Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,995
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#414113 Jan 8, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't give a post number, because you are delusional.
As for "old hag," you seem to have forgotten how you defended your boyfriend when he kept calling a Catholic mom that, over and over.
You turned on that poor woman like a viper, recently claiming she probably wasn't even Catholic.
With friends like you, who needs enemies? Old coot :o)
Yeah, right, whatever. Hey, you, are you denying you call Catholics clowns, buffoons, dancing monkeys, etc.?

Hypocrite.

Get lost.
Live Action

Piedmont, OK

#414114 Jan 8, 2013
By Supporting the roman catholick church you are just as guilty. It is just as if you were there.you are guilty of the churches crimes changing the laws the sabbath the feast days molestation.

This church is in Fact a mixture of righteousness and evil.

I however know the truth. And it is the church is the woman that sits on seven hills named after seven different gods.And is with out A teacher but for Satan herself.And has deceived the whole world.

The laws are of love and peace.And without them we now live in a sin sick world. And my father Yahweh is not coming back to give you a pat on the back he is coming with a wrath as no man has eveR seen before. Give up your sin And give up this church for it is evil....

And the message will be preached to all the world and then the end will come.

Yahweh Bless You All!!!!!!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414115 Jan 8, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you have established you are an ignoramous early on. Thank you. I see you think that celibacy leads to abusing children. You are also very ignorant on that. St Paul was Child abuser according to you. lol What I find disturbing is another self righteous protestant in the form of the JW who makes slanderous accusations with no foundation. Disturbing don't you think?
Why do most catholics and many priests want optional celebacy today?

More than 160 priests just in the city of Milwaukee a few years ago wrote to their bishop wanting OPTIONAL CELEBACY. Just in Milwaukee!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/08/20/national/20...

http://www.futurechurch.org/fpm/optcel/callsf...

The nearly 1,000 catholic priests in the FIRST PRIEST ASSOCIATION in america want optional celebacy and they all support the NUNS who are being investigated.

what a mess!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#414116 Jan 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you folks put words in my mouth. I never said you did.
So we are clear though, if you did would you still financially support it?
BTW...did you ever find those papers about my church about paying liability insurance?
You said trust you...so I am. thanks
"if"?

If my aunt had testicles, she'd be my uncle.

There are no priests who are facing molestation charges active in any Catholic parish per the new guidelines. If there were, I and every Catholic in my parish would be blocking the doors to our Church to keep him out.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#414117 Jan 8, 2013
Live Action wrote:
By Supporting the roman catholick church you are just as guilty. It is just as if you were there.you are guilty of the churches crimes changing the laws the sabbath the feast days molestation.
This church is in Fact a mixture of righteousness and evil.
I however know the truth. And it is the church is the woman that sits on seven hills named after seven different gods.And is with out A teacher but for Satan herself.And has deceived the whole world.
The laws are of love and peace.And without them we now live in a sin sick world. And my father Yahweh is not coming back to give you a pat on the back he is coming with a wrath as no man has eveR seen before. Give up your sin And give up this church for it is evil....
And the message will be preached to all the world and then the end will come.
Yahweh Bless You All!!!!!!
By supporting the leader of your SDA cult you are equally guilty of all the sins he/she commits.

