Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,059
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#414462 Jan 10, 2013
RCC claims moral superiority with ....

... perfect teachings,

... infallible Popes,

... uniquely guided by God,

... God's Only True Church, others technically not even churches.

Faith in an unseen, unknown, un-provable God is one thing.

But this "only one true" claim takes it to a totalitarian level.

About Catholic totalitarian ideals...

A quick glance at the Americas tells us everything about Catholic totalitarian ideals vs. Reformation ideals.

How many Catholics chose to leave Reformation societies?

How many Catholics chose to leave Catholic societies?

Down with totalitarianism. Let there be light.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#414463 Jan 10, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael, we must not blame Jesus.
We must look at the un-provable, absurd-in-the-real-world claims made by the RCC.
2000 Years.... 5% of humanity? That's it?
The RCC talks the talk, but fails on the walk part. Wow, does that makes Jesus look bad.
No way 5% was Jesus' best shot. The RCC has failed and you above all know why.
The RCC is in a well documented, long-term downward spiral.
In His infinite wisdom, Jesus has sent you here to redeem His name.
Reject it or accept it Michael, Jesus loves you :o)
James 4

King James Version (KJV)

4 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?

2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#414464 Jan 10, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Big time. I mean we all fall short as humans but if a religion is claiming to be following the Christ it should at least teach the basic teachings. Teach truths. The few times I went to a Catholic church the father did not even read the Bible and maybe a hand full of people had their Bibles open. The only thing that stuck in my mind how cold, and dark it was. They have Jesus looking all anorexic on the cross...and then the famous collection plate being passed around. You know in my opinion they pass it around so as to shame you if you when you see someone giving more money than you. The Bible says to give in secret.
www.JW.org
The bible is read more in a Catholic mass than in almost all protestant services. In fact, the mass is ALL bible. You should leave the cult you're in and learn about Catholicism.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414465 Jan 10, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell us where the Catholic Church claims to be "morally superior" to all other churches???..We would like to know your sources ..The one thing we as Catholics know for sure, that it teaches the Fullness of the Faith and the Fullness in the doctrine of MORAL TRUTH that many Protestant Churches have rejected, in favor of "political correctness, secular humanism and Relative Truth" (whatever each person or denomination "decides"--is true for them, now is the truth (regardless of the true interpretation of the bible by the Early Church Fathers in 397 AD---All a person has to do (today) is look at the many Protestant Churches who now support, abortion, gay marriage, euthenasia, embroyonic stem cell reseach, homosexual ministers and (God knows what's next) depending on which direction the "political wind" happens to blow!!!
Either you are just naeive or you are just playing dumb and stupid.

Recent statistics show that ROMAN CATHOLIC women have more abortions per 1,000 women than protestant women. HUH!

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Catholic/2001...
==========
Gay catholic clergy outnumber the general population of men in america says Roman catholic priest Father Donald Cozzens. HUH!

http://www.trosch.org/ant/gay_priests.html

==========

Most roman catholics including many priests/bishops believe in OPTIONAL CELEBACY. The pope screams NOOOOOOO!! HUH!

http://www.futurechurch.org/fpm/optcel/callsf...

==========

Your MYTH is BUSTED!!

ps Don't post back to me, I am sick of hearing 42,001 beliefs, half truths, heresys, confrinting, 4gvn, Michael, NASL, bla bla bla.

I bring the news that HOJO knows, but fears to admit. Clergy names, parishes, etc are posted but HOJO doesn't believe.

Michael knows and tells the truth. HOJO should learn to do the same.

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414466 Jan 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is read more in a Catholic mass than in almost all protestant services. In fact, the mass is ALL bible. You should leave the cult you're in and learn about Catholicism.
(LOL) Same old stale passages over and over on a 1 year recycled basis. 96% of the NT scriptures are never UTTERED by a catholic clergy from the pulpit, because so many passages..... WHAT DOES MICHAEL SAY........."make no common sense".

Here is an example:.... Luke 14:26 Jesus preaches that hatred is absolutely necessary to be a disciple. HUH!

Here is a kinky one....Matthew 28:6 “He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. COME AND SEE THE PLACE WHERE HE LAY.”

Deuteronomy 25:11–12

If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity.

want more, got more!

