Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 541,878
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

United States

#414164 Jan 8, 2013
preston wrote:
lol, I started to all him one again after I read one of his posts, but I am trying to stay nice.
but he is a punk and his buddy is just as bad.
neither of them contribute one iota to this forum, just kibbitzers trying to stir the pot.
with a rubber spoon, I might add
-
-
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, very true!
Angry little buggers, aren't they?...but then that's what militant atheism is all about.
-
But MILITANT Catholicism is O.K., Isn't it, Regina?
-
'cuz that's what the pope said. Um, hm ...the Pope said ...*ex cathedra* "...torturing "heretics" is O.K." Mustn't forget that little ex cathedra hitch (supposedly granted by God himself) that whatever the Pope binds on earth will be bound in heaven.
-
angry little buggers you say? maybe so. we've been dealing with your form of *militant holiness* for almost 2,000 years. Only - the LATEST horror that has come to light which your church has *loosed* upon the earth, is centuries old pedophile cover-up.
-
makes me how many popes went into their *ex cathedra* trance while deciding to cover-up their worldwide pedophile ring?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#414165 Jan 8, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>

Anthony ... this is TOTAL hogwash!
-
Actually ... if it weren't for the Catholic Church there would most likely NOT BE any Muslims.
-
THEY REACTED. And NOW? as a result ... we have Islam.
Read the Koran. Mohammed's 'spur' to write it came about because he heard that Mary was the fourth part of the Godhead. I don't know if he might have been able to accept Jesus as God's son (Islam says that He is a good prophet...but NOT God's Son), but he was turned off at the teaching that Mary was the mother of God...
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#414166 Jan 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly He knew that men sin. That is why He said, "Thou SHALT NOT!"
It is also why He forgives, and a grateful heart will cease from sin.
He forgave the woman taken in adultery; then said to her, "Go AND SIN NO MORE LEST A WORSE THING COME UPON YOU."
No, He didn't say that. Stop adding to scripture, it's forbidden.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#414167 Jan 8, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
'cuz that's what the pope said. Um, hm ...the Pope said ...*ex cathedra* "...torturing "heretics" is O.K." Mustn't forget that little ex cathedra hitch (supposedly granted by God himself) that whatever the Pope binds on earth will be bound in heaven.
-
angry little buggers you say? maybe so. we've been dealing with your form of *militant holiness* for almost 2,000 years. Only - the LATEST horror that has come to light which your church has *loosed* upon the earth, is centuries old pedophile cover-up.
-
makes me how many popes went into their *ex cathedra* trance while deciding to cover-up their worldwide pedophile ring?
Here, have a cookie, the nurse will be right in to give you your pills. But don't let her catch you on the computer again. They suspended your privileges for a month, remember? Now, now, there's a good girl.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#414168 Jan 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Read the Koran. Mohammed's 'spur' to write it came about because he heard that Mary was the fourth part of the Godhead. I don't know if he might have been able to accept Jesus as God's son (Islam says that He is a good prophet...but NOT God's Son), but he was turned off at the teaching that Mary was the mother of God...
You have obviously no clue as to what the Quran says about the Blessed Virgin. Also obvious is that your bigotry enhances your ignorance of what's in the Quran and how Muslims see the Blessed Virgin.

I think you just say any stupid thing that comes to your mind if you can somehow tie it negatively to the Catholic Church.

You are shameless.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#414169 Jan 8, 2013
<quoted text>
BTW this is lie number two today. My, my Kay....you certainly have some 'spirits' guiding you today...

