are in it and you are. is that plain enough for you?
people like you and my nephew that serve the devil, are not on my most popular individuals to invite for a cookout.
I would split a pepsi with anthony much quicker than I would with my own nephew.
Your nephew (my brother) is doing just fine. If you hate him for being a witness its all good. He has 8 million brothers and sisters worldwide who love and will die for him if need to.

usa

#414580 Jan 11, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
God hand-picked men to lead and administer His church on earth.
Men sin.
God knew this.
Get over it.
where is that stated in scripture? i've never seen it,there were 13 original apostles after john died that was the end of it,nowhere is it stated that the succession is/was continued.man created the continueation with the false teachings of the christian/pagan church.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414581 Jan 11, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know your brothers and sisters present the truth?
Because I know what we teach, how we speak. We are united as one. There is no division among our teachings. No witness will ever knock on a door and say: Hey let's talk about the Holy Ghost!! Its just not going to happen. We don't use the word Holy Ghost in the ministry. We say: Holy Spirit.

usa

#414582 Jan 11, 2013
anything coming out of the mouths of the higherarchy of the catholic church can not be trusted they have proven that by their own actions,it's a scadal ridden den of horrors,and people havee chosen to close their eyes to it,which is sad,being afraid of a place that is suppose to be the creation of a god that supposedly loves us?? what is their to be afraid of? they do not have the power or authority that they had 2000 yrs ago,the roman empire is not there to protect them and do their killing and stealing for them,personally i believe they should be forced to open their doors to their archives and share with the world what they are hiding,it does not belong to them,it belongs to the world,"IF" we are a creation of a god his words are meant be shared with everyone not just one particular group.why they have been allowed to keep these documents that they stole from the middle east does not make sense to me.it is obvious the muslims are upset with the church since they are blowing them up in africa,maybe we'll get to the truth when they work there way up to vatican city,which most likely will happen in the future,since it has started allready.the prediction of a holy war just might be true and it falls on the shoulders of the catholic church for thinking it is the true religion and insulting every other one.we may not be here when it happens but your future ancestors are going to suffer because of the stupidty of a man made disaster of a church that should of been stopped a long time ago.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414583 Jan 11, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol, you
if your satanic cult doesnt p[ay a minister, i can easily understand that, the devil talks a good talk but he doesnt support his people, he allows you to ride that rollercoaster straight into hell when he will go 2, and not only that, I would pay your minister either, liars are cheap today.lol
and to not pay them doesnt mean that you are a godly church either,. since we know that you are not.
Our elders sheperd the flock for free. They don't get paid to marry people and do funeral services. They don't get a salary. They tend to the congregation out of love of God and people. They don't do it out of dishonest gain. That is a true Christian man to me. They speak to us in a KIND loving manner. I'm suprised anyone listened to your sermons you sound very abusive. Its abusive mean pastors like you that made me realise I'm in the right place:oD

usa

#414584 Jan 11, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
Food for thought....
Why do we call your religion, or any religion -- faith?
Or try this....
When/if you are very ill, do you rely primarily on faith (some do btw), or do you rely on the best medical facts that science can bring to the table?
There are many organizations, some faith-based, offering big rewards to anyone who can offer proof.
But alas, it remains faith and no one here can claim the prize.
religion is called faith because there is no absolute truth/proof a god exists all we have is a single set of scriptures that resemble stories of decades earlier than the creation of christianity,being a cancer patient i can tell you with all honesty that i rely very heavily on modern technology to keep me alive and so far it has worked,i'm still here two years longer than i should be thanks to a new medication called xeloda,it is a chemo drug in pill form,that is why i'm still here,i follow doctors orders to the letter i eat right, my job supplies the exercise i need along with my little dog that drags me around all over the neighborhood when i walk her,i give her credit also for my being here because no matter how bad i feel she allways knows how to get to me and put a smile on my face,everyone should own a dog,we just might achieve world peace that way,obviously we don't know how to achieve it on our own,when in doubt "kill" seems to be mans solution to their problems,we spend more money on how to kill people than we do on how to save them,that's rediculous,if man concentrated on saving our world instead of destroying it we would have an actual garden of eden and not a mythical one. religion is blind faith,and allways will be unless an actual god appears before us while we are alive not dead.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414585 Jan 11, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
anything coming out of the mouths of the higherarchy of the catholic church can not be trusted they have proven that by their own actions,it's a scadal ridden den of horrors,and people havee chosen to close their eyes to it,which is sad,being afraid of a place that is suppose to be the creation of a god that supposedly loves us?? what is their to be afraid of? they do not have the power or authority that they had 2000 yrs ago,the roman empire is not there to protect them and do their killing and stealing for them,personally i believe they should be forced to open their doors to their archives and share with the world what they are hiding,it does not belong to them,it belongs to the world,"IF" we are a creation of a god his words are meant be shared with everyone not just one particular group.why they have been allowed to keep these documents that they stole from the middle east does not make sense to me.it is obvious the muslims are upset with the church since they are blowing them up in africa,maybe we'll get to the truth when they work there way up to vatican city,which most likely will happen in the future,since it has started allready.the prediction of a holy war just might be true and it falls on the shoulders of the catholic church for thinking it is the true religion and insulting every other one.we may not be here when it happens but your future ancestors are going to suffer because of the stupidty of a man made disaster of a church that should of been stopped a long time ago.
deep post