BUSTED!
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#414467 Jan 10, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Big time. I mean we all fall short as humans but if a religion is claiming to be following the Christ it should at least teach the basic teachings. Teach truths. The few times I went to a Catholic church the father did not even read the Bible and maybe a hand full of people had their Bibles open. The only thing that stuck in my mind how cold, and dark it was. They have Jesus looking all anorexic on the cross...and then the famous collection plate being passed around. You know in my opinion they pass it around so as to shame you if you when you see someone giving more money than you. The Bible says to give in secret.
www.JW.org
I am sorry that you are so full of hate for things you have not bothered to even try to understand. However you are lying if you say you went to a Catholic mass and there was no bible read or that whole of it is not biblical. Scripture is read at every mass and the scripture readings are in booklets in the pews. Second many people leave checks or money in envelopes provided they give. The point of giving like the hypocrites is that they made sure everyone could see how much they were giving so they could get their approval of men or recieve a reward from men or as if you can make a payment for your sin and be rewarded. Or as if they were more pious than the woman who gave all she had even though it was a small amount her faith and heart was big and she had more to lose than what a rich person could comfortably give. If someone held up a wad of $100 bills so everyone would notice that is not the same as a basket just passing by without seeking recognition. In fact its difficult to tell who put what in but if someone puts money in they are not seeking approval or recognition of how much. A gossip like you who has been taught to hate will look for things through your dark heart rather than with truth or understanding. As pitiful as that is your accusation is flawed and you entirely missed the point Jesus was making. Ananias and Saphira lied about what they gave. Was it a Secret? When they took up collections in the early church did they go into a room and close the shade and then when everyone went in accuse some of not giving?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414468 Jan 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>

make up your mind??

How many times have you ridiculed protestants calling them SOLA SCRIPTURA..... for them embracing the holy bible..........then you tell us your mass is basically all about!! WAIT FOR IT!.........THE BIBLE!

UNBELIEVABLE!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414469 Jan 10, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael, we must not blame Jesus.
We must look at the un-provable, absurd-in-the-real-world claims made by the RCC.
2000 Years.... 5% of humanity? That's it?
The RCC talks the talk, but fails on the walk part. Wow, does that makes Jesus look bad.
No way 5% was Jesus' best shot. The RCC has failed and you above all know why.
The RCC is in a well documented, long-term downward spiral.
In His infinite wisdom, Jesus has sent you here to redeem His name.
Reject it or accept it Michael, Jesus loves you :o)
I will wait for Jesus to appear as he promised, than I will make my decision. Never rush anything FM!

No facimilie images on toast, or bridge underpasses are allowed. He must appear tall, with long chestnut color hair, and blue eyes, just as catholics ENVISION him.

No false Jesus accepted.

Free MInd

Melbourne, FL

#414470 Jan 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I will wait for Jesus to appear as he promised, than I will make my decision. Never rush anything FM!
No facimilie images on toast, or bridge underpasses are allowed. He must appear tall, with long chestnut color hair, and blue eyes, just as catholics ENVISION him.
No false Jesus accepted.
The RCC has failed you, just as it has failed over 95% of humanity.

No matter, Jesus loves you.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#414471 Jan 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
(LOL) Same old stale passages over and over on a 1 year recycled basis. 96% of the NT scriptures are never UTTERED by a catholic clergy from the pulpit, because so many passages..... WHAT DOES MICHAEL SAY........."make no common sense".
Here is an example:.... Luke 14:26 Jesus preaches that hatred is absolutely necessary to be a disciple. HUH!
Here is a kinky one....Matthew 28:6 “He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. COME AND SEE THE PLACE WHERE HE LAY.”
Deuteronomy 25:11–12
If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity.
want more, got more!
BUSTED!
Michael The Taco Bell chihuahua is barking for attention again! Ruff, ruff...down boy, quit humping your fellow miltant atheists...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#414472 Jan 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
make up your mind??
How many times have you ridiculed protestants calling them SOLA SCRIPTURA..... for them embracing the holy bible..........then you tell us your mass is basically all about!! WAIT FOR IT!.........THE BIBLE!
UNBELIEVABLE!
woof, woof...here comes the big German shepherd...
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414473 Jan 10, 2013
Could this be Jesus? catholics scream NO! just as they did over 15 years ago when this image was in Mechanix illustrated. Catholics were outraged, many cancelled their subscription to the magazine, and boycotted advertizers on radio talk shows that even discussed this new Jesus......

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/healt...

