Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
399,321 - 399,340 of 538,936 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414474 Jan 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael The Taco Bell chihuahua is barking for attention again! Ruff, ruff...down boy, quit humping your fellow miltant atheists...
I try to be nice, and look what I have to put up with, vulgar, sexual comments from the one who claims to be the most holy. The one who all catholics look up to on this forum. What a shock and letdown for them!

When Jesus reads your posts, what is he suppose to think?

.... One minute your quoteing scriptures, and telling us how much you love Jesus, the next minute you are insulting a poster who is here to spread the good value of honesty and truth.

......and you Anthony wonder everyday why Jesus hasn't returned yet?

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#414475 Jan 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
Could this be Jesus? catholics scream NO! just as they did over 15 years ago when this image was in Mechanix illustrated. Catholics were outraged, many cancelled their subscription to the magazine, and boycotted advertizers on radio talk shows that even discussed this new Jesus......
http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/healt...
If he isn't slim, tall with long flowing chestnut hair he is an imposter!(lol) that is more or less what catholics were saying not too many years ago.
Has anything changed? NOPE!
BWAAHAAHAHAA!!!

Jesus didn't exist according to you....

down boy.....good Mikey...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#414476 Jan 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to be nice, and look what I have to put up with, vulgar, sexual comments from the one who claims to be the most holy. The one who all catholics look up to on this forum. What a shock and letdown for them!
When Jesus reads your posts, what is he suppose to think?
.... One minute your quoteing scriptures, and telling us how much you love Jesus, the next minute you are insulting a poster who is here to spread the good value of honesty and truth.
......and you Anthony wonder everyday why Jesus hasn't returned yet?
down boy...
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414477 Jan 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is read more in a Catholic mass than in almost all protestant services. In fact, the mass is ALL bible. You should leave the cult you're in and learn about Catholicism.
Excuse me that's not true. We are to read our Bible EVERYDAY. We have Bible school once a week and look up at least 2O on our Sunday lessons. Stand outside a CC on a Sunday and see how many people walk in with a Bible. They go in shorts..put out their cigarretts before entering, they wear flip flops..if that is the true religion why not show GOD some kind of respect before entering his house?
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#414478 Jan 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael The Taco Bell chihuahua is barking for attention again! Ruff, ruff...down boy, quit humping your fellow miltant atheists...
lol...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#414479 Jan 10, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Excuse me that's not true. We are to read our Bible EVERYDAY. We have Bible school once a week and look up at least 2O on our Sunday lessons. Stand outside a CC on a Sunday and see how many people walk in with a Bible. They go in shorts..put out their cigarretts before entering, they wear flip flops..if that is the true religion why not show GOD some kind of respect before entering his house?
Learn about Catholicism and the mass from a Catholic before you attack. That's all I ask.
rick

Hamilton, Canada

#414480 Jan 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
BWAAHAAHAHAA!!!
Jesus didn't exist according to you....
down boy.....good Mikey...
I never said he never existed. There probably was a man named Jesus or Yeshua. I believe he was just a man.

RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME!

...... A few men in the middle/late first century got together, hung up their fishing poles, and the next thing we know they are prolific educated writers. They knew that writing could be worth more to them then catching cat fish and turtles. They bonded and created utmost secret agendas created christianity, modeled their belief after a man who died years before, called him Jesus, wrote their stories and could say what ever they wanted about him, because he was long gone and long dead. Plagurized customs/traditions of former mediteranean beliefs, as the new christian club, knew that Greek and pagan beliefs in that area had run their course. A new belief was needed, and the timing was right.

Time goes on and militant leaders strong arm all the weaklings and created the NEW and IMPROVED official christianity........

For the next 1700 years family indoctrination kept the faith going..

..........and everyone lived happily ever after....

ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#414481 Jan 10, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Excuse me that's not true. We are to read our Bible EVERYDAY. We have Bible school once a week and look up at least 2O on our Sunday lessons. Stand outside a CC on a Sunday and see how many people walk in with a Bible. They go in shorts..put out their cigarretts before entering, they wear flip flops..if that is the true religion why not show GOD some kind of respect before entering his house?
The Church has DAILY Mass, DAILY as in every single day of the year. The entire Mass is scriptural. We don't bring our Bibles to Mass with us as there are missals that contain all the scripture readings and prayers already in the pews. The scripture readings are read aloud, which in itself is scriptural:

17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Remember, Christ never told anyone to write anything down.

Speaking of Christ, do you believe He's God?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#414482 Jan 10, 2013
rick wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said he never existed. There probably was a man named Jesus or Yeshua. I believe he was just a man.
RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME!
...... A few men in the middle/late first century got together, hung up their fishing poles, and the next thing we know they are prolific educated writers. They knew that writing could be worth more to them then catching cat fish and turtles. They bonded and created utmost secret agendas created christianity, modeled their belief after a man who died years before, called him Jesus, wrote their stories and could say what ever they wanted about him, because he was long gone and long dead. Plagurized customs/traditions of former mediteranean beliefs, as the new christian club, knew that Greek and pagan beliefs in that area had run their course. A new belief was needed, and the timing was right.
Time goes on and militant leaders strong arm all the weaklings and created the NEW and IMPROVED official christianity........
For the next 1700 years family indoctrination kept the faith going..
..........and everyone lived happily ever after....
rick?

down boy, good boy...into your kennel now..
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#414483 Jan 10, 2013
Catholic Church calls on Government to hold abortion referendum
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...

Looks like little "rick-ey" is pro-choice after all.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#414484 Jan 10, 2013
truth wrote:
o well
byyyyyyyyyy
why poor people exist
Poor people exist, because of many reasons.

- social status
- born into poverty
- unable to excel into a higher level of income
- government tactics

All of these are searchable on the internet.

Albuquerque, NM

#414485 Jan 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
....certain individuals helped - not the whole organization. Please stop expanding it to whomever you think should be patted on the back.

"Further abuses against the Amerindians committed by Spanish authorities were denounced by Catholic missionaries such as Bartolomé de Las Casas and Francisco de Vitoria which led to debate on the nature of human rights[43] and the birth of modern international law. Enforcement of these laws was lax, and some historians blame the Church for not doing enough to liberate the Indians; others point to the Church as the only voice raised on behalf of indigenous peoples."

- from the wiki link.

Albuquerque, NM

#414486 Jan 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
BTW - the Sapniards were Catholic - and they seemed to like to torture - I guess you'll need to put aside these facts in order to come to a different conclusion, or more accurately, a half-ass conclusion.

Albuquerque, NM

#414487 Jan 10, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The one thing we as Catholics know for sure, that it teaches the Fullness of the Faith and the Fullness in the doctrine of MORAL TRUTH that many Protestant Churches have rejected, in favor of ........
"Moral Truth" = pedophilia and covering it up.

I don't think so.

Albuquerque, NM

#414488 Jan 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is read more in a Catholic mass than in almost all protestant services. In fact, the mass is ALL bible. You should leave the cult you're in and learn about Catholicism.
Disagree.

There are many parts of the mass that are not in the Bible.

Namely - the priest's Homily is of his own concoction and only references what was read from the Bible.

You really don't understand your religion, huh?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#414489 Jan 10, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
....certain individuals helped - not the whole organization. Please stop expanding it to whomever you think should be patted on the back.
"Further abuses against the Amerindians committed by Spanish authorities were denounced by Catholic missionaries such as Bartolomé de Las Casas and Francisco de Vitoria which led to debate on the nature of human rights[43] and the birth of modern international law. Enforcement of these laws was lax, and some historians blame the Church for not doing enough to liberate the Indians; others point to the Church as the only voice raised on behalf of indigenous peoples."
- from the wiki link.
The whole "organization". Game over. You're welcome.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#414490 Jan 10, 2013
<quoted text>
BTW - the Sapniards were Catholic - and they seemed to like to torture - I guess you'll need to put aside these facts in order to come to a different conclusion, or more accurately, a half-ass conclusion.
The "Spaniards" (Portuguese), discoverers of the New World, would've been Muslims if not for the Catholic Church. Get real nasl.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#414491 Jan 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Disagree.
There are many parts of the mass that are not in the Bible.
Namely - the priest's Homily is of his own concoction and only references what was read from the Bible.
You really don't understand your religion, huh?
Since when is preaching not bible?

Nice try.

Albuquerque, NM

#414492 Jan 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when is preaching not bible?
Nice try.
Speaking about the Bible, is different than saying what you did, "the whole mass is in the Bible."

You really need to learn not to twist words around to the way you want them to be, which will give you understanding of your own delusion.
preston

Waverly, OH

#414493 Jan 10, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church has DAILY Mass, DAILY as in every single day of the year. The entire Mass is scriptural. We don't bring our Bibles to Mass with us as there are missals that contain all the scripture readings and prayers already in the pews. The scripture readings are read aloud, which in itself is scriptural:
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Remember, Christ never told anyone to write anything down.
Speaking of Christ, do you believe He's God?
you need to remember that you and other catholics on here and been shown numerous times that Yes Jesus DID TELL SOMONE TO WRITE HIS WORDS DOWN.

read the Book of revelation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Wed Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••