Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,969)

Showing posts 399,361 - 399,380 of532,051
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

I'll be back I'm going to listen to some *Bob Marley*..One love...hey:oD
fred

Mustang, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know what the definition of a cult is?
yes it is any religious organized place any church of any religion.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"Moral Truth" = pedophilia and covering it up.
I don't think so.
The issue here is DOCTRINE of TRUTH (continually taught for over 2000 years)------- vs----(immoral)CONDUCT (of a few Priests who have gone against their personal ordination vows of (commitment to Jesus Christ and the teachings of the Catholic Church). The Catholic Church has always taught that it is wrong to commit adultery, pedophilia and sin itself---but that doesn't guarantee that---Christians in the Catholic Church (or Protestants)--will not commit these or ANY other sin. The Catholic Church, has, is and will continue to profess the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the the FULLNESS of the FAITH, despite the sin of pedophilia of a few of its members who have betrayed their Christian commitment to Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church. Again the issue here is DOCTRINE OF TRUTH vs CONDUCT! If you are going to judge the Catholic Church by the immoral conduct of pedophilia or other sin sin --then you had better "throw out your bible" because (every one) of its authors were "sinners" --Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the worst of sinners"---This only goes to show how ridiculously twisted and preverted Protestants are in their anti-catholic distorted, confused and chaotic "thinking"!!
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

fred wrote:
<quoted text>yes it is any religious organized place any church of any religion.
The scriptures talk about meeting together to encourage incite and love one another. It talks about elders directing the flock, etc how are we to do that if we serve God solo running our own program?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
": Eric, you have no business quoting from the Bible to disprove the Catholic faith when it was the Catholic Church who gave you the Bible. This is the brash arrogance of Protestant Christians, who are ignorant of history and twist the Scriptures to their own destruction. I call it “spoiled brat Christianity.” You despise the very Mother who gave you the Scriptures. The Bible is indeed the Word of God, but you only know that because the Catholic Church told you so. How do you know what books should be in the Bible when the Bible doesn't tell you? You only know it because the Catholic Church definitively declared the Bible canon at the end of the fourth century.
If the Bible canon is necessary for our salvation, but Christ did not reveal it to His apostles, then Christ must have established an authority that would guarantee the early Christians' determination of the Bible canon after He ascended into heaven. This authority is the Holy Catholic Church.
There was no Bible as you know it for 400 years after Christ's death, and it wasn't even distributed for 1500 years after His death. If the Bible is the only way to get us to heaven, then what happened to those millions of poor souls who never had a Bible during the 1500 year period? Eric, you need to get familiar with basic history. Jesus Christ established a Church to proclaim the good news. He never intended on having the Bible be the sole infallible guide for the Christian faith. This is why the Catholic Church is one, and your Protestant denominations are 30,000.
The Catholic Church wrote, translated, copied, and preserved God's written word throughout the ages. That is the only reason you even have a Bible. Quit trying to interpret the Scriptures without the Church, because it is the Bible in the Church, the Church before the Bible, the Bible and the Church (both or neither)."
http://www.scripturecatholic.com/sola_scriptu...
Wrong.
We've had this discussion before.
The Hebrew Canon of scripture was established approximately 400 years before Christ ... by none other than the Hebrew people.
but the pope decided there were books missing from the Hebrew Bible and added a few.
-
The pope thinks he can do anything he wants, but we already know that.
-
So? what is the worst thing that a cult member does at the behest of their leader? What do the newspaper headlines read when cult leaders are "in the news"?
Murder & Torture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Inquisi...

oops. sound like the Catholic church is a cult to me. and that is only one indicator of their being a cult. there are many more. In fact, the Catholic church meets all the requirements of being a cult. ALL of them. In fact, the Catholic church is the oldest and most widespread 'Christian' cult in world history!

