Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,940)

Showing posts 398,781 - 398,800 of529,929
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

14 generation sin=1000 years

pray for your family tree
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay
Peace
Yes. I understand. I have been re-evaluating my time spent on the threads....
Most of the arguments on here are from repetition and generalizations, and are fallacious as arguments. Undoubtedly, it is a result of attacking others and has become so ingrained in this society that reconciliation and constructive criticism is considered evil. Such as it is....
If I do stay on the thread, it would be for my edification, that I might learn not to be as judgemental as I see those on this thread are....
At this time I really see very very little in the way of exhorting one to a closer walk with Jesus on this thread. And that is to bad.
Robert,

What you and Clay see as "attacks" are nothing more than addressing the title of this board.

Most of these so-called "attacks" are backed by credible links. If you could refute with same, then you and others might not view yourselves as victims.

When you post under the title "only true church" -- then expect to be challenged on that statement.

Playing the victim says that your "only one true" thing is absurd.

EXAMPLE -- It's impossible to argue that Jesus would want His "only true church" to use diplomatic immunity to avoid accountability.

That's just plain absurd -- and this is just just one example.

You see it as an attack, because you have no way to refute.

More? How does this "only true church" thing manifest itself in the quality of societies? Look at the Americas. Why do Catholic-majority societies tend to be more backward and crime-ridden?

How many absurdities do you want?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Satan read bible and calculated dash sandal of stone evil way huh huh huh in your socks are you for sure about that?

but Jesus calculated too
without shoes around altar

ALTAR
Whats deference rev 1;19 Jesus testament

and rev 20;8 deceiver
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Dajjal the False Messiah pt.9 (with Malay subtitle)

for Peanut om womens lib

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
HOJO........HOW DO YOU KNOW that a molesting priests never apologize to their victims!
MICHAEL says..........SHOW ME EXAMPLES!
Give me one example where a molesting priest went to authorities to turn himself in because the priest in the confessional told him to?
NEVER HAPPENED! WHY?
If you stole a bicycle the priest HEARING YOUR CONFESSION would tell you to return it to the owner. Right?
Doesn't the priest hearing confession have an moral obligation to express to the molesting priest to do the right thing before he is absolved from sin? If you are not going to serve justice for your sin, than why is the sin absolved?
....something is terribly wrong hojo!
-
-
Aviela wrote:
Apology is not going to fix the emotional traumas they have caused hundreds of victims. They robbed their lives. These preachers should do time like all the rest of wicked criminals. The robe doesn't make them holy men
-
-
For the Catholic The Confessional and The Eucharist is a sort of "get out of jail, free" card. It keeps them in good standing with the church, so in a way, apologies to the victims is of no consequence.

I am sure Cardinal Law is comfy in his retirement. He's the dude that covered up for John Geoghan and then the Pope went and gave him a new job in Vatican City. So, the Pope covered up for Law. I wonder if the Pope heard Law's confession about his covering up for Geoghan? Sounds like a conspiracy to me.
-
In fact, Cardinal Law accused a victim of Geoghan's!
"the plaintiff (McSorley) was not in the exercise of due care, but rather the negligence of the plaintiff contributed to cause the injury or damage complained of ..." how sickening! Cardinal Law basically accused a child of seducing a priest! a 12 year old ... seducing a grown man? Oh please!

http://www.vachss.com/help_text/archive/law_a...
-
No. The robes do not make them holy men, but the priests actually think the church does. Go figure!
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Aviela new friend
I am afraid, I am not prepared to re-enter into a discussion. Nor did you respond to my answer. Instead you merely repeated your accusation(by innuendo), and added to it.
It is not upon me, to make you understand.
I am seriously considering leaving this thread, as it is merely repetitive.
As one might say, I shake the dust from my sandals, and move on.
I humbly apologize if I offended you. I am sorry. I will go back and see what question you asked me. I will make an effort to be more patient...agape.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Ugh sorry Robert..I gave you an answer and it dissapeared..I have to retype it again.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Hello everyone, can someone tell me what is Eucharist. Thank you.
Aviela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
For the Catholic The Confessional and The Eucharist is a sort of "get out of jail, free" card. It keeps them in good standing with the church, so in a way, apologies to the victims is of no consequence.
I am sure Cardinal Law is comfy in his retirement. He's the dude that covered up for John Geoghan and then the Pope went and gave him a new job in Vatican City. So, the Pope covered up for Law. I wonder if the Pope heard Law's confession about his covering up for Geoghan? Sounds like a conspiracy to me.
-
In fact, Cardinal Law accused a victim of Geoghan's!
"the plaintiff (McSorley) was not in the exercise of due care, but rather the negligence of the plaintiff contributed to cause the injury or damage complained of ..." how sickening! Cardinal Law basically accused a child of seducing a priest! a 12 year old ... seducing a grown man? Oh please!
http://www.vachss.com/help_text/archive/law_a...
-
No. The robes do not make them holy men, but the priests actually think the church does. Go figure!
So sad:o( Poor victims.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
I almost came on this forum again (well, I did for this post anyway) but, the moment I logged on, I saw mike talking about child sexual abuse again. Between Free and him, there were 43 posts in 8hrs about child sexual abuse so far. There was more yesterday. By the time this day is over... they will have accumulated over 100 posts just about child sexual abuse.
Now, i think its been fairly proven that the Church has made great strides to correct this evil. And statistically it was never more rampant in the CC then any other group. The so called 'cover up' is proven to be greatly exaggerated by people who wish the destruction of the Church for other reasons - not related to child sexual abuse.
It would be good to continue the great theological discussions with other Christians like, Preston, Pad and Chuck.
But child sexual abuse talk 24/7 feels like I'm participating in a couple peoples psychological issues. Its bizarre. I mean, when this week is over, there will be over 500 posts from Mike and free about this! Who does that??
anyway, God bless you Preston.
-
""I mean, when this week is over, there will be over 500 posts from Mike and free about this! Who does that??""
""Now, i think its been fairly proven that the Church has made great strides to correct this evil.""
-
-
It's been fairly proven that the Catholic Church has been covering up rape of little boys for centuries. Perhaps for as long as it has been an institution.
to say that was never more rampant in the RCC than other groups TOTALLY MISSES THE POINT.
-
OTHER GROUPS ... do ... not ... have ... the same far-flung, world wide structure as does the Catholic Church. and because of this, there is not the same conspiracy to cover up.
-
Furthermore, that Catholic Church has been at this since the days of Constantine ... and "protestant" churches are only 500 years old.
The Catholic church has been at this for 1,500 years longer than any other so called 'group'. It's about time the Catholic Church 'grew up' and addressed this heinous mess it has itself in!
-
Funny that! It took a bunch of little altar boys going to the SECULAR authorities before anything got done ... and you say, "Now, i think its been fairly proven that the Church has made great strides to correct this evil." ... the church had "made great strides" ONLY because the mess got too big to cover it up!
-
John Geoghan 30 years .... 130 victims (that we know of)... But Cardinal Law knew of this in 1984 ...
-
Cardinal Law liked to blame the little boys ...
-
so, doing the math ... 130 altar boys seduced a poor l'il ol' priest?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Geoghan ...
-
Who did Law blame when he was forced to resign his position as Boston's archbishop?
-
It's clear the Catholic church has no moral authority when the Vatican "investigates" the nuns ... and covers up for pedophiles, such as John Geoghan who get away with raping little boys ... for 30 YEARS!!!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Aviela wrote:
Eucharist = Holy Communion ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eucharist

