Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590541 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#414073 Jan 8, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
My mistake.
Then what? I mean since you have no sinners in your worship community, I'd think you'd like to share the information.
Oh come on now Regina...I never said we didn't have sinners.

So if your parish was involved in a molestation lawsuit would you contiue to support them financially?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414074 Jan 8, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually not all protestant ecclesiastical unions have insurance. Some have been denied, some have been dropped and others think they dont need it, because they deny that it could ever happpen in their church or dont believe in it. However the truth is some of those were destroyed in settlements that made them bankrupt. That is the bigger problem (denial it exists in their churches) and pshchologists have pointed that out. Many of them simply have no polcy. You know the not in my church mentality. That never happens to born agains routine. You have seen it over and over in here havent you? They werent really saved. ;0 The insurance statistics that have been published by major media do not fare well for Protestants and only include the 3 major companies who offer it. Those reports cited also excluded churches of largely black population, therefore it would largely inflate the Protestant number of cases. The point I have always made is I dont really care which denonimation has more what I do care about is people who try to deny it does or could ever exist in their midst so they do nothing and just point fingers at others. In the end nothing can be accomplished by those who think that way other then to foment hatred toward other groups using a fallacy.
Nearly $3 BILLION so far in lawsuits in the catholic church.

What insurance didn't pay, YOU HELPED PAY. Anyone who puts money on the collection plate is paying for bad deeds of the fathers.

I am sure the priests/bishops and Cardinals thankyou for your support.

I thank you for your support of them.....
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#414075 Jan 8, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You call Catholics all kinds of childish names. Hypocrite.
People sin. Get over it and stop whining.
Name a post number.

You can't.

I certainly never called ladies names like "old hag." (Remember?)

But I don't think old coot is so bad, when true :o)
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414076 Jan 8, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>verwee interesting.
I bring the truth. They don't want to hear it.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#414077 Jan 8, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually not all protestant ecclesiastical unions have insurance. Some have been denied, some have been dropped and others think they dont need it, because they deny that it could ever happpen in their church or dont believe in it. However the truth is some of those were destroyed in settlements that made them bankrupt. That is the bigger problem (denial it exists in their churches) and pshchologists have pointed that out. Many of them simply have no polcy. You know the not in my church mentality. That never happens to born agains routine. You have seen it over and over in here havent you? They werent really saved. ;0 The insurance statistics that have been published by major media do not fare well for Protestants and only include the 3 major companies who offer it. Those reports cited also excluded churches of largely black population, therefore it would largely inflate the Protestant number of cases. The point I have always made is I dont really care which denonimation has more what I do care about is people who try to deny it does or could ever exist in their midst so they do nothing and just point fingers at others. In the end nothing can be accomplished by those who think that way other then to foment hatred toward other groups using a fallacy.
Where did you find all these 'facts'??? Our insurance company simply added such coverage on their own when the CC problem became so openly known.

We haven't really needed it; I've only known five cases in all my years, and only one of those was a member of our denomination...and he lived halfway across the country from us. Not including Bakker and Swaggart...though those two were not molesting children.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#414078 Jan 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on now Regina...I never said we didn't have sinners.
So if your parish was involved in a molestation lawsuit would you contiue to support them financially?
You said none of you commit certain sins. You're selective sinners, then? lol!

So how does one determine if a baptist gathering is part of the SBC or not?
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#414079 Jan 8, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You call Catholics all kinds of childish names. Hypocrite.
People sin. Get over it and stop whining.
Oops, you forgot to address my point. Try again.

Common Sense 101......

It's impossible to argue that Jesus would want His supposed "only true church" to use diplomatic immunity to avoid accountability.

No self-respecting God would hand-pick such a church to guide the salvation of mankind.

That's just common sense.

Just like no God would NEVER allow the perpetrator of the largest child sex-abuse COVER-UP in world history to be God's messenger of "perfect moral teachings."

That's just common sense. There is no reason that any God would play such absurd games, yet teach....

"... for ye shall know them by their deeds."

The "only true" is beyond absurd.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414080 Jan 8, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
No abuses have occurred in our parish...the money stays in our parish.
Thanks.
Check out the 5 dioceses of New Jersey? Check out Patterson NJ diocese.

http://bishop-accountability.org/priestdb/Pri...

Catholics better learn what has been going on. Of course your priest isn't going to tell you what has happened in your diocese.