Happy Festivus!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#414118 Jan 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever since you came on this forum, Confrinting, you have done (nothing BUT "dig up" and spread your anti-catholic dirt, pollution and judgemental and condemning "muck"! Now that the "shoe is on the other foot" and the TRUTH of your Protestant "bible only" sin polluted denominations is un-covered, it finally begins to show what a "hypocrite" you really are,preaching your "goody two shoes" (perfect) ministry ---"THE FACT IS THAT YOU JUST CAN'T TAKE --- the TRUTH of the TRUE heat"---that is "exposing your own hypocricy, sweeping "your own dirt" under the rug and (hiding behind) a bunch of "mis-interpreted, self-interpreted and self-opinionated bible verses that are polluted and inundated with "anti-catholic hate and heresy.
~~~

YOUR SHOE IS NOT ON MY FOOT ...IT DON'T FIT...

AND I AINT ATTEMPTING TO PUT IT ON

I DON'T HAVE TO DEFEND A BUNCH OF PREDATORS AND AND PERVERTS, AS YOU DO..

I HAVE NO NEED TO PLAY THE BLAME GAME...

We have never had an event where sin has been covered up and swept under the rug...THERE IS RESPONSIBILITY WITH ACCOUNTABILITY TO GOD
IN OUR FELLOWSHIP.

A HOMOSEXUAL IS GIVEN A HEARING-TRIAL BEFORE THE COUNSEL AND IF CHARGES ARE PROVEN IS DIS-FELLOWSHIP AND CANNOT BE RESTORED..

A PERVERT THAT WOULD/DID MOLEST A CHILD IS DEFROCKED AND TURNED OVER TO THE CIVIL COURT. PRONTO.

THESE AND OTHER DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS HAVE BEEN IN SET IN ORDER SINCE THE LATE 1800'S.

WE HAVE NOT TOLERATED AND WILL NOT TOLERATE COVER-UPS...

To begin with our ministers MUST BE BORN AGAIN Christians...

SET FORTH ...AS APPROVED BY THE CONGREGATION WHERE HE IS A MEMBER.

HE MUST PROVE HIS CALLING TO THE MINISTRY...TO THE COUNCIL BEFORE HE IS ACCEPTED AS A CANDIDATE FOR THE MINISTRY.

IF ONE MISSTEPS... EVEN TO THE POINT OF NOT PAYING HIS BILLS ...HE IS
SANCTIONED.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#414119 Jan 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you folks put words in my mouth. I never said you did.
So we are clear though, if you did would you still financially support it?
BTW...did you ever find those papers about my church about paying liability insurance?
You said trust you...so I am. thanks
BTW, I said give me the name of your group and if it's not a handful of people in a double-wide I'll get you the info.

#414120 Jan 8, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
God hand-picked men to lead and administer His church on earth.
Men sin.
God knew this.
Get over it.
Certainly He knew that men sin. That is why He said, "Thou SHALT NOT!"

It is also why He forgives, and a grateful heart will cease from sin.

He forgave the woman taken in adultery; then said to her, "Go AND SIN NO MORE LEST A WORSE THING COME UPON YOU."
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#414121 Jan 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you find all these 'facts'??? Our insurance company simply added such coverage on their own when the CC problem became so openly known.
We haven't really needed it; I've only known five cases in all my years, and only one of those was a member of our denomination...and he lived halfway across the country from us. Not including Bakker and Swaggart...though those two were not molesting children.
They are all in the articles you routinely dismiss with your holier than thou crap. Keep up the good work Kay everyone knows you are an ignorant, hateful, spiteful, lying, gossipping, back biting hypocrite all facts which you have demonstrated repeatedly. I hope you are proud of that. I really never expect an intelligent or truthful post from you. Truth, decency or reasoned thought are foreign concepts to people like you.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#414122 Jan 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"if"?
If my aunt had testicles, she'd be my uncle.
There are no priests who are facing molestation charges active in any Catholic parish per the new guidelines. If there were, I and every Catholic in my parish would be blocking the doors to our Church to keep him out.
I wonder if Regina thinks saying testicles is a sin.

Maybe she'll chime in and give her perspective .
Live Action

Piedmont, OK

#414123 Jan 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
By supporting the leader of your SDA cult you are equally guilty of all the sins he/she commits.
Happy Festivus!
you are wrong....
preston

Waverly, OH

#414124 Jan 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right DS....because we have always had strict child protection programs. A child is never ever left alone at our church. We have background checks for people who are involved with children.
catholic church does have protections programs though...now that they been caught.
what is not being realized by some catholics is this: we go to church on Sunday and weeknight, usually arriving around 20 minutes or so before and socalize, church starts and when it ends, people go home.
now this is in small country churches, so children are with their parents at ALL times, and we dont have the problem that others might have,and if karen was on here she would agree that this is probably the same at her country church.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#414125 Jan 8, 2013
Bible Verse Of the Day

And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

Isaiah 58:11 (KJV)

www.Christ.com

#414126 Jan 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Double-wide, Quonset hut, converted 7-11 store, etc. There all over the place up here.
The question again, without the home church bible qualifier; Do folks who claim to know the Holy Spirit like you do get some kind of pass with God considering they molest and commit adultery and other such serious sins at the same rate as other Christian groups?
~~~
what is with you that you believe that God cannot visit a

Double-wide, Quonset hut, converted 7-11 store, etc.

Why do you lie...and infer that someone has to attend one of you

MAUSOLEUMS/museums where relics statues and idols are displayed TO BE A CHRISTIAN

You propagate a foreign gospel (a lie)that Jesus never ever taught..

which proves you don't know Him...

~~~

Jesus words were/are...

Mat 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

you remind me of His words

Mat_23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#414127 Jan 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
nope and there you go with the "serious sin again". What was it again about yelling at your neighbor? It's sin but not a serious one?
**not sure if it matters but our church is in a good size building with about 150 members. Maybe your question should be directed towards double-wide churches.
**we did need a multi million dollar building like catholics to worship God. We use something more modest. I'm sure God is impressed though.
In your theology sin is sin, so you are a hypocrite when you admit to be willing to support a sinning pastor, but NOT one who facing molestation charges.

You claim to "know" the Holy Spirit and imply Regina doesn't. Saying "nope" to my question tells me you have no more ability to ferret out sinners in your own congregation than we do. And really, that's not our job now is it? Part of our job and that of the diocese and the Church as a whole is to put in place procedures to protect innocent children from predators. We've done that.

150 members? I guess it's a bit easier to keep tabs on that number vs. 1.2 billion.

There's a reason why Catholic Churches are so beautiful and ornate. It's easy to find out why if you're really interested and not just looking for something to criticize.
LTM

#414128 Jan 8, 2013
Tuesday, January 08, 2013
This Evening's Meditation
C. H. Spurgeon

----------

"Thy love is better than wine."—Song of Solomon 1:2.
OTHING gives the believer so much joy as fellowship with Christ. He has enjoyment as others have in the common mercies of life, he can be glad both in God's gifts and God's works; but in all these separately, yea, and in all of them added together, he doth not find such substantial delight as in the matchless person of his Lord Jesus. He has wine which no vineyard on earth ever yielded; he has bread which all the corn-fields of Egypt could never bring forth. Where can such sweetness be found as we have tasted in communion with our Beloved? In our esteem, the joys of earth are little better than husks for swine compared with Jesus, the heavenly manna. We would rather have one mouthful of Christ's love, and a sip of his fellowship, than a whole world full of carnal delights. What is the chaff to the wheat? What is the sparkling paste to the true diamond? What is a dream to the glorious reality? What is time's mirth, in its best trim, compared to our Lord Jesus in His most despised estate? If you know anything of the inner life, you will confess that our highest, purest, and most enduring joys must be the fruit of the tree of life which is in the midst of the Paradise of God. No spring yields such sweet water as that well of God which was digged with the soldier's spear. All earthly bliss is of the earth earthy, but the comforts of Christ's presence are like Himself, heavenly. We can review our communion with Jesus, and find no regrets of emptiness therein; there are no dregs in this wine, no dead flies in this ointment. The joy of the Lord is solid and enduring. Vanity hath not looked upon it, but discretion and prudence testify that it abideth the test of years, and is in time and in eternity worthy to be called "the only true delight." For nourishment, consolation, exhilaration, and refreshment, no wine can rival the love of Jesus. Let us drink to the full this evening.

No one express the love of God Like C. H. Spurgeon----------
LTM

#414129 Jan 8, 2013
Where Sinners Go
January 8, 2013 — by Dave Branon
Subscribe on iTunes
Play MP3 (Mobile)
Our Daily Bread Radio is hosted by Les Lamborn Read: Romans 5:6-15
God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.—Romans 5:8
Bible in a Year:
Genesis 20-22; Matthew 6:19-34
My friend was having a conversation with a man who didn’t have much good to say about the Christian faith. My friend knew that if he were to sound too “religious,” he would jeopardize any chance to witness. So, in the middle of their discussion, he said,“Hey, Bob, do you know where sinners go?”

“That’s easy,” he replied.“You’re going to tell me they go to hell.”

“No,” my friend responded.“They go to church.”

Bob was speechless. That wasn’t what he expected. He wasn’t ready to hear from a Christian who realized he wasn’t perfect. My friend had a chance to share that Christians understand their sinfulness and their need for continual spiritual restoration. He was able to explain grace—the unmerited favor we have with God despite our sinfulness (Rom. 5:8-9; Eph. 2:8-9).

Perhaps we don’t give those outside the church a clear picture of what’s happening inside. They may not understand that we’re there to praise our Savior for providing “redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins”(Col. 1:14).

Yes, sinners go to church. And sinners—forgiven ones—go to heaven because of God’s grace.

We’re far from perfection, yet perfect forever,For Christ is our righteousness, Lord, and our Savior;No justification for sin can we offer,Yet sanctified fully, we’re now His forever.—LeeA church is a hospital for sinners, not a club for saints.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414130 Jan 8, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, right, whatever. Hey, you, are you denying you call Catholics clowns, buffoons, dancing monkeys, etc.?
Hypocrite.
Get lost.
Regina M. says to FREE MIND.........What a snot-nosed, whiny baby you are. Get off your fat butt!

MICHAEL says.......Where is the love?

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#414131 Jan 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
what is with you that you believe that God cannot visit a
Double-wide, Quonset hut, converted 7-11 store, etc.
Why do you lie...and infer that someone has to attend one of you
MAUSOLEUMS/museums where relics statues and idols are displayed TO BE A CHRISTIAN
You propagate a foreign gospel (a lie)that Jesus never ever taught..
which proves you don't know Him...
~~~
Jesus words were/are...
Mat 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
you remind me of His words
Mat_23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
Maybe an old fraud like you can answer this question since Chuck obviuosly couldn't.

Do folks who claim to know the Holy Spirit like you do get some kind of pass with God considering they molest and commit adultery and other such serious sins at the same rate as other Christian groups?

#414132 Jan 8, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>what is not being realized by some catholics is this: we go to church on Sunday and weeknight, usually arriving around 20 minutes or so before and socalize, church starts and when it ends, people go home.
now this is in small country churches, so children are with their parents at ALL times, and we dont have the problem that others might have,and if karen was on here she would agree that this is probably the same at her country church.
Agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey Tue Serkan Turkbayram 6
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Oct 20 Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE