Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,522
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#414492 Jan 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when is preaching not bible?
Nice try.
Speaking about the Bible, is different than saying what you did, "the whole mass is in the Bible."

You really need to learn not to twist words around to the way you want them to be, which will give you understanding of your own delusion.
preston

Waverly, OH

#414493 Jan 10, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church has DAILY Mass, DAILY as in every single day of the year. The entire Mass is scriptural. We don't bring our Bibles to Mass with us as there are missals that contain all the scripture readings and prayers already in the pews. The scripture readings are read aloud, which in itself is scriptural:
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Remember, Christ never told anyone to write anything down.
Speaking of Christ, do you believe He's God?
you need to remember that you and other catholics on here and been shown numerous times that Yes Jesus DID TELL SOMONE TO WRITE HIS WORDS DOWN.

read the Book of revelation.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414494 Jan 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn about Catholicism and the mass from a Catholic before you attack. That's all I ask.
You attacked me when you said I was in a cult.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#414495 Jan 10, 2013
": Eric, you have no business quoting from the Bible to disprove the Catholic faith when it was the Catholic Church who gave you the Bible. This is the brash arrogance of Protestant Christians, who are ignorant of history and twist the Scriptures to their own destruction. I call it “spoiled brat Christianity.” You despise the very Mother who gave you the Scriptures. The Bible is indeed the Word of God, but you only know that because the Catholic Church told you so. How do you know what books should be in the Bible when the Bible doesn't tell you? You only know it because the Catholic Church definitively declared the Bible canon at the end of the fourth century.

If the Bible canon is necessary for our salvation, but Christ did not reveal it to His apostles, then Christ must have established an authority that would guarantee the early Christians' determination of the Bible canon after He ascended into heaven. This authority is the Holy Catholic Church.

There was no Bible as you know it for 400 years after Christ's death, and it wasn't even distributed for 1500 years after His death. If the Bible is the only way to get us to heaven, then what happened to those millions of poor souls who never had a Bible during the 1500 year period? Eric, you need to get familiar with basic history. Jesus Christ established a Church to proclaim the good news. He never intended on having the Bible be the sole infallible guide for the Christian faith. This is why the Catholic Church is one, and your Protestant denominations are 30,000.

The Catholic Church wrote, translated, copied, and preserved God's written word throughout the ages. That is the only reason you even have a Bible. Quit trying to interpret the Scriptures without the Church, because it is the Bible in the Church, the Church before the Bible, the Bible and the Church (both or neither)."

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/sola_scriptu...
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414496 Jan 10, 2013
One love let's praise the lord and feel allright....*Bob Marley*...throw your hands up and sing along;oD
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414497 Jan 10, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church has DAILY Mass, DAILY as in every single day of the year. The entire Mass is scriptural. We don't bring our Bibles to Mass with us as there are missals that contain all the scripture readings and prayers already in the pews. The scripture readings are read aloud, which in itself is scriptural:
Hello Regina, hope all is well, no, I do do not think Jesus is God Jesus is Jehovah's son. Do you know who Jehovah is?

United States

#414498 Jan 10, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
BTW - the Sapniards were Catholic - and they seemed to like to torture - I guess you'll need to put aside these facts in order to come to a different conclusion, or more accurately, a half-ass conclusion.
-
-
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Spaniards" (Portuguese), discoverers of the New World, would've been Muslims if not for the Catholic Church. Get real nasl.
-
Get real?
Since when did the Catholic church ever teach anything that was real?
Your church's priests only teach what the pope tells them to teach, and it's the same thing over and over and over ...
-
The Bible says to do it differently.
-
The Bible says to search the scriptures everyday to see if the church leaders are doing things according to God's word.
-
-
http://bible.cc/acts/17-11.htm
Acts 17:11
New International Version (©1984)
Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414499 Jan 10, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that the good book the Bible is God's word?
preston

Waverly, OH

#414500 Jan 10, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> You attacked me when you said I was in a cult.
IF you belong to the JW's you are in the biggest and worst satanic cult the devil ever formed.

if tha is an attack, no one who loves the Lord cares what the devils children like you ,think.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#414501 Jan 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You can keep the Sabbath on Saturday if you want, nobody's giving you any grief over it.
However, are you ok with Christians designating Sunday as our day of worship?
Im OK with Christians keeping everyday for worship. However the weekly Sabbath if from sunset Friday til sunset Saturday the 7TH Day of the week that was setr apart and we are to acknowledge that it is Jesus Christ who is Lord of the Sabbath in whom our eternal rest lies through out eterninty. After the mellinium rest with Christ for a thousand years then is the judgement before we enter what would be refered to as the 8th day or a New day where there is neither night or day and we will be forever with the Lord.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#414502 Jan 10, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> You attacked me when you said I was in a cult.
Go back and look at your post to which I was responding. It was full of misconceptions about Catholicism. I promise I won't call your ecclesial community a cult if you promise to ask about our faith instead making false and uniformed statements.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#414503 Jan 10, 2013
I wonder what happened to "rick"?