If he isn't slim, tall with long flowing chestnut hair he is an imposter!(lol) that is more or less what catholics were saying not too many years ago.

Has anything changed? NOPE!

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414474 Jan 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael The Taco Bell chihuahua is barking for attention again! Ruff, ruff...down boy, quit humping your fellow miltant atheists...
I try to be nice, and look what I have to put up with, vulgar, sexual comments from the one who claims to be the most holy. The one who all catholics look up to on this forum. What a shock and letdown for them!

When Jesus reads your posts, what is he suppose to think?

.... One minute your quoteing scriptures, and telling us how much you love Jesus, the next minute you are insulting a poster who is here to spread the good value of honesty and truth.

......and you Anthony wonder everyday why Jesus hasn't returned yet?

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#414475 Jan 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
Could this be Jesus? catholics scream NO! just as they did over 15 years ago when this image was in Mechanix illustrated. Catholics were outraged, many cancelled their subscription to the magazine, and boycotted advertizers on radio talk shows that even discussed this new Jesus......
http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/healt...
If he isn't slim, tall with long flowing chestnut hair he is an imposter!(lol) that is more or less what catholics were saying not too many years ago.
Has anything changed? NOPE!
BWAAHAAHAHAA!!!

Jesus didn't exist according to you....

down boy.....good Mikey...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#414476 Jan 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to be nice, and look what I have to put up with, vulgar, sexual comments from the one who claims to be the most holy. The one who all catholics look up to on this forum. What a shock and letdown for them!
When Jesus reads your posts, what is he suppose to think?
.... One minute your quoteing scriptures, and telling us how much you love Jesus, the next minute you are insulting a poster who is here to spread the good value of honesty and truth.
......and you Anthony wonder everyday why Jesus hasn't returned yet?
down boy...
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

#414477 Jan 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me that's not true. We are to read our Bible EVERYDAY. We have Bible school once a week and look up at least 2O on our Sunday lessons. Stand outside a CC on a Sunday and see how many people walk in with a Bible. They go in shorts..put out their cigarretts before entering, they wear flip flops..if that is the true religion why not show GOD some kind of respect before entering his house?
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#414478 Jan 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#414479 Jan 10, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Excuse me that's not true. We are to read our Bible EVERYDAY. We have Bible school once a week and look up at least 2O on our Sunday lessons. Stand outside a CC on a Sunday and see how many people walk in with a Bible. They go in shorts..put out their cigarretts before entering, they wear flip flops..if that is the true religion why not show GOD some kind of respect before entering his house?
Learn about Catholicism and the mass from a Catholic before you attack. That's all I ask.
rick

Hamilton, Canada

#414480 Jan 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
BWAAHAAHAHAA!!!
Jesus didn't exist according to you....
down boy.....good Mikey...
I never said he never existed. There probably was a man named Jesus or Yeshua. I believe he was just a man.

RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME!

...... A few men in the middle/late first century got together, hung up their fishing poles, and the next thing we know they are prolific educated writers. They knew that writing could be worth more to them then catching cat fish and turtles. They bonded and created utmost secret agendas created christianity, modeled their belief after a man who died years before, called him Jesus, wrote their stories and could say what ever they wanted about him, because he was long gone and long dead. Plagurized customs/traditions of former mediteranean beliefs, as the new christian club, knew that Greek and pagan beliefs in that area had run their course. A new belief was needed, and the timing was right.

Time goes on and militant leaders strong arm all the weaklings and created the NEW and IMPROVED official christianity........

For the next 1700 years family indoctrination kept the faith going..

..........and everyone lived happily ever after....

ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#414481 Jan 10, 2013
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> Excuse me that's not true. We are to read our Bible EVERYDAY. We have Bible school once a week and look up at least 2O on our Sunday lessons. Stand outside a CC on a Sunday and see how many people walk in with a Bible. They go in shorts..put out their cigarretts before entering, they wear flip flops..if that is the true religion why not show GOD some kind of respect before entering his house?
The Church has DAILY Mass, DAILY as in every single day of the year. The entire Mass is scriptural. We don't bring our Bibles to Mass with us as there are missals that contain all the scripture readings and prayers already in the pews. The scripture readings are read aloud, which in itself is scriptural:

17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Remember, Christ never told anyone to write anything down.

Speaking of Christ, do you believe He's God?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... 4 hr Barbarian 1
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Thu Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Sep 18 pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Sep 18 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 17 Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••