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Cults/mar...

just because she's been around the longest, doesn't mean she is not a cult.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Hojo asks... "Please tell us where the Catholic Church claims to be "morally superior" to all other churches???..We would like to know your sources."
Ah... the title and article for this board.
"These ecclesial communities which, specifically because of the absence of the sacramental priesthood … cannot, according to Catholic doctrine, be called 'churches' in the proper sense," it said."
Get serious hojo. How is that not a claim of spiritual superiority?
... perfect teachings,
... infallible Popes,
... uniquely guided by God,
... God's Only True Church, others technically not even churches.
Yes hojo ---- your RCC claims MORAL SUPERIORITY.
I and 95%(includes non-practicing Catholics) of humanity claim this is wroing, even absurd.
So why on earth would the RCC need diplomatic immunity if just one of those amazing claims were true?
Free Mind--you continue to "fish and catch NOTHING" which is exactly what Peter did before His True conversion to Jesus Christ.
You just "make things up" like most Protestants on this forum which is no surprise to any of us Catholics.The Catholic Church has NEVER claimed MORAL SUPERIORITY. They have, however, always taught, proclaimed and adhered (BIBLICALLY, TRADITIONALLY AND HISTORICALLY) for over 2000 years, to the FULLNESS of the Faith, the FULLNESS of the Truth and the OVERABUNDING COMPLETENESS of Gods Grace and the other 1.168 Billion Catholic around the world "all know it" to be the TRUTH!!
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue here is DOCTRINE of TRUTH (continually taught for over 2000 years)------- vs----(immoral)CONDUCT (of a few Priests who have gone against their personal ordination vows of (commitment to Jesus Christ and the teachings of the Catholic Church). The Catholic Church has always taught that it is wrong to commit adultery, pedophilia and sin itself---but that doesn't guarantee that---Christians in the Catholic Church (or Protestants)--will not commit these or ANY other sin. The Catholic Church, has, is and will continue to profess the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the the FULLNESS of the FAITH, despite the sin of pedophilia of a few of its members who have betrayed their Christian commitment to Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church. Again the issue here is DOCTRINE OF TRUTH vs CONDUCT! If you are going to judge the Catholic Church by the immoral conduct of pedophilia or other sin sin --then you had better "throw out your bible" because (every one) of its authors were "sinners" --Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the worst of sinners"---This only goes to show how ridiculously twisted and preverted Protestants are in their anti-catholic distorted, confused and chaotic "thinking"!!
A few Priests here and a few Priests there are NOT the issue.

It's the WORLDWIDE, DECADES LONG, INSTITUTIONAL COVER-UP that tells the world the one-true claim is baloney.

Jesus would not stand for such a thing from his church.

Jesus has self-respect.
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Free Mind--you continue to "fish and catch NOTHING" which is exactly what Peter did before His True conversion to Jesus Christ.
You just "make things up" like most Protestants on this forum which is no surprise to any of us Catholics.The Catholic Church has NEVER claimed MORAL SUPERIORITY. They have, however, always taught, proclaimed and adhered (BIBLICALLY, TRADITIONALLY AND HISTORICALLY) for over 2000 years, to the FULLNESS of the Faith, the FULLNESS of the Truth and the OVERABUNDING COMPLETENESS of Gods Grace and the other 1.168 Billion Catholic around the world "all know it" to be the TRUTH!!
Hojo writes -- "The Catholic Church has NEVER claimed MORAL SUPERIORITY."

Hojo is out of touch with reality.

What does "ONLY TRUE CHURCH" mean?

Does it mean that the RCC is a spiritually inferior church? No.

Does it mean that the RCC is spiritually equal to Protestant churches? No.

Golly Hojo, I can't imagine?

(The term is "denial.")
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
Correction: what makes me a Devil's child...
I can depend on what God has told me.

the day of my dad funeral, my nephew said not to worry, he was only sleeping, and as I started to disagree with him(a deacon in your cult), God spoke to me and said these words."he is not a child of mine", therfore it follows, if you dont belong to God, you belong to the devil, and he surely does. to treat his mother like he does, he doesnt visit her, wishes nothing else for her but for her to be put in a nursing home. he is filth and it runs in your satanic church.