#414170 Jan 8, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, He didn't say that. Stop adding to scripture, it's forbidden.
Joh 5:14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

Right verse, wrong character. Added nothing

United States

#414171 Jan 8, 2013
guest wrote:
-
Yes.
Catholics believe they are eating the literal body and drinking the literal blood of Jesus Christ.
-
I was disabused of the Catholic Church when a friend quoted to me: Matthew 23:9 ... call no man your Father ... And since that is the first thing the Catholic Church insists on, I knew immediately that it could not be the true church.
-
Catholics think they (fallible men) can change even the words that Jesus Christ himself spoke.
-
If Jesus said it, I think it holds FAAAAAAR more weight than any conflicting statement a fallible pope says.... so they jump through hoops "inventing" new doctrine, and dogma ... Ex cathedra.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_infallibil ...
-
-
Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> You have great thinking skills. I've been asking this question. Why do CC call imperfect men fathers when the Bible clearly says not too. My question goes ignored.
-
What blows my mind is that Catholics believe they have the right ... EXPRESSLY given them by GOD HIMSELF ... to change God's words!
-
"What you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven..."
They take this to mean that they can do whatever they please.
-
They tortured and murdered "heretics" on earth ... therefore God APPROVES of it in heaven ... according to the Catholic.
-
They covered up for pedophiles, too.
-
HOW can they NOT realize they are, in essence, putting words into God's mouth?

#414172 Jan 8, 2013
Read the Koran (Q'uran) for yourself...I have.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#414173 Jan 8, 2013
FLASH....

"Jesus - through His earthly vicar the Pope - declares His 'only true' church shall invoke diplomatic immunity."

This is historic!

An early Pope coined the phrase "Holy War"...

Now we have -- "Holy Diplomatic Immunity"
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#414174 Jan 8, 2013
"only true church," "only true church," "only true church"

Largest child sex-abuse COVER-UP in WORLD HISTORY.

"We don't care, only true church," "only true church,"

Avoid accountability using diplomatic immunity.

Your own country was founded on anti-Catholic Reformation ideals.

Democracy, Constitution, trial by jury.

But there's zero evidence other than self-manufactured.

(return to beginning)
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#414175 Jan 8, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, have a cookie, the nurse will be right in to give you your pills. But don't let her catch you on the computer again. They suspended your privileges for a month, remember? Now, now, there's a good girl.
Holy diplomatic immunity!
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#414176 Jan 8, 2013
Even the Muslims honor the Blessed Virgin more than you pentecostals.

"Mary (&#1605;&#1585;&#1 610;&#1605; Mar&#299;am in Arabic), the mother of Jesus (Isa), is considered one of the most righteous women in the Islamic tradition. She is mentioned more in the Quran[1] than in the entire New Testament and is also the only woman mentioned by name in the Quran.[2] According to the Quran, Jesus was born miraculously by the will of God without a father. His mother is regarded as a chaste and virtuous woman and is said to have been a virgin. The Quran states clearly that Jesus was the result of a virgin birth, but that neither Mary nor her son were divine. In the Quran, no other woman is given more attention than Mary and the Quran states that Mary was chosen above all women:

Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah hath chosen thee and purified thee- chosen thee above the women of all nations.
—Quran, sura 3 (Ali-Imran), ayah 42[3]
The nineteenth chapter of the Quran is named after her and is, to some extent, about her life. Of the Quran's 114 suras, she is among only eight people who have a chapter named after them. Mary is specifically mentioned in the Quran, alongside Asiya, as an exemplar for all righteous women.[4] Mary plays an important role in Islamic culture and religious tradition, and verses from the Quran relating to Mary are frequently inscribed on the mihrab of various mosques, including in the Hagia Sophia.[5

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_views_...

United States

#414177 Jan 8, 2013
guest wrote:
-
-
-
-
-
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I laughed out loud when I read this ...

if this is the best you can do, then ... it's the best you can do.
argumentum ad hominem. standard fare of one who doesn't really have an argument.