Blame Michael for posting you the truth......
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#414081 Jan 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I use to coach baseball and basketball with a friend of mine at a catholic school. When charges came out against priests it was then that anyone involved with children had to go through a program and they put policies in place as well. In the 25 years at the catholic church, I'd never seen anything like it. So why didn't the church have these programs and policies in place before the charges came out?
Hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it Chuck? We weren't aware of it. Why didn't most large organizations like public schools, the Boy Scouts, the SBC, other mainstream protestant groups, etc. have them years ago? They weren't aware of how widespread and serious the problem was either.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#414082 Jan 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we did have policies in place before, but they were outdated and new technology as well as substantially increased knowledge and awareness of the profile of sexual predators allowed us to put in place a policy that is better than any large organization on the planet. Yours included.
Saying we only did it because we got "caught" implies we just wanted to avoid getting sued in the future and don't care about the safety of children. If that's your position, our conversation is over.
Tony...if policies were in place why weren't adults involved with children put through programs and told about policies in the 25 years I was at the catholic church?

It was not until the charges came out when they instituted them. Why were adults never told about them?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#414083 Jan 8, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Below, check out all the roman catholic dioceses of Minnesota.

Long history of clergy problems......

ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#414084 Jan 8, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Name a post number.
You can't.
I certainly never called ladies names like "old hag." (Remember?)
But I don't think old coot is so bad, when true :o)
Yeah, I can. But I don't have to. If anyone is interested your posts are there to see.

Old hag, lol! What a snot-nosed, whiny baby you are.
Get off your fat butt and get some fresh air for a change, help someone less fortunate, do some good for someone other than yourself.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#414085 Jan 8, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You said none of you commit certain sins. You're selective sinners, then? lol!
So how does one determine if a baptist gathering is part of the SBC or not?
I don't blame you for dodging my question.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#414086 Jan 8, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out the 5 dioceses of New Jersey? Check out Patterson NJ diocese.
Catholics better learn what has been going on. Of course your priest isn't going to tell you what has happened in your diocese.
Blame Michael for posting you the truth......
You can't read, can you?
That's what I thought.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#414087 Jan 8, 2013
God hand-picked men to lead and administer His church on earth.

Men sin.

God knew this.

Get over it.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#414088 Jan 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Regina...
If your parish was involved with a molestation lawsuit would you continue to financially support it?
Catholic Parishes are NOT involved in molestation lawsuits!...Catholic Parishes don't commit pedphile acts or sexual abuse!!...... Only a "small % handful" of priests who have gone against the moral, ethical and spiritual virtues taught to them, proclaimed by them, along with their supported vows, that they have taken in their personal relationship to Jesus Christs, and to HIS One True Catholic Church (the Bride of Christ),(these priests) are the ones that are held responsible for their perverted actions.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#414089 Jan 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't blame you for dodging my question.
Why are sitting next to me in church watching what I put in the collection basket?

I do blame you for dodging all my questions. How does one determine if a baptist communal gathering group is part of the SBC or not?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#414090 Jan 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic Parishes are NOT involved in molestation lawsuits!...Catholic Parishes don't commit pedphile acts or sexual abuse!!...... Only a "small % handful" of priests who have gone against the moral, ethical and spiritual virtues taught to them, proclaimed by them, along with their supported vows, that they have taken in their personal relationship to Jesus Christs, and to HIS One True Catholic Church (the Bride of Christ),(these priests) are the ones that are held responsible for their perverted actions.
thanks
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#414091 Jan 8, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
Men sin.
God knew this.
Get over it.
so sinful men lead God's church here on earth....huh. lets look at this. God is without sin, hates sin, doesn't tolerate sin, punishes sin, put sinful men in church of His church here on earth? hmmmm

*would only make sense to a catholic.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#414092 Jan 8, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
Men sin.
God knew this.
Get over it.
So God's church would also be flawed because sinners lead it.

amazing...absolutely amazing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Mr Sir 9,403
News Ireland's gay marriage vote was 'a defeat': Vat... 13 hr Imprtnrd 6
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) May 25 QUITTNER May 25 2015 5
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) May 23 pazuzu 61
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition May 23 Passing thru 8
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) May 22 KristoFMYsagun 10
News Francis expects short papacy May 21 ELIAS IBARRA 12
More from around the web