Question: "What does the Bible say about caring for our old parents?"

Answer: The Bible has much to say about caring for elderly parents and other family members who are not able to care for themselves. The early Christian church acted as the social services agency for other believers. They cared for the poor, the sick, the widows and the orphans who had no one else to care for them. Christians who had family members in need were expected to meet those needs. Unfortunately, caring for our parents in their old age is no longer an obligation that many of us are willing to accept.

The elderly can be seen as burdens rather than blessings. Sometimes we are quick to forget the sacrifices our parents made for us when they are in need of care themselves. Instead of taking them into our homes—whenever that is safe and feasible—we put them in retirement communities or nursing homes, sometimes against their will. We may not value the wisdom they have acquired through living long lives, and we can discredit their advice as “outdated.”

When we honor and care for our parents, we are serving God as well. The Bible says,“The church should care for any widow who has no one else to care for her. But if she has children or grandchildren, their first responsibility is to show godliness at home and repay their parents by taking care of them. This is something that pleases God very much....But those who won't care for their own relatives, especially those living in the same household, have denied what we believe. Such people are worse than unbelievers”(1 Timothy 5:3-4, 8).

WORSE THAN UNBELIEVERS. FITS MIKE TO A TEE.

http://www.gotquestions.org/caring-for-old-pa...
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to be nice, and look what I have to put up with, vulgar, sexual comments from the one who claims to be the most holy. The one who all catholics look up to on this forum. What a shock and letdown for them!
When Jesus reads your posts, what is he suppose to think?
.... One minute your quoteing scriptures, and telling us how much you love Jesus, the next minute you are insulting a poster who is here to spread the good value of honesty and truth.
......and you Anthony wonder everyday why Jesus hasn't returned yet?
Truth is powerful.

Truth spawns insults from those who hate the truth.

Insults tell us when we've been especially truthful and there is no hope of refuting.

Bravo!
Free MInd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Bad track record of a supposed "one-true" Church

2000 Years.... 5% of humanity practicing Catholics!

Wow, that makes Jesus look bad -- IF the absurd RCC claim were even remotely true.

BUSTED
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
I agree to a degree.
I would add that the scriptures are God-breathed, inspired. In other words it is the Holy Spirit that moves. The words, or concepts in the Bible are important, as these may be discerned by an "intelligent" person.(But it is faith and hope that are strengthened by the knowledge and understanding of the scriptures.)
And that in some ways, it is correct to seek God with one's own mind, and their own understanding, as a reference point. That is if one does not do so, then there is no growth of the natural man into the spiritual man. Or in other words, one might say pridefully that when they read the Bible, they knew everything God knows, because they are "spiritual" when they read the Bible.
Another way to put it is that the scriptures have meanings to which we can relate with the mind and soul(whether one considers the soul to be of the body or the spirit, or both), and the spirit.
But for the spiritually minded person, it is a fountain, a pure spring of life.
Literal, symbolic, and spiritual..., the Bible has it all.
Every heresy from the beginning believed they were spiritually minded. No Catholic has ever said the scripture is not God breathed or inspired. Just because Protestants twist what is said does not make it true. You know very well the Catholic church does not believe it can go against scripture. We do however believe that Holy Tradition has always been a part of the Church as it was for the Jews and furthermore is necessary for proper interpretation. Protestants scholars have to admit the reality of the sigificants of Tradition in the early Church and they do. How would anyone know which books were spurrious or to include in the bible if it had not been for the Church and those appointed in succession to guide it and Hold Fast to the traditions they had been taught? Do you know what the criteria was when they were determining what was scripture and what was not? Why were the gnostic gospels rejected? Who gave Protestants the authority to determine what books they deem apocryphal? Isn't it obvious that early on the heresies all used scripture to justify their doctrines? Every single protestant who adheres to sola scriptura claims the right to interpret scripture and thus become supreme authorities of what the bible really says.