Catholics live for Holy Communion. They believe it is what makes the Roman Catholic church the "true" church ... that, and Apostolic Succession.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

you are attacking belivers
who is belivers..alive church prayers

others not..
now you can't hide your evil jelouse don't you..

in name of Jesus Christ
God of truth+
Alive holy God+
Immortal God+
nesretni zmaju i legijo sotonska
prestani varati ljudska bica i prosipati otrov pogibelji vjecne
ustupi mjesto Kristu
gdje su podlozni svi cherubini sefrafini
svet svet svet gospodin Bog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Aviela wrote:
-
-
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Eucharist = Holy Communion ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eucharist
Catholics live for Holy Communion. They believe it is what makes the Roman Catholic church the "true" church ... that, and Apostolic Succession.
-
I should say "so called" Apostolic Succession, because Peter was NOT the first Pope.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
It is a cannabilistic ritual of the catholic church and not the view that Christian have of the Lords Supper that we do in remeberance of what Christ done for the salvation of man kind when he died on the cross.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>It is a cannabilistic ritual of the catholic church and not the view that Christian have of the Lords Supper that we do in remeberance of what Christ done for the salvation of man kind when he died on the cross.
-
Yes.
Catholics believe they are eating the literal body and drinking the literal blood of Jesus Christ.
-
I was disabused of the Catholic Church when a friend quoted to me: Matthew 23:9 ... call no man your Father ... And since that is the first thing the Catholic Church insists on, I knew immediately that it could not be the true church.
-
Catholics think they (fallible men) can change even the words that Jesus Christ himself spoke.
-
If Jesus said it, I think it holds FAAAAAAR more weight than any conflicting statement a fallible pope says.... so they jump through hoops "inventing" new doctrine, and dogma ... Ex cathedra.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_infallibil...
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
<quoted text> So sad:o( Poor victims.
Yes, it is sad. This is only 4 years and doesnt count the landmark US case and the many more in progress in Canada. No church or school is immune and those who deny it deny reality. The recent 28 million in the US is about to open an avalanche in Canada. May God weed out all this filth wherever they may be.

December 1, 2012

AUSTRALIA

A $3 Billion class action lawsuit is being launched in Australia on behalf of up to 6,160 children within the Church of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Documents relating to the class action reveal over 14,000 serious criminal breaches of mandatory child protection laws, committed against these children by elders and “ministers of religion” within the Church of Jehovah’s Witnesses over the past 4 years.

The Victorian government “Inquiry into the Handling of Child Abuse by Religions and other Organisations” is currently investigating the allegations, and is expected to hold a public hearing in relation to this in early 2013.

http://jwnewsnetwork.wordpress.com/2012/12/01...
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Antichrist from Turkey. Obama lies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

A must watch !!!!

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Aviela wrote:
The 'eucharist' is the false title given by the papal religion to the sham of the Lord's Table.
They falsely claim their wafer actually becomes Christ's flesh, and the wine becomes 'His actual blood'.... a fable they call 'transubstantiation'.

The false belief in a eucharist (or 'changed appearance of the hosts) was instituted by an old romanist pope (Innocent IIIrd), who demanded ALL parishioners would believe the lie under 'pain of excommunication and death by burning at the stake as a heretic'.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Is everyone clueless today?
Meaning????

What Span said is true. The bible does NOT support the lies and false teachings of romanism.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

preston wrote:
G/N.
been a sad day for me. I lost a good friend who died from a stroke last night. his wife was one of my church members who prayed often for her companion. remember that family in your prayers.
I am truly sorry to hear this, Preston.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 398,781 - 398,800 of529,929
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••