#414178 Jan 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
She lied today. She said protestant leaders don't cover up abuse and I proved that they do. Then she denied ever saying protestants leaders don't cover up and she never responded. You know what that means according to your theology.....
~~~

You sir are the liar...

I was the one that wrote WHAT YOU ARE ALLUDING TO..AND I WAS POSTING ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP THAT I BELONG TO...

I NEVER SAID....protestant leaders don't cover up abuse

I WROTE

." I
HAVE NO NEED TO PLAY THE BLAME GAME... ""We have never had an event

where sin has been covered up and swept under the rug..""

.THERE IS RESPONSIBILITY WITH
ACCOUNTABILITY TO GOD IN OUR FELLOWSHIP. A HOMOSEXUAL IS GIVEN A HEARING-TRIAL
BEFORE THE COUNSEL AND IF CHARGES ARE PROVEN IS DIS-FELLOWSHIP AND CANNOT BE
RESTORED.. A PERVERT THAT WOULD/DID MOLEST A CHILD IS DEFROCKED AND TURNED OVER
TO THE CIVIL COURT. PRONTO. THESE AND OTHER DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS HAVE BEEN IN
SET IN ORDER SINCE THE LATE 1800'S. WE HAVE NOT TOLERATED AND WILL NOT TOLERATE
COVER-UPS... To begin with our ministers MUST BE BORN AGAIN Christians... SET
FORTH ...AS APPROVED BY THE CONGREGATION WHERE HE IS A MEMBER. HE MUST PROVE HIS
CALLING TO THE MINISTRY...TO THE COUNCIL BEFORE HE IS ACCEPTED AS A CANDIDATE
FOR THE MINISTRY. IF ONE MISSTEPS... EVEN TO THE POINT OF NOT PAYING HIS BILLS
...HE IS SANCTIONED.(6 hrs ago | post #414118)

~~~~~~~~~~

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ...THAT YOU CANNOT QUOTE MY POST.... AS IT WAS WRITTEN...

NOT ONLY HAVE YOU LIED ABOUT WHAT WAS WRITTEN...

YOU BLAMED MY WIFE...FOR WRITING IT ....AND IMPLICATED HER.
marge

Ames, IA

#414179 Jan 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I heard they love Mary mother of Jesus and honor her highly.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#414180 Jan 8, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
I laughed out loud when I read this ...
if this is the best you can do, then ... it's the best you can do.
argumentum ad hominem. standard fare of one who doesn't really have an argument.
So what? I laugh at *all* your posts!
marge

Ames, IA

#414181 Jan 8, 2013
what a waste of time scanning through todays posts...and most of it was meaningless unless you see the big picture, all are sinners and need Jesus to heal you.

United States

#414182 Jan 8, 2013
-
I have read the Qur'an. Every other page has reference to horror and/or murder, kill the infidel where ever you find them ... etc.,

-
Anthony MN wrote:
Even the Muslims honor the Blessed Virgin more than you pentecostals.
-
So if the Muslims do it too - that is supposed to make it right?
and that doesn't signal the possibility something is very wrong to you?
-

United States

#414183 Jan 8, 2013
guest wrote:
Anthony ... this is TOTAL hogwash!
-
Actually ... if it weren't for the Catholic Church there would most likely NOT BE any Muslims.
-
REMEMBER THIS:
Constantine said "In this Sign Conquer!" ... THEN proceeded to wage wars of aggression in the region - for the Catholic Church.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_the_ ...
These wars of aggression, by the Catholic Church went on for 300 years BEFORE Mohammad was born.
The people of the region learned by watching the Constantinian "Catholics" how to wage war in the name of God.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad
Again - a most rudimentary law of physics is: For Every Action There Is An Equal And Opposite Reaction.
for 300 years ...the local people were murdered and warred against by Catholics ... pretending to conquer in the Name of God.
THEY REACTED. And NOW? as a result ... we have Islam.
-
-
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny, I thought Muhammad was responsible for the Islamic religion.
That is exactly what I said.
-
Muhammad learned how to wage war in the name of God from watching the Catholics wage war in the name of God.
-
He reacted by creating Islam.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Fri pazuzu 68
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 12 Married in 8,293
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••