However Jesus DID NOT instruct the Apostles to write everything down and put it in a book that would be the sole rule of faith and each individual could interpret to their own destruction. He did not say which books were scripture as none of them were even written yet. Hebrews does not say Obey the book that is over you and do not give it grief unless someone disagrees with you then go out and start another church.

Paul tells Timothy not to ordain just anyone. Does that sound like a practice many Protestant sects follow? He did not hand out bibles. Furthermore the book of revelation is not the bible it is that book and there are multitudes of what people believe on that. It was also controversial that it was scripture and Luther most definitely wanted it gone. Now here is a Protestant site that argues when and to whom that book was written.

http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/revelation.html
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Free MInd wrote:
Bad track record of a supposed "one-true" Church
2000 Years.... 5% of humanity practicing Catholics!
Wow, that makes Jesus look bad -- IF the absurd RCC claim were even remotely true.
BUSTED
The catholic church has no idea how many catholics have divorced because no catholic goes back to the church they were married and and say Hey Father! GUESS WHAT!.......I'm divorced. As far as church records, and church policies, every catholic civily divorced is still married according to the marriage record books in catholic churches all across america.

preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>I can depend on what God has told me.
the day of my dad funeral, my nephew said not to worry, he was only sleeping, and as I started to disagree with him(a deacon in your cult), God spoke to me and said these words."he is not a child of mine", therfore it follows, if you dont belong to God, you belong to the devil, and he surely does. to treat his mother like he does, he doesnt visit her, wishes nothing else for her but for her to be put in a nursing home. he is filth and it runs in your satanic church.
Question: "What does the Bible say about caring for our old parents?"
Answer: The Bible has much to say about caring for elderly parents and other family members who are not able to care for themselves. The early Christian church acted as the social services agency for other believers. They cared for the poor, the sick, the widows and the orphans who had no one else to care for them. Christians who had family members in need were expected to meet those needs. Unfortunately, caring for our parents in their old age is no longer an obligation that many of us are willing to accept.
The elderly can be seen as burdens rather than blessings. Sometimes we are quick to forget the sacrifices our parents made for us when they are in need of care themselves. Instead of taking them into our homes—whenever that is safe and feasible—we put them in retirement communities or nursing homes, sometimes against their will. We may not value the wisdom they have acquired through living long lives, and we can discredit their advice as “outdated.”
When we honor and care for our parents, we are serving God as well. The Bible says,“The church should care for any widow who has no one else to care for her. But if she has children or grandchildren, their first responsibility is to show godliness at home and repay their parents by taking care of them. This is something that pleases God very much....But those who won't care for their own relatives, especially those living in the same household, have denied what we believe. Such people are worse than unbelievers”(1 Timothy 5:3-4, 8).
WORSE THAN UNBELIEVERS. FITS MIKE TO A TEE.
http://www.gotquestions.org/caring-for-old-pa...
I forgot the most important words that God spoke to me about my nephew.

Because He said,{LEAVE HIM ALONE}.

and for all of these years, I have to all intent, left him alone, with the exception of when his plant went on strike, and I brought them food from our food bank(his wife had several children from her previous several marriages) and gave him money to pay his bills.

and what is funny, if he sees me in Wal mart, he turns the other way, but the other day, he ran right into me and tried to ignore me, and I just laugh with contempt,at this religion that you idiots follow.

shun me all he wants, I dont care, but to ignore his mom who cant even get into bed by herself(she has diabetes really bad) is inexcusable. any religion that tells you to shun even your own mom is not of God, but their god is the devil
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Every heresy from the beginning believed they were spiritually minded. No Catholic has ever said the scripture is not God breathed or inspired. Just because Protestants twist what is said does not make it true. You know very well the Catholic church does not believe it can go against scripture. We do however believe that Holy Tradition has always been a part of the Church as it was for the Jews and furthermore is necessary for proper interpretation. Protestants scholars have to admit the reality of the sigificants of Tradition in the early Church and they do. How would anyone know which books were spurrious or to include in the bible if it had not been for the Church and those appointed in succession to guide it and Hold Fast to the traditions they had been taught? Do you know what the criteria was when they were determining what was scripture and what was not? Why were the gnostic gospels rejected? Who gave Protestants the authority to determine what books they deem apocryphal? Isn't it obvious that early on the heresies all used scripture to justify their doctrines? Every single protestant who adheres to sola scriptura claims the right to interpret scripture and thus become supreme authorities of what the bible really says.
However Jesus DID NOT instruct the Apostles to write everything down and put it in a book that would be the sole rule of faith and each individual could interpret to their own destruction. He did not say which books were scripture as none of them were even written yet. Hebrews does not say Obey the book that is over you and do not give it grief unless someone disagrees with you then go out and start another church.
Paul tells Timothy not to ordain just anyone. Does that sound like a practice many Protestant sects follow? He did not hand out bibles. Furthermore the book of revelation is not the bible it is that book and there are multitudes of what people believe on that. It was also controversial that it was scripture and Luther most definitely wanted it gone. Now here is a Protestant site that argues when and to whom that book was written.
you wrote{Just because Protestants twist what is said does not make it true}\\I NEVER TWISTED ANYTHING.

REGGIE SAID THAT JESUS NEVER TOLD ANYONE TO WRITE SOMETHING DOWN. AND THAT IS SOMETHING THAT MOST OF YOU CATHOLICS HAVE SAID TIME AND TIME AGAIN ON THIS FORUM AND IT IS NOT TRUE.

AND I POSTED ONE VERSE INDICATING OTHERWISE.

LET GOD BE TRUE.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

fred wrote:
<quoted text>And in order to be clean one must take his or hers ablution.before sundown then you will be clean and not filthy like the rest of the world.one must be clean in order for Yahweh to hear your words.
I BELIEVE I AREADY DONE that when I confessed and accepted Christ as my Saviour was Baptised has he commanded as an action of my faith and entered his rest and will wait in my lot til the ressurection when I will be raised incorruptable and go through the thousand year rest with Christ prior to the 2nd resurrection unto judgement.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> The scriptures talk about meeting together to encourage incite and love one another. It talks about elders directing the flock, etc how are we to do that if we serve God solo running our own program?
How do we know who to trust to be a elder?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Dust Storm says.......However Jesus DID NOT instruct the Apostles to write everything down and put it in a book that would be the sole rule of faith and each individual could interpret to their own destruction. He did not say which books were scripture as none of them were even written yet.

MICHAEL says.....I am glad you were there to witness what Jesus said to the apostles, otherwise it would be just heresay. Right?

Jeopardy question:

Who is the only person in history that starts a church and never once goes into it? Answer: "Who is Jesus".....correct!

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeopardy question:

Who is the only catholic on this forum who claims there are 42,001 different christian beliefs, yet can't name more than a few of them himself? Answer: Who is HOJO......correct!
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Ignatius died around 115 A.D. and he quoted Matthew. Therefore Matthew had to be written before he died.

and since you catholics place so much empahsis on this kook, then we can assume that the writings of the Apostles were already in place before any RCC was formed from the Actual early Christian Church.

so quit saying that jesus NEVE INSTRUCTED any Apsolte to write down His Words.

this is as childish an argument that could ever been given for whatever reason.

it has nothing to do with the FACT that they thought it was very important for all future generations to know as much as possilbe about this man called Jesus, Our Savior.

what are you catholics trying to prove by saying that he never told them to write anything down?

what profit is there for your church to insist that that is very important in Gods Plan?

are you wishing and wanting people to remain ignorant concerning what He really said? a la JW's?

would that not benefit satan much more than Jesus?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 399,361 - 399,380 of532,051
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
More 1 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) 6 hr SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... 11 hr Marko 3
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 22 hr Scales off 8,115
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••