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#414586 Jan 11, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I would laugh too if I were you and believed you have proven to be anything but an idiot. Good Job! Your little church is a drop in the bucket and I showed that your lie that it never happens in the holiness churches was just that. Thats ok Preston I know you cant help being a jackass. Its your kind of attitudes that keeps children in danger. You are perfect. I guess the priests while saying mass are abusing children while he is saying mass. lol You are so stupid and ignorant its beyond believable.
You are such a joke Preston, but I thought you were the greatest Apostle to have ever lived. ROTFL.... First that Paul was the greatest Apostle I would agree he was great they all were, but he says he is the least. He went to see Peter who is always listed first. Next it was not the normative to have a full time Job. Paul did live on the offerings just not in some areas. Its not the Norm nor did he boast that it makes him better than preachers who do and it wasnt a lifetime commitment. I have no problem with people doing something else if they cannot sustain themselves while building. If the people want to complain of the massive burden then its something else. I would complain if you were my preacher but God gave me a brain. lol
You are NOT an Apostle. You are a loser though. You are a braggart, a boaster, a noisy gong, an arrogant fool, a delusional Narcissist and likely rank amongs the worst self proclaimed preachers to have ever walked the earth. Personal? LOL You know as a pretty big guy I have run into a lot of big mouthed small men like you. I know you are small because its always the ones with the biggest mouths. lol Yes Preston we all know that you alone understand everything in the bible and are infallable. lol
A tentmaker can be defined in many ways not the way you have it as fact.
1 Cor. 0:14 In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel. Just Not Apostles Named Preston.
And what you would say unworthily if you charged.
2 Corinthians 12:13 How were you inferior to the other churches, except that I was never a burden to you? Forgive me this wrong!
Try again Preston. Maybe you can argue that Paul shouldnt be baptized because it was some confusion and the scripture is wrong. lol It kind of reminds me of another Arrogant man. Martin Luther who added the word alone.
You might want to study the Levites too.
preston is by far a better person than you are. You're not religious, venom-mouth. You are also exceedingly cruel and ignorant. His "little church" could possibly produce more love and charity than your Roman showcase which is the richest organization in the world and the largest landowner. You suggest ANYONE study? Why don't you study humility and kindness and TRUTH. Or are you one who prefers rattling off 150 Hail Mary's because God needs repetition? Bow down to your Mediatrix and kiss her plaster feet. Since you know the bible so well, show us where Jesus said He needed another Intermediary between Him and God. So - Mary got the job! This is your church's way of saying, "See how highly we think of women?" God said "One Mediator...", your cult stuck in another one. That's a very serious SIN.

I feel sorry for you for many reasons, but mainly because you are not capable of following your bible; you have to be told whom to pray to and you MUST believe that your mediatrix was assumed bodily into heaven. Preston is the intelligent one, not YOU. Talk to any serpents lately?

You're about as superstitious as they come. I'm not innocent but I don't pretend to be - take note of your name-calling :)

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#414587 Jan 11, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol, you havent caught me in any lies.
as far as the Holy Ghost name is concerned, i use it both ways and am not afraid to say the word ghost.lol
If she said spirit, I could and would say that we were talking about the Holy Ghost.THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME.
so stay on this forum if you like and in time, you will see that my words are Truth and not exagerated in the least. JUST CAUSE YOU DONT LIKE THEM, DONT MAKE THEM LIES.
I have no doubt that all of you are taught the same, and they are lies straight from the devil.
and as far as your comment about my pastor being Paid. I was my Pastor and i never took a salary. but if I did, that would be Biblical as i showed in that link abbout Peter et al being supported by that early church, and also it is vindicated bythese words.
"the laborer is worthy of his hire" and could be expected to enjoy the bounty of others who do work in various jobs, and pay into teh upkeep of the church.
Hi preston, Nothing against Aviela, I just want to warn you that Dust Storm is only "religious" when it suits him/her; otherwise he's totally consumed by anger. I say let it fester til it eats him alive. He's obviously in the wrong religion since he's incapable of conversing peacefully. I wish you the best :)