Lol.
preston

Waverly, OH

#414504 Jan 10, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>you need to remember that you and other catholics on here and been shown numerous times that Yes Jesus DID TELL SOMONE TO WRITE HIS WORDS DOWN.
read the Book of revelation.
to the THREE PEOPLE WHO DISAGREED WITH ME AND MARKED MY WORDS AS CLUELESS.LET SEE WHO IS CLUELESS.
LOL.

And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans ({write} SEE THAT LITTLE WORD); These things saith the Amen(THAT IS JESUS), the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

there are more verses that correspond to this one verse.and you three are clueless, NOT ME!

why must people try and belitle His Word by saying that Jesus never told anyone to write His word is in error. if people didnt write them down, we would not know how to be Saved and Followers of God.

people would much rather lean on their own,or their churches understanding and follow some unknown and void traditions started by people who had their own agenda rather than Gods Plan

Since: Dec 12

Honolulu, Hi

#414505 Jan 10, 2013
Aviela wrote:
One love let's praise the lord and feel allright....*Bob Marley*...throw your hands up and sing along;oD
don't forget to light one up haha

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#414506 Jan 10, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>to the THREE PEOPLE WHO DISAGREED WITH ME AND MARKED MY WORDS AS CLUELESS.LET SEE WHO IS CLUELESS.
LOL.
And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans ({write} SEE THAT LITTLE WORD); These things saith the Amen(THAT IS JESUS), the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
there are more verses that correspond to this one verse.and you three are clueless, NOT ME!
why must people try and belitle His Word by saying that Jesus never told anyone to write His word is in error. if people didnt write them down, we would not know how to be Saved and Followers of God.
people would much rather lean on their own,or their churches understanding and follow some unknown and void traditions started by people who had their own agenda rather than Gods Plan
preston

I agree to a degree.

I would add that the scriptures are God-breathed, inspired. In other words it is the Holy Spirit that moves. The words, or concepts in the Bible are important, as these may be discerned by an "intelligent" person.(But it is faith and hope that are strengthened by the knowledge and understanding of the scriptures.)

And that in some ways, it is correct to seek God with one's own mind, and their own understanding, as a reference point. That is if one does not do so, then there is no growth of the natural man into the spiritual man. Or in other words, one might say pridefully that when they read the Bible, they knew everything God knows, because they are "spiritual" when they read the Bible.

Another way to put it is that the scriptures have meanings to which we can relate with the mind and soul(whether one considers the soul to be of the body or the spirit, or both), and the spirit.
But for the spiritually minded person, it is a fountain, a pure spring of life.

Literal, symbolic, and spiritual..., the Bible has it all.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414507 Jan 10, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>IF you belong to the JW's you are in the biggest and worst satanic cult the devil ever formed.
if tha is an attack, no one who loves the Lord cares what the devils children like you ,think.
Do you know what the definition of a cult is?
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414508 Jan 10, 2013
raider4life wrote:
<quoted text> don't forget to light one up haha
LOL! You're funny
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414509 Jan 10, 2013
raider4life wrote:
<quoted text> don't forget to light one up haha
I'm just trying to cut the tension in this thread..it feels like a UFC fight:oD
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414510 Jan 10, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
I agree to a degree.
I would add that the scriptures are God-breathed, inspired. In other words it is the Holy Spirit that moves. The words, or concepts in the Bible are important, as these may be discerned by an "intelligent" person.(But it is faith and hope that are strengthened by the knowledge and understanding of the scriptures.)
And that in some ways, it is correct to seek God with one's own mind, and their own understanding, as a reference point. That is if one does not do so, then there is no growth of the natural man into the spiritual man. Or in other words, one might say pridefully that when they read the Bible, they knew everything God knows, because they are "spiritual" when they read the Bible.
Another way to put it is that the scriptures have meanings to which we can relate with the mind and soul(whether one considers the soul to be of the body or the spirit, or both), and the spirit.
But for the spiritually minded person, it is a fountain, a pure spring of life.
Literal, symbolic, and spiritual..., the Bible has it all.
I hope you saw my apology..a few days ago. I'm sorry if I offended you. I answered your question and when to post it..topix swallowed it up...agape
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414511 Jan 10, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>IF you belong to the JW's you are in the biggest and worst satanic cult the devil ever formed.
Can you explain to what makes me a Devil's child?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 1 hr Doc Proper 12
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 20 hr kent 83,903
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Mr Sir 8,694
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Dec 17 cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web