Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646966 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

marge

Leesburg, GA

#414187 Jan 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I AGREE...
IF WE WE DEALING WITH CHRISTIANS... IT WOULD BE DIFFERENT...
BUT WITH ROMAN CATHOLICS ....
ITS ABJECT HOPELESSNESS..
no, we can still pray for them and know God hears our prayers and pray for everyone for that matter, we have no choice:)

United States

#414188 Jan 8, 2013
guest wrote:
That is exactly what I said.
-
Muhammad learned how to wage war in the name of God from watching the Catholics wage war in the name of God.
-
He reacted by creating Islam.
-
-
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the romans-catholics, the church and state worked together for power back then imo.
-
Oh, absolutely! The church and state were one and this is one of the reasons the Protestants broke away from the church. She had an iron grip on everything. Which is why she hid the Word of God from the people. She didn't want them reading God's word and comparing it to what they were doing. They had lots of excuses, too, for keeping knowledge from the people. They told their followers that they could not understand the deeper things of God, and that the Bible needed to be interpreted through them. And we see the results of what they have done, Crusades, Inquisition ... pedophiles.
-
No more. We have the Bible and though there have been many different 'denominations' come from this separation from the Roman Catholic Church ... there has to be at least ONE who is getting it right. Though I don't believe anyone can get it 100% correct, there has to be one which is close.
truth

Perth, Australia

#414189 Jan 8, 2013
10 commandment is
-don't have another God before me
- Honor and respect your Father and Mother all goodness is with them

Wisdom stay with your oldest.
truth

Perth, Australia

#414190 Jan 8, 2013
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#414191 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I AGREE...
Typical response from you Confrinting,(YOU) deciding who is a Christian as who is not!........ This is "nothing new" to (any of us Catholics) since you have PROVEN over and over and over again, that your "judgmental and condemning (bible only- "half-truth" ministry)" NEVER HAS and NEVER WILL be able to "stand on its own" without (again) attacking, judging and condemning the TRUE faith---the TRUE personal faith and Salvation (in Jesus Christ) of other Christians--(especially Catholics)..... Fraudulent, condemning and judgmental Protestant preachers, such as you, are one of the main reasons that I left my "bible only"Church and became a Catholic--(born again) into the "Fullness of the Faith and the Fullness of the Truth" in the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ and His (historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church--the Bride of Christ. You Confrinting, don't know and have (never) known what a "true Christian" really is because you have (rebelliously, defiantly and willfully) "REJECTED" the Fullness of the Truth AND the Faith that Our Lord gave us in the bible, in and through His "One True Catholic Church"

Since: Nov 08

usa

#414192 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>
One may read the Bible for himself. However, the Bible says "do not forsake the assembling of yourselves together". The assembly of Christians IS the local church. It is in this assembly that we learn to fellowship. It is where we can be taught by elders, and it is where we can share that knowledge with younger ones.
The Bible also instructs us to bring all of the tithe into the storehouse (church), and to bring offerings, "so that there may be meat (provision) in My house." God will provide the needs of those who honor Him with their substance.
you have a good point,another alternative which is slowly growing in this country and others is bible study groups,two people that i work with quit going to church and joined a group and they love it,they are learning more than they ever have by attending church.lets face it the catholic church has casts shadows of doubts about these so called true churches,people are not totally trusting them,and if you have that,how can you really learn the truth if your not 100% sure your being told the truth? going to church does not put food in your house if it did you would have no need for a job or money,you want things in life you have to work for it,nothing is free,there's allways a hidden agenda attached to most everything,if you have doubts about your church and what it's telling you,a bible group sounds like a good idea where you can socialize and learn and everyone can chip in and bring along food and drink to these gatherings.i was briefly involved with a group of people that went through cancer treatments like i have and we shared experiences,some good and some not so good sadly to say,i know i'm not alone in my fight with this deadly disease,talking to my g/f is not easy because she has no idea as to exactly what i'm going through,talking to someone who has/had the same problem is more understanding and in some cases helpful,but in the end the best weapon you have to fight off this disease is yourself,and i think that can be applied to a lot of different things that happen in a persons life,you are your best friend but also your worst enemy depending on the choices you make in your life,what it boils down to is "think twice act once".

Since: Nov 08

usa

#414193 Jan 9, 2013
love to stay and chat but must go to work,catch up with you later,everyone have a good day be safe.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#414195 Jan 9, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
In your theology sin is sin, so you are a hypocrite when you admit to be willing to support a sinning pastor, but NOT one who facing molestation charges.
You claim to "know" the Holy Spirit and imply Regina doesn't. Saying "nope" to my question tells me you have no more ability to ferret out sinners in your own congregation than we do. And really, that's not our job now is it? Part of our job and that of the diocese and the Church as a whole is to put in place procedures to protect innocent children from predators. We've done that.
150 members? I guess it's a bit easier to keep tabs on that number vs. 1.2 billion.
There's a reason why Catholic Churches are so beautiful and ornate. It's easy to find out why if you're really interested and not just looking for something to criticize.
Do you still say that yelling at your neighbor is a sin?

You do remember saying this right?

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#414196 Jan 9, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, He didn't say that. Stop adding to scripture, it's forbidden.
We know it is.
Yet you papists continue to alter it to suit yourselves, all the while laughing and literally mocking God, who GAVE US the Scriptures.
Do as you say, but not as you do, right?
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#414197 Jan 9, 2013
Simple FACTS for Catholics....#247

There is no such thing as "Holy Diplomatic Immunity."

Attention RCC.....

The phrases "Perfect teachings on morals" and "diplomatic immunity" do not belong together in the real world.

Based on real-world FACTS, the faith of "only-true church" becomes absurd, even laughable.

Stop the comedy club routine. Be a good church. Be the oldest church. But cut the moral superiority baloney.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#414198 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You sir are the liar...
I was the one that wrote WHAT YOU ARE ALLUDING TO..AND I WAS POSTING ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP THAT I BELONG TO...
I NEVER SAID....protestant leaders don't cover up abuse
I WROTE
." I
HAVE NO NEED TO PLAY THE BLAME GAME... ""We have never had an event
where sin has been covered up and swept under the rug..""
.THERE IS RESPONSIBILITY WITH
ACCOUNTABILITY TO GOD IN OUR FELLOWSHIP. A HOMOSEXUAL IS GIVEN A HEARING-TRIAL
BEFORE THE COUNSEL AND IF CHARGES ARE PROVEN IS DIS-FELLOWSHIP AND CANNOT BE
RESTORED.. A PERVERT THAT WOULD/DID MOLEST A CHILD IS DEFROCKED AND TURNED OVER
TO THE CIVIL COURT. PRONTO. THESE AND OTHER DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS HAVE BEEN IN
SET IN ORDER SINCE THE LATE 1800'S. WE HAVE NOT TOLERATED AND WILL NOT TOLERATE
COVER-UPS... To begin with our ministers MUST BE BORN AGAIN Christians... SET
FORTH ...AS APPROVED BY THE CONGREGATION WHERE HE IS A MEMBER. HE MUST PROVE HIS
CALLING TO THE MINISTRY...TO THE COUNCIL BEFORE HE IS ACCEPTED AS A CANDIDATE
FOR THE MINISTRY. IF ONE MISSTEPS... EVEN TO THE POINT OF NOT PAYING HIS BILLS
...HE IS SANCTIONED.(6 hrs ago | post #414118)
~~~~~~~~~~
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ...THAT YOU CANNOT QUOTE MY POST.... AS IT WAS WRITTEN...
NOT ONLY HAVE YOU LIED ABOUT WHAT WAS WRITTEN...
YOU BLAMED MY WIFE...FOR WRITING IT ....AND IMPLICATED HER.
Lately the only way I know it's Kay posting instead of you is by the fact that she's NOT SCREAMING and her grammar is mostly correct.

Here's the post from "confrinting" (it's you, her or a gremlin using your computer);

"confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why that the CC attacks on Protestants are useless. Show me ONE Protestant offender whose overseer's protected him."

Then I posted evidence showing protestant overseers coveing up and protecting abuse. Then she/you posted the following;

confrinting with the word
“"GOD IS FAITHFUL."”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"
Please wait... Reply »
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
<>

Nowhere said that there are NO Protestant cover-ups, but Jim Bakker and Jim Swaggart are names that come to mind. NO cover-up.

Now confrinting, are there or are there NOT protestants who cover-up child abuse?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#414199 Jan 9, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you still say that yelling at your neighbor is a sin?
You do remember saying this right?
Um, yeah I said it. Yelling in anger at your neighbor is a sin. Don't you think it is? And what does that have to do with the fact that you discriminate between sins when deciding to financially support your pastor?
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#414200 Jan 9, 2013
Fruits of the morally superior RCC...#62

Compare the Americas --

1.. Societies based on Protestant/deist Reformation ideals.

2.. Societies based on Roman Catholic ideals.

Question -- where do Catholics posting here choose to live?

Question --- why do so many people immigrate away from societies built on Roman Catholic ideals?

The real world tells us the Roman Church's claim of moral superiority is absurd.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#414201 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I AGREE...
So is this your official infallible declaration that Catholics aren't Christians?
truth

Perth, Australia

#414202 Jan 9, 2013
protect yourself from wicket neighbor..is that sin pray very laud..if not tell me very peaceful wicket but harmful story..
byyyyyyyyy
be bless
pray very laud
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#414203 Jan 9, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, yeah I said it. Yelling in anger at your neighbor is a sin. Don't you think it is? And what does that have to do with the fact that you discriminate between sins when deciding to financially support your pastor?
Actually you can be anger but not sin...that is biblical right?

So Jesus was sinning when He was yelling at the money changers in the Temple?
Pad

Fishers, IN

#414204 Jan 9, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
Hobby Lobby stands firm against emergency contraceptive mandate
By MARCUS RAUHUT
@MarcusRauhutPO
Hobby Lobby customers nationwide showed their support over the weekend for the company's fight against a federal mandate to provide emergency contraceptives in its health insurance plan.
The retailer filed a lawsuit in September, saying a mandate by the Health and Human Services Department to provide "morning-after pill" and "week after pill" in its health insurance plan violates its religious beliefs.
Shortly after a federal court denied a request for an injunction, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee urged customers to support the store Saturday during an "Appreciation Day."
Hobby Lobby is the largest business to file a lawsuit against the mandate, according to The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty, the Washington, D.C-based law firm representing Hobby Lobby in the case.
More than 40 other businesses, colleges, Catholic charities and dioceses have filed similar lawsuits challenging the mandate, which is a regulation under the Affordable Care Act. The Roman Catholic Diocese of Harrisburg is not among the list but previously said it was a "disappointment" that the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the law.
Hobby Lobby, which has more than 500 stores and 13,000 employees nationwide, faces fines of $1.3 million a day for not complying with the mandate.
http://www.publicopiniononline.com/news/ci_22...
And persecution is rearing its ugly head here in this country.The Government will stop at nothing with this present administration especially.It will be no surprise when this government will impose on Catholic priests and ministers of the gospel to marry gays and lesbians,because their feelings will be hurt if the clergy deny gays and lesbians to marry each other with God's """Blessing """.

The writing is on the wall Regina,we see it coming swiftly,as this country heads down that slope of even worse immorality.In this country,53 million babies have been aborted since 1973,are we wondering why AMERICA is being visited with severe weather patterns that even a local rain fall is destructive?There are two things that God will judge a nation for: what it does to its young,and its lack of morality.There are others but,that can be for another post.

I do stand with the Catholic Church on its battle for morality and ending infancied in this country,and of course ultimately the world.

We have to take a stand even though the world is overwhelmingly bent on destroying itself through their rebellion against God.naturally the world does not see that what it does is eventually self-destructive."Sin is a reproach to any nation."
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#414205 Jan 9, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you can be anger but not sin...that is biblical right?
So Jesus was sinning when He was yelling at the money changers in the Temple?
Righteous anger is biblical. No, Jesus was not sinning when He was tearing into the money changers. If I remember correctly, the example I used was yelling at the neighbor because his dog was crapping in my yard. I doubt one would consider that an example of biblical righteous anger. lol.

Now, back to the issue at hand (which you are trying ever so diligently to avoid), how do you justify discriminating between sins when deciding to financially support your pastor?
Pad

Fishers, IN

#414206 Jan 9, 2013
Read the Koran (Q'uran) for yourself...I have.
I have as well, and use the one in my home as a resource.There are two major themes in the Q'uran: Allah does not have a son, and Allah punishes even with death infidels,of which we the People of the Book are such.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#414207 Jan 9, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I have as well, and use the one in my home as a resource.There are two major themes in the Q'uran: Allah does not have a son, and Allah punishes even with death infidels,of which we the People of the Book are such.
I have not read the Quran Dan. Does Muhammad say that he has issues with the Blessed Virgin like Kay insinuates??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 10 hr South Knox Hombre 7
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 28 Mr Sir 10,166
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Jun 27 Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web