usa

#414588 Jan 11, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny, I thought Muhammad was responsible for the Islamic religion.
your twisting his words,people saw the agressions of the catholic church and did not approve of what they were doing,who would,killing people in the name of god? that is insanity,,Carthaginian General Hannibal made war with the Romans. an appeal of Pope Leo I not to destroy the city of Rome was offered to hannibal by way of a bribe of 9,000 gold pieces,this was a big mistake by hannibal,he should of pushed on, sacked the city of rome and destroyed the church.and the world would be a better place.islam was created for the same reason the protetsant church was created,people did not agree with the churches destruction of cities and the killing of innocent people in the name of god.open your eyes a face the fact the church is a place of more horror than it is of love and guidance that it should be.and the reason is,is that it is solely a creation of mans for dominance and power over people, to gain wealth and great standing in the world,to be the only religion,luckily they failed to achieve their goal.it would be the same as living under the rule of the nazi party or communism. we're suppose to have free will and they wanted to take it away from us,telling us what is right and what is wrong,which is what they have been doing for the past 2,000 yrs., creating an illussion of being gods true church,when the truth is it's all bull cookies.like i've stated many times their own history proves they are not the true church which POPE HOJO claims it to be in the book of mathew.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#414589 Jan 11, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know your brothers and sisters present the truth?
The RCC WANTS its members to be united, but they are not.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414590 Jan 11, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
The RCC WANTS its members to be united, but they are not.
So nice of you to say. Your response was better than mine..agape

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#414591 Jan 11, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>religion is called faith because there is no absolute truth/proof a god exists all we have is a single set of scriptures that resemble stories of decades earlier than the creation of christianity,being a cancer patient i can tell you with all honesty that i rely very heavily on modern technology to keep me alive and so far it has worked,i'm still here two years longer than i should be thanks to a new medication called xeloda,it is a chemo drug in pill form,that is why i'm still here,i follow doctors orders to the letter i eat right, my job supplies the exercise i need along with my little dog that drags me around all over the neighborhood when i walk her,i give her credit also for my being here because no matter how bad i feel she allways knows how to get to me and put a smile on my face,everyone should own a dog,we just might achieve world peace that way,obviously we don't know how to achieve it on our own,when in doubt "kill" seems to be mans solution to their problems,we spend more money on how to kill people than we do on how to save them,that's rediculous,if man concentrated on saving our world instead of destroying it we would have an actual garden of eden and not a mythical one. religion is blind faith,and allways will be unless an actual god appears before us while we are alive not dead.
Jethro8 - You warm my heart. I'm so glad this new med is helping you and I pray for you often. You're one of the kindest people here. And I can fully identify with how your beloved little dog can help you. My husband and I are like that; we'd always had dogs but now that we're older we have 2 "fixed" cats - a lot less work than dogs.

I think your philosophy is outstanding. Plus you're smart. And yes - until or unless an actual god appears here, religion is indeed no more than blind faith.

I hope you have a good day. HUG!

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#414592 Jan 11, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> So nice of you to say. Your response was better than mine..agape
I hope I didn't make you angry. I don't care about a lot of ppl here getting ticked off at me, but I like you.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#414593 Jan 11, 2013
Luke 10:26

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied.“How do you read it?”

"HOW DO YOU READ IT?"

What did Jesus even expect His enemies to do?

Jesus expected His enemies to correctly interpret the Bible by simply reading, studying it, and applying it to their lives.(obtaining the knowledge of the Word of God)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#414594 Jan 11, 2013
Jesus used THREE DANGEROUS WORDS to DEFEAT the Devil!!!

What were these THREE DANGEROUS WORDS???

usa

#414595 Jan 11, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
I humbly ask you all to pray for my brother who lives in Ohio.
We found out he has pancreas cancer.
It doesn't look good but I know that God is in full control.
His son,my nephew died last month.
Please keep us all in your prayers.
sorry to hear about your loss of your nephew,and my best wishes to your brother in his recovery,pancreatic cancer is the most serious of cancers,but if caught in time it's possible to survive it,so never say never,tell him to stay positive,there is allways a chance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Thu Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Sep 18 pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Sep 18 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